[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you use sites like Obsidian Portal for managing your campaign,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

Do you use sites like Obsidian Portal for managing your campaign, or just notebooks?

What's the best way to organize all the GM's shit?
>>
File: CAT.jpg (411KB, 718x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CAT.jpg
411KB, 718x1024px
>>53992964
Is there any good wiki software for campaigns?
>>
The fact that Obsidian Portal makes you pay extra money to make your campaign journal not available to the public really grinds my gears
>>
>>53993123
Gotta feed the kids somehow, I guess.

It's their markup that bugs the hell out of me, but I just use the free version anyhow.
>>
>>53992964
I do use Obsidian Portal for all my players' benefit. It helps to catalogue the important NPCs and recurring villains' stats, if they remember to note it down then brownie points for them.

I don't mind the fact that free users' campaigns are made public. I mean who's gonna look them up and post/share them anywhere?
>>
>>53992964
I have one small binder that i have printed the calander out and put inside, as it gets used and passed around a lot between me and the players to mark down what has happened and make plans for the future. I then have a much bigger binder that has the random encounter tables, notes on people and places, dungeons and all that stuff that rarely changes. Lastly i have a notebook which everything and anything can be written in and try to bring with me everywhere I can. It ranges from notes like "player x owes the hedge witch" to ideas that come upon me in the moment. It acts like a refernce i can look over in prep to gather all my thoughts i may have forgotten.
>>
>>53992964
That site looks like shit.

I keep my notes on Google docs. I mostly play online so it's a simple matter to update shit as needed and distribute it to players.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.