[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello gents, I am planning on GMing a Word of Darkness game set

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: download (1).jpg (7KB, 332x152px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7KB, 332x152px
Hello gents, I am planning on GMing a Word of Darkness game set in the wild west. 1880s period. I've been a fan of spaghetti westerns for a long time, but I am not familiar with the history, rumors, myths about the redskins and such to make a place believable, especially that I have a historian in the party and I don't want to embarrass myself, nor get schooled while GMing.

I need some help in preparation.

Any amusing videos, books or even comic books to get myself acquainted with the feel of the mystery of the great unknown vast lands.

Thank you kindly.
>>
>>53933415
Werewolf:The Apocalypse has a supplement all about that period.
>>
>>53933415
>especially that I have a historian in the party
BBE.. I mean, ugh.

I feel for you, OP. Having an expert (or worse, an "expert") in your group is always a hurdle.

Your best bet is to make it clear to everyone in your group that you are telling a FICTIONAL STORY about a MYTHICAL PERIOD that DIDN'T REALLY EXIST. You might want to talk to your historyfag directly and ask him to shut off his knowledge for the duration of the session.
>>
>>53933514
Better idea: ask his advice on things, but still tell him you are NOT running a true-to-life historical game. This works best if he can be trusted not to metagame too hard.
>>
>>53933514
This. The Wild West is most interesting game wise when you embrace the mythology of the period. Plus, its WoD, so its already different and more supernatural than the real west.
>>
OP here :
My players are a dream team of reasonable folk, no problem there. No one will make a big deal out of me making a mistake, but I've been GMing for 7 years now (not to the same group, 2 players were only constant) but I guess a few of them, myself included expect a certain quality from my game. Of course they will understand its a fictional world, but still the historian will succumb to the professional deformation and throw off the flow, or... Or maybe I am just worried that I won't make it fun for him if it's not based in the real West, but my fictional one. Just tonight he started naming generals and people I've never heard of... So it got me worried a bit. I had no idea that he finished a uni for that, the man is a psychologist.

Also this can become western inspiration art dump
>>
>>53933821
.. And thank you all for the advices.
Found some more styiff online
(sry cant type styiff on my phone screebn malfunctioning)
Werewolf:the Wild West, Deadlands, and Gurps: The Old West
>>
>>53933415
Play Deadlands instead. It'll cover you for everything you need and the writing's better than WoD.
>>
File: the 6th gun.jpg (262KB, 600x923px) Image search: [Google]
the 6th gun.jpg
262KB, 600x923px
>>53933415
Read some of this. The series was good homework for a deadlands game, and it covers the weird west pretty well.
>>
File: pat-loboyko-wildwest.jpg (297KB, 1236x800px) Image search: [Google]
pat-loboyko-wildwest.jpg
297KB, 1236x800px
>>
>>53934837
I'll borrow heavily from it.
But there is a player that abhors learning a new system. Actor archeotype... So I'll look into Deadlands, thank you.
>>
>>
File: tumblr_nftfpgcRGH1u1sb80o1_1280.jpg (135KB, 728x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nftfpgcRGH1u1sb80o1_1280.jpg
135KB, 728x1000px
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.