[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you played in a campaign where your characters already were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 4hol_3512.jpg (132KB, 700x543px) Image search: [Google]
4hol_3512.jpg
132KB, 700x543px
Have you played in a campaign where your characters already were somewhat famous or were destined to do epic deeds like part of a prophecy?

Which system?
How did it go?
>>
>>54027305
I run a game where Renown and Fortune are core Attributes and have mechanical implications. Heavily inspired by Bronze Age myth, which means Destiny and Fate are something to be struggle for and against.

Working name is Thesis until I come up with something else. I'm considering Tharros or Kleos, but I'm not sure if I want to tie it too tightly to ancient Greek myth and culture.

It's actually going quite well. Hoping to have a beta build to distribute here within three to four months.
>>
>>54027305
Surprised people don't have any stories to share.
>>
>>54027305
I've run a couple of pulp games where this is precondition for any hero. Each of them already has something heroic in their origin story, which as a gm allows me to
a) summon them for further adventures rather than any random shmoe
b) assume they have a responsibility and a reputation to defend, so they can't just back out of an adventure
>>
>>54027390
Tell me more.
>>
>>54027305
One of my DMs have run 3 games in various D&D editions like that. Two were prematurely ended, one is still ongoing.

They're...alright. There's a hefty helping of sci-fantasy in there with interdimensional threats from magic draining cyborg liches, but it's just so insanely over the top most of the time I can't take it seriously, nor do I feel very attached. We also can't really die because we're destined heroes who've been trapped in a time loop of infinitely reincarnating lives and if we fail the multiverse is annihilated forever or some shit. We've been wished back from getting killed as least twice each now. But hey, it can be pretty funny.
>>
>>54027305
Traveller game I run has two characters in the party that have a pretty high social standing from chargen, the fact one is a Marine that literally got dropped from space into hotzones whilst the other was a commander in space fleets meant it was real easy to argue they were quite well known for their acts in the war.
>>
>>54027305
That's pretty much every Exalted game.
>>
>>54033785
About the game or the system?
>>
>>54040079

Both.jpg
>>
>>54027305
Prophecy/Chosen one with 3 other chosen ones
Fucking awfully, died in the first session because GM forgot I had darkvision, because we were 1st levels and because he forgot to mention this game was going to be full constructs, undead, elementals and oozes and I played a scout focused on precision damage with a bow, didn't recon it
Reincarnated and lost 2 Con on top of losing 2 Con because Elf
Died in second session again because -4 Con, so another -2 Con
Died in the 7th session and lost a level

We were shit as chosen ones because we had nothing special at all except prophetic dreams and every seer fapping before us over how much shit we're destined to do

Left game at 8th session
>>
>>54040191
Do you want me to start at the beginning or when the game is taking place?
>>
>>54040430
nigga what kinda story starts in the middle
>>
>>54043436
Well, almost every traditional Epic, actually. In Media Res is an actual thing.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.