[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would a "realistic" superhero setting look like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 301
Thread images: 41

How would a "realistic" superhero setting look like? I don't think they would wear funny costumes like spiderman.
>>
>>54024257
>Superheroes
>Realistic
Get the fuck out of here, people like you ruined the comics.
>>
>>54024294
>Realistic
>Superheroes
It wouldn't look like anything because it doesn't exist.

If you mean edgy 90s tacticool shit, or stuff like The Boys, then you have examples of that already.
>>
File: iraq44aa.jpg (60KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
iraq44aa.jpg
60KB, 700x525px
>>54024257
>>
File: That's a stupid question.jpg (73KB, 709x530px) Image search: [Google]
That's a stupid question.jpg
73KB, 709x530px
>>
OP, they're mocking you because you need to be more specific, we're all autists here.

Do you want a setting with superpowers, but otherwise realistic? Do you want a setting with super heroes (not necessarily super powers) but otherwise realistic?

Is this for a M&M game, or should you be asking /co/?
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 700x525px
>HOI GUISE WOT IF SUPER HEWOS WERE LIKE WEELISTICK

tumblr is that way.
>>
File: IMG_0459.png (20KB, 734x428px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0459.png
20KB, 734x428px
>>54024257
Pic related is what you are looking for.
>>
File: 1480091253036.jpg (27KB, 480x259px) Image search: [Google]
1480091253036.jpg
27KB, 480x259px
>>54024294
>>54024312
>>54024514
>>54024547
>>
File: watchmen1.jpg (89KB, 640x356px) Image search: [Google]
watchmen1.jpg
89KB, 640x356px
>>54024257
>>
>>54024490
There are superpowers, but otherwise realistic. And yes it is for M&M.
>>
This is a real life vigilante. No spandex involved.
>>
>>54024559
Would it really be automatically dark?
>>
File: Superman.jpg (58KB, 510x719px) Image search: [Google]
Superman.jpg
58KB, 510x719px
>>54024559
Unironically lowered the quality of DC after it was released. Every comic afterward had to be grim and dark and not hopeful or optimistic at all. it's only with Rebirth that things have gotten a bit more positive.
>>
Season 1 of Heroes is a good example of a low-camp, down to earth style supers plot.

The rest of the series is garbage though.
>>
>>54024257
well you know what, I WOULD wear a funny costume just to spite fags like you who think every superhero should go around in jeans and an ironic t-shirt while throwing cars at their nemeses and jumping over the local post office to get to work every day
>>
>>54024578
So, is vigilantism allowed? Do you want to run a slice of life game where Greg can peer into the gap between dimensions to sort mail for the office, and Lena really doesn't have a good use for super strength as a barber?

Are your players normal people, super powered people, vigilantes, super heroes, police, soldiers, contractors, or some combination there of? There's about a million pieces of fiction on the internet covering most combinations you could name.

To answer these questions, you need to look at the type of game you want to run, and build a setting which suits it. Once you're working on the setting to match your game, you need to determine how and why some people shoot lasers out their asses.
>>
>>54024257
>I don't think they would wear funny costumes like spiderman.
>>
>>54024640
Season 1 is pretty bad too, at least if you take it as a whole. The earlier episodes were awkward and poorly paced.
>>
File: Alphas.jpg (115KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Alphas.jpg
115KB, 960x540px
Alphas was an okay stab at realistic Xmen. None of the powers were at insane levels and no one wore costumes.

Not great, but worth a watch if that's a thing you're interested in.
>>
>>54024294
>"imagine.."
>"NO"
>>
>>54024257
Some would, some wouldn't. Spiderman's reasons for wearing his costume are rather sensible.

I would say you could make most superhero settings more realistic by simply having the government give anyone with superpowers a monthly stripend in exchange for not doing crime, with penalties for collateral damage done while crimefighting, and bonuses for doing more direct jobs for them.
>>
>>54024257
>I don't think they would wear funny costumes like spiderman.
I think they might.

Making yourself unrecognizeable makes sense, so you can lead a double life where one is almost normal, and so you can protect your loved ones.

The costume doesn't have to be funny for that though, just a mask.

But image is important and people are swayed by superficial looks, so if the superhero is brightly colored it probably helps to get people on his side.

I guess you can either go for fear or love there with the design.
>>
>>54024257

Tiger and Bunny, essentially.

Take the premise of Xmen, but people see the whole 'they will be fucking terrified of mutants' thing coming a mile away and launch a massive cultural campaign to change the public perspective of powered people towards being Heroes.

Professional Heroes present a good public face for powered people via reality television crimefighting shows, where every 'season' the heroes earn points by apprehending criminals and rescuing people.

Having powers doesn't always lend you to crime fighting, because most people don't get "immune to bullets" for free just because they can control win or whatever. So everyone wears gadget-laden armor on top of their powers that synergizes with their abilities. For example, one guy can produce fire on command. You know what power he didn't get? Immunity to fire. So his suit protects him from that, and other stuff.

Only the strong and flashy powers make it on TV, but strong and flash often means collateral damage. Which someone has to pay for, and the hero is technically liable for all of that. So ever hero has multiple corporate sponsors that cover their damages and pay for their gear, in return for free advertising plastered all over their super-suit.

That's right, every hero is Captain Amazing from Mystery Men.
>>
Wildcards sorta does it. Mostly focused in the psychological consequences, supers getting caught up in geopolitics, and weird fucking sex scenes because this shit is edited by GRRM.
>>
>>54024807
>a monthly stripend in exchange for not doing crime
>Lots of people try to claim to have super powers to try to scam the system
>Government agency is set up to determine what is and is not a real superpower
>Some folks with actual super powers get rejected on technicalities, because they were not able to perform for the agency, or not meeting some supposed minimum threat threshold
>Some of these rejects DO turn out to be a credible threat, but their powers are all stupid and wonky (like, making people allergic to longhaired cats, really good luck that only kicks in right before they would suffer serious bodily harm, and being able to throw articles of clothing with pinpoint precision)
>PCs are normie special forces tasked with subduing the rejects when they start to cause a problem
>>
>>54024806
Go to bed John Lennon, you're dead.
>>
>>54024547
Worm is not realistic in the slightest.
>>
>>54024559
OP said realistic.
>>
>>54024257
I think the Marvel Cinematic Universe is the nearest we've gotten. I'm talking about the Disney produced one, fuck the Fox one except for LOGAN and LEGION and DEADPOOL.
>>54024724 my mutant friend

I think the Rules for the Marvel Cinematic Universe are:
>Everyone Ages, even superheroes retire but there is always someone ready to step in
>The Past is the Same as the real world but with extra participants
>Private Funding and Government Approval doesn't last forever
>Alien Invasions led by a Norse God of Trickery can drive property values down
>>
>>54024927
Except all it takes for that to fall through is a few actual psychics or people with the ability to detect when people are lying.

Even if you're just relying on basic beuracrats who only work ofd of the obvious, it's still going to fulfill the goal of getting Mr. Explosive punches to not rob banks and just sit around in a nice townhouse instead. The person with powers subtle enough that they can't be demonstrated is either going to be a non-threat crime-wise, or is going to use their powers to rob something, which proves they work, which means now they qualify.
>>
>>54024807
>>54024845
Well, was a bad example. Wanted to write "I don't think they would wear capes" but changed it because of the picture.
>>
>>54024927
That is one Based idea right there.
I will remember this one
>>
>>54024997
Those are fair points, but you are assuming a competent government agency and not one that is in a comedy game, when it pretty clearly was by the time I got to "Make people allergic to cats" as a power.

If you really need a good excuse for why the bureaucracy doesn't work just assume the bill got poison pilled in congress by people who were against the concept of "paying people to not break the law".
>>
>>54024944

Worm's a reconstruction, basically going, "The world needs to have"

>Costumes
>Teams
>Reed Richards is Useless
>Giant Monster Attacks
>Everyone has a goddamn tragic Backstory
>Bad Guys outnumber Good Guys 5:1 or so
>Revolving Door Jails
>Bad guys aren't killed
>Supers aren't unmasked and pursued in civilian mode
>Joker Expy

And then building that, trying to make sense of it backwards.

A realistic superhero setting goes if A then B.

Worm states what B is and shows values for A in which B is true
>>
>>54024257
Maybe cults? Church of Superman and the like.
>>
>>54024771
It doesn't even compare to S2+ though.
>>
>>54025079
Fair enough. The main goal of the striped thing is to allow for a realistic game that doesn't go into weird grimdark territory where you'd get x-men style us vs. them mentality, which doesn't lend itself as well to costumed vigilantes.

State-funded superheroes is the easiest way to justify relative stability.
>>
>>54024257
I think they would wear uniforms so that law enforcement and civilians could tell they were heroes.
>>
>>54024807
>need to be paid a stipend to not commit crimes
I'd find that incredibly patronizing and would reject the offer.
>>
File: IMG_0178.jpg (189KB, 1019x784px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0178.jpg
189KB, 1019x784px
>>54024547
Any kind of world is realistic when Everything has already been meticulously planned out by space whales that are throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks and later psudo-enforced by the interdimensional illuminati's 'i win' girl.
>>
>>54024257
If you mean a world full of superhumanly powerful people, then they'd just take over. Not all at once, but eventually we'd end up with basically a new feudal system with meta-humans filling the role of the aristocracy and normies as the surfs and peasants.

Are you familiar with the gist of 'Injustice gods among us'? If not; Superman decides that with great power comes great responsibility, and since he has all the powers he should also have all the responsibility, and promptly takes over the world to put a permanent end to wars, tyranny, and such.

In the story-line this is triggered by a traumatic event (The Joker kills Lois Lane, her unborn baby, and nuke Metropolis), and Superman's plan is resisted by some other capes, but it could just as easily happened by Supes just realising that, by inaction, he's responsible for all the wars, oppressive governments, acts of genocide, and all the other stuff that only exists in the real world because there's no big, blue, man in tiny, red, underpants who can swoop in and stop them by pulling limitless super-powers out of his Kryptonian bunghole.

Also, rather than just Batman and chums opposing him for philosophical reasons, there would more likely have been other groups of capes trying to take over the world 'for its own good' and run it in the way *they* think it should be run. This would inevitably escalate into a super-powered world war, with different groups of supers carving up the globe into their own territories.

If super-humans have always existed in this 'realistic' world of yours, then they'd simply have always been the god-king rulers of humans: If they're supposed to have been a recent occurrence (some comics depict them has having emerged just around/slightly before WWII, contemporaneously with super-hero comics in the real world), then it probably wouldn't take too long before some of them (especially the more powerful ones) followed the same logic as Injustice-Superman, and took over the shop.
>>
>>54025677
Cond.

Either way; if you have a significant minority of the population who are so physically powerful that even a large, organised, group of well-armed humans can't bring one of them to heel, then they will inevitably take over sooner or later.

On the other hand; if they're not so very powerful, then they'd probably just end up being folded into special units in the military / police. Those who just want to live a normal life would likely be heavily monitored by the government.

Whatever the case, the comic book world of masked vigilanties punching men in tights to solve all of society's problems is simply pure fantasy.
>>
The answer is Grrl Power.
>>
>>54025677
It's spelled "serfs".
>>
>>54025517
Well, good for you, but some people might be more tempted to use their abilities to make a quick buck. Plus that's why the other incentives are there.

But, say you suddenly find yourself with the powers of the Human Torch. Whqt do you do after slamming the door in the government representitive's face upon their offer of money?
>>
>>54025855
Whoops.

Well, now I just feel silly.
At least I know for another time.
>>
>>54025666
man FUCK worm.

I mean I love it, but like it has some really trash parts to it
>>
>>54024776
I'm legit so happy it didn't get a third season. I can't honestly see the S2 ending turning into anything good, it just opens the door for more bullshit. 2 seasons and it's gone fulfills me in ways I can't put into words.
>>
File: Spider-Man_151Pyxurz.jpg (178KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man_151Pyxurz.jpg
178KB, 1600x1200px
>>54024257
If it was "realistic", then they'd look worse.
>>
I imagine that if people with powers began emerging, the world governments would all take different action.

I think the US, China, N. Korea and Russia would militarize it however they can. Less war inclined countries may have less regulation, and more collateral damage. Middle Eastern countries may execute them.

A realistic take on powers should involve political and social intrigue, and more of a human vs metahuman feel, than meta/meta. Try to imagine how the would would react if this happened today.
>>
Watch the movie Unbreakable. It's fantastic and I think it's what you're looking for.

The TV show Heroes might also fit the bill, if you look only at the setting. Just disregard the shit writing and all that stuff about fate
>>
>>54026545
/thread
>>
>>54026841
If people with powers emerged it would be as influential as the invention firearms.
Governments would scramble to weaponize them but revolutions would pop up even more than usual.
>>
>>54024591
>Kills drug addics or even just suspects without due process, but not big time drug lords.
>Kowtows to the Communist Chinese and the New People's Army.
>Has an army of paid trolls and propagandists to smear anyone who cirticizes him.
>Is a paid puppet of the pkundering Marcos family.
>Pardons corrpt government officials.

I'll never undertand why you Westerners idolize this garbage human so much.
>>
>>54025677
You can sort of see it in real life too. Billionaires and multi-millionaires are essentially super-humans, they have abilities to affect society to much greater degree than regular folks. They can generally escape any kind of societal repercussions like the legal system, covertly in the 1st world countries and overtly elsewhere. Adding super strength or invisibility would only make it worse.
>>
>>54027936
OP asked what realistic capeshit would be like. Vigilantes in real life are mostly death squads and KKK types.
>>
Only the State can dole out justice. Any supers with powers beyond mundane things like "keeping breath under water for 12 minutes" or "having 15" cock" should be isolated or removed else society will inevitably collapse.
>>
>>54024636
I really liked that Superman because he lost most of his powers but still kept trying to be Superman. It made him a little more down to earth.

I lost track of it after the wrestling with deities though.
>>
>>54025203
Worm hardly has any thought put into it. It's a particularly poor example of world construction, and you are basically just trying to retroactively decide what it tried to include when it simply is a mess of ideas haphazardly slapped together by an amateur author.
>>
>>54024807
>simply having the government give anyone with superpowers a monthly stripend in exchange for not doing crime

That's the stupidest sentence I have read on /tg/ those past three months. Congratulation. It is so incredibly stupid, so mind-boggling retarded, I can't even think about where to start. It's that moronic. Congratulation. I mean it. Something that low is almost a piece of art.

So, where to start.

In a realistic setting, either the government can enforce social order against superhuman (possible by using other superhumans), or it can't.

In the first case, if a superhuman commits a crime, he goes to jail. It works like real life. In the second case, if a superhuman commits a crime, too bad, there's literally nothing the government can do. And certainly not remove its monthly allowance.

Giving money in exchange for not doing crime is unworkable, unsustainable, and useless. How does the government decide you are not doing crime? And if you are, why aren't you behind bars right now? If it can't enforce laws, why should you care about stipends? You are making money selling drugs and whatever. If it can enforce laws, why should it care about making you stipends for being a citizen?

Let's say that you did commit a crime, the government decide to stop giving you money (and not jailing you, because...?), and then... well, you steal that money, of course. Because, you know, you're a criminal, you steal.

What a well thought incentive for being cooperative.
>>
>>54027957
Exactly; this is why I've always had so much difficult getting into X-men comics: I've never for an instant bought into the 'mutants/racism' analogy; minorities are picked on because they're *powerless* not *powerful*:

A powerful minority is called an aristocracy.
>>
>>54028521
This.

As I said in >>54025677
and >>54025815

If the supers in question are powerful enough that they're above the law, then sooner or later they take over.

If they're not that powerful, then we just end up with everything much the same as it is now, except with super SWAT teams and Navy Seals / S.A.S. / Spetsnaz teams with laser-vision & super-strength.
>>
File: uber.jpg (2MB, 2500x1932px) Image search: [Google]
uber.jpg
2MB, 2500x1932px
The writing isn't the best but I think Uber shows how brutal war with super-soldiers would actually be.
>>
>>54028634

haven't red that but there's a scene in Justice League Gods and Monsters where Batman is helplessly trying to prevent a bunch of people from being torn apart by super robots that reminds me of that picture. People being burned to death by heat rays, having hands thrust through their chests, torn in half, etc.
>>
File: 1454189116169.jpg (163KB, 978x563px) Image search: [Google]
1454189116169.jpg
163KB, 978x563px
>>54024257
Depends on the level of power
If low then the government steps in and does all the shady shit it wants to try and control supers
If high then the supers can do whatever they want and no one but other supers can stop them

If I woke up tomorrow with X-ray Vision and nothing else I would never let anyone know about it. EVER because i would fear for my life if the government caught wind
If I woke up tomorrow with all the powers of Superman the first thing I would do is go rip the roof off the U.N. General Assembly and declare myself a Sovereign Nation and if anyone fucks with me it's war and they'd have to take it because nothing they could do would stop me
>>
File: RCO012_1495928554.jpg (509KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
RCO012_1495928554.jpg
509KB, 1280x1920px
>>54024257
They would probably operate somewhat like Lobster Johnson. Instead of working completely alone, he has a whole team of people helping him out, gathering information helping him prepare for actions etc, running smaller errands while he is busy with something bigger etc. He's the only one actually putting on the suit and risking his skin, but he couldn't possibly take care of everything by himself.
>>
>>54028017
>It made him a little more down to earth.
Superman is already pretty damn down to earth even when he's fully powered. His problems are the same as those every person faces, just on a much greater scale; Superman still has to walk his dog, except his dog can fly through space and the walk is a trip around the solar system; Superman's family comes to visit, only they come from the 61st millenium and happen to drag an interdimensional time demon with them; and of course, no matter how powerful he is as Superman, he's still just a dork who doesn't have the guts to ask the woman of his dreams out on a date as Clark Kent.

Compare that to Batman who as a superhero gets to meet fetishy supervillain women dressed in latex suits and drive around in cars cooler than the ones reserved for James Bond, and who as Bruce Wayne is a multi billionaire who gets to date supermodels and drive around in cars cooler than those reserved for James Bond.
>>
>>54024257
A costume has many purposes,to identify yourself as a hero while concealing your true identity so people don't bother you on the streets, sure. But if vigilantism is illegal, wouldn't you wear a mask so you don't go down for doing what you feel is the right thing?

Maybe the biggest reason to wear a costume as a superhero is money. If I'm out there fighting a super villain, and my power is super strength and I'm hucking fucking cars and shit around in the battle, you better believe I'm wearing a mask, because I don't want to be held responsible for property damage.
>>
File: UBER.png (244KB, 760x4460px) Image search: [Google]
UBER.png
244KB, 760x4460px
>>54028634
Yes, yes anon HOWEVER.
>>
>>54024636
It's funny how it ended up shitting on the DC versions of the Charlton characters it copied.
>>
File: 25q7ot3.jpg (50KB, 701x510px) Image search: [Google]
25q7ot3.jpg
50KB, 701x510px
>>54028088
Agree with you on that one.

What Worm does correctly is providing an explanation for powers that, although pure fantasy, is actually coherent. Making them sentient and with enough processing power to simulate universes explains where supers get their power, why they are limited in such bizarre ways, why they have secondary powers that allows them to, say, being a speedster without dying from the air friction.

Not that it's a novel idea. Trace already did it, and is in fact a huge inspiration for several Worm characters.
>>
>>54028521
Come on, imagine shit happening in metahumen getto where most of the population live on foodstamps, and what kind of cops patrol that area.
>>
>>54025677
>If super-humans have always existed in this 'realistic' world of yours, then they'd simply have always been the god-king rulers of humans:

this is pretty much the plot of the game Tyranny
>>
>>54028521
Are they throwing the bullets at her or something?
>>
>>54029528
Don't forget "Russia is still sitting on its ass".
>>
>>54024257

It would be like Unbreakable.
>>
I'm playing in a campaign at the moment that toys with this idea a bit, but errs a bit closer to comics than reality. The essentials that we're working on are:

> Heroes exist, people know about them and react according to their own personal values on the matter
> The government essentially has 'vigiliante contractors', who are hired and paid to dispose of particularly troublesome villains
> Interpol has a full time team of the most powerful heroes a la Justice League or the like who are just as versed politically as they are in crime-fighting
> Ultimately the world exists as it does today, but it's not mindblowing to see a team of robots doing someone's housework
> Most villains are in organised crime and for the most part keep largely to themselves, lesser villains will pay the kingpins for the right and protection to operate in their 'turf'
> The Metahuman Response Force is a branch of the police that are equipped and trained to deal with supers, including temporarily disabling their powers and keeping them in holding cells designed to suppress their powers even further
> Superheroes or superhero teams can register with the government and are effectively treated as corporations, involving a lot of paperwork and bureaucracy. Registering protects the hero/team to a degree financially regarding things like damages caused, and opens the team up to being contracted by the local Metahuman Response Force, which pays fairly well
> Teams can operate as 'shadow teams' without registering with the government, but they'll be held wholly responsible for any damages they cause, and if they cause too much collateral will be marked as villains. Plus no sweet government contracts.
> Magic and occult shit also exists as a facet of superhumans. It's not uncommon for demons to broker large deals between individuals. My character for example currently works on the side making deliveries for a Tempter Demon

Keep the players and their villains low-powered and you'll do fine.
>>
>>54030145
I admittedly don't know all the intricacies yet, but when the current GM finishes the campaign I'm going to pick up a similar one in the same setting, so he's been piecemeal feeding me background info so I can start prepping for my side-story.
>>
>>54029444
The problem is; if super-Yahweh doles out powers we wouldn't get the ultra-benevolent, volunteer-police, incorruptible, vigilantism we see in comics, if anything we'd get a grab-bag of more of the same vigilantes we see currently (i.e. violent weirdos pushing a political agenda at best, K.K.K. enforcers or similar at worst) but with super-powers, and starry-eyed idiots & autists trying to live out their comic-book fantasies in the real world. Neither of the above would turn out very well for anyone concerned (except maybe the violent loonies looking for an excuse to beat up / murder thier hate-figure minority of choice).

Not to mention, everyone has a different interpretation of 'the right thing', that's why we have the rule of law; it's the compromise we as a society have reached regarding how to deal with those who trespass against societal taboos, and what taboos should receive special protection.

This is the underlying flaw in all super-hero fiction; vigilantism is anathema to the rule of law, which is itself one of the fundamental cornerstones of a free and fair society: No one individual is supposed to have the right to decide what is & isn't illegal, or who is & isn't guilty, or to assign punishment to the guilty; only the legal system has that power. Likewise, the police are (in theory, at least) answerable for their actions, and transparent in their operation. The police exist to protect the citizenry from the criminal classes, the law exist to protect the citizenry from the police.

The vigilante (and especially the super-hero) is answerable only to his conscience (or at best, other, more powerful, super-heros), and history has shown time & again how that is a very bad idea for people in positions of power.
>>
>>54024927
Isn't that Wild Cards?
>>
>>54024557
Welcome to /tg/.
Don't forget to ignore mtg card rules and never play D&D.
>>
>>54030145
>Superheroes or superhero teams can register with the government and are effectively treated as corporations, involving a lot of paperwork and bureaucracy. Registering protects the hero/team to a degree financially regarding things like damages caused, and opens the team up to being contracted by the local Metahuman Response Force, which pays fairly well

Why?

I don't mean a meta-narrative why. You want your teams of superheroes in spandex fighting crimes, that's perfectly fine.

Realistically, no government in the world would endorse vigilantes and reimburse property damage caused by said vigilantes. There is absolutely no way a government would do that, except maybe if the leaders were mind-controlled by a shadow conspiracy.

An official, sanctioned organization of metahumans is infinitely more realistic than your contractor thing.

Find the reason why all your countries are quite literally losing their mind and it's a decent setting.
>>
>>54030275
You don't have to be a vigilante to be a superhero. You could be a firefighter who can fly, or a cop who can run at super speed, or a rescue worker who can phase through walls, etc.

To be a superhero you need to have superpowers and the will to help. That's it.
>>
>>54030901
>You could be a firefighter.

I had that in a Geist game once. A guy who burned to death in his childhood and was bound with a spirit of flame, water and...I can't recall the third one. They joined the firefighters to help keep other people from what they experianced.

The GM was kinda weirded out by the Geist being completely sane, well adjusted and with a day job.
>>
>>54024257
There would definitely be costumes, especially if you go for realism, weaboos and yiffers exist remember? Now imagine them with capeshit powers. It would be the stuff of nightmares.
>>
>>54030874
Again, not 100% on the intricacies, because I'm under the impression that the GM is still keeping details secret for the current campaign, but there are definitely still repercussions for teams that cause damage, be it a cooling off period wherein they're not offered contracts, or some other shit. There could very well be an official, sanctioned metahuman organization, but again, in-game we've always operated as a shadow team because paperwork is for nerds. Just stuff that hasn't come up.

> Find the reason why all your countries are quite literally losing their mind and it's a decent setting.
If our small fry team ever figures this one out I'll eat my hat and do a storytime.
>>
>>54030948
The Amazing Speed Wolf slips on his 6 foot long cape, impales his disgusting sweaty fursuit onto a traffic sign pole, dies.
>>
>>54024257
If some people suddenly got superpowers they likely wouldn't use them to commit or fight crime. Why would a guy that can bend steel in hands and run at supersonic speed use his powers to commit crimes when he could get rich by constructing buildings faster and cheaper than any regular human? And why would we want that guy to spend his time hunting criminal scum when that's such an inefficient use of his time.
>>
>>54026033
like the all of it part. though like everyone i will admit that before he got into the details and self-admitted utter lack of plan, the hook portion of the story was aight.

>>54024257
Despite most people's addiction to social media shit, after some crime group whacks the first superheroes family, everyone will remember why masked super heroes are a thing in comic books.
>>
>>54031103
Stealing from banks and the like is probably a lot more profitable, and can be done with all sorts of different superpowers, not all of which have a legal application.
For example, mind control would be super useful for illegal applications, but requires a lot of imagination to be able to apply to the private sector without breaking consent laws. Shooting energy out of your eyes is super useful for attacking people or breaking into places, but doesn't have a lot of openings on the private market. While a lot of powers do have marketable uses, many do not, or are simply easier to use illegally.
>>
File: 1495007730989.jpg (276KB, 1000x1430px) Image search: [Google]
1495007730989.jpg
276KB, 1000x1430px
>>54024257
Okay.

>All metahumans need to be state registered, and their powers are carefully listed. Not doing it is literally a crime.
>Benign powers put you in the green list. Dangerous, pernicious, or otherwise violent powers put you in the red list. Potential economic destroying powers put you in the yellow list.
>Red listers are always accompanied by a 'power officer', who will periodically check on that person. Once every six months at the very least, sometimes every week if the person is himself dangerous/unstable.
>Technically, only government officials and the police should have access to the lists, but there's many scandals of company having access to them illegally.
>Many laws have been passed to define what constitutes an unlawful use of powers. Committing a crime with the help of metahuman powers is considered a very severe aggravating circumstance, often doubling or tripling the sentences.
>Many, many laws have been passed to frame the use of powers in companies. It's a hot topic, with companies lobbying to authorize or forbid the use of particular powers in finance, banking, construction, etc.

That's the absolute groundwork to have a semi-decent setting. Now you can start on what kind of organization you want to have, but as a rule: no vigilante, all crime fighting organization are either backed and controlled by the government or metahumans strong enough to basically say fuck it.
>>
>>54031285
How would the government enforce such wide ranging control of people with powers?
>>
>>54024257
Spiderman would have no chance against hulk, right?
>>
>>54031305
By using the metahumans corps in police, force, and more force. How does a government prevent people with guns from enslaving people without guns and carving their own little nation?

Better question: if tomorrow people in the U.S suddenly started to develop powers, how would the gov react? You'd better believe that shit would need to be registered.

This is of course the 'nations still matter' route. The 'overlords win everywhere' has been discussed already. There's really only two realistic route this can go anyways.
>>
>>54031305
Other people with powers?

I had a character for a mutants and masterminds game, he was an android (though I described him as a drone) created by the US government in an effort to gain a deterrent against foreign and domestic metas. His ability was just a power-muting field, and then he beats the shit out of them in hand to hand combat.
>>
>>54031341
Spiderman could easily BTFO Hulk with his spidersense.
>>
>>54024257
read worm
>>
>>54031341
Not in a straight fight, but you could explain him out-smarting old Brucie once or twice.

Spiderman fights people stronger than himself all the time. Not as strong as the Hulk, but the same technique apply.
>>
>>54031341
Given Spider-Man's tendency to troll the fuck out of his opponents, and the Hulk's tendency to gain strength from his anger, no. Hulk would fucking slaughter Spidey in pretty much every given situation.
>>
>>54031377
>read garbage
>>
>>54028521
>In the first case, if a superhuman commits a crime, he goes to jail. It works like real life. In the second case, if a superhuman commits a crime, too bad, there's literally nothing the government can do.

There is a third option.

The government CAN stop/detain supers, but at considerable risk and expenditure that it would rather not bother with.

I think many areas - or the whole world, depending on the kind of supers - would eventually become superpowered feudal hierarchies if X-Men like powers were to suddenly appear in the populace, but the "monthly payment" option does have a chance of working.

Firstly, it appeals to human nature. Humans are communal creatures and do not want to be ostracized from the community. If it takes considerable effort to detain a super, that super is still putting themselves outside of society even if they escape capture, and most people don't want to do that. The second pro is that it would be the easy option for many supers, and people often go with the easy option. Why bother robbing a bank if you can live well off your heft government paycheck, which you are granted for literally doing nothing?

Hell, there are a lot of people who, given superpowers, would take a government paycheck in return for putting their powers to use. It's just easier than going it alone as some kind of supervillain.
>>
>>54031285
>>Red listers are always accompanied by a 'power officer', who will periodically check on that person. Once every six months at the very least, sometimes every week if the person is himself dangerous/unstable.

Man, this would cause so much shit.

Nobody would ever report themselves for fear of losing all their privacy.
>>
>>54031341
>>54031378
>>54031382
Spider-Man has actually K.O.ed the Hulk once.

Remember, the Hulk only becomes a mega cosmic threat once he gets really REALLY angry. Anyone with several-ton superstrength can knock out a freshly shifted Hulk if they apply enough force fast enough to the head.
>>
>>54024257
super(((heroes)))) would rule over mankind
would have super high tech and FTL already
>>
>>54031511
True, but that's the exception that proves the rule more than anything. Hulk doesn't need to be a cosmic threat to conk out Spidey, and when has Spidey ever been able to resist the urge to quip and toy with his opponents?
>>
>>54031673
>and when has Spidey ever been able to resist the urge to quip and toy with his opponents?

Quite a few times.

Generally speaking, even his rogues comment on this. When Spider-Man doesn't talk you know he's taking shit seriously. They hate his quipping but they hate it even more when he goes quiet, because that means he's actually concentrating on messing them up.
>>
>>54027936
We dont. Even the worst Americans are a fairly uncomfortable with him. And its just Americans, Europeans dont care for him.
>>
>>54031838
Eurofag here, who the fuck's that?
>>
>>54028521
Why are they throwing bullet casings and Supergirl?
>>
>>54028521
This guy >>54031432

Sums it up perfectly. Sure, the government can hire a few superheroes on their payroll to be police for other heroes, but then youll be dealing with far more superpowered crim with city blocks getting flattened every other month.

Not to mention that keeping supers in a specialized jail would be also be rather expensive.

Overall, giving them some money each month nust for playing nice is a fine solution. If someone doesnt want to play nice, then you have those fallbacks anyway
>>
>>54024257
Fine Structure wasn't too bad, though Superpowers were much more uncommon than most settings.
>>
Check out steelheart by Brandon Sanderson.
>>
>>54026545
>filename
That's the Human Spider, you idiot.

Completely unrelated to that new Spiderman guy flailing around in New York.

I actually never understood how no one caught on to this. Even if you excuses it as him being so lame that people didn't pay attention, you think at least the fight promoters that jipped him or the announcer would think of something.
>>
>>54024636
>lowered the quality of DC after it was released
It led to the creation of vertigo and writers like Milligan, gaiman, abnett, Morrison, Carey, brubaker, azarello , moon/ba, Wagner, Delano, Ennis, Ellis and more being given almost complete creative control.

The whole "90s were terrible for comics" is a meme. 90s were one of the best decades for great comics and much better than the widescreen-infested 2000s
>>
If superhuman: Would be treated as weapons to be controlled if possible/destroyed otherwise by their respective governments

If vigilante: Would be treated as criminals

In both cases, anyone trying to act like a comic superhero in real life would probably cause a lot of collateral damage, death/injury of innocent bystanders, and desperate, more ruthless criminals.

That's pretty much it.
>>
Costumes aren't really the problem.

Alter egos, friends, family and personal attacks are the real problem.

Guyver, a manga that's basically a deconstruction of American superhero comics and a tribute to Kamen Rider shows this nicely.

Our hero has gained control over some alien biomechanical living power armour loaded with weapons for surface-to-orbit combat. He's still learning how to use this suit.
In a normal comic, the villains would just passively fight the villain by doing villainous things so the hero can show up and beat them. Not here.
As soon as the villains find out that the hero has their super-secret alien technology, they take control of his entire hometown and attack his highschool. They kill almost everyone and tell the media it's a terrorist attack. That's like their second move against our hero. The third move is them infecting his own father with some time-triggered mutation that turns his father into a genetic mutant created specifically as a counter to our hero. Their fourth move is to just take over the entire world and brand our hero as a dangerous terrorist.
>>
>>54036150
>The third move is them infecting his own father with some time-triggered mutation that turns his father into a genetic mutant created specifically as a counter to our hero.
Which results in the mutant monster dad clawing out the brain of our hero, so the biomechanical power armour goes in automatic protection mode as it slowly regenerates the brain of our hero... and vaporizes our hero's dad with a bio-laser meant for taking out starships. Cue our hero having an emotional breakdown when his brain has fully regenerated and he's standing in front of like 2km2 of atomized forest and a single smoking mutant dad hand laying on the floor.
>>
>>54028634
>have super strength
>could carry a super gun
>nah, better karate chop people in half instead
That shit is dumb
>>
>>54036550

what's a super gun?
>>
>>54036550
Why would you waste ammunition when a punch easily does the job better?
>>
>>54036605
Because you can only punch someone a few feet away, yet the super soldiers of this comic somehow win battles and kill thousands of people
>>
>>54036592
A gun for superhumans.
>>
>>54024257
Depends on a lot of things, like how powers work, how common they are, and how powerful. A superman or two wrecks most settings.
>>54031285
is a good start.

Although I don't think vigilantes are out of the question. Some people are paranoid about the government, aren't team players, or don't think that anything short of death will stop bad people.
>>
>>54031480
Hence why vigilantes would be a thing. Or at least a thing everywhere that hasn't accepted a nanny state.
>>
>>54036651
You forget to mention they have super speed and make leap over mountains so they can easily close the gap between soldier to soldier in seconds.
>>
>>54036150
>Their fourth move is to just take over the entire world and brand our hero as a dangerous terrorist.
If they had the power to do this, why didn't they before the hero showed up?
>>
>>54036793
They had to wait for the big bad that planned everything in advance to wake up from taking a powernap of a few hundred years.
>>
File: 1445529570329.jpg (54KB, 485x360px) Image search: [Google]
1445529570329.jpg
54KB, 485x360px
>>54024257

It has been five years since the event, when the first superhumans appeared after the mutations started. Civilization has come to an end, as least as how we've known it for the past three centuries. But how could modern nations survive when random people held more power than the state? A state only exists as long as it can exert force over the people, and the people believe the force necessary. But now with anarchists who have been granted the power of gods, it's impossible for any semblance of order to remain. Those who have been granted the variety of powers has been a total random selection, and many of those who live for no other reason than to sow suffering have unfortunately ascended in power. Some are just weak, having some cheap shitty parlor power that can be solved by a couple good old boys with rifles. But there's others we can't stop. We can only hope and pray that one of those who gained power and was not corrupted by it, who was not tossed into that dark pit of corruption and now act as exploitative feudal overlords, but whose soul was strong enough to turn away from evil.

Heroes, paladins, angels, so many names. They're worshiped, they're viewed as something more my commoners like me. Regardless of how the ignorant shivering masses view them, they are just humans. But they are humans who have the strength of character to shirk temptation and risk their lives for simple goodwill. Their currency is joy, and they reap it from those they liberate from the tyrannical warlords now holding dominion over various pockets of territory.

Peter in the camp says that one day the greatest and most powerful superhuman will born, logically, as the new superheroes progressively increase in power as if humans are evolving to some sort of end. I just pray to God that whenever this individual is born, he has the strength of will to restore order. God have mercy on us all if he lacks it.
>>
>>54036811
>>54036150
That doesn't sound anything like a deconstruction of American superhero comics in any sense other than that some people have magic powers.
>>
File: Astro_City_Vol_1_1.jpg (830KB, 1971x3029px) Image search: [Google]
Astro_City_Vol_1_1.jpg
830KB, 1971x3029px
FOR GOD'S SAKES
READ ASTRO CITY
IT ANSWERS ANY QUESTION YOU COULD HAVE AND MORE AND IT ANSWERS THEM WELL
>>
>>54036963
Ha, didn't know there were image shills here as well.
>>
>>54036986
Explain what, aside from being made by Image, is wrong with Astro City.
>>
>>54037012
It isn't realistic at all and doesn't fit the thread topic.
>>
is the legion tv show any good
>>
>>54037040
That depends on whether the OP is thinking of realistic as in 'as close to reality as possible, with no superpowers' or realistic as in 'as verisimilar as possible, as if it was the real world with superpowers'. If it's the latter, then Astro City most definitely fits the bill.
>>
>>54037068
No. It's edgy "I'm so weird lol" teenage fiction put onto live TV.
>>
>>54024257
Nolan's Batman.
>>
>>54037103
Maybe for you. Nolan may be a big guy in the industry, but for fans with a lot of loyalty to batman, his movies didn't fly so good.
>>
>>54037103
Pretty good example. The more "super" heroes and villains are, the harder it is to maintain realism/verisimilitude.
>>
>>54024965
>Superheroes wouldn't completely change the course of the human race.

Get the fuck out of here.

Captain America didn't do much because he's still just a really fit guy. But the more out of there powers would make Earth a vastly different place.
>>
>>54037413
How?
>>
>>54037896
Take every super scientist and remove any cop out Dumbo Effect bullshit or them wanting to keep dangerous tech from the public
Reed Richards could have solved every problem in the world and kicked technology forward 200 years virtually overnight
Tony Stark could have given the world free clean energy
The list goes on
>>
>>54037896
Even if you don't get into high power stuff, superheroes/supper comandos are going to majorly shift how wars are fought.

A 4 man team behind enemy lines with the effective strength of an entire company, instead of a fire team will be huge.

A lot of forces would have to be shifted behind your front lines to deal with supes long enough for your own supes to engage. (Assuming WW2 equivalent)

Supes could seriously fuck up shit like the Cold War.
>>
>>54037413
The idea of a human cosmic-tier superhero is terrifying beyond comprehension.

Lovecraft's cosmic horrors were already bad enough, and they were completely uncaring and unphased by mankind.

Now imagine something with that power, that thinks like a human, gets sad like a human, gets mad like a human, gets angry like a human, loves like a human...
>>
>>54038111
>loves like a human...
W-what would happen?
>>
>>54038008
I always assumed that there had to be some reason why super-tech wasn't wide spread. Like it all requires unubtanium, or super scientists have a special form of autism that stops them from communicating how they got it to work.

Or just have all the non-villainous super-scientists show up in the last 5 years, so that their ideas can't spread too far. Ie. Stark just laid the foundation for the first large scale arc reactor.

>>54038111
Yeah. Dr. Manhattan is pretty much the best case scenario.
>>
>>54036651
Because if you activate 10x10 meters of Halo, like a Tesla coil, and just run ahead, you will kill anything in your path that isn't a Panzerman.

Meanwhile the Battleships are capable of leveling everything within their field of view, in short blitzes of blinding HALO, except it doesn't overpenetrate other Tankmen properly. And because it doesn't properly penetrate tankmen, Tankmen can theoretically dogpile a Battleship in melee, eventually dealing some kind of pyrrhic damage per 100 men wasted.
>>
>>54036963
Kingdom Come was pretty good, and also illustrated by Alex Ross
>>
>>54038197
You know all those stories about people going crazy when their relationships end?

Like a guy who lit himself on fire and drove his SUV into his ex-wife's house while she was at home.
>>
>>54038245
Dafuq are you talking about.
>>
>>54038364
> yet the super soldiers of this comic somehow win battles and kill thousands of people
?????
ARe you braindead?
Retarded?
Dazzed?
Dizzy?
Snoked?
Weeded?
Out of capacity?
>>
>>54038391
I mean where's the tesla coil, high altatude low opening shit coming from? Or anything about battleships.
>>
>>54038360
>a guy who lit himself on fire and drove his SUV into his ex-wife's house while she was at home.
That's metal as fuck.
>>
>>54038364
He's talking about Ãœber.

In that comic, all superheroes can use the halo effect, which is some kind of biologically generated force. You can use it to blow things or people up, you can use it to cut people to shreds, you can use it to heal wounds (which is very important to superheroes because their flesh literally becomes so strong that if they're badly hurt, doctors can't operate on them because their flesh is too tough for scalpels, the British end up having to euthanize one of their first heroes with an industrial powerdrill after an unfortunate encounter with a German super), and far far far far far worse, it can be used to shape flesh.
One of the German supers, a former Wehrmacht soldier who survived the Eastern front is so fucking pissed at Adolf Hitler that during a dinner to celebrate a victory, the super kills Hitler by altering his body so Hitler dies, then transforming Hitler's body back to it's original state to avoid suspicion. After which Goebbels stages his own death, and has himself transformed into a Hitler double with Halo fleshcraft. Needless to say, Goebbels thinks Hitler's death is a perfect oppertunity, Hitler was a lead load anyway.
>>
>>54038480
>the halo effect
Sounds sort of like bullshit plot powers.
It's not surprising it'd fuck up a setting.
>>
>>54029528
The worst writing.
>>
>>54038536
Any superpower is a bullshit plot power, you fucking turboretard.
>>
>>54038635
Not really. You can put constraints on any power so you have to get creative with it's aplication.

Halo Power, can blow things up, cut people heal wounds, give super speed, give super strength, give super invulnerability, and "shape flesh" in any way the user wants. It sounds like a laundry list of things that it can be used for, depending on what you want it to do for the plot.
>>
File: GM Kit.pdf (2MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
GM Kit.pdf
2MB, 1x1px
I need a place to slap this in to upload for a friend, and it's as good as any. Ignore if you want, or whatever.
>>
>>54038536
Its the best kind: Super broken, but people are using it like its a fucking construction brick to kill other people.
>>
>>54024257
>How would a "realistic" superhero setting look like? I don't think they would take steps to stop people from figuring out who they are and where they live and murdering them in their sleep.
You are that retarded.
>>
>>54038673
The Halo effect can do all those things, but not every super can use every aspect of the Halo effect. Almost all Supers can only use one or two effects. Tankmen cannot even expel their Halo effect outward.

Fucking read the comic or a synopsis before you fucking start blabbering shit. Fucking mongoloid cunt.
>>
>>54038793
>The Halo effect can do all those things, but not every super can use every aspect of the Halo effect
Ah, so they only get to use or make up new ones as the plot allows. Gotcha.
>>
>>54038823
As with all stories. All stories run on plot, you fucking TVTropes cocksucker.
>>
>>54038211
>I always assumed that there had to be some reason why super-tech wasn't wide spread
There are but they are all bullshit
They mostly boil down to shit like the hero wanting to keep tech the public isn't "ready for" away from them, villains hording it for their own personal use, or as seen in a lot of super RPGs the "Dumbo Effect" which boils down to this; the science hero isn't actually building shit that works it just looks like it might, really his superpowers just need to be convinced that the device works and they do whatever the device is supposed to do
Like Dumbo's magic feather he thought made him fly when really he could fly on his own

All those excuses are just to keep a comicbook setting as close to our world as possible in terms of overall tech level
If super scientists were allowed to actually spread their tech the world would look much different
Think more Transmetropolitan and less Gotham
>>
File: WRONG.jpg (51KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
WRONG.jpg
51KB, 670x377px
>>54027018
>Watch the movie Unbreakable. It's fantastic
>>
>>54027936
>Kills drug addics or even just suspects without due proces

>I'll never undertand why you Westerners idolize this garbage human so much.

There's your answer. Go back to your addictions, idiot.
>>
>>54038868
I think i'd be alright with over the top science everywhere. I might set the setting in the 80s though, for absurd fashions, all the tech we have now and enough additional tech to make it cyberpunk at all the non-super heroic levels.
>>
>>54038912
I thought it was pretty good, not really a superhero movie, though it has some significant overlap.
>>
>>54024333

Do mercs really have it figured out? Getting paid to kill foreigners while wearing comfy as fuck khakis and answering to no one seems pretty great.
>>
>>54024559
This is correct, honestly. Shame the fandom completely missed the point.

>>54024636
Because the other writers missed the point too.
>>
>>54032225
duterte
>>
>>54042135
>answering to no one
The fuck? They answer to whoever pays them, it's a job just like any other but with more getting shot at.
>>
Honestly?

Military would be all over anyone who manifested superpowers. Like, recruiters on steroids.
>>
>>54028530
Because mutants are a threat to the existing powers that be
>>
File: batgirl-tarr-stewart.jpg (289KB, 630x891px) Image search: [Google]
batgirl-tarr-stewart.jpg
289KB, 630x891px
>>54024294
fpbp.

To elaborate, people have attempted "realistic" superhero stuff before, and the result is usually trash that misses the point of superheroes entirely, or just winds up not really being a superhero story at all. Pic related is an example of the former, while something like Worm would be an example of the latter. And the former as well, depending on you who ask.

To summarize, the concept of superheroes is one that is inherently unrealistic. You would have to be a damn good writer to go directly against the grain of the genre and still produce a good story. Please note that gritty, dark, and edgy stuff does not qualify as realistic. Characters like the Punisher are just as unrealistic as a teenager in red and blue tights swinging around the city using his spider powers and synthetic web shooting gadgets. And unfortunately there are people in the comics community now that feel like this is a bad thing.
>>
>>54045335
I can understand when people are off put by everyone inexplicably wearing spandex at least, but you're right in that most redesigns end up being flawed in new ways (usually by ending up being dated as fuck)
>>
>>54045042
It's actually because a sentient super disease called Sublime manipulated the population to despise mutants because he can't infect them and they're rapidly becoming more and more prevalent in the population, to the point that 'homo sapiens' will one day be totally replaced by 'homo superiors'. That means Sublime is gradually losing and power and would one day be gone entirely.

So I suppose they are kind of a threat to the powers that be, but not in the way you imagine. If it were, then all super powered beings in Marvel would be met with the same scorn, instead of some being idols or celebrities.
>>
>>54045380

if only marvel/dc didn't dominate the market with all their old properties and instead writers/artists could just come up with new ideas for superheroes instead of retrofitting old ones.
>>
>>54045380
The thing is, most superheroes don't even wear spandex anymore. Or even skintight outfits. And the skintight outfits are usually some sort of high tech miracle fabric. Batman and co. are actually an example of this, so that leather redesign is both awful looking and a straight downgrade. On the Marvel side of things, Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, and more wear suits made of unstable molecules. Fireproof, puncture proof, able to change colors, designs, and repair itself just by the wearer concentrating on it.
>>
>>54037068
yeah i like it. its a bit full of itself and really self indulgent, but its still engaging despite that.
>>
>>54045335
>people have attempted "realistic" superhero stuff before
The main problem with "realistic" superhero stories is that they fail at being realistic and instead only become ultraviolent gorefests. If combat was as dangerous as it is in our world then all superheroes would be dead or cripples (which only works in self-contained stories such as Watchmen). The realistic way to depict long-running heroes like Batman or Spider-Man therefore ought to be the way they've been portrayed for a majority of their time in print; as capable of brushing off almost any harm that comes to them within seconds.

>Pic related is an example of the former
I see nothing wrong with that picture though.
>>
>>54025203
Worm sits next to Saints Row IMO in the "working backwards from genre cliches and working them into the core of the setting." For what it's worth, I liked them both.

>>54028530
Unfortunately, a story where the X men had mutant powers like hemophilia and down's syndrome wouldn't deliver as much on the high-octane action.

>>54045335
I'm not seeing what's wrong with the costumed vigilante wearing a leather jacket and having a detachable cape. Am I missing something?

>>54045419
Check out Infamous. 1 & 2 at least, I'm not familiar with Second Son.

Powers widely vary depending on the individual, but the basic mechanics of how to obtain and transfer them remains the same. Developing powers without outside intervention is implied to be incredibly difficult and takes time. Only a small percentage of the population can obtain powers even if they use fancy high-tech methods. Finally, basically every superhuman encountered goes down pretty easily and the ones that don't are massive, continent-scale hazards.
>>
>>54045585
I actually read a Spiderman short that was about Spidey getting the shit beat out of him by Rhino, so much so he ends up in a hospital (went there on his own, so no unmasking or anything), and the doc tells him that he worked for shield and can tell that he has superhero-style injuries that were mounting up, and has to take a bed-rest for a few weeks or he'll be permanently damaged.

Then the comic is about Spidey dealing with the fact that he can't go out to do hero stuff and has to let someone else stop Rhino.
>>
>>54045585
>I see nothing wrong with that picture though.
>>54045595
I'm not seeing what's wrong with the costumed vigilante wearing a leather jacket and having a detachable cape. Am I missing something?

The problem is that, as I already said, it's a straight downgrade from her old outfit, and it's ugly. It portrays itself as being better just because it's more realistic, which misses the point of superhero comics, and shows that whoever designed it thinks that batsuits are just spandex, and if they read any Bat comics they would know that isn't true. I wouldn't have a problem with it if it was a design for a new character that was just starting out as a street level hero, or a new iteration of Barbara Gordon entirely, but it isn't.
>>
>>54045595
>I'm not familiar with Second Son
Iirc conduits are becoming more common, to the point that there's a whole organization dedicated to capturing them and putting them in a special conduit jail. Conduits are shown to be able to manifest their initial powers and even new abilities simply from stress, and it's explicitly stated that all 'prime' conduits (conduits who have their powers naturally) are extremely difficult to kill because they all possess enhanced strength, durability, and a very accelerated healing factor regardless of what kind of powers they have.
>>
>>54045695
>The problem is that, as I already said, it's a straight downgrade from her old outfit, and it's ugly.

Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man
>>
>>54045659
And I'd say that's a pretty fine way of answering the criticism that led to the dark age of comics while not opening up the pandora's box of questions about why Peter Parker doesn't suffer from severe brain damage or why he can still walk.
>>
>>54045771
It being ugly is, but the downgrade part really isn't, unless you think fancy motorcycle leathers are better than high tech skintight armor chock full of gadgets.
>>
>>54045793
>why Peter Parker doesn't suffer from severe brain damage or why he can still walk.
Enhanced durability and an accelerated healing factor.
>>
>>54045794
But it's still full of gadgets and nothing is saying this isn't hightech super-leather.

Just because it's not skin-tight doesn't mean it's not high-tech.
>>
>>54045808
I think you might have misunderstood what I said.
>>
File: Duke Thomas.jpg (36KB, 291x426px) Image search: [Google]
Duke Thomas.jpg
36KB, 291x426px
>>54045695
>I wouldn't have a problem with it if it was a design for a new character that was just starting out as a street level hero
That is exactly how I felt when I saw it
That sort of shit is fine for someone like Duke Thomas, an inexperienced hero just starting out
It is not fine for a character whose costume used to consist of light weight cutting edge better than military grade body armor to ditch that for something that looks like a cosplayer made it over a weekend
>>
>>54024257
if i had super powers, i would most definitely indulge every single super hero cliche i cna think of

i would get a cool name, i would wear bright primary colors, and i would talk in a hammy over the top manner everytime, and i would fight crime and help people stuck in accidents
>>
>>54045815
It's not high tech. Read the comic. It's just motorcycle leathers.
>>
>>54045820
I didn't. I was just saying.
>>
>>54045842
Okay, but it's not like you can tell that from the design.

Which is primarily what the discussion was about, in my understanding.
>>
>>54045856
The costume is the design. It's not just about how it looks.
>>
>>54045916
Yes it is.

Just because you write "bulletproof monomolecular nanomesh" with a little arrow pointing towards a spandex doesn't make your design any better.
>>
>>54031285

Considering how inept most government agencies tend to end up this would probably be an inefficient bureaucracy that sucks up massive amounts of money and is only able to keep tabs on the guy in the trailer park with acid sweat while Tyrone the super-speeding yellow lister just bribes his way out of it with all the drug money he racks up and The Tachyon Man on the Red list doesnt even notice them
>>
>>54046001
To take a page from Babylon 5's Psi-Corps...

It probably won't take long for a mind-control super to take over the power officers agency, and jumpstart a shadow government ruling the government from there.

Also
>Tachyon Man
OH SHIT IM FEELIN IT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Htl3XWUhUOM
>>
>>54045936
When I say "design" I essentially just meant "costume". Again, the problem isn't just with how it looks. Costume and design are used fairly interchangeably on /co/. Sorry if I wasn't being clear enough.
>>
>>54046035
Okay, that makes sense I guess. but the costume can be fixed by just the writers staying consistent and saying "it improves upon the old design in these ways" not just "BAM, jacket!".

One is a graphical problem, the other is a storytelling one.
>>
>>54046047
I suppose, but what does it really improve upon? A detachable cape? Snap on gloves? Not showing boobs? Who even cares about these things? I wouldn't call them improvements, or even bad on their own. They're just there. I suppose the detachable cape could be neat, if you showed a villain grabbing for it only to be thrown off balance when it comes free. But that's a minor thing at best.
>>
>>54045695
Only thing I didn't like about it was the ugly ass word boots. Detachable capes are cool, everyone loves a dramatic decaping, and aint nothing wrong with leather.
>>
>>54046084
>Who even cares about these things?
you know the answer to that. I dare not speak the name lest we summon /pol/ and /r9k/. But they are real, and they are increasingly a target demographic of comics
>>
>>54046084
It's a different design and I find it visually appealing, and feeling a bit more modern (which could be bad I guess but it feels good for me). I also like the old design too, but it has a very "classic" feel. Wish they kept the hair curling up.
>>
File: 2c2fc4a560b09481d3862ee278f4b99b.jpg (100KB, 736x1048px) Image search: [Google]
2c2fc4a560b09481d3862ee278f4b99b.jpg
100KB, 736x1048px
>love biomechanical armour that grows all over the user
>it's only ever used for villains in american capeshit

I fucking hate this.
>>
The real reason superheroes wear 'spandex' is so artists really only have to do a sketch outline a human body and then color it in.

Comicbook art is done lazy and fast, it's why you see so much tracing and 3d moddeling and photoshop.
>>
File: 1437050668365.jpg (92KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1437050668365.jpg
92KB, 1024x1024px
is it time for stupid costume designs?
>>
File: 1437049669829.jpg (365KB, 1277x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1437049669829.jpg
365KB, 1277x1000px
>>54046144
I think it's time
>>
>>54046084
I think it looks like a nice design.
>>
>>54046144
Swap the trench coat for a proper cape and that wouldn't be half bad.
>>
>>54046149
Robin needs to look less like he's going to some sort of steam punk masquerade but that looks okay.
>>
>>54046149
Most of them I could find a few details that are passable, but that Robin one is horrible in every way
>>
>>54046149
>batwoman/oracle with power legs

Goddamnit Moore didn't meant it to be canon, it was NEVER MEANT TO BE CANON!
>>
>>54046123
There's also some old circus act influence to it with acrobats and strongman types
>>
I think half the reason people probably latched onto wanting to see outfits like leathers, tacticools, or jeans/ironic teeshirt supers is because spandex is so fucking everywhere that it gets boring after a while, and people want to see something else for a change.

Visual design is fun sometimes and it's like, there's only so many combinations you can get out of colored spandex, there's a world of different shapes and material to consider, and also this poor anon >>54046120 who never gets biomechanical heroes.

I won't say I hate spandex but it's like, I wish there were more options that don't get relegated to basically Literal Who characters or one-off variants.
>>
>>54046218
Spandex isn't nearly as prevalent as people seem to think it is. I won't say skintight outfits are uncommon, but there are plenty of designs out there that aren't spandex.

As for biomechanical heroes, I think Jaime Reyes as the Blue Beetle is fairly close to that.
>>
File: 1594650154-6.jpg (300KB, 768x978px) Image search: [Google]
1594650154-6.jpg
300KB, 768x978px
>>54046123
>Comicbook art is done lazy and fast
Depends on the artist. Most of them aren't talented and don't take the craft seriously (especially not when it comes to american cape comics) and only do it to get a paycheck. Some are, however.
>>
>>54046279
Well, that's a Eurocomic bro. That's a whole different ballgame.
>>
>>54024547
I would legit read a comic about Santa's estranged Daughter riding Eldritch horrors into battle.

t. /co/
>>
File: All-Star-Superman-10-Page-8.jpg (97KB, 546x899px) Image search: [Google]
All-Star-Superman-10-Page-8.jpg
97KB, 546x899px
>>54046335
As I said, it's a problem especially with american cape comics, but even within that genre you have artists that put out good work. Though, I must say that the current trend of "scuplting" the drawings by adding depth with the paint really detracts from the good work done by the artists.
>>
>>54046123
Tons of heroes don't even wear spandex anymore.
>>
>>54038933
>A man who already turned himself over to the police because of drug use gets killed two days later.
>A 16 year old disabled kid is killed because a nosy neighbor claimed he was an addict.
> An innocent man is kidnapped by the cops and held for ransom because they couldn't find his brother.

This and many others are just samples of the many abuses that occur in the Philippines under Duterte's drug war.
You have no idea what the fuck you're talking about, so just shut the fuck up.
>>
File: 1364074332713.png (2MB, 1280x717px) Image search: [Google]
1364074332713.png
2MB, 1280x717px
>>54031355
This only works if powers are extremely uniform in nature. If the government cannot guarantee they have effective countermeasures against every power that COULD possibly exist, they're fucked. For all they know, a child could be born tomorrow that is either stronger than every other metahuman combined, or has some weird power that exploits systemic weakness beyond human comprehension, like the ability to invert people's loyalties.

>>54031480
Eh, it's systematic disadvantage and all but you at least get a paycheck out of it, and not to mention that everyone would know you have powers so they'd subconsciously show you some respect.

>>54046033
Yeah I suppose this is ultimately the fate of such a system for the reasons I just got into. You can only regulate superpowers if superpowers are regulate-able.

Hell, honestly you probably could regulate people with mind control powers, but only if it was super consistent mind control powers with the exact same scope every time, and no other confounding bullshit to look out for.

In a setting with a total grab bag, how will you ever know that the dude with super speed actually just has mass teleportation and was just setting up an elaborate ruse for the day when the authorities try and trap him inside of a box? You're going to use a mind-reader to read him? How do you know you can trust your mind -reader? How do you know your mind-reader is even reading minds and not just discerning facts in some unrelated way?
>>
File: 1481257313580.jpg (942KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1481257313580.jpg
942KB, 1920x1080px
>>54024257
Like this
>>
>>54045695
>>54045585
There is no problem with the design itself, but it's nonsensical for someone like Batgirl. She has access to Wayne funding and technology, she could easily run around in top class combat gear tailored for her instead of using normal clothes. And in fact she used to, until for some unexplained reason they decided to witch it to that in this particular run. Which was awful and completely missing the point of character in general and I think that's what the guy posting it meant.
>>
File: BakugouExplosion.gif (5MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
BakugouExplosion.gif
5MB, 400x225px
>>54046675
I looked it up and costumes actually serve some purpose like gif related, is this shit any fun?
>>
>>54046783
It's quite fun, I highly recommend giving it a watch
>>
>>54031285
What is this pic from?
>>
>>54046149
There's nothing wrong with that Batman or Batgirl.

Robin however looks retarded.
>>
>>54046783
Extremely so.

Literally the only ongoing capeshit worth reading right now.
>>
>>54027936

It's the Philippines, man. That's how we deal with problems and isn't something the westerners would understand.
>>
It's either Watchmen or Kickass depending on what power levels you want.
>>
>>54025079
>you are assuming a competent government agency
Only an idiot would assume that.
>>
>>54046433
>Philippines is corrupt as fuck and people are being killed
>surprising
Pick one.
>>
>>54024257
>Realistic.

Fuck that. I like my superheros 60s Batman and 70s Japanese toku thank you very much.
>>
>>54046166
Moore asked the executives at DC for permission to cripple her because he knew it would be a canon event, and was surprised when their response was essentially
>Just fucking kill that bitch
>>
>>54046433
>eats garbage from Rappler
kys
>>
>>54024257
What would a dry aquatic setting look like?
>>
Part of me wants to say the My Hero Academia setting did it pretty well.

Government took all the supers and made a bureaucracy out of it with strict regulations and laws.
>>
>>54048028
How the fuck is a mundane government supposed to enforce regulations among superhumans?
>>
>>54047923
>swamp setting

There done.
>>
>>54048152
What the fuck is dry about a swamp?
>>
>>54047923
Dried-out ocean floor.
>>
>>54048191
It's drier than an ocean.
>>
>>54048111
>not having an enforcer branch specifically for that
>inb4 every super has innate powers
>>
>>54048200
What's aquatic about a sandy plain?
>>
>>54048111
Because all the strongest heroes are in it.
>>
>>54048111
By having people with super power in government. I didn't say the government was all mundane people.

In My Hero like 95% of the population is born with some kind of power. But you can't really be a super hero if your power is something shit like levitating tiny objects a few feet.
>>
>>54024724
at this point of Legion this wasn't even looking silly to me
>>
>>54047913
>spotted the Dutertard cocksucker
>>
>>54046107
>and they are increasingly a target demographic of comics

Yeah except they don't fucking buy the comics they lobby to get changed.
>>
>>54047913
>Nothing bad can concievably happen if we just let people torture and kill each other on suspicion and hearsay
>Oh wait, it's actually turning into fucking hell with no good resolution

Fuck you, nigga, that's basically Mexican Drug War. Will you squeal that's "Rappler", too?
>>
>>54025677
this is basically movie Magneto and he was right
it's either mutants as a rulers or mutants exterminated
>>
>>54027936
Drug addict detected
>>
>>54024257
'Realistic' superheroes wouldn't be superheroes.

Nobody would wear flashy costumes, mostly because they're uncomfortable but to a lesser extent because unless you're invulnerable you'd probably wear body armour.

It'd just be dudes with powers, which... doesn't make something a superhero story.
>>
>>54046433
To get back on topic; this is also the exact sort of thing that would happen with super-vigilantes too, even if we assume they're basically well-intentioned to begin with, which not all of them would be.

Remember; the reason the police have to fill in so much paper-work is to make them transparent & accountable, and limit the opportunities for corruption. You can debate the success of these measures (especially in some countries), but it's still better than nothing. Vigilantes are answerable to no-one & can do whatever they think is necessary to enforce whatever version of 'justice' they prefer.

>>54049935
Exactly, except (presumably) in a 'realistic' setting there'd be no writer fiat making him be wrong all the time by forcing mutant super-powers into a clumsy & highly inaccurate metaphor for being black or gay or whatever.
>>
>>54042439
>Shame the fandom completely missed the point.

Which point?
>>
>>54050937
Exactly; one can't have 'realistic' superheros because the very core of the Superhero genre (i.e. someone acquires super-human abilities & decides to become a vigilante) is entirely unrealistic.
>>
>>54046120
>What is the Blue Beetle?

Finally, megaman versus batman. What we all wanted.
>>
>>54051101

My preferred one on that front is Astro City. It doesn't say it's realistic or try to be. It does, however, try to be consistent and logical (Even if that logic doesn't always 100% line up with real life) with characters you could believe are real people.

I think that's more important than 'Realistic'.
>>
>>54050879
>>54049735
>>
>>54051063
Watchmen was written as a criticism of the silver age of comics (and is often noted as the end of that age and the beginning of the dark age). It's meant to show what would actually happen if you set loose a bunch of masked vigilantes upon the world, and the implications of an actually superpowered being suddenly appearing. It's not meant to be ultraviolent, grimdark, or cool.

I'm not sure the fans are the ones who misses that point though, it's more that Zack Snyder did and the fans of his movie adaption don't even know that there was anything more to it than a dark superhero story.
>>
File: 41G4AZB50QL._SY445_.jpg (23KB, 244x445px) Image search: [Google]
41G4AZB50QL._SY445_.jpg
23KB, 244x445px
>pic related
>as long as, you know, no one has flying powers or eye beams
>>
>>54051328
Bruce Willis' mind reading power in that movie is so fucking impractical. Like, how long would he have to stand around on average to, 1) detect a person that has commited a crime, that 2) he can actually act on?
>>
>>54051367
It's been ages since I've seen the movie, but I guess if we were going to make it a power in a game, it would start with an initial reaction on touch, and then would take XDY minutes to resolve in the user's mind. So he wouldn't be standing there grabbing some guy for 10 minutes (or would have to deal with whatever consequences if he were to do so...) but would be distant and thoughtful while things untangle in his mind.
>>
>>54029358
>he's still just a dork who doesn't have the guts to ask the woman of his dreams out on a date as Clark Kent.
Dude, Superman's not only married to Lois, he has a son with her.
>>
>>54036963
I like Project Superpowers more.
>>
>>54051425
In the movie, the process of reading minds was pretty much instant. The point is, even if we assume that the world he lives in is filled with scumbags who commit crimes on a daily basis, most of them will be crimes that he can't actually do anything about; such as money laundering, or selling drugs. This is shown in the movie as well as he detects like three or four people who has committed crimes that even if he beat them up for still wouldn't have any evidence that they were responsible for. So the only time type of crime his power is useful for are kidnappings that are happening right at this moment.
>>
>>54051321
I've been hearing edgelords going on about how cool Rorshach is and how they want to be like him since long before the film, so I think it's safe to say that loads of fans completely failed to get the point.

For fuck's sake, the last time I made this point I got a ton of responses from people who didn't even know the full Kitty Genovese story. I'm still wondering if Ron Moore had picked up that it was all bullshit, and chose to base the character on that as a commentary on this sort of hysteria, only to have the whole world go on in believing that bullshit for decades after.
>>
>>54051537
Well, he was also a security guard. Not very glorious, but he has a 100% success rate in turning back scumbags.
>>
>>54051645
He also had never called in sick a single day which he didn't remember for no other reason than that the plot demanded it.
>>
>>54052243
Most people don't keep track of that - the job does it for them. It's a simple, pointless thing to remember....until it's pointed out to you that you have never done it.

Which makes it kind of disturbing to realize, when you are suddenly faced with a simple, pervasive facet of normal life that you have never actually had happen to you.
>>
>>54052366
As a person who very rarely gets sick, I can tell you that, yes, I do remember exactly how long it's been since I did it the last time. I take pride in it.
>>
>>54052243
>>54052366
Yeah, I couldn't tell you off the top of my head how long it is since I was last ill, either.
>>54052655
Good for you. I'm reasonably sure you're the exception, though.
>>
>>54030971
The Amazing Speed Wolf slips on his 6 foot long dong, impales his disgusting sweaty fursuit onto a traffic sign pole, dies.
>>
>>54031285
>pic
Is this Lloyd Irving's biography?
>>
>>54053317
A long sword is better than a short sword, Lloyd. Your shitty daggers are trash.
>>
>>54054054
Technically, those swords are pretty long. Could be longer, sure. But they're certainly not short. And they're certainly not daggers.

The real problem is dual-wielding two weapons of similar length. Just fucking get a buckler. Or a dagger. Or a tomahawk. Or a gun.
>>
>>54054727
He has two of them. That mean he hits twice as hard. This is simple math,
>>
>>54024257
it think by default:
a) they would have to balance their vigilantism with their day job and other social commitments
b) they would be persecuted by the law enforcement groups of any sane country

after that most other things are conditional to the power level
Superman/Hulk/Dr. Manhattan level beings would be considered a threat to humanity regardless of their reiterated support in favor of law and justice. Some governments MIGHT try to possess/coherce them into service using their technology and intelligence agencies, but some other would just band together and try to erradicate them and prevent any new ones from popping up.
Wolverine/Spider Man/Bane level fuckers will be imprisoned and experimented with unless their types of powers are common place and well understood, which would make them quite un-extraordinary as Syndrome explained in the incredibles. otherwise they would need to lay low, not engage in cape stuff, probably move to a third world country where actions against them might be delayed or too clumsy too ever catch up with them
Batman is his own thing and there is copious material covering what would happen if dudes like him went vigilante in the real world. bang bang motherfucker

I personally think the idea of 'realistic' super heroes and super villains is more interesting in a post apo world, since the number of people has probably diminished a lot, feaudalism might be on the rise, and there are not institutions strong enought to prevent a random vigilante, of any power level, from doing his/her thing
>>
>>54054867
I know you're memeing but still...
Attacking twice as fast just means you die twice as fast.
A melee fight is about attacking AND defending.
>>
>>54054991
You don't need to defend if everyone around you is dead
>>
>>54024257
Basically there's a series of questions to ask yourself.
How powerful are the supers?
How far into the past did they start appearing?
How widespread are supers in the population?
How subtle are their powers?

If the answer to any of these is "very," then the supers are (possibly just controlling) the government. Being born/made a super is synonymous with becoming a first class citizen. You might see things like House of M where you have royal houses of supers in control of different governments, and popular heroes being celebrities/movie stars/icons and so on.

Otherwise, you'll probably end up with supers as enhanced trouble-shooters/law enforcement/military/intelligence agents.

Supers as a burgeoning population, policing their own in a vaguely superhero/villain way. Bank robbers as villains early on, then supremacists and wannabe dictators later.

Or supers as their own micro-government/secret society that is acting in order to keep itself from being discovered by the mundanes.

Honestly, most of what you'd want you could probably find in one Super Sentai series or the other. They've been going at it long enough that finding one to model your creation after wouldn't be too tough. Just arduous to slog through.

Last time I used MnM to create a supers setting, I went for a regimented feudal/caste society, where eugenics, science-freaks and totemic spiritual pacts produced the elite nobles/warriors/leaders; sorcerers and tinkers were a merchant/artisan class; and the peasants were mundanes, experiments or byproducts of the upper castes. A cyborg populist movement in the west and a vampiric anarchist movement in the south were pressing concerns if one wasn't totally enraptured in the current house politics.
>>
>>54025203
>reconstruction
>Expy
Fuck off TV Tropes, you ruined modern writing
>>
File: BnHA Olympics.png (47KB, 737x356px) Image search: [Google]
BnHA Olympics.png
47KB, 737x356px
>>54048111
>>54049267

It hints at a large death toll following the emergence of quirks, and the man who injured All Might was a warlord during that time.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te-tKEoBkt4
>>
>>54046783
It's good, but be warned that the climax of the manga (so far) holds itself back by not killing off All Might, which kills the tension that had been driving it until then. The way it throws away the perfect timing for it is commented on by All for One, but even if the author's self aware about it doing the series' turning point halfway where it should have been the largest Oh Shit moment you could imagine happening in the series is a large turn off
>>
File: frnXxyM.gif (5MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
frnXxyM.gif
5MB, 500x282px
>>54024257
you should ask /co/ about this, too
imo, superheroes would likely be employed/controlled by governments; you can't just have superbeings just wandering around willy nilly, in which case they may well have fancy costumes (like how they wanted to brand the heroes in Hancock), if not something akin to police uniforms. if not, they would wear whatever they wanted (like >>54024333), which in some cases may include fancy costumes

>>54027018
i think the problem with Unbreakable in this context is that it doesn't have several heroes knocking about with the world aware of them; iirc bruce willis' character doesn't even know he has superpowers
>>
>>54054991
A good offense is the best defense.
>>
>>54051321
It's a criticism of Cold War politics and culture. Thinking it's a criticism of the silver age is a laughably shallow take.
>>
>>54047187
looks like WataMote
>>
>>54060974
>Thinking it's a criticism of the silver age is a laughably shallow take.
The Cold War criticism is, if anything, even shallower seeing as one of the main plot points of the comic is the doomsday clock and imminent war with the Soviet, though it isn't incorrect.
>>
>>54054970
This is basically it, DESU.

Getting into fights as much as the average "unpowered" superhero does would fuck your body to pieces within weeks or months, if not less.

If you're not fighting directly and solving crime other ways, you're a private detective or something. You're talking more "noir in real life" than superheroes in real life, then.

Powered heroes are different and it all revolves around where the powers are from. Lots of superhero stories are basically just urban fantasy; lots of urban fantasy's basically just superhero stories.

>>54057020
If some people are just born "better" than others with laser eyes or some shit, they'll probably attain power (political, military, economic) at a higher rate than non-capes. Codex Alera by Jim Butcher has a good example of this: furycrafting is hereditary to some extent so all the noble families are also Ultra Wizards that can potentially regenerate from ballista wounds and being bisected.

If powers are a new thing (eg. X-Men) then there'll be massive social upheaval.

If they're ancient, society as we know may not exist.
>>
>>54028521

The cat is bulletproof, too, right?
>>
File: 1494881318061.jpg (46KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
1494881318061.jpg
46KB, 800x500px
>>54028521
>THE ENTIRE CARTRIDGE
LEFTIST COMIKEKS HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING
>>
>>54046783
Just don't go into it with the expectation for the MC to turn into batman just because he's smart, and you'll be fine. The Author of the manga is a giant westaboo and has a whole lot of western superhero figurines too.
>>
>>54057648
Pretty sure the large death toll is outright stated at one point. 1st there was glowy baby, 2nd there were more powers, 3rd there was anarchy, 4th there was symbol of peace / Golden age (I think is the term) making society safe again.

>>54059363
I kind of liked it to be honest. With recent developments regarding his health, I'm optimistic the idea will be back later and be properly reflected upon.
Thread posts: 301
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.