[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I want to create a setting that's basically a dystopic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

If I want to create a setting that's basically a dystopic bureaucracy (like The Trial, Brazil, 1984, Kallocain etc), where should I begin?
>>
All bureaucracies are dystopic

I would recommend starting with a flowchart of responsibilities and then just fucking it up, like adding dead ends and loops and such

"the associate secretary of amputations cannot authorize the operation without all the appropriate forms including 114-N, which you can obtain at the office of the minister for secular dismemberment. Unfortunately that office is currently unable to process any form requests due to oversight from the department of religious affairs, which will never authorize a form release unless it is deemed medically necessary by both the attending physician and a representative from the office of the associate secretary of amputations, both of whom must submit form 114-N in triplicate"
>>
>>53945639
That's a good idea, thanks!
>>
Paranoia?
>>
>>53945461
Tried to make one but then I took a deeper look at real German bureaucracy and realized that no fantasy beats the real world.. so look no further OP
>>
Look into Sweden .
You have to send papers and meetings between 5 different organizations that don't communicate with each other.
Just want my neetbux man.
>>
>>53945461

Your local DMV.
>>
>>53948743
>Their country doesn't have private DMV companies
>get Driver's license "certificate"
>go to cheapest "DMV"
>Hey I want 6 lessons
>ok
>do 6 lessons
>study rules
>hey I think I got this driving thing
>Do the 2 final tests
>get driver's license
>cost = 500 to 1500 USD, depending on how many lessons you take
Unless you're retarded and need special programs for like 3000.
>>
>>53945461
Three ideas come to mind over the either a bureaucracy that is in service to a truly evil regime, ala 1984, or a bureaucracy that has gone off the rails and continues to perform all it's original tasks despite the fact that the original purpose behind them is gone (good for comedy, ala Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy), or the bureaucracy is the perfect opposite of what it should be - a bunch of disparate authorities all jockeying for power instead of each one existing in service to the current regime, like a theocracy where the king is the divine representative on earth, but still buts heads with the actual clergy. The best thing is though that it is a bureaucracy - it exists to manifest the worldview of those at the top, so think about some themes you are keen on bringing into your world and then imagine the bureaucracy as a way to literally create a government that represents those themes.
>>
>>53945461
start at the DMV and work your way down.
>>
>>53948955
>read a book
>practice a bit
>stand in line a few hours
>take the test
>get driver's license
Now paying 500 bucks for a license, that's retarded
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.