[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is your character a "hero inside, monster outside"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

Is your character a "hero inside, monster outside" or a "monster inside, hero outside" kind of deal?
True monsters and true heroes need not apply.
>>
>>53931515
I more often play the "monster inside, hero outside" type.

A well-respected knight who was completely indifferent to right or wrong, following whatever orders his lord gave.

An antipaladin with the reputation of the paladin he looked exactly like.

A ranger famed for protecting his region from monsters, who only did so because it gave him the chance to legally murder.

That kind of thing.
>>
File: scree.jpg (1MB, 3555x2198px) Image search: [Google]
scree.jpg
1MB, 3555x2198px
kinda
>>
>>53931762
>Neutral, Lawful, Chaotic.jpg
>>
>>53931762
>ID
>want to take orders
That's not how id works.
>>
>>53931762
Id is more like "Eat. Shit. Fuck. Kill. Shit. Be."
>>
>>53931515
Current character? Probably more "Hero outside, monster inside".
He means well, and is a respectful, polite person with a passion for healing people and bettering others' lives.
But the experiments he performs to get to that point would turn into franken-fran-meets-mengele-tier horror if he ever lost his sense of morality. Which is a thing that has a chance of happening, should he form a pact with a dragon.
Which is a thing that will probably happen.

Most of the other characters I've played have been either or.
>CN Half Elf Sorcerer
Hero out, monster in. Charming sociopath who loved drugs and sex, and got away with all sorts of bullshit through bluff.
>Not!Krogan
Monster out, monstrous hero in. Omnicidal war-priest, loved killing, eating sapient creatures, and enslaving lesser races, but looked out for his crew like an overprotective father of a beautiful teenage girl.
>Jayan Weaponmaster
Monster out, hero in. Brash, loud, uncouth, and prone to violence, but a stalwart defender of the weak and of those he swore to protect. Would kill himself before willingly breaking an oath.
>Indestructible Mafia Enforcer
Monster out, hero in. Fat and ugly, and usually not a nice guy, but he cared enough about his daughter and ex-wife to try to keep most of his dirty dealings a secret. Secretly proud as fuck when he found out that his daughter became an intern for a Lawyer in Metropolis.
>Half-Orc Barbarian
Hero out, monster in. seemed trustworthy, acted trustworthy, but really lived to screw over everyone else's carefully laid plans for the god he kinda worshiped.
>Saltwater Croc Pirate
Monster out, hero in. Big, dumb, nasty fucker who would eat foes alive if they were stirring shit up with his captain. HUGE soft spot for kids and females, though. Nearly died to a child necromancer, went temporarily berserk when a crew member killed the child necro to save him. Also hugged a banshee, redeeming the ghost child's soul so she could pass on and see her mama.
>>
>>53931515
Hero inside, hero outside, monster in between.
>>
File: BostonCreamDonutstatedonut.jpg (144KB, 482x324px) Image search: [Google]
BostonCreamDonutstatedonut.jpg
144KB, 482x324px
>>53931515
My character is:
>boston cream inside, fried dough outside
>>
>>53932496
Best donut
>>
"Monster" outside, Hero in. Playing as an animated suit of armor, powered by the soul of the man who died wearing it. He was killed and trapped by a cabal of necromancers who steam-rolled his village, and ever since then has been forced to do their bidding.

PC's killed his master, and with his free will restored, wants to make up for all the horrible shit he's done so he can die in peace.

Took a few sessions to get the blood, spikes skulls and other shit off. Still have to avoid the church zealots in town. But hopefully thing'll turn out okay.
>>
>>53932116
>>53932155
warforged
>>
>>53932116
>>53932155
I guess the author just sees it as the evil part of the brain.
Side note, where would you put the blame for abdicating responsiblity for ones actions to authority? Ego?
I guess the whole three-part-mind thing is sort of outdated isn't it?
>>
>>53932901
I wouldn't apply Freud's models to anyone except Freud himself.
>>
>>53932901
>three-part-mind thing is sort of outdated isn't it?
Yeah, pretty much all of Freud's teaching is.
>>
>Evil steals from good, spends ill-begotten money on cool shit that those who get exploited could never afford on their own
>Kill evil, take spoils, keep the choicest bits, donate whatever's left back to whoever was victimized
>Gain that adoration of good, and the best loot
>maybe even get paid for it.

Good is ez mode.
>>
>>53931762
But the Id are your true desires and technically most of you.
The Ego is just your conscious identity and the Supergo some rationalizations and ideals.
Unbrided Id would obviously be little more than an animal and quickly result in your death but completely ignoring it is a souless existence wearing the skin of righteouness.
>>
I'm not sure it's that easy.

My character's a tiefling who has very strong predilections from her devilish ancestry. She likes organization, the taste of blood, the scent of fear. She strives to keep people under her control, and she has sold her own party members to her matron to keep them close.

...But she wants a family and friends, like she's never had. She loves people, and has never had any of her own before. So my character protects the bard whose soul flapped about helplessly on the winds of Caina when she tried to run away. My character showers her lover with gifts and affection, even as they both know that her "lady" would break his spine if he ever dared to break her heart. And she gently tutors the arcane trickster, not needing to remind him where the source of his knowledge comes from. The cleric is currently on a trial basis for inclusion into her family.

And one day, she wants to move them all with her to a little house by the sea, where she, they, and her Erinyes matron could live happily ever after, tutoring future generations of youngsters in the arcane arts.

Now, does she really sound all that bad?
>>
>>53931515
I would suppose hero outside, monster inside.
Everything she does is for the sake of humanity, but that 'everything' is working with cultists, causing the deaths of quite a few people, brokering deals with horrible monsters and then murdering those monsters after the deal is over, putting her own family in a position guaranteed to get them tortured for information for the sake of that information, attempting to murder her best friend, and generally being as pragmatic as possible in trying to get that goal accomplished.
To be fair, she's also human outside and monster on the inside literally.
>>
Monster outside, hero inside.
He's a Lizardfolk barbarian who used to fight in underground fight clubs for money, with a penchant for grappling and using a sling. Now he goes adventuring to earn enough to pay back a debt he owes from a deal gone bad. He's tough, but he's a big softie sometimes. He loves comfort food, stumbles awkwardly around pretty girls, and scares bullies away from other children. Also he's a big fucking mamas boy, but if you said that to his face, he'd tear you in two.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.