[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 347
Thread images: 34

File: hh.jpg (137KB, 928x1328px) Image search: [Google]
hh.jpg
137KB, 928x1328px
Previous thread: >>54001864
>Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
http://theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-may-2017-plus-new-nook-store/
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/goodbye-my-friend-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Have you ever included a character/organisation from a another franchise in your game? I was thinking the Fraternity from Wanted (the movie version, the comics are a bit too far out) could be a fun antagonist conspiracy.
>5th editons cliffnotes
https://pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>>
File: pepe wizard.gif (494KB, 387x305px) Image search: [Google]
pepe wizard.gif
494KB, 387x305px
>>54025217
>>
How would you stat your favorite version of the Doctor from Doctor Who in WoD or CoD?
>>
>>54025392
I would stat up less shit taste for myself.
>>
>>54025586
>You wanna read something depressing, compare the CofD core book to any of the oWoD core books. Hell compare it to the first edition nWoD core. Shit has 0 soul to it.
>I'd take that 90s edge to that anyday.

Oh, I like the COFD books - they are a different beast. well the NWoD books honestly. First edition. COFD are in the case of vampire, mage and werewolf, systematically much better, but as far as layout/arrangement/editing/organization a fucking mess..

Anyway, back to my original thought - OWoD was the 90's, in a super hero comic book sort of way, and it was fucking awesome at that. I love it for that. It paid lipservice to being a game about horror, telling stories of personal horror and exploring the horror genre in rpg form, but no, it was a superhero comic with horror dressing.

NWoD was White Wolf finally, finally putting their money where their mouth was, and addressing the elephant in the room. Taking the horror seriously. If really understand that, and do so, then it makes for some absolutely fantastic gaming, and to be honest, I found the dryer writing style tended to fit. Well, except the Macolm Sheppard stuff and some of the other garbage authors who they just keep feeding work to out of sympathy. All in all I have had and continue to have as much fun in NWoD/CoFD that I do in OWoD, because they're both fucking great RPGs.
>>
Why are Dresden Files art routinely being used as CofD art? It has it's own RPG and it's a lot more gonzo than the average world of darkness game
>>
File: Obrimos Unicycle.jpg (163KB, 819x1036px) Image search: [Google]
Obrimos Unicycle.jpg
163KB, 819x1036px
>>54026095
>Why are Dresden Files art routinely being used as CofD art?

Everyone knows that Harry is really an Obrimos Adamantine Arrow.

Besides, if we use actual art from CofD books, we end up with crap like Unicycle Obrimos or Adamantine Arrow "Kill The Batman."
>>
>>54025392
What the fuck? How do you stat up a character who is basically powerless until the end of the episode/miniseries at which point through deus ex machina, he survives and moves on to the next episode.

It's pointless, because he is a terrible RPG character, he is never really challenged, shit just happens throughout the episode, deus ex machina after deus ex machina moves the plot forward, dramatic speech at the end, usually where he sanctimoniously talks down to people who behave in a manner that disagrees with the writers' politics (who are usually written of course to behave in a ridiculously exaggerated, obnoxious way) and we move onward to yet another episode.
>>
>>54026037
I meant in regards to how CofD core doesn't have those little quarks that give the earlier editions their character. There's no clever description to what the dots in a skill equal, there's no bit of fiction before each ability or skill.
Stuff that minor really shouldn't mean anything but I found the book lacking so much on account of that.
>>
File: Adamantine Arrow Art.jpg (136KB, 781x509px) Image search: [Google]
Adamantine Arrow Art.jpg
136KB, 781x509px
>>54026095
>>54026196

>Swole Jawa
>Kill The Batman
>>
>>54026095
Because both cover supernatural horror and urban fantasy and no one plays the Dresden Files RPG and lots of people play the World of Darkness games.
>>
>>54026239
I would play the Dresden Files RPG were it not on FATE.
FeelsBadMan.jpg
>>
>>54026203
Amen
>>
>>54026270
>>54026270
>Fate
Yup. I'm right there with you. People scream about FATE and such and I'm just like 'Fuck, really?'
>>
>>54025392
>>54026203
I have him written as an Unchained Demon, with the Regenerations being his various Covers. I can share that if anyone is interested.

As for the whole Deus Ex Machina/Plot Armor issue, that is because of bad writing, not a bad concept. You can make the Doctor work, just make sure he is more of a mysterious side character who doesn't endlessly spout your opinions and that he can't fix everything. He should be more a gateway to the adventures instead of the sole focus of the adventures, you know what I'm saying?
>>
>>54026360
>That feel when you were a fan of the reboot at the start and had to watch the series die and slow, depressing death.
>>
Geist 2e in development, we're getting closer to the finish line!
>>
>>54026196
What's wrong with Kill The Batman? That's a great pieace
>>
>>54025226
>Have you ever included a character/organisation from a another franchise in your game?

I shamelessly ripped off the golden coins from 'John Wick' for my game.
>>
>>54026468
Is the finish line the heat death of the universe?
>>
>>54026502
just stop spamming it every single thread for fucks sake
>>
>>54026204
Ah I see - yes, you are right - that is flavor that could have definitely been used, in the new game just as well as the old. Definitely an omission to the new game's detriment.
>>
>>54025248

The guy you're replying to is right, though.

I understand that a lot of humour relies on repetition to be funny, and some of you seem to think that repeating the same tired memes about Mages is funny. Maybe it was, but that was months ago. It's played out now. The rest of us are moving on, but you're stuck harping on about something we no longer care about. Really, it's no different from that one guy who won't stop singing "this is a triumph" and sending you links that redirect to Rick Astley (and we all know one of those) - it shows a paucity of imagination.

Try harder to make us laugh, if you enjoy the humour. Repeating something to the point where it becomes some kind of zen buddhist mantra is a sign of either a very low IQ or a total lack of imagination.
>>
>>54026538
no, that is the finish line for Wraith
>>
>>54026204
>There's no clever description to what the dots in a skill equal

This is not true. Such descriptions start on page 31.
>>
>>54026615
I don't. I have never actually posted it.
>>
>>54026360
Dr. Who really functionally is a Deus ex Machina. You don't stat him. It's pointless. Even the rules about his lives/regeneration get broken.

The ones who get stats are his companions, they are the characters of note in play, they are the PCs of the game so to speak, the Doctor is just a Storyteller's pet NPC with plot invulnerability who is there to get all the glory in the end, while the fumbling misadventures of the PCs chew through the game session itself.
>>
>>54025430
Oh, you.

>>54025392
I think I'd cannabilise that "Genius: the Transgression" game for ideas on jury-rigging alien tech. The "man from Gallifrey" part is problematic given the rules surrounding the Deep Umbra, but not impossible. The true challenge is remixing the Doctor enough that it's still basically the Doctor, without someone going "oh shit, it's David Tennant".
>>
>>54026502
>What's wrong with Kill The Batman? That's a great piece

You cannot be serious.

The Mysterium and Seer art was good, the rest was garbage.
>>
>>54026377
Eccleston was awesome. His ugly chav companion was just gross to look at and worse to watch act. Then he left, and Tennant came in to give all the rail thin, efete fedorafags with hamplanet girlsfriends a character to cosplay as and god, I'd take the worst of the series pre-reboot desu. Now, they have a gross looking dyke nog as a companion, because the BBC is just the worst, and apparently it's just beyond unwatchable, with a female Master and god knows what other SJW trash.
>>
>>54026692
Making him statless is totally viable, and probably will work better for certain stories. I just prefer to have stats precisely to have an idea of what he can and can't do.

>>54026700
In Genius terms, I think the Doctor would be an Inspired Mane.

I'm just gonna post the stats I made for my Unchained!Doctor and see what others think.

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/349384-think-of-fictional-characters-and-say-what-they-would-be-in-cofd?p=1050840#post1050840
>>
>>54026753
Eccleston and Tennant (Barring the last 2 seasons, Donna was annoying as fuck and the writing starting going to shit around that time) were both good. Smith was annoying, only suffered through the first season with him because Karen Gillan was top tier waifu material. Dropped the series completely after that.
Fuck that new writer for ruining the Weeping Angels too, turning them from something interesting into generic 2spooky4me shit.
>>
>>54026196
I don't know how, but White Wolf managed to take a great artist like Kaluta and get him to just utterly phone in an entire book of absolutely shit quality, utterly unfinished, sloppy, shit work.

I mean it's really an achievement unto itself how fucking awful the art in Mage the Awakening was. Unicycle Obrimos, Gay Matador Adamantine Arrow, Puertorican Dreadlock Afro Bike Guy Free Council, Pant Suit Jane the Guardian, L.L. Bean Lesbian Ornithologist Hiking Enthusiast Mysterium Chick, Silly Walking Hobopantsed Vietnamese Frogfaced Ipod Man Pho Pho Phun of the Silver Ladder, Moros Nightclub Sleeze Chinstrap Cowboy, Uncomfortable Shoe Subtle One, Mike Tyson Tattoo Afficionado Tremere... So many to choose from!

I mean the art in 2.0 is terrible, but it's terrible in an amateurish way, and it's what I expect from amateur artists, which is what I assumed they used, probably recruited off of Deviant art and reddit or the like, but Jesus, that 1.0 art was from an actual professional.

Is he falling into Alzheimer's/Dementia or something? Why was it so bad?
>>
>>54026196

Hello again, best piece of Mage artwork to ever exist.
>>
Which supplements for mage, werewolf and vampire are 2.0 native?
>>
>>54026653
I doubt anything anyone has to say will deter the magefags from defecating all over these threads.

I've already given up.
>>
>>54026538
No, the ultimate death of the netherworld. When death dies, so shall rise Geist 2.0.
>>
>>54027091
>I mean the art in 2.0 is terrible

Not all the art in Awakening 2e is bad at all, some is quite good, but it is certainly inconsistent. At least many of the goofy pieces like Swole Jawa and Free Council Pride Parade are genuinely fun.

I'm also glad Awakening avoided, at least for now, the increasing OPP trent to use fauxtography art, something I personally find uninspiring and lazy.
>>
My DM recently ran a one shot based on some shitty horror movie about soldiers fighting ghosts in Iraniraqistan. The things hated iron and were invisible unless you wore some science-goggles that could detect "energy that no-one had comprehended before!" It wasn't that fun to play and no one was satisfied in the end.
>>
>>54027291
>No, the ultimate death of the netherworld. When death dies, so shall rise Geist 2.0.

Someone should detonate spirit nukes in the underworld. What could go wrong...?
>>
>>54027327
>Iraniraqistan

I bet you couldn't even find that on a map.

>It's definitely somewhere near Qurac, Bialya and Khandaq.
>>
>>54027304
I heard they used 'larpers' as the models for those pieces.
>>
>>54027327
The premise isn't that terrible. How'd he fuck it up?
>>
>>54026653
>>54027178

Sometimes I have to wonder what DaveB thinks of all this.
>>
>>54027418
>I heard they used 'larpers' as the models for those pieces.

SwedeDracula obviously approves.

>WW is doomed
>>
>>54027444
"These idiots are beyond help."
>>
>>54027444
>Sometimes I have to wonder what DaveB thinks of all this.

Dave basically acknowledges "mage supremacy" as part of design intent because Mage's high power level is necessary to maintain its themes and he doesn't care about "game balance." He otherwise finds these discussions, and anything close to "white room" arguments, unoriginal and tiresome,

In any event, it's difficult to ascertain Dave's feelings recently as his involvement with all the forums has become increasingly rare.
>>
>>54027435
I don't blame him for it going badly. In the end we just didn't do anything too interesting. We investigated a place where some troops were attacked, got chased by an army of ghosts into an iron factory, were slowly besieged, and got airlifted out by chopper. We were also bothered by several car bombs, which were annoying and only served to let the ghosts keep up with us.
>>
>>54027508
Supposedly he's in a rough patch in his personal life.

Hopefully, things are looking brighter for our favorite exarch.
>>
File: 1348573757794.png (10KB, 964x86px) Image search: [Google]
1348573757794.png
10KB, 964x86px
>>54027508
DaveB is actually smart and doesn't give a shit over what transpires here. Really, this is 4chan.
>>
>>54027569

DaveB used to be a fairly active participant here and on the OPP forums. While definitely sarcastic, he sometimes joined in the absurd fun of some of the mage and other discussions along with routinely answering more mundane questions.

I don't know what's going on in his life, but I imagine it's bad. Not only did he mostly stop posting, but his occasional comments tend to angry, bitter or the nasty kind of sarcastic.

I hope whatever ails Dave is resolved, but whatever is going on probably doesn't bode well for his development and maintenance of the Mage line.
>>
File: So Sayeth Dave.png (10KB, 594x96px) Image search: [Google]
So Sayeth Dave.png
10KB, 594x96px
>>54027569
Relevant
>>
File: Komodo Dragon 1.jpg (63KB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
Komodo Dragon 1.jpg
63KB, 426x240px
>>54027671

I miss the old Dave.
>>
>>54027508
>>54027534
>>54027643

Ah yes, the "woe is Dave" poster.
>>
>>54027569
>this is 4chan

We can afford to be dumbasses here. Not on the OPP forums.
>>
>>54027643
>I hope whatever ails Dave is resolved, but whatever is going on probably doesn't bode well for his development and maintenance of the Mage line.

I believe Dave just turned in the outline for Deviant to WW for approval. He's definitely still working, and hopefully he'll now be able to focus on Mage again.

Let's see if there are any Mage announcements at GenCon.
>>
we're all fags in the chronicles of fagness
>>
>>54027753
>we're all fags in the chronicles of fagness

Some fags are clearly more *fabulous* than others.
>>
>>54027643
>>54027508
>>54027444

Dave stated that he still posts here, but he just rarely uses his tripcode any more.

Heck. he's probably the Anon who was defending the Kill The Batman art.
>>
>>54027816
I bet you're Dave
>>
>>54027708
>Ah yes, the "woe is Dave" poster.

Cold and nasty Anons like you are the reason many developers and authors avoid the forums like the plague.
>>
>>54027816
>Heck. he's probably the Anon who was defending the Kill The Batman art.
No that was me. I wish I was dave. I'm not. I am just someone with amazing taste.
>>
>>54027850
>I bet you're Dave

Alas, no.

I imagine the RealDaveB is sound asleep in jolly ol' England.
>>
>>54027873
>No that was me. I wish I was dave. I'm not. I am just someone with amazing taste.

Swole Anon ?
>>
>>54027863
Wasn't being cold or nasty, merely acknowledging your presence.
>>
>>54027335
Nothing an abyssal ulcer torn into the underworld couldn't fix, I'm sure.
>>
>>54027304
I'll concede that, but it's just overall weaker than older versions and seems so mismatched. I think I prefer the black and white style of the OWoD 1E and 2E art (though the some of the use of color, not in the art, but in the page decoration, was nice in the NWoD 2E book - the 1E just made it hard to read sometimes even if the gold in theary looked kinda neat)
>>
>>54027457
Which is entirely believable and awful.

Larpers are awful.

Just awful.

I've heard in Europe it's different, but in the States it's just the absolute last people you want representing the hobby taking it out in the public, and... the fucking costumes... are... fedoratrocious.
>>
>>54028115
>1E just made it hard to read sometimes even if the gold in theary looked kinda neat)

The 1e layout and colors were an abomination. I, and apparently almost everyone else, nearly went blind reading the book.

I have no idea how no one said WTF when they saw the original proofs for Mage 1e.
>>
>>54028177

I get the impression that Euro-LARPers are just like American LARPers, just a little more serious and a lot more pretentious.

Exhibit A - SwedeDracula
>>
>>54027508
Dave has mentioned before that he sincerely cares about internal balance within the respective gameline, just not whether it matches up to the others.

If some of the Arcana supersede the rest, then that's an issue to look into. Something that actually hampers gameplay.
If a wizard can hurl a vampire or werewolf down into the pits of their demise with relative ease? Not a problem.
>>
It definitely was a fucking disaster. And yet I remember being flamed to high hell for pointing out that the art was shit, the layout was shit, the gold gloss was shit, and that it was a headache inducing mess by the Mage community, at least those that weren't pissing blood about "WAAAAHTLANTIS!!!" or lost in their solipsism still crying about Revised.
>>
>>54028213
>If a wizard can hurl a vampire or werewolf down into the pits of their demise with relative ease? Not a problem.

Problem? Heck, no.

>Feature, not a bug
>>
>>54028219
Yeah, the White Wolf forums were filled with a mix of the worst sycophants and worst malcontents, who somehow found a balance between themselves, each doing their own thing, while attacking in unison anyone who offered something that wasn't rabidly ass kissing or hateful in nature. A reasonable, thought out post, guaranteed flamebait.
>>
>>54028253
>White Wolf forums

At least in the WW forums you're actually allowed to strongly criticize the material and challenge the prevailing social attitudes and politics in the books. Try that in the mess of an online support group for the pathological, socially irredeemable and purportedly oppressed known as rpg.net.
>>
>>54028253
>the White Wolf forums were filled with a mix of the worst sycophants and worst malcontents

The splatwank was also horrendous, even when compared to these threads.
>>
Serious mage question. How does spell scale work?

Say I'm targeting a car Size 10. Would I have to change to advanced scale?

What about if I'm targeting three people and a car in proximity to each other. Would the scale need to be the number of targets or the largest sized target?

What if I'm using an area of effect spell. Do I need to adjust spell factors to fit the largest size object or number of targets?
>>
>>54028285
Oh no argument there, fuck that place. RPG.net takes the politics of reddit's front page and turns them into moderation policy for RPG discussion.
>>
>>54028285
>>54028486
Apparently even Tumblr and Reddit consider RPG.net to be batshit insane for the most part.
That should speak volumes about that place.
>>
>>54028288
Well in the past masquerade fags were the worst offenders. Once other games became mainstream and the player base aged that cooled down. Masquerade fags are now pretty chill tbqh.

Magefags at least here are the new cancer. The constant powerwanking is one thing, the constant need to inject magefaggotry in every other discussion is the real Problem.

>Muh you don't have mages in your chronic guess you are scared gayracula :>

>What would the prince of the city do in situation x? HEHEHHEE a mage would come and kill these leeches? Btw it would be so easy for my OP mage to craft a spell that forces all the suckers to go in the sun.

Mage is cool and interesting. Magegaggotry is horrible and destroys these general though.
>>
>>54025226
So what did I rip off eh?

>Cop from "cult classic" tv series from communist era is a seer of the throne

>Christopher Walken as presented in Weapon of Choice is my local hierarch

>Prince is Bill Nighty...from Love Actually

>one of NPC vamps is Lorenzo Lamas from Renegade
>>
Dude asking about non humans having an oneiros, they dont.

vampires, woofs, changlings, beasts, prommies, dont have one.
>>
>>54028387
You need the scale to for both number of targets and largest size. So 2 people and 1 huge truck, is min 3 targets size 40-50 or whatever a truck is.

As for area effect, it doesnt matter, anything in that area gets hit no matter the size, thats the whole point of area effect. ANYTHING even friends (without fated) will get hit.

So you either choose your targets and get x amount or choose an area with the possibility of hitting a shit ton but friends too.
>>
>>54028387
You're either:
1. Casting a non-area spell, in which case you must reach the target's size (or part of the target, such as hitting a car's axel). For sizes much larger than 7, you'll certainly want advanced scale, or option 2.

2. Casting an area spell, whereby the subject must be entirely within the area of the spell to be affected. This is sometimes the best option in the cases of cars and the like. Why bother casting a spell on the car, when you endvelop it in a fireball?
>>
>>54029049
no mention of needing to entirely in the area, text just says

>, applying the spell effect to anyone or >anything within
>>
>>54029025
>>54029049
As a followup question. When using an Area of Effect spell at 'touch' range how stringent are you with rolls to hit?

As in I cast a knowing spell with an area the size of the room I'm in. I'm literally touching the room by virtue of bing in it. Do I really need to roll to see if I 'hit' the room?
>>
>>54028669
Really?
>>
>>54029151
your in the area of effect of the spell you dont need to roll to hit anything. Without using sensory range you will be at the center of the area of effect. With sensory range you can put the center point anywhere within your sensory range

The only time you need to roll to hit with a spell is if you try to "throw" a touch range spell at something.
>>
>>54029268
Could you make like 'wizard grenades' by throwing area of effect explosion spells?
>>
>>54029268
What if you shape an area of effect into like a cone in front of you a la cone of cold?
>>
>>54029295
yes

you'd be rolling gnosis+athletics/firearms-defense to

Cones are fine too
>>
Note that you can have a spell with an area the size of a house but touch range, walk up and touch it to cast the spell over the entire house.
>>
>>54028985
There's nothing really new about magefaggotry being this bad.

It's just not usually this prolonged, which is, to be sure, particularly severe these days in these threads in particular.
>>
>>54028985
Magefags only have as much power as you give them.
>>
>>54029588
Its annoying. I had several good discussions destroyed by greasy magefags. The general is MUCH better when its slow.

>>54029498
Well nothing really new thats true. I don't even mind the powerwanking that much. They can do their little group wank.

The shitposting about x-overs, injecting themselves in other discussions. Thats the toxic shit. Constantly crying about vampfags that think they are superior-despite the fact that never happens in the general.

There is this one dude who constantly larps as a mage or techno in the general. You can feel that he is on the spectrum and that he is that guy in his LGS.

And the one thread were magefags were well behaved was overrun by weebufags.
>>
>>54029752
Heh, yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

Are you me? Because I could've easily made this exact post, like, twelve hours ago.
>>
File: cover_wicked.jpg (219KB, 699x947px) Image search: [Google]
cover_wicked.jpg
219KB, 699x947px
So we had talk about bad art and shit. What book has the best art or at least what is everyones favourite?

I like most of the stuff that Michel Koch did. Pic related from Wicked Dead book cover
>>
>>54029773
I think there is a sizeable Minority of people that feel this way.

Someone you pointed out how autistic larping in a general is. Only then i realized how often i had shit replies like:

>Filthy leech the NWO would like to have a word with you

And it was clear that mages don't play a role in my chronic.

I often thought about opening a seperate vampire general but:

a) Werefags, Mummyfags etc. would be very welcome too.
b)Opening a thread only banning mage stuff is like painting a target on your back.
c)40k fags with their 10 million threads flooding the thread whining that we already have a general.
d) Might be too slow going. It makes sense that all WoD and CofD fags bundle their discussions because we are very niche here on /tg/. Thats hard with the mages fucking everything up.

I mean i even think CofD mage seems interesting (not as interesting as Changeling though) and i would love to read good discussions about it.

I really miss my 2 week yearly 40k flashback were it seems interesting. If you like 40k /tg/ is a paradise
>>
>>54029890

* Someone (you?) pointed out....
>>
>>54029890
I love that so many people here like Changeling. I always felt like some kind of fucking deviant because I was almost the only one in my entire state who would petition to play it in the Camarilla Society days.
>>
>>54029890
I've seriously considered proposing (b) myself, but this being 4chan, I knew it'd immediately be aloha snackbarred constantly by mage shitposting.

Unfortunately, when I considered self-segregation by surrendering the "main" thread (this one) and opening one for all other splat discussion, I foresaw just as much intentional mage shitposting there, too.

And, of course, (c) would happen almost immediately.

Man, you really might be me, after all. I do take meds that sometimes leave me falling asleep randomly and waking up to find I've typed stuff out I don't remember composing...
>>
>>54029890
>>54029934
>>54029949
...and Changeling (Lost) is my favorite game, too. Ha.
>>
>>54029934
Eh I never cared for Dreaming(but this goes for most of cwod). Lost is cool but I'm afraid I would mostly rehash my requiem plots and characters when playing it. Fluff is cool thou
>>
>>54029198
I once saw someone get banned for responding to a furfag using "on the other paw" instead of "on the other hand" with an appropriate "WTF? Are you kidding?" Said furfag eventually became a mod I believe (Red Fox).
>>
>>54029856
Montreal By Night.
>>
>>54029964
>>54029955
Lost for me as well. Dreaming, like a lot of oWoD, has a weirdly unhealthy subtext, but Lost is about recovering from delusion and trauma rather than stewing in it.

On that note though, when the fuck is C:tL 2e coming out? They were going to release it in February, then May, and then it got delayed again. Is it in development hell? I have a group that's dying to play it.
>>
>>54029985
Heh saw review of that one on fatal and friends. I guess this type of art was typical of sabbat or vtm supplements?
>>
>>54029973
While that *is* kind of a silly thing to sperg about unless the guy is *reeeeeeally* over-milking his furshit (and this being RPG.net, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case) on top of all that, actually getting banned for it? Yeah, the mod responsible can fuck off. An expression of mild distaste is not a merciless personal attack on everything that one is.
>>
>>54030023
Eh one of the things I find problematic with OPP is that they do not announce and explain shit. Look at ATYoN. Nothing...nothing....BAM comming out in two days! Thou Ctl development is troubled to say the least
>>
>>54029934
>>54029949
>>54029964
>>54030023

Well Vampire is my favorite but Changeling is really interesting. The CofD one really gets my imagination going and i liked the Wolf Among Us. The idea of otherworldly overpowered fae is really cool too.

Don't know much about the Dreaming but from what i have gathered it seems to be uncertain about what it is.

Btw i really like it that Masquerade and Requiem fags can discuss stuff peacefully and productively. Requiem has a lot of cool stuff i want to include. Giving my Anarchs a Carthian treatment for example.

Btw do you use x-over stuff? Personally the other splats are either non-existent or have a different homebrew backstory that better fits the focus of my main splat.

>>54030047
On the other paw actually is funny as fuck tbqh. Never knew RPG.net was so deep down the rabbit hole
>>
>>54030065
>Don't know much about the Dreaming
I hear CtD20 is good book so might be worht checking out even if only for some out of context Lost inspiration

>Btw do you use x-over stuff?
In my requiem chronicle there are 3 important x-over guys.

Seer of the throne fromer state sec agent who serves as police contact for the players after both him and them tangled with the russian mob

Demon who owns the city rack and works hand in hand with one of the players sire

Geist police woman that was murdered by a slasher before players managed to pull their shit together
>>
>>54030123
>CtD20
Might give it a look. M20 was a disaster i hear so i am cautious about the 20 books.

>x-over

Thats nice. I think about using a modified Risen without magic (basically intelligent zombies) that becomes entangled with Vampire politics and tries to not get smashed by the different power groups.
>>
>>54028669
>>54029198
>>54029973
>>54030047

Here's another RPG.net gem:
https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?805365-VtM-Vampire-5th-edition-pre-alpha-kit-available-for-free&p=21164634#post21164634

>"Triggered" is actually a reference to post-traumatic stress disorder, but later expanded to encompass some other things, and then got adopted by the alt-right/neo-nazis as a way to mock the left based on some of our stupider fringe using the term for literally everything that bothered them. It's astronomically unlikely that somewhat used it with that particular wording and situation and meant it in the sense of causing something to start. It's roughly equivalent to someone using the phrase "gay couple" to refer to a straight couple that's happy. It's possible, but would be one hell of a coincidence, and even if it were unintended, devs and editors should have noticed and corrected it.
>>
>>54030161
What is surprising is that C20 was done by the same guy that did Beast but is apparently good book. Thou dude also made DtD with is my favourite game of CofD so looks like the talent is there if it's moderated.
>>
What would I need to turn a werewolf back into a human? Life or Time? Spirit even?
>>
>>54030224
Well i guess the problem is that beast never had a strong creative vision (the basic idea is whack imho) and maybe he was able to inject his politics unsupervised.
>>
>>54030224
Yeah, C20 handles the matter really smoothly. I was shocked as fuck when I found out it was done by the Beast guy.
>>
>>54030268
Other than politics and presentation my big gripe is that splat antagonists are not threatening.

Compare heroes to strix, hosts, gulmoths and so on
>>
>>54030352
Yeah. And it feels edgy and forced that the enemies are heroes.

Its the exact same twist of Vampire 1ed. You are the Vamp and Hunters are evil. That shit was new in 1991.
>>
>>54030258
Werewolves were never human. They were always halfbreeds. A synthesis of human and spirit, greater than the sum of the parts. Sort of their own beast. So rather than turn back, you'd have to transform/change them into a human or separate the human part and create/fill in what's missing. I am not really adept with mages systems yet though, but you are definitely gonna want some life in there in either case. Probably spirit too. But yeah, I'm, just fumbling around here.
>>
>>54030258
Back into "human" form?
Spirit or Mind Ruling, or perhaps Life Weaving.

Back into a human-human?
Time 4, with reach option to push them back before their First Change.
Turn them into a true human? Spirit + Life 7, Practice of Excision.
>>
>>54030467
>>54030483
I honestly think its pretty hard to turn something into a human that Never was one.

The resulting human sure as fuck isn't the same being as the original werewolf.
>>
>>54030535
That doesn't mean much. The outcome will still be the same, human or not.
>>
>>54030566
Well i don't use mages in myWoD but even if would that shit wouldn't fly.

I think its retarded that one splat should be able to just transform another splat into an ordinary human.
>>
>>54030589
It's only absolute if you're an Archmaster.

If a werewolf is charging at an aware Thyrsus, I see no reason why she wouldn't be able to forcefully shift him back into a human for a short period.
>>
So I was planning on running either a vampire or mage game but I am uncertain which system I should use.
I am leaning towards mage but the rules seem a lot more complicated than vampire so I am uncertain which to choose.
I also am torn between ChofD and WoD, I have the 20th anniversary edition for the later for both games and was wondering what your advise might be.
>>
>>54030835
What kind of game do you want to play? What themes do you want to explore and what would your players want?
>>
>>54030835
As far as themes go, I want to go for a rather grim tone, a feeling that the world around them has seen better days, like the decadent remnants of a vestigial empire whose time has passed. I also would like to include intrigue and high stakes which is what drew me to the world of darkness games.
Planning on setting it in either Munich or Milan. I am more familiar with the former, but I think the later might better represent the themes I want t include.
>>
>>54030922
Any of the big three could be used for such a premise.
>>
>>54030941
Great, so which system should I use. The older settings seem more fun but I am uncertain about their systems, are they functional?
>>
>>54030997
Mechanics in cwod are kinda wonky. COfD is more streamlined
>>
>>54030835
Don't use Mage. It makes everything worse.

Just look at what these threads have become.
>>
>>54031084
Is it really that bad?
>>
>>54030835
As far as games easy to get in that do not require a lot of reading to get in CofD has Hunter. Vampire and Changeling have reasonably easy concepts and would fit your imagined setting fine. Geist has only one book and deals with death and passing on but the tone is not particulary grim
>>
>>54031210
If you really work yourself into the setting, no. You have to get the philosophical concepts and you have to do a shitton of prep. I honestly would Stick with Vampire.

>>54030922
Well i would stick with Munich. I am about to start a chronic in Cologne myself (Masquerade). I start in the death throws of the third reich where the players get embraced and the political landscape is in turmoil. If you pick a similiar timeframe you have the end of an empire in the mortal world and you could play around with some bavarian kings/nobles lamenting their loss of Independence.

My chronic is supposed to be highly political, if you like i could give you some of my stuff.
>>
>>54031293
please do share
>>
>>54031321

>Players get embraced while the allies are closing in on the rhineland

I probably have a Gangrel who as a mortal fought in the Wehrmacht, he is probably going to be embraced while deserting/retreating

A Malkavian, He is probably going to be embraced by a sire that had a shelter for mentally ill people he deemed worthy. He protected those people from Aktion T4 (the nazi killing of disabled persons).

A Brujah and a Ventrue i don't know much about (yet).

>45-50

We start with them playing as fledgelings from 45-circa 50 so they are Independent when the "Wirtschaftswunder" hits.

The fledgling years are somewhat railroaded and not sandboxy because they are an introduction to the game for the players.

-A one-on-one session about the embrace for every player.

>They start with hunting a wight that lost his humanity due to the horrors of the war and that has to be killed before the Americans have captured cologne and the Chaos stopps (and thus the masquerade is endangered). (Not sure if i am going to include this

>A vamp with a feeding restriction for orphans (kids) and the drawback gourmet. So basically a child killing vampire that has the Time of his unlife due to the war and has to be taken care of before new authorities are established that can look into this. Maybe the Vamp isn't even inherently evil and tries to do good things to negate his sins but i am not sure about this.

>They have to deal with a group of fascist anarchs using their Vamp skills against the Allied troops and refusing to accept the new Prince. If they negotiate i have a group of reoccuring right Wing anarchs i can use.

>Sabbath using the Chaos to do incursions on Cam territory with Terror packs.
>Establishing black Market contacts and helping the new Prince infiltrating the new bureaucracy (because old contacts are worthless now).

>Getting to know the key players of the city.
>>
>>54031571

50-70(?):

Now it gets much more sandboxy and the players are free to pursue politics as they wish.

>A sudden influx from Anarchs from the GDR (old Vamps gtfo of the east even sooner) because the real existing socialism proves to be VERY hostile territory for Vamps (Stasi as excellent low-level vamp hunters, totalitarian society that sees typical vamp behaviour as subversive, redistribution of wealth robbing vamps their income),

>Frictions in the Anarch movement between right-wing anarchs from weimar Republic and the third reich and the left wing anarchs pouring into the west because the GDR isn't feasible for vamps.

>Nasty political fights due to the Coal crisis and the dying of the Ruhrgebiet. Establishment is weakened and nasty political infighting in neighbouring cities.

Thats what i have so far
>>
>>54031658
Two cents: you can probably add to that older vamps that decided to bail when Hitler came to power returning and wanting to reclaim what was theirs
>>
>>54031766
Yeah a lot of them went into torpor and hiding and now come out to stir shit only to be Met by radically different powerstructures.
>>
>>54031766
My Europe is a lot more like classical Masquerades America because the two WWs served as a shaker that broke established power structures. Old elders and metusaleh act out of hiding. Sabbath and Anarchs control some cities etc.

Much more flexibel than Europe as its written in v20 and revised
>>
>>54031658
>>54031571
I run my Requiem chronicle in Poland 1990 so historical events are big part of setting and characters involved. Now I would enjoy making sort of flahsback spinoff taking place in Warsaw druing the war and shortly after. Kinda got inspired. Thanks mate
>>
Legacyfag here.
Anyone need any others updated?
>>
>>54028999

Changelings and Vamps do. Changeling Oneromachy is a thing, as is the Alucinor bloodline. There is also a Promethean Athanor that allows Temenos travel.

>>54031084

When Mages show up in any game I'm running that isn't Mage, it usually means the shit has already hit the fan and the characters don't know it yet

>>54032012

Tamers of Stone, Austere, or Dreamspeakers.
>>
File: gay.jpg (825KB, 1280x2160px) Image search: [Google]
gay.jpg
825KB, 1280x2160px
How do you lesbian Mages?
>>
>>54032159
Like mages? That happen to be lesbian?
>>
Would selene from underworld count as elder?
>>
>>54032201
Well she was turned somewhere around middle ages so age wise she would be elder
>>
File: 1457306203557s.jpg (11KB, 181x250px) Image search: [Google]
1457306203557s.jpg
11KB, 181x250px
>>54032159
In nWoD
>Free Council
>Get the specialty (Forbidden Love) for Socialize
>Rainbow Nimbus
>>
File: 1498503403925.png (786KB, 1280x757px) Image search: [Google]
1498503403925.png
786KB, 1280x757px
Whats the craziest thing your cabal has done?
>>
>>54031936
No problem i really like your setting aswell. 1990 is a great time, vampire in times of decaying socialist power strucutures and the following rapid shift to free Market Economy sounds really interesting.

War flasbacks to Warsaw sound nightmarish. You have a rampaging Wehrmacht commiting warcrimes left and right, the uprising and afterwards remnants of the polnish national Army opposed to Soviet rule.

In the 90s in my chronics the Camarillia and Sabbath quickly spread into the old Eastern bloc competing for power and fighting the remnants of the anarch societies there. Of course this quickly turns into a shitfest because the Eastern Vamps are not really inclined to be ruled by western vamps. The Western Vamps in turn see the collapse of the Eastern bloc as an easy opportunity too conquer their own domain.
>>
>>54032528
Accidentally created a temporal fracture large enough for the Prince of 100,000 Leaves to enter the Fallen World through.
We stood on that building's rooftop, and gazed out as the world shuddered and hemorrhaged around us.

Then we ran.
Oh GOD did we run.
>>
>>54032159
>>54032184
>>54032317

>magefaggotry 300%.png
>>
>>54032571
Vampire that became a mentor of sorts to one of my players lost all his human touchstones in one go back than.
1 WW ends
>Eh 'Zeke my childe Poland is free at last but years wear heavy on me. I will now go into torpor and thin my blood. Wake me up in 50 years and watch out for our fammily when I sleep.
So as you can imagine dude woke up to lern that when he was in torpor all his mortal fammily ended in death camp and his childe couldn't really help them becuase he was hauling his sires torpid body out of town.
>>
>>54032159
First you make a mage who is a girl. Then when opportunity presents itself she makes out with girls or does something gross like holding hands.

Then you start a heretical sect of the Mysterium and argue that Atlantis was always the isle of Lesbos
>>
>>54032794
Thats actually a really interesting Plot hook. An Elder wakes up in the 60s only to realize he is in a decaying bunker somwhere in the woods instead of his mansion. The communists redistributed it. His whole family he groomed for centuries has vanished.

A few years later Communist bureaucrats and German citizens trying to blend in and conceal their role after the war start disappearing...
>>
>>54032571
I see. In my game political shifts in mortal world caused power shifts among the covenants. With rise of USSR Invictus lost a lot of power(and touchstones of mulitple elders lost their heads before they could evacuate them and themselves) to the carthians who entrenched themselfs in Soviet regime. So obviously in 1980s into 90s Invictus decided to fuck back.

So in my game mortal cold war ended but vampire hot war is about to start. Obviously Poland was not part of USSR but it is also affected even if local Invictus and Carthians do not care much for it
>>
>>54032807
>Handholding
Not even the Scelesti go that far you sick fuck.
>>
>>54032937
Yup. And he took it hard. Imagine you look after your mortal descendants for 500 years and bring them relative safety and prosperity and then when things start looking up and you take short(from your pov) break...BAM YOU LOST EVERYTHING
>>
>>54032968
In my game the Eastern bloc is populated by Anarchs. The sects were pushed out by the commies because they completely smashed the old power structures and the war in the east. Only anarchs remained, doing experiments with new forms of vampiric government. They slowly entrenched themselves in the Communist establishment but never reached the level of control the camarillia did.

Once the Communist Regime established the Anarchs lost their roots and Sabbath and Camarillia started a Race to conquer territory. Now you have a three way war between Independent Anarchs, Sabbath and the Cam. This goes nicely with the rise of organized crime there. I guess the Cold war ignited a vampiric hot war.

>>54033000
And Poland isn't free but ruled from Moscow...
>>
>>54030034
only in Second Edition. The Revised Book about Mexico City was alright
>>
>>54030193
guess someone got triggered :^)
>>
>>54033120
Other then him I have 3 npcs that were turned during the war and everyone else who is not a complete neonate was affected by it.

But it got me thinking. How many partisans, jews and others in wod/cofd would be forced to squat in some vampires or other supernatural hideout. Something like that also makes a good plot hook
>>
>>54033239
You can really imagine some dark shit there.

A Vampire sheltering jews for their blood.

A Vampire helping/leading partisans because he enjoys hunting Enemy soldiers. He doesn't even care for the politics.
>>
>>54033286
While I'm mostly cofdfag I remember I enjoyed that one Wraith supplement about second world war. For WW it was tastefully done
>>
>>54033458
I might take a look. I need inspiration.My players got me cold when they wanted a WW2 chronic start instead of a modern nights one
>>
>>54032528
Summoned Batman from the Temenos to fight crime in the bad part of town so they could change the resonance and reform a region of the shadow just enough so they could access 'a place the isn't.

This caused a small convention of Adam West (RIP) impersonators to go catatonic/feral and the local guardian big wig want's their heads.

They're now building a sort of Jules Verne style spaceship because they're planning on heading to Mars to access an Iris at the peak of Olympus mons.
>>
>>54033458

There was one about the first world war and the holocaust for wraith, but I figured the most involved splat in WW2 was mages, considering that both the traditions and technocracy were split by the war, Nefandi were trying to end the world, and people went Marauder in the wake of the atrocities of the axis and russians
>>
Is caine still alive in cwod vampire?
>>
>>54034497
yes. He works as a Taxi driver in LA
>>
File: Muse_&_Toy.jpg (123KB, 577x600px) Image search: [Google]
Muse_&_Toy.jpg
123KB, 577x600px
>>54029985
The NPC art is pretty great.
>>
>>54030065
I use other splats as antagonists primarily. In my last Lost game the secondary antagonist was a Vampire trying to sell Changeling blood to the local Camarilla. He was a "small fry" in the overarching story of a freehold that had retreated from its duties and was eroding the protection of its contracts.
>>
File: wat.gif (730KB, 391x400px) Image search: [Google]
wat.gif
730KB, 391x400px
>>54030193
Wow. RPG.net actually things that White Wolf is alt-right because they're NOT PC ENOUGH. What the fuck is wrong with this world.
>>
>>54030193

I mean
He's right. What were they thinking, calling it "triggered," given the context of the word?
>>
File: Kithain.jpg (464KB, 2384x724px) Image search: [Google]
Kithain.jpg
464KB, 2384x724px
>>54030161
>Might give it a look. M20 was a disaster i hear so i am cautious about the 20 books.

C20 is definitely worth a look, and it stays faaaaaaaar away from any M20 douchebaggery and forcefeeding of the whole "gender issues and food at the gaming table is like, super important, 'kay?".
>>
>>54035346
RPG.net has had the "Everything I don't like is White Supremacist" stance for a while. I'd be hilarious if it wasn't so depressing.
>>
>>54035492
Every time I see something from them it's just some developer virtue signalling or shilling their game hard with bots. Do any of the people who post there even play tabletop games?
>>
>>54035529
Way back in the day it did. Used to have really good Actual Plays and PbPs going on.
>>
>>54034204

>holocaust

Eh not a subject i would like to roleplay about tbqg.

>>54035243
Yeah i think working relationships are hard. Most of the time its a rivalry when both sides desire the same ressources.

>>54035484
Well that makes it vastly more likely i give it a look. CofD Changeling still is much more interesting too me
>>
>>54030997
You can always do some fixing to old WoD if you like the lore. Like, for example, only the first 1 removes a success (to prevent throwing more dice being eventually bad).

You can also play Masquerade with Requiem's system, but it's gonna require more work unless you want to remove core stuff like clan Lasombra.
>>
>>54031823
Yeah, you have to do this to some degree if you want to actually play in Europe. It looks like, for some time, Europe (and other places) was just meant to be background stuff for american games.
>>
>>54035739
Europe as written doesn't even make sense tbqh.

WW1 with its static front in the west might have spared large parts of the vampire power structure but fucking WW2 should have destroyed it.

Most older Elders/Metusaleh after surviving this should be paranoid as fuck and not govern cities as Princes. Especially because the Cold War could have destroyed Europe even worse.
>>
>>54035661
Have decided to use V20 Dark ages to set a game in medieval Rome as it seems perfect for the theme of an a decaying city surrounded by the past glory of a fallen empire. I will use some house rules for that as after reading through the book it seems to encourage a certain degree of House ruling.

Do you have any general advice for running a game of vampire, i.e things to avoid, things to be aware etc.
>>
Rookie storyteller here. I'm preparing a dark ages vampire campaign and most of my players will be way more experienced than me, including my usual storyteller.

I've DM'd quite a lot, but always for more simple games based on action and adventure, with politics being secondary. My players will all be stranger newcomers, looking to establish themselves in a prosperous but underpopulated (vampire-wise) city. Vampire politics, investigating why the city lost most of it's vampiric popiulation (if they want to) and surviving turbulent historical events will be the center of the chronicle.

Is there some "must-know" advice for people like me? Should I run it sandbox and focus on whatever business the players run? Or should I give them more fixed objectives? What are good sources of inspiration for a vampire politics chronicle?
>>
>>54035600

It's actually a pretty good book. Wraiths are basically created by unfinished business, brutal/traumatic death, regret, etc. and as a result the camps were wraith/specter generators.
>>
>>54036050
So the Shadowlands are flooded with new inhabitants?

>>54036035
What Time period and which City?

>>54035946
I would say give your players Room to grow and achieve political stuff?
>>
>>54036116
>What Time period and which City?

Circa 500 AD and Zafar, capital of the kingom of Himyar (modern Yemen). The action will probably change to Sana'a after some sessions once (if) the Ethiopians conquer the country and change the capital. It's a kinda weird choice, but my players are curious and I know quite a lot about it (compared to the average guy).
>>
>>54036116

Yeah, it's in the wraith folder of the mega.

https://mega.nz/#F!cSRAhRSb!_w_CXRj14pgt8C9nP6ursw!oK5n2LYB

One of the things the book very briefly mentions, and one of the things I'd love to see a chronicle based on, is how the Ghosts of the Holocaust handle the other genocides of the 20th and 21st century.
>>
File: Onyx_tards.jpg (137KB, 625x805px) Image search: [Google]
Onyx_tards.jpg
137KB, 625x805px
Onyx Path confirmed as white supremacists
>>
>>54036538
Sounds like some people are fucking salty.

Special snowflakes will get triggered over anything just to make pretentious complaints,
>>
>>54036538
Preachy sidebar about catering to KKK identity in Promethean 3e confirmed?
>I identify as a Klankin. My pronouns are klan and klanself.
>>
>>54036413
Gonna explain it a bit better:

>>54036413

The mortal population is divided between pagans (the majority), christians (a growing group) and jews (a very influential minority). Since ~380 most monarchs have been jewish.

The place is ruled by a family of Nosferatu sorcerers posing as the local pagan gods (or more correctly the voice of the god). The same family has ruled both Yemen and Ethiopia for centuries, but they they fell to infighting when the old kingdom of Sheba got balkanized. Eventually the progenitor of the dynasty fled to Ethiopia to avoid being diablerized by his childe, who is currently the boss of the place.

The other big player is a really, really old pair of jewish brujah (sire and childe) who obviously have no love for Rome so they antagonize christians and, therefore, ethiopians (the main christian power in the region). They claim to only care about the safety of their people but they're the real power since the Nosferatu gods are paranoical cowards who prefer to not have face to face contact with the mortals.

Finally there's also a young persian Lasombra who looks for the interests of Ctesiphon's cainites. She used to have byzantine and ethiopian counterparts but the Brujah assaulted their lairs with the help of some Nosferatu younglings from the countryside who feel threatened by the christians. The brujah clamim thta they did this to help Dhu Nuwas, a local jewish warlord, to replace the current monarch who is christian/pro-christian (and therefore pro-Ethiopian). The Nosferatu "prince", though, fears for his life and has fled the city. When they arrive, the players will be asked to make him return. The reason they will be given is that he is needed to face the incoming ethiopian reprise. They won't be told that the Brujah plan to provoke another conflict that weakens both yemenite and ethiopian nosferatu, using the "prince" as a scapegoat if things get ugly.
>>
>Order book will be closest to Guide to the Traditions in terms of content.

Oh, neat.
>>
>>54037280
sounds like a good setup
>>
>>54037540
Yup, and I have a lot more. Once in power jews will massacre the christians. This will make the ethiopians attack and conquer the country (and the prince's dad will probably attempt to return). Then the ethiopian viceroy gets usurped by one of his generals who defeats the armies sent from africa against him and crowns himself as king. A fucking christian saint (a threat for vampires, even the faithful) arrives to preach and gets along well with the new king whoand is full deus vult and blinds and converts jews with miracles. The same king meets his death years later while trying to conquer Meca (in the same year that Muhammad was born!). His son rules some years but the persians conquer the place to replace him with a relative of the jewish king defeated by the ethiopians at the start. And then persians and romans start the greatest war of Late Antiquity, which ruins both. Muhammad is starting to gain followers and soon (for vampire standards) his religion will rule Arabia and far beyond.

The problem is that I don't want to just present events to my players. I want them to be protagonists, of their own story if no of History.

Should I just present them with the events and expect them to react? I would like to give them more clear objectives but I don't have experience with directing a political game and I don't know where to start. Or is making them just react and improvise what would be best?
>>
>>54037934
Wait is this real or backstory?
>>
>>54032012
>Anyone need any others updated?

Seconded for the Austere
>>
>>54038076
what concepts do your players characters have? Do you know that already or is that something that still needs to be done?
>>
>>54038697
I don't know much.

One wants to play a Danava. The strong combination of disciplines made me a bit weary first but I will be allowing it. His short term objective is to create a cultand gain power in this new land while his long term objective is to teach the western ventrue of Rome a lesson or two about ruling.

Another will be a Toreador, probably of germanic stock (suevian or visigothic) with a Roman sire. I don't know much more, but he will probably not be your stereotypically posh Toreador. Unless he gives me more info I can only deduce that he is in Arabia to support the interests of his sire's sire (a previous character by the same player) who has belongings and business in Egypt.

A third player may be playing a Setite. Maybe. If he does, well, I'm sure the clan is interested having eyes in Arabia. Also the Baali clanbook confirms they and the setiites have good relationships with the Malkavians who rule the north, so they could as well have a good relationship with the Nosferatu of the south (or be trying to).
>>
>>54038076
>>54039007

Sounds interesting, i would let the players react to events in the mortal world.
>>
>>54036538
Jesus fuck. I bet this person isn't even Jewish. That's not offensive at all, and anyone who thinks it is is probably just trying to be offended on our behalf.

t. regular kike
>>
>>54036538
One person complaining in twitter is barely an outrage.
>>
>>54039086
it's tumblr, actually
>>
>>54030800
>back

But werewolves were never human in the first place.

It's like turning a charging wolf into an iguana.
>>
>>54026707
I agree. The Free Council one, what the hell was that? And I say that as a gay man who is nominally INTO that type of thing.
>>
>>54027167
Mage: 2e Core
Vampire: 2e Core, ATYoN, SotC
Werewolf: The Core, The Pack
CofD: CofD Core.
>>
>>54039175
I think my goal if I ever play a Mage campaign will be to reach Archmastery in an attempt to turn all the things I dislike into cute lizards.
>>
>>54027418
For V20 in particular they used fans, many of whom happened to be avid LARPers. The Malkavian model is the chillest chick you'd ever meet, with a deep love of Star Wars above all things.
>>
>>54039199
Also Hurt Locker for CofD
>>
File: OH BOY.jpg (96KB, 540x337px) Image search: [Google]
OH BOY.jpg
96KB, 540x337px
>>54039207
>>
File: Madame Guil.png (189KB, 449x447px) Image search: [Google]
Madame Guil.png
189KB, 449x447px
>>54029856
I wish I knew who did the semi-photo art of many of the characters in the clanbooks, like pic related. I love these, and it was my favorite art style in NWoD 1e's core line too.
>>
>>54030301
That's more indicative of the development direction and directives, mate. DtD and C20 had good directive and arrangement. Beast did not.
>>
>>54039076
>offended on our behalf

That, right there, is the problem with most of the offended people in the world.
>>
>>54028177
>>54028203
You really get what you put in, IMO. I was in a really good Camarilla LARP in my home town when I was in high school and I fucking loved those guys. Sure there were one or two autists who came to sessions (including me), but the majority of people were not only welcoming but absolutely serious about maintaining a fun game.

Without them I'd probably have been a much more awkward roleplayer.
>>
>>54039175
>It's like turning a charging wolf into an iguana

It's like turning a charging wolf into a Komodo.

FIFY
>>
Question about the sabbat. Suppose they destroy the Camarilla, what would change (Society of the vampires and the like)? Would the sabbat try to maintain the Masquerade or not?
>>
>>54039349
I knew one of you fags was going to do this, and no, actually, it isn't, because a fucking komodo dragon is MORE dangerous than a wolf, so it completely undercuts the metaphor.

Asshole.
>>
>>54039189
>The Free Council one, what the hell was that? And I say that as a gay man who is nominally INTO that type of thing.

The Seers are unrepentant evil, and the Mysterium may be Awakened supremacists, but apparently the Free Council are *absolutely fabulous*.

>Techne: Gay S&M ???
>I don't want to know about the extra Yantras - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
>>
>>54039364
The Sabbat maintain the Masquerade loosely in their own way; there'd be cities that are more crime-ridden, like a pre-Batman Gotham or something like that, which is the most common cover for Sabbat junk.

There's a sidebar in the V20 DA book about something similar, where the Salubri survived and the Sabbat are the major vampiric power because of them. Might check that for ideas.
>>
File: mlem ;).gif (985KB, 360x203px) Image search: [Google]
mlem ;).gif
985KB, 360x203px
>>54039234
>>
>>54039207
>I think my goal if I ever play a Mage campaign will be to reach Archmastery in an attempt to turn all the things I dislike into cute lizards.

The Reptile Lords of the Illuminati thank you for your support.
>>
>>54039394

>Friendly Komodo Changing Breed ?
>>
>>54039364
How they defeat the Camarilla would probably be very important.

They would "remove" the Masquerade or at least claim to have done so, but I seriously doubt much would change. Even in sabbat controlled cities vampires are not walking the streets using blood magics and claiming to be gods.
>>
>>54039175
I don't think you get it. It doesn't matter if they're human or not. Certain Arcana would still be able of forcefully shifting them back into a previous form.

This is what you fail to grasp.
>>
>>54039457
>They would "remove" the Masquerade or at least claim to have done so, but I seriously doubt much would change.

"Meet your new undead overlords, same as the old undead overlords..."
>>
File: happy komodo.png (325KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
happy komodo.png
325KB, 500x333px
>>54039234
>>54039406
>>
>>54039515

>gilded cage

>Spongebob serves the Lie
>>
Darker Days podcast with DaveB posted today

http://podcast.darker-days.org/e/darker-days-presents-darkling-42-deviant-activities/

Apparently the Komodo Lord has not totally disappeared.
>>
>>54039583
I'm not somewhere I can listen right now, anything new said?
>>
>>54039234
>>54039515

Post not graven images of our lord and savior.
>>
>>54039615
We're not muslim mages here. Can it, Ahmud.
>>
>>54039602
>I'm not somewhere I can listen right now, anything new said?

I'm at work and also haven't listened to the podcast. However, I though others may enjoy it.
>>
File: 1453868477593.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1453868477593.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>>54039583
>>
>>54039650
I too am being a model employee.
>>
>>54039400
>but apparently the Free Council are *absolutely fabulous*.

Is this supposed to be a bad thing?
>>
>>54039641
>We're not muslim mages here. Can it, Ahmud.

Prohibitions against "graven images" is an Abrahamic religious thing, not just Muslim.
>>
>>54039663
>Model employee.
>Posting on a Chinese message board most recently famous for political frog memes while on the clock.

Come on senpai.
>>
>>54039668
>Is this supposed to be a bad thing?

What you do with your own wand is your own business.

>... so long as it doesn't involve the undead. That's just disgusting.
>>
>>54039583
>Darker Days podcast with DaveB posted today

I, too, cannot listen until later.

I'm curious if we get to hear the old fun Dave, or the new angry and bitter Dave.
>>
>>54039708
Hey, vampire strippers are for more than just coke and lawnchairs you know.
>>
>>54039400
Free Council's thing is that they use Sleeper Culture to do their magic. A Free Council member could literally be anything from a NRA Gun Nut who uses guns in as many spells as they possibly can to a Painter who paints their Imagos, to, yes, of course, a Gay Leather Daddy who uses BDSM and BDSM culture as a Yantra. Free Council also works for any sort of religious type of Mage, from Shamans to Priests and Paladins.

Free Council really only has one requirement for their members: That they use Some aspect of Sleeper culture as a Yantra. You can pick whatever you want from there though. Location often flavors this though: If you have an area with a strong LGBT/Pride movement then you are going to have lots of Free Council members who work within the trappings of that movement, using their symbols and practices to fuel their magic.

The same goes for any other area. Free Council members in The Vatican will almost certainly be using all the religion and art that is around them. A Baptist Preacher might use their fire and brimstone sermons to fuel magic.

But the biggest thing about the Techne merit though is the ability to use present sleepers as more Yantras. Huge Crowds, dedicated professionals working with you, or even students you are teaching start counting as tools for your spells.
>>
>>54039727
>vampire strippers are for more than just coke and lawnchairs you know.

I think you might be confusing them with changelings or furries..., err... werewolves.
>>
The Raptor approves of Lizard Posting. Please continue.
>>
>>54039727
>Hey, vampire strippers are for more than just coke and lawnchairs you know.

Has anyone made any art for the "snorting magic coke off the ass of a vampire stripper" meme?
>>
>>54039723
Bad news guys.

Dave reports OPP is kill.
>>
>>54039754

Yes, everyone knows the basic tenets of the Free Council.

However, was the S&M gay pride parade really the best example art for the Order? Out of all the potential Sleeper cultural references, someone decided this was the most iconic for the corebook?
>>
>>54039773
>The Raptor approves of Lizard Posting. Please continue.

Dave, is that you?

>>54039804
>Bad news guys.
>Dave reports OPP is kill.

Explain?
>>
>>54039818
Would you rather it be a klan rally?
>>
File: nom.jpg (18KB, 670x440px) Image search: [Google]
nom.jpg
18KB, 670x440px
>>54039773
>>
>>54039773
Implying Dave isn't already the iron seal of mage supremacy.
>>
>>54039763
>vampire strippers are for more than just coke and lawnchairs you know.
>I think you might be confusing them with changelings or furries..., err... werewolves.

Werewolf bestiality is only marginally better than vampiric necrophilia. I'm still undecided on changeling fetishes.

>Find a nice sleepwalker girl and settle down. It will make your mother happy,
>>
>>54039835
>Would you rather it be a klan rally?

I refuse to believe the only choices for potential Free Council sleeper cultural references are "gay S&M" and "KKK."
>>
>>54039851
One of Dave's Ochemata is likely at the forefront of Mage shitposting
>>
>>54039818
The silver ladder got a catholic orphanage give it a pass
Not everyone feels as uncomfortable with the gay as you
>>
>>54039881
Girl scouts selling cookies then.
>>
Is a mage's nimbus flare real?

Say my nimbus flare is me being engulfed in white hot flame that boosts presence/resolve and penalizes subterfuge.

Could another mage use a Forces 2 spell to channel the fire like a flamethrower?
>>
>>54039854

what are you some kind of homosplatual?
>>
How the fuck does the Cappadocian clan weakness work? I mean, you look like a fucking corpse yet you only get a -2 to social rolls? It should be like the Nosferatu clan weakness and make every mortal fucking run away.
>>
>>54040248
Not all clan weaknesses are created equal, mate. That's honestly how the Nos one should worki nstead of Appearance 0, which is totally a Not-Weakness.
>>
>>54040291
>Nos one should worki nstead of Appearance 0
I thought their clan weakness was that you had to put points into Mask of a Thousand Faces.
>>
>>54040291
Yes, but from the info and the picture in DA20 I infer that the cappadocian clan is kinda a not-weakness both mechanically and roleplaying wise. I mean, look at the lady, she barely looks dead at all. You tell me she's a normal slender woman in her late 40s and I would believe it. Not to mention sentences like "among mortals, they wear veils or hoods". If a corpse comes to me with a fucking hood I'm gonna run away and he doesn't get +2 to social rolls, he fails them automatically.
>>
>>54040345
It kinda is, sheet-wise appearance 0 is not that much but the weakness has clear complications roleplaying-wise.
>>
>>54040416
Except with Mask, the Appearance 0 is useless unless the Nos is using a power that uses Apperance in the dice pool.
>>
>>54040248
How corpsey are we talking? I've seen some mall goths and methheads that look pretty corpsey and somehow get through life okay.
>>
>>54040473
>Due to their inherent clan weakness, all Cappadocians have a corpse-like complexion, resembling death.
So pale, gaunt, a little creepy looking.
I've seen these people in Wal Mart before, -2 to social rolls seems about right.
>>
>>54040458
You still have to spend points to have the mask.

>>54040473
I seriously doubt Cappadocians look like goths, since that's the normal look in the WoD for everyone. Specially vampires.
>>
>>54040097
No, your Nimbus is essentially a hallucination.
>>
https://affectivedisorder.deviantart.com/art/VTMTES-Giovanni-or-Cappadocian-530609551
Not many pictures out there for the clan. Everything is lame cosplay or someone's super special second life OC.
>>
>>54040097
A Mage's Nimbus is a phenomena that falls under Prime. Fucking with a Nimbus is always Prime, never any other Sphere.

As such, its only as real as other purely Supernal phenomena
>>
Best Mage Path is what?
>>
>>54039364
Yes i think so. The Sabbath probably would start vicious infighting as sone as the Cam is gone. Either they start some huge project to enslave humanity or the Sabbath disolves into packs and cities fighting for superiority. The Cam would work without the Sabbath but not vice versa.
>>
File: acanthus.jpg (243KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
acanthus.jpg
243KB, 768x1024px
>>54041109
You know it
>>
>>54040171
>what are you some kind of homosplatual?

No, but I draw the line in intersplat marriage.
>>
File: Mastigos.jpg (85KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Mastigos.jpg
85KB, 600x450px
>>54041123
Nope
>>
>>54041109

usually i take dynamic or questing
>>
File: 1497219549397.jpg (752KB, 1152x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1497219549397.jpg
752KB, 1152x1600px
Which Mage path?
>>
File: Obrimos.jpg (96KB, 540x587px) Image search: [Google]
Obrimos.jpg
96KB, 540x587px
>>54041206
Obrimos
>>
File: moros.jpg (84KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
moros.jpg
84KB, 800x533px
>>54041206
Moros. She has nowhere on that dress to keep that gun hidden at wherever she went to that warranted looking all nice and summery, ergo she conjured it out of thin air.

Or Mastigos, but did it via co-locating it from her apartment or something.
>>
File: 07 - YpEfVJx.jpg (134KB, 719x1024px) Image search: [Google]
07 - YpEfVJx.jpg
134KB, 719x1024px
>>54041206
Literally any.
>>
>>54039932
>The silver ladder got a catholic orphanage give it a pass

And that art was also ridiculous. Like the Free Council art, was that the really best representation of the Silver Ladder?

As for the gay Free Council art, I could care less as to gay as a topic by itself, but still feel it was a lousy choice for the one FC picture. Moreover, it's not like gays rare in WW books or particularly shocking. Heck, the percentage of gay npcs well outstrip their percentage of the population. It's so prevalent in Requiem, for instance, one could make the mistake that homosexuality is a prerequisite for or a side effect of vampirism.
>>
>>54040044
>Girl scouts selling cookies then.

Prince of 100,000 Thin Mints
>>
File: Thyrsus.jpg (70KB, 319x612px) Image search: [Google]
Thyrsus.jpg
70KB, 319x612px
>>54041227
>clearly a thyrsus
>>
File: 12 - IN68cFr.jpg (96KB, 411x745px) Image search: [Google]
12 - IN68cFr.jpg
96KB, 411x745px
>>54041240
He might be.
But the chick could be any Path.
>>
>>54041239
>Prince of 100,000 Thin Mints

Mmmm... Thin Mints

If that's the Abyss, Scelesti here I come!
>>
>>54041239
>>54041270

Are they wafer thin?
>>
>>54040399
during the Dark Ages, being unnatural pale was seen as a sign of heresy. So it makes sense to be a weakness during that period (good that there are no Capps in the Modern Nights)
>>
>>54041291
>Are they wafer thin?

And minty!

http://www.girlscouts.org/en/cookies/all-about-cookies/Meet-the-Cookies.html

>taste even better than souls
>>
>>54041291
I can't not post it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxRnenQYG7I
>>
>>54041139
But Intersplat Marriage is cute
>>
>>54041416
How many dots in Life would be required to cause a person to blow up like that?
>>
File: Maui.png (1MB, 1309x597px) Image search: [Google]
Maui.png
1MB, 1309x597px
How would you stat Maui in the WoD? New or old.
>>
>>54041496
I wouldn't. He's obviously a Lunar Exalt
>>
>>54039583
>Darker Days podcast with DaveB posted today

I'm unfortunately still at work.

Can anyone report on Dave's interview?
>>
>>54041524
Very little we didn't already know.
Other than that DaveB is a tyranid player.
And that Tome of the Pentacle is on the Pentacle itself and inter-consilium Politics, rather than just distributing chapters to Orders.

He also mentioned the Tremere as a main faction worthy of an Order Book all to themselves. So hopefully we'll get some more info and focus on My Little Soul-Eaters sooner rather than later.

>>54032104
>>54038157
Version 1.20
Here's the Austere.
A bit too "Adeptus Mechanicus" for my liking.
They have a good thing going for them, then they shit it up with needless bloodshed.
I do wonder if the Guardians do sanction any of their operations though.
They do really seem to be the kind of Left-Handed group that they could potentially get along with.

>>54041496
Extremely powerful Sleepwalker, with an Artifact Fish-hook, who basically stole an Ochemata in a period before the Ascension War, probably "when the world was new".
>>
>>54041666
>DaveB is a tyranid player.

THE BASTARD
>>
>>54041666
>And that Tome of the Pentacle is on the Pentacle itself and inter-consilium Politics, rather than just distributing chapters to Orders.

Has writing actually begun on TotP?

Also, any word on when we might see Signs of Sorcery?
>>
Do promethean age?
>>
>>54041666
Are there any good legacies for and Adamantine Arrow Thyrsus?
>>
>>54041914
No, a Prommie doesn't age. They are effectively immortal till they complete the New Dawn
>>
>>54032937
Oh I love that. Our current chronicle has had a peripheral thread going with a group of russian mobsters who are puppets of the local carthian movement which is itself run as a russian mob organization with lots of ties to the old country, with a shadowy group of oligarchs at it's head.

Now I take it and make said oligarchs and many of the movers and shakers in the movement those involved in the revolution that fucked over the elder and left him in the muck.

After they wrap up what they are currently doing, the city's balance of power is going to be shattered, from pure invictus dominance to a coalition of the Russian Carthians, Lancea et Sanctum, and Ordo Dracul (with the players being tightly involved with the latter two), well, maybe, you know how chronicles can go with the vagaries of PC weirdness. They already annihilated the Circle of the Crone faction to the last member, using werewolves from the wilds outside the city and bungled negotiation resulting in actions leading to an Invictus Pogrom within the city.

I fucking love this game.
>>
Which splats have an 'oh shit' and/or 'super saiyen' mode?

Vampire-Frenzy
Werewolf-Garou
Mage-I don't think they got one
Promethean-?
Changeling-Embrace the wyrd
Hunter-?
Geist-??
Mummy-??
Demon-Going loud
>>
>>54039854
Changelings are best lovers.

Most variety of form and function, literally feed off of passion, contracts to literally know and magnify and even give you new fetishes

Minor con: Literally have a "how crazy are you" integrity meter.

>captcha: Call LONDON
IT KNOWS
>>
>>54042026
How'd they convince the woofs to get involved?
>>
DaveB was at the UK Games expo? Damn i didnt go this year.
>>
>>54035484
Why do so many have to look like drag queens?
>>
>>54042058
You wouldn't have been able to pierce his veiling spell.
>>
>>54042063
>Why do so many have to look like drag queens?

Have you been paying attention to WW for the last 25 years?
>>
>>54041731
Very little information on the former other than that the 1e Order books are all still pretty much Canon. However I remember him saying elsewhere that massive sections of the Free Council (and IIRC some of the Guardian) book will have to be re-written as they are based on the now defunct Vulgar/Subtle divide.

Nothing has been said about the TotP other than a very short discussion on its rough conceptual outline.

>>54041924
Depends, what Arcanum do you want to get?

>>54042030
Mages can spend a lot of Willpower points to unsafely relinquish spell after spell to establish lots of protection in very obvious ways.
>>
>>54042030
Mummies being woken suddenly counts. Normally a cult raises you with purpose and you get to work. You start super powerful but unless the cult is under direct attack you probably won't be at max sekhem for an immediate throwdown with gods and monsters and armies.

If someone breaks into your tomb or disturbs your remains you immediately wake up without the usual wait time on a rez, and go on an angry rampage till the sanctity of your resting place is restored.
>>
File: 6524-iguana.jpg (170KB, 837x1200px) Image search: [Google]
6524-iguana.jpg
170KB, 837x1200px
>>54042072
>You wouldn't have been able to pierce his veiling spell.
>>
>>54040248
Like a 98 year old on life support except ambulatory

>>54041139
>Same-splat marriage
Degenerate.

>>54041206
Primordial or Pattern

>>54041924
Fallen Pillar

>>54042063
Because changelings in general have garish colors everywhere.
>>
>>54039199
Thank you!
>>
>>54042030
Now I'm thinking about creating a Legacy with an Oh Shit mode as an attainment
>>
>>54042113
>Depends, what Arcanum do you want to get?

I was thinking either Fate or Forces would be appropriate. My character's niche in the cabal is the muscle/medic.
>>
>>54042155
>Fallen Pillar
Possibly not a smart move, that doubles down on Life.
Also the Fallen Pillar are insane.
>>
>>54042175
Illuminated Path, or the Solidarity of the Tor provide those two Arcana for your Path.
>>
File: ANGRY BIRDS.png (210KB, 468x324px) Image search: [Google]
ANGRY BIRDS.png
210KB, 468x324px
>>54041227
Well at least someone appreciates the Strix

>>54042190
You get prime tho
>>
>>54042220
>You get prime tho
No, you don't.
Their Primary Arcanum is Life.
Say so right there in the writeup.
>>
>>54042113
>Mages can spend a lot of Willpower points to unsafely relinquish spell after spell to establish lots of protection in very obvious ways.

This reminds me. The example spells under Life 3/Mind 3 'Honing the Form' & 'Augment the Mind'.

The reach effect which divides the potency among multiple attributes seems to encourage gaming the system.

Why would I take a hit to the dice pool when I could say buff my strength for full potency for a scene, relinquish unsafely, recoup the willpower with a Life/Mind spell, cast the same spell again that buffs my dexterity for full potency, ad nauseam?

Am I missing something here?
>>
>>54039226
Are Blood and Smoke: The Strix Chronicle and the God Machine core book 2E or are they sort of 1.5E?
>>
How do you guys determine how long someone can run before getting tired?
>>
>>54042251

Wait, you don't give the conjunctional arcanum if someone already has the primary?
>>
>>54042302
Requiem 2e is just rebranded B&S. CoD core is the GMC stuff with a couple of tweaks.
>>
>>54042342
No, you get the primary again.
Which does nothing other than give you a 1 Arcane Experience rebate whenever you take another dot in it.

>>54042333
Roll Athletics + Stamina, whoever gets the best result, wins.
>>
>>54042342
RAW? Nope. A common house rule I've seen is to give a legacy's optional arcana as Ruling.
>>
>>54042030
Mummies start off as Saiyans

Mages are constantly depicted as such, more so when they're prepared.
Archmages being the most Saiyan of all the splats.
>>
>>54042301
Because that lasts for a single Scene, pings Peripheral Mage Sight like crazy, still doesn't break the 5-dot cap (or costs mundo Reach to do so), takes a lot of action economy if done in combat and leaves a lot of your residual nimbus all over the place.

Meanwhile if you want to relinquish Safely, you'd probably rather cast one exceedingly powerful spell, and spend 1 Experience rebuying the dot, rather than rebuy a whole load of dots with weaker spells.
>>
>>54042302
God Machine Core Book is the 2e Blue Book, basically the core of the system without much frills

Blood and Smoke is the 2e of Vampire the Requiem
>>
>>54042301
Your not missing anything.

It comes down to how much time you have to prepare. If you need extra ritual casting time dice to get the potency you need then you might not have the time
>>
>>54042030

Promethean: Torment
Hunter: Bleeding Out
>>
>>54039345
We ran a werewolf LARP for a couple of friends - one was becoming a pretty lost shut in after losing his wife and only sister to suicide in a brutally short period of time, and another who needed some exercise and fresh air to recover from the big C - it seems trivial, and desu it was completely out of character for all of u s, but it really hit the spot, I think for all of us.

No gay costumes, no bothering the public - we had 25 acres of private land, including an abandoned/unfinished neighborhood, to get as fucking goofy and weird as we wanted (call it white privilege, cept the white dudes were the poorfags, the rich one who inherited all the land was a chinaman, and the ones whose dad was the speculator who had started the neighborhood development and then decided to call it quits were first nations injuns). It was great fun, beat the fucking shit out of poker night.

Don't hate the shit blindly, just hate the ones who make it look gay - there's a lot of good potential in LARP. Focus on the game rather than on the vanity/preening shit, and have fun. Trust me, it is a blast.
>>
>>54042476
Guy musta been a asshole if his wife and sister commited suicide to get away from him.
>>
>>54036538
It's alright to be offended by something. It's alright to express that you are offended. It's not alright to expect people to pussyfoot around you so that they don't hurt your feelings. Be a fucking grown-up.
>>
>>54039349
Well, if you take one who was raised human for most of its life, who thinks human for all intents and purposes, and fix it (i.e. make it human), then it should be just fine.

Werewolves ARE part human after all, they are bred from human stock and depend on human parentage. If through proper use of science (genetic analysis) and magic (Life/Mind/Matter/Spirit) you remove the sickness (the spirit aspect) and say splice on the genes and soul structure of a human, you should then have a proper, rightly functioning human being. Fixed. Instead of a spiritually and genetically tainted lycanthrope. It's elementary. Some might have to be sacrificed to perfect the technique, but progress demands sacrifice. In the end it will be worthwhile, should one of your family be impregnated by one of these abominations. The purity of the human race and your own bloodline is worth it.
>>
>>54042030
Hunters have Risking Willpower, Beasts can summon their Lair/merge with their Horror, and Prometheans have Torment.
>>
>>54039400
The Seers are good people. Great property values in their neighborhoods, low crime rates, gotta love em.
>>
File: GokuvsCoola.jpg (79KB, 713x395px) Image search: [Google]
GokuvsCoola.jpg
79KB, 713x395px
How do I build a starting Mage in 2e Awakening who is under the delusion he's an Exalt? That is, who plays like one.

I want to punch people in the face and laugh off shotgun wounds. Pic mostly unrelated
>>
>>54042582
>The Seers are good people. Great property values in their neighborhoods, low crime rates, gotta love em.

>Eyes Wide Shut
>>
>>54042590

Life for enhanced strength/healing

>>54042600

Oh and the parties are amazing too. Thanks for reminding me.
>>
>>54042637
>>
>>54042590
Adamantine Arrow Obrimos of the Perfected Adepts (aspiring).
Life 3, Forces 2, Prime 1.

Take Honing the Form (Life 3), Kinetic Blow (Forces 2), and Kinetic Shield (Forces 2) (homebrew spell) as Rotes.

Use the first one 3 times and the last one once to enhance your physical attributes, and provide protection against Kinetic damage. Then pull out the second when combat's going to start, so you can punch people with tremendous force.
>>
>>54042590
There isn't really a good way to do that without being a Powerful As Fuck Mage. Prime works good for Glorious Solar (Object) charm imitations, as you can fluff your Platonic Form as "Pulling things out of Elsewhere". Obviously your Anima Banner would be your Nimbus, and I'd recommend grabbing dots in the merit that increases your Nimbus's power

Mind would be good for mimicking social charms, especially Personas.

Be warned though, you are gonna eat a lot of paradox or have your spell potency tanked by going Glorious Solar Mode. I'd recommend being a "Night Caste" just so you don't end up killing yourself immediately when you try and Magic
>>
>>54039457
The Sabbat as written was always just stupid. The whole "they oppose the Masquerade" never had any legs and never should have been a part of it. Differing views on the relationship between mortals and vampires, a different type of masquerade, hell yeah, but not this "hurr durr the Sabbat is all let's abolish the Masquerade entirely and be these heavy metal dumbasses"
>>
>>54041206
A mage would be smart enough to have better footwear. Clearly a sleeper.
>>
>>54042057
The players, through a geist ally managed to form an alliance with a spirit that despised the totem of one of the larger packs. It offered them information they could use if they brought strife to said pack and their totem. It was kind of a side mission that was optional because I had another route for them to get the information, but players being players...

They really brought the strife. They did not get along well with the Crone witches (did I mention that three of them were Lancea Et Sanctum in some way shape or form and the other three Ordo Dracul).

They started trying to "make amends" with the crones, and after a few errands, with contact mostly through ghouls, and lower ranking members, they finally managed to get dragged to meet with the circle, at least the circle that the leadership wanted them to see. The meeting ended up sending them on another mission, against the Lance, to test them.

At that point a double game of cat and mouse began. Reuben, a lance gangrel who specialized in espionage, split from the party, and with his ghouled pets began following the witches at the meeting and spying on them. Meanwhile the party assumed (correctly) that the witches had someone spying on them in addition to the two crone vamps who were tagging along to make sure there were no tricks. So as they were moving to capture the special shipment (believed to be an Elder), they were trying to find the hidden watcher, while trying to figure out ways to alert the Lance.

Reuben during his session managed to figure out who one of the three ruling witches in the coven was, some other important coven information like ritual places, and most importantly for what was to happen, who her lover was. He then just for fun decided to take on his unnatural aspect and tear said lover and her ghoul bodyguards apart once they were isolated. He heroically resisted feeding and made it look extra werewolfy, as well, the plan was shaping up. (to be continued)
>>
>>54044562
In the main players' session, they had no luck finding their shadow. Things happened quick and the Lance shipment was at hand. Fairly well guarded, but there were 6 of them (4 of the party, 2 Crones) plus the spies (1 crone, and 1 PC looking for said crone), and then Reuben off doing what went on in his session, or waiting at their safe house.

They chose to go through with the robbery, and figure something out from there. The PCs managed to steer vehicle into an abandoned warehouse, so they could control the area better, and then started slaughtering the guards, and seemingly enjoying it (no humanity was lost, they were not nice people). In the chaos, some fire broke out, and as things got more and more cramped, the player's counterspy managed to catch his prey. Then they turned on the crones. It was quick and brutal, for the two who had been fighting them, but the spy was old, and powerful, and more interested in running than fighting, so taking her down was a mad chase through the city with a lot of blood and willpower being spent, but in the end, the three pursuers caught and staked her, and the remaining three gave one of the other two her final death, and brought the other (staked) and the cargo (yes, it was an elder, they were gonna have some 'splainin to do).

At the headquarters it turned out there wasn't exactly a plan, so the players argued and freaked out for a while. They were really freaked out by the spy, overestimating her strength, hence keeping the second one, so they argued over and over which one they would use, before they even figured out what they would actually do. In the end, the ventrue mindfucker and daeva social monsters went to work. They started on the spy figuring she might be too strong but it was worth a try - and it worked damn well. Then the second one, because well, matching stories are more believable. They were thorough too, I was impressed.
>>
>>54044761
I keep wanting to say "we" in the place of the player characters, forgive me if I do, it's just a reflex of typing up play stories, I seldom do as a storyteller.

They told a wonderful story of a double betrayal. You see, the PC Vampires, they actually did betray the Lance, they did attack and steal the coffin. But then they betrayed the crones! They turned on them! And worse, they have a small pack of bloodbound werewolves as allies. 5 from what the spy took from one she caught alone and unprepared.

They then sent the second one home, having her forget the hideout, with the basic story telling them the spy was following them and would be back soon with more info. The spy followed later with the location, detailed scouting of where they were hiding, preparing to flee the city at sunrise, and instructions that their encampment would need to be hit immediately, with the full wrath of the circle.

They made sure to send her back giving them just enough time to stage a massive strike in the early morning hours, with enough time to return home. The dice really favored them throughout, and as it turned out, the site the crone assault was directed happened to be the current pack camp of a pretty huge band of pretty unfriendly wolves - who coincidentally also were alerted to the impending attack by a little birdie sent by a friendly gangrel, along with directions to the lair of the crones.

Whose totem just happened to have pissed off a spirit who had information the players needed.

The wolves and totem got their strife, but in the end, the crones were no match. Most were dead, the rest being hunted aggressively to their ends. Maybe if they had time to really prepare some nasty cruac rituals, but ah well!

So a side quest for information from a sleazy spirit ended up creating a massive one night war that virtually obliterated the crones power structure.
Thread posts: 347
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.