[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A possibly bizarre question about Dogs in the Vineyard, my fellow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: masthead-dogsinthevineyard.jpg (88KB, 920x518px) Image search: [Google]
masthead-dogsinthevineyard.jpg
88KB, 920x518px
A possibly bizarre question about Dogs in the Vineyard, my fellow elegan/tg/entlemen. Bizzarre 'cause it seems bizzarre to me that this thing isn't apparently answered in the book.

What happens when my character can See a Raise, but he can't Raise then (basically having no more dice to use in the conflict, and not wanting to Escalate)?
I mean, it's clear that if you give up the conflict ends, but I am not positive that in this situation you are giving up (with no dice to Cut Your Losses). Does the conflict simply end there with the other guy winning?
>>
>>53973482
You can either escalate or lose the stakes. No ties. You managed to dodge the last raise, but not resolve the conflict in your favour.
>>
>>53973702
>>53973702

Hrm. That's what we tought. But the bizzarre thing is that we searched for that and didn't find it positively on the book.
>>
>>53973755
We just extrapolated from the end of page 36 and 48. Running out of dice means you're out of the conflict, or get more dice.

That being said, running out of dice didn't come up much, given there's little benefit to pushing it if you're down to only having shit rolls.
>>
Ah I have fond memories of playing this game.

Managed to throw a bandit so hard he hit the moon.

I love narrative systems.
>>
>>53973755
It's a valid interpretation. If you were the one who initiated the conflict, and you failed to produce a Raise that your opponent couldn't See, then you don't succeed in whatever you were attempting to do through the conflict.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.