[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /tg/, I'm worldbuilding a zombie scenario. Suppose a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: state of decay us unlocked.jpg (53KB, 797x447px) Image search: [Google]
state of decay us unlocked.jpg
53KB, 797x447px
Hey /tg/, I'm worldbuilding a zombie scenario. Suppose a group of survivors went to pillage your home. What would they find?

Do you stockpile food, in special dry or canned? Do you have weapons or potential ones? Medicine? Other useful stuff?
>>
>>54014353

My home?

I have a ton of home canned jams, as it's a hobby of mine. Other canned food, mostly beef stews and smoked oysters, along with salt and vinegar potato chips. I just have a basic first aid kit, bandages and rubbing alcohol. Tons of allergy medicine.

The only other thing of note is a bunch of swords, as well as handforged knives as Blacksmithing is another hobby. A .45 Colt 1911, about a box of ammo, and a cheap Chinese made shotgun loaded with bean bags for repelling bears.
>>
My home in Aussie land

Compound longbow
Machete
Various knives
Not much food to speak of that would last very long other than some cereal.
Clothing
Camping gear
Toiletries
>>
Zombies at honestly a pretty fucking terrible campaign premise. They get boring very quickly and characters can just run and hide on rooftops then go down the other side once the zombies lose interest. And so on ad nauseam. The only real fun part of a zombie campaign is if there are girls you can describe their characters getting slowly ripped apart by the zombies when they did, but that tends to make them leave the group. Really though, zombies are trash tier and over done as fuck. If you can't come up with your own campaign setting that is original and hasnt been done , you really shouldn't even bother GMing. Cliches need to be avoided at all costs or else they will destroy your campaign.
>>
>>54014552

I would probably not take advice from Cannibal Jones here.
>>
>>54014353
Depends on whether the ATF are reading this thread or not.
>>
>>54014552
>They get boring very quickly and characters can just run and hide on rooftops then go down the other side once the zombies lose interest.
t. John who became a zombie
>>
Provided I hadn't taken a thing for myself before I left or died, you could loot my house for:

20-30 individual "meals" worth of canned foods and other preserves.

5-10 "meals" worth of boxed or bagged snacks and dried foods.

1 refrigerator's worth of waters, beers, sodas and other drinks.

>Three antique rifles and an antique shotgun with a box of ammo apiece.
>>
Assuming that I did not bug out with as much stuff as my family and I could feasibly carry:

Weaponry - Machete, kukri, tomahawk, several various types of knives, gardening tools.

Kitchen - Canned/sealed jars of food for a couple of people for a couple of weeks. Mostly soup and spaghetti. Some dry pasta, rice, flour, baking stuff all in sealed plastic containers. Couple of tins of powdered baby formula. Most of our food keeps for at least a few weeks, maybe even for months or longer if the power goes out (exceptions obviously being meat and veg in the fridge and freezer). Long life milk, up to 10 cartons. Exact amount depends how soon after payday the happening happened, and how long after that the survivors find the house (with dry packaged food degrading due to rats/roaches chewing through it). A little alcohol like vodka. Plastic water bottles.

Camping/survival gear - tent, tarps, rope, cord and wire of a few types, sleeping bags, compasses, steel toe boots. CB radio. Parkas/cold weather clothing for a temperate winter, lots of odd woolen socks. Some ex-army and hunting quality gear - webbing, camo clothing & army fatigues, backpacks. Sets of overalls including a nomex flight suit, nomex gloves. S10 gas mask, one filter. GP-5 gas mask, no filter. Bike helmets, one non-functioning bike (could be repaired).
Hardware - duct tape, glues (PVA, epoxy, cyanoacrylic), hand tools, multi-tools, shitty power drill with a crap battery. AA/AAA batteries.
Sewing machine, assorted sewing crap, fabric.

Many books. Some potentially desirable in a PA situation depending how society's going or rebuilding - science textbooks, cookbooks, monster manuals.
Medicine - some prescription painkillers, off the shelf painkillers/anti-inflammatory, bandages, first aid kit, some disinfectants.
Chemicals - bleach, rat bait, de-greasers, paints.
>>
>>54014353
They find enough rifles to outfit a whole platoon, but not enough ammo load even half of them
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.