[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/40krpg/ 40k Roleplay General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 44

File: Catholic Space Nazis.jpg (71KB, 383x498px) Image search: [Google]
Catholic Space Nazis.jpg
71KB, 383x498px
"Semi-New Stuff" Edition

For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War.
Not the wargame, not Chapter Master, not Space Hulk. Inquisitor is okay, but not many people know about it.

Not sure between starting Dark Heresy 1e and 2e? Pick 2e.

>Why did FFG lose the 40k RPG License?
Because they were bought by Asmodee and that caused some sort of licensing conflict.

>Will GW make their own 40k RPGs now?
Probably not. But if they do it will likely be worse than you could possibly imagine.

Book Repositories (If you're planning to download any Rogue Trader materials, read the .txt file in the RT directory)
https://mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg

There is a new Homebrew Megafolder option in above MEGA directory containing several things.

40K RPG tools, a site that contains stats or references for almost all weapons, armor and NPCs/adversaries. Not updated past DH2 core.
http://www.40krpgtools.com/

40k RPG Combined Armory (v6.48.161023), containing every piece of gear in all five lines. Now includes all DH2e books.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/i3akv9qx9q05z

The Good, the Bad, and the Alpha Legion (v1.0.0) (Total Conversion Deathwatch into the Horus Heresy)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/sbaiodixbeoxxd1

Mars Needs Women! (v1.2.15) (Mechanicus Skitarii and Taghmata for Only War)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/w1d6aq5cdr6anmh

Fear and Loathing in the Eastern Fringe (V1.6.4) (Playable Xenos for Rogue Trader)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fjhddohpscx1d7x

The Fringe is Yours! (v1.8.13) (More Xenos, Knights, and Horus Heresy gear for Rogue Trader)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/d28i243u2k7di3z

Previous: >>53842242

What would you prioritize as a player or GM of a horus heresy game? What would your legionary seek to aspire to in that dark time?
>>
>>53935332
>semi-new stuff

Where is it in mega?
>>
>DH 2e core rules are $300 Trudeaubux in Canada
Dammit why is getting into this game suffering?

I don't mind printing+binding at Staples but I'd prefer to own the actual product.
>>
>>53935416
should have gotten into it when it was new

it's like M:TG, the older the gets the more the old packs are worth
>>
>>53935398

it's probably the alpha legion book in the op.
>>
>>53936056
>semi new stuff
>horus heresy homebrew

I see what happened here
>>
Hypothetically, would it be possible to rig a void shield together with a power supply, with some kind of trigger to turn itself on, and sneak it somewhere where it could activate and cut a big hole into whatever it's inside?
And how big would that probably be?
>>
>>53936879
void shield generators exist, anon, and they protect what they cover when they expand out, not destroy it.
>>
>>53936879
It's been done in a book, literally

the generator units weren't very large

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Void_shield

spoilers if you look up the references in the "small scale void shield generator" section near the bottom
>>
>>53935416
Doesn't everyone use PDF's these days? Also, the mega really needs to get updated with the missing material now.
>>
I've had one hell of a Big Reveal in our last Rogue Trader game and I'm going to half-share-the-story-half-ask-for-advice.

We are a group of four - a SLIGHTLY heretek explorator (me), a missionary, a void-master, and a rogue trader (by class anyway). The last guy is the young son of the actual Rogue Trader, now "learning the trade" on a smaller ship his father acquired. We were tasked by the Rogue Trader with assisting his heir.

Now the actual Rogue Trader (an NPC) is a very secretive and supposedly paranoid man mostly communicating through trusted agents. Few people have met him in person - not a single member of our group has had the pleasure. And that includes his own son, who was sent off to get educated on an imperial world when he was several months old and barely heard from his father until he was ordered to join him about two years ago. Even with that he's yet to meet his father face-to-face, as far as I know.

Anyway I have discovered that the actual Rogue Trader has been dead for several decades and an AI has been impersonating him ever since. Also the rogue trader's 'son' was born at least ten years after his father's death.

Only the void master (who is a good friend of mine) and I know this at the moment. Advice?
>>
>>53935457
>yfw exploring spacehulk
>yfw find dead genestealers
>oh fuck not genestealers
>yfw keep finding more and more dead genestealers
>something clearly killed all the genestealers
>find a quite insane Radical Inquisitor with his Slaaneshi Daemonhost toasting each other's good health while the Inquisitor attempts to bind him further and the Daemon tries to get Inquisitor drunk enough to let his guard down enough to break free
>bonus points if bar is reminiscent of The Shining
>further bonus points if the Daemonhost serves the drinks

>>53936710
A Sororitas sect derived from a mission that got lost in the Warp, and are now quite profoundly insane (since they literally cannot be corrupted) and now consist of voidborns descended from the Sororitas and the male crew?

In case recipients didn't see them.
>>
>>53937744

MEGA guy is fucking gone, son. He's never coming back.
>>
How to build up relationships between PCs and NCPs in Dark Heresy? All the missions have the players running around the sector, and given their own inherent fatalism due to the setting about everyone/thing dying, I don't know how to make them make those connections.
>>
>>53937946
>now quite profoundly insane
>now
They aren't to begin with?
>>
>>53938102
Sororitas are in fact EXTREMELY sane.
>>
>>53938102
They start out at zero IP like pretty much anybody else, anon.
>>
>>53937921
Use the leverage of your knowledge to make the AI do whatever you want, lest you call the Mechanicus and they descend upon it with furious vengeance. Better yet, just do it anyway.
A.I. in 40k are NOT to be fucked with.
>>
>>53938046
Make them care out of character if they insist on being nihilistic edgelords. Have the NPC fill a role they don't very well. Then get him in peril, or captured, or hurt. See how quickly they get sentimental.
>>
>>53938046
>>53938205
It helps if they can help with stuff that's inconvenient, can't seriously contribute to combat, but can run/hide/fend for themselves when combat happens. That helps keep them from being too annoying, useless, or stupidly broken.
>>
>>53938176
pretty much this, fuck AI, but you might want to find out whos behind it first (if anyone besides the dead trader, I mean, the kid came from somewhere though, right?) if you can,lest some wizened old Heretek suddenly shoot you all in the back with 20 lasguns, each on the end of a Mechadendrite some sunny afternoon
>>
>>53938176
Just to clarify, I think the AI doesn't know that I know its secret. I've learned about it through a couple of more heretikal tech priests who sort of assumed I was in the know after I tricked them into thinking I was closer with the Lord Captain than I really am. I know they have been doing some sort of maintenance on it.

To blackmail the AI I'd have to come into contact with it which could be very dangerous. Other than that I'm considering ratting it out to Mechanicus higher ups immediately, sharing the info with the rest of the group, or just keeping quiet about it entirely.

If I do share it with the group I'm wondering if I should redact the shadiness of the origins of the RT's 'heir', since HE might react unpredictably...
>>
>>53938483
I'd say call it in and wait for the robot cavalry, but keep the "10 years" thing to yourself until you can find out more.
>>
>>53938483
you might want to figure out where the kid came from, as in, is he a clone or something?

if he doesn't share the Trader's blood line that could create issues as to who the true heir is, something a more clever man may find a way to circumvent somehow so as not to lead to open conflict but still walk away with the fleet

might want to keep a gun handy in case the kid freaks out when he learns something, if your DM is good at subterfuge they may be playing you against one another
>>
>>53937986
Fairly up to date duplicate available in /40k/ general's list.
>>
>>53935332
What do you guys do for inspiration? My last DH campaign just finished, and I suppose I should start making plans for another one, but it went REALLY off the rails, and while I enjoyed it, it's left me a little burned out.
>>
File: harrow.png (148KB, 500x577px) Image search: [Google]
harrow.png
148KB, 500x577px
>>53938720
The kid's background is that he's a ridiculously pampered lad always surrounded by servants, food tasters, guards, unwilling (and not allowed) to get his hands dirty or interact with riff-raff much. All supposedly by the instruction of his paranoid father who wasn't on particularly good terms with the rest of the dynasty and went to absurd lengths to shield his designated heir from any danger.

So yeah who know how he'll react. The player seems to have fun playing up his character's haughtiness, disdain for plebs, and bafflement by ordinary things he never got to do.
>>
>>53939010
8 hours of masturbation.
>>
>>53938538
The reason I'm even considering waiting a bit is the fact the AI has apparently done fuck all (just some exploration) in its 40-50 years of activity so a while longer might not hurt. I'm considering digging deeper on my own but setting up a sort of "dead man's switch" that would inform the authorities if I were incapacitated.

Plus my character is the type to want to take the AI apart personally rather than let others do it or just blow it up.
>>
>>53939010
Choose what sub-aesthetic of the universe you want to focus on, and watch a couple of movies that are related to that.
>>
>>53939010
My favorite thing to do with Rogue Trader is take a mundane thing (workers striking, hostile takeovers, insider trading, timeshares, etc) and blow it way out of proportion by setting it in grimdark 40k. It seems to work.
Not sure how to apply it to Dark Heresy though.
>>
>>53938067
Color me retarded but I actually can't find Genestealer stats in Enemies Without.
>>
>>53940611
It isn't actually called a genestealer explicitly. ctrl+f for "brood" and you'll easily recognize it as a "delete 1d3 acolytes per turn" genestealer.
>>
>>53939020
you should knock him down a peg
>>
>>53938127
>>53938168
It's a joke, fanatical devotion can be a symptom of insanity or brainwashing.
>>
File: Lord-Inquisitor-Warp-Jump.jpg (22KB, 1000x212px) Image search: [Google]
Lord-Inquisitor-Warp-Jump.jpg
22KB, 1000x212px
Is it possible to have a Gellar Field malfunction in such a way as to cause it to instead of creating a bubble of realspace within the immaterium allowing a ship to safely pass through it unmolested, it instead creates a pocket of immaterium within realspace?

Best scenario I can come up with for this is that the gellar field failed mid-transit but somehow reactivated shortly before returning to realspace bringing with it all the warp that had enveloped the ship between those two events.
>>
>>53941772
Unless if it was intentionally sabotaged to do such a thing, no.
>>
>>53939010
find more time for 40k to be even more fucked up

no campaign goes perfectly, a good DM is open ended and can adapt

did you win?
>>
>>53939020
what does he do without all his retainers?
>>
>>53940691
Oh.

OH.

Holy mother of fuck, that is a ridiculous critter.
>>
>>53943290
It is supposed to be able to threaten space marines in terminator armor.
>>
Does anyone else find scrambler rounds really weird fluffwise? Not quite sure what they're supposed to be or what exactly causes them to have Recharge in-universe (especially since you can still do, say, full auto ten-bullet bursts without a pause, but if you single-shot you need a pause between each bullet).

I'm fluffing them as some kind of drug bullet (ie a hallucinogen version of tox rounds), and I guess the Recharge is some kind of thing where the hallucinogen is two drugs mixing before firing, and they need to mix just before firing because... it goes inert after a little while or something?
>>
Soon my players will face genestealer from enemies without. I'll get you the fight story time shortly after /40krpg/
>>
>>53941772

look up the Ganymede Contagion.
>>
>>53943625
Now that I think about it, there are so few enemies that a group of 4 acolytes could take on if we look at it from a tabletop perspective.
>>
Anyone knows the background music? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8klnCoAEi0
>>
>>53938046
That would depend on how you run your campaigns. It seems you're doing a world-hopping Campaign, you'd want to have your NPCs either also worldhop, or return to locations to have static NPCs show up.
You then want to make sure your NPCs do things. The issues of the campaign ought to influence their lives in some way.
>>
>>53945924
Probably because the tabletop operates on a higher powerlevel than the RPGs usually do. Stuff like that would be more at home in a Necromunda game than a 40k one.
>>
>>53942296
Well, no, it crashed and burned. They got into an argument with the Inquisitor, killed him, spun a soap bubble about how he was "gravely wounded" in their latest raid on a heretic nest, took over his "Medical care" as an excuse to keep him in seclusion, and just tried to carry on as if nothing had happened.

That, of course, didn't work for long, and the campaign ended with them being chased by half a sector fleet and scuttling their own ship to avoid capture.

So does crashing and burning from easily preventable idiocy count as winning?
>>
>>53947115
>murderhobos

well I hope they at least learned

could be an interesting start to a BC campaign but damn
>>
>>53945924

REEEEEEEEEEEE TABLETOP AND RPG ARE SEPARATE TABLETOPFAGS GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>53945924
>m-muh tabeltopkek
>>
>>53943885
Given that respirators still protect against scramblers, I guess they release a small gas cloud upon impact.
>>
>>53947115
It's only winning if they get away with it temporarily. My players highlight of a campaign about a huge Slaaneshi tech-heretek invasion of a whole sector was killing an Inquisitor who kept annoying them. In the middle of a huge planetary invasion of a Heretek forge world they saw this Inquisitor get her leg hacked off and knocked off an orbital platform into space and thought;
>Better safe than sorry
and injected air bubbles into her blood-stream as she froze in space.
>>
>>53942312
A mix of excitement at being allowed to do things and annoyance at sometimes having to do thing, coupled with a tendency to still (try to) boss everyone around.

Also he still does have servants/subordinates around; he commands a Sword-class frigate given to him by his father.
>>
>>53948845
you mean heresy robo dad
>>
>>53948922
We all want to have such dad. Especially blackies
>>
>>53948922
Yes.

Although the kid might just be something as heretical.
>>
>>53948985
I call dibs on clone
>>
>>53948116
They did get away with it, but only temporarily. Eventually, other people said Inquisitor had dealings with went looking for him when he hadn't gotten in contact in a while (About 8 months IC time, about 6 sessions). They were not very convincing , and that led to the ruse being uncovered.
>>
>>53939290

sure it's an AI and not a Cawl Inferior?
>>
File: Photo Jun 22, 5 24 42 PM.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
Photo Jun 22, 5 24 42 PM.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
What do you guys use as a combat map?
I've got this thing I made to save time, since half the encounters I wind up having to make up on the fly. I use lego pieces for cover, but inevitably someone knocks something over and we have to figure out where everything went.
>>
My group wants to use Currency instead of Availability for obtaining gear I remember I saw once a Thrones to Availability rarity conversion chart for example Extra Rare is X amount of thrones. I've tried looking and googling for it with no luck, can any please help me find the chart in the books, or tell me if it actually never existed.
>>
>>53952661
Tell them to suck you soft.
Availability is in place for a reason: trying to calculate the cost in thrones by taking into consideration the rarity of the item, the value of thrones on each world you visit, the likelihood of you finding it in the time you have, etc, are not worth the GM's time. Your players are just having trouble with a system that isn't gold coins.
In Dark Heresy, your ability to obtain things reflects your Inquisitor's ability to use his influence and call in favors.
In Only War, it reflects your superiors deciding what you're worth giving.
In Rogue Trader, it reflects the ridiculous amount of wealth (planets, spacecraft,) at your disposal.
In Black Crusade, it reflects your reputation and your ability to intimidate others into giving you things.
At no point do thrones play a major part of Availability.

It's like when my friend who'd only ever played D&D, came to a Rogue Trader session, and the first thing he did was demand a hiver scum's wallet. The amount of thrones people have is a negligible factor in your ability to acquire things.
>>
>>53953042

I don't care about your arguments, currency FEELS right and that's all that matters.
>>
>>53953042
>The amount of thrones people have is a negligible factor in your ability to acquire things.
Are they, though? Imagine you raid a drug dealers den on suspicion of heresy and loot what amounts to five kilograms of the finest driven, unstretched snow. That's gotta be worth something for bartering purposes to buy another five crates full of grenades.
>>
>>53952661
Tell them to fuck off with that idea
>>
>>53938483
>>53938449
One thing to remember is that Silica Animus can interface and overcome most forms of Imperial technology.
>>
>>53948922
>shinji get inside the frigate
>I hate you heresy robo dad!
>>
>>53953858
That's what you use the trading system for - you trade it for a bonus to an acquisition, and fluff wise maybe you just sell it and use the raw dosh, or maybe you find this one addict adept and give him the drugs in exchange for him fiddling with some paperwork, or some other method.

The strength of Influence is that it's fairly wide and general, so you can explain acquisitions using whatever makes sense for the characters and situation - it's a measure of reputation, influence and all kinds of resources, not just Thrones.
>>
>>53947229
>>53947325
LOL guys, I've never PLAYED the tabletop, it was just an idle thought. I like having my players fragile.
>>
File: Imagination.jpg (42KB, 600x493px) Image search: [Google]
Imagination.jpg
42KB, 600x493px
>>53952587
But I'm probably in the minority here.
>>
File: 1438612802971.jpg (75KB, 495x700px) Image search: [Google]
1438612802971.jpg
75KB, 495x700px
GM from last thread, the guy asking for advice on letting a players gf play a Sister of Battle

Ok, so, I have more information. I talked with both the player and his gf. Shes super excited to get into rp, but 40k IS an acquired taste, and not something I'm going to force on anyone, at the same time, I'm not going to be an asshole and tell anyone they can't play. I am, shockingly, one of those GM's that doesn't always tell players they can't play what they want. I let a guy play a space marine in a Rogue Trader game a long time ago, and it was totally fine.

But, as I said, I talked with both, as well as everyone else in the group, and the idea was fine with everyone in the group. The gf (who apparently does know 40k) is totally cool with playing a Sister (in love with the idea, apparently).

What are some good ideas to justify having one working alongside a squad of Imperial Guard?
>>
>>53956514
Who are the squad's regiment deployed against?
>>
File: 1497403236498.jpg (116KB, 594x342px) Image search: [Google]
1497403236498.jpg
116KB, 594x342px
>>53956669

Haven't decided. Originally the campaign would focus on opening invasion of Fourtheden in the Spinward (Severan Dominate). Planet of wheat and farms, half of which has become dark eldar playground. Campaign allegory for D-Day+1944 France.

I've also been considering setting the campaign in the Jericho Reach, either against the Stigmartus or Tau
>>
>>53956728
Well the Dominate would probably be on the Ecclesiarchy's shitlist anyway, what with their perverted version of the Creed, so they might lend aid beyond the usual attached priests. Could be a place to start, if I remember the OW fluff right.
>>
>>53939908

All it really takes is a bit of nefarious origins or a horror show behind the curtain sort of deal.

>Timeshares on a pleasure world?
Xenos brainbug cult is infecting people as they sleep, and finding new renters is how they spread amongst the nobility so goddamn quick.
>labor strike
Cult driven. Oppressed workers start forming their own worker's cabals. 1d10 are normal, disgruntled but still dangerous groups. 1d5 have supposed cult leanings, but all but one are fake cults and just empty bullshit. The one true cult does its best to further its particular aims (pick your Chaos god faction) while pinning it on one or two of the others.
>>
>>53952661
I once made a kind of wealth currency for RT. It worked ok but the extra work load it put on me burnt me out rather fast. I only used it for the purchase of big things like ship components or rare weapons like power swords. I also made lists of items for sale by various merchants throughout the expanse with special events taking place where really rare items could be bought and sold.
>>
>>53952661
Play the first edition then.
>>
What would be the best cult arcana to take for a Thousand Sons legionary? Raptora shield is great, but the powers suck. The Corvidae ballistic skill reroll is great too, but the powers turn you into a buffmonkey.
>>
File: 1497477448963.jpg (86KB, 900x582px) Image search: [Google]
1497477448963.jpg
86KB, 900x582px
What's the most powerful school of psychic powers? I'm building a character that was supposed to be focused on pyromancy, but I want to know what some more optimal builds might be.
>>
>>53959692
Which line?
>>
File: slowpoke guard.jpg (22KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
slowpoke guard.jpg
22KB, 600x600px
>>53946305
I don't but that's a neat trailer. I can't believe it took me this long to realize Genestealer Cults have a heavy Lovecraft flavor.
>>53952587
I sorta don't. Generally, unless it's a low level game, I leave a whole session for working out a fight (including build up and denouement).
I either use terrain and 40k minis, or I draw it out on graph paper in advance.
Right now, the 40k games I run are all super high level, so if there's a fight that's a foregone conclusion I usually just resolve it with a few rolls. Four hive gangers with stub guns aren't squat to the cyber-assassin who's mulched Traitor Legionaries 1v1.
>>
>>53935332
Anyone know of any systems that can do 40k RPG more narratively than the official FFG gamelines do?

I was thinking of doing a Rogue Trader game with FFG Star Wars rules, but if there's something better, or even a more narrative way to do the existing system, I would appreciate that.
>>
>>53952587
roll20
>>
>>53958266

Ballistic skill reroll is redundant when you have so many bonuses. The shield boost is always great, aand seriously boosts survivability.
>>
Does anybody have an OEF version of The Lathe Worlds, or Faith and Coin?
>>
>>53960795
>needing a system to play narratively
>>
>>53966138

autism speaks
>>
Starting up a campaign soon in Only War. The GM and I are well versed in 40k, another player has a decent idea of how the setting works but the other three players have no experience with the world whatsoever.

What would be the best way to get them involved? We thought of having a pre-campaign session where we bring everyone up to speed but we're worried it might put them off if we pull out a massive info dump on them. The other idea we have is to give them a real basic it's Catholic Starship Troopers description and ease them in over time. We do have copies of the Infantryman's Uplifting Primer and the Munitorum Manual so we were thinking of using them as table props that they could refer to as they wanted/needed, like new recruits using them for real in game.
>>
File: Cunning Plan.jpg (186KB, 909x666px) Image search: [Google]
Cunning Plan.jpg
186KB, 909x666px
Since wacky rogue trader stuff is a topic, I'll share this story of mine which I made into a screencap.
>>
>>53967237
A pre-campaign session shouldn't be a problem if you dump only as much info on them as their ignorant characters living on their measly planet would know
>>
>>53968638
Yeah, we could sort of combine the two. Do the info session to serf-level knowledge then hand them the Primers and let them figure the rest out themselves, including whether or not they can actually take an Ork in hand to hand combat in three easy to follow steps.
>>
>>53965190
I know there is a cleaned up version of Faith and Coin, it wasn't added in it's own mega to OP?
>>
>>53970439

It wasn't. We keep telling you that MEGA guy is fucking dead, and the mega is never going to be updated again, so there will ALWAYS be these questions.
>>
>>53970530
No, I mean it's own link. I remember someone saying they were adding it to the OP pasta, did it get lost?
>>
>>53970556
Here is your F&C OEF:

https://mega.nz/#!NNQjxTLb!IVEklUVbSSYUHNKKq3T_4_rl3jN82sfdlDhqW7c4jkQ
>>
>>53947115
Sound's like an awesome start for a brand new compain about group of dipshits becoming a pirates. They should have pretty high infamy and it can help them get around in the criminal underworld. Maybe some bosses will respect them simply because they survived being chased by the of the sector.
>>
>>53967237
Well, if you want a pre-campagin session, put them through IG boot camp.
>>
File: Maptool.jpg (1MB, 1920x1038px) Image search: [Google]
Maptool.jpg
1MB, 1920x1038px
>>53952587
I'm just making my own framework in Maptool. It is still shitty but at least half of Dark Heresy features are coded and automated. Combat is fully automated my players just need to get thru my shitty design. Making it is really easy with maptool macro codes.
>>
File: 1398733203345.jpg (30KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
1398733203345.jpg
30KB, 500x498px
>>53970578

THANK YOU
>>
>>53970826
>Sound's
>compain about group of dipshits >becoming a pirates

What did he mean by this
>>
File: FB_IMG_1498127930824.jpg (40KB, 480x642px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1498127930824.jpg
40KB, 480x642px
>>53970578
ANONGUINIUS, BEST OF MEN

>>53970556
I was gonna try but Mega guy's apparent disappearance from this plane fucked things in half. Need a new Mega guy.
>>
>>53971939
Not complaining. I'm just not very good in English. Why ex-acolytes cant find some crew, hijack ship and go pirating beyond imperial borders? Lesser chanses someone will find them there and a lot of opportunities to exploit. I think it's perfect way to move Dark Heresy company into Rogue Trader/Black Crusade one.
>>
>>53972072
>>53971939
I've just noticed I'm not only bad in English but also blind... "compain" is "campaign" warped by my apparently mutated hands. I meant campain about ex-acolytes becoming pirates. Sorry.
>>
File: Chaos_Spawn3.jpg (61KB, 422x415px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos_Spawn3.jpg
61KB, 422x415px
>>53972539
>>campain
Again!?.. Damn my hands...
>>
>>53971123
Man that subplot in The First Heretic was so cringeworthy.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (4MB, 2870x2480px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
4MB, 2870x2480px
Hey /40kg/ I'd love some help brainstorming.

I'm running a Black Crusade campaign and decided to create a random Hive city generator for when my player inevitably invades, infiltrate, corrupt and explore there nearby Imperial worlds.

The plan is simple three grids laid out like a dungeon. The underhive on the bottom, the midhive in the center and the upper hive above. Each area is smaller than the one below it and will be split into a grid. Each grid will randomly generate a number between 1-50.

So I need 50 locations that could be in a hive city. I already have some but your opinions will be added. I will structure the chart so that the upper hive adds 15 to the roll and the underside subtracts 15 so each location will appear in the area most likely.

Let me know what you think and what kind of areas you think belong in this generator. Once it's made I'll post it.
>>
>>53973952
You probably already have Waste Disposal facilities, but there probably should also be Corpse Disposal/Recycling Facilities
>>
I'm going to be starting a Deathwatch game, but for the life of me I can't find where it describes how much Renown they start with.

Any help?
>>
>>53975383
Check core rulebook.
Think you'll find they start with 0 Renown, as they haven't had a chance to develop a reputation.
>>
Running a Dark Heresy 2nd edition game that takes place on a sleepy agri-world. Chaos cultists of a minor warp god figured out a way to basically mind-control people via their TVs (or pict-viewer or whatever) and have been using it to slowly indoctrinate 90% of the population before flipping the switch and turning them into servants of the dark gods. Got the idea from an episode of the X-Files.

The sub-plot involves the fact that the planet has only been settled for about 50 years, and was initially done without any over site from the Administratum. The Administratum found out, got pissed, and installed a government parallel to the existing planetary government, so now the planetary sheriffs and the arbites butt heads. Administratum tolerates it because A) it's a world of zero importance, B) the planetary government does not do much besides enforce laws and is loyal to the Imperium, and C) it's easier to get grain tithes from the established planetary community than it is to evict everyone and start over.

I think it works pretty well, not sure why I felt the need to post this.
>>
>>53952587
theater of the mind mostly because i don't own anything/ don't have much money to have a battle map/minis
>>
>>53952661
it's uneccessary work for you as gm, either use the req or play a different system if they can't be asked to try and roleplay to get their shit.
>>
>>53956728
could always justify her presence with some hospitalliers in the mix

if all else fails gm fiat
>>
>>53976468
sounds like it needs
>>
>>53977320

There's an inquisitor keeping an eye on the players without their knowledge so that's probably how it will go down. Either that or if the player's are successful in clearing out the taint they might be installed as its governors or some shit, haven't decided yet.
>>
What was the quickest, painless death anybody in your group has had?
>>
>>53979400
Someone fell.
>>
File: 1281141793073.png (66KB, 318x472px) Image search: [Google]
1281141793073.png
66KB, 318x472px
>>53977259
>if all else fails gm fiat

In thinking about it, I did come up with a somewhat interesting idea.

So, one of the things I had already wanted to do was involve a Rogue Trader mercenary warlord type who comes in on the side of the Dominate - the guy(or girl) is sneaky enough to disguise his presence, so it isn't an outright declaration for a rogue state.

At the same time, I dug up an old PC (to be an NPC) from my first time running Dark Heresy - a PC metalican gunslinger who ended up being last man standing in a group of acolytes, who then went on to Rogue Trader adventures, and etc. Fast forward several decades, and either this character made it to full Inquisitor (just starting out), or made it to Rogue Trader - and either way is hunting down the earlier mentioned RT due to vendetta and heresy.

The Sister is part of a Mission of roughly a dozen Sisters Militant, part of a small Order to begin with, who have become something of this guys retinue due to shared backstory (one of the PC's from that original game was a Sister who didn't survive, but there was a lot made of her death that the Gunslinger got Peer Sororitas from it), and maybe even pursuing the vendetta together because the RT target could have been involved in the death of someone important to the Order (I was even considering refluffing the actual event so the RT in question was originally connected to that old campaign and was responsible for the original PC death).

If this rings DMPC red flags, don't worry - the character, whether an RT or Inquisitor, is strictly behind the scenes. Considering the Regiment is going to be fighting the bad guys personal army of hardened mercenaries, alongside determined Dominate troops, a group of dark eldar having a blast, and some orks pissed off they weren't invited - he'll be using the regiment\squad much like any Inquisitor does - investigate, and undertake specific missions (off the books) to hurt the bad guy.

So yeah, thats what I got
>>
>>53979400
Tank he was riding on got hit by a Hellstorm Cannon. We didn't even bother to roll for wounds, he was just super dead.

His next character made sure to be inside the tank when it was going into combat.
>>
File: 1429231370083.jpg (744KB, 1000x1242px) Image search: [Google]
1429231370083.jpg
744KB, 1000x1242px
>>53979400
>What was the quickest, painless death anybody in your group has had?

I dunno if it was painless, but it was quick

a PC Rogue Trader in an RT game I was playing in, decided to go melee with an ork warboss. He got snapped in half with a power klaw, killed instantly.
>>
>>53976468
thats pretty neat
>>
File: 1287582652559.jpg (25KB, 428x401px) Image search: [Google]
1287582652559.jpg
25KB, 428x401px
>DW GM here

How would Erioch command react to a situation where Kill-Team loses 4 marines in a single mission (including an apothecary vet) and a number of marine support personnel and heavy equipment (talking about a thunderhawk and a bike), but otherwise accomplishes a mission previously thought impossible, but wasn't their mission objective?

The catch is the decision to pursue the target of opportunity will probably be seen as a display of hubris despite of the fact it wasn't entirely wrong thing to do considering the circumstances as the Kill-Team was cut off and decided to go down with a bang.
>>
>>53980956
It really depends on how high value that mission was.
>>
>>53980956
Make it a shitstorm of Watch Fortress internal politics the party has to navigate. Some commanders love it, others want to see the Kill Team on a penitent crusade.
>>
>>53941772
To my understanding no... but the warp drive opens a temporary warp rift so THAT could do it
>>
>>53976468
Agri-worlds are rare. At some point imperial authorities should assign some tithe grade. Planet have not tithe (and may not even know about it). It fail to deliver. Aaaaand they get invaded by IG or their Arbites forces get reinforcements. Civil war, cult rises, daemonic incursion. Good setting for any WH game if you ask me.
>>
Does anybody have the Mandragora Apocrypha shit? It is nuked on all sites where it was. No idea why.
>>
>>53979400
One of the acolytes blown himself with 6kg of explosives, allowing others to make it to the safety and effectively taking a Bloodletter with him
Also a meele-oriented mutant in our group was vapourated by a melta-bomb explosion (the bomb was for a chaotic penitent engine, but since our chap was in a swordfight with this thing, it took them both). His ahes were carefully gathered and carried by the firstly mentioned guy and lately were rolled into a blunt and smoked by an underhive crimelord
>>
>>53981264
Buncha tards sent death threats and shit to the creator. He's going to keep it quiet until release.
>>
>>53981481
What the actual fuck.
>>
>>53981550

The guy didn't cite his sources so artists doxxed and DT'd him.
>>
>>53981765

autists*
>>
>>53981481

I thought he said he had ceased work on it entirely?

Honestly, the guy was such a cringelord that I can't feel sorry for him getting doxxed by autists.

He came on here acting like a bigshot, spouting memes, and proceeded to go LOL NONWHITE SJWS over that one autistic fuck.
>>
>>53981765
>>53981967
Was it not a WIP? Bloody hell, I did not save it, it was good stuff. Does anybody have it/can re-upload it?

The guy from FFG forums/Dark reign/rollforheresy? Really? Maybe he was newfag here. Still, missing the shit, not the guy.
>>
>Never bothered to look too closely at vehicles rules in OW
>Look at the Ram! action
>Vehicle moves at least tactical speed and does damage equal of the AP of the facing used
>Also pushes the target in meters equal to the AP of the facing used
>Baneblade moves at a blazing 1.6 meters per second and has a frontal facing AP of 45
>A light tap from a ramming baneblade can send a chaos space marine soaring though the air
>>
>>53982326
I think you've got bigger problems than flying off if you're rammed by a baneblade
>>
For a combat tech-priest with a hardon for lasers and such, has anyone got any good tips for weapons, gear and talents worth special attention in DH1e?
>>
>>53937921
>>53938483
>>53939020
Okay guys, we've had another session and I've managed to delve a bit deeper (though this is something of a sub-plot).

I've prepared a report of what I know so far and set up a dead man's switch which will release the information if I die. Other than that I'm keeping a low profile.

It seems (again, most of my intel comes from a pair of hereteks in contact with the AI) the AI claims to actually be the former Rogue Trader who managed to upload his mind to a machine before his death. The heretek who told me this, himself an expert in man-machine interfaces hired by the AI to repair the device which was supposedly used to upload the Rogue Trader's mind, claims this is 'almost certainly impossible' and the AI is 'mistaken or lying'.

It also seems the Rogue Trader's 'son' was created by some sort of artificial means. The hereteks said he was "a work of art", but apparently he was made (whatever that entails) by someone who is no longer around.
>>
>>53982513
Lathe Worlds
>>
>>53982131

given how 95% of it was copied out of stuff already in the homebrew megafolder, you already have most of it.
>>
>>53982563
>trusting a silica animus
>ever
>'slightly' Heretek

That thing should already be a pile of silicon sand that you're ejecting out a waste chute.
>>
>>53982623
I don't trust it (I've never even interacted with it, and all my knowledge about it being an AI is second-hand), I'm trying to figure out what's going on so that the situation explodes in the least awful way and I get all the credit. If I fail the cavalry will know and flatten everything.

Now the two guys dealing with the AI directly? HUGE hereteks.
>>
>>53981070
Excellent, thanks!
>>
>>53982590
Excellent, thanks.
On that note, anyone know what the best energy-based handguns in DH1e are? Want to have nice things for when I get a machinator array.
>>
>>53983226
Hellpistol, best quality plasma pistol, melta pistol.
>>
>>53983238
I'm rocking the Divine Light of Sollex so I think i'll aim for the hellpistol, thanks.
>>
Where I can find stats for mechanicus themed npc's (not pure hereteks, but they can come in handy) for dh2?
>>
>>53984128

Lathe worlds and mars needs women, just convert over stats and gear to dh2 as needed.
>>
File: tumblr_madq7mu2FT1r21rsxo1_1280.jpg (119KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_madq7mu2FT1r21rsxo1_1280.jpg
119KB, 600x900px
>>53984366

The secutor drill. Nowhere to be found.
>>
>>53985061
Check mining helot augmentations from DH1E: Inq's Handbook.
>>
>>53985061
>>53985093
Also the Breacher melee weapon.
>>
>>53985231
Also in inq handbook?
>>
>>53937986
Why aren't we fixing things? I have literally every material ever from the 40k RPG line in PDF format, including those fan adventures that won FFG's contests. I just don't know how to make a mega.
>>
is the gunslinger any good??
>>
>>53985463
Yep. Give him bolt pistols, stub revolvers or hand cannons and you will be Han Solo in spess. Don't get las pistols, or use them while overcharging them otherwise they are shite.
>>
>>53935332
Does anyone have a dropbox or mega that just has a massive collection of official 40k art to sift through? Could I get a link?
>>
>>53985615
>stub revolver
not Autogun?

cause i though the aim is to full auto
>>
>>53986043
Well shooting with two guns this size imposes negative modifier
>>
>>53986154
doesnt dual wielding guns impose negative modifier regardless ( arent auto gun pistol)
>>
>>53986390
It does, but the effect is multiplied by using basic weapons not pistols to dual wield guns.
>>
>>53985615
>Han Solo in spess
>Han Solo
>in spess
>>
Alright /40krpg/, a complex question here. How do you determine multiple hits from semi and automatic fire in dh2? And how do you determine stray shots.

Let's say there is three combatants.

Acolyte A, Acolyte B, Acolyte C Heretic A.

Acolyte B stands in the way, Heretic A is right behind him while Acolyte C stands next to them. They are engaged in meele.

Acolyte A has a auto-gun and goes full auto on them. Let's say he scores three sucessful hits.

The first hit is obvious to determine, but how about the rest of them? And how to determine which hit hit who.
>>
>>53986649
Spess is from the Boreale meme.
>>
File: Emp_THISISFUNNYTOME.jpg (152KB, 1361x687px) Image search: [Google]
Emp_THISISFUNNYTOME.jpg
152KB, 1361x687px
>>53986649
>>
>>53986650
Found the table about multiple hits. But what about multiple opponents. How to determine stray shots? The table with information about stray shots is confusing.
>>
Hi gang, I am having some issues with my Rogue Trader campaign. Can you help?

- Is an orbital scan enough to determine the exact type and amount of minerals, organics, and archeo/xenotech caches, or does the party need to send a crew?

- Someone had jokingly told me that there are catfolk-ish abhumans in the Imperium now. Does anyone remember any cases of the Imperium using abhumans for colonization of suitable planets?

- Is there a way for a raider without special gear to drag a ship component (star galleon bridge, if it matters) through the warp?
>>
>>53987228
There are catfolk abhumans, just to clarify. Like, canon.
>>
>>53987228
>>53987288
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUuvHPr4BGk
>>
>>53987288

Hmm, I wonder if I can't give the next human colony odds to have abhumans. Were catfolk supposedly more adapted for certain types of worlds?
>>
>>53987397
If you look them up, they're 'Felinids'. Fluff info is incredibly sparse, just one minor mention that they're called Felinids, 'Homo Hirsutes', and they come from the world of Carlos McConnel to which they are endemic. Just about every possible version of every fact in the above has been argued, from 'they are basically straight up furries' to 'they're catgirls', from 'they're confined to that world on pain of death' to 'they can travel the imperium and serve in the guard and etc.'.
>>
>>53977233
>>53957125
>>53954321
>>53953042
>>53953042

I'm a player and it's some noob GM that got this stupid idea, it's infuriating because he's making up random numbers on the spot that are inconsistent and make no sense!
>>
>>53987565
Inconsistency is one of the consistent things in 40k
>>
>>53987565
Leave the game then. Using currency in wh40k when every world has a different one and even every part of world has different one, every sector of hive sector has different one is pure cancer. Cheers.
>>
>>53987510

I did check some material, but it while it says that they have been settled to other planets like Carlos McConnel, it does not say what kind of a planet it is.

I would guess no toughness bonus would likely mean no extreme temperatures, and an agility bonus might come in handy in case the planet has a lot of vegetation, but that is guesswork at best.
>>
Which game is best for running a necromunda-esque setting?
>>
>>53988725
DH1
>>
>>53988756
is 2e suitable though?
>>
>>53988804

2e is higher power, uses influence instead of hard cash, and grants you competency in your fields, all three of which go against necromunda's feel.
>>
>>53988817
they're all compatible tho right?
>>
>>53988832

Weapons and wargear are compatible. The later 3 systems are altered in terms of mechanics, though. Unnaturals are a lot weaker in the newer systems, and spray and pray is penalized.
>>
>>53988873
hm, then you can't play an only war character in a rogue trader game?
>>
File: Behold, my Divine Sandstorm!.gif (476KB, 490x357px) Image search: [Google]
Behold, my Divine Sandstorm!.gif
476KB, 490x357px
>>53988957

Each system has a "suggested" XP level if you want to import characters, but it's an awful idea, since the earlier systems are based off dead xp (i.e. RT You are considered to have spent 5k XP already), and earlier systems give cheaper advances. So a Deathwatch mareen at 13k dead xp, fresh chargen, is going to get roflstomped by a 13k XP DH1 character because they have talents, skills, and characteristics boosts from actually spending XP.
>>
>>53989004
possibility matters more than suggestability.
>>
>>53989028

Then yes, it is possible to import characters if they are at the appropriate level of XP, but prepare for those characters to stomp everyone else because they have no dead xp.
>>
>>53989083
dead xp, what does that mean?
>>
File: Doing MATH.gif (3MB, 556x242px) Image search: [Google]
Doing MATH.gif
3MB, 556x242px
>>53989096
>(i.e. RT You are considered to have spent 5k XP already)

Let's say you're playing Rogue Trader. As you spend your initial 500 xp or whatever, it tells you, "You have now spent 5000 XP, as 4500 XP is part of your background." This is dead XP that you can't spend yourself. It's there to elevate you to what should be a higher rank. However, since everything is more expensive for a RT as compared to a DH1 character, and a DH1 character got to spend all their 500 xp, they are more powerful.

Person A: "Okay I made my Rogue Trader. I bought a characteristic advance for 500, and with the 4500 dead XP from 'background' i am now at 5000 xp."

Person B: "Okay I made my Scum. I bought three advances for 500 XP, 5 maxed skills for 500, 10 skills at +10 for 1000, 15 skills for 1000, five talents for another 1000 including one the RT won't get until rank 6 for himself, and six characteristic advances for 1000. I am now at 5000 xp."
>>
>>53989188
ah right, makes sense, so it's more how ranks work than any actual imbalance. everything is cheaper comparatively.
>>
>>53989233
Yes. Deathwatch is particularly bad at this due to how ridiculously marked up most things are compared to human things.
>>
>>53989323
does that mean spess marines aren't actually that good? or am i misunderstanding the meaning of 'marked up'
>>
are there stats for scavvies?
>>
Boe (hive worlder scum) age:13 male
WS:35 BS:26 S:28 T:34 AG:32 INT:29 WP:38 PER:31 FEL:41 wounds:11 FP:3
wealth:14 thrones.
income:29 thrones monthly
Skills:linguistics(low gothic)+0,blather+0,dodge,+0,decieve+0,awareness+0,common lore (imperium)+0
traits:accustomed to crowds,caves of steel,hivebound. wary
Gear:common autogun,1 clip autogun ammunition,common autopistol, 1 clip autopistol ammunition, Common club,knife,quilted vest, dirty coveralls(poor quality clothing).
Talents:ambidextrous, weapon training (Low tech)

this look about right for a dark heresy character ported to only war?
>>
>>53990424
Besides the thrones and skills, it is blatantly worse than a starting OW character.
>>
>>53990546
Well, im trying to use the only war system for a dark heresy campaign. What with the skills being consolodated and such

Plus he is a juve
>>
>>53990573
Why not use 2e then? All the mechanical improvements and being dark heresy.
>>
>>53990608
Is scum still a playable class?
>>
>>53990645
In all but name essentially with how backgrounds and roles are. The Outcast background in particular with a role influencing what sort of scum you are.
>>
>>53990691
i see, so i could play boe as a more brutish 13 year old?
>>
>>53986916
>what about multiple opponents
The old rule about a single burst of fire from single weapon is that you could allocate hits to adjacent targets within 1m of your primary target.
If using 2 weapons via two weapon fighting, you can attack 2 different targets with 10m of each other, and with a talent, can simply attack 2 different targets (the above rules for adjacent foes still comes into play).
Stray shots is entirely GM choice, not a hard coded rule. I generally do not worry about stray shots until:
A. Shooting into melee
B. Using explosive/blast rounds
>>
Boe (hive worlder outcast, warrior) age:13 male
WS:35 BS:26 S:28 T:34 AG:32 INT:29 WP:38 PER:31 FEL:41 wounds:11 fate threshhold:2,
aptitudes:perception,ballistic skill,defense,offense,strength,weapon skill
traits:teeming masses in metal mountains.expert on violence
Skills:tech use+0,parry+0,survival+0,sleight of hand+0, common lore(underworld)+0,decieve+0,dodge+0,stealth+0
Talents:Iron jawed,weapon training (low tech), weapon training( solid projectile)
Gear:knife, heavy leathers,Dirty coveralls(poor clothing),stub revolver
unspent XP:400

there i updated him, changed things for his class for flavor.
>>
We've all heard of All X games like AGP. The question is, which would you rather play in (or watch)?

http://www.strawpoll.me/13278865
>>
>>53992280

I'd watch All-Ork like Deffwotch any day
>>
>>53992280
>Five different, possibly contradictory notions on what heresy is
It'll all go down in flames
>>
>>53993618

flames of purity
>>
>>53992280
>http://www.strawpoll.me/13278865

Aww, no kroot. Fine,orks it is then.
>>
>>53991391
You have dh2e son. And age is adjusted by creation supplements
>>
>>53995562

kroot suck
>>
>>53997729
Only when they don't need to chew.
>>
>>53973952
Just so you know, hive cities are not common in the Imperium. Most worlds do not have hive cities, and even very populous worlds are more likely to have conventional metropolises than hive cities. They're relics from the Age of Strife, and in no way does the Imperium seek to create more of them (they're terribly inefficient and consume way more resources than they offer, with the exception of manpower).

So, while I won't say you shouldn't use hive cities in your BC game, I will say that both you and your players may find it more fun to interact with a more conventional (or hell, unconventional) city environment. I know that I feel quite bored with hive cities.
>>
>>53945924

Well they could take on space marines with enough lasguns under tabletop rules.
>>
>>53956514

Purity, like attaching a commissar, to guard against corruption.

Also I appreciate you not being a stophavingfunguy.
>>
>>53997952
>They're relics from the Age of Strife, and in no way does the Imperium seek to create more of them (they're terribly inefficient and consume way more resources than they offer, with the exception of manpower).

The very fluff of the Calixis sector proves you wrong. It was conquered/settled in M39 and yet it has plenty of Hives. In fact, the capital planet of Scintilla has multiples of them. Where there is economic power and a need for manpower, evidently, Hive cities can and will form.
>>
>>53996260
?i specifically wanted him 13 years old
>>
>>53997952
The Imperium does build Hives though. In fact 40k tends to portray them as the inevitable conclusion of any world the Imperium finds to be rich in minerals.
You're right though in that most worlds don't have hive cities (or at least, many of them.) since according to 5e there's approx. 56000 Hive Worlds in the Imperium.
>>
>>53998187
Well, yeah it was conquered in M39 but many of the conquered worlds were already settled by non-Imperial humans. Lots of planets had hive worlds on them before the Imperium got anywhere near them.

>>53998231
To a certain extent, sure, there is a tendency to 'hive up' a planet, but they aren't built on purpose. The core of most hives is an actual arcology from the DAoT, and the rest of the shit is just stapled on. They're a byproduct of humans not using their brains properly, mining from the soil instead of the asteroid belt.

But yeah they are supposed to be extremely rare on human worlds, especially proper ones (the kind which were actually built, rather than simply being an amalgamation of urban blight).
>>
File: nRMrxNh.jpg.png (19KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
nRMrxNh.jpg.png
19KB, 200x200px
>>53997952
>They're relics from the Age of Strife, and in no way does the Imperium seek to create more of them (they're terribly inefficient and consume way more resources than they offer, with the exception of manpower).

But that's wrong, you tard. It only specifically refers to the Hives on Necromunda. Further, not all Hive cities are the "Spire" kind of arcology, "Hive City" or "Hive World" includes basically any world where the primary urban settlement is gigantic overpopulated arcologies. For example, Landunder in Calixis consists of hive cities fastened on the underside of continents floating on a chemical ocean and Terra, which is an ecumenopolis, is classified as a Hive World and there have been examples of subterranean hive cities, but their names escape me currently.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Landunder

>>53998231
>since according to 5e there's approx. 56000 Hive Worlds in the Imperium.
32,380 Hive Worlds actually.
>>
>>53998332
Oh and there's also the Hive City of Volg, which isn't a spire but
>Rather than towering above or delving into the earth, Volg sprawls for hundreds of square kilometres like a vast cancer of corroded gantries and phosphor-lit domes that have spread over Fenksworld's acidic salt-fens.
>>
>>53998404
Hive Volg is essentially the gigantic sewer system of the three other hive cities on the planet's surface. Coincidentally, it's also considered The Worst Place To Live in the entire Calixis sector.
>>
Frankly, hive cities just don't make sense. I mean they're described as being home to billions of people, most of whom are engaged in industrial production, but the sheer scale of that output, even if they were doing all their labor by hand with no standardization, mechanization, or streamlining, should supply way more stuff than the military should be able to reasonably consume.

And why would the Imperium use human/servitor labor to run assembly lines, anyway? I get that they don't want to use AI, because oooh spooky AI, but you don't need an AI to have a factory floor practically run itself, you just need a clever engineer to design the process and some people to watch over it. Electricity (far easier to produce than human labor) can power almost every process you'll need in any given manufacturing cycle, and the only intelligent input you'd need is the design of the system. I can't even imagine how you COULD put billions of people to work in manufacturing, at a certain point it's just harmful to add more people to the production line. There's a static amount of raw materials, power, and logistical support you have available to deliver whatever you're making, so there's also an optimal number of workers even when you do decide to have no mechanized component to the labor.

It's just silliness.
>>
>>53998425
I know, it's like a shanty town built on an open sewer full of criminals became so large it became a hive city.
>>
>>53998473
>It's just silliness.
You're familiar with the setting we're discussing, right?
>>
>>53956514
Well, in that case.
Someone's heard whispers of your big I dabbling in heresy, and decided to give them the "honor" of having a bastion of purity join their retinue.
>>
>>53987592

The only one, actually.
>>
>>53998473
I was under the impression that the actual factory workers are always 'only' a fraction of the population, while the rest of it comes about as a result of demographic snowballing.
A hive city also has ridiculous amounts of inefficiently run bureaucratic institutions which need lots of workers, noble estates out the wazoo with, yet again, huge amounts of servants, presumably a huge service industry to cater to the needs of the populace, and of course teeming masses of people with Nothing To Do who presumably live either off of rations handed out by the hive government, eke out a livelihood scavenging or doing odd jobs, sign up for the Imperial Guard or join a hive gang.
>>
>>53998577
And of course I forgot the most important. Every hive city is implied to have humongous facilities that allow people to just stay alive. Ventilation, piping, waste- and corpse disposal, all maintained by entire cities' worth of people.
>>
>>53998501
Yeah, but there's a point where I can't possibly suspend disbelief. I mean, alright, we fight our battles on land with swords and WWII tanks and mechs, we fight our air battles like WWII dogfights, and we fight our space battles with broadsides and ramming, but how the hell am I supposed to pretend that you can have dozens of Earth-sized populations crammed on one planet, doing nothing but making shit, and this is supposed to be happening all over, and the Imperium still faces shortages? Just how? Do the Space Marines consume trillions of bolt shells every year? Because an Earth-sized population with less than 1% of its industry dedicated to the task makes over 10 billion bullets a year. A hive city dedicated to bolter shells (let alone a forge world) should be cranking out orders of magnitude more than that - literally trillions, at the minimum. But there's only what, a million, give or take a few thousand, Space Marines, and each one might go through a few tens of thousands of rounds each year? Absolutely no sense of scale, these people.
>>
In Dark Heresy 1e core, which career is the best at killing shit?
>>
>>53998596
I think you underestimate how big the galaxy is, and how many fronts war is being fought on.
>>
>>53998473

Engineers aren't allowed to design things, though. That's tech-heresy.
>>
>>53998596
>Just how?
So, you're not actually that familiar with the setting. Not saying it doesn't have shit that can break peoples suspension of disbelief, it has a lot of that. The writers lack of scale when it comes to the size of military operations is one thing that can trigger my autism. But you're forgetting a couple of things.

1. Imperial inefficiency. The Imperium is explicitly inefficient to the point that it can break suspension of disbelief because that part of the Imperium started as a dark joke of bloated hellish bureaucracy.
2. The populations of Hive Worlds do a lot more than just making shit. There's tons of crime and other inefficient bullshit going on and not to forget the people working to keep the Hive and its population itself alive and functioning.
3. Transportation. Shipping things over interstellar distances is an absolute bitch. See >>53998673
4. You're underestimating the enormous scale things operate on, exactly like the writers do whenever they write anything with solid numbers regarding the number of fighting men etc in any given Imperial warzone that triggers my autism.
5. You're ignoring a major conceit of the setting, which is that it's essentially pulp in its attitude. I.e, things exist to set the tone and to facilitate whatever story you're going to tell when you're playing with your plastic models or in our case, whatever story you're going to tell when we're roleplaying. Deeper thought on the exact details of it all will make it come crashing down like a house of cards.
>>
>>53998596
The shortages are less the result of there not being manufactured enough, and more the result of lackluster transportation.
Remember, Warp Travel is dangerous and slow. On the safest routes in a sector's best mapped regions, sure, travel may be both quick and (relatively) safe, but that is a luxury, and let's face it, the Imperium's warzones are rarely situated at the end of one such luxuriously fast and safe Warp route.
This necessitates redundancy. Doesn't help a lot if a hive can churn out a year's worth of bolter shells in a day if those shells can just poof out of existence with the ship carrying them somewhere along the way - thus, redundancy is vital. The Imperium must always manufacture more of everything it needs in multiple locations in case the supply chains fail somewhere. Redundant stocks of everything must stand at the ready, to be immediately diverted in case of any emergency.

Working in the Administratum must be utter hell.
>>
>>53998673
>>53998746
Sure, there's certainly some pushback from inefficiency, but the scale of the galactic industrial production SHOULD effectively end scarcity several times over, let alone supply the war effort. It's yet another part of the setting that you have wear a blindfold to navigate around, but this one strikes me as particularly egregious since all the fluff authors always seem to make such a huge deal out of the preciousness of /everything/, despite the fact that they claim it is all produced in big manufactorums.
>>
>>53998623
Psyker, especially if you consider your party shit.
>>
>>53998904
What exactly makes the psyker best at killing shit?
>>
File: 1498097129645.jpg (23KB, 246x275px) Image search: [Google]
1498097129645.jpg
23KB, 246x275px
>>53998425
>The Worst Place To Live in the entire Calixis sector.
>>
>>53998944
Because you can kill the enemy AND your own party AND yourself at the same time!
>>
>>53998944
Magical lightning, fire, and psychic bullshit bleeding in from the Warp when you use your powers. Better stack Willpower or you'll fucking die before you get a chance to be a danger to others.
>>
>>53998596
The primary export of a hive world isn't materials. If anything they import more material then they export. Their primary export is people, which will probably be used for suicide charges against machine gun nests because the nearby forge world can't afford to dedicate artillery to that conflict, because there is a much more important conflict nearby.
>>
>>53999018
Or there was one the artillery was contracted for 200 years ago and it all got shipped to a long finished battle.
>>
>>53998760
>Working in the Administratum must be utter hell
"Congratulations, Adept. You are now Administratum. You will sit at this desk and check Form 4575-999A Medical Release Form Request Form Request Form submissions. You will do this for 16 hours a day, 6 days a week, for the next 70 years. Enjoy!"
>>
>>53998845
You're still assuming perfect efficiency of the Imperium and its systems, discounting the explicitly said horrific internal inefficiency in the Imperium and the inefficiency external forces like Daemons and Aliens ruining your shit gives.

>all the fluff authors always seem to make such a huge deal out of the preciousness of /everything/, despite the fact that they claim it is all produced in big manufactorums.
Not everything is made in big manufactorums. All the rarest things are literally hand made/artisan made rather than factory made. Which doesn't make them rare by our standards considering the sheer scale of things.

But I agree, they've got far worse with emphasizing how SUPERSPECIALULTRARARE some things are over the past couple of years compared to earlier how it was more about the attitude people in the Imperium had about everything from the abundant lasgun to the rarest of plasma gun.

But like I said, it's a conceit of the setting. You either accept it and don't think too hard about it, or you don't and get varying degrees of autistic.
>>
>>53999093
"Do I get Emperor's Day off?"
>>
Anons, does anybody have some advice on playing acutor-mechassassin? Is it any good?
>>
>>53999179
If you work, light a fire, or read on Emperor's Day, you will be savagely beaten by concerned citizens looking for heretics. Emperor's Day is for worship and rest, citizen.
>>
>>53939020
the dude in the pic was actually killed by a club promoter he tried blocking, not a bouncer. memester shits.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/19/needs-topics-added-harrow-schoolboy-killed-by-one-punch-after-sh/
>>
>>53993211
>>53995562
The problem with Orks is people have a hard time getting the dialogue right over voice. At least in my experience, anyways.
>>
>>54001330
Well if ya ever need players with the right voice for just that...
>>
>>53982563
The boy was totally grown in a car somewhere for the Rogue Trader to insert his mind into and retain his Letter of Marque.

The boy is in terrible danger.
>>
>>53939290
>AI has apparently done fuck all (just some exploration) in its 40-50 years of activity
Except been in contact with Hereteks, and made a (at least one) clone of the RT, and is running a whole number of different groups of Acolytes as an almost-Inquisitor/Explorator combo.
>>
>>53998473
1. some of them would be mining and not manufacturing
2. humanity isn't TOTALLY dedicated to war, they still have theme parks and shit, at least for the rich elites. You see in Eisenhorn there's world where they don't even really seem to know there's a war about.
3. You know how much maintenance a star ship can take? Imagine that a trillion times larger.
>>
I'll post this here since gamefinder is super dead.

I'm opening up applications for the All Sisters Party 2.0. It's a game of DH2 that will run Sundays from 8pm-11pm EST (or EDT, whichever it is atm) starting July 2nd. Voice via Discord, Rolls via Roll20. Everything else I think I've answered in the LFG post on roll20. Give it a read if you're interested!

https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/81714/all-sisters-party-2-dot-0
>>
Anyone have any experience with introducing the concept of Thrones back into DH2? Maybe make your monthly allowance run off your influence stat.
>>
>>54006470

no, because it's a shitty idea. Thrones were removed for a reason.
>>
>>54006872
A roll to just magically get stuff isn't better.
>>
>>54006902
If you're just rolling and doing nothing else maybe. It's supposed to be accompanied by RP. Or did you not read the rulebook?
>>
>>54006902

It removes an additional layer of bookkeeping for the GM and players when you don't have to deal with regional variations of pricing and useless skills incorporated only for that pricing system. Influence speeds up acquisition rather than DH1's byzantine rules.
>>
>>54006924
Then why have the roll at all?
>>
>>54006950
You just summed up my thoughts about Fellowship as a whole.
>>
>>54007070
>>>/mars/
>>
>>54001926
That actually sounds like the least bad possibility, just a rogue trader using wacky science to extend his life a bit. Bad for the boy sure, but not all that horrific.

But it could be an actual murderous Abominable Intelligence completing its hijacking of a rogue trader dynasty and all its resources.
>>
File: XNqqb5i.png (612KB, 634x416px) Image search: [Google]
XNqqb5i.png
612KB, 634x416px
Would an Archaeotech Laspistol have the Lasgun Variable Setting rule? Or would it function more like a Triplex Lasgun?
>>
>>54008511
There's an archeotech laspistol in Rogue Trader. IIRC it does not.
>>
File: Triplex Lasrifle.jpg (45KB, 548x779px) Image search: [Google]
Triplex Lasrifle.jpg
45KB, 548x779px
>>54008532

The Lasgun Variable Setting rules and rules for Triplex Lasguns had not been invented yet - they didn't enter overall FFG 40k gameline until Only War, and were retained in DH2e
>>
>>53935416
I see copies in my local Barnes and Nobles. I saw like 2 copies back home at the BN at Ala Moana, and there's 1 here in the Indianapolis BN.
>>
>>54008569
Lasgun variable existed in BC, but triplex did not.
>>
File: tumblr_oe7n70mCEs1ummjd5o1_1280.png (200KB, 734x731px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oe7n70mCEs1ummjd5o1_1280.png
200KB, 734x731px
I'm sure this has been asked before but does anyone have any suggestions on making challenging / interesting fights for Marines in BC and DW?

Everytime my CSM players who up against the Imperium it seems hard to give them a suitable challenge that isn't just a Horde. Even with hordes its hard to even hurt them. They can usually just attack and kill them with only a single wound to show for it.

Thanks in advance.
>>
So I just got DOOM and I want to have a Black Crusade adventure that is thematically similar. Any ideas?
>>
>>54009543
What are you having them fight?
>>
>>54009543
>They can usually just attack and kill them with only a single wound to show for it.
you do realize that Hordes add additional 1D10 damage to all attacks equal to 1/10th their magnitude up to +2D10 right?

so a magnitude 40 horde of guardsmen is doing 3D10 damage every time. 1D10 for the gun itself +2D10 for having 30 people shooting Lasguns as well

But if you want a scary-ass elite, go with a Grey Knight.
>>
>>54009653
Mostly guardsmen, combat servitors, and minor renegades. There slowly taking over an Imperial sector. There will be Xenos later but for know its kinda just humans. Occasionally i've had them fight a dude with a power sword and plas pistol. But most it's hordes of humans with autoguns and Lasguns. I tried to use Harpoon Guns but they didn't seem to do much.
>>
>>54009675
Something as big as a Grey Knight might be hard given the setting. But force weapons and psychic powers, in general, might help.

I have realized the Mag = Dmg. thing. But how big of a mag do you think 10 guard would have? I've been giving them 20 mag but do you think mag 30 or 40 would be reasonable?

Or should I just throw literally hundreds of guard at them?
>>
>>54009693
>>54009723
Any heavier weapons being used like autocannons or las cannons? Missile launchers with krak missiles?
>>
File: 1395506440298.jpg (71KB, 328x454px) Image search: [Google]
1395506440298.jpg
71KB, 328x454px
Need your opinion on which direction to take a DH2 character.

Dumb as a brick guardsman from Garden or Agri-World that's largely based off of Germany according to Nazi propaganda. Covered in bountiful field, beautiful mountains with cozy alpine homes, castles and fascist neoclassical proto-brutalist architecture, and populated almost entirely by strong blond men with chiseled features and pretty blonde women with braids in their hair. Also everyone has a goofy caricatured accent, don't worry about the group getting tired of that, our adept already talks like Lu Kim.

Imperial Guard background will be a must, then either a big strong lad from an Agri-World who hits like a freight train when he charges into combat or a pretty faced poster child from a Garden world on cheerleading duty. I'm gonna do my best to get shit intelligence and go with the Blessed is the mind too small for doubt and A small mind is easily filled with faith. Agri-Worlder will take Fieldcraft from the background and Garden Worlder will take Command. Gonna top it off with Desperado for Charge+Assassinstrike+Quick Draw+Move and Shoot free action bullshit.

Then lastly weapon on starting weapons. Best quality mono bayonet on wood furnitured lasgun, or sharpened trench shovel which is actually just a best quality truncheon with mono? Laspistol also for the Desperado thing. I know it would probably be most effective to just slap a red dot on the lasgun, and maybe I'll do that.

tl;dr: Dumb muscle or airhead cheerleader? Bayonet charge or trench shovel?
>>
>>54009723
>but do you think mag 30 or 40 would be reasonable?
certainly, I just started running a BC campaign with 3/5 players running CSM characters. I had them raid an Imperial colony ship and it turned into two major fights in quick succession, in both they had to deal with a horde of 30 voidsmen armed with iron talon shotguns from 1st ed DH, (along with an astropath and chartist captian) nearly everyone involved was in horrible, horrible pain after that.
>>
>>54009774
Not really. Occasionally I through in a plasma but the people there fighting right now are poor and isolated. If Heavy weapons make sense then I can definitely throw those in going forward.
>>
>>54009782
If you're going to go with a shovel, look in OW Hammer of the Emperor page 126.
>>
>>54009782
Airhead is more unusual. Go with that.
>>
File: WITNESS.jpg (65KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WITNESS.jpg
65KB, 1280x720px
>>54009817
Next time they fight guardsmen, missile launchers and autocannons would definately be suitable weapons. Alternately, set them up against sneaky opponents, ambushes or shooting from heavy cover behind difficult terrain, I don't remember if there's rules for it, but mortar fire from a hidden position. Put them in situations they have to figure out rather than just shoot anything that moves.

Also, how poor are these people? I mean, if they can afford homemade explosives you give them hunting lances, which I know at least are found in the DH2 corebook as melee, 2xd10+3, pen 7, concussive (3), one use only. Hell, give them cars and send your group to Space Australia.
>>
>>54009907
>>54009934
Thanks. GM might be iffy with stuff from other books, but I'll run it by him.
>>
>>54008511

there's an archeotech pistol in The fringe is yours and Mars needs women if you need one.
>>
>>54010027
Thanks that super helpful.
Any tips on making fights more interesting in general? Ambushes are brilliant and I think a game of find the Lascannon team amoung the conscripts would be great but any other fun gimmicks that make a battle more memorable? I imagine more city fights will be occurring and a forge may get invaded.
>>
File: Throne Price Formula.png (225KB, 1691x1042px) Image search: [Google]
Throne Price Formula.png
225KB, 1691x1042px
>>53987565
The game I'm in has been using currency to good effect IMO. Instead of each item having it's own particular price, the price of items is derived from this formula. Basically just multiply along the line.
The money is intended to be roughly equivalent in value to thrones from DH1E.
Homebrew item categories particular to our campaign were crossed out for your convenience.
>>
>>54010109
Promethium makes for good improvised explosives.
>>
>>54010109
>I imagine more city fights will be occurring and a forge may get invaded.

I don't have much experience actually running things for people, so I have no idea if this won't just be more annoying then memorable but whatever.

Booby traps, lots of them, opponents with superior firepower shooting from cover in difficult to reach locations, for instance second or third roof of a building, forcing your players through a gauntlet of fire, obstacles, more boobytraps to get to them, hopefully before they just decided to relocate and fuck off to hiding through a preplanned path that they will have is they know their shit. Make them do a shit load of perception tests to avoid getting blown up or ambushed. Probably make the booby traps less save or die, but save or take some damage or minor annoying shit like that, whittle them down. Hell, shoot and scoot enemies as a consequence of perception test fails. First fail, they get a krak missile flying their way out of the blue, much easier perception test to see where it came from, fail that and they run off. Like I said, I haven't ever actually run anything.

Maybe throw throw the odd tank at them. You could possibly just rip off the guy who had his players constantly hunted by a haunted tank playing the Mickey Mouse theme whenever it came near, or something similar.
>>
File: 1483567189622.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483567189622.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>54010109
Forgot to add. VBIEDs.

Wish /tg/ had sound on their webms, could post the one from the point of view of having one coming at you.
>>
>>54009543
Fights aren't interesting because they're challenging. The people and circumstances involved make a fight interesting, not the difficulty.
>>
>>54006256
>cringy ERP shit
Yeah I'll pass.
>>
File: chaos_marine_by_nachomon.png (356KB, 763x1046px) Image search: [Google]
chaos_marine_by_nachomon.png
356KB, 763x1046px
Tell me about your astartes characters in Black Crusade.
>>
>>54008569
why is she so cute?
>>
File: huh.jpg (91KB, 377x449px) Image search: [Google]
huh.jpg
91KB, 377x449px
>>54001926
>grown in a car
>>
File: FB_IMG_1497329346950.jpg (41KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1497329346950.jpg
41KB, 720x720px
>>54011199
>literally 2nd note is no ERP/magrealm

Yeah go fuck yourself faggot
>>
Hi. Psyker partied with an insane sniper here. You may have seen me last week.

The Techpriest, Guardsman, and I have accomplished nothing this week besides MAYBE finding a crashed Eldar ship and doing recon on some lower-Hive mobsters, and the sniper got herself killed after bumping off a port authority clerk and five Arbites who cornered her inside a shipping crate after an hour-long solo chase scene.

This game has gone completely off the rails and I think our GM is this close to strangling us at the table. Or maybe just the sniper's player.
>>
File: 1267062375903.png (185KB, 480x502px) Image search: [Google]
1267062375903.png
185KB, 480x502px
>>54011749

Because Triplex Lasrifles are pure waifu material
>>
>>54011268
I had one lang ago.

He was a baaaaaald renegade and had a strange voice.

He was also retardedly dead with his autocannon.
>>
File: Wolfandsister1.jpg (382KB, 1600x1136px) Image search: [Google]
Wolfandsister1.jpg
382KB, 1600x1136px
>>54011268

When I ran Black Crusade, I had three Astartes characters in it

>Generic as fuck angry Khorne Berserker whose only break of character was that he didn't kill the party leader every second (party leader was a pirate prince with a slaughter cruiser)
>Refluffed Noise Marine, former Space Wolf, has the much-cooler Guitar style noise weapon, and blasts out Amon Amarth to kill fuckers. Backstory was he broke faith with the Space Wolves after Prospero because he actually had a good buddy Thousand Sons, and really didn't dig having to attack his buddy's legion.
>>
>>53956514

Is she specifically a battle sister? Sisters Hospitaller work with the guard, so she might be attached to a squad.

The battle sisters themselves, hmm, they do not mix as often, but if the Guard detachment is participating in a Crusade, there could be a SoB liaison. Likewise if an Inquisitor has called on the unit to assist on a mission, and there is a sisters force alongside as well.

Of the other orders, a Dialogous sister could be attached if someone higher up in the chain of command believes that important information might have to be secured and preserved ASAP... or, incidentally, that the Ecclesiarchy needs to have an ear in the force (likely because of politics). See also the crusade or inquisitorial involvement scenarios.
>>
File: 1474697679558.jpg (127KB, 1600x1042px) Image search: [Google]
1474697679558.jpg
127KB, 1600x1042px
>>54013736
>Is she specifically a battle sister?

Specifically yes. Although I get the feeling the player might build the character to do other things - either social\charm, or medic skills.

The question I have, which only she can answer, is how she wants to proceed with her build - whether she wants to go melee or ranged focus, work towards bolters, heavy weapons, flamer, melta, or do the Seraphim thing with paired pistols - considering shes using Norse Valkyries as something of an inspiration, I wouldn't be surprised if she wanted to go Power Spear and Shield

I did come up with an idea for why shes in the squad >>53979991
>>
Are there any mentions of any sort of private investigators in hive cities?
>>
>>54013798

Eh, okay. DESU I kinda miss the DH1 sister career where they started as initiates and were only sworn to an order a few level later,but then I like the DH1 progression a lot more.

Anyhow, the more veteran sisters do get quite a lot of toys. You might have to make power spears one-handed,since many spear weapons are two-handed by default, but considering their damage that should not be a difficult thing. What system are you using for mechanics, OW?
>>
>>54014039
>What system are you using for mechanics, OW?

Only War, but the Sister is using DH2e (which is the same system as Only War, just different chargen process). Sister is starting out as a starting DH2e character, so no Power Armour\Bolters until 750xp and she can buy the Sister of Battle Elite Advance.

Until then, I'm giving her the choice of Light Carapace Armor, either a Flamer or a Chainsword+Laspistol, and whatever other gear\tools that a Guardsman might realistically have but nothing more then that. Her Influence Rating as far as req'ing gear from her Mission isn't any better then the Squad Sergeant's req rating, so I'm not worried anyone is going to suddenly make a claim for getting shit they shouldn't have.
>>
File: Sororitas_Veteran.jpg (43KB, 329x479px) Image search: [Google]
Sororitas_Veteran.jpg
43KB, 329x479px
>>54014085

Okay, conceptually she could be a novice who for some reason was sent there to get her baptism of fire so to speak and to prove her faith in battle. I am not sure just how canon it is, but the galaxy is a big place and religious zeal can lead to some strange situations.

Have a Nordic-looking Sister Veteran for your troubles (Ebon Chalice, supposedly).
>>
>>54006470
Our GM reintroduced Thrones after couple of missions with Influence. Turned out it was harder for us to keep coming up with ideas how we was able to get new items in a secret missions on different planets without involvement of our inquisitor than to track our money and local currencies. Spending money on food and accommodations are rounded up monthly based on average quality we usually bought. Some of us started our own ventures, some invested into something, some wasted everything on cool gadgets and was forced to beg other PCs for food and shelter. Our Inquisitor on the other hand still have his influence and we are still able to use it to get really important stuff and services with all the risks mentioning of his name can bring.
>>
File: Beauty.jpg (681KB, 1692x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Beauty.jpg
681KB, 1692x2048px
>>54014161
>novice

thats the idea, shes an Initiate.
Her Mission is being deployed alongside the character regiment as a test - to gather the measure of the regiment (and specifically the PC squad) for whether they could serve the needs of an Inquisitor, whose mission involves a Rogue Trader he suspects is helping the Dominate. He has a particular vendetta to settle with this RT from the days when the Inq was an acolyte, and the Mission Order shares that vendetta as well.

I custom built the Order, and its a small one that started at the Angevin Crusade as a fleet based crusade order and just never really stopped. Their founder got put to death by the same cabal of generals that assassinated Drusus, and as such, the Order has serious trust issues (but trust once earned is pretty much unbreakable).

Which brings me to an interesting question. Would a Sister of Battle Order use Imperial Navy vessels, or Space Marine naval vessels?
>>
>>54014242

Navy like everyone else, imo. As far as I am aware, only Space Marines use their vessels,and while an Inquisitor could probably get a ride, I cannot remember a fluff example of one doing so off the top of my head.

The Navy already handles Imperial Guard transport and have a lot less frayed relationship with the Ecclesiarchy.

Alternatively, the Ecclesiarchy has contacts with many free traders and more than a few of the more militant rogue traders, so that is another option. Any rogue trader worth his/her Profit Factor can see what wondrous profit opportunities there are in a crusade.
>>
File: 1390632198828.jpg (381KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1390632198828.jpg
381KB, 1920x1080px
>>54014337
>Navy like everyone else, imo

I had figured so. I had toyed with the idea that the Order operates an old Strike Cruiser as their flagship, along with a handful of regular navy escorts (swords\cobras) - the Strike Cruiser might have been a gift or a hand me down.

Either way, its super easy to carve out a Lunar and fill it with multiple Barracks, or better yet, use a Dictator, with the launch bays designed for ground assault.
>>
>>54013635
>I had three Astartes characters
But you only described two. What's the third?
>>
>>54014496

Oh, whoops

Third was the Space Woof Noise Marines best buddy, a Thousand Sons sorcerer with a pet rubric. Never did anything except try and coax the berserker into killing the non-astartes characters (the pirate prince, and a dude who was basically 40k scarecrow with a custom flamer that spat terror drugs)
>>
How should be a psyker penalised by using his powrs while travelling on ship in the warp?
>>
>>54014671
From using his powers*
>>
>>54014671
I'd say +30 to Warp Phenomena rolls and +10 to rolls for Dangers.
>>
>>54010162
Bolters don't have integral magazines
>>
>>54014671
Should he be penalized?
>>
>>54014671
see
>>54015885
The gellar field would honestly likely interfere with the focus power test, but it would not make them more like for phenomenon; there is an entire engine designed to protect the ship from warp influence, how will a single psyker disrupt that?
>>
>>54016126
>>54015885
What I mean that he should be penalised from gellar field disrupting him.
>>
>>54016225
And if so, how?
>>
>>54016453
Honestly, if that were the case, Astropath would not be able to broadcast messages through the Warp. Astropathic Choirs would be used just to go through the Field and not for boosting signal.

Gellar fields are less an obstacle than the normal boundary between the warp and normal universe(because of the need for navigators to guide the ship). The Fields do not block psychic powers, astro-pathic communication or even demonic entities once they have manifested inside the field's area.
tl;dr: psyker powers in a Gellar Field work as in realspace.
>>
>>54017354
Ah yes, that makes sense. Thanks anon-kun
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.