[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ Fifth Edition General:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 401
Thread images: 18

File: 1478203541961.png (2MB, 1157x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1478203541961.png
2MB, 1157x1080px
D&D 5th Edition General Discussion

>Unearthed Arcana: Revised Class Options:
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/June5UA_RevisedClassOptv1.pdf

>Feedback Questionnaires:
http://sgiz.mobi/s3/dbadf27c707b

>5etools:
https://astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
https://mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Resources Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previous thread: >>53947083
>>
Anyone have any of Nord Games shit?
>Ultimate NPCs: Skullduggery
>Ultimate Bestiary: Revenge of the Horde
>Any of their decks, from Critical Hits DM and Player, Luck, or Loot
Bought into their most recent kikestarter, and just wondering if any of the old decks are worth getting as add-ons. Would be much obliged if anyone has copies of them or the two Monster Manual expansions.
>>
Tell us the stories of your old aged player characters.
>>
What's your opinion on combining settings? I want to strip the assorted dales out of Faerun and replace them with some pathfinder countries, and maybe making Calimshan more akin to Zakhara.
>>
Best cantrips for a Tomelock? Currently looking at Eldritch Blast, Shape Water, Mold Earth, Minor Illusion, Prestidigitation, and Guidance.
Shape Water and Mold Earth are for possible shenanigans with an Alchemy Jug, and digging holes to hide in of necessary. I actually had an idea that revolved around moving a 5 by 5 cube of dirt out of the ground, then shaping water over the open hole to freeze while I'm in the hole. Then cover the ice with some more dirt. I know it's odd but it's just one combination I could do with those two cantrips and I can't really think of anything else to get, besides Viscious Mockery.
>>
>>53958307

Grab EB no matter what. DPR Warlocks need to spec into it hard, and even if you aren't headed that way it's still a great backup weapon to have.
>>
>>53958340
Oh I know. Eldritch Blast will be my main source of damage.
>>
>14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 11
Best class to play with these stats? It's not in any particular distribution
>>
>>53958453
Best depends on what needs the team have, DND is not a single player game and every class is better in combination with other ppl. Seems to be an OK fighter barb or other non stat dependant class tho.
>>
>>53958307
Guidance, spare the dying, vicious mockery, minor illusion.
>>
>>53958453
Paladin, barb, and monk would all appreciate having such well rounded stats.
>>
Do you think my level 3 party (6 players) can take two displacer beasts or is that overkill?
>>
>>53958486
Is Spare the Dying worth it if someone else can heal?
>>
File: weww.png (55KB, 199x178px) Image search: [Google]
weww.png
55KB, 199x178px
some sort of fey creature with a "hive-mind" connection to the living animals in her forest.

poachers took some animals from her forest and plan on selling them. taking control of a group of animals, she hunted them down and has them cornered. players are likely to run into this altercation.

i was thinking her using a pack of wolves would be the safest bet, but have any other interesting ideas that could be used instead?
>>
>>53958589
They will fucking trash them, most likely.
>>
>>53958614
Nah
Just buy a healer's kit
>>
>>53958614
They can't heal if they're dying.
>>
Anyone got some third party monster manuals that aren't in the trove?
>>
>>53958644
The players will trash the displacer beasts you mean?
>>
>>53958630
Piggybacking off of this guy's question, if you were to say, have 8 wolves encounter a group of players, how would you do it?

Group initiative seems like the best course of action, but how? 2 groups of 4? 4 groups of 2?
>>
>>53958667
Oh, yeah, shit wording on my part.

The players will absolutely destroy them if they are at full resources.
>>
>>53958453
Could make a good Immortal Mystic.
>>
>>53958614
It's an will cantrip and healing magic is limited, it's also an insurance to prevent character deaths.
>>
File: Dirt.jpg (166KB, 801x448px) Image search: [Google]
Dirt.jpg
166KB, 801x448px
>>53958307
If you ever have prep time for a battle, Mold Earth is a Godsend.

You can literally create a slapdash fortress with that, given an hour. Pull the earth out in 5 ft cubes, then throw them on top of each other over and over, in a square around your party, and you not only get a wall that can be at least 5 ft in size, creating cover, you can also have a slapdash ditch! Imagine staging your fight in a 20 by 20 area, surrounded by a 10 ft wall, then a 20 ft long, 10 ft deep trench, then another 10 ft wall at the end of the trench! You've just created 40 ft of difficult terrain, two 10 ft walls for protection, and an arena to slam your opponents into if they can get in! Combine that with Spike Growth or some other effect, and you win almost any fight. And worst comes to worst, use Mold Earth again and collapse the wall on the enemy.
>>
Forge Cleric is fun
>>
>>53958703
>>53958614
Otherwise try shocking grasp or chill touch if you expect a lot of undead.
>>
>>53958730
Loose earth wont be that solid though once you stack them up though. It will probably collaspe.
>>
>>53958792
Pair it with some water and make a hardened mud fortress
>>
>>53958792
Look at the slopes in that photo though. You can easily get a 45deg slope with loose earth.
>>
>>53958614
One of the best cantrips in the game, and with access to it, you honestly can't die in the game unless its a full party wipe. It's almost too good.
>>
>>53958792
While true, over time if you keep piling on, it will keep getting bigger. True, it won't be a 90 degree wall without a stabliizing agent like water, but it will still make the enemy go down a trench, then into a slope. And if the Earth you grab from is firm, then the trench WILL be a steep drop.
>>
For everyone who uses either Roll 20 or Fantasy grounds like programs for dnd, how do you usually play out combat do you make a map, use online resources, use a blank map with just a grid, or just describe the field to your players?

If you make your maps what do you use? I personally like Dungeon Painter Studio on Steam.
>>
>>53958823
I guess I still don't understand how it's so good. Yeah you stabilize them, but they're still unconscious. I guess it stops them from dying due to death saves, but an enemy could still kill them while they're down can't they?
>>
>>53958904
I've used the roll20 tools to make them.
>>
>>53958909
To me, it just a range healer's kit.
>>
File: muh dank memes.jpg (87KB, 341x865px) Image search: [Google]
muh dank memes.jpg
87KB, 341x865px
Jesus fucking christ
>>
>>53958909
How often is an enemy going to waste their turn stabbing somebody unconscious when there are pissed off PCs in front of them?

I've been in a few situations where a PC has died from death saving throws while a fight was going on around them.
>>
>>53958909
See >>53958703
It's a dedicated enemy that would keep trying to kill a downed foe when there are others still in combat. It's like how people playing dead are ignored.
>>
>>53958963
Its range is touch...
>>53959005
>>53959122
Hmm. Alright. If it is necessary I'll get it. Not sure it'll fit my character but I can make it work. Can't really become a powerful Warlock if all my allies die.
>>
>>53958307
If you want to maximum munchkin your spell list, I suggest including Chill Touch, Toll the Dead, and Thorn Whip (via the Book of Ancient Secrets invocation - if you're not going to take the Grasp of Hadar invocation). Also consider Shocking Grasp as a sort-of-almost defensive spell.

Use Eldritch Blast for general use, Chill Touch to prevent regen, and Toll the Dead for high AC targets. If you're dealing with enemies that have high AC *and* high WIS, your DM is on to you.
>>
>>53958292
It can't hurt; large swathes of Faerun were originally designed for just that purpose.
Heck, swapping Calimshan for Zakhara should be relatively easy; nothing about Zakhara's culture really depends on it being isolated from the rest of Faerun, and the people from Calimshan were originally from there (though that might have gotten retconned at some point).
>>
>>53958904
I've mostly used a combination of Tiled and photoshop to make the few maps I have. Don't really have the money to spare, unfortunately, to try out Dungeon Painter Studio. It looks pretty cool, though.
>Fantasy Grounds
Holy shit this is expensive. No way my players are gonna shell out for that.
>>
>>53958996
reeeeeee and so on and so fourth.
>>
>>53958996
Never been more glad that I don't get it.
>>
>>53958996
>Reading twitch chat

Who's this for anyways
>>
>>53959398
Looks like Critical Role.
>>
>>53959228
Fantasy Grounds is great. Worth going in for the $10 sub for a month to check out, at least. You get access to basic rules and SRD content with that (which is more than Roll20 has).

Once you get a bit familiar with it it makes gameplay go a hell of a lot faster, especially combat with things like applying advantage/disadvantage, dealing damage and healing, rolling initiative and saves and rolling against saves and so on.

You can cast a fireball by ctrl-clicking each target, hitting a button to roll all of their saves, then another to roll damage, automatically dealing damage to those who failed and half damage to those that succeeded. That cuts the time for AoE spells down by like 80%.
>>
File: 1498194366566310181179.jpg (613KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1498194366566310181179.jpg
613KB, 2048x1152px
Bought one of the new wotc 5e minis, still working on painting it. What kind of glue am I supposed to use to attach the mini to its base?
>>
File: Beholder.jpg (106KB, 569x580px) Image search: [Google]
Beholder.jpg
106KB, 569x580px
>>53959409
Speaking of Crit Role, anyone watching right now?
>>
>>53959497
It does look nice, but I can't pay a premium for something like that, and I doubt my players will want to, either. I'm fiddling around in the demo right now and yeah it definitely has a lot of depth that Roll20 doesn't have.
>>53959569
I'm way behind, so no. I did watch the battle royale, though. That was fun.
>>
File: Vecna_by_jdillon82[1].jpg (283KB, 600x905px) Image search: [Google]
Vecna_by_jdillon82[1].jpg
283KB, 600x905px
>>53959569
uhuh
>>
>>53959586
I'd say pitch it again once the Unity update comes out. That's going to add dynamic lighting, ad-hoc map creation, and weather and lighting effects for maps, alongside a ton of other goodies.

Really they just need a limited free demo for people to use like Roll20. I love FG and the devs are chill but it's held back by its original permanent licensing system.
>>
>>53959504
Two-part epoxy or bust.

No but really just about any glue that bonds to plastic would work. It's not that big of a deal. Maybe scuff up the bottom of the fig and the top of the base with sandpaper if you want to be overly sure.
I hope you're thinning your paints.
>>
With no enemy within range, the barbarian hit the earth in his fit of rage.
>rage remain active
>>
Warlock is for...
>>
>>53959624
Pleasing Titania big titi.
>>
>>53959624
Blasting.
>>
>>53959624
Fun
>>
>>53959569
Incoming TPK
>>
>>53959623
>Your rage lasts for 1 minute. It ends early if you are knocked unconscious or if your turn ends and you haven't attacked a hostile creature since your last turn or taken damage since then
>hostile creature

I mean it's all good if it's a one-time thing for fun and such, maybe make him bash his head into a rock and take damage next time, but consistently using that tactic is bs and should not be allowed.

>>53959682
No way. You're serious? After everything they've been through? Fuck, tempted to watch, now.
>>
>>53959706
Power Word: Death on Vex, done.
Disintegrate on Vax, done.
That's already -2. Looking forward to dat TPK.
>>
>>53959722
Retract that, Disintegrate was actually counterspelled.
>>
>>53959722
Aaaaand Matt with the retcon
>>
>>53959741
He loves that party and surely doesn't want the story to have such a bleak ending. I can understand him

However, the way it goes, there probably is nothing they can do. This party is shit at tactics.
>>
>>53959763
Just tuning in, any chance of a recap chief?
>>
>>53959773
Power Word: Kill on Vex.
>>
>>53959706
>haven't attacked a hostile creature
if you attack your allies they become hostile. Problem solved!
>>
>>53959763
>This party is shit at tactics.
No surprise, they had no idea what they were walking in to.
Sometimes Matt is pretty bad at telegraphing (hell, even hinting at) what's about to happen. I think he gets too caught up in marveling at how clever he is.

>>53959773
>Party goes to the Shadowfell and finds a big tower with Vecna, Delilah Briarwood, and a Death Knight waiting for them on top
>>
>>53959773
Well, the whole city transferred from Shadowfell to Material. Party Earthquaked the obsidian tower, but the top left hovering in the air, and Vecna appeared above it. They're fighting him, Delilah and what's-his-face Lord Briarwood (now as Death Knight) and getting their ass kicked bad.
>>
>>53959809
>>53959818
>>53959820
Cool, thanks. Opened the stream and they do not look happy.

They're doomed, right?
>>
>>53959832
>They're doomed, right?
They're suuuuuperfucked
>>
I don't watch this gay show, but I hope they all die. So on a scale of 1-10 how boned are they?
>>
>>53959832
Well, probably not. Taliesin rightly mentioned that the enemy tactics is kinda 'top-heavy', they burned a lot of high-level stuff.
Ooops, Grog got banished. Yeah, they're fucked.
>>
Well at least grog gets to rage through the shadow fell until he goes insane
>>
>>53959847
Well, they're fighting Vecna with no plan. One is dead, another has been banished from the plane they were on.

I give it a 8.
>>
Bye Vax!
>>
>>53959867
>Well, they're fighting Vecna with no plan.
Hehehehehehehehehehehehe

These people didn't know anything about the game before this campaign right?
>>
>>53959847
I watch it, I'm quite a fan and I too hope they all die. New campaign starting at low-levels in a postapoclyptic world overrun by Vecna's henchmen? Fuck yes.
>>
>>53958671
Group of 7 wolves on 1 initiative, and then an Alphawolf (Direwolf, or a nerfed Werewolf, that would be cool) on its own. Giving a group of mooks one leader makes it memorable, and not a slog fest.
>>
They're actually fighting Vecna? Of course they're screwed.
>>
>>53959847
The party member that does the most single target damage in a turn is banished
The ranger is dead (but revivable)
The rogue is super dead (True Res only)
Everyone else is mid-HP and vulnerable to another Power Word Kill

So about an 11.
>>
>>53959878
>These people didn't know anything about the game before this campaign right?
Just Taliesin, the rest were newbs
>>
>>53959867
Two dead, one banished and they're not realizing they have to break Death Knight's concentration.
They killed Delilah (the resurrected necromancer chick) though. They're still pretty much fucked.
>>
What level are they?
>>
>>53959905
I don't think Matt went so far as to give Vecna to 9th level slots.
>>
>>53959921
18, I believe. They have the mcguffins of the campaign, but yeah...Vecna.
>>
>>53959930
He used Power Word: Kill.
>>
>>53959921
Between 16 and 18
>>
>>53959933
Damn. It's looking like a TPK, but I'm just waiting for the bullshit to start.
>>
>>53959941
Shit, didn't finish before sending. I meant more than 1 9th-level slot.
>>
>>53959949
Even if he had just the one, another disintegrate is probably in the cards

>>53959944
Discord/Twitch chat are already melting down. It's pretty entertaining.
>>
>>53959944
Ahahaha that DM hint to run for it
>>
>>53959958
Fucking hell, just kill them, Matt. I really hope that Keileth doesn't have anything to get them out now.
>>
>>53959980
Plane shift sadly.
>>
>>53959985
She doesn't have 9th and 8th level slots, and I'm not sure about 7th.
>>
I just read the spell Dream for the first time, looks fun as hell for an assassination tool.
>>
>>53959985
>>53959999
And she burned her 7th on the _countered_ Fire Storm. I am fairly sure they're not getting out if Matt doesn't get all pityful.>>53959985
>>
What's are the more "exotic" humanoid races? Anything that, even by a very slim chance, might live in civilisation with the rest of the more common races. I'm thinking beyond player races though, like knoll, or lizardfolk, pixies, etc.

I'm trying to add a fun tidbit to my character's backstory where he had a one-time drunken fling with (weird race)
>>
>>53960052

Check Volo's. Any of the new racial options should be "humanoid enough" and they all have some decent lore stuff on background.
>>
>>53959980
This has just become a war of attrition that I fear the players are going to win.

I didn't tune into a thing I don't care about just to see everyone live.
>>
>>53960052
fug a Yuan-ti
>>
>>53959980
So they retconned one death, Grog comes back penalty-free, and they somehow have enough time to loot nearly all the dead player's important items.

Figures.
>>
>>53960199
And now Pike's armor counters Disintegrate lol
>>
>>53960199
>>53960236
At least those stupid fucking boots are gone.
>>
>>53960236
That's why you quest for a year looking for dem artifacts.
>>
>>53960243
Matt's forgotten his own item tho:

>when the wearer is knocked unconscious by an attack or spell
>unconscious

Pike should be ash right now
>>
>>53959569
Yes and its total chaos
>>
>>53960267
Has the plate Awakened yet? Maybe it has some other effect.
>>
>>53960199
>retcon one death
Which happened anyway because Vecna just zapped him again.
>Grog came back penatly free
Which is what Banishment does; if the Death Knight kept it for a minute, he would have been gone more permanently.
>someone have enough time to loot nearly all the dead player's important items
That I agree with. Getting the ashes, the boots, AND the armor is a bit much.
>>
>>53960284
Yeah Matt said it was already awakened in Talks Machina
>>
File: DC-_7txVoAQNo96.jpg (114KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DC-_7txVoAQNo96.jpg
114KB, 1200x675px
>good vibes only
>>
Scanlan you fucking beast
>>
Counterspelled your counterspell. That's why they can't do shit without Scanlan.
>>
These people seem like trash.
>>
>>53960335
What would you have done differently, anon?
>>
>>53960345
No, no, I just mean personally. They seem like human trash.
>>
>>53960267
They've already had it come up before in a prior boss battle:

An Ancient Green Dragon with around 18 levels of spellcaster fired a Disintegrate at Pike and killed her, but the armor brought her back because of it's divine nature.

Power of gods (for now) trumps the, "if brought to 0 HP" clause of stuff like Disintegrate, Finger of Death, etc.

However, if Vecna does get demigod status after bypassing through the Divine Gate (one of the things keeping him out) he may be able to start counter-acting the artifact-level powers.

That's when things will get REALLY rough.
>>
Honestly, the fact that they got out of that fight with a 1 for 1 trade of foes killed (they took out Delilah + dragged her body with them, and Vax got Disintegrated) is the best case scenario for them.

They now know what they need to do/work on for round 2 with Vecna and his Death Knight (who is probably wielding the Sword of Kas), along with what they need to keep them alive ahead of time (HEROES FEAST) and who they need to protect (Scanlan, Pike, and Keyleth, in that order).
>>
>>53960413
They almost lost 3 tho, Vax, Vex and Grog.
>>
>>53959847
One person died and will be True Resurrection'd next session. So... 0, I guess. No real lasting impact, lel. You didn't think they'd actually let the cast of what might as well be a TV show die in a battle against evil, did you? The Critical Role team are like the cast of any major primetime TV show. One might die here and there for reals to keep the stakes high, but otherwise they are invulnerable.
>>
>>53960371

So you relate on a personal level. Good on ya'.
>>
>>53960371
Explain.
>>
>>53960422
Matt has said time and time again he does not like the True Resurrection spell, so he might not even let her use it.
>>
I can't believe how stupid Marisa was once again. While Grog was banished, Keyleth Fire Stormed Vecna (which would've done nothing useful at that point) instead of the Knight who was keeping Grog in the Shadowfell. Thank God Vex was smart and got him out. Geesh Marisha, stop hitting the bottle beforehand fighting Demi-Gods.
>>
>>53957638
Dryads, giant spiders, and a mimic.
>>
>>53960433
>stupid Marisa
Real talk: when has she ever done something smart?
>>
>>53960446
Only once, and that's was sheer luck: feeble-minding Raishan the green dragon. Never again though, that is Vox Machina's curse apparently
>>
>>53960446
Rotting Raishan's brain.
>>
>>53960419
Honestly, Grog being Banished was a temporary problem that could have become permanent, but Vex FINALLY got a round and nova'd the Death Knight to make him lose Concentration, a thing that Percy was also trying to do once he saw that the Death Knight had to maintain a spell to keep Grog off the battlefield.

The Revivify just let them try and get another player in the round order and see if they could do something. At worst, it's another body that Vecna had to deal with, which eats up another spell.

I'm also glad Matt toned back the spellcasting Legendary Actions from 4 to 3. In the Raishan fights she was able to Legendary Action off two leveled spells in one round, and then had the option to Counterspell still before it returned to her turn for her to continue throwing out powerful spells.

It looks like Matt's made it so that Legendary Action cantrips are 1 Action, and actual level spells require 2 Actions.

My guess is that Vecna's probably got a 20 Constitution score (I heard Matt say that Vecna had a +10 on the Concentration check when Percy fired a full power Cabal's Ruin at him), and a 30 for Intelligence, which is why his spell save DC is a 24 (8 + 6 Proficiency bonus + 10 INT modifier), a thing that only Pike and Keyleth can beat on a non-nat 20.
>>
>>53960446
So Crit Role's worst point is it awful because of the inane ongoing twitch commentary, are y'all trying to lowball them?
>>
>>53960433
She was able to chain the Firestorm together to hit both Vecna and the Death Knight. But then Vecna Counterspelled it, so...
>>
>>53960454
I wouldn't even call it luck. 1000 Monkeys rolling dice and eventually one of them will do something "smart"
>>
>>53960446
Feebleminding the Ancient Green Dragon with spellcaster levels is the biggest one.

She was able to cast and keep up Sunbeam when fighting a vampire, and was able to use it to kill the damn thing WAY back during the Briarwood arc.

But outside of those two things, not a whole lot of good stuff.

And of all the cast, she's probably the one who drinks the most while on camera, and you can see it show in a lot of these tense battles (the Kraken one being the worst/best example of them all).
>>
>>53960474
Still, she could've changed it from Death Knight to Vecna, not necessarily drawing the attention of a counterspell. Grog should've been the priority, not her stupid Overwatch joke-elemental flair; she was forced to sit down because of that blind arrogance
>>
Actual Intelligence scores of Vox Machina

Taliesin: 17
>only one who thinks at /thatguy/ level
Liam: 15
>not done anything unnecesssarily useless, does a lot with what he's given (which is a lot)
Laura: 15
>literal scheister when it comes to hoarding, but has logic and forethought
Travis: 14
>feel bad he got stuck for so long with such a dumb character, he OOC has great ideas
Sam: 13
>zones out from time to time, but he makes clutch moments happen with quick thinking
Marisha: 9
>playing a spell caster is counterintuitive for someone who has no intuition, stumbles into success sometimes (and lava)
Ashley: 3
>lower than Grog, you could use animal companion on her and it'd work with her stupid complacent potato awareness
>>
>>53960555
Current party, sure. But Orion would be literal /thatguy/ level, way more than Taliesin.
>>
>>53960567
Yeah, I sorta miss his metagaming sometimes, would make their combat run a little smoother
>>
>>53960555
Sam's should be higher.

His moves have saved the team a lot, and he has the balls to go for it.
>>
What are some disease themed enemies? Anything that decays, rots, poisons and all that kind of shit is good.
>>
>>53960587
Othygs
>>
>>53960580
>>53960567
Well if he wasn't so bitchy cause of getting that HIV then he would probably be better.

Orion fucked up, good riddance. He ruined the Kvarn fight.
>>
>>53960587
Spawn of Kyuss.
>>
>>53960580
I miss his character. Tiberius was a badass and fun to watch.
>>53960555
>>53960581
I agree, Sam might have his low moments, but when he has all his resources available to him, he goes hard.
>>53960591
I had no idea that happened.
>>
>>53960591
What'd he do
And yes I live under a rock
>>
>>53960581
Normally I'd agree, but transitioning back to scanlan has made him lose his edge
>blindly teleporting past a prismatic wall
He's bold, that doesn't make him too smart though
>>
>>53960616
>Blindly Teleporting past a Prismatic Wall
I'm still not sure how this would work.

Does the indigo layer stop this?
>>
>>53960654
I don't think so. You're not actually casting a spell THROUGH the wall. You're casting a spell on one side of the wall that moves you instantly from point A to point B. Indigo layer happening to be between point A and B is irrelevant as teleportation doesn't have to draw a path or move you through objects or anything, it just placed you there.
>>
>>53960654
He used Dimension Door into a Prismatic Wall Bubble; at first, Matt had him take damage for each layer, but after retrospection of the rules, he allowed it to work since DD travels through the Astral Plane, where the wall has no boundaries
>>
>>53960654
That's kinda what happened after Mercer retconned the first description. Indigo layer stopped his teleportation, he popped out on it, passed through it, got blinded by the Violet layer and was inside. I don't really agree with that ruling, but it's not as bad as the original one, and not as unfair as a RAI, which supposedly boils down to Dimension Door just letting Scanlan jump all the way.
>>
Does anyone else have a sort of internal reluctance to leap into high level with campaigns? I just feel like 5E operates best in the 3-10 level. Maybe it's just a consequence of playing a fuuuuuckton of E6, but even when running a relatively high magic setting, but I just can't get over a reluctance to stick in that rough area.
>>
>>53960695
The best levels are 1-6 anyways
>>
Are /criticalrole/ general again? You guys said it would be one time thing.
>>
>>53960716
To be fair the episode tonight kind of sounded like a big deal. Also I was unaware of this D&D lore being a scrub myself, so hearing about it second-hand was kind of fun.
>>
>>53960695
It's true, devs basically admitted to it. 15+ lvl games are pretty much not supported by WotC.
I tried running a 4th tier campaign lately. Went all kinds of bad, but we managed to finish it with party member killing each other in a fight over an artifact and BBEG showing up to successfully kill the last one standing. However powerful your PCs are, remember that you most probably won't have a player smart enough to run them to their full potential.

>>53960716
Stream is over, chill.
>>
File: 1459731481736.gif (952KB, 230x181px) Image search: [Google]
1459731481736.gif
952KB, 230x181px
How are beast master conclave rangers from the revised ranger UA?
>>
>>53960709
I disagree. 3-10 is the sweet spot for me.
>>
>>53960789
Playable.
>>
What would be the apropiate military ranks for the 15th and 16th centuries?
>>
>>53960789
Depends who you ask. Most people say good, some people scream "OP PLZ NERF" and others say weak.

It's pretty good though.
>>
>>53960826
What kingdom/duchy/republic/empire/country?
>>
>>53960587

Nurtured One of Yurtrus
>>
>>53960733
The "Tiers" in it this time being 1-5, 6-10, 11-15, 16-20? I could definitely see that. Maybe some with some experience I could see 11-15 working, but fuck if I don't feel better running five sessions at level 5 instead of waltzing up to 15 and having to raise the stakes like a motherfucker because my party are now demigods.

>>53960709
1-2 are basically just designed to introduce players to the game. Unless I'm starting something where the characters being glorified NPCs is part of the story of the campaign -- such as the most recent one I ran -- I'd definitely start at 3 every time. The HP at 1-2 is just so fucking swingy that you're basically playing rocket tag.
>>
For a succubus/incubus, is draining kiss the kind of attack that's only fair if the player is tricked into kissing them, or can the succubus/incubus force themselves on someone during the fight and kiss them? If they can do the latter, is it only fair if I give the players a grapple check to fend them off before the constitution save? Am I just overthinking things?
>>
>>53960832
>>53960823
Which pet would be the one if I wanted to go with a mostly melee party but I was ranged? Wolf or panther seemed strong, but I thought the prone attacks could fuck up my archery stuff.
>>
>>53960695

1-10 for the win. Anything higher than 15 is just for NARPs to jack off to.
>>
>>53960854
Wolf to help party, you shoot the unengaged fuckers.
>>
>>53960854
Giant Crab, can drag people away to keep you safe while also moving them around for your frontliners.
>>
>>53960842

From Paris to Moscow.
>>
>>53960823

I would say "streamlined." It no longer does weird things in pursuit of weird ends.
>>
likely a stupid question but warlock blade pact question. It says that youre proficient with your pact weapon. so if i make a magic bow my pact weapon am i proficient in it?
>>
>>53960891
There's been clarification on this. A weapon you summon, you're proficient with. A magic weapon you make your pact weapon, you're not.

Bows can't be summoned but they can be made your weapon if you find a magic one. Sadly you will not be proficient in anything but simple weapons though.
>>
>>53960853

"The fiend kisses a creature charmed by it or a willing creature."

Stop thinking. Start reading.
>>
>>53960853
You should carefully read how it works, friendo .
>>
>>53960905
>>
I once saw a homebrew for a zombie fungus druid around here, does anyone know of anything similar?
>>
Our DM is getting really frustrated with how poorly he's rolling agianst our party. We were playing Phandelver and were going to Wyvern Tor, and found seven orcs (one of whom had chainmail on and some Fighter levels) and an ogre.

Our Bard tried a stupid plan which failed, after wich all these dudes came after us. Six orcs attacked our Fighter with Advantage. Only two attacks hit because his AC is ridiculous. Next, the bard's Heat Metal basically eliminated the boss orc while the ogre tried fighting our ranger, only managing to hit him once.

Once the boss orc was boiled alive in his armor, the bard reused his concentration slot to cast Tasha's Hideous Laughter on the ogre, basically removing him from the fight. The remaining orcs tried fighting the bard and warlock, but missed both because apparently 13 AC can be just as good as 21 (the warlock has literally never taken damage this campaign). The orcs died pretty soon after, and the warlock put Hex (Strength penalty) on the ogre and told the Fighter to grapple this dude, for once being able to make use of the Hex penalty everyone forgets. He was then able to finish it off with his dragon breath at close range (dragonborn Fighter), so that was pretty awesome. Yesterday was a good day.

Heat Metal seems kind of OP since it doesn't require a save, but I guess the odds of encountering an enemy with metal armor are pretty low.
>>
>>53960966
>Our DM is getting really frustrated with how poorly he's rolling against our party

So why isn't he rolling behind his screen and fudging?
>>
>>53960966
Heat metal is actually OP as shit, especially when used against players.

The orcs probably should have used some strategy there, especially if the casters were in range. They got a charge attack as a special ability, so they could have charged at the back line. If they decide to gang up anyway, the solution to high AC due to armor is shoving/grappling with assist.

That said, get him some new dice.
>>
>>53960966
Heat metal is fucking retarded and I've given it a houserule in my game that it can be saved against and that it requires the caster to be in melee first to use.
>>
To what extent do other DMs "cheat"?

I generally draw on roughly correct stat blocks but adjust during combat based on how the battle is going. Like, if they're killing it too quickly, I'll just give it more HP, or if it's doing too much damage, I'll remove its multi attack.

I feel vaguely like I'm flying by the seat of my pants but my players seem happy.
>>
What monsters do you as player/your players as GM absolutely loath/fear from bad experience?
>>
>>53961026
Rust monsters because I enjoy playing martials
>>
>>53961026
Like >>53961029 said, generally they hate the ones that fuck with their gear the most, so I don't use them often.

Past that, anything that can ambush them during rests.
>>
>>53961022
my biggest cheat is i usually don't tpk my groups unless it's just overwhelmingly foolish on their part, if its just a nail biter fight sometimes i just let it happen
>>
>>53961022
95% of my monsters don't have statblocks. They're just there, and everything i s in my head as it feels appropriate. my players have never caught on that the monsters never have actual stats.
>>
>>53961022
I do the same, I don't even give make a max hp I just track damage and decide when it seems like a good time for them to have killed the creature. They fought an alpha Owlbear with 140 hp recently and loved it.
>>
>>53961007
The DM also said that if the opponents hadn't been orcs this is what would've happened.

Thing is that orcs like to fight strong dudes, and our Fighter is a really strong dude. They're not that interested in scrawny casters or gay elves. And once they realized that the casters and ranger were a threat they did split up and go after them, only they rolled really poorly against them.
>>
>>53961026
4 years and a Edition later my group still just nope's the fuck out when I mention giant jumping spiders.
>>
>>53961022
4 PCs, lvl. 3
Fighting a Roper (CR5)
My DM admited he held his hand on the Roper, and reduced the HP of two Drakes that were to join the fight after we killed it.
We nearly TPKed to the Roper alone.
Yet, the Drakes killed our Cleric (totally his fault, almost got everyone killed)
>>
>>53961089
As a DM, I love ropers.

Because I've made my players terrified of them.
>>
>>53961026
Any direct action by the Carskan Territorial Authority, because the players know that shit just got serious and will likely have lasting political ramifications. More or less the same effect as having the US Cavalry arrive in a Western, if they were also the SS.
>>
>>53961095
Oh, to add to it, only me (Warlock) had a ranged attack against it, so the 3 dummies were basically food.
>>
>>53960732
>>53960716
Tonight's episode was them beginning the final arc, which looks to be Vecna going for godhood by invading the Material Plane and looking to drop a city full of undead on the world, probably starting with Vasselheim (this plane's version of Vatican City + NYC + Cradle of civilization all in one).
>>
>Level 4 Valor Bard
>10 STR, 16 DEX, 14 CON, 8 WIS, 12 INT, 16 CHA

Should I raise my Dex for the bonus to hit and damage or my Cha for spellcasting. If I raised Cha would it be worth taking medium armour master to make maximum use of my 16 dex?
>>
Doing a fighter who's getting so angry at the world he's turning into a barbarian, should i stick with fighter till third level then barbarian, or just two levels in fighter? Is the 19 crit worth it?
>>
>>53961125
Isn't Vecna already a god?
>>
>>53961139
With 16 dex I'd advise against MAM especially if you're planning on raising your dex more.Studded leather is now 12+3 (15), and it'll increase to 16 if you increase your dex.

MAM is capped at 17 unless you want stealth disadvantage.

All in all there's not a massive difference between 15 and 17 Dex, especially if you're staying at range. I'd personally go for Cha, since as a bard I suppose you're more interested in making the most use out of your bardic abilities rather than being a rogue without sneak attack or a ranger without things like colossus slayer.
>>
Mimics -

>Adhesive (Object Form Only). The mimic adheres to anything that touches it. A Huge or smaller creature adhered to the mimic is also grappled by it (escape DC 13). Ability checks made to escape this grapple have disadvantage.

Does anyone else abuse the hell out of this? Every time my players attack my mimics they get their weapons, feet, hands, shields, anything stuck. I'm not sure if it's intended that way, but it works out more interestingly in combat.
>>
>>53959569
U'm up to ep 50, is it worth skipping ahead and watching from the current arc or should I just wait until I catch up? Also which episode does the current arc start from?
>>
>>53961174
Depends on your incarnation of Vecna, but a major plot of Vecna's long running storyline is him ascending into true godhood from his demi-god status
>>
>>53961171
It's barely worth it IIRC, so your choice.

But not having your second attack until 8 fucking suuuuucks.
>>
>>53961187
That's exactly how it's intended. Mimics are sticky death traps that bludgeon and chew whatever is attached to them to death.
>>
>>53961194
but critting more often as a half orc with barbarian crit extra too...

Is the math on it good enough to justify second attack at level 8?
>>
>>53961194
>>53961203
You can go Fighter 1/ Barb 6 and then take the extra 2 Fighter levels after that?
>>
>>53961174
It varies from edition to edition. His followers had 'godlike' titles attached to him and would refer to him as such (The Whispered One, The Master of Secrets, etc.) but prior lore events based on what Matt said made it sound like he tried for godhood once, failed and was killed in the Shadowfell.

My guess though is that Vecna was revived due to him being a lich, and was banished from the plane and thrown behind the Divine Gate (the thing that stops gods from walking on the Material Plane) and was being held there by the Raven Queen.

But now the followers of him (Delilah and her cohorts) were able to gather up enough bodies and magical energy to fire off a large-size Plane Shift spell and dump an entire city of undead, being led by Vecna, past the Divine Gate and onto the Material Plane.

I am inclined to think he's not a true god YET, but probably has demigod status due to the amount of knowledge, arcane power, and the faith of his followers in him. He's probably looking to kill/convert more people to his sway so he can finally attain that divine spark and become a true god.

And what better way to do that than by killing all the faithful folks in the holiest city on the Material Plane?
>>
>>53961203
It evens out in the long term, yeah, from what I remember, but it isn't significantly better.

Which is why it's up to you, really. I guess having 1 more level of delay isn't that bad, if 2 levels of fighter is your alternative.

>>53961224
Yeah sure.
>>
>>53961224
That's a good idea, but I've already played a bit as the fighter, so maybe I'll wait till I have second attack as Barb then switch.

>>53961232
I'll just leave it as an option down the line if I feel like the benefits are worth it.
>>
>>53961195
I've got a whole tower filled with the things.
Alternate door? Mimic stuck to the wall.
Obvious trap? Mimic that attacks when they try to disarm it.
Mimic? It's a mimic pretending to be a mimic.

Got a room that's just:

>This room is filled with chests, about 50 or so. All of them look alike.
>If they open one, DM rolls a d20.
>1-5, it's a Mimic.
>6-9, it has about 10gp in it.
>10-17, it's empty.
>18-19, it's a small handful of gold, about 100gp in total, or a combination of Hematite, Azurite, Tiger Eyes, and Obsidian (each worth 10gp).
>On a 20, it's a full hoard of loot.
>>
Has anyone seen a good Disease or Fungus druid? Maybe a pestilence druid or something.
>>
File: fungal lord warlock v0-2.pdf (2MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
fungal lord warlock v0-2.pdf
2MB, 1x1px
>>53961260
Not a druid, but you could try reworking the Walrock Patron.
>>
>>53961257
You are missing a suspiciously organic looking but real chest, the floor is the mimic
>>
>>53961311
Nice one. Into the mimic tower it goes!

It's actually an illusion tower, got displacer beasts and stuff too. The party are going through it at the moment, I'm having a lot of fun.
>>
I'm finally doing it /tg/, I'm about to pull an Adventure Zone and introduce DND to my family this weekend.

I'm only visiting for the weekend, so since it's a one-off, I'm creating the character sheets myself. My question is, should I start them at Level 1 so that they have the true beginner's experience, or at Level 2 so that they've a few more toys to play with and are less squishy? Or will even the features at Level 2 be too overwhelming for people who, all things considered, barely even know what DND is?
>>
>>53961325
Just do level 1
>>
>>53961325
Personally I'd say level 3, that's when most of the classes have get their first path feature
>>
>>53961333
>>53961325
Oh for complete novices.. why not steal the characters off the starter set?

They are clean trope characters built for simplicity.
>>
>>53961325
I feel you should go with level 1. I'm assuming your family knows very little about DnD, and as such is going to get scared if you throw too many things at them too fast. The less time you make them need to worry about picking this or that spell, the better.
>>
>party will be facing off against the mighty bandit king next session
>they are 5 level 12 pcs

am I being too cruel in giving either him or one of his underlings disintegrate?
>>
>>53961325
Level 1... with level 2-3 HP.
>>
>>53961359
>disintegrate
That seems a silly spell for bandits.
>>
>>53961021
Making Heat Metal a 5ft range is fair in games where people with anything metal's going to be common.

Otherwise yeah, fucks people up. Spike Growth can at least be avoided for all it's killing power.
>>
>>53961387
What spell would you recommend?
>>
>>53961026
Druids.

Anything that's a fucking Druid.

You seen the type of spells Druids got? I'm not touching that shit with a 10ft. pole.
>>
>>53961359
Don't give the bandits powers they shouldn't have. Get into the mindset of the bandits. How would the Bandit King handle a group of 5 tough motherfuckers coming right for him? Would he capture a few monsters and release them? Would he rig the entire fortress with explosives and threaten to take them all with him? Explore your options.
>>
>>53958846
>if the Earth you grab from is firm
That seems to deeply contradict the loose requirement.
>>
>>53961328
>>53961338
>>53961354
>>53961382

Thanks for the input guys, Level 1 seems like the best consensus. I might beef up their HP just a tiiiiiny bit so that I can throw more interesting enemies at them, too.

I considered using the Starter Set characters but I didn't want to take customization away from my family completely. I'm pre-making 90% of every character sheet and DEFINITELY pre-listing spells, but letting them choose their own race, weapon, and name will make them more personally attached to their character, and invested in the game, I think.
>>
>>53961184
>MAM is capped at 17 unless you want stealth disadvantage.
Read the feat.

>>53961260
Refluffing Twilight Druid and just picking the right spells is good. Same as Land (Underdark) Druid.

Disease Druids are the best.
>>
>>53961411
I could possibly do something like that, but the problem is the bandkit king and his has only been around for like 2 weeks as they were recently summoned from hell so he probably wouldn't have a particularly elaborate set up. The captured monster thing seems like it might be a good idea though.
>>
>>53961433
This seems the easiest but I want to create insects and shit. Sort of like the giant bugs from WoW, the Arathi or whatever
>>
>>53961403
Think like a bandit, they are lazy, undisciplined, and largely unremarkable.

I'd say some save or suck, crippling, deafening, stunning, disabling then add trained animals/monsters.
>>
>>53961434
Wait, your bandits were summoned directly from? That in itself has a lot of creative options if you think about the potential implications of it. They might even have a few captured demons/devils with them. Or maybe a few normal monsters acting as defense, but the King's personal body guards being possessed by fiends to give them some weirder, but justified, powers and some stat boosts.
>>
>At 14th level, your mastery of death allows you to tread the paths used by ghosts and other spirits. Using this feature, you can cast etherealness. Once the spell ends, you can’t cast it with this feature again until you finish a short or long rest.

So I could RAW cast it again right before it ends?

>>53961442
There's literally Druisd spells for that. Giant Insect I think.
>>
>>53961451
>directly from?
*directly from Hell
>>
Does anyone have a suggested spell list for a Life Cleric up to level 3?

I've got a new player joining my group tomorrow and I'm trying to give her a role that's not too tricky but also not too aggressive (she's not the type to just play a Fighter). I can build it, but I haven't played a Cleric of any kind before so I'm not sure of the optimal spells.
>>
File: fug.jpg (58KB, 600x797px) Image search: [Google]
fug.jpg
58KB, 600x797px
New to 5E from 3.5, is there really no base attack bonus? As far as I can tell the only bonuses you get are proficiency and stat bonuses, which means that a fighter only has like +4 to hit over a wizard or something. Am I doin it rong?
>>
>>53961470
That's right, he also scales with extra attack features rather then getting more attacks from the BAB or whatever. So you need actual Barbarian/Ranger/Paladin/Fighter class levels to attack more then once with the attack action.
>>
>>53961457
yeah but I wanna be the insect, or whatever
>>
>>53961470
If the wizard is using a weapon he's proficient in, they have the same bonus.

But the wizard won't want to use a weapon (beyond the first few levels at least), because that's for idiots who can't cast spells.
>>
>>53961499
Wild Shape and Polymorph.

Seriously you don't need homebrew for this kinda stuff, it's already in the game.
>>
>>53961434
Yeah. Basically a while ago I ran a level 0 one shot set 1000 years prior to the main campaign where they fought some super low tier bandits.

One pc (known as The Noble Falcon) was jokingly remembered as the most powerful ranger in the land, but he died in the first round of combat. I decided to use this, and as time went on The Noble Falcon was actually remembered as a true hero and the bandits remembered as the mighty Bandit King and his followers. more powerful than they actually were and as a result of people's fear the Bandit King and his men grew stronger in hell before being summoned by a bandit sorcerer who wished to usher in an age of bandits.

Despite this the first thing they do is go back to the same shitty village they raided in the past to finish what they started.

I've also been dropping references about them, such as a bandit the party met on the road claiming to be a descendent of the Bandit King and statues of The Noble Falcon everywhere, and books about both in libraries.
>>
>>53961431
I think choosing race is a bit silly if you don't let them distribute stats.

The quickstart rules are enough for most things anyway.
>>
Meant to reply to
>>53961451
>>
>>53961546
That's some cool shit, anon. I'd still recommend keeping them more on the bandit side than the hell side, but with a backstory like that, you can totally pull off a few infernal tricks with them.
>>
>>53961470
Yeah, that's right. But the wizard can only attack once, and the fighter gets more hits per attack action as he levels (which is effectively doubled thanks to action surge).
>>
>>53961489
>>53961501
>>53961571
hmmm, okay. This is weird but I will persevere. Thanks, anons.
>>
>>53961566
thanks lad
>>
>>53960902
I'd hardly call that clarifying anything. At best, it's confusing. At worst, it's a contradiction.
>>
>>53961571
Well you only get action surge once every short rest for the majority of the game so I don't see how it effectively doubles
>>
File: War God.jpg (124KB, 500x747px) Image search: [Google]
War God.jpg
124KB, 500x747px
>>53961359
In any setting that isn't low magic, I would say he probably have at least a few moderately powerful mages and one strong mage, a fair number of evil aligned priest / cult fanatics and a war priest, and large number or well trained and powerful bandits and tamed beasts. for 5 level 12 PCs, I would make the Bandit King himself a Warlord and have him have a War Priest, a Abjuration Wizard, some personal pet or pets of his that is moderately powerful (like a chimera, a wyvern, a few dire wolves, or something else appropriate but probably no bigger than large so it can follow him around), and between 6 and 12 veteran "bandits" at his side at all times, and the rest of the mages / priests / bandit captains - bandit veterans - bandit gladiators / Tamed beasts would be throughout his fortress. They would be looking out for intruders, planning, guarding the treasury and the king's inner sanctum, watching over the prisoners, and so on. Those are my suggestions at least.
>>
>>53961226
>>53961192
Thanks bros, so more than anything, 5e is also a throwback to what might've happened but hasn't eventuated yet?
There was that cameo in Curse of Strahd as well, the Mad Mage.
>>
>>53961624
It's not too complicated.

Is your pact weapon the default one?
>Yes - you're proficient, but it's melee only.
>No - you don't get proficiency or a choice of weapons, but it's a magic weapon you can summon at any time
>>
>>53961693
So far he's got a few way of the four element monks, 2 sorcerers and an eldritch knight. Other anons have suggested giving them some sort of demonic influence so I'll also think about doing that to spice them up.
>>
So one of my players picked ranger. He's lvl3 at the moment.
the rest of the party
>Red dragon sorc
>PAM paladin
>battlemaster fighter
>lpriest
How to salvage it?
>>
>>53961779
What do you mean?
>>
>train a skill
>Have yet to succeed at that skill because I always roll like shit on it
One day I'll do something with that athletics
>>
>>53961693
Does that helmet have a mustache?
>>
So is the point of Hexblade to force the warlock to dump their spell casting stat in favor of spells that don't require saves?
With Greater Pact Weapon and the additional damage from Hex would you still be helpful to your team? But is 3d6+str+1(assuming you create a great sword and use hex) enough to justify going melee?
You could use your first turn of combat to cast bladeward and select a hex target. But this limits you to choosing the Hexblade patron since mage armor requires more of a dex commitment.
>>
What are some beautiful character sheets?
>>
>>53961840
Two-Weapon on Hexblade's a meme, the main advantage of it is getting to be pure-CHA so your saves don't suffer with casting.

If you want to be Two-Handed I highly recommend being a Paladin/Bladelock or Fighter/Bladelock. You will need the Heavy Armour proficiency if you want to have even half decent spell casting.

For a STR build I'd go Fighter 1/Fiendlock X and pick up GWM.
>>
>>53961779
Have him be a ranger. Scouting ahead of the party able to get some information on baddies. Dangerous wildlife that he can either take the party around or use animal handling to tell them to fuck off. Is he at least using the revised ranger?
>>
>>53958241
I will DM my first session of 5e during the next week. I'm thinking of prohibiting anything from the UA since I've read on several occasions that the balancing is not always good. Due to my lack of experience with the system I'm not able to identify what is gamebreaking and what not. Is neglecting everything from UA a good idea or would you as a player be pissed?
>>
>>53961928
Ask players to check with you for each UA, then when they check post a question here asking if that one's alright.

Honestly in my experience, nothing made's that OP in a real game. Sure there's some powerful options but nothing completely fucks the game up.

Don't allow multiclassing with UA though, because that's when UA starts getting fucky.
>>
>>53961928
>>53961951
Broken things happen at higher levels mostly. At low levels you get things like crossbow fighters at worst.
>>
>>53961928
It would be better to ban all UA than allow all UA, but there's a lot of middle ground where it's entirely reasonable.

Definitely allow Revised Ranger, and consider a few others, particularly Warlock options, Rogue options, some of the Paladin stuff.

But the best bet is to go with >>53961951 and just say players have to ask you first. You get a chance to read through it and you can always ask here.

The only things that are outright broken are Loremaster Wizard and some of the spells and feats.

Mystic is too flexible but it's easy to nerf it down a bit.
>>
How are the classes in 5e? Are they actually decently and solidly built for once?
>>
>>53961975
A lot tighter than 3.5, not as tight as 4e.
>>
So Favored Soul, what kind of shit can I do with Cleric spells + Metamagic?
>>
>>53961998
Concentrate on two buffs at the same time/twin cast some heals.

That's about it.
>>
Aight posted in this general before, still fucking around with the idea for a Croaker-esque build from the Black Company.

Recently found a game with starting level 3 and I had a crazy idea:
2 levels in Fighter with Scout archetype in mind for medium armor and skill bonuses
1 level in Warlock with Raven Queen patron, because of all the goddamn ravens and crows that appear throughout the story. And I can technically "walk with the ghost" within 100 feet using the bird as a scout. Would also take blade pact, probably making a pike or spear depending on the gear, with a standard on it.

This amalgamation of retardery would probably be something close to "if Croaker went through the Taglios bullshit as he appeared in the first book when he fought shit himself"
So kinda like Murgen with less insanity

Any thoughts? Also, main goal of course is to have fun.
>>
>>53961951
>>53961968
>>53961972
Thanks for the advice. Since I play with a group of friends, I already know, that there is no one who would actively try to min-max anything. It is more the opposite, they would take bad decisions for fluff reasons (barb1/fight4 for example). I just wanted to be sure, that there won't be anything that I would regret later on.
>>
>>53962007
Alright, that aside how do I Sorcerer? Compared to my Wizard and Druid, their spells known feel too low to know what to take. For level 1 I'm thinking Guiding Bolt and Healing Word.
>>
File: DarkFeels.jpg (255KB, 1280x1122px) Image search: [Google]
DarkFeels.jpg
255KB, 1280x1122px
>session ends, GM gives out XP
>10 away from leveling
>>
>>53962078
Whatever you do, don't take multiple damage spells. The sorcerer in my group has almost only damage spells. He is very happy with this limited utitlity, so it is fine. But he is wasting a lot of potential.

I would recommend "Shield" since it is a spell that keeps its great utility throughout the whole game.
>>
>>53962091
Try to get roleplay XP or something. Say you go kill a dozen rats or practice on a training dummy or something that'd get you 10. Unless your GM's kinda a cock he should understand that that's bullshit
>>
What's the highest AC you could possibly get? Level 20 in any class(es), with help from as many casters as needed.
>>
Just got a cube of force. What to do?
>>
>>53961840
Depends on what kind of Warlock you want to be.

Do you want to primarily be a spellcaster, but also be able to go into melee if needed? Go for 14-16 Str and 18 Cha.

Do you want to be basically a Fighter that can cast Hex and smite? Take Fighter or maybe Paladin as first level, get 18 strength and GWM/PAM and like 12-14 Cha, as well as 14-16 Con. Not a huge deal to gimp your casting stat a bit since your primary spells will be things like Hex, with no DC or attack roll.
>>
>>53962120
1. Cube in pooper
2. Clench
>>
>>53962104
I was thinking I'd swap out Guiding Bolt for Shield after a few levels, when the damage it deals becomes worthless.

I know that I should basically take Enlarge/Haste/Polymorph or whatever the best buff spell is and twin that for my bread and butter, but the fact I've got next to no room for utility sucks ass.

Might take Ritual Caster: Cleric or Wizard for something to do out of combat.
>>
So I've been DM'ing for my group every week for the past two years. Tomorrow will be my first time as a player in any game since I started DM'ing. Any tips for adjusting to being back on the other side of the screen?
>>
>>53958340
Why don't Warlocks get EB naturally?
>>
>>53962053
Not this anon, but my friends and I will also be getting into 5e, any advice for us? We're coming from FATE and 4e.
>>
>>53962140
Don't rules lawyer.
>>
>>53962142
EB and Hex should be basically class features.
>>
For an upcoming game i'm doing this dude, a calm measured sort of fighter attached by the citys lord to a party of adventurers that are equal parts potential and trouble by the .

Human (Variant) [City Watch]
Fighter (Knight) 1 [Tunnel Fighter]
18 - 14 - 17/18 - 10 - 16 - 11/12
PAM
Athletics
Insight - Perception
Intimidation - Persuasion

Any idead on ways to tighten him up?
>>
>>53962148
It's simpler than 4e, but broadly the same. So don't expect much difference, aside from fights being a bit less involved.
>>
>>53962120
>dig a tunnel under the kings castle
>directly under the throne room cave out a large room
>place an ignation device in that room
>fill the cavern system with flamable gas
>compress the gas using your cube, compress it until it is more dense than your average party member
>leave the cube and trigger your ignition device
>>
>>53961840
The point of hexblade is for you to go into melee and do a little extra damage then Eldritch Blast by putting yourself in danger and blowing a bunch of spell slots for warlock smites.

Then immediately wonder why you're not just playing a Paladin if you wanted to run into melee and smite people.
>>
>>53962124
Smite of warlock doesn't seem worth it, not when it expends half of your spell slots. Why is warlock so set in forcing a player to use EB above all else?
>>
So does Transmute Rock work on stone buildings? Like can I completely fuck up an entire castle with this?
>>
>>53961840
>>53962167
>>53962174
Hexblade smitelock almost might have been worth it if they kept the UA mistake where the smites did 2d8 per spell slot, but they fixed it.
>>
>>53962118
It's in the thirties methinks
>>
>>53962174
Honestly it's not a bad class. It has a great spell list, but it just needs either more spell slots (adding one at level 5 would already be great), or more invocations that grant them more spells per short/long rest.

All the invocations that require a spell slot need to be either for higher level spells or they need to be a free casting once every long rest. And they need more invocations for free 'utility' spells, like Misty Visions for Minor Image. Maybe they should even level up over time: Misty Visions allows you to cast Major Image rather than Minor Image from level 5 on, things like that.

Also they need more invocations for interesting skills. The Mystic can do so much with limited resources, why can't the Warlock?
>>
>>53962179
Yes it does. However, 40 cube feet won't allow you to fuck up an entire castle but you could break a nice big hole into the wall.

You can however drown anyone within a cave because you could losen millions of litres of mud on him if you decide to aim at the ceiling.

A DM however could argue, that this spell only works on rock, not on worked stones.
>>
>>53962221
>The Mystic can do so much with limited resources, why can't the Warlock?

Because mystic is broken and warlock is marginally underpowered.
>>
>>53962268
>Mystic broken
It's not. If you use it well it's very good. But you need to use it well.

Versatility is the point of the class, if you're getting angry at them for being versatile you're not really helping.

Warlock is meant to be the very opposite. Specialized spellcaster.
>>
How is Celestial Warlock as a support role?
Alternatively what's the best druid circle for support?
>>
>>53962174
>>53962199
Eh, feels limiting early because of the way spell slots are distributed, but once they hit 11 a smitelock gets more extra d8s of damage than a paladin as long as they short rest at least once (and if the DM isn't allowing 2 short rests per day you shouldn't be playing warlock).
>>
>>53962297
>>53962221
The trouble I'm having with my Mystic at the moment is he keeps spawning Shadows from the Mastery of Light and Shadow class.

It's going to catch up with him when they start raising shadows not under his control that hunt him down, but what's the best way to deal with them? They keep being a pain in my arse because they're resistant to everything and drain the strength of all my creatures.
>>
File: 1493519627479.jpg (411KB, 1060x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1493519627479.jpg
411KB, 1060x1500px
How do you roleplay a female character?
>>
>>53962380
like a slut, obviously.
>>
>>53962346
Why wouldn't your DM allow you to rest as often as you want to? You simply have to face the consequences?
>>
>>53962380
Only if you are a women in real life or if you are transgender. I usually don't allow my players to play another sex as they are in real life. The reason for this is that, from my experience, when male players want to play as female they are that guy.
>>
>>53962491
Seems like certain character concepts work better with male or female characters.
For instance a Drow pirate captain would make more sense as a female since Drow society is matriarchal. While a nomadic, barely clad barbarian would be easier to think of as male, since "big man with big axe" is a fantasy trope.
>>
>>53962491
But trannies are just roleplaying anyway
>>
>>53962535
More like larping
>>
>>53962524
Yes, but the drow pirate captain would be most likely a character played by the DM. Therefore, this character will have less on-screen time than a player character and you can play it as you would play any character.

The reason for this is, there is no inherent difference in the behaviour of a male or female character. If you interact with a male or female colleague at work, they usually don't react that different. The personality of a character is more defining than the sex.

Of course, a high ranking drow female might demand carnal pleasures if she is interested in a mal character. However, that is "that guy" territory and should only be played out if agreed upon by everyone.

DMs who always roleplay female characters different from males create the impression of lacking social interaction with females.

If a player wants to play a women but is of male sex, it is most likely that sexual interaction is a relevant aspect, otherwise he won't chose the opposite sex (at least from my experience). That is usually the moment when I ask them politely yet firmly to leave.
>>
>>53958730
This is when my orcs bring their catapults to the battle.
>>
>>53962589
In SKT we had a PC captaining the airship, he was a pirate, "Captain of the Bahrovian Navy" he was a fun guy
>>
>>53962535
All fun aside, I never had a player who felt like he was trapped in the body of wrong sex. So far I only had the common players, so heterosexual and homosexual males and females. And those played the sex they are. This is one strict rule I won't change at my table. I've learned from strange friends of friends who were invited to play, that this rule is necessary.
>>
hey
i just received my copy of the character sheets
should i scan it or it's not worth it?

inb4 you can do a folio yourself
i know that, but i loved the art and i help my gaming store
>>
>>53962665
whatever make you happy?
>>
>>53962358
Attack the Mystic? Shadow Beasts is a concentration discipline power.
>>
>>53962665
I would like scans please. If they're good enough quality to use of course.

Are the sheets well designed?
>>
>>53962786
they seem normal to me, i'm scanning now
>>
>>53962804
Even if the sheets are nothing special, it's good to have a digital copy of everything for 5e.

Thank you anon.
>>
Anyone got any tips for Raven Queen Warlock at Level 10? Is Raven Queen even good?

I'm tempted to go Chain for multiple familiar shenanigans but I dont know if that'd just be a waste
>>
>>53962905
>I dont know if that'd just be a waste
If you'd have fun with it, it isn't a waste.

As for tips, depends what you're into. Standard Warlock builds apply.
>>
Druid, Sorcerer or Fighter?
>>
>>53963081
What are you trying to do?
>>
>>53963084
Have fun and play an enjoyable character.
>>
>>53962855
scanned
merging into a pdf
>>
>>53962589
>If a player wants to play a women but is of male sex, it is most likely that sexual interaction is a relevant aspect, otherwise he won't chose the opposite sex (at least from my experience). That is usually the moment when I ask them politely yet firmly to leave.

Wow are you fucking done, Buzzfeed?
>>
>>53962905
Raven Queen is good because of Spiritual Weapon and the free familiar.
>>
>>53962491
You ARE That Guy.

>you don't have a right to roleplay something different than what you are IRL because I'm paranoid about sex
>trannies ok tho

I bet you let girls roleplay dudes just fine.
>>
>>53963102
Then go Druid. Sorcerers are a little unpredictable, and fighters are mechanically boring.

Druids do everything pretty well.
>>
If I get True Polymorph can I become a dragon?
>>
>>53963202
Forget Dragons, become an attack helicopter.
>>
>>53961470
The difference between fighter and wizard is that the fighter is going to get to attack more often from level 5 onwards and the fighter has extra bonuses to attack and more reason to invest in weapon feats.

Wizards don't get a lot of spells at low levels where they can do melee damage somewhat comparable to a fighter anyway and are squishier, no armour etc.

Pretty much everybody has very similar to-hit values. The wizard probably may have the same as the fighter, or even more if they start using -5 to hit +10 to damage.
>>
>>53963081
Fighter 2 / Sorcerer
>>
So Stone Sorcerer is the gish option, and that's all well and good.

If I want to be a DEX build though isn't Dragon much better? 13+DEX AC, same HP boost and instead of teleport into melee I get +CHA to GFB.

Seems like a better deal aside from losing a Shield. Fighter dip seems alright though for Dueling style and Shield anyway.
>>
>>53962491
>>53962524
>>53962641

to be honest depending on age and average maturity of thr group it's a rule that makes a bit of sense.
you could let females players or experienced players that you trust do a character of their opposed sex, but as a baseline i expect a 22 year old male to roleplay a female character as a slutty male with tits that checks her own ass out in the mirror every morning.
i've seen it happen.
>>
>>53962905
Take a second raven, pact blade spear, play Odin.
>>
>>53963260
If you want to do a DEX build, sure.

But if you're doing a Fighter dip then also consider Paladin; two levels gets you weapon/armor proficiencies, fighting style, and Divine Smite.
>>
dnd character sheets
the file was too big to upload
here's the we transfer link

we . tl / uOolkt94D0
>>
>>53963261
That's ridiculous. So all DnD games should just be sausagefests? I haven't met a single girl that plays this.

I've played girls though. It's not that gender even matters all that much in DnD, there are just some character concepts that work better with girls.

If you're playing a dude you're not gonna flash your dick everywhere either, will you?
>>
>>53963260
Honestly the big deal is that shielding ability that reduces damage since it supports teammates and sorcerer is more supportive than gishey, so some rare support ability like that is great.
>>
Does anyone have a Critter compendium pdf? i couldnt find one in da archive
>>
>>53963358
i think there's no pdf avaliable on the winterwebz
>>
>>53963202
Yes. but you lost all your class feature, including spell casting. And people might dispel your magic mid-flight.
>>
File: CsoO2DtUMAAWuqD.jpg (96KB, 927x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CsoO2DtUMAAWuqD.jpg
96KB, 927x1200px
>>53963261
But what if I play my celestial warlock as a pure girl who just wants to heal people, read her holy book and blast some baddies?
What kind of turbo-virgins have you played with that every female character becomes a slut?
>>
>>53963520
Strawmen.
>>
My first session 0 tomorrow! What should I expect? Never had a session 0 before.
>>
>>53963568
Expect to make characters with interconnected stories
>>
>>53963595
When you don't know how the people are gonna play?

Bad

Idea.

You just locked your character with a retard he would never ever befriend much less trust.
>>
>>53962167
>>53962174
>>53962346

Okay, so this is how you play a melee warlock.

>Step 1: Get the Devil's Sight Eldritch Invocation.
>Step 2: Get the Darkness spell
>Step 3: Have good con saves and AC.

Congratulations, cast darkness on yourself and everything now has disadvantage to hit you and you have advantage to hit everything unless they have blindsight.

Just try and forget the fact that you're screwing over your party by covering every battle in darkness only you can see through.
>>
>>53963450
Who needs class features when you can become an attack helicopter

>>53963613
Why not anon, whats the worst that could happen, if it's too bad just leave to game
>>
>>53963699
"Our characters are childhood friends!"

First session, your 'childhood friend' rolls to rape the waitress.

I'd rather not be the only to leave game for someone else's autism, Anon.
>>
>>53963711
Roll to restrain the crazy autist than talk to the DM about kicking him out,
the punishment for rape should be pretty severe in game
>>
>>53963450
Once True Polymorph becomes permanent it can no longer be dispelled.

Even if it's not at the permanent stage, forcing someone to use a 9th level spell slot to dispel your magic pretty much means you break even, just need to keep Feather Fall prepared.
>>
>>53963728
Yeah, and the RP is ruined, and you got to retcon, and everything; also ignoring all the problems than trying to roleplay a relationship with people you actually just met brings.

It's way better that everyone comes around, but find good reasons to stick around. Having to people know each other while the rest of the party doesn't can also turn very very bad if those two are These Guys and you don't know who's That Guy until you see him play.
>>
>>53963744
anon you are paranoid, not every game has a that guy
>>
>>53963766
>talks from experience
>I'm paranoid

Yeah ok.
And that doesn't change how it's just more inconvenient than having people actually curious about who they just met.
>>
>>53963651
Well they may appreciate you drawing away some of the melee action.

Maybe you can best go for the pseudo-Barbarogue?

Warlock 5/Rogue X

Hex tides you over until level 5, and after that you can start adding d6es for sneak attack damage to every attack roll.
>>
>>53963775
You sound like my crazy uncle talking about the jews at thanksgiving dinner
>>
>>53963785
>Implying he can't be shutting down the backline of archers or the spellcasters
>Darkness on self is basically 15ft radius of "I'm going to hold this frontline all alone for up to ten minutes"

It doesn't even matter if you kill anyone.
>>
File: star-wars-obi-wan-kenobi-movie.jpg (418KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-obi-wan-kenobi-movie.jpg
418KB, 1200x600px
Would a pact of the blade warlock work for a jedi?
>>
>>53963785
At that point just dip 3 levels of warlock on a fighter.
>>
>>53963853
Do Soul Knife mystic. Take Force Mastery too.

Just cry because Soul Knife sucks.
>>
>>53963147
Yeah, I know that this might sound a bit like typical SJW talk. However, I really don't like to argue with people I barely know, why I don't want to roleplay sex scenes with them or that a high pursuasion roll does not mean that the bar wrench wants to fuck them.

To be honest, my experience stems from three players. Of course, that is too few to generalize anything from this experience, but in this three cases the evenings were little fun for everyone.

>>53963173
Maybe you are right, maybe not. I've discussed this with my core players and they agreed that this would be better. I obviously would not allow females to play as males either. I don't like double standards.

To clarfiy my situation. We are a group of five core players. Two male, three female. Occasionally, someone brings an interested colleague, a friend, the current boyfriend or girlfriend. In a four occasions these players were annoying to me and at least parts of the core group. In three of those four cases it was guys wanting to play female characters, who started flirting with every female NPC, asking what they were wearing and so on. This occured, over a period of multiple years and probably mor than 30 "guest players". So, the quote is not that bad.

>>53963261
That is exactly the problem. We are pretty much adults (all 25+). Have a healthy view on sexuality and - even though it sound otherwise - are not really prudent. I've been together with one of the girls i DM for for two years, there have been other relationships in this group as well. But roleplaying sexual encounters with strangers is simply something that does not float my goat and usually indicates pretty clearly, that the other guy is a kissless pervert.
>>
>>53963741
Fault.

Permanent duration is equal to "until dispel". It isn't the same as instantaneous effect.

http://www.sageadvice.eu/2015/11/01/can-permanent-magical-effects-be-dispelled/
>>
>>53963741
>>53963888
Also since a lot of idiot doesn't seem to understand it, they change the print to "until dispel" on the later edition of PHB.

But they didn't put it up on errata since it's the same thing mechanically, just a change of words.
>>
>>53963324
Well, I haven't played in a round yet, where there was not at least one female. Be it the DM or one of the players. The ratio probably is 40 percent female to 60 percent male. However, this is probably because I usually only DM for close friend and colleagues.

I can imagine that girls are somewhat cautious about attending totally random groups from all what I've read here. Not because they have to fear any harm, but awkward encounters seem guaranteed.
>>
>>53961723
As opposed to
>You can use an action to conjure your pact weapon.
>(Replace this part with the magic weapon).
>You are proficient when you attack with this weapon.
>>
What is the point of bladesinger?
>>
>>53963960
A wizard with untouchable AC and concentration check.
>>
>>53963960
Free AC, free extra movement and free advantage on concentration saves.

.. And that's literally it.

Instead of going cleric1/wizardX or dwarf-wizard or variant-human-armour-feats you decided to waste all your cool archetypes for more armour, fuck you.
Cleric1/WizardX shouldn't be allowed / you should only gain one 'tier' of armour per level.
>>
>>53963960
Another attempt at a "natural" arcane gish.
Coming at it from the opposite side of Eldrich knight
Sooner or later they must get it right.
>>
>>53960854
Giant Crab also can save your bacon by just standing about 10ft in front of you, if they run past it to get to you without going wide around, he attacks. If he hits then they are grappled and can't get to you.

Also has killer AC.
>>
>>53964008
Stone Sorcerer already exists.
>>
>>53963960
Int + Dex mods on top of mage armor. Big dick bonuses to conc checks. Increased mobility. Passable melee basics. For even better results, save level 1 spell slots to shield or resist elements of shit gets through your defenses. You can also use spell slots to heal yourself later.

And you are still a full caster.
>>
>>53964006
This.
I'd houserule "dips" have to be at least 3 levels.
>>
>>53964035
>>53964008
>>53964006
>>53963983
So is it workable if I intend to use mostly melee?
>>
>>53960854
If you're not going to go point-blank archery with CBE, then the giant crab is a strong choice.

>>53964054
Workable but not optimal. You could attack 3 times with haste up but you lack damage booster from fighting style.
>>
>>53964054
Do you want to be a swordswinger with buffs and blasts or a Buffer and blaster than can swing a sword?
>>
>>53964054
It's passable. You're not gonna out damage a true martial melee or a meme bladelock. You're a wizard who doesn't need to hide and cower. You are a bkadesinger. Show off your huge wizard cock/clit proudly.
>>
>>53964087
>swordswinger with buffs and blasts
this one. I should just use a college of swords bard shouldn't I?
>>
>>53964054
It's passable but it's a shit design and if you wanna play a wizard play a damn wizard not some elf AC meme.
>>
>>53964114
Paladin 2 / Sorcerer X.
Pure Draconic Sorcerer could work too.
Arcana Cleric with Shillelagh is another choice.
>>
>>53964054
The problem is that you're better off casting because you're a Wizard. Extra Attack (and a minor damage buff at 14th level) are pathetic incentives to try and swing a weapon instead of firing off spells with your Action.

Extra Attack doesn't even work in conjunction to the melee cantrips, ffs. The archetype is just really badly designed for its intended purpose.
>>
I want to build a earth sorcerer (lv 6) but I'm not sure of the spells to pick, right now I'm depending way too much in saving throws to do damage, any advice? I want to be in melee a lot and my PC hate fire magic and think dwarf earth magic is superior

0-
Mold Earth
Light
Mending
Shocking Grasp
Acid Splash
1-
Catapult
Earth Tremor
Wrathful Smite
2-
Dust Devil
Maximilian's Earthen Grasp
3-
Erupting Earth
Counterspell
>>
>>53963886
My group is ages 27-34 and we play across genders all the time (one of our female players almost always plays as a dude actually), but sex is hardly a regular topic in games. At best we get a character flirting with an NPC here and there, but it never goes any further. There are no kissless virgins among us though, maybe that helps.
>>
>>53964114
ิิBard doesn't have many blast spell. You will be stuck with shatter for a long time
>>
What are some interesting class/background ideas for a revenant in an Underdark campaign?
>>
>>53963568
Well, do you know your players' interests? What they like to see in a book/movie/whatever. It's time to find out if you don't. Then you can discuss the kind of game they're looking for/the kind of game you plan to run, and you can handle chargen at that point.
If you don't know your players at all, your focus is to get to know them as people (are they insufferable memesters or potheads?) and to put them through a small interview/test session (is this person That Guy? does he barely seem interested?)

Interconnected backstories can work if your group has been playing together for a long time. Otherwise, giving your PCs a common goal ("I want characters who want to overthrow the evil government"), plus, ideally, a common motivation ("I want characters who value justice and freedom") works much better.
>>
What are some non-edgy backstory ideas for a Fiend patron warlock?
>>
>>53964263
That's the same with our core players as well. We get along pretty well and if sex happens in-game it happens off-screen. Flirting and anything is no problem at all.

For some reason, some people seem to think, that when they are invited to a group were they only know one other player, that it is okay to roleplay without borders.

But maybe those are the same people who give you lewd remarks when you say you are meeting with your roleplaying party.

Or the came with a completely different expectation and really hoped that "roleplaying group" meant something else.
>>
>>53964233
Ask DM for a refluff fireball as bludgeoning damage or something?
>>
>>53964310
Our warlock has chosen something like the Sorcerer's Apprentice by Goethe (Der Zaubererlehrling). She worked for a mage, that mage told him explicitly where not to sneak around. She sneaked around nonetheless, stumbled upon a bound fiend within a enchanted circle. That fiend obviouly used his chance to get free and persuaded her to set him free. He offered her fast access to magic power without the need to study of books for years.

Out of curiosity he held his word and wanted to see, what his new Warlock would do with his powers.

Not that "awesome" but they all started at level 1 and I really hate level 1 character backgrounds that are simply "too much".
>>
>>53964416
That's stupid, the only way I see that work If it were molting rock and would still be fire damage
>>
How might a battle between kobolds and goblins develop? Let's say 100v100, with the kobolds starting in a high position on a hill.
Which tactics and weapons would each side use?
>>
>>53964488
Not that guy (>>53964416). But wouldn't a compressed ball of gravel that explodes to shrapnel work quite well?
>>
>>53964513
Goblins want to be scrapping up in the kobolds' faces.

Kobolds want to slowly pull back, leading the goblins through some sort of wooded area or cave, pulling them through various traps.
>>
>>53961391
We came across Spike Growth once.

I just asked "Like, I can jump 12 feet right? I'll just run, jump over it, then jump again, so I take like one or two tiles of damage clearing the thing."

As for Heat Metal.

When I was playing D&D I also had a hobgoblin mage-blacksmith named "Tarkhan the Cruel." who was famed for his ruthless and merciless tactics and his skill as a lord of the forge and knowing how to correctly smith and work adamantine.

When they eventually track him down to a dwarven forge and finally confront him themselves but his trick really salted the players jimmies. He had a magical item, the Iron Bands of Binding, and threw it at the rogue. He then had one of his Magma Mephit minions cast Heat Metal.

So they are stuck between fighting the Mephits to try and kill them off, or confront the wizard himself who is actually pretty tough. The loot was pretty nice at the end so they got a lovely reward for it, +2 Longsword that could cast searing smite and burning hands on charges, A suit of Adamantine Breastplate, a small quiver of +2 Adamantine-tipped arrows, the Bands of Binding, and a amulet that granted Resistance to Fire and allowed you to summon a Magma Mephit as your familiar. Several small crates of adamantine trade bars, rare flux, oils and other forging goods, several tomes on age old forging techniques handling adamantine, naturally.

And most plot-hook interesting item, A manual of golems that contained the knowledge to make an Iron Golem, but was rendered useless by hundreds of scribbles, notes, edits, transcripts, pasted cuttings from other books and dozens of other research ammendments created by the Hobgoblin that when deciphered, suggest that his long term goal was to design and craft an Adamantine Golem, so while ineffectual the book is of significant interest and value to certain NPC's.
>>
>>53964385
Tiefling reluctantly humouring his great great great grandfather.
>>
>>53964531
What if the kobolds are the ones attacking? They are trying to escort a dragon egg through goblin territory, with the PCs allegedly helping them.
>>
>>53964565
>He had a magical item, the Iron Bands of Binding, and threw it at the rogue. He then had one of his Magma Mephit minions cast Heat Metal.
That is delightfully cruel.
>>
>>53964662
Well, the kobolds would never want to take an engagement with goblins head-on, even if they're meant to be attacking.

They'd want to weaken the goblin fighting force faster than the goblins can pick them off, and then swoop in to wipe out the goblin army the moment they look weak enough.
>>
>>53964693
New thread.
>>
>>53964233
Could maybe pick up slow for level 3 and twin it. Since haste isn't too appropriate.
>>
>>53964565
I kinda wonder how DMs handle jumping over things because there's a lot of spell-based hazards that can be simply invalidated by jumping it such as grease.

I suppose if you put it in a doorway you can't jump there.
Thread posts: 401
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.