[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just proposed a setting to my friend and he said he would be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 6

File: 1452446644804.jpg (231KB, 1900x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1452446644804.jpg
231KB, 1900x1080px
I just proposed a setting to my friend and he said he would be interested in DMing a campaign in said setting. What all would i need to include in order to make sure he can make a good campaign?
>>
File: image.png (266KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
266KB, 400x300px
Nigger
>>
File: images[1].jpg (6KB, 240x210px) Image search: [Google]
images[1].jpg
6KB, 240x210px
>>53976010
>What all would i need to include in order to make sure he can make a good campaign?
How about the actual setting and/or rulebook you picked, if you're asking us that.
>>
>>53976736
this but assuming its fantasy
>the basics of magic
>gods
>a brief history of the realm
>races
but with how little we have to go on im assuming im missing a shitload
>>
>>53976010
Okay, bear with me.
>Bears, dinosaurs and animals of similar awesomeness with mech suits, jet fighters and lasers
>Xenomorph invasion
>Androids
>Spiderman
>plus pic related.

That's the only way it can be good.
>>
>>53976010
For fantasy >>53976823
>science-fiction
>how advanced is the tech ?
>what makes it different from our current society?
>what's similar ?
>FTL or no FTL?
>how are robots/ai viewed?
>races

>Capeshit
>what's the tone?
>public view in vigilantes
>who was the first superhero(could be the players)
>>
>>53976010
just make sure he gets the setting down perfectly, send him some material to work with and stop him immediately if he starts adding unnecessary stuff
and don't be afraid to change the direction of the campaign if you need to, remember that this is your world, not his
>>
Honestly, you can get away with anything from a single paragraph summary to writing an entire wiki on the world.

Depends on how detailed your idea is and how much the other guy wants to put into DMing.

Visit the worldbuilding general's links for advice and ideas.
>>
Give him the detail you have. Tell him to ask you questions about the setting so you know where to give more detail.

Answer his questions. Keep answering them until he stops asking questions and decides to fill in the blanks himself. Then he's ready.
>>
Women walk around topless.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.