[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Lore General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 64

Balgurff's Niece edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[UESRPG - P&P RPG] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] http://www.imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] http://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] http://www.elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.
No waifus/husbandos

Previous Kalpa: >>53851792
>>
>>53982743
I've been away from this threads for a few months, but I've been itching to come back for some more TeS comfyness lately.
Anything interesting happened here recently? Any new memes or projects?
>>
File: 1485110248418.jpg (19KB, 297x138px) Image search: [Google]
1485110248418.jpg
19KB, 297x138px
Threadly reminder that the following make up the best possible sequel to TES
>game set in whole of Hammerfall, Daggerfall as a more traditional Breton city-state, Wayrest as a cosmopolitan center of authority, Balfiera as an independent elysium full of magic and embassies since this is where most of Tamriel-scale politics take place under the protection(and espionage) of the Direnni, and finally Anvil
>first expansion set in Falinesti, continuing the main quest, dealing with the consequences of the finale of main quest
>second expansion set in Stros M'kai, a more free questline concerning the Sload and mysteries of Pyandonea
>protagonist is a natural sword singer, trained to become an Ansei in order to lead Hammerfell to victory
>background conflict is Crowns(complete independence), some Forebears(become Imperial) and other Forebears(independent Hammerfell but in peace with the Dominion)
>lots of political intrigue going on, involving Crowns vs. Forebears pirates, warlords, mayors, industrialists
>redguard religion fully represented with its own variations
>ash'abah, reachmen and horse tribes are fully represented
>lots of dwemer ruins in Hammerfell
>travel system like in old Fallouts with randomly generated wilds offers a chance to get involved in random encounters
>all the crazy fashion, culture and architecture of these locations, updated from their TES2 versions. clothing and armor options are plentiful and charismatic.
>trade, political play and naval combat are meaningful game mechanics
>firearms and cannons are used, especially by forebear militia and legion
>crossbows, spears and other goodness
>melee combat has a duel function where you follow an enemy and interactively parry/block; like an ass.creed in fps, making the action more exciting for consoles
>main quest pits you as the new HoonDing,a swordsinger trained by the Ansei, you must save Hammerfell from Sep and some well meaning but mistaken Dwemer scholars(led by a rogue Psijic)
>>
>>53983271
>sword singer
stopped reading there
>>
What
is
CHIM
?
>>
File: 1495926110352.png (442KB, 561x322px) Image search: [Google]
1495926110352.png
442KB, 561x322px
>>53982943
>new memes
>>
>>53983271
why do people want the next game to be in niggerville so badly
and even worse with the swordsinging, treating it like its shouting with 'WE WUZ KANGZ' mixed in
>>
>>53983271
Shut it. Next game is Goldcoast, Southern Hammerfell and Northern Valenwood to details a new war between the Dominion and the Empire.

Daily reminder that Homebrew TES adventures are the best thing you can do if you know the lore. You can be unoriginal as fuck as a DM, the lore does your job.
>>
>>53984756
walk like a god and reshape the land
>>
https://uestrpg.wixsite.com/home

May I ask why this isn't in the OP?
>>
>>53985149
Because that's not what it is.
At all.
>>
>>53985149
This poster is a right-wing SJW.

He is just as bad as left-wing SJWs.

He does not care about the actual quality of a game.

He merely cares about his agenda.

Do not let him into your hobby.
>>
>>53983271
>natural born sword-singer
>firearms and cannons
Sounds like cancer senpai
>>
File: lexicon.png (355KB, 525x525px) Image search: [Google]
lexicon.png
355KB, 525x525px
Hey, tarot anon from kalpas past here. This project has made me feel way more obsessed and crazy than usual. I decided to go with Zurin Arctus as Card I. The Magician (or in this case, "The Mage") has a table/altar with 4 objects/artifacts representing the 4 suites: the Sword, the Staff, the Pentacle, and the Chalice. These themselves symbolizing Air/Reason, Fire/Will, Earth/Material, and Water/Emotion respectively. Finding suitable TES analogs for the sword and staff are easy-peasy, lemon-squeezy (Chrysamere and the Staff of Magnus), but the other two suits have proven to be way more difficult to deal with.

Looking for the Pentacle, I combed through every amulet and ring in every game and only found the Necromancer's Amulet to be somewhat fitting, but I really was not satisfied with using it. It didn't seem appropriate to me, so I considered different options. The pentacle is a physical object inscribed or imbued with markings/energies with the intent to invoke some power within. It's a representation of the innate power in the material form we all have. Colossal soul gems, Great Welkynd Stone, and sigil stones seemed like they could be good matches, until I remembered the lexicons. They're objects literally inscribed with mystic intent, but their function is more to hold knowledge and memories. Memory! Like water! The lexicon now was an option for both the Chalice and Pentacle. If I place it as the chalice, a Great Welkynd might fit as the pentacle, but if I use it for the other, I wouldn't know what to use for the chalice. Azura's Star or some soul gem? It would make sense for Zurin to be working with these things during his Mantella/Numidium research.

Also, what would yall think his altar would look like? Ayleid-like? Dwemeri?
>>
File: 4920410-1402287213.jpg (601KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
4920410-1402287213.jpg
601KB, 1280x720px
A friend of mine came up with this autistic idea for a story

>Teldrasil and the entity of the Night elf race is teleported to Morrowind, between Solstheim and Skyrim prior to WoA aftermatch
>is Tamirel Pre-Arena Circa 3E368 when Uriel VII became the emperor
>The Elves shows up as diplomats, pleading refuge and allegiance, as long as they learn more about this new world, they are experts in alchemy and herbs, also great archers, they are masters in illusion and restoration skills.
>NEs are far more suitable vessels for Hircine's Werebeasts experiments due to their nature and being greatly easy to corrupt with power, and Druidism(which may interest him a lot)
>They have a long lifespan on par with Altmer(1000 years old without magic)
>They are also long and forgotten Mer who ended up stranded in azeroth, they simply came back "home"

his idea was how they would influence the Empire and Tamriel during this time, from Arena til Skyrim, if everything would continue the same, or the events would be slightly changed for a "better or worse" outcome

also how the Named characters from the NE race would fare on this new strange and familiar world
>>
File: activated lexicon.png (96KB, 186x218px) Image search: [Google]
activated lexicon.png
96KB, 186x218px
>>53985989
What is the relationship between the lexicons and the Dwemer puzzle box
>>
File: 0vj19Xz.jpg (126KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
0vj19Xz.jpg
126KB, 500x500px
>>53983271
>firearms and cannons

Ew.

>duel function where you follow an enemy and interactively parry/block

So what, I fight enemies one at a time and don't ever really have to worry about getting overwhelmed? I'm supposed to be a sword-singer, where's my cool sword-singing moves that lets me take on plenty of guys at once?

>trade, political play and naval combat are all meaningful game mechanics

What does that even mean? I think you're trying to put too much into one game, especially when you also want representation of various factions, and have to include some sort of main questline where you're supposed to unite Hammerfell (not Hammerfall). People don't go into TES to be a merchant or sail a ship, and you can't have such fully fleshed-out sidequests without getting in the way of what you're trying to make the main story.

If you want Assassins Creed 4: Tamriel, that's fine, but that's not what I want.
>>
File: fool.jpg (55KB, 469x739px) Image search: [Google]
fool.jpg
55KB, 469x739px
>>53985989
Don't know much about tarot, but wouldn't the mantella itself be a good chalice? Especially since it's Zurin we're talking about.
>>
>>53986605
>People don't go into TES to be a merchant or sail a ship
I'd love to be able to do that.
>>
>>53985355
but its what people try to make it, like >>53983271 straight up says 'natural born sword singer trained by ansei' which isnt too different from the skyrim dragonborn
>>53985454
leftwing sjws co opted this series from the start, read some of mks old forum posts he was a white supporter of the black fucking panthers and it influenced the writing he did for tes:redguard
>>53986041
could be a good setup for a homebrew campaign
>>
>>53986041
Terrible, Anon. Terrible.
Crossovers are inherently autistic.
>>
>>53985989
Magician in tarot represents the spheres of intelligence and logic, so I would go with Dwemeri aesthetics
>>
Anyone else feel too lazy to make the threads? I used to post the friday thread for a couple months.
>>
>>53988667

yep

/tg/ dies sometimes
>>
File: 200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png (27KB, 200x266px) Image search: [Google]
200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
27KB, 200x266px
Which one of the great houses of Morrowind is best and why it is Telvanni
>>
>>53988667
Well when threads last until thursday, doesn't really make sense to rush and make a thread just a day later
>>
>>53989052
Imagine not turning yourself into a legless, levitating crustacean wizard jackoff.
Nothing to do but laze about in your NEETshroom, unlocking the secrets of the arcane and fucking with your servants
>>
Just saw on PCG that some redditor's throwing a shitstorm because the dragons in the cardgame are 4-legged and "TES' dragons are 2-legged with wings ONLY K". It really did read like Skyrim was this complainer's first foray, but are any old fogeys around that remember whether dragons were always 2-legs back to the cameos in the older games?
>>
>>53989492
The statue in ebonheart only has two legs
>>
>>53989581
truth, forgot about that one.
there's all of one pic of Redguard's Nafaallilargus on the uesp, and it doesn't show enough to tell. google to the rescue.
looks like he was 2-legs too.
goddamnit Todd, read a book.
>>
File: arena0.png (78KB, 639x480px) Image search: [Google]
arena0.png
78KB, 639x480px
>>53989492
I think i took this screenshot on the crypt of hearts, but i don't remember...
>>
File: 1450045587952.jpg (3MB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
1450045587952.jpg
3MB, 2480x3508px
>>53989052
That's not Redoran.
>>
>>53984756

Metaphysical self-realization achieved by eliminating body thetans.
>>
>>53989342
>Nothing to do but laze about in your NEETshroom, unlocking the secrets of the arcane and fucking with your servants

Literal heaven.
>>
File: Daggerfall Crest.png (7KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Daggerfall Crest.png
7KB, 256x256px
>>53989492
All I know is that Nafaalilargus and the Avatar of Akatosh were both two-legged. However, the four-legged dragon was a symbol at times...
>>
>>53989805
See, I might disagree with you, but at least neither of us are Hlaalu.
>>
>>53989492
After an intense 5 minutes of googling I can tell you that the guy sort of has a point as Peryite is the only dragon with four legs
>>
>>53982943
Remember the Winterwound Tribunal? I left the caps on a dead computer.
>>
>>53985149
Curved. Swords.
But seriously, because it's comparatively exotic, it'll sell like bacon in 2013 with all the racial controversy false flagging, and it might advance the story towards the Thalmor defeat.
Not to mention they can half-ass with Skyrim assets because Hammerfell had dwemer, they can do a Malacath-oriented DLC (ORSINIUM!), and who doesn't like samurai bedouins that are half Arabian Nights and half Arabian Days Inn?
>inb4 niggers
Khajiit are in Elsweyr, retard.
>>
>>53983271
>sequel

Reminder that TES VI will be even more stripped-down than Skyrim was.

It won't have a skill system. Every starting character will be adept at doing everything, with a perk system just adding bonuses. There will be no difference between races except for a single perk.

Magicka and Stamina will be merged into a single stat. Magic will be based around 12 different spells (that's spells total, not magical effects) with the ones from Skyrim deemed by the 13yr old Cawadoody demographic to be useless and boring, like Detect Life and Light, being removed.

The game will add 'guns' in the form of wands and staves that work just like F4 guns and use soulgems as ammo. These will be the most effective way of attacking, with melee relegated to killing rats and other pests to save ammo.

Armour and clothes will be all-in-one sets without individual pieces. Rings and amulets will be merged into a single 'talisman' slot in a Diablo 2 style inventory. Carry weight will be eliminated as will encumberance.

Mods will only be available via Steam. Nexus et al will be DMCAed if they host free mods. Each mod will cost between $1 and $5. Modders will get paid 15% of that. The term 'mod' will be replaced with 'user-generated DLC'.
>>
File: thumb-1920-588687.jpg (284KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
thumb-1920-588687.jpg
284KB, 1920x1080px
Post comfy Cyrodiil
>>
File: 1435654102297.jpg (95KB, 960x480px) Image search: [Google]
1435654102297.jpg
95KB, 960x480px
>>53990253
>mods will only be available via Creation Kit

ftfy

>>53990283
Am I the only one that liked Cyrodiil as it ended up? It was cheap, sure, but I doubt they could have really pulled off the exotic picture they'd painted pre-Oblivion, and at least the cities had a sense of scale.
>>
File: cyrodiil.png (2MB, 1690x990px) Image search: [Google]
cyrodiil.png
2MB, 1690x990px
>>53990283
>>
>>53990335

They could easily have pulled it off with the same game engine. Southern Nibenay was already basically a sub-tropical rainforest. Exotic clothing and tatoos, a clear difference between Colovia and Nibenay, MW/Skyrim style Legion gear, more interesting architecture, a more vibrant merchant quarter, lots or religious cults - all that would be simple, it's just a matter of art direction.

Instead they went for a completely middle-of-the-road Eurofantasy setting full of fat elves talking to chinless humans about the mudcrabs they saw the other day. Bethesda wanted a nice pastoral landscape to contrast with the fire and machinery of Mehrunes Sauron and try to be in the same light as the recent LotR films.

There were some parts of the game that were pretty - elven ruins, the look of the Imperial City, the Gold Coast. They were pretty but still boring. Literally the one and only creatively interesting part in the entirety of Oblivion was the Shivering Isles, which I believe was actually made by a different team to the main game.
>>
>>53990253
>>
>>53990253

go back to /v/ and /tesg/ you circlejerk asshole

>>53986041

sounds good, but it would be the same shit, only that Tamriel has now a new Mer Race that inst a utter dick, unless you're magic wielder like the Altmer.
>>
File: dom-death.jpg (141KB, 700x420px) Image search: [Google]
dom-death.jpg
141KB, 700x420px
>>53990253
>>
>>53990253
You forgot

>Voiced Redguard protagonist
>>
File: 1458403455778.jpg (869KB, 3600x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1458403455778.jpg
869KB, 3600x1500px
Any idea who's going to be doing the concept art for the next game?
>>
>>53991333
Man, one thing I really miss about all these tall things in the world is being able to get on top of them.
Looking up is nice, but looking down gives a whole different perspective on height.
>>
>>53991532
You are the reason games suck.
>>
>>53990283
That wall is too high, that city would a dark and moist pity for most of the day.
>>
>>53991565
Care to elaborate on that? I don't see how being restricted on where you can go somehow makes a game better.
>>
>>53991616
Climbing on top of buildings that offer real and viable means to complete an objective is good, welcome addition to game-play. There is nothing to be added by climbing every last detail, like the walls of the Imperial City. Climbing things for a 'view' in video games is redundant and of no major worth.
>>
>>53984756
The final secret of Scientology.
>>
>>53991673
Am I being memed?
Surely you don't believe limiting player control is a good thing, where exploration should only be possible for quest-related reasons?
Hell, you don't have to just climb, you could jump or levitate there too.
>>
>>53991673
You're the reason we don't have Mark, Recall, Levitate or Jump any more, and you're also the reason Solitude is smaller than Balmora.
>>
File: 5sbcjegEv1rk4kk5o5_500.jpg (28KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
5sbcjegEv1rk4kk5o5_500.jpg
28KB, 460x276px
>>53991731
>>53991718

No, there was a real need for those spells, the game was largely open world and put together quite easily with insane distances and no means of fast travel. When the game world is simplified beyond reckoning like Oblivion, Skyrim and ESO, there is no objective need, want or reason to climb to the top of the tower or have athletics skill as they are made redundant.

If they are tied in to a realistic gaming experience, like Morrowind, remove the ability to fast travel and actually require the need to climb and explore, that stuff is good. Rather than wandering in to generic forest X and finding obligatory quest dungeon, doing that and fast travelling their and back.
>>
>>53991894
So I'm not allowed to travel vertically because later games made traveling horizontally instantaneous?
Excuse me?
>>
File: billy_gibbons.jpg (152KB, 1008x677px) Image search: [Google]
billy_gibbons.jpg
152KB, 1008x677px
>>53991952
You can't travel vertically because you're fat.
>>
>>53991977
FUCK
>>
File: 1477641593215.png (96KB, 204x345px) Image search: [Google]
1477641593215.png
96KB, 204x345px
Why are manmer mongrels so damn great?
>>
File: daggerfall breaking in.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
daggerfall breaking in.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>53991952
Not that anon, but the way I see it, in Morrowind you had legitimate reasons for trying to get higher at certain points - a lot of buildings would have an upper entrance, or even just getting the stuff in the tree stump in Sedya Neen would require a little jumping or falling from the lighthouse. Sometimes there'd be a cliff or something, and I'd go 'wouldn't it be easier to jump up than try to find the proper entrance?' And these were devs not to far gone from Daggerfall and its ideas of being athletic, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were working off that model somewhat.

But games like Oblivion and Skyrim, they obviously wanted to cut that out a bit. I can't be sure why - maybe it was because they wanted more complicated AI than in Morrowind. Even today, NPCs don't know how to jump - followers and chasing enemies wouldn't be able to handle levitation or anything like that. Maybe it was an attempt to limit perception/movement to a certain few angles - if the devs don't want to waste time making sure every rooftop is traversible or every view looks good, they'd probably cut out the middleman, dumb things down so you don't really ever have a need to move vertically much - it's all straightforward, or there's definitely some stairs for you there. And if you still just want to get up there for fun, there's always console commands - but you'd really only do that for the view or if you were going to ignore mechanics anyway, right?
>>
>>53992525
>Good at magic
>Not elves

Their lore is eh, and they are the settings second biggest dorks after Bosmer, but this why I always play one for my mage playthrough.
>>
>>53983271
Doesn't Hammerfall already have its own game
>>
For real though, what gimmick mechanic do you think will replace Dragons and Dragon Shouts in Tes VI? They will have to have something every game now.
>>
is it true that pelinal was made by the altmer because of how badly the thalmor fucked up reality when they "won"?
that's an oversimplification of what i heard, but still
>>
>>53993246
I thought the prevailing theory was that he was sent back in time by Reman Cyrodiil. Ive never heard this one though, sounds interesting.
>>
File: 45960-2-1425694918.jpg (200KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
45960-2-1425694918.jpg
200KB, 1920x1080px
>tfw Imperials are my favorite race
>Cyrodiil and everything related to Imperials are forever going to be known as super generic thanks to Oblivion and beyond
>>
>>53993328
At least they got the Roman flavor back in Skyrim. Is there a lore explanation for the Armor change in Oblivion?
>>
File: Хундинг.jpg (109KB, 760x500px) Image search: [Google]
Хундинг.jpg
109KB, 760x500px
>>53993151
>Hammerfall

Please stop.
>>
>>53993364
There's no lore on the armor change. It's simply a stylistic direction they took for TES IV: H̶i̶g̶h̶r̶o̶c̶k̶ Oblivion

My head canon was that the armor for the legion during the 3rd era was not homogeneous and likely varied depending on the region. That's why in Morrowind you see a lot of different varieties of legion armors. Both to suit operations in different climates and also a pageantry of Imperial wealth to show off to the tribal Dunmer. In Cyrodiil I imagine the legion hadn't faced any large scale insurrection before the Oblivion crisis so the legion fulfilled more of a policing role. Heavy armor made sense in this regard cause a single legionnaire in heavy armor could clear out a bandit den. More about function than form.
>>
File: 1458514673669.jpg (2MB, 4500x3014px) Image search: [Google]
1458514673669.jpg
2MB, 4500x3014px
>>53993364
I don't think one is really ever given. If I had to make a guess - beyond just the bitter idea that they wanted to make things look more like Lord of the Rings - it's because Cyrodiil is the Imperial heartland, and they're going to be greedy and get the best equipment for the Legion that's guarding their province compared to all the rest, giving them plate armor and silver swords.

You could also make an argument that the Legion equipment we see in Morrowind and Skyrim is their 'outlander' outfit, a very visible way of showing an Imperial connection that isn't really needed in Cyrodiil itself - in Skyrim and in Resdayn the Imperials are outsiders and set themselves apart in their loyalties. It's not too strange for foreign occupiers or loyalist forces to want to set themselves apart from anyone else.
>>
>>53993190
Sword Singing, Hist Mutations, etc.

>>53993364
The armor change as not the only major hiccup.
>>
>>53993190
Im hoping for ships and sea monsters

Do you think Bethesda would get in trouble for making a piraty TES?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J5gN1DwNDE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27mB8verLK8
>>
>>53984756
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_mpaF5-SlU
>>
>>53994088
They already made TES: Pirates. It's called "The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard".
>>
>>53983271
Reminder that firearms are unnecessary in Tamriel.
>>
Friendly reminder that Redguards using canons is fucking cannon and makes a lot of sense considering their distrust towards mages.
>>
File: cena.jpg (71KB, 576x648px) Image search: [Google]
cena.jpg
71KB, 576x648px
>>53994608
Friendly reminder that cannons are very rare, handheld guns STILL don't have a place, and getting this buttmad so quickly makes you look like a faggot.
>>
File: balfiera.png (22KB, 885x573px) Image search: [Google]
balfiera.png
22KB, 885x573px
>>53983271
>Balfiera as an independent elysium full of magic and embassies since this is where most of Tamriel-scale politics take place under the protection(and espionage) of the Direnni
This is literally the opposite of what they would do. The Direnni are incredibly isolationist. Balfiera is itself borderline uninhabited.
>>
>>53994608
Ignoring parts of the lore that we don't like is what makes us TES fans.
>>
File: windmill_by_romandubina-db5azv7.jpg (164KB, 1024x541px) Image search: [Google]
windmill_by_romandubina-db5azv7.jpg
164KB, 1024x541px
>>53990283
>>53990335
I would have preferred more varied climates but I don't mind the temperate paradise that is the heartlands
>>
File: He gets it.png (109KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
He gets it.png
109KB, 300x300px
>>53994665
>>
File: vineyard_by_romandubina-db5azp0.jpg (205KB, 1024x541px) Image search: [Google]
vineyard_by_romandubina-db5azp0.jpg
205KB, 1024x541px
>>53994676
>>
I definitely think a return the Iliac Bay would be justified, seeing as how much the games and lore have changed since Daggerfall.

No excuse to not do 2 providences with modern technology. They probably wont though because modern Bethesda is lazy af.
>>
File: watermill_by_romandubina-db5azso.jpg (167KB, 1024x541px) Image search: [Google]
watermill_by_romandubina-db5azso.jpg
167KB, 1024x541px
>>53994684
>>
>>53994608
Yeah I'm looking at this thread with people bitching about canons and I'm like the fuck? It already exists, why are they bitching?
But then I see people upset about hammerfell being niggers and trying to argue removing levitation is a good thing, so I guess we're still pretty /vg/ this weekend.
>>
>>53994684
>>53994721
One thing they need to do in Skyblivion is add some more small settlements and outskirts to cities. Skyrims Cities may have been tiny, but at least people lived and moved about outside the walls.
>>
>>53994733
I personally don't really have a problem with Redguards having rare naval cannons, there's only like two of the bastards in existence. But honestly adding muskets and shit is pretty retarded and unnecessary imo.
>>
>>53994790
>Redguards having rare naval cannons, there's only like two of the bastards in existence
No.
>adding muskets and shit is pretty retarded and unnecessary
Yes.
>>
>>53994806
I'd think that only really rich and successful sailing companies and pirate bands would have access to cannons.
>>
>>53994790
I think people don't understand learning magic, like learning anything, is fucking hard.
While I don't think they would be widespread like what happens in irl gun history, since we already have crossbows and canons, I could definitely see guns being like a highclass luxury item, each being unique since there's no standardization and would be a mix of said crossbows and canons.
>>
>>53994733
>trying to argue removing levitation is a good thing
No, my happiness about this thread just died
>>
>>53994862
Lore aside, historically accurate firearms would not fit in with the gameplay of TES at all. Guns work in a setting made for strategy and wargames, not so much for solo adventuring. And more modern or steampunk magic ones would just be stupid.
>>
>>53994897
>And more modern or steampunk magic ones would just be stupid.
I don't know if you've ever played skyrim, but staves in that game are quite literally magic guns.
>>
>>53994897
Maybe not rifles. But a brace of pistols as a "daedric" equivalent? Fire once each, then they take a billion years to reload. But they're pretty good at killing armored foes.

Also this>>53994915
>>
File: ;(.jpg (32KB, 462x534px) Image search: [Google]
;(.jpg
32KB, 462x534px
>>53994862
I don't know man. For some reason the existence of firearms in the universe at all would just make me uncomfortable. I don't know if anyone else feels the same way, but the looming threat of TES becoming like WoW in that case rustles my jimmies.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (223KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
223KB, 1440x900px
>>53994915
>>53994924

I meant shit like this, not staffs that shoot fireballs

And you cant really have pistols without rifles, and bethesda has never been one to include a weapon in the game thats not intended for the player to use.
>>
>>53994925
No, I get not liking firearms in tes. Until technology or them vastly improves, they're simply inferior in pretty much every circumstance to magic.
What I'm taking issue with is people like
>>53994636
acting like dickheads because they forgot canons are cannon, but instead of admitting they fucked up, they try and paint the other guy as "buttmad" like this is /v/ or something and they must protect their precious anon identity.
I don't want guns to be prominent in tes. But that doesn't make them impossible. It just makes them redundant at best, inferior most likely.
>>
We'll never see cannons again or any firearm for that matter. Tamriel is in a state of decline and no technological advances are being made.
>>
>>53994977
>that awkward moment when the anon you're agreeing with is the same anon you disagree with
>>
File: DB-creature-Dwarven_Ballista[1].jpg (1MB, 1050x1050px) Image search: [Google]
DB-creature-Dwarven_Ballista[1].jpg
1MB, 1050x1050px
>>53994969
That's really more of an armcanon, or a magically empowered portable ballista, maybe 5th era technology?
That's way too much for even an endgame boss weapon, at least for tes. Even miraak's weapon loot was still a sword.
>>
I'm more than okay with Nigguards using cannons and primitive hand bombards to offset their lack of magic firepower.
>>
>>53995031
More like the primitive shit that LotR Uruks have?
>>
Vampires have superhuman physical ability in TES, right?
>>
>>53995081
Yes, In Morrowind and Oblivion they gained a boost to Strength, Willpower, and Speed, as well as a number of skills. IIrc you could go over the maximums with this, so they really could be superhuman.
>>
>>53995081
They're quite powerful, but not quite superhuman IIRC.
>>
File: 1489619664515.jpg (149KB, 500x608px) Image search: [Google]
1489619664515.jpg
149KB, 500x608px
>>53995103
>>53995107
What if some extremely old vampire mage used Fortify Speed? What would you even do?
>>
>>53995141
UUHH DRAIN ATTRIBUTE QUICK
>>
>>53995141
Jack off before I die
It's not like I can do anything else really
>>
>>53995141
FUCKING THRALLS AT THE SPEED OF DEATH

HERE TO FIGHT ANY CRIME

THE HERO OF TAMRIEL: FASTULA
>>
>>53995141
https://www.fanfiction.net/Sonic-the-Hedgehog-and-Castlevania-Crossovers/253/513/
>>
>>53995320
>Sonicvania Aria of Sorrow.
>Sonic and Ami are sucked inside a solar eclipse and into Dracula's castle. Sonic must fight his way through the castle. What dark secrets will he uncover; perhaps something about himself that even he doesn't know.
>SonicxOC.
>>
How did Jungle Cyrodill looked like and worked really? I mean, a dense tropical jungle is rather a shitty place for a capital of Empire and centre of civilization.
>>
>>53995506
Not only that, but Imperial culture REALLY doesn't fit well with a jungle.
Like, why the fuck are you pale, wearing steel plate and speaking with an English accent if you come from ooga-booga land?
>>
File: malaria survivor.jpg (70KB, 1300x957px) Image search: [Google]
malaria survivor.jpg
70KB, 1300x957px
>>53995506
Glad I didn't have to say it.
>>
>>53995506
The Hearthland was still open fertile fields, with vegetation becomes denser going south and sparser going north. They were going for an Ankor or Khmer with a Roman/European look with the rivers playing a big role in transport.
>>
>>53995540
>pale
Fucking brown!
>>
>>53995566
Honestly that doesn't sound that much different then what we got. The south is swampy jungle in oblivion. Only real difference is the large temperate forest north of the imperial city.
>>
File: um no try again sweetie.jpg (145KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
um no try again sweetie.jpg
145KB, 1000x1000px
>>53995573
Are you sure?
>>
>>53995597
Fucking Nord mixing Colovian scum! REEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: 1461538439960.png (609KB, 578x487px) Image search: [Google]
1461538439960.png
609KB, 578x487px
This whole thread is real autism hours. /tgesg/ is dead. We ought to stop having these threads during the summer.
>>
>>53995620
well do us a favor and kill yourself then.
>>
>>53995586
Climatically pretty much, just change some of the trees in the central part of the map to more jungle-like and it would pretty much be it. The main problem is the cultural change, the Nibenay people were supposed to be based on South-Eastern Asia cultures I think.
>>53995597
That's because of the Skooma. Imperials are supposed to be more mediterranean, Nords are the pale ones.
>>
>>53995620
You know, having CHIM doesn't make you right in every situation. Sometimes, it just makes you an asshole.
>>
>>53995620
>one thread is shit
>ALL THREADS ARE SHIT

You are the actual reason our thread is like this.

Regardless of that.
Is a member of the Imperial Cult in morrowind automatic allowed in facilities of the Imperial Legion? Lore-wise
>>
>>53995620
also nigga
>>
>>53995620
i wanna fuck you
>>
>>53995639
I doubt it. Why would an acolyte or pilgrim be allowed into military facilities just like that?
>>
How is the RP on ESO?
>>
>>53995677
Follw-up question:
How far are the Tribunal Temple and the army facilities of the Imperials intertwined?

Can Vivec send someone in his name and he gains the right of access?
>>
>>53995695
I guess if he has a good reason to do so. He can't just demand access like that because he feels like it, unless he wants to cause a political incident. At least that's what I think, but I don't really know.
>>
>>53991309
>Redguard Lives Matter
>>
>>53995689
Their general would probably know better than this one. I don't know how many that frequent this general also play ESO.
>>
>>53995824
Not much I think. I do, so if anyone has any questions about it, feel free to ask, but I don't think many others play it here.
>>
>>53993736
Stop. It's Hammerfall time
>>
>>53984756
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lyKxKn_WsE
>>
>>53985454
reddit spacing but I do agree
>>
Know its been out for 6 years now, so pretty late to talk about, but was anyone else triggered by the Nords gods being Imperialized? Why was this even done? Was it just so Oblivibabies wouldn't get confused?
>>
File: Wristbow.png (2MB, 1568x724px) Image search: [Google]
Wristbow.png
2MB, 1568x724px
>>53995015
What about wristbows or something similar? Crossbows exist and that's pretty technologically advanced considering everything before them was strung bows.

Realistically the only way they could make something akin to a gun is some kind of magic catalyst that fires quick magic projectiles, like a staff but smaller.
>>
>>53996449
this is done in-universe. Nords are morons and Imperials are, well, imperialist. They have a tendency to export their culture during their reign and take over the political landscape. It also helps that many Nords (not all) of Septim dynasty are Cyrodiil-boos. Besides, Nords still honor their old faith by keeping their most common beliefs like Shor and Sovngarde which don't exist in other pantheons like the way they do for Nords.
>>
>>53996502
Yeah I understand it was done in universe. Its weird that it was done over the 200 years that the empire was at its weakest though. Maybe the Imperial missionary's worked extra hard because of that.
>>
>>53996548
what makes you think the conversion happened between Oblivion and Skyrim?
>>
>>53996563
IIrc We have Nord npcs in both Morrowind and Oblivion referring to the Aedra by their Nordic names, and there were lore books that spoke of them in the present tense.
>>
I can't be the only person who thinks Nords are dogshit. Bunch of knuckle dragging faggots desu
>>
>>53996603
Skyrim made them into boring rude assholes. At least before they were comic relief that could sometimes be cool.
>>
>>53996603
Nords could have been so fucking metal but muh-cartoon Vikings.

They did the same with Imperials.

They did the same with Thalmor.
>>
Would a sword with a fire enchantment just cauterize the wounds it makes?
>>
>>53996649
I just think the whole nordic/viking culture is just sad honestly.

>>53996672
You can't be a nord and not be a cock gobbling faggot
>>
>>53996736
>I just think the whole nordic/viking culture is just sad honestly.

Skyrims Nords aren't even good at this. They are pop culture vikings at their most shallow, baring hardly any resemblance to their source.
>>
>>53996736
>I just think the whole nordic/viking culture is just sad honestly.
Hey, they had great hair care for back in the day. motherfuckers knew how to treat a beard.
>>
File: TR-weapon-Trueflame.jpg (87KB, 665x665px) Image search: [Google]
TR-weapon-Trueflame.jpg
87KB, 665x665px
>>53996678
The sword itself isn't on fire, it just quickly ignites the person, so I'd say more than likely, no.
Now something like Trueflame? Probably.
>>
>Berbers + Carthage + Ottomans = Redguard
>Scandis + Celts = Nords
>Orcs = Orcs
>French + Anglo-saxons = Breton
>Northern Europeans + Rome (+Japanese) = Colovians
>Southern Europeans + Byzantines (+Japanese) = Nibenese
Chinese + Semitic races = Dunmer
>Ancient Mesopotamians + Enlightenment Age Materialism = Dwemer
>Lizardpeople + Aztec(ESO) + Latin American guerilla indigenous people = Argonians
>Arab/Ottoman(in indulgence) + Southeast Asians + Cats + Azura + Neospiritualism of 60s USA = Khajiit
>La Fontaine + Jules Verne + Grimm Bros + Tolkien = Bosmer
>Nazism + Mortality Complex + stuck up Norwegian arrogance = Altmer
>Rome (+Japan) = Empire
>Nazi Party = Thalmor
>Protestant reformists + Francoism = Stormcloaks

How accurate is this?
>>
>>53997720
Bretons very obviously have a Celtic theme, I don't know how you'd mistake that for the (Germanic) Anglo-Saxons.
>>
>>53997720
Meme-tier inaccuracies.
>>
>>53997720
I believe this is very inaccurate. Too much Japan for one.
>>
>>53997720
You realize this is as low as lore discussions get, right?
>>
>>53997739
>warring tiny-ass kingdoms
>cookie cutter European medieval culture

Yeah, they're Anglo-Saxons.
>>
>>53998018
If anything the Nords are Anglo-Saxons like the ones who are colonizing the Reach which is inhabited by the Pict inspired Reachmen. A better comparison for Bretons would be England during the high Middle Ages. At this point England was ruled by French speaking Normans and the Germanic influence wasn't as prominent. Also It's the kingdom of England under kings such as Richard the Lionheart that people imagine stuff like knights and codes of chivalry which is associated with the Bretons in high rock.
>>
>>53992525
The mutts are boring as fuck, and elves are superior
>>
>>53998086
And the tiny ass-kingdoms is still an inspiration for the political state of High Rock, my friend.
>>
>>53985201
So we got a system for this or what? Cuz I'm on board I just don't know what to run it in.
>>
>>53998175
Which DnD version do you want to run?

I'm running my homebrew in a 5e system (((that somehow isn't even linked in this thread)))
>>
>>53985525
Ermergerd cherng!
Fuck off. I'm sorry this didn't dump a load right into your fucking comfort zone. Half the reason this series is starting to go to shit is because it's towing the fucking standard fantasy line so hard it's starting to get more watered down then American Beer.
>>
>>53990253
You're fucking retarded if you think any of those will turn out to be true.
>>
how will factions that were on the verge of dying out in 4e201 (ie; during the events of skyrim) like the thieves guild or dark brotherhood fare after the dragonborn brought them back to greatness?
>>
>>53985271
Probably because I've never seen anyone care, or post about it.

Personally I don't see why I'd ever run TES in any edition of D&D when I know how to play GURPS, and am somewhat familiar with UESRPG. Why use a system like D&D 5E, which a playstyle and identity of its own, instead of a specific TES system or a good generic system?

The real reason is laziness. No one bothers to do anything about the OP.
>>
>>53998965
I understand all kinds of criticism, don't get me wrong, but I was just wondering about it, seeing as it would at least be informative.

Then again, just googling "5e Elder Scrolls" brings it up anyway.

You're a good guy, anon.
>>
>>53989492
The art from Legends isn't really accurate.
I think there was some shit about Khajiit cards being wrong, but I can't remember. Orcs also have a tendency to look terrible. The art is all over the place.

>>53989950
It may also be that whoever created that that heraldry had never seen a Dragon, and sort of just assumed they had four legs.

But, dragons being what they are, there's no reason to assume they HAVE to be bipedal. I don't really see it mattering all that much.

>>53991333
Lederer, presumably. Possibly someone new as well.

Shame really, I don't much care for Lederer's art.

>>53992525
>"What is the thinnest book in the world?"
>"Redguard Heroes of the War of Betony."
Because they're the best at banter.

>>53998999
I'll put it in if I remember it next time I'm making a thread.
I've got nothing against the thing, I just don't particularly care.
>>
>>53997720
Just stop
>>
>>53998018
>warring tiny-ass kingdoms

The Welsh, Irish, and Bretons all had those on some level at various points in their history. Even the last big Welsh resistance against the English was just a guy managing to unite most of Wales' squabbling kingdoms under his banner.

>cookie cutter European medieval culture

Then why even say Anglo-Saxon? Anglo-Saxons have their own thing, it's not like they're generic.
>>
>>53997720

its much easier to see the Tsaesci Akaviri being more Asian (mix of chinese, korean and tokugawa japanese culture) than the dunmer
>>
Is it just me or do the Altmer have Welsh sounding names.
>Elenwen, Curwe, Linwe
>>
>>54000316
welsh is an alien language so it makes sense
>>
>>54000455
>oh boy I can't wait to study magic under Magelord Pwylngirfl of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll-llantysiliogogogoch
>>
>>53995620
>>
File: 1496317418539.jpg (23KB, 432x604px) Image search: [Google]
1496317418539.jpg
23KB, 432x604px
>>53995620
>>
>>53983271
I stopped reading at hammerfell.

Here's what the best possible TES6 would be:

>game set in Valenwood
>Entire map is designed with verticality in mind, with massive trees requiring platforming to navigate, and layers to the forest: Canopy layer, brush layer, and underground root system layer.
>plot is the wild hunt is happening, and the hunt actually roams the forest as a group of horrific looking shape changing NPCs, that can capture and kill the player if they cross paths.
>Some NPC routines have them sureptitiously join the hunt when it arrives near their city, and by careful observation, one might be able to glean the entire plot of the main quest without actually completing a single part of it.
>Oh, and all cities are open
>levitation brought back
>climbing skill brought back
>spears brought back
>meanwhile, reformed blades and thalmor are waging a shadow war for the province, and the player can intervene. Blades offer a hard path, full of war, but possibly liberty, while thalmor offer stability and peace, if under a nominal tyranny.
>guild skill requirements brought back.
>make guilds good again, like the Oblivion guild questlines
>religious guilds brought back
>nobility guilds brought back
>combat system is either more like Vermintide or Dark Souls (pick one, they're mutually exclusive)
>Difficulty doesn't turn enemies into sponges. It increases the damage they do to you, and also increases the number of reinforcements enemies can call, and how aware they are while you're sneaking. For example, litter spawn points all over the world map and dungeon maps. If an enemy gets low on health (threshold set by difficulty), they can call for help, and similar enemies spawn in spawnpoints out of player sight, and begin making their way to the scene.
>hire kirkbride to write some shit, but also hire the world's strictest editor to tell him when he's being retarded.
>>
File: 1448056112014.jpg (228KB, 1280x967px) Image search: [Google]
1448056112014.jpg
228KB, 1280x967px
>>
>>54000969
>game set in Valenwood
>trees
>third time in a row
No. Fuck that.
>>
>>54000969
>>Entire map is designed with verticality in mind, with massive trees requiring platforming to navigate, and layers to the forest: Canopy layer, brush layer, and underground root system layer.
I actually like that. Haven't played any Assassins Creed beyond the first. Didn't one of them did a little bit of that (And one of the Aliens Versus Predator games I think)?
>>
>>54000969

if we go by the /v/idya leak

the new creation engine(which is still on alpha atm and made by id and the former crytek devs)

will hold watever the shit that they want to do no only for valenwood but also Akaviri

2 places that were HEAVILY foreshadowed ingame

>if we go to Akavir, it will take from the Blades LDB part, we will learn about reman, Tsaeci and the Men/beast races from akavir introduced, LDB will probably be there and we will learn what the nerevarine was doing over there.

>If we go to Valenwood, it will be the War Scenario, Valenwood, Elsweyr and Summerset will be playable, with summerset being the 2nd to last part of the game, Both valenwood and Elsweyr fits on skyrim map, Summerset will be its own large map to be visited later, it will be a full scale revolution.
>>
>>54002299
>implying

The Dominion won't lose, because you can't culminate an esoteric story with a worldly victory over the BBEG.
Throw that out of the window.
>>
>>54002299
>/v/idya leak
>all starfield shitposting they meme'd
Just fucking stop.
>>
>>54002299
>akavir
Do people really don't understand the whole point of akavir?
>>
>>54002361
>>>/tesg/

>>54002617

No one, even bethesda or fucking kirkbride knows it.
>>
>>54002617
Was just about to say this.
>>54002299
I can absolutely fucking guarantee you that this leak and, any other that ever claims the same, is a load of shit. There will never be a game set in Akavir because adding in Akavir defeats the purpose of Akavir even being a thing
>>
>>54002694
No, you obviously don't get the point.

And I'm not even the anon you responded to.

Akavir exists to not exist aka exists to be the mysterious east that can always be thrown in as convenient plot device if necessary.
It adds depth to the world without adding depth to the world.
You'll never have a game in Akavir.
>>
>>54002694
>>>>/tesg/
What? You unironically pull out /v/ "leaks" and you tell me to go to /tesg/? Are you retarded?
>>
>>54002299
>That /v/idya leak
That was total bullshit and didn't predict anything for Bethesdas e3.
>>
Alright guys, I need some lore-learning.

Out of all the Daedric Princes, the one tat has always confused me the most is Boethiah. I can never get a good pin on what her deal is, what she's supposed to be about, and how exactly to Dunmer are supposed to be able to worship her

Could someone give the crash course for dummies on Boethiah?
>>
>>54002979
Build responsibly
>>
>>53995540
It would make more sense with the Colovia/Nibenay divide.

Nibenese would be rocking scale/lamellar (that's probably enchanted) while the Colovians are the one's with plate.
>>
File: 1491193879383.png (87KB, 358x467px) Image search: [Google]
1491193879383.png
87KB, 358x467px
Do you think Bretons have Elf blood just to fuck with people who wanted to be a mage but didn't want to be an Elf.
>>
>>54002979
Natives of other areas of the irl world believed that the hardships of natures were good. Testing them to be better, stronger. Closer to perfection.

Boethia is that. A challenge to dispose of the weak and smite the strong into the Dunmer of the future.
That's why she is good. Every day you hope for a greater challenge by her so that you may overcome it.
>>
File: 1484592433419.jpg (284KB, 1231x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1484592433419.jpg
284KB, 1231x1000px
>>54002979
Boethiah is chauvinism, might-makes-right, machiavellism, victory against impossible odds, justification of strife, whether "ethical" or not. Strife is virtuous on its own, this is the key.

Best representation of him is, I believe, in the form of snippets from Chimer daily life in various books. For example to me, Nerevar in his early life, with all of his brutal honesty and egotism exemplifies her.

A more common perspective from Chimer/Dunmer would be to attribute their survival against great odds to Boethiah. Many of them are continuously persecuted (both by their kin and outlanders), live in a volcanic wasteland, always compete with everyone (including themselves). They live lives exactly opposite to "comfy" and they do it because Boethiah teaches them to "win over the odds, die if you lose". Their post-Red Year determination is Boethiah at its fullest. "We survived worst, we'll survive this" they'd say readily and oddly comfortably.

Almalexia is the Anticipation of Boethiah since Boethiah speaks to the lowest common denominator of Chimer/Dunmer society, whereas both Azura and Mephala claim deeper yet more commonly overlooked connections to the nature of Chimer/Dunmer. Almalexia, like Boethiah, demands immediate dominion from as many people as possible; quick to claim both mercy and destruction are ultimately from her hand. Compare her to Sotha Sil or Vivec.
>inb4 Vivec is also like this, two godly rulers sometimes develop things in common but Vivec's love is NOTHING like Almalexia's 'feelings'

Also, Ayem has to be the prettiest, has to have the best of men for herself, has to have the prettiest city, has to be all powerful, has to make everything into a ceremony in her honor,

Those outside of Morrowind who worship Boethiah are probably seeking victory with a theme of "worthy will take their place as the righteous". Boethiah wants to see the strongest thrive, he wants competition to breed perfect survivors, hardships to mold the toughest bodies.
>>
>>54003577
No, because it gets progressively easier in each game for races that aren't magically inclined to be mages, because the initial bonuses don't matter as much. And even if you prefer having bonuses, in Skyrim Redguards get a bonus to Destruction, and Argonians even get a bonus to Restoration.
>>
>>54003577
>being a plane vanilla mage
>not ascending beyond such shitty magician schlock
>not specializing in some form of Tonal Manipulation, like Architecture, Thu'um, or Sword Singng
Come back once you've left the bush league
>>
>>54003577
It's an commentary on miscegenation. (((Direnni))) encourage Ayleids to breed with men. Men became the eternal servant to (((Direnni))), Ayleids completely disappeared because they were bred out, Bretons are know the most easily manipulated race of men. Redguards, Nords and Imperials all put up a bigger fight against their elven overlords.
>>
>>54003872
>Bretons are know the most easily manipulated race of men
Sounds like someone wouldn't be able to last a day in the courts of High Rock
>>
>>54003944
Well how do you think it got to this point? From the Direnni point of view, it's easier to keep a hold on the Breton if they keep fighting among each other. It keeps them occupied and concentrated on the near future, afraid of trusting each other, doubtful of their capability.

It's all a petri dish. Direnni laugh at the pitiful state of bickering kingdoms of High Rock. As soon as a king or noble realizes the Direnni tricks, he is assassinated because there is always a Breton moronic and shortsighted enough to listen to the encouraging snake-words of their overlords.

Meanwhile other men provinces have all formed their own political paradigm in which they can easily expel foreign influence. Elves know the only way to take the other provinces is via bloody war. Direnni have had High Rock all to themselves for millenia now.
>>
>>54004081
Are the Direnni even influential anymore? They've regressed into a tiny family/clan IIRC.
>>
>>54004148
The Direnni are the leader of the Direnni in Vvardenfell with the exception of the Direnni within the temple of Abundance that you meet right before you attack the third or fourth sleeper.
>>
>>53998175
The first link in the OP has links for several homebrews that you could take a look at.
>>
>>54004166
>Direnni in Vvardenfell

What?
>>
>>54004401
It's about the area of the world that is quite isolated and yet alien and interesting.

Now, what you have to understand for this to make sense is that the Direnni clan is invested into several esoteric studies at once. One of them being the history of the Dwemer.

If you want to find the connection between the Direnni and Vvardenfell, you can find the missing link in Black Reach. That is the same Direnni you can meet in Vvardenfell as I described earlier.
>>
>>54003872
Except it was the Direnni period Elves who were, for the most part, bred out by the Bretons. And it was the Direnni whose Empire collapsed because they couldn't control their Breton subjects.
>>
File: 1467324006012.jpg (41KB, 460x625px) Image search: [Google]
1467324006012.jpg
41KB, 460x625px
>be the most magically talented race while also being particularly susceptible to magic
>create a "subservient" race that has significant magical resistance and decent magical talent
I wonder how often Bretons were used by elves to fight their elven enemies.
>>
>>54004434
I don't understand - are you talking about Sinderion's pupil, Avrusa? She has nothing to do with the Direnni as far as I can understand.

And even ignoring my confusion, why would the Direnni go to Black Reach in Skyrim, when there are Dwemer settlements in Hammerfell that would be much closer? And generally it seems like the Direnni focus more on alchemy and magical studies than the study of the dwemer.
>>
>>54004166
>>54004434
These two posts are absolute garbage in every single conceivable meaning of the word and whoever wrote them should be ashamed and kys.
>>
>>54004906
If you cannot see the significance of MK in the development of the Direnni storyline throught Morrowind as a game and creation I cannot help you.

>>54004844
The Direnni are much more conceited than you might suspect at first and only at longer evaluation does it become clear that the life of the many does not outweigh the life of the few to them.
The Direnni know what the Dwemer knew and that is where you have to research. Black Reach is the beginning.
>>
>>54004969
You are just LARPing right now. No one can be this autistic.
>>
>>54000969
godtier but will never happen
>>
>>54004996
I actually am.
Just attempted to type out buzzwords related to TES as they came to mind and see if something came out that could be lore.
>>
File: 1463183738920.jpg (381KB, 1024x978px) Image search: [Google]
1463183738920.jpg
381KB, 1024x978px
>>54004996
>No one can be this autistic.
Why do you bother posting
>>
>>54002299
>A new game engine.

I think this could spell an end to free mods. E3 showed they still are trying to push for paid mods, even when its likely that will kill the community. Would not be surprised if they try to program a suicide pill into the game or intentionally make modding difficult.

I for one like how easy toying with the Gamebryo engine is.
>>
Anyone have the PDF for 2e Scrollhammer I could download?
>>
>>54005184
Bethesda is greedy but it's not stupid. They know the only reason skyrim refuses to die in sales is because of mods. And they know the only reason mods have this effect on it is because they are free.
>>
>>54002842

I think he's just pretending to be retarded. He's trying to trick you.
>>
>>54004969
Do you just really like the Direnni and want to insert them into major parts of the game? I get they have a long history, but fuck, they aren't some world controlling manipulative illuminati. They're a bunch of High Elves that used to have dominion over High Rock until the Bretons took over due to shifts of power, and retained custody over the Direnni Tower and its island because it was feasible to keep them in power there and allow the island to act as neutral ground and out of the influence of any one Bretonnian kingdom. Even after the Warp in the West they were left alone - but the island only has fairly small settlements, and it only has its ancient heritage and it's place as a negotiator to give it any political sway.
>>
>>54005733

Bethesda came up with the idea for paid mods in the first place. Todd Howard still thinks he's completely in the right and that the stupid gamer community just needs to be prodded into realizing it. The only reason that the Bethesda-Valve attempt collapsed the first time was because it was systemically flawed, with rampant piracy and people uploading shit to steam that wasn't all their IP. As far as Bethesda are concerned, that was only round 1 though. It'll be back with a vengeance for TES 6, built-in so that it's unavoidable.

>>54005015
It's just drivel. Proof that fakers can't keep it real.

>>53997720
The Dwemer believed that the world they saw around them was an illusion, or at least a low-level construct that separated them from the highest tiers of reality. I'm not sure exactly how much they understood of Godhead but they were in deeper than most, and to me that would make them closer to idealism than materialism.
>>
TG. Help. I'm re-installing Morrowind.

I'm going to install mods. What mods should I install? Does anyone know any good ones for siding with Dagoth-Ur? Does anyone know of a good one that changes stats and leveling, or adds new effects?
>>
>>54006394
>Bethesda came up with the idea for paid mods in the first place
Like I said, because they are greedy
>It'll be back with a vengeance for TES 6, built-in so that it's unavoidable.
Free mods will co-exist with paid ones because, like I said, they are not stupid.
>>
>>54006828
you fucking what
>>
>>54006828
>>>/tesg/
>>
File: 1478177333386.png (467KB, 432x653px) Image search: [Google]
1478177333386.png
467KB, 432x653px
>>54006860
>>54006882

Save me from myself
>>
>>54006910
I can't fix what never was.
>>
>>54006985
All I want is mods with deep lore. All I want is that sweet sweet childlike wonder. All I want is that theme song.
>>
Is there anything actually bad about necromancy?
>>
>>54007005
On that note, what was that Dark Souls-esque Skyrim expansion mod that's supposed to take place during the time of the Alessian Empire?
>>
>>54007041
Morally subjective question.
>>
>>54007041
Black Soul gems can tear at nearby souls? Forcing souls into bodies and forcing them to serve the necromancer's will is also pretty bad, it's never/rarely ever a willing thing.
>>
>>54007041
Ripping a soul from its preferred afterlife and jamming it into a vessel is probably unpleasant, especially since they beg to be killed.
>>
>>54007909
>>54008267
Sounds like anti-necromancer propaganda. Fuck off, Traven.
>>
>>54005730
Check 1d4chan.
>>
>>54007041
My local mages guild told me necromancy gives your kids autism.
>>
>>54008880
Weird. My local mages guild told me any magic besides necromancy gives your kids autism.
>>
>>54008880
>>54009200
My mom told me the Telvanni stay away from everyone else because they're Autistic.
>>
>>54008880
>>54009200
>having kids
>not cloning yourself
Do you even magic?
>>
>>54009420
Are you one of those weird mushroom people?
>>
How do you imagine absorbing dragon souls would affect you mentally beyond simply receiving Shouts?
>>
>>54009460
In my view, if you DON'T live in a mushroom you can hardly be called people.
>>
>>54009552
You probably become more dragonlike in outlook. Seeking dominion, control, and so on.
>>
>>54010273
>*becomes emperor of Tamriel*
>>
>>54010322
You don't need more than one dragon soul for that.
>>
How powerful would it be to infuse yourself with a dragonborns blood
>>
>>54013240
Why the fuck would that do anything?
>>
>>54013255
It's clearly different from normal blood if the akaviri had something to be able to detect it in the skyrim temple
>>
>>54013316
Not him, but a detectable difference from standard blood doesn't really imply that someone would gain power by "infusing" it.
>>
>>54013316
Different doesn't imply better.

Really, I wonder how blood types and transfusions work in Tamriel. I suppose they've figured that out.
>>
Has anyone actually read the majority of the books in skyrim? Are there any you would recommend?
>>
>>54013784
Anything by Waughin Jarth
>>
>>54013852
Tedders didn't write anything for Skyrim.
>>
>>54013784
Specifically from Skyrim? I'd need a bit of time for that, not great at remembering which books come from Oblivion and which ones cone from Skyrim, just off the top of my head.
Aside from the obvious ones, that is.
>>
>>54013784
Silence
>>
>>54013240
i think he has normal blood, its the dragon soul that ends up making him the dragonborn
>>
File: T1nQQ76.png (170KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
T1nQQ76.png
170KB, 800x600px
After spending a long time looking through mods on the Nexus to add to my game after I finally go through with reinstalling Oblivion, I kept thinking about what my ideal Imperial City would look like. I might write some of my thoughts down but I thought I might ask here as well; what do you all see the Imperial City as in your mind? What are some of the districts it contains apart from the ones featured in Oblivion? How did it develop through the ages? What are some of its unknown landmarks? How vast is its underground system?
>>
>>54013336
Dragon AIDS is power in its purest form
>>
>>54007097
Vigilant
Don't forget to install the English voice pack
>>
>>54013784
Both volumes of "A Brief History of the Empire"
"The Arcturian Heresy"
"The Songs of Whulfarth"
"Breathing Water"
"Verneus and Balour"
"The Bear of Markarth"
"The Legend of Red Eagle"

Also, this isn't in Skyrim, but I recommend to everyone reading Sermon 9 of the 36 Lessons of Vivec. Luckily there are mods that bring the older books back
>>
File: 35bf877c3d287d51.jpg (158KB, 1653x1203px) Image search: [Google]
35bf877c3d287d51.jpg
158KB, 1653x1203px
The Imperial City, the heart of the Empire, lies sprawled across the many islands in lake Rumare, surrounded by the vast fields of the Heartlands region. It is a crossroads in many ways; as the centre of the continent-wide Empire, it is where merchants, diplomats, scholars and fortune-seekers come from all over the known world, getting lost in the massive crowds of the ant-hill that is Cyrodiil City. And inside the confines of the Jeralls and the Valii, this is where the martial Colovia and the crafty Nibenay meet, along with the many bigger or smaller groups that make up the Cyrodiils.
It is on the banks of the Rumare that the Nedes that had been brought to the Heartlands from all over the Ayleid-ruled lands generations prior to Saint Alessia’s heroic effort, those that either lacked knowledge of where their ancestral lands lay or had no wish to return there, settled down, mixing with the local Heartland tribes, the Rumare Nibeneans as well as some of the Nordic mercenaries that had helped in the war effort. Out of this pan-Nedic conglomerate formed the modern Heartlanders. Ironically enough, the identity of the people who had distanced themselves from the “proper” Nibeneans, would to many a foreign observer be seen as the stereotypical Nibeneans.
Throughout the ages, the city had seen many changes. The original Ayleid settlement – the modern “Wheel” containing the Imperial palace and the many historical districts – was built on the main island due to the central location in the Heartlands. As the Ayleid population in the region grew, more and more Nedes were brought into slavery or serfdom, with many ending up on the islands of Lake Rumare. Much like the native Nedes in High Rock or elsewhere in Cyrod, the people of Rumare settled down in villages of shacks surrounding the Ayleid city and as Saint Alessia began the war, they had already formed a community sprawled across the isles.
>>
>>54013784
Yes but not in game. Just go to the Imperial Library senpai

Dance in fire
Argonian account
Immortal blood
The marksmanship lesson
The black arrow
Battle of red mountain

I think the Battle of Red Mountain is my favorite es book of all
>>
>>54016729
Such a shame it wasn't like this in game.
Are there any mods that try to recreate it?
>>
>>54015425
There's mods that add an upper level to the districts, I imagine there would probably be a few stories kinda like Vivec. Plus those random roof gardens that skyscraper cities have.
I thought the game sewers were pretty well connected. There shouldn't be a trapdoor to every building of course, but other than security I can't imagine why most wouldn't have said trapdoors.
There should also be a bottom to the palace, where the "real" tower. I never liked the idea that a mortal-created structure somehow became a tower. My theory was the sewers were the original buildings surrounding the "actual" tower which is why they're so extensive, but some cataclysmic event or just sheer engineering stupidity sunk them or buried them, so they rebuilt on top.
Of course I have zero evidence to support any of this.
>>
>>54016729
The Ayleid city surrounding the White-Gold tower, named Alessium by the Great Marukh and known by many as the Inner City, became the home of Saint Alessia’s warlords as well as some tribal chieftains that had helped in the war. Throughout the ages, much of this original aristocracy would remain the same (albeit bearing some marks of the Akaviri they had intermarried with many ages ago), living in Ayleid mansions with slight style changes (most noticeably the shift towards Akaviri-inspired architecture as well as a later move to the classical Imperial architecture as time went on and many manors had to be renovated or sometimes even completely rebuilt) and retaining much of the old dialect. Although they were once great warlords, the aristocrats retained quite a bit of the old, Ayleidoon-influenced language to stand above the common folk; something that not even the Alessian order could root out completely. On the other hand, the nobility in the city was largely opposed to intermarriage with the remaining Ayleid aristocrats in the Heartlands which led to some clashes with the Nibenese higher circles which saw pride in such pedigree expansions and an opportunity to even further improve the magical capabilities of their blood.
The common folk in the Isles largely remained the same, on the other hand. For a long time, the population grew slowly, with most of the newcomers hailing from the Heartlands. In time, more and more came from the Niben Bay and even the Greater Cheydin area, seeking a more cosmopolitan and rich life. To the Colovians, the Heartlands were still largely unknown and hostile, with the only visitors to the City being merchants and Cyro-Nordic mercenaries. The newly-arrived people settled down in the already established communities surrounding Alessium as well as the increasingly important Nedic fishing village which came to be known as the Waterfront.
>>
>>54017190
There are several mods that seem to greatly expand the city proper (one of them even expands the whole city by adding more districts around it), a mod that connects the Waterfront and the city with a tunnel, one that adds buildings on the Talos bridge and one that adds farms around the island but nothing that would really capture it, in my opinion. I suppose our best bet will be the Morrowind mod in like a decade.

>>54017571
I can definitely envision the underground parts being almost a city of their own, with a long and confusing network of sewers, catacombs, old Ayleid tunnels, massive cave-ins where the walls gave weight to Rumare (the city is supposed to sit on seven islands after all) and who knows what else.
>>
>>54015425
First off, lots and lots of canals.
Street canals, big ass canals for ships, canals on bridges that coincide with the walls and aqueducts.
Basically I imagine the Imperial Isle, not being a single unified city but more a sparse network of densely populated well-planned settlements, interconnected by a massive system of canal super-highways that lead from the Rumare into a fuck-huge moat that surrounds the main city, dead in the center of the Isle. These settlements would all be broken up by endless salt-marshes and the occasional archipelago strait. Such marshes are uninhabitable and so appear endless, broken only by the occasional fortress set along the canal routes, and the next city you can see on the horizon. The coast supports some of Tamriel's largest ports, but so too does the interior, as the Imperials have cut out their own harbours from the land.

After the fuckload of canals would be the fuckload of bridges. I'm talking big beautiful shiny bridges that run over the canal routes and straits. Some so big they can support their own neighborhoods, often with the tendency of merging into the cities' own fortifications, and as said before, many times boasting their own canals. One such bridge, by far the largest in Tamriel, connects the Isle to Weye, in the Colovian Heartland.
Likewise, aqueducts run in from the all over Cyrodiil, way across the Rumare, bringing a constant supply of fresh water to all of the Isle's settlements

The cities themselves would appear nearly divine inspired, all crafted from polished white stone, and given color through the many draping ribbons and banners of the various Nibenese temples, merchants clans, and artistocrats. The closer you get to Imperial centre, the more magnificent and gleaming the cities appear. Slums become non-existent, and the cities are dominated by tall, slim, buildings and towers with elaborately carved columns.
>>
>>54018034
At the center of the Isle would be the main city, not necessarily as large as the other settlements of the Isle, hell not even really a city at that, but ten times more glorious. The Imperial centre would be the absolute epitome of the Empire's culture. Tiber's answer to the question 'what can we achieve when we all of Tamriel's people come together to work towards a common goal.' The city itself would be more like a massive mall, boasting all of the Empire's most prestigious institutions, resorts, museums, temples, and centers of knowledge. Assemblies of all sorts. It would be the meeting place of all Tamriel. Statues of nearly every figure worthy of reverence, could be found in the city amongst its thousands of cults
Surrounding the Palace would be magical gardens of unmatched beauty which, display flora from all across the continent. Not far from the Palace is the Temple of the One, the largest place of worship in Cyrodiil, with all its Alessian majesty.
The White-Gold Tower would be absolutely massive. At least 2,000 feet tall, actually White AND gold, with all its sun splitting beauty mentioned in PGE1. Within its lower dome would the main assembly and parliament hall even larger than the Temple of the One. Above it the Elder Council chambers, and above that, the Imperial court. The spire holding ancillary rooms as befits attendees. Beneath the tower would be the Imperial archive, a part of the Towers abundant subterranean levels, and perhaps the largest assortment of knowledge in all of Tamriel. The exact extent of the Tower's underground structure, much of which dates back to Ayleid times, would be unknown to anyone outside the highest confidence of the Empire, but rumored to have routes and holdouts that wind across the entire Isle, and merge into the Isle's own vast sewage system.

I wish I had an image that went along with what I just described.
>>
>>54018034
>>54018052
I like this quite a lot. We seem to have a lot of similar thoughts. Anyway, I too have had problems with a lack of any image that could represent this city (the two pics I posted being the two I found online that showed it best).
I've tried drawing my own on several occasions but there's always the problem of shape and of how to divide the land into districts.
>>
>>54013784
The Death Blow of Abernanit (I think they changed it to Ebernanit after Morrowind though)
>>
>>54013240
d/a I wonder if Harkon and/or Serana could've devoured some as they transformed LDB into VL? Would it matter at all?
>>
Why there's no male Wispmothers? There's female Falmer, after all.
>>
>>54017593
The first traditional districts came into existence soon after the city had been founded, with the oldest surrounding Alessium itself. After the fall of the Alessian order, the name Alessium remained in use for quite some time, although several different names came in use later. After the throne came under control of the Septim dynasty, the district would become known as the Talos Plaza in official documents.
With the fall of the Ayleid rule over the Isles, the Alessian Order could finally found their own base there. Opposing any Ayleid influences, the priesthood commissioned construction outside of the Inner City, the architecture influenced by the styles of the Gold Coast and Colovian Nedic citystates with a heavy emphasis on the glory of Saint Alessia and the Empire. After the Order had collapsed, much of the architecture remained the same but the great quarters of the Order were converted into smaller temples.
Outside the Inner City, the freed Nedes soon expanded their villages, with a new community forming in the so-called Elven Gardens. Much like the aristocracy inside the white walls, they too would resist newcomers through wealth and power, for a long time acting as the economic backbone of the city.
Quite early into the Empire’s expansion, the first foreigners would start arriving in the City. Originally, they were Nords and Cyro-Nords looking for employment as mercenaries but as the Empire expanded, more would come from other parts of Tamriel. They settled among the Cyrodils but as their numbers grew, the Foreign quarter was founded to house them. Nevertheless, there was never an effort to contain them there save for a few occasions.
With the growth of the City, many of the coastal villages grew as well, slowly being incorporated into the City as districts. One such village was Weye, a mere hamlet that exploded in population after the construction of the Weye bridge that connected the City with the mainland.
>>
>>54019045
Wisps probably don't breed
>>
>>54019045
Wispmothers are some kind of spirit/ada much in the same way Ice Wraiths and Spriggans are. They are that way because that's how they are.

Falmer are mer, mortals, so they have sexes to breed
>>
>>54019396
>>54019421
Oh, it's just that I've read somewhere that Wispmothers are some sort of undead Snow Elf mages. Thanks for answering, tho.
>>
>>54019613
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Wispmother
>"lternately, Lydette Viliane of the Synod contends that Wispmothers are not undead at all, but rather elemental manifestations arising out of Nirn itself. By noting several similarities to Spriggans and Ice Wraiths, she contends that the Wispmothers are essentially elemental personifications of snow or mist, innately wielding the power of their element, instead of manipulating it through conventional sorcery."
>>
>>54019713
Now that's interesting! Thanks!
>>
>>54019713
I dunno, I tend to support Sarethi's theory that they're superliches more, he's got more credibility and other bits of lore support this.
>>
>>54019967
But liches make an appearance in Oblivion (along with more powerful liches like Nether Liches), and to me Wispmothers seem somehow connected to Will-o-the-Wisps (since they summon Wisps in battle, and they have similar appearances, if not magical affects). Will-o-the-Wisps are often found in swamps and seem loosely tied to nature, therefore to me the idea that Wispmothers are elemental personifications of snow or mist make sense - they are tied to Skyrim's snowiest places on some level.
>>
>>54020997
>But liches make an appearance in Oblivion
Remember, there's more than one type of lich, and ways to become an undead mage. A bunch of variations in fact. And nether liches are weaker versions of liches, not more powerful ones.
And wispmothers aren't so much connected to wisps as the wisps are connected to them. Wisps always lead to a wispmother, and when wisps die when the wispmother does, and while they're found in snowy areas, they have very lich-like behavior (such as the Pale Lady), but they're not will-o-the-wisps in Oblivion (which also described as spiritual energy). Also will-o-the-wisps in actual folklore are spirits.
>>
File: 1460814935146.png (116KB, 191x472px) Image search: [Google]
1460814935146.png
116KB, 191x472px
>>54021182
Maybe instead of being a lich, a Wispmother could be a sort of spirit? I just don't think the lich connection is quite strong enough, since liches as far as I know are treated like 'classic' D&D-style liches, with phylacteries and everything.

But yeah, I got nether liches and regular liches mixed up in their strength, I'm sorry. And I suppose a Wispmother is fairly close to a nether lich in some ways.

Though while we're on the subject, the Oblivion article on liches makes a note that they're part of their own Lich faction, which basically means that they hate vampires and necromancers. Considering that liches were around in Daggerfall (before Mannimarco became a god of undeath), I think it's interesting that they seem to be distinct from Necromancers.
>>
>>54021182
Ok then, but how are they made if they're liches?
I'm pretty sure no one would want to become one of those things when they can become a "true" lich.
>>
Go to fucking /v/ already
>>
File: commanderkeen.gif (11KB, 334x646px) Image search: [Google]
commanderkeen.gif
11KB, 334x646px
>>54021776
>he doesn't know the Commander Keene clause
your newfag is showing
>>
>>54021752
>made
They aren't made anymore. They're some sort of really old lich (or even a collection of mages into a single lichomorph) from very very long ago.

>>54021626
Lich is more a catch-all term in this case. Remember Telvanni magelords and dragon priests are also technically liches.
>>
>>54021863
>Telvanni magelords and dragon priests are also technically liches.
Never considered that the magelords could be liches.
>>
>>53989052
Hlaalu is best house.
>>
>>54021776
no anon, you go back there.
you reek of impotence and shitpost.
>>
>>54021972
They're mages kept alive via necromantic arts.
>>
>>54019335
Although the City attracted people of wealth and influence, a large population of the original inhabitants were of lesser means, slaves, serfs and tribesmen who had lived on the Isles for generations. As the original villages around Alessium grew in wealth, the commoners gravitated towards the coastal fishing villages where they would be joined by Heartlanders from the other bank of the lake as well as Nibeneans from down the Niben. Their shanty towns grew in size until there was no room for expansion as the City districts set down their claims.
New constructions copied the traditional Nedic and Nibenean stilt house designs, popping up anywhere where stilts could be erected from the muddy Rumare floor. Similar constructions would appear on bridges connecting the islands; on a number of occasions the haphazardly constructed dwellings would collapse, drowning those not lucky enough to escape.
Many Imperials praise the Imperial sewers as a technological marvel created by Ayleids but perfected by the Heartlanders but it is a sad fact of life for much of those living in the stilt houses and rotten shacks on the mangrove-rich banks of the Imperial Isles that their waste is washed straight onto the filthy narrow pathways or the planks that form primitive bridges between rows of poor dwellings. A popular Heartlander saying for a naïve, foolish person has him “wading knee-deep through the Rummy (colloquial name for Lake Rumare) searching for gold”. For many downtrodden inhabitants, especially children, wading through the muddy “Rummy” is the only way to truly find their “gold” – many kinds of eel and crabs live in the foul waters surrounding the slums, the only source of survival for many families living on the stilts.
>>
>>53998188
We have UESRPG. why the fuck would you use something based in 5e?
>>
>>54022051
Are they necromantic, or just esoteric mysticism?
>>
>>54022313
Necromantic, and specifically stated to be. They're just also still alive.
>>
The ending of the words is Almsivi
>>
>>54025458
What a fool you are. I'm a god. How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence. How could you be so naive? There is no escape. No Recall or Intervention can work in this place. Come. Lay down your weapons. It is not too late for my mercy.
>>
>>54025541
Fuck you Dagoth
>>
File: 1458512163817.jpg (1MB, 1700x2340px) Image search: [Google]
1458512163817.jpg
1MB, 1700x2340px
>>54025541
By the Anticpations, I had fucking saged the thread anon, why did you do this

Do you wish to poison this thread in the name of the Sixth House?
>>
>>54025697
Ho ha ho.
>>
>>54025458
By the word, I wind the gears >>> The ending of the words is ALMSIVI
>>
File: Planet Nim.jpg (95KB, 795x440px) Image search: [Google]
Planet Nim.jpg
95KB, 795x440px
I would love if we get an Elder Scrolls game in the other continent of Akavir. That continent is a complete mystery. We know some accounts of the races there but that's it.

Also on a side note are the Tsaesci snake people? Or are they Humans portrayed by the Empire as monsters as propaganda and also because of their military strength?
>>
File: where the Potentate at.png (580KB, 800x581px) Image search: [Google]
where the Potentate at.png
580KB, 800x581px
>>54027368
They are snake people, who have culturally assimilated the more human-like denizens of the continent.

Also, Akavir is an iffy spot for the lore, since we know that currently that's where the Nerevarine is sitting around, possibly going on adventures and building a giant robot.

Also, its notoriously difficult to travel to Akavir from Tamriel, due to communication magic getting blocked and the weather always being inexplicable turning horrible and destroying ships. Its the reason why the Empire always ended up abandoning expiditions to colonize there, along with the highly violent natives
>>
File: Duadeen.png (115KB, 183x292px) Image search: [Google]
Duadeen.png
115KB, 183x292px
>>54027368
The Cyrus comic had a half-Akaviri guy.

>Also on a side note are the Tsaesci snake people? Or are they Humans portrayed by the Empire as monsters as propaganda and also because of their military strength?
It's left ambiguous. Most sources describe them as snake people with tails and shit, but despite the impact they've had on the Empire, nobody thought to draw a picture of one of them.
>>
>>54027368
I'd like to see what those islands on the way to Akavir are like but I feel like the magic would be lost if we saw Akavir.
>>
Does the Dark Brotherhood have any decent reason to exist? The Morag Tong's activities can be justified with how they're official and often prevent the escalation of conflict, but is there a way you can look at the Brotherhood in a good light?
>>
>>54016478
Thanks.
>>
>>54021776
Weak bait.
>>
>>54028294
People of power use them for their own ends.
>>
>>54028294
Anyone of any social level can theoretically make use of them, and they aren't beholden to any body of government.
>>
File: King of Worms.jpg (689KB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
King of Worms.jpg
689KB, 1400x1050px
>Trying to revive this thread.
Does anybody else feel that Orcs who grew up in close proximity to Breton society should speak with Cockney accents?
Furthermore, I'm thinking there should be 3 types of Orc factions in High Rock.
1:
>Very primitive hunter-gatherer tribes who live far away from civilized society and only speak Orcish. They don't have many of the skills of their more advanced brethren, they simply wear animal hides and bones as armor and clothes.
2:
>Slightly more advanced and Tolkien-esque all-Orc bandit clans. They can mine and smith, but to a limited extent due to their ways, so they generally rely on raiding and pillaging to get what they want/need. Therefore, the armor they wear generally has the Orcish motif, but is mostly plates of iron/steel crudely strapped on over fur/leather under-clothing. They mostly speak Orcish, but can also talk Common Tamrielic in varying degrees.
3:
>Orsinium, Skyrim-style strongholds, and Orcs assimilated into Breton society.

Thoughts?
>>
>>54030338
>Orcs assimilated into Breton society
As in assimilated with the soil in their shallow graves?
>>
>>54030416
S O C I A L C O M M E N T A R Y
>>
>>54022311
How does that matter, you inbred?
A system is a system, is it not?

And this one is a system.
>>
File: 1458762061486.png (554KB, 973x821px) Image search: [Google]
1458762061486.png
554KB, 973x821px
Ending! Words! ALMSIVI!
>>
>>54030338
>That picture
It makes me angry, angry about Oblivion.
What they did to Mannimarco in Oblivion was unforgivable.
Main antagonist of Mage Guild questline, king of worms, master of necromancy, guy who kiled Vanus Galerion, he should be quite dangerous and badass guy.

Nope some random bananamer in some random cave with necromancers, what a letdown.

And questline was also made worse by the fact that Traven was a massive white knight fag. Only good thing was that he died.

Lore question, if Traven sacrificed himself and locked himself in soul gem, than he should be located in soul cairn?
>>
File: Mannimarco visits Quagmire.jpg (27KB, 605x146px) Image search: [Google]
Mannimarco visits Quagmire.jpg
27KB, 605x146px
>>54031877
Oblivion Mannimarco is an empty shell of his former, pre-Warp self.
Just imagine, you live for millenia, always plotting for power. Finally, you find a way to turn yourself into a true Divine. You pull all the strings you can, you hunt for the Totem, you are one step from fulfilling your lifelong ambition.
Then, something unexplainable happens. Your plan succeeds. There's the God of Worms, the Necromancer Moon in the skies.
But it's not you. It's some other you from another timeline.
The place you strived for so long is already occupied. By none other than you. But not "this" you. "This" you is still the same.
Why was it "that" you? Not "this" you? Why were "this" you that was left over?
Everything is lost. "You" definitely succeeded, but it was YOU who failed.
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.