[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If one of your players passes away, is it okay to continue the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: empty chair.jpg (8KB, 575x251px) Image search: [Google]
empty chair.jpg
8KB, 575x251px
If one of your players passes away, is it okay to continue the campaign? Should you make a new party? Just start a completely new campaign in a new setting altogether?
>>
>>54016053
that's a toughie
>>
Depends on the......

(Anyone?)
>>
>>54016053
I suggest a short break(more than 2 weeks but less than a month), if anybody asks say that their former character left to continue their lives in whatever way you think the character would have, and try to continue.
>>
>>54016053
The Deedlit standard should suffice.

Go through the motions of mourning, but make sure to pawn their gear.
>>
>>54016231
>Depends on the......
Circumstances.

>>54016053
Talk it out with the party. Ultimately it's something the gaming group should form a consensus on, and the right answer will change from group to group.
>>
File: 1497512532541.jpg (57KB, 604x409px) Image search: [Google]
1497512532541.jpg
57KB, 604x409px
>>54016053
Dunno, I can only really tell you what I do and hope it helps you parse out what is right for you.

I think I'd have their character go down in combat bravely, but within reason for their character, saving the party or something suitably heroic. Then do something in the game world to make sure their remembered, build a statue in the town square or have a portrait commissioned of the players character with the rest of the party sitting in the party HQ.

Maybe have something like that commissioned in real life and then printed and framed professionally for everyone in the group.

Either way, sorry for your loss anon.
>>
There is an empty chair,
at the table this day.
A hallowed place where,
a friend once played.
The roll of his dice,
my ears long to hear.
Or perhaps it would suffice,
if he should suddenly appear.
With character sheet in hand,
and a bag of Cheeze-doodles to share.
All his friends would stand,
as he sat in the empty chair.
I hear his voice a-callin’,
and it ties my heart in a knot.
For he cries, “Though a comrade has fallen,
You must play for those who cannot.”
We conquered worlds on the run,
he and I in the name of fun.
And as others may come and go,
I make both friend and foe.
But what I long for most,
is our past now long a ghost.
>>
>>54016053
That's something that belongs in their will.

Continue, for their sake. Kill their character off, and either frame or burn their character sheets. Maybe even bury it with them.
Do you bury someone with their dice?
Do you cremate the dice as well, or mix them into the ashes?
Do you split them amongst the party like loot?
>>
>>54016053
How long has it run, and how well did you know them? If there's a good opportunity to have their character go out in a respectful way that all the players agree to, I dont see why if your really wanted to you couldnt carry on.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.