[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Khorne BTFO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 420
Thread images: 49

File: IMG_1303.png (2MB, 1135x835px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1303.png
2MB, 1135x835px
>sends all of his greatest champions to Octarius except Angron
>stays there long enough for massive armies of cultists, beastmen and heretic astartes warbands to show up
>fails to kill Ghaz or Swarmlord and has his formerly unstoppable crusade fought to a standstill by xenos
>Angron fails to get summoned to Armageddon
>Orks and guardsmen team up against him
>got utterly and embarrassingly blown out on terra

Poor showing for Khorne so far in 8th. Even with the endless numbers and ability to appear just about anywhere, he's still jobbing, and to the main jobbers no less. Khornefags will defend this. Tzeentch is so far the only chaos god not getting embarrassed right now
>>
Reminder that he also gets BTFO in AoS and loses his biggest fortress to a bunch of sigmarines with no artillery or seize equipment, and skarbrand gets rekt by vandis hammerhand.

Their last canonical appearance in warhammer fantasy was sigmar one shotting kbandha and then their forces being completely routed by orcs and ogres. Khorne a shit
>>
>>53917811
>to the main jobbers no less
Let's be honest: when the Blood Crusade started having so trouble handling the Nids biting at their ankles while they're participating in joyous games of 'CHOP UP THE OTHER GIT!' with the Orks on Octarius, you just know Gork n' Mork called Khorne across the Warp and asked if he was feeling alright.

I mean, these guys lost to the Swarmlord. Who last time died to nameless Orks on that very same planet (he got better and came back on another tendril of course!).

[Technically the Blood Crusade lost momentum due to its own stupidity, but still...]
>>
File: 1423274882388.png (261KB, 416x307px) Image search: [Google]
1423274882388.png
261KB, 416x307px
>>53917811
>Orks and guardsmen team up against him
Elaborate?
>>
>>53918175
Orks stopped krumpin' the humies so hard and instead focused on the daemons, which were a far better fight.
>>
>>53917811
>Tzeentch is so far the only chaos god not getting embarrassed right now
We haven't seen whether Nurgle's attacks on Ultramar are successful or not, yet. That's getting decided in the Konor campaign.

Of course Chaos will probably lose that campaign hard, so...
>>
>>53918166
>died to nameless Orks
Nice meme
Still, khorne sent all of its MVPs and the bulk of its chaos marine forces and still failed to kill any of the characters or weaken either force in any meaningful way. They didn't lose, but they failed to accomplish anything of note
>>
>>53918175
Orks and humans briefly stopped killing each other to kill daemons instead.
>>
>>53918233
>nurgle dubs
Nice try faggot, nurgle got stalemated in ultramar and had to pull out for the rift war. Fate of konor is after they come back, and we all know chaos is not winning that one
>>
>>53917811
>>fails to kill Ghaz or Swarmlord and has his formerly unstoppable crusade fought to a standstill by xenos

Again, with this? Please show where it says that the Blood Crusade went to hunt them down personally. I dare you.

The Blood Crusade was stalemated at Octarius and currently its finishing up with the Rift War before heading towards Armageddon.

So far the Blood Crusade has ZERO defeats.
>>
>>53918175
Basically Khorne showed up with his Blood Crusade to bring back Angron, then Tzeentch's guys showed up and started fucking up the nice 3-way bloodbath that was about to go down.

Ghazzy probably just told da boyz on Armageddon via his OP as fuck telepathy to listen to Yarrick until the spikey gits were krumped good an' proppa so the humies and Orks can go back to having a proppa fight again.

Or something along those lines.
>>
>>53918235
The Blood Crusade mission was to go around the galaxy and just wreck stuff up. They did not go to Octarius to kill anyone specific. They went there for blood and giggles and stayed there for a while before relocating to the Rift War.

After they finished there, they started relocating to Armageddon as their final stop apparently.
>>
>>53918210
realizing that they have so much in common,the color green nicking stuff booze and hating deamons, the orks and guardsmen put aside their petty diffrences to achive a victory over the forces of chaos

khorne would not rise quickly from this shame and humiliation
>>
>>53918280
No, the Orks and humans in desperation fought briefly together against the daemons. A Space Marine strike force led by the Salamanders stopped Angron from being summoned there.

However, the Blood Crusade is coming to Armageddon in full force so things are gonna get worse.
>>
>>53918275
>The Blood Crusade was stalemated at Octarius and currently its finishing up with the Rift War before heading towards Armageddon.

Unless you've got time and dates to prove these claims, your full of shit anon and just assmad that the Blood Crusade got defeated at Octarius.

It's not a stalemate. It's a standstill. Meaning any momentum it had (after gathering two waves of mortal and daemon Khorne followers) was gone, and if those daemons hadn't been pulled out for the Rift War they'd have died in the long run. As it is, the mortal servants of Khorne are fucked 40 ways to Sunday just getting OFF the Ork/Nid-infested worldwide warzone on a death world.
>>
>>53918337
They didn't achieve victory. The Daemons are overrunning the planet which is partially a daemon world now. More daemons are on the way.
>>
>>53918363
>It's not a stalemate. It's a standstill.

Which is basically a stalemate as in a grindfest between the Khornates and 2 combined Orks and Nids.

> Meaning any momentum it had (after gathering two waves of mortal and daemon Khorne followers) was gone

Bullshit. The Blood Crusade continued to the Rift War and it said the warbands dropped off and joined up on the way.

> if those daemons hadn't been pulled out for the Rift War they'd have died in the long run.

Nice headcanon you got there.

>As it is, the mortal servants of Khorne are fucked 40 ways to Sunday just getting OFF the Ork/Nid-infested worldwide warzone on a death world.

They are a hardy bunch and Daemonkin warbands are known for their Tyranid killing skill. With siingulart warbands proving a match for entire splinter fleets.

>Unless you've got time and dates to prove these claims

Going by the lore from the page it says that the Blood Crusade had 1000 or so battles and they met their match in just 2. After that was done, they went to the Rift War. The Rift War was resolved with a champion brawl.

The Warhammer community site, says that the Blood Crusade is on its way to Armageddon. The text says that Armageddon is infested by daemons to the brim.
>>
>>53918364
more chaos-boys to krump? how is that not a victory??

as for the guardsmen, more enemies to kill eachother, how is this not a victory?

soon the combined forces of guard and green will summon their ultimate avatar,

Yarrick
>>
The real question you guys should be asking is what's the over faction that managed to match to the Blood Crusade.

My bet is the T'au Empire. Either the Farsight Enclave or the lost 4th Sphere fleet. The T'au way of fighting is like a hard counter to Khornates.
>>
>>53917911
>AoS
Not canon.
>>
What is the source for all this shit? I've been out of the loop for so long that the last thing I'd heard about the Octarius war was that the tyranids were slowly winning but it was still mostly an escalating stalemate with the Eldar and Imperium getting dragged in.
>>
>>53918687
Dude, the 8th ED Index Xenos and the 8th ED main rulebook. They are in the general. Go download them. Get updated before its too late.
>>
>>53918687
New blurbs of fluff from the 8e rulebook mostly.

1st off, there's been a 100 year timeskip, meaning that stuff like the Octarius War has been going on for a century. 2nd, Khorne and his followers kinda jumped the gun... like a lot ever since Abaddon broke Cadia and Guilliman woke up.
>>
>>53917911
Ka'bandha at least BTFO all the other Incarnates before Sigmar wanked the day
>>
>>53917911
Please remember what happened when Skarbrand was first unleashed. He laid waste to a Seraphon army and scattered an alliance of Fyreslayers and Stormcast.
>>
>>53918823
And now he's jobbing to orks and nids
>>
>>53918846
He wasn't defeated. He left to fight the greatest champs of the other gods in the Rift War.

Not even Girlyman was able to fight him in 1 v 1.
>>
Implying Chaos isn't just a big bad for games workshop writers to attack using their good guy mary sues.
>>
>>53918275
The fact that this coalition of Khornate named characters failed to defeat the Jobberlord, the perfect jobber, created solely to be the best jobber in the galaxy, for whom anyone with a name is capable of defeating, is extremely telling.
If they were any good at all they should have been able to defeat the Swarmlord three times each. Instead they couldn't do shit.
>>
Chaos is allowed to job in my book because they can just keep coming back
If ghazzy just up and died (without involving yarrick, mind) then I'd be pretty pissed off
The problem with chaos is finding ways for them to succeed without, say, getting rid of a character that has rules OR using some random mook or redshirt or literally who as win fodder because that's not remotely satisfying
>>
>>53918905
They didn't fail to defeat. They just had to depart too soon to catch up to their schedule. If they were allowed to stay and continue the fight can you tell me who would have won? You can't.
>>
>>53918948
Defeating the Jobberlord takes like five seconds. Why were they even there if they had to leave immediately after they arrived?
>>
>>53918948
>In celebration of the great conquests that were sure to come, Khorne bellowed. That roar shook the galaxy, sending further splits in reality cracking across its riven middle. His followers – from Daemon legions to brutish beasts to violent-minded hive cultists – all took up that call to arms. Riding new crests of the warp storms known as the Blood Waves, the Daemon legions erupted from the Cicatrix Maledictum, bringing new orgies of slaughter across the galaxy. Thus began the Blood Crusade. The red-raged armies did not seek out destinations. Instead, the gore-slavering fiends merely rode where the storms took them, materialising upon a planet to unleash carnage, and leaving when the tempests moved beyond.

Here how the Blood Crusade worked. They ride the storms. They stay on a planet as long as the storm lingers. When the storm moves on, so does the Blood Crusade.

Just like I said before, it's not an invasion. It's interplanetary drive-by.
>>
>>53918948
The book literally says that the fighting killed the crusade's momentum. and all the mortals are still probably stuck on there
>>
>>53917811
Where can I find this bit about Octarius?
>>
>>53918981
A costly one that killed their momentum
>>
>>53918963
See >>53918981

They don't control where they go or how long they stay. The storms in their randomness control where they go and how long they stay in the battlefield. Most of the time, the storms stay around for a few hours.

And killing billions of Orks and Nids takes more than a few hours.
>>
>>53918983
No, it doesn't. The Orks and Tyranids fought the Blood Crusade to a standstill until the daemons moved on.

The text says nothing about any momentum. The Blood Crusade carried on. New forces came and went until Khorne halted the Crusade and took them to the Rift War.
>>
>>53918996
>A costly one that killed their momentum

How?
Their momentum is dictated by the Storm.
>>
>>53919047
Yes, your NPC race sucks ass and their boss is a whiny shit who stomps off with his toys when he can't just automatically curbstomp helpless things and starts playing with the big boys. And has to make excuses as for why he totes didn't lose he WON i mean STALEMATED YEAH DIDN'T RUN AWAY LIKE A CHICKENSHIT IT WAS A STALEMATE.
Chaos is pussies.
>>
File: IMG_0483.jpg (86KB, 450x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0483.jpg
86KB, 450x320px
>>53917811
Orks and nids knew the secret of razor wire.
>>
>>53919096
Not an argument.
>>
File: 67382817.jpg (5KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
67382817.jpg
5KB, 180x180px
>>53919096
>C-chaos is the real NPC race!

Does the realisation that you're an NPC really cut that deep?
>>
>>53919173
>Does the realisation that you're an NPC really cut that deep?
Why are you asking yourself that question anon? Clearly you already know the answer, and just don't want to admit the truth.
>>
>>53919173
I wouldn't know. I don't play chaos
>>
>>53919199
One word.

Konor
>>
>>53919120
Face it. Khorne stuck his dick in a grinder and then the inevitable happened when you stick your fucking dick in a grinder. If it were Slaanesh he'd at least have enjoyed it.
I can no longer take Khornate demons seriously. Fucking chickenshits. At least Kharn's sticking around with his guys it seems, even if he's going to get shitstomped by the masses of bodies.
>>53919173
I'm just here to laugh at Chaos.
>>
>>53919199
>>53919200
It must sting, knowing you chose an irrelevant NPC faction.
I know this to be true, because the insult obviously chafes you.

You can try rubber and glue, but we see you for what you are. NPCs.
>>
>>53918439
>soon the combined forces of guard and green will summon their ultimate avatar,
>Yarrick.

FUCK
>>
>>53919238
>You can try rubber and glue, but we see you for what you are. NPCs.
>Says the NPCfag cheering on his NPC faction as they charged blindly into the middle of the galactic meatgrinder of a 100 year-long xenos vs xenos murder-kill-die-nom-chopping extravaganza
>>
>tfw like chaos and orks
>both of my factions are green
feels good
>>
>>53919229
No, the storm took the Blood Crusade to Octavius and then took them elsewhere. It did that 1000 times. That's how it worked. It has nothing to do with cowardice or anything.

The Orks and nids just rode out the storm and the daemons that it brought. They survive and that's it.
>>
>>53917811

want to know about a real BTFO? try this

>Unconscious Eldrad is found by pathfinders of Hoec
>Eldrad put through a hero's journey/Tests of Cuchulain by Hoec
>Collecting ancient artifacts of pre-fall Eldar empire as penance for attempting to create Ynnead
>Finishing his quest with the first tear of Isha, discovers she still lives
>Uses the old pre-fall artifacts like Sword of Anaris, Armor of Eldanesh, Staff of Ulthanesh
>Attacks the gardens of Nurgle to save her, fights to inevitable death
>Isha is saved at the cost of Eldrad's life.
>Creation of new Eldar pantheon
>First gathering of Eldar since the fall

It would be revealed at the end of the story that Hoec was the son of Morai-heg and the post-fall God of fate.
Hoec created the prophecy of Ynnead to provoke a "long defeat" mentality in the Eldar and sent Eldrad on the quest knowing he would eventually die to save Isha.

Instead you got Gathering Storm.
>>
>>53919009
The text specifically mentions that the daemons materialize with the warp storms, everyone else has to actually get there. The daemons were on Octarius long enough for massive armies of cultists and beastmen to get there, it wasn't a few hour drive by. Also most, as in the vast majority, of blood crusade armies didn't have nearly this many champions or elite troops. Almost all of the names characters are there, even doombreed. Almost all of the major chaos space marines
Warbands dedicated to Khorne were there, and 2 of Khornes greatest huntsmen were there. This was no simple raid, all those champions didn't just so happen to end up all in the same place
>>
>>53919286
Your AI must be extremely primitive if the best you can muster is an inappropriate mirror move.
When will GW upgrade their NPC software?
>>
>>53919298
So they beat it. Because that's how defenders win when they're attacked - they survive the attack until the attackers are gone.
Glad you agree that Chaos lost, finally. They failed to fuck things up enough in their time period unlike the other places, so the defenders won, thus Khorne lost.
>>
>>53919294
Well, at least one of your favorites aren't NPCs.
And you've probably got more of them then the other, because they're Orks.
>>
>>53919279
>We'll never read Yarrick getting into a fist fight with Abaddon on Cadia.
>We'll never read that regardless of his plot demanded defeat he was found punching more Orks in another sector shortly after.
>>
>>53919332
Nope, the forces of Chaos weren't there for an invasion. Conquering the planet was not the objective. They were there to reap skulls and bloodshed until the storm took them somewhere else. As far as I can tell, they got what they wanted. The Orks and Tyranids gave them a worthy fight and Khorne got his due from the blood of both sides. The fact is shown that Khorne was nor displeased with the Blood Crusade's progress.
>>
File: IMG_1301.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1301.png
1MB, 750x1334px
>this entire force couldn't affect the Octarius war in any meaningful way
Holy shit, Khorne was being a WAAC power gaming faggot and gathered all of his greatest champions for this fight and still couldn't do shit.

Reminder, Ghazz has cleaned a planet of tyranids, tyranids have cleaned planets of Orks, but Khornes mightiest generals couldn't wipe out 2 armies that had just been fighting each other and were in no way allied. Just SAD
>>
>>53919306
>The daemons were on Octarius long enough for massive armies of cultists and beastmen to get there, it wasn't a few hour drive by.

Who says that the mortals didn't ride the storm as well? In Fall of Cadia, the traitor fleets were using the Warpstorm to sail faster than the Imperials.

"Eight distinct spearheads drove out into the galaxy in all directions, and as blood-trails draw in predators, so too did the Blood Crusade. Renegades, cultists, the criminally violent – all were drawn towards this unbound rage. Tomb worlds fell, Imperial forge worlds became abattoirs, and Tyranid hive fleets were eradicated. In some cases, entire populations were sacrificed to the Blood God, but in most instances the attack only lasted for a few hours, delivering its bloody decimation before the Slaughterhost was gone again. New forces joined, while others dropped off".

If the Slaughterhost, as the whole of it, was gone in a few hours then this implies that the mortals can keep up with the Storm.
>>
>>53919415
>>this entire force couldn't affect the Octarius war in any meaningful way

It managed to fight both sides united against it to a stalemate. That's a pretty meaningful effect.
>>
>>53919404
>I'm going to throw all my best toys into this fight, then that'll show everyone I'm the best!
>Wait, they didn't do shit? I didn't even get any blood from half of that, those bugs have icky ichor! Screw you guys, I'm taking my toys and I'm LEAVING!
>>
>>53919415
1-No, the Tyranids didn't clean the planet out of Orks.

2-There were the forces of two Leviathan tendrils on the planet

3-Ghaz's Waaaagh! +The Overfiend's Waaaagh! were on the planet

The daemons were on a timer that ran out. It would take a long campaign to wipe out that number of Tyranids and Orks. The fact the Blood Crusade took on the combined might of the massive presences of the Orks and Tyranids at the same proves the might of Khorne rather than subtract from it since the elite of the Tyranids and Orks veterans of hundred years of evolution and fighting only managed to fight a Khorne host, that couldn't have numbered in the billions, to a standstill.
>>
>>53919460
Khorne didn't do nothing. Like I said, the storm dictates how long they stay and where they go. It's all random. Just how KY-OS likes it.

>>53919501
Continued...A long campaign that would take months, even years. Not a few hours or at most if we are going be generous and say a day or two.
>>
>>53919096
I agree.
>>53919104
Forced meme is stale already.
>>53919173
All of the antagonist factions are NPCs. Bereft of anything interesting at all.
>>
>>53918981
>Just like I said before, it's not an invasion. It's interplanetary drive-by.
A drive by that lasted long enough for fucking KHARNE and the world eaters legion to show up, only to be left in the dust and wondering what the fuck happened when the daemons all peaced out.
>>
>>53919599
Warp travel is like fast man. Especially for traitors now who ride the storms. Why are you acting like Warp travel isn't FTL? Why are you assuming that the traitors were lagging behind? It's all baseless.
>>
>>53919617
>Warp travel is like fast man.
Just deploying that many spess mehrenes from orbit takes more than a few hours.
>>
>>53919434
>It managed to fight both sides united against it to a stalemate
>Except this never happened
It's called two speeding trains already on a collision course the Blood Crusade was dumb enough to stand in the middle. They didn't fucking unite, the Blood Crusade just couldn't handle fighting them both at the same time.

>>53919617
>Why are you assuming that the traitors were lagging behind? It's all baseless.
The fluff EXPLICITLY says the DAEMONS left via Warp storms, not 'the entire Blood Crusade.
Meaning, yes, Kharn and his World Eaters showed up and got left standing alone between a billion angry mushroom men and countless extragalactic cockroaches by the non-mortal Khornate daemons.
>>
>>53919667
Did you read "Traitor Hate". The mass deployment of the Slaughter hordes of Kharn didn't seem to take hours. The ships just fired their droppods and containers at the planet randomly. Then the slaughter hordes swarmed with no sense of strategy and direction attacking anything in sight.
>>
>>53919599
And now they're going to drown under the Green and Chitinous Tides.
Buried under so many bodies that they cannot breathe, crushed by the enormous weight of a million corpses.
But for Octaria, all of this was just business as usual.
>>
>>53919671
>They didn't fucking unite

They did, that's what combined means.

>the Blood Crusade just couldn't handle fighting them both at the same time.

Yes it could. It fought them to a standstill.
>>
Honestly, I think Khorne is conceptually something of a lame duck. Slaanesh has the thrill of sensation, excess, and the endless pursuit of perfection, Tzeentch has magic, change, and the pursuit of power, Nurgle has despair, disease, death, and even an insular, toxic love associated with him. Khorne has murder and anger, like not even death in general, since that falls under Nurgle's purview, just violent death.
>>
>>53919671
Combined might, dude.

And again. The Blood Crusade leaving HAD NOZING to do with the Orks and Tyranids fighting ability. The storm said they gotta go and so the daemons left.

And can you into reading comprehension? The debate over the traitors is about how long it took them to arrive on the planet, not if they were left behind.
>>
>>53919712
Nah. Kharn and the Zerkers will fight their way to safety like they always do.
>>
>>53918432
>They are a hardy bunch and Daemonkin warbands are known for their Tyranid killing skill.
You're literally worse than Maugan ra fan boys.

These are orks and tyranids who have been through a century of fucking constant battle on the surface of this planet. Just consider that for a moment, a race of mushroom men who get bigger and stronger the more they fight and a race of galactic locusts who adapt and evolve as they devour new biomass and encounter new fighting styles, trapped in not years, not decades but a freaking century worth of constant, perpetual, unending warfare where every nanosecond is spent perfecting tactics, building bigger guns, evolving nastier gribblies. Both sides led by respectively Ork jeesus and the Epitomy of the hive mind itself a eternal jobber

We're talking about the blood crusade who so far has managed to just straight up delete hive fleets and forge worlds on their way, in as you said just a matter of hours.

The fact that they where ground to a halt and had to fuck off back to the warp speaks volumes of how "do not fuck with these guys" Octarius has become after 100 years of eternal meatgrinder.
>>
>>53919708
>hordes swarmed with no sense of strategy and direction attacking anything in sight.
aka how you get killed by nids and orks, unless obviously its a massive chaosfanboy writing the fluff.
>>
>>53919759
Actually, Khorne's honesty and practicaly creed is his biggest draw. Khorne won't lie to you. His demands are simple and the point. He doesn't fake love to tempt you. He lets you know on the front that he hates you and nothing you do will change that. He will always hate you.

That's kind of straightforwardness and honesty from a deity is rare.
>>
>>53919716
>that's what combined means.
>the text is 'combined might'
>combined means total forces from both sides
Has fuck all to do with uniting.

>Yes it could. It fought them to a standstill.
No, trying to fight the Orks and Nids simultaneously is what brought the Blood Crusade to a standstill. Seriously, go read the rulebook again.
>>
>>53919824
>Has fuck all to do with uniting.

Combined means to unite my friend. They united. Orks and Guard united against Daemons. Tyranids are supposed to be smart, at least the Hivemind, so it would unite with the Orks to stop Chaos.

>No, trying to fight the Orks and Nids simultaneously is what brought the Blood Crusade to a standstill.

Fighting to standstill means they could handle it.
>>
>>53919805
Orks are little better most of the time.

And Orks think that the Khornates are too hardcore.

>Badscragg gawped at the carnage in the valley below. The Orks had been advancing on a miners’ town, expecting a few scared humies to stomp. As they drew near to the settlement, the greenskins had slowed at the sight of mounds of mangled corpses. Moments later, howling bloody murder, a horde of red-armoured Chaos boyz had come charging out to attack. The greenskins had roared their approval of a proper battle. However, it had soon become apparent that it was possible to have too much of a good thing. A snaggletoothed old Loota, Badscragg reckoned he’d more or less seen it all. But he’d never witnessed carnage like this. The Chaos boyz weren’t just killing the Orks, they were ripping them to bits. Ork throats were torn out by jagged fangs, the gushing blood drunk down in great draughts. Lashing tentacles tore off greenskin limbs and stuffed them into gaping maws. Skin was flayed, bones broken, and Ork guts ripped out by the fistful. Zog this, thought Badscragg, beginning to sidle slowly away from the fight. Even Orks had their limits, and this surpassed his. Suddenly, the Loota was plunged into shadow, choking on the reeking stink of sulphur. Badscragg looked up in sudden horror as something truly monstrous descended upon him, and then everything turned to blood and pain.

-From Codex "Daemonkin"
>>
>>53919869
>look mom we win in our own codex!
the only faction where that is impressive is tyranids.
>>
>>53919791
>These are orks and tyranids who have been through a century of fucking constant battle on the surface of this planet.

So they have no experience and are shit compared to big dick veterans of the Long War?
>>
>>53918340
Naw the desperation was only for the 'umies the orks werent cut off from reinforcements on a planet theyve been fighting hard on for years.

Ghazzy isnt letting Angron, or anyone mess with his farms, he and the khornates can get farmed too mind you its not like they would mind.
>>
>>53919822
Yeah, but it's still kind of a boring concept. The others could be regarded as examinations of the human condition, and in the case Tzeentch and Nurgle are associated with fundamental forces of reality, but Khorne is a complete one-trick pony, and that trick isn't interesting.
>>
>>53919900
You mean the ones that are stranded on a planet full of angry orks and tyrnaids
>>
>>53919900
you mean the tiny dicked veterans who couldn't even kill a planet covered in said mushrooms and locusts, despite previously having deleted forge worlds and hive fleets on their way to getting curb stomped on Octarius despite bringing their WAAC list?
>>
>>53919765
>The Daemons and Mortals show up on Octaria in a large, empty, blasted plains, full of craters and...not much else. There's some confusion from the mortals but everyone's pumped to fight the so-called meatgrinder of Octaria, but they don't see anything immediately.
>Two minutes pass, and it's 0800 local time. The Daily Charge happens as countless boyz and bugz charge across the wasteland from opposite sides - this is happening all across the planet, and has become something you can set your watch to.
>Khornates are in the middle of the designated battleground, and charge both ways to meet their foes, who don't actually change anything about what they do - they crash into whatever's closest and start tearing it apart
>Giant mass of orks, nids, and chaos tearing each other apart in the middle of the landscape, stomped flat from a century of charges. Nothing makes sense. Rokkits and bioplasma are flying every which way, random body parts might as well be additional projectiles, the daemons are probably having to take flight just to move over the corpses.
>shit's dying on all sides except things with names
>Daemons eventually get called back because whatever.
And there is the combined might of both hordes fighting the Blood Crusade to a standstill on Octarius.
>>
>ITT: Khornefags proving OP right in spades
>>
>>53919927
They're not stranded with the bugfags and the greenfags, the bugfags and greenfags are stranded with them.
>>
>>53919908
Dude, the daemon that damned all mankind forever is Drach'nyen aka the Echo of the First Murder. Humanity's downfall started with its first sin which is murder.

And who is the Lord of Murder? Khorne is the manifestation of EVERY single senseless murder and hateful genocide of mankind's sad history.

Nobody damned mankind more than Khorne and nobody is more in tune with the state of the galaxy than Khorne.
>>
File: 1497308126124.png (56KB, 225x200px) Image search: [Google]
1497308126124.png
56KB, 225x200px
>>53918439
>Orks Waaagh field gives allien Yarrick the god like powers the Orks belive he has.

>Solos the blood crusade with a nuke shooting eye and power klaw able to snip up bloodthirsters by the dozens.
>>
>>53919943
No, I mean the big dick veterans who have proven unstoppable and will now be pissed they missed the rift war. NPCs stand no chance.
>>
>>53919982
>>Orks Waaagh field gives allied Yarrick
>>
>>53919765
>The Blood Crusade leaving HAD NOZING to do with the Orks and Tyranids fighting ability.
When will you stop telling lies?
It literally says that the nids and orks fought the blood crusade to a standstill, NOT that the blood crusade fought them to a standstill.
>>
>>53919975
Ok, I really don't care about the background, just the basic concepts he's associated with, and "lol murder" is just a seriously boring concept for a god that's part of a pantheon that are supposed to represent extremely broad concepts. Murder could have just as easily been folded into the other three, depending on reason associated with (asshole who does it for fun is slaanesh, asshole who does it for power is Tzeentch, asshole who does it out of desperation is Nurgle) and the setting would have been no worse off.
>>
>>53919869
>7th ed mob rule needed justification in fluff.
>>
>>53919990
>have proven unstoppable
except you know, when they where stopped twice
>>
>>53920017
Khorne embodies rage and hate.
>>
>>53920000
And can you into reading comprehension? The point is that the Blood Crusade was going to leave at its set time REGARDLESS of the condition of the battle. They could have had the Tyranids and Orks at the robes and they still would have left because their storm-bus was starting to move.
>>
>>53920025
Incorrect. They have met their match twice.
They have never been stopped.
If the mortal Khornates have not been carried on by the Storm then they'll fight and win and keep going.
>>
>>53919990
>unstoppable
>get stopped on Octarius
>t-that doesn't count!
>>
>>53919791
>The fact that they where ground to a halt and had to fuck off back to the warp speaks volumes of how "do not fuck with these guys" Octarius has become after 100 years of eternal meatgrinder.

This.
>>
>>53920017
Khorne is anger, rage, and hate. These emotions are humanity's oldest emotions that's why he is the first of the gods in stature and I believe also birth.
>>
>>53920056
See >>53920052
They didn't get stopped.
>>
>>53920052
>met their match
>this isn't being stopped
If a speeding car meets its match by slamming into another speeding car that is by definition a full stop. Whether it can drive again afterwards is irrelevant.
>>
>>53920030
Who embodies laughing your ass off at Khornates being incompetent?
>>
>>53920030
>>53920067
Those addictive excesses of emotion belong elsewhere.
>>
>>53920056
>Stopped
>The Blood Crusade carried on to the next world to the next until Khorne himself said stop and go into the Rift
>>
>>53919960
>They're not stranded with the bugfags and the greenfags, the bugfags and greenfags are stranded with them.
>Ghazzy be like: "Another bunch of gits for the boyz to krump? Sounds good to me!"
>Swarmy be thinking: "Oh fuck, another army for me to lose against."
>>
>>53919960
Not for long. I mean, sure the world eaters can just respawn when they die,b ut the gors and cults are food
Also, this thread has made me understand why so many people hate chaos fans in 40k
>>
>>53920072
>>met their match
>>this isn't being stopped

Of course it's not being stopped.
If a serial killer fails to kill a victim but is not killed or detained himself he has not been stopped.
>>
>>53920076
>Utterly obliterate everyone 998 times.
>Two times some dudes survive your coming
>incompetent

Ghaz literally has ZERO victories over the marines and a has single victory over the Imperium. That's incompetent.
>>
>>53920084
Nope. Slaanesh embodies pleasure and is Khorne's opposite.
>>
>>53920096
Pretty sure Swarmy'd be more 'Uggh, let's get this over with already.' at this point.
>>
>>53920076
>Who embodies laughing your ass off at Khornates being incompetent?
...Gork n' Mork?

(Although that's just a side bonus of being the other designated war gods of the Warp and 'frenemies' with Khorne more than anything else).
>>
>>53920119
As opposed to the people who are literally immortal and can respawn forever when they die still losing?
>>
>>53920125
No, slaanesh embodies ALL excess and emotion, which is why all the other gods hate him so much, since ANYTHING that feeds them ALSO feeds Slaanesh a teeny tiny bit
>>
>>53920143
Immortal characters in the fluff get to lose a lot in the lore just because they can be brought back. That's their narrative curse.

What's Ghaz's excuse for having one of the worst track records for a mortal character?
>>
File: Bloodcrusade.png (1MB, 686x928px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodcrusade.png
1MB, 686x928px
>>53920046
>They could have had the Tyranids and Orks at the robes
>[Citation needed]

Blood crusade managed to delete: Tomb worlds, Forge worlds and Hive fleets, destroying whole populations enroute.
In most instances in just a few hours.

Meanwhile a bunch of orks and nids doing their best tremors reinactment for 100 years grinds this WAAC list of named khorne characters to a freaking STANDSTILL
that alone should tell you that no, they cannot simply whipe the floor with Octarius if they had more time, they took down worlds with much better defenses that this barren shithole covered in two factions already busy ripping each others throats out.
You
LOST

and here is the very reason that you would NEVER be able take Octarius: It serves a very important purpose in 8th edition, it keeps both the orks and the tyranids, two galactic scale threats, from stealing chaoses thunder as the big bads.
The entire war is literally a giant distraction from being relevant in the plot.
>>
>>53920086
>thousands of battles in the blood crusade
>vast majority of those didn't have the WAAC list
>only 2 times the crusade met their match
>once was with the WAAC list
Surviving the blood crusade meant it left before it could slaughter your whole populations. Only 2 times did it meet its match. Orks and Nids didn't just survive the blood crusade, they fought it ton standstill. Only one other force has ever done that and it was probably Guilliman himself
>>
>>53920172
You're missing the point. Chaos can respawn over and over and over and over and over and over and over forever, eternally beating their heads against an enemy until they either crack or die of old age. How is there ANY excuse that they've EVER failed ANYTHING when they have that stupid of an advantage? they literally have infinite retries
>>
>>53920167
>No, slaanesh embodies ALL excess and emotion,

Nope. Each Chaos God embodies a set range of emotions. Slaanesh is dangerous because the other Gods can feel pleasure too.
>>
>>53920191
>hat alone should tell you that no, they cannot simply whipe the floor with Octarius if they had more time

That's not the point he was making retard. He said that no matter how well the Blood Crusade was faring it would have to leave at a certain point. If there was one Ork left and he was about to get his head cut off they would still have to go if the storm was moving on.
>>
>>53920191
GODDAMNIT THIS IS IS LIKE STRIKE THREE WITH YOU. Reading Comprehension fail at this level is unbelievable. Read THIS WELL.

THE POINT IS THE DAE-MONS WOULD HAVE *LEFT* REGARDLESS OF THE CONDITIONS OF THE BATTLE. IF THEY WERE WINNING, LOSING, OR STALEMATING. IT DOES NOT MATTER. IF THE WARP STORM STARTED TO MOVE AWAY, THEN THE DAEMONS WOULD JUMP OFF THE WORLD AND LEAVE.

Nobody lost or won. Daemons came unleashed carnage until time ran out and then left.
>>
>>53920200
And the fact that his schtick is excess and the other chaos gods have literally no self control. Any act that feeds khorne, nurgle, or tzeench also feeds slaanesh just that tiny bit, and that's why they all hate him, out of fear that one day he'll surpass them due to the fact that he's been mooching off the others forever
>>
>>53920119
Ghaz's victory at this point is a pretty big one, because he now has a permanent power base on one of their worlds.
>>
>>53920198
>How is there ANY excuse that they've EVER failed ANYTHING

They have infinite time and retries so they don't have to play seriously.
>>
>>53920244
From what we know it doesn't even sound like they even got to the "Causing carnage" state
It's more of a "Unleashing minor inconvenience"
>>
>>53920198
Pylons and the laws of the Warp.

Pylons kept Ky-OS out for the longest time, and defeated daemons get struck in the Warp for 1000 years and one day. More so if banished.
>>
>>53920240
>>53920244
>they would have left regardless

they where ground to a standstill faggots, learn reading comprehension, if it was like you chaosfags like to imagine the text would have been: But before they could finish slaughtering the greenskins and nids they had to leave.
But no that isn't the wording, it very clearly says you got fucked and then left.
>>
>>53920191
Different guy, I haven't been keeping up on the fluff. So that world where they orks and the tyranids have been at it forever got invaded by Khorne?
>>
>>53920244
Or the Daemons just got stuck in a pile of gaunts and boyz.
Minor uptick in carnage for Octaria. For Chaos it was a grand battle against multiple foes.
For the Orks and Tyranids, it was Tuesday.
>>
>>53920261
>They have infinite time
Not if the necrons build more pylons and Emperor gets his shit together.
>>
>>53920261
You do realize that's probably the stupidest answer you could come up with for that right? I have infinite tries to do the thing so I don't really need to try? That would work were it not for the fact that the chaos powers seem to feel a sense of anger or impatience at how long things are taking, which, if what you're saying is true, just means they're all retarded
>>
>>53920274
The number of demons is still functionally infinite
>>
>>53920119
>Ghaz literally has ZERO victories over the marines
Technically speaking the 3rd war for Armageddon was ongoing before Khorne decided to be rude and butt his way into the war, but that's just minor details.

>>53920200
>Slaanesh is dangerous because the other Gods can feel pleasure too.
Question: Has Slaanesh ever encountered the two biggest non-Chaos gods of the Warp, Gork n' Mork?
I mean, old fluff basically states outright that the two Ork gods can tank anything the Chaos Gods throw at them (and there hasn't been anything to explicitly retcon that so far).
I can't imagine it would end well for Slaanesh, simply because the Eldar are the reasons she even exists, and Gork n' Mork hate 'dem pointy-eared panzee gits!'
>>
>>53920067
>>53920030
Which are still pretty boring compared to the endless pursuit of perfection and sensory excess, change, magic, power, death, decay, entropy, etc.

While all the chaos gods seem designed to appeal to 13 year olds, Khorne has it worst by far.
>>
>>53920284
it is literally the OP
>>
>>53920276
This guy is just full of fail in Englishm isn't he?

>>53920286
Whatever it was, the Khornate daemons did their thing in their given time and went to the next world on the Warpstorm schedule.
>>
>>53920276
>they where ground to a standstill

No one denies that you retard, but they left because of the storm leaving not because of anything the Nids or Orks did.
>>
>>53920318
Unknown. It only states that slaanesh can mooch off of the stuff that feeds the rest of the gods directly, and the actions of orks only feed gork and mork directly (Even though khorne mooches off of them like a bitch)
>>
>>53920286
>Orks and Nids unite against a foe as powerful as both of them combined every Tuesday

I don't think so.
>>
>>53918439
Yarrick is Gork/Mork, Ghazkull is Mork/Gork.
The Orks have been awaiting their gods...
>>
File: 1497811381553.png (354KB, 1800x1066px) Image search: [Google]
1497811381553.png
354KB, 1800x1066px
>>53920106
What's interesting is how much of a minority it is compared to the amount of people that hate tyranid babbys.
>>
>>53920318
>Technically speaking the 3rd war for Armageddon was ongoing before Khorne decided to be rude and butt his way into the war, but that's just minor details.

Ghaz left Armageddon and his recent input in it is just mind-suggestions to his sub-commanders from time to time.

Even before Tzeentch and Khorne came, the whole war was ongoing with no clear victor.

>>53920316
Doesn't matter if they the daemons cannot cross into reality.
>>
>>53920198
>How is there ANY excuse that they've EVER failed ANYTHING when they have that stupid of an advantage? they literally have infinite retries

Respawn timers. Its not like the other races cant replenish in that time.
>>
>>53920367
>t. butthurt chaosfag
>>
>>53920306
>I have infinite tries to do the thing so I don't really need to try?

Yes. You'll inevitably win so you can afford to faff about.

>That would work were it not for the fact that the chaos powers seem to feel a sense of anger or impatience at how long things are taking

Actually their plans are going fine. Their only source of worry are their fellow powers of Chaos.
>>
>>53920284
Got invaded by Khorne for a bit, the Khornate host tried attacking the nids and Orks at once, ended up biting off more than they could chew.

>>53920329
>This guy is just full of fail in Englishm isn't he?
No, I'm pretty sure that's you anon. You're the one claiming that the daemons running out of time and leaving Kharn and the World Eaters alone on Octarius is somehow not a loss.

>>53920362
>still pushing the "Orks and Nids united" lie
God your damage control attempts are just sad at this point.
>>
File: 1495409545757.jpg (10KB, 245x236px) Image search: [Google]
1495409545757.jpg
10KB, 245x236px
>>53920337
>trying this hard to downplay the fact that blood crusade only managed to stomp unnamed worlds and was ground to a standstill fighting freaking orks and nids, despite bringing their A game.
>>
>>53920328
Yeah, but I just hopped into this shitstorm for the hell of it.
>>
>>53920397
So in conclusion, the powers of chaos are fucking idiots. Just like their retarded fanboys grasping at straws ITT.
>>
>>53920414
>>still pushing the "Orks and Nids united" lie
>God your damage control attempts are just sad at this point.

It's not a lie. It's what the fluff says.
>>
File: 1497206623221.jpg (62KB, 718x503px) Image search: [Google]
1497206623221.jpg
62KB, 718x503px
>>53920425
>Yeah, but I just hopped into this shitstorm for the hell of it.
I like you.
>>
File: smug.png (107KB, 599x527px) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
107KB, 599x527px
>>53920397
>Chaosfags unironically think its a compelling narrative that they cant lose.
>literally so insecure that they have to downplay anytime they lose.
I bet you think Failbaddon has a great track record too.
>>
>>53920414
>>53920418
>No, I'm pretty sure that's you anon.

No, that would be you. For multiple posts you missed the point and shot off course like a total retard.

The claim was that the daemons were going to leave REGARDLESS of what happened on the battlefield. The Tyranids and Orks had no input in making the daemons leave. Zero, nada. The Tyranids and Orks did not beat the Blood Crusade.
>>
File: 1497252935445.png (123KB, 751x615px) Image search: [Google]
1497252935445.png
123KB, 751x615px
>>53920393
Lol nope not even.

>t. Guard, ork, necron player
>>
>>53920454
Watch as later fluff reveals that the mass of WAAAGH! energy and the shadow in the warp totally did force the storm to leave
>>
>>53920430
>So in conclusion, the powers of chaos are fucking idiots.

No, it's more like they're obscenely wealthy and can afford to burn money. Chaos has more resources than every other faction combined.
>>53920453
>>Chaosfags unironically think its a compelling narrative that they cant lose.

It is. Chaos is about human nature and how ultimately man will destroy himself by being unable to master himself. Far more compelling than retard aliens slapping their meat.
>>
>>53920453
According to the fluff indeed he has. I mean WAAAAAY better than Ghaz. At least Abaddon has wiped out three confirmed chapters while Ghaz never won a single battle against marines and his only victory against the Imperium was against Astra Militarum.

Of all the villains, Ghaz ranks the lowest in achievements.
>>
>>53920445
Thanks man, shitstorms are fun.
>>
>>53920438
>combined forces
>unite
READING COMPREHENSION
in no place does it mention that the orks and nids actually stopped fighting eachother during this.
In fact if we're sticking to the narrative of it only lasting a few hours like you keep pushing to save face (despite that being a neither confirmed or denied matter), it would actually be impossible for the orks and nids to stop fighting each other, in the grand scheme of things the blood crusade was barely a blip in the perpetual 100 long war on a PLANET.
>>
>>53920367
It's more like the Imperium and Chaos are trying to have a party, and the xenos refuse to stop crashing it, and complain about this while ignoring the fact they're actually crashing the Eldar's party.
>>
>>53920521
>READING COMPREHENSION

It's cute when you use it when you so failed at it.
>>
>>53920486
>It is.
and this is why everyone hates chaosfags
>>
>>53920521
>READING COMPREHENSION

I can read fine. Combine means to unite.

>in no place does it mention that the orks and nids actually stopped fighting eachother during this.

They did by combining their might.
>>
>>53920438
>It's not a lie. It's what the fluff says.
So you admit that you fail at reading comprehension then?
>>53919949 is pretty much how the 'combined might' of the nids and Orks brings the Blood Crusade to a standstill, not because they "united" against a common enemy or such stupidity like that.

>>53920496
>Abaddon
>giving Ghaz shit for only winning against the IG (and ignoring that's he's also won against the Tau and the Nids)
I'm sorry, WHO took 13 tries to get past Cadia again? 'cause it wasn't Ghazzy.
>>
>>53920538
>look mom I know how to deflect from an argument! This way I dont have to relate to the actual written text we're all discussing.
>>
>>53920521
This entire thread has basically just been a few chaos fanboys shifting goalposts every time whatever narrative they're pushing to say that they won (or at least didn't lose) is successfully debunked.
It's kinda entertaining, especially this idiot >>53920486 who's trying to make his whole faction of space edgelords sound sophisticated
>>
>>53920554
>I'm sorry, WHO took 13 tries to get past Cadia again? 'cause it wasn't Ghazzy.

Every single Black Crusade went past Cadia.
>>
File: Black Crusdes Brb.png (2MB, 1819x905px) Image search: [Google]
Black Crusdes Brb.png
2MB, 1819x905px
>>53920559
Different anon from the one in that post chain, dumbass.
>>53920569
EVER SINGLE ONE.
>>
>>53920486
I'd say the fall from glory of the Eldar and the Necrons is plenty compelling, the Nids are compelling in a cosmic terror way, implying that there are greater things beyond the galaxy, and even the orks can be kinda compelling in that they're just fun, Tau are compelling in that if they were in any other setting they'd be the bad guys as a bunch of imperialistic warmongers but instead they're the plucky up and comers of this setting.

And ultimately they're all just stories of the failings of men (except the nids) since they're all basically just humans, since they were written by humans.
>>
>>53920542
I'll be honest, the closest I've come to being a Chaosfag is having the Death Guard models from the starter set.
Chaos is just a much better and more interesting enemy than xenos.

>>53920562
It's not that they're sophisticated, the concep is actually very simple. It's just much more powerful and resonant than dumb bugs or dumb hooligans.
>>
>>53920554
>So you admit that you fail at reading comprehension then?

Nope. I just know what combined means.
>>
>>53920590
Eh, I don't know, it would honestly depend more on who you asked, other than the fact that it's not immediately apparent that chaos is supposed to represent man's own inherent flaws, whereas it's really fucking easy to see that tyranids are akin to a plague of locusts and orks are just the marauding barbarian hordes transplanted into space
>>
>>53920587
>the Nids are compelling in a cosmic terror way

No they're not. They're just dumb animals who exist only to eat and reproduce. Nothing cosmic about them.
>>
>>53920601
>I just know what combined means.
And clearly don't understand what the idea of 'context' is either.
Seriously, you fail at reading comprehension.
>>
>>53920601
Combined doesn't mean united. They weren't allied, they were just both there at the same time and both armies weren't particularly fond of the Daemons and told them to fuck off independently of one another
>>
>>53920554
Note how he hasn't responded to that post or your post?
It breaks one of the pillars of his argument and thus he can't ever acknowledge it. Because Chaos HAS to be bestest #1 forever to him.
Chaos never loses, because if it wins it wins, if it loses it doesn't count cause they can just come back, and if it runs away that's just a stalemate so that also doesn't count as losing. Chaos is totes the best times infinity. Hurrdurr NPC races durr.
>>
>>53920628
>it's not immediately apparent that chaos is supposed to represent man's own inherent flaws

Maybe that's just a meta narrative layer.
The reader cannot recognize Chaos for what it truly is without first recognizing the flaws inherit to man's soul. Deep.
>>
>>53918738
Ka'bandha more or less served the typical Wolverine or Vegeta role. Momentarily kicking some ass only to make whoever effortlessly humiliates him look better.
>>
File: sl06_preview.jpg (53KB, 590x250px) Image search: [Google]
sl06_preview.jpg
53KB, 590x250px
>>53920630
Aliens > Event horizon
>>
>>53920630
They're something from beyond the bounds of known space that are strongly implied to have revealed only a fragment of themselves to date. Their motives are simple, yet fundamentally alien to humans. Even animals have many of the same basic impulses as humans, and generally live as a component of their environment, but nids do not. They are something completely alien to all environments of the galaxy that leave nothing behind them.
>>
>>53920644
>>53920647
Combined means united.
Context does not provide a situation where unification would be impossible.
>>
>>53920496
Pretty sure that's Swarmlord, whose only notable achievements are 'taking credit for what previously unnamed hive tyrants did'
>>
>>53920648
You know, I remember when people would use that exact same line of thought when joking about the orks cause that was their philosophy when it comes to victory in battle.
Apparently no one told chaos players that it was a joke, though judging from experience, I'm not sure if they can even comprehend the idea of a joke.
Maybe if 40k had more beastmen it'd help
>>
>>53920656
It assumes those are flaws.

Pure life-denial.
>>
>>53920677
>Their motives are simple, yet fundamentally alien to humans.

Nope. Cosmic horror implies unknowability.
Nids are just animal tier. All animals will use up their environment if they are able.
>>
>>53920679
>Context does not provide a situation where unification would be impossible.
You mean besides the fact that nids can only ally with Genestealer cults in both the fluff and the damn tabletop?
You mean THAT context?
>>
>>53920656
It really doesn't work when it takes a fundamentally puerile view of human psychology and attempts to draw great flaws from them. Only someone with no actual regard for the human condition could find chaos compelling.
>>
>>53920656
Or you're digging too far into something that's not intended to be read at anything more than face value. I wonder which is more likely.
>>53920666
He's Worfing then?
>>53920679
Well, I can think of one, what if the two unified powers were the two literal worst things at diplomacy and the act of not fighting everything in the known universe?
>>
>>53920707
Not particularly. The motives of the Mi-Go aren't unknowable.
>>
>>53920692
That's the joke, yeah.
>>
>>53920708
Yup, Nids are adaptable after all.
I'm sure they'd side with Orks rather than be wiped out.
>>
>>53920707
They're the biblical plague of locusts, but in space
>>
>>53920679
>Context does not provide a situation
Saying you unite with the tyranids is like saying you united with a freaking avalanch, they're a natural disaster not a force you can reason or debate with.
>>
>>53920685
dont forget how they rewrote battle for macragge so swarmy didn't look as good beating papa smurf, just to take the modicum of an achievement he might have had.
>>
>>53920707
>Nids are just animal tier.
Nids have more in common with lovecraftian horrors than your big red demon man.
Seriously Khorne could be in d&d that how uncosmic he is.
>>
>>53920739
>Yup, Nids are adaptable after all.
>I'm sure they'd side with Orks rather than be wiped out
Okay, now I KNOW you're just trolling people.
There's no possible way anyone could be this delusional.
Well... maybe carnac...

>>53920767
>rewrote battle for macragge so swarmy didn't look as good beating papa smurf
Wait, you're telling me Swarmy didn't rip off all of Papa Smurfs limbs in the new fluff?
>>
>>53920712
>It really doesn't work when it takes a fundamentally puerile view of human psychology and attempts to draw great flaws from them.

It draws flaws pure and simple.

>>53920722
>Or you're digging too far into something that's not intended to be read at anything more than face value. I wonder which is more likely.

Chaos is pretty transparent about what it is.
>>
>>53920739
Jesus christ. Take a moment and step back and look at what you are saying objectively. You have progressed to the point of saying that a race of creatures literally incapable of diplomacy outside of one extremely specific case just suddenly did a complete 180 and ALLIED with the single most beligerent living thing in the galaxy, who, let's not forget, is a member of a race that is literally a bioweapon and exists solely to fight.
And this happened, according to you, over an entire planet, in less than a few hours, cause nu-uh they didn't lose they just left the planet after less than a day because lolchaoscan'tlose
>>
>>53920782
Not that guy, but while "side with" would be too strong a word, they might direct their strategic and tactical efforts towards a new enemy if they saw it as a greater threat. The hive mind means they're not stupid.
>>
>>53920782
>Wait, you're telling me Swarmy didn't rip off all of Papa Smurfs limbs in the new fluff?
I'm saying that instead of just fucking him up by himself and using tactics to break the ultramarines, he just used zerg rush and drowned Calgar in hive guard while he "fought like a hero" seriously it was rewritten to make Calgar seem more heroic, in the nids own codex.
>>
>>53920707
Oh right, you're also the fuck that asked why people like bugs then kept telling people that their own answers were wrong because obviously they can't actually like bugs.
But Chaos obviously has to be the best forever why doesn't everyone LOVE CHAOS? CHAOS FOREVER. CHAOS DOES EVERYTHING BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE CHAOS IS GONNA WEEN SO YOU SHOULD LOVE CHAOS
NPC RACE NPC RACE NPC RACE NPC RACE
>>
>>53920742
Yes they're a plague of locusts. They're a bunch of dumb animals. That's my point. Not interesting.
>>
>>53920787
>It draws flaws pure and simple.

It asserts a fundamentally idiotic understanding of human psychology.

For that matter, anyone that considers anything in 40k especially compelling is utterly tasteless and needs to read more widely.
>>
>>53920781
You're acting like all four of the chaos gods aren't literally from a fantasy setting
>>53920787
It is, but what that is is not what you think it is
>>
>>53920814
As opposed to a bunch of idiots that can die infinity times, and have infinity soldiers that are infinity times better than everyone else's combined and can't lose cause none of them can ever be killed forever for any reason, but despite all that they STILL can't fucking win?
>>
Wasn't Khorne the one saved BA's ass too?
>>
>>53920814
>They're a bunch of dumb animals.
>you know if we ignore all the times in the fluff where they used tactics to outwit their enemies, used cunning to adapt their bioforms and the fact that they are still in universe the faction that is the absolute worst thing that can show up at a planet.
Even getting stuck in a warp storm is better than getting nidded, there is no recovery after getting nidded. NOTHING not even filthy chaos mutants can live there anymore.
>>
>>53920745
>Saying you unite with the tyranids is like saying you united with a freaking avalanch

Nope. Nids have sentience.

>>53920802
>a race of creatures literally incapable of diplomacy

But they're not, they have intelligence, yes? If they can think they can unite with the Orks.

>>53920812
>Oh right, you're also the fuck that asked why people like bugs

I don't think I did that. I'm pretty sure I just said Chaos was more interesting and that Bugs were dumb.

>>53920829
>It asserts a fundamentally idiotic understanding of human psychology.

How so?

>>53920781
I don't care about Lovecraft, he's a hack writer to my mind. I don't care about how cosmic things are either, it's not a mark of quality. Nids just aren't cosmic. Chaos is cosmic only in the hippy psychedelic sense.
>>
>>53920809
>he just used zerg rush and drowned Calgar in hive guard while he "fought like a hero" seriously it was rewritten to make Calgar seem more heroic, in the nids own codex.
Ah, so the era of Robin "how can I fuck up the Tyranids this time?" Cruddace then?
>>
>>53920857
Sounds like one of those is wrong.
Probably the 'better than anyone else's' part because going Chaos fucking sucks and is the loser's gamble.
>>
>>53920814
So you don't find the implication that there are things beyond the galaxy that may represent greater threats than anything else known in the setting even slightly interesting?

You're trying your very hardest to be utterly tasteless, aren't you chaosfag?
>>
>>53920902
the hilarious thing is Cruddace wrote both books
>>
>>53920486
>It is. Chaos is about human nature and how ultimately man will destroy himself by being unable to master himself.

>"if you think angry thoughts an angry-murder daemon will burst into existence because space magic."

Real deep shit here.
>>
>>53920894
I think ork spores might be able to take root if given enough time. The chaos not being able to live there is more due to the fact that chaos consists SOLELY of parasites that need to piggyback off of other living things to survive
>>
Still waiting on my Yarrick/Ghazzy begrudging buddy cop adventure vs Chaos, GW
>>
>>53920901
>Nids have sentience
>>53920707
>Nids are just animal tier
0/10 at least stick to one story you fuck
>>
>>53920907
I'm using their line of thought, I know that that part is wrong
>>
File: ae2.png (23KB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
ae2.png
23KB, 500x294px
>>53920901
>I don't care about Lovecraft
then you have no authority to debate what is and isnt cosmic horror
>>
>>53920901
>How so?

Mainly that all of these desires are fundamentally interconnected and can't be isolated in the fashion that you see with Chaos. A chaos champion isn't a flawed human, he's simply not human, at least psychologically speaking. They're like the Greek heroes who become something both more and less than man, without the complicated motives or compelling tragedies.
>>
>>53920925
>I think ork spores might be able to take root if given enough time.
Orks might be hardy, but they cant grow on atmosphere less rocks.
>>
>>53920915
>So you don't find the implication that there are things beyond the galaxy that may represent greater threats than anything else known in the setting even slightly interesting?

No, it's just more dumb bugs.
See one horde of dumb bugs see them all.

>>53920930
There is only one story. Nids have the potential to be more interesting because they are smart. However they are only dumb bugs who are only interested in consuming and reproducing.

They're supposed to be smart, but they don't do anything with it other than be dumb animals.

>>53920940
Sure, Lovecraft fans always tell me it's about unknowability though. What defines cosmic horror if not that?

>>53920944
But Chaos is interconnected. ANd Chaos Champions and even the Gods can still feel beyond their emotional alignment.
>>
File: OFF.jpg (13KB, 188x268px) Image search: [Google]
OFF.jpg
13KB, 188x268px
>>53920901
>I don't care about Lovecraft
LITERAL
FUCKING
DEFINITION
OF
COSMIC HORROR
YOU INSUFFERABLE TWAT
>>
>>53920901
Tyranids are not capable of diplomacy outside of genestealer cults. The moment the first spore falls from the sky the time of diplomacy and schemeing is over and the genestealers rise up in arms and join the rest of the swarm. Octarius is firmly past the point of genestealer uprisings given that the goddamn swarmlord is there. Not to mention that even if nids COULD do diplomacy, which they can't cause they just want to fucking eat everything, you have the issue of the other party being Ghazkull. The ork who travelled across the galaxy from what was already a REALLY good scrap solely to kill tyranids on octarius. The likelhood of the two engaging in diplomacy is less than that of khorne deciding that blood and skulls are icky and telling all his followers to never spill blood or take skulls again.
>>
>>53921007
This chaosfag is truly the most tedious and obnoxious poster on /tg/ right now. I vote we ignore him hence forth.
>>
>>53920995
>Lovecraft fans always tell me it's about unknowability though.
then you're talking to the wrong fans, because a quick google would prove you wrong.
>>
>>53920955
... I actually think they might. Ork physiology is wildly inconsistent.
>>
>>53921012
>Tyranids are not capable of diplomacy outside of genestealer cults.
I wouldn't even call that diplomacy, that is literally just a "we eat you last" arrangement akin to how they eat their own biomorphs last.
>>
>>53920889
He was part of it
Handled everything on the moon, basically
>>
>>53921025
narw they do need atmosphere, source: some of their space ships are literally just asteroids bolted together with scrap metal (Rok). The fun part is that because they dont know how to build anything airtight, they basically have a hull breach anytime the shields go down.
>>
>>53921041
I was actually more referring to how the cults themselves often act like members of their host race in an attempt to propagate themselves and avoid detection.
It's like how a terrorist will pretend to be a normal person and make friends until the day comes where they have to run a truck into a crowd of people or something
>>
>>53920995
>But Chaos is interconnected. ANd Chaos Champions and even the Gods can still feel beyond their emotional alignment.

Their other drives are dulled to the point of being inconsequential.
>>
>>53920889
he deleted the fleet sending troops down to Baal and killed all the bugs on one of the moons so he could write a massive tsundere love letter in nid skulls.

Then ultra smurfs showed up and cleaned the planet up now that there wasn't a hive fleet disgorging endless amounts of nids onto the surface.
>>
What do genestealer cults gain out of it anyway? Are they all just bonkers? Do they want to be eaten?
>>
>>53920926
>Still waiting on my Yarrick/Ghazzy begrudging buddy cop adventure vs Chaos, GW
>Tzeentch cackling as his forces storm all over Armageddon, even battering down Khorne's Blood Crusade: "Just as planned!"
>Suddenly Yarrick
>Tzeentch: "Oh fuck, not you again."
>Suddenly Ghazzy pops up via galactic tellyporta
Tzeentch: "WHAT THE FUCK?! HOW DID YOU GET BACK HERE?!"
>Yarrick and Ghazzy proceed to lead a IG/Ork slaughter of every Tzeentchian daemon on the planet.
>Tzeentch curled up in a ball crying "Not as planned! Not as planned!" while Emps and Gork n' Mork are exchanging high-fives in the Warp
Truly this is the best possibility.
>>
>>53921012
>Tyranids are not capable of diplomacy outside of genestealer cults.

They have intelligence and so they are.
Unless the Hivemind cannot control it's warriors it can think and act rationally.

>>53921007
So what? If Tyranids are cosmic horror than I'm afraid to say that cosmic horror is just bad, for in truth nothing seems more earthly than Tyranids.

>>53921021
Your bloated sense of indignation won't allow you to ignore me.

>>53921023
I googled it and it says
>Lovecraftian horror is a subgenre of horror fiction that emphasizes the cosmic horror of the unknown (and in some cases, unknowable)

SO it seems it is about the unknown. Tyranids are very known and not cosmic horror.

>>53921070
Only as they progress further down the path, becoming consumed by their emotion.

>>53921080
They think they'll be uplifted but realise at the end that they're just fucked.
>>
>>53921073
>tfw you realize the ultra smurfs probably ruined that tsundere love letter by stomping around on the moon before BA got a chance to look at it
Truly, ultra smurfs are the biggest cock-blocking tossers in the 40k universe.
>>
>>53920995
That is because you look at individual cells and think they are separate creatures.
You look at a finger and see a fleet.
The Tyranids are poking the galaxy to see what's in it, and taking what it finds as its own when it can. Sometimes it gets cut and bleeds, but that happens. Sometimes it manages to lose a finger, but it has so many, many fingers that two or three isn't that big of a deal.
The Tyranid has not come yet. It is still outside, looking in, trying to find the best way to go about things to not lose its fingers. It does not see people or species. It sees hurtful marbles that it wants for its own - and when the time comes, it will stop poking, and start grabbing with a full hand rather than single fingers.
>>
File: Swarmbaus.jpg (178KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
Swarmbaus.jpg
178KB, 1024x1365px
>>53920926
wait a minute
guys
guys listen
Yarrick got amazing ork powers because the orks believe in him.
Meanwhile orks have been stuck in a 100 year meatgrinder against the swarmlord.
what if
what if swarmlord can finally get shit done because the orks start believing in the big bug?
>>
>>53921080
They exist to summon the hive fleet and also as the first vanguard of the assault against the planet, but the cultists ALSO don't want to get eaten, so they flee with the rest of the civilians, which serves as a way to propagate the infection
>>
>>53921099
>I googled it and it says
try again https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmicism
also cut the crap about tyranids being known, it is literally an unknown how big the swarm is, they've eaten freaking galaxies on their way here.
>>
>>53921099
>So what? If Tyranids are cosmic horror than I'm afraid to say that cosmic horror is just bad, for in truth nothing seems more earthly than Tyranids.

>Chaos Gods act like literal spoiled children
>Immediately start squabbling the moment it looks like there's anything to fight over
>Khorne smashes eight Bloodthirsters like an angry brat for failing to win an obviously unwinnable battle
>"Nothing more earthy"
>>
>>53921099
>Your bloated sense of indignation won't allow you to ignore me.

More like love of shitstorms. This shit is great, even if you are totally tasteless.

>Only as they progress further down the path, becoming consumed by their emotion.

Hence that whole "Greek heroes without what made them good." Which is fine, this is an intentionally over the top wargame setting.

>Tyranids are very known and not cosmic horror.

The fact the true extent of their threat is unknown and isn't even in the system yet means they're a cosmic horror. The point of the tyranids is the implication that there's something greater still to come.
>>
>>53921099
Lissen here you dumb nigger. Tyranids are not fucking capable of diplomacy. You're basically saying that just because some locusts in a swarm are slightly brighter than the rest, you can convince them not to eat all your crops.
Tyranid intellegence does NOT extend beyond "Basic animal behavior" and when synapse beasts are around "How to kill and eat shit good"
>>
>>53921124
>what if swarmlord can finally get shit done because the orks start believing in the big bug?
>Gork n' Mork are deliberately using their boyz to givethe Hive Mind's champion a handicap so they can keep this never-ending carnage going on for as long as they want.
Can we all just stop for a moment and consider how happy Swarmy (if he can even feel emotions) must be that his forces were able to handle both Chaos AND Orks at once? Especially after dying on Octarius because of one faction getting FIRED UP! by their laud an' savior, da great green prophet o' da Waaagh?
>>
>>53921163
>Tyranid intellegence does NOT extend beyond "Basic animal behavior" and when synapse beasts are around "How to kill and eat shit good"
Actually its kind of the opposite, tyranids operate on such a macro scale that communication on such a small scale as a planet is completely inconsequential.
This is an entity that devours GALAXIES, its only goal is to optimize that process, anyone before the swarm is less than ants before a human.
>>
>>53921201
>Especially after dying on Octarius because of one faction getting FIRED UP!
It was never stated that he died during the initial krumping and story wise it doesn't really make sense either, Swarmlord is a stress response to shit getting real and him dying is an indicator to go elsewhere.
>>
>>53921121
>That is because you look at individual cells and think they are separate creatures.

No, I'm well aware of the hivemind. All the Tyranids do is eat and make more Tyranids.
Tyranids are no more unknowable, no more interesting than my pet rabbit.

>>53921137
>also cut the crap about tyranids being known

They're only unknown in the most blasé way. We know their goal and how they work. I don't know how many hairs are on my head but hair is not unknown to me.

>>53921145
Squabbling children are less earthly in my mind than base animals.

>>53921156
>The fact the true extent of their threat is unknown and isn't even in the system yet means they're a cosmic horror.

Is the number of freckles on my ass also cosmic horror then?

>>53921163
>Lissen here you dumb nigger. Tyranids are not fucking capable of diplomacy.

They are, as the Hivemind is intelligent and exerts complete dominion on it's bioforms.
>>
>>53921204
It's honestly a bit of both, where the swarm as a whole is too big to give a shit about individual planets, and the varous tyranid lifeforms themselves only have the basest of intellect to let them better serve the whole
>>
>>53921220
>Is the number of freckles on my ass also cosmic horror then?

Unless your ass is a potential threat to human life that we may be powerless to avoid, no.
>>
>>53921220
>"Squabbling children are less earthly in my mind than base animals."
>Petty brats are more interesting and threatening than an unrelenting predator striking from the endless black abyss in numbers to dwarf the stars themselves
>This is what Chaosfags actually believe
>>
>>53921220
>We know their goal and how they work.
You know what they're currently doing and everyone just assumes they're space locusts. There has never been a case of the tyranids screaming "We're here to eat everything!" unlike pretty much every other faction that has a pretty clear battlecry about their stated goals.
The sheer fact that communication with them is impossible and they have no stated goals, only actions makes them less known than the chaos gods. Because we very definitely do know what they want and their goals.
>>
>>53921228
tyranids bioforms are akin to blood cells in a larger organism.
>>
>>53921267
Wouldn't that mean that HIS particular ass IS cosmic horror then?
>>53921275
40k Chaos really needs a beastmen or skaven like faction to just job at every opportunity forever. Like, it's the only reason I can think of that could cause 40K chaosfags so insufferabel as opposed to fantasy chaosfags
>>
>>53921220
>Is the number of freckles on my ass also cosmic horror then?
Well you do have an extremely repulsive ass, so...
>>
>>53921302
I never said anything that disagrees with that so okay?
>>
>>53921267
The number of freckles is unknown.
One or more could be a melanoma.
They are cosmic horror by the same logic as Tyranids.

>>53921275
Yes, animals seeking only to consume and reproduce are more primitive than social animals interacting.

>>53921285
>You know what they're currently doing and everyone just assumes they're space locusts.

Well they are. We're told they just eat galaxies.
They're dumb bugs.
>>
>>53921335
>The number of freckles is unknown.
>One or more could be a melanoma.
>They are cosmic horror by the same logic as Tyranids.

You're an insufferable faggot, you know that?
>>
>>53921220
I wasn't talking about unknowableness.
The entirety of the Tyranids, as a whole, are a single entity that is thinking on a galactic scale. They have no desire to communicate to human-size entities because as far as the Tyranids are concerned, human-sized entities are not intelligent lifeforms. It may consider the Imperium - as a whole - an unintelligent lifeform, even, one it is in the process of consuming because things need to eat, that's just a fact of life. Yes, the Tyranids are intelligent, but it's on a scale that people aren't familiar with, and thus the single-cell equivalents come off as being dumb - much like how, despite humans being intelligent, trying to hold a conversation with some blood cells isn't very fruitful.
Hell, maybe it's even trying to find another galactic intelligence to communicate with.
>>
>>53917811
>Chaos is losing for once
>when literally everything in warhammer since fantasy 8th ed is them being unstoppable and everyone else losing miserably

Why do Chaos fans complain? I mean heaven forbid your factionfu doesn't always stomp on everyone else.
>>
>>53921220
>They are, as the Hivemind is intelligent and exerts complete dominion on it's bioforms.
I guess that's why in all recorded history this has never happened and for the best part since allies where introduced, Nids where left without a vital game mechanic to play around with.
>>
>>53921341
Well his army just jobbed to the NPC race and orks, of course he's going to be buttmad
>>
>>53921354
But Chaos jobbed to the Tyranids and Orks, not to itself.
>>
>>53921347
Actually, chaos is on the defensive and losing ground in AoS to... pretty much everyone to be honest.
>>
>>53921360
Nids are still sadly the NPC race
Chaos is the punching bag
>>
>>53921335
>We're told they just eat galaxies.
everything you're told about nids is from the humans or xenos perspective, you never get to see it from the nids side, you literally do not have an argument dumb chaos poster.
Go read what Cosmicism actually is you uncultured swine.
>>
>>53921341
How so? I'm just not satisfied that Tyranids are cosmic horror. Or if they are cosmic horror that cosmic horror is worth a damn.

>>53921343
>I wasn't talking about unknowableness.

Okay, but Tyranids are still just dumb bugs and completely known to us.

>>53921352
As I said, they're adaptable.
>>
>>53921383
>everything you're told about nids is from the humans or xenos perspective

Nope, we've been told they've devoured a dozen galaxies.

>Go read what Cosmicism actually is you uncultured swine.

Something about human insignificance? I don't see what dumb bugs have to do with that.
>>
>>53921377
Chaos is the new NPC race - and due to the nature of Chaos, this means it's always been the NPC race.
Chaos is eternally NPC.
>>
>>53921386
>How so? I'm just not satisfied that Tyranids are cosmic horror. Or if they are cosmic horror that cosmic horror is worth a damn.

Not all cosmic horrors are equal. They're a cosmic horror in a wargame setting primarily marketed to teenagers. They're a galaxy spanning intelligence out to consume all biomatter in the galaxy, that's a cosmic horror.
>>
>>53921386
Okay, let's just pretend for a second that you're right and after 100 years of bloodly conflict over one planet, the hive mind suddenly developed the ability to do diplomacy in a few hours when chaos showed up. You still have the issue of the other party being orks, who came here to kill you, lead by Ghazkull, who came here to kill you
>>
>>53921386
>>53921409
Oh, on the note of "How so?" Because you have an extremely closed mind, and intentionally obtuse opinions, a fundamental incapability to see what other people find appealing in things you don't personally care for, that you're compelled to whinge on about.
>>
>>53921419
Don't forget the inability to accept what others like and the fact you've lost
>>
>>53921386
>Okay, but Tyranids are still just dumb bugs and completely known to us.
Chaos gods are literally one-dimensional emotional cretins with no competence or discipline who only ever win because "muh randumb space magicz make me invincible so I win XDDDD".
>>
>>53921386
>completely known to us.

But they aren't. Nobody knows what's going on in the hivemind or why they're compelled to consume biomass endlessly.
>>
>>53921442
I can't help but imagine Slaanesh sounding like Beavis and Butthead. Both of them. At the same time.
>>
>>53921386
>I don't know where they come from. It seems highly unlikely that they evolved naturally into what they are now - impossible, given what we know about evolution. Perhaps they are some kind of bioweapon, created millennia ago by madmen for some long-forgotten war. If so, I suspect that their creators soon came to regret their creation. Or perhaps they come straight from the warp. Possibly the Lords of Chaos themselves cast them out because they were too unpleasant.
>Jarv Advent

>To think that Tyranids are mindless beasts is a grave mistake. When you fight Tyranids you face not only those before you on the battlefield, but the untold thousands which seek to surround you, which attack your supporting units and destroy your supply lines in perfect synchronicity. These aliens have shown evidence of both tactics and strategy that speaks of a far worse threat than that posed by a mere beast.
>Marius fucking calgar

>As I looked into its dead black eyes, I saw the terrible sentience it had in place of a soul. Behind that was the steel will of its leader. Further still I could feel its primogenitor coldly assessing me from the void. And looking back from the deepest recesses of the alien's mind I perceived what I can only describe as an immortal hunger. We can slay the Tyranids on our worlds, blast their fleets from the space, grind their armies to torn and ruined fragments. But their hunger? That is beyond our ability to slay.
>Chief Librarian Varro Tigurius

>We cannot live through this. Mankind cannot live through this. In a single day they have covered the surface of this planet with a flood of living blades and needle-fanged mouths. Kill one and ten take its place. If they are truly without number then our race is doomed to a violent death before every shred of our civilization is scoured away by a force more voracious than the fires of hell themselves! Death! By the Machine God, Death is here!
>Magos Varnak
>>
>>53921465
Slaanesh sounds like a great many things
That is one of them
>>
>>53921409
So Tyranids are cosmic horror, but so are my butt freckles. I gotta say, cosmic horror is pretty shitty.

>>53921417
Orks teamed up with Humans on armageddon in similar circumstances. Tyranids had no need to team up with Orks before because orks were their only foe in the warzone.

>>53921419
I'm not closed minded, and I can see why others might like things. I just think they're shit.
Tyranids fans are like Paedophiles. I can guess why they like what they like but I don't care for it.

>>53921442
Okay, but I'm not arguing that they're unknowable cosmic horrors.

>>53921467
What are the quotes supposed to show me?
>>
>>53921467
all these statements are by definition Cosmic horror
>>
>>53921481
>but so are my butt freckles.

Your ass freckles are not an alien intelligence that underscores the irrelevance of humanity. Stop being an asshurt faggot.

>Tyranids fans are like Paedophiles.

Wow. Is there a "biggest faggot on /tg/" image we can post for this guy?

You're starting to get into Virtual Optim territory here.
>>
>>53921485
It's just characters running their mouths. We are more informed than they.
>>
File: 1495688139904.png (243KB, 452x456px) Image search: [Google]
1495688139904.png
243KB, 452x456px
>>53921481
>>
>>53921499
>We are more informed than they.
Alright smartass, find the codex entry where it states: Hi I'm the fucking hive mind, these are my goals.
you cant because tyranids are always written from the observers point of view rather than theirs.
>>
>>53921481
>Okay, but I'm not arguing that they're unknowable cosmic horrors.
They're incompetent dolts, not threatening or compelling villains, no matter how much wankery hacks try to shove in.
>>
File: 1412881668532.jpg (22KB, 358x392px) Image search: [Google]
1412881668532.jpg
22KB, 358x392px
>>53921407
>Something about human insignificance? I don't see what dumb bugs have to do with that.
Well, you see, compared to the vast incomprehensible perspective of the swarm, humanity is literally inconsequential, win-or-lose on any individual planet. This, opposed to the "cosmic" chaos, by your own words>>53920486
>Chaos is about human nature and how ultimately man will destroy himself by being unable to master himself.
Chaos is ALL ABOUT the perspective we are already used to seeing and understanding the world through. They are a reflection of the souls of sapient beings that are either literally human, or are at-least ballpark. They aren't unknowable: they're very surreal and stream of consciousness in their reflection of the knowable, but they aren't unknowable.

If anything, rather than downplaying the significance of the human experience, they elevate the human experience to the utmost importance in their narrative. That's literally the opposite of cosmic horror. Granted, you could still easily find that more compelling than cosmic horror, in which case cool. However, you might need to change your thesis from
>Nids aren't cosmic horror, Chaos is real cosmic horror
to
>I think that cosmic horror as a trope is stupid and not compelling, and quite enjoy dark epic fantasy, as such I much prefer Chaos and think Nids are stupid and boring
Which would be totally internally consistent. Granted, I might disagree, depending on what flavor of horror I'm in the mood for, but whatevs.
>>
>>53919173
Chaos isn't npc, Flanderized mono god armies are though
>>
>>53921481
Okay. At this point, I'm convinced that you're actually retarded since you can't seem to grasp the fact that Orks led by ghazkull and nids would ally, so I'm just gonna start pushing that the reason the daemons retreated is cause the orks and nids killed khorne. It's the exact same level of retarded
>>
>>53921547
but its okay because khorne can just respawn :^)
>>
File: cao cao.gif (2MB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
cao cao.gif
2MB, 320x200px
>>53921481
>>
>>53921552
Nah. He can't respawn cause he was the one causing the respawning.
>>
>>53921219
Blame the writers of nid's 5e codex for deciding the original defenders of Octarius qualified as a 'stress response' that required Swarmy's touch.

Given the size of Hive Leviathan, I can see it redeploying Swarmy to the same planet twice using another tendril because, let's face it, Orks are a massive biomass buffet waiting to be devoured/killed in the Hive Mind's view.

Such is the inconsistency of GW fluff I guess.
>>
>>53921552
The moment Khorne dies he gains the crown of Jobberlord from Swarmy, and everyone and their mother will kill Khorne.
It won't be a matter of if a character has killed Khorne himself, the impressive ones will have killed him multiple dozens of times.
Every named character will have at least one confirmed Khorne kill. As well as every unnamed Grey Knight. And then someone will pop one of the other Chaos Gods for some variety.
>Ward 3660
>>
>>53921498
>Your ass freckles are not an alien intelligence that underscores the irrelevance of humanity. Stop being an asshurt faggot.

But what if they're cancerous? Doesn't death by butt freckle underscore the irrelevance of humanity in the grand scheme of things?

>Wow. Is there a "biggest faggot on /tg/" image we can post for this guy?

Sorry you didn't like my comparison, but I'm sure you understand it.

>>53921523
Rulebooks discuss Tyranids eating twelve galaxies before so we know their history. I belive second edition actually had snippets of the Hivemind's internal monologue.

>>53921525
Okay, but what does that have to do with Tyranids being shit?

>>53921527
>Well, you see, compared to the vast incomprehensible perspective of the swarm, humanity is literally inconsequential

I don't see how. Tyranids consider humanity prey. Prey is not inconsequential. As I said, Tyranids are just dumb animal tier. Very earthly and not cosmic.

>>53921547
>you can't seem to grasp the fact that Orks led by ghazkull and nids would ally

I think they would ally. The fluff supports this by saying they combined their strength.
>>
>>53921589
>Sorry you didn't like my comparison, but I'm sure you understand it.

Only insofar as I understand the childish antics of butthurt geeks.
>>
>>53921589
Tyranids consider planets prey. The stuff on top is merely the texture.
>>
>>53921568
>>53921552
>>53921547
Nah, he'd respawn because Gork and Mork didn't give him permission to die.

Oh balls. I just realized Thraka is the Ork version of Bane, and the 40k's Batman has been dead for 10,000 years.
>>
>>53921589
The fluff doesn't say they combined their strength. The fluff says "Their combined strength" there is a very major difference here in that saying they combined their strength implies that the act was a willing and conscious act whereas "Their combined strength" could mean the same thing as before, or that the third party was a bunch of idiotic khornates who decided to attack both factions in a war that had been going on for a century and then wonder what went wrong when they got their ass handed to them and their god killed
>>
>>53921615
Nah, Yarrick
>>
>>53921598
Well I used it to underscore the irrevocable difference between a normal person and a Tyranidfan.

>>53921609
>Tyranids consider planets prey.

Nope, they consider people prey too.

>>53921620
>The fluff doesn't say they combined their strength. The fluff says "Their combined strength"

This is the same thing. They united their strength to fight Chaos.
>>
>>53921589
>Okay, but what does that have to do with Tyranids being shit?

Tyranids > Chaos is the point you autist.
>>
File: Earth-on-a-Celestial-Scale-1.jpg (59KB, 960x480px) Image search: [Google]
Earth-on-a-Celestial-Scale-1.jpg
59KB, 960x480px
>>53921589
>I belive second edition actually had snippets of the Hivemind's internal monologue.
It didn't
as for the galaxy part the key word is discuss as in: Nobody fucking knows because galaxies are incomprehensibly large and far apart, our little monkey brains cannot even begin to fully grasp the magnitude of such an endeavour.

>The Milky Way contains between 200 and 400 billion stars and at least 100 billion planets.
We dont even know how many fucking stars are in our own galaxy, that is how inconceivably large the tyranid threat is.
that is why they are cosmic horror
because they literally have the potentail to smother the entire galaxy 40k takes place in, drown the warp in shadow in the warp and eat every, single, fucking, living organism and leaving behind NOTHING to tell that we even existed.
>>
File: chaosfans.png (2KB, 205x16px)
chaosfans.png
2KB, 205x16px
Hey guys.
>>
>>53921646
It is most certainly not.
>>
>>53921632
>Nah, Yarrick
I kinda figured Yarrick would be more the 'Commissar Gordon' type, since Konrad Kurze was the 'Batman' of the 40k universe until he played suicide-by-assassin.
But your version works too (mostly because imagining Yarrick dressed as Batman isf goddamn hilarious.)
>>
>>53921661
this has to be carnac
>>
>>53921656
Only if you accept that Tyranids are more than boring dumb bugs and I do not.

>>53921657
>It didn't

Pretty sure it did, on the wargear cards maybe.

>Nobody fucking knows

Nope, we've been given the figure of a dozen galaxies.

>because they literally have the potentail to smother the entire galaxy 40k takes place in, drown the warp in shadow in the warp and eat every, single, fucking, living organism and leaving behind NOTHING to tell that we even existed.

Right, they're dumb bugs who eat and reproduce, we've been over this. Knowable and earthly.

>>53921665
It is.

>>53921673
I'm not.
>>
>>53921698
>and I do not.

Yeah, and what makes your opinion significant you fucking wendel?
>>
>>53921698
It is not and I have already explained why. The fact that the combined forces of something did something does not mean in the slightest that the combination was willing, intentional, or even real, as with that wording it could just as easily mean that, in this case, the khornates were just swatted away cause they decided to pop up in the middle of an active warzone filled with combatants who didn't particularly care about who they were shooting as long as it was something
>>
>>53921698
>Pretty sure it did, on the wargear cards maybe.
you're someone trying to discuss cosmic horror without even knowing the definition or anything about H.P lovecraft beyond you dislike him.
your credibility as a valid source of tyranid lore is negative until you provide proof.

>Nope, we've been given the figure of a dozen galaxies.
A figure that is provided with as much validity as the above qoutes about them possibly even being from the warp.

Now listen to Arch explain why you're so fucking wrong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylOuaYFvmMo
>>
>>53921704
I don't believe I ever said it was. Is that cosmic horror?
>>
>>53921698
>Only if you accept that Tyranids are more than boring dumb bugs and I do not.
Chaos is a literal band of retarded children leading edgelord autists. Worst faction by a mile.
>>
File: 1412573077953.jpg (68KB, 719x689px) Image search: [Google]
1412573077953.jpg
68KB, 719x689px
>>53921589
>Tyranids consider humanity prey. Prey is not inconsequential.
Not entirely correct. The hive considers the biomass within galaxies prey. Humans, and other sapient life, are exceedingly spicy bits that make it hurt a bit.
However, even if we were to conced that "humans are just prey," (which I don't) could you possibly explain the your universal perspective to a chicken that's about to be made into a McNugget and hope for it to understand or even grasp the level you're thinking on?
>Completely ignores the thesis of the post
Allow me to repost that for you

Nids downplay the signifigance of the human experience and the human perspective relative to the universe, and reinforce Humanity's insignifigance in the grand scheme: an uncomfortable fact that we constantly distract ourselves from, and reminding us of that fact is a trope called Cosmic Horror.

Chaos on the other hand do the opposite: rather than downplaying the significance of the human experience, they elevate the human experience to the front and center of their narrative. They themselves are just reflections of the four most prominent emotional states in the galaxy that 40k focuses on. That's literally the opposite of cosmic horror. That's epic fantasy... granted dark epic fantasy because [Grim Darkness Of The Future] Granted, you could still easily find that more compelling than cosmic horror, in which case cool. However, you might need to change your thesis from
>Nids aren't cosmic horror, Chaos is real cosmic horror
to
>I think that cosmic horror as a trope is not compelling, but I quite enjoy dark epic fantasy, and as such I much prefer Chaos, and think Nids are stupid and boring
Which would be totally internally consistent. Granted, I might disagree, depending on what flavor of horror I'm in the mood for, but whatevs.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (168KB, 596x600px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
168KB, 596x600px
Soon
>>
>>53921698
You've earned the name regardless. Congratulations.
Make sure to put it in the name field in every thread so that everyone can know that you are the undisputed, everknowing master of chaos and tyranid knowledge who knows no equal.
>>
>>53921657
His little monkey brain can't seem to even grasp simple constructs of the English language, never mind the sheer scale a galactic intelligence would be operating on and how little it would care about what's on the surface of any one planet.
>>
File: Octariusweather.png (2MB, 844x1092px) Image search: [Google]
Octariusweather.png
2MB, 844x1092px
>>53921589
>I don't see how. Tyranids consider humanity prey. Prey is not inconsequential.

>There is a cancer eating at the Imperium. With each decade it advances deeper, leaving drained, dead worlds in its wake. This horror, this abomination, has thought and purpose that functions on an unimaginable, galactic scale and all we can do is try to stop the swarms of bioengineered monsters it unleashes upon us by instinct. We have given the horror a name to salve our fears; we call it the Tyranid race, but if is aware of us at all it must know us only as Prey.
>Inquisitor Czevak

the key hint there is that we are literally so insignificant that it might not even recognize us as anything.
>>
File: Squats.png (67KB, 509x314px) Image search: [Google]
Squats.png
67KB, 509x314px
>>53921792
>Implying
>>
>>53921725
>It is not

It is.

>I have already explained why.

Inadequately.

>>53921731
>you're someone trying to discuss cosmic horror without even knowing the definition or anything about H.P lovecraft beyond you dislike him.

Well no one seems to know what cosmic horror is. I thought it was about unknowability, then was pretty much told it was about humans being inconsequential. But Tyranids don't fit either and people keep telling me they are cosmic horror.

>A figure that is provided with as much validity as the above qoutes

Nope, it was provided by the narrator, not any in universe character.

>Now listen to Arch explain why you're so fucking wrong

I can't stand his little tranny boy voice, so I won't.

>>53921740
Dumb bugs are far worse.

>>53921779
>Not entirely correct.

No, it's accurate. The Hivemind is capable of recognizing and perceiving individuals.

>could you possibly explain the your universal perspective to a chicken that's about to be made into a McNugget and hope for it to understand or even grasp the level you're thinking on?

Tyranids have simple motives though. I can't say for sure how a chicken thinks, but it does possess instinct to avoid predation.

>reinforce Humanity's insignifigance in the grand scheme

How? Humans as prey is not a strange concept.

>>53921847
>the key hint there is that we are literally so insignificant that it might not even recognize us as anything.

But it is shown to recognize people. It's dumb bugs, but it's not so dumb as to be brain dead. Nids are supposed to be intelligent.
>>
>>53921888
>The Hivemind is capable of recognizing and perceiving individuals.
>>53921888
>But it is shown to recognize people.
wrong
for all we know humanity as a whole has as much significance to the hive mind as one of the various bacteria living on your skin.
>>
>>53921888
I have explained why perfectly adequately, It is you that has an inadequate understanding of both the English language, and the fluff of 40k if you think otherwise.
>>
>>53921888
I would say "just food" is pretty inconsequential compared to the grand metanarratives we give ourselves, you fucking cretin.
>>
>>53921910
Not that guy, but it can recognize the relative significance of individuals. In Dawn of War 2 (I know, probably not canon, but whatever) they're described as targeting officers.
>>
BUGS ARE DUMB BUT NOT DUMB ENOUGH BECAUSE THEY CAN TOTALLY ALLY WITH A RACE THEY BARELY COMPREHEND AS MORE THAN PREY TO FIGHT ANOTHER RACE THEY BARELY COMPREHEND AS MORE THAN PREY BECAUSE THEY ARE SENTIENT AND INTELLIGENT BUT THEY ARE JUST DUMB BUGS GET IT THROUGH YOUR DUMB SKULLS NONE OF THE IMPLICATIONS THAT ARE BROUGHT UP IN THEIR FLUFF IS SCARY BECAUSE THEY ARE JUST DUMB BUGS (INTELLIGENT ENOUGH TO FORM ALLIANCES WITH FORMER ENEMIES AT A MOMENT'S NOTICE) BUT JUST STILL DUMB BUGS
>>
>>53921910
>wrong

Not wrong. We've seen it specifically target Tigurius for assasination because he has foiled it's plans and it hates him.
Similarly with Iyanna.
It howled in pain and hatred when Yrield wounded it also.

>>53921923
>I have explained why perfectly adequately

No yo've not, you've just tried to worm out of the official definitions.

>>53921926
>I would say "just food" is pretty inconsequential

I would not. Food is essential. I would not say harvests or feed animals are inconsequential

Also on a general note I have found the Hivemind's internal monologs in the second edition codex if anyone cares. urns out they were on the mission cards!
>>
>>53921888
>still sticking to the dumb bug narrative
alright so
listen to me here
Logistics, is a really big deal in warfare
we consistently fuck this up to the point that we can mess up something as simple as sailing boats with troops onto a shore and unloading them
The tyranid race does not just coordinate with perfect unison on the battlefield scale
it does not just coordinate on the plantery scale with thousands of engagement and decisions being made simultaniously in perfect synchronicity
Operating massive stellar engagement on the scale of a solar system doesn't not even begin to describe the mind boggling enormity
The hive mind is simultaniously, coordinating MILLIONS of invasions, simultanously, across thousands of light years of distance possibly even billions considering how many tyranids are probably still on the way.
an individual to the hive mind means less to it than a single red blood cell does to you. Eating up solar systems aren't even considered a snack to it.
We are talking a Galaxy spanning super intelligence here, operating on such an inconceivable level that anything present in the 40k universe is dwarfed by comparison.
Your dudes
dont
matter
>>
>>53921977
>I would not. Food is essential. I would not say harvests or feed animals are inconsequential

Cows and chickens are pretty inconsequential; we lose either, we just eat something else. You're being intentionally obtuse.
>>
>>53917811
I wanna read all the yarrick books chronologically, does anybody have a complete list in proper order?
>>
>>53921977
>We've seen it specifically target Tigurius for assasination
wrong
you've seen tyranid bio organisms targeting people for assassination, this is of less significance to the hive mind than a white blood cell in your body destroying foreign bacteria.
>>
EVEN THOUGH THE DUMB BUGS (INTELLIGENT ENOUGH FOR INTERNAL MONOLOGUES) SEE ALL LIFE IN THE GALAXY AS NOTHING MORE THAN FOOD TO BE CONSUMED BEFORE MOVING ON LEAVING NOTHING BEHIND, MEANING THAT NOTHING HUMANITY, OR ANY OTHER BEING IN THE GALAXY, MATTERS AT ALL IN THE GRAND SCALE, THAT DOESN'T MAKE THEM SCARY AT ALL ON ANY LEVEL BEYOND BASE EARTHLY CONCERNS, JUST LIKE DUMB BUGS ON EARTH THAT DON'T KILL AND CONSUME ENTIRE PLANETS ON A WHIM (BUT THEY ARE STILL JUST DUMB BUGS LIKE THE INTELLIGENT ALLIANCE-FORMING DUMB BUG TYRANIDS)
>>
>>53921977
No, you're the one trying to force people to believe that the sentence is worded in such a way that the only valid interpretation is one where you're correct, where it's painfully obvious that you're wrong on both accounts. Not only that but the the official definition of "Combined" does not work in the way you think it does.
>>
>>53921936
>but it can recognize the relative significance of individuals.
The hive mind doesn't, individual bio organisms like hive tyrants do.

A hive tyrant to the hive mind isn't even a blip on the radar when it comes to the sheer magnitude of the hive mind.
>>
>>53921888
>The Hivemind is capable of recognizing and perceiving individuals.
and I recognize when I bite directly into a peppercorn that the grinder failed to grind while I put salt and pepper on my sandwich. That doesn't mean the perspective of the peppercorn is signifigant to my narrative.... I mean It could be but that'd be some postmodern shit right there.

>Tyranids have simple motives though.
And the machine that squashes the chickens into slurry has simple motives, and is arguably less intelligent than the chicken, but human who built that machine for the purpose of slurrying chickens is as far beyond chicken minds as the hivemind is beyond us.

>How? Humans as prey is not a strange concept.
First, yes, yes it is. Relative to us, it is very strange. We live in a world where nearly every animal has evolved an instinct to fucking avoid us, because HFY. However, nids shit all over that arrogance and reinforce our insignifigance.

Second, I didn't say "strange" I said "reinforces humanity's insignificance in the grand scheme." Cosmic horror doesn't mean "weird tentacles and strange stuff" it means horror in which the core of the horror is not in the monster itself, but in how it reminds us of our the utter insignificance of the human experience.
>>
>>53921986
Dumb bugs eating everything, yes, so what?

>>53921996
Cows and chickens are not inconsequential. They are a staple part of our diet.

>>53922002
Not wrong. It was not reactionary, it was premeditated on the Hivemind's part.

>>53922035
>No, you're the one trying to force people to believe

I do no such thing, I merely interperate the sentence in it's most basic form with no suppositions.
>>
>>53922054
Okay, but if you use absolutely ANY context clues in the setting you'd know that your interpretation is hilariously wrong and utterly laugable
>>
>>53922054
>It was not reactionary, it was premeditated on the Hivemind's part.
>[CITATION NEEDED]

If we accept the sentence that tyranids are dumb, any other species including humans and the chaos gods lack even base intelligence by comparison.
Next you'll tell me a warpsmith obsessed with making daemon engines is dumb because he just makes things that kill stuff more efficiently.
>>
>>53921967
You forgot the CHAOS IS THE BESTEST FOREVER
>>
File: 1420736116137.gif (858KB, 245x250px) Image search: [Google]
1420736116137.gif
858KB, 245x250px
>>53921888
Let's break this down real simple

1: Cosmic horror is about reinforcing the fact that humanity is ultimately insignificant, and that the world, the universe, and the cosmios, does not give a FUCK about you or the petty complicated

2: Nids are a hiveminded predator so vast that the denizens of the 40k galaxy do not fully know its scope: they can only guess. It doesn't care about your emotions, your politics, your race, your gods, or what-have-you, it is just here to eat and move on. Maybe it's vastly more intelligent than us, maybe its a blind retard like Azathoth: we don't know, and ultimately it doesn't matter. None of it matters, even if it decides this galaxy is too spicy and moves on to the next one, because everything we invest our emotions into are utterly meaningless to us.

3: Chaos, while horrific, elevates the importance of the human experience to the forefront of the narrative, making the lowliest of mortals' petty internal narrative disasterous, because it is the warp reflection of emotions.

4: Nids are cosmic horror, and Chaos is not: Chaos is epic dark fantasy.

This is not a quality judgement against either Nids or Chaos, just an acknowledgement of the defenition of tropes.

I get it, you like dark epic fantasy, and don't like cosmic horror. Not everyone likes the same flavor of dark, but we still have to acknowledge what words mean.
>>
>>53922078
Of course the warpsmith isn't dumb, he's KAY-OOHS. KAY-OOHS can't be dumb because it's perfect forever and ever.
>>
>>53922052
>That doesn't mean the perspective of the peppercorn is signifigant to my narrative....

You don't plot to assassinate peppercorns though I bet.

>And the machine that squashes the chickens into slurry has simple motives, and is arguably less intelligent than the chicken, but human who built that machine for the purpose of slurrying chickens is as far beyond chicken minds as the hivemind is beyond us.

Tyranids have no motive beyond eating and reproducing though. In that sense they are closer to the chicken than to the people.

>First, yes, yes it is.

No it's not. Predation instinct remains within us.

>Second, I didn't say "strange" I said "reinforces humanity's insignificance in the grand scheme."

Prey is not insignificant though.

>>53922064
I know Tyranids are intelligent.
I know Chaos is described as the greatest threat.
Therefore Tyranids allying against this great threat is not strange.

>>53922097
Prey is not insignificant. If cosmic horror is about insignificance then Nids are not cosmic horror anymore than a Polar bear.
>>
File: 1423617944691.jpg (32KB, 322x294px) Image search: [Google]
1423617944691.jpg
32KB, 322x294px
>>53921986
>Your dudes
>dont
>matter
>>53922054
>so what?
So... your dudes don't matter. That's the definition of cosmic horror. The things you invest your effort and emotions into don't matter. That's the trope. You may find that dumb, in which case: okay, you find cosmic horror dumb.... cool.
>>
>>53922122
You do realize that tyranids allying with another race has NEVER happened before and would DESTROY their fluff if it happened right? Or are you just that stupid?
Also, chaos is only the greatest threat to the imperium and even then that's debatable, to everyone else they're a fucking joke
>>
File: sun-etc.jpg (28KB, 756x424px) Image search: [Google]
sun-etc.jpg
28KB, 756x424px
>>53922054
>Dumb bugs eating everything, yes, so what?
the fact that those actions described require an intelligence on such a level so many levels above human intelligence that we are not even flies by comparison.
To put this in perspective, with the amout of processing power available to the tyranid hive mind to do what it does, if it actually bothered it could invent every single thing and think up every single piece of art, philosophy, thesis and folkstale that we've created over the entire course of existence in a matter of seconds.
That is how insignificantly, laughable inconsequential your dudes are, to try and contain the sheer amount of thought processes going on in the hive mind for even a picosecond would explode the brains of even the greatest minds in the 40k universe.

>but prey aren't insignificant
you aren't prey, your entire solar system isn't prey, your solar neighbourhood isn't prey, your galaxy containing 100s of millions of planets is prey.
>>
>>53922122
>I know Chaos is described as the greatest threat.
That's literally only from the viewpoint of the Imperium and Eldar, you insufferable chaosgit.

The Orks consider them just another punching bag at best.
>>
>>53922122
>Tyranids have no motive beyond eating and reproducing though. In that sense they are closer to the chicken than to the people.
The bio-organisms and hivemind-fragments created/splintered for the expressed purpose of turning the galaxy into food have no motive beyond eating.... just like how your radio has no motive beyond playing the radio... just like your car has no motivation beyond going when you press the gas. We don't know the superorganism: we know the tools the superorganism created to eat us.
>>
>>53922145
He's that stupid, what with not understanding anything being said to him.
>>
>>53922001
BROTHERS
LEND ME YOUR AUTISM
>>
>>53922145
we're talking about a chaosfag who cant accept that his dudes dont matter
>>
>>53922222
Well of course his dudes don't matter, they're the ones who job to the jobbers.
If that isn't pathetic I don't know WHAT is.
>>
>>53922135
>So... your dudes don't matter.

But they do. Prey is important. It matters.
To a mouse a cat is not a comsic horror, it's earthly.

>>53922145
>You do realize that tyranids allying with another race has NEVER happened

Zoats. Aka Hivefleet Colossus.

>would DESTROY their fluff if it happened right?

I don't care about Tyranid fluff. I don't think it would be destroyed, but if it was I wouldn't shed a tear. New fluff happens, deal with it.

>>53922175
Again, the Hivemind can recognize individuals. People are prey.

>>53922190
No, that's the narrator.

>>53922193
No, we know the Tyranids. You're just inventing imaginary motives were there is none but eating. If you can just make stuff up then everything is cosmic horror.
>>
>>53922122
>Prey is not insignificant though.
The shift from the normal human paradigm of us and our complicated social dances being the center what matters, to humanity as something as simple, uncomplicated, and utterly unrelated to our own will or intelligence as prey, and the crushing revelation that all of that bullshit that we made the center of the universe is fucking meaningless, is what the trope "cosmic horror" means.
>>53922122
>Prey is not insignificant. If cosmic horror is about insignificance then Nids are not cosmic horror anymore than a Polar bear.
Yes, actually, from a narrative perspective, a story about someone desperately trying to survive the arctic, where all his humanity, his family, his learning, all mean nothing, and ultimately dies, all his lessons meaning nothing.... that would be a fine example of cosmic horror... granted it didn't come from space, so we'd probably call it existential horror, but the existential dread of realizing that all of the "human" stuff that made up the majority of our concern for the majority of our lives doesn't fucking matter.... that's the definition of Cosmic Horror.
>>
>>53922264
Zoats were retconned. Well, they still exist, but they're not tyranids
>>
>>53922054
>They are a staple part of our diet.

If they vanished, we'd eat something else. That's the very definition of insignificant.
>>
>>53922264
>Zoats. Aka Hivefleet Colossus.
oh you mean the retconned failed hive fleet who were literally just a callback to back when nids used good old fashion brain parasites to puppeteer other races like meat socks?

>>53922264
>Prey is important. It matters.
You are thinking in human terms, so let me put the scale in perspective for you. If the hive mind was a person, every single human being in the 40k universe, is a single grain of salt sprinkled on a sandwich that is our galaxy.

>>53922264
>Again, the Hivemind can recognize individuals. People are prey.
>[CITATION FUCKING NEEDED]
The hivemind does not demean itself to such micromanagement, it literally created the hive tyrants to take care of shit like that. You do not register on the hive minds radar.
>>
>>53922001
>>53922201
There's 3 books I know of, but the two that really matter are, in sequential order: Pyres of Armageddon (2nd Armageddon War) and Chains of Golgotha (Yarrick going after Ghazzy and trying to hunt him down).

>>53922264
>No, that's the narrator.
No, that's your headcanon.
The Tau don't view Chaos as the greatest threat. The Necrons don't. The Tyranids don't. The Orks don't.
The only ones who are 100% obsessed with Chaos as the 'real enemy' are the Eldar and the Imperium.
>>
Stop fucking insulting Khorne, he's way better than these dumb cosmic dumbshit Tyranids.

Khorne can have orgasms so intense and powerful that are infinitely capable of destroying all the infinite omniversos and create new infinite omniversos. Khorne is so infinitely strong and powerful that his muscle strength is infinite and has no limits, he is able to destroy all omniversos and realities that are just endless with his finger minimosou todod able to destroy universes and realities without even using all his gigantically infinitely boundless and his muscle strength, he alone to destroy all universes and realities.

How the hell are your dumb earthly ant race supposed to deal with that? It took the strongest Bug allying with the STrongest ork to even fight the Blood Crusade for 5 minutes without being obliterated. Checkmate
>>
>>53922315
Cause they killed khorne
>>
File: kek.png (100KB, 292x257px)
kek.png
100KB, 292x257px
>>53922315
>>
File: hive mind speaks.png (1MB, 1168x872px) Image search: [Google]
hive mind speaks.png
1MB, 1168x872px
>>53922282
>The shift from the normal human paradigm

Prey is still not insignificant. People can well imagine themselves as prey.

>Yes, actually, from a narrative perspective

Okay, so cosmic horror is actually just the fear of being predated upon?

>>53922287
Hivefleet Colossus is still around.

>>53922301
Having to adapt means they're not insignficant. If they were all to vanish many people would probably die.

>>53922302
>oh you mean the retconned

Nope. Canon.

>You are thinking in human terms

So do tyranids. people are prey to them.

>>53922302
>>[CITATION FUCKING NEEDED]

Shield of Baal. The Tigurius short.

>>53922311
>No, that's your headcanon.

It's not.

>The Tau don't view Chaos as the greatest threat.

It doesn't matter, view points are irrelevant next to the narrator given truth.
Also I may have ben wrong about the Hivemind. From the internal monologues it's not just dumb bug, it's a little racist.
>>
>>53922378
Dude. Just accept the fact that you lost and your stupid blood god is dead.
>>
>>53922378
>So do tyranids.
I wasn't aware that we bioengineered planet coating swarms and shackled them to our will to get a light snack.
>>
>>53922315
>[AUTISTIC SCREECHING]
>>
>>53922393
What? How will that help me discover what cosmic horror is?

>>53922409
That's just a matter of scale.
>>
File: shittaste.jpg (103KB, 858x1000px) Image search: [Google]
shittaste.jpg
103KB, 858x1000px
>>53922378
I think we need an artfag in here to draw swarmlord ass raping khorne with every other faction standing in line behind him.
>>
>>53922430
That's the name of the game for the khornefags in this thread. They can't stand the fact that their mary sue WAAC army got BTFO by orks and nids that were busy fighting one another so they have to make all sorts of shit up to save face with no one since everyone already knows they got BTFO >>53922378 Like this idiot who's trying to force the idea that they're undoing decades of fluff just so that his shitty period god doesn't look like a total jobber
>>
File: 1435695785432.gif (342KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1435695785432.gif
342KB, 400x400px
>>53922264
>If you can just make stuff up then everything is cosmic horror.
No, cosmic horror is the reframing of the human experience as insignifigant. For example, no matter what you make up, Chaos, while quite horrific will NEVER be cosmic horror, because they do the opposite: they make the human experience the MOST IMPORTANT THING IN THE UNIVERSE! The petty emotions and complications of little mortals don't just matter to us anymore, they actually matter to the universe at large. That's like the antithesis of cosmic horror.... granted it's still horror, but of a completely different variety.
>>53922264
>To a mouse a cat is not a comsic horror, it's earthly.
But a story about Mr Mouse, who goes about his day, doing mouse things, getting the audience invested in his little mouse struggles and triumphs, only to have him eaten unexpectedly by a cat he didn't see, none of it having mattered one bit because "shit man, cats, subverting the investment you've developed in the reader, WOULD be cosmic horror.

"Prey matters to the predator" is only significance in the most pedantic sense, and in no way that matters to the narrative trope of cosmic horror. The reframing of the human experience (all the shit that we as humans spend all of our time thinking about... you know, the stuff that Chaos is a reflection of) from mattering to not mattering. Nids do that. You might not like that particular trope, but that's the trope that nids serve in this setting.
>>
>>53922437
Judging by your posts, We can't explain it to you since you're in the midst of experiencing something similar for the first time
>>
>>53922437
>That's just a matter of scale.
THATS THE ENTIRE FUCKING POINT WERE TRYING TO GET THROUGH YOUR THICK FUCKING SKULL
On the scale of the tyranids, we are not prey we are barely garnishing of what is considered prey.
If you removed all the biomass from all the living creatures in the galaxy, it would contribute and absolutely microscopic portion of the available biomass from gorgoing on millions upon millions of planets.
THAT is why you are irrelevant
>>
>>53922378
here is cosmic horror and nids in a nutshell
Your dudes dont matter
Your gods dont matter
Your feeling dont matter
Infinite amounts of unfeeling biological weapons will delete all from existence and nothing will remain, not a single purity seal or mark of chaos or funny moment will have mattered
every struggle was for naught
Tyranids are the heat of the universe.
>>
File: 1441939888705.gif (335KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1441939888705.gif
335KB, 500x280px
>>53922378
>Prey is still not insignificant.
Yes it is
>People can well imagine themselves as prey.
But they usually they don't.
>Okay, so cosmic horror is actually just the fear of being predated upon?
No, cosmic horror is the existential dread that comes with the realization that all of the things that made us human don't actually matter. Going from "human in civilization" to "prey trying to survive a predator" is indeed one way to invoke cosmic horror.

You don't have to like it, but you have to acknowledge what words mean.
>>
>>53922448
Is that cosmic horror?

>>53922469
>No, cosmic horror is the reframing of the human experience as insignifigant.

Okay, so how are Nids cosmic horror? Prey is very significant.

>WOULD be cosmic horror.

So if I get crushed arbitrarily by a piano it's cosmic horror?

>>53922471
I'm experiencing cosmic horror? That means cosmic horror is a sweat ballsack and a craving for chicken soup?

>>53922474
>THATS THE ENTIRE FUCKING POINT WERE TRYING TO GET THROUGH YOUR THICK FUCKING SKULL

So cosmic horror isn't about unknowability, or human irrelevance, it's about bigness. Okay, so then what is the minimum size for a cosmic horror?

>>53922533
But Tyranids get beaten up all the time and are not infinite.
>>
>>53921419
You cannot seriously be this retarded.
>>
>>53922557
>Yes it is

No it's not. Without prey the predator would die.

>But they usually they don't.

Yeah they do. Happens in all sorts of situations.

>No, cosmic horror is the existential dread that comes with the realization that all of the things that made us human don't actually matter.

What makes us human that suddenly stops mattering? If a polar bear was hunting me I'm pretty sure my higher intelligence, which I would consider to be part of being human, would aid me.
>>
File: 1421618287660-3.png (92KB, 697x791px) Image search: [Google]
1421618287660-3.png
92KB, 697x791px
>>53919286
>as they charged blindly into the middle of the galactic meatgrinder of a 100 year-long xenos vs xenos murder-kill-die-nom-chopping extravaganza
>>
>>53922563
>Okay, so then what is the minimum size for a cosmic horror?
The size where it becomes unknowably large and humans are completely irrelevant by comparison.

>prey is very significant
sure but humans aren't prey
galaxies are
get that into your thick skull
a tasty tyranid sandwich is a galaxy
the planet you call home isn't even a tiny speck of pepper because there are HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF FUCKING PLANETS
>>
>>53922613
That's literally what happened in the fluff. They charged headlong into a century long muderfest of the two deadliest alien species in the galaxy and then wondered why they got their asses kicked
>>
>Tyranids
>Want to eat you
>Chaos
>Want to eat you

Why is one cosmic horror and one not?
>>
>>53922664
One comes from beyond the galaxy, from the great expanse of literally nothing where stuff's not supposed to exist
>>
File: 1433047996624.gif (906KB, 500x349px) Image search: [Google]
1433047996624.gif
906KB, 500x349px
>>53922563
>So cosmic horror isn't about unknowability, or human irrelevance, it's about bigness.
>>53922378
>Okay, so cosmic horror is actually just the fear of being predated upon?
>>53922563
>So if I get crushed arbitrarily by a piano it's cosmic horror?

Those are all ways to potentially evoke cosmic horror, but they are not themselves definitive of cosmic horror.

Cosmic horror is the re-framing of the human experience from something that matters, to something that doesn't matter.

Predation, scale, random meaningless death.... these are some of the tools used to evoke that existential dread. In short, it's the existential dread that comes from moving from not-nihilism to nihilism. Some people, especially large-scale STEM-focused people on the spectrum, often don't experience this as strongly, because they already exist in a state of acknowledging and accepting their own insignifigance, and don't invest nearly as much into the social games that make up SOOO MUCH of the human experience that is being subverted by cosmic horror.... this may be you... and that's okay. Maybe that particular trope, and it's emotional evocation aren't for you.
>>
File: 1420978242493.jpg (59KB, 423x599px) Image search: [Google]
1420978242493.jpg
59KB, 423x599px
>>53922664
Because one has this as it's leader
>>
>>53922679
sssh he actually thinks abaddon is cool
>>
>>53922676
Cosmic horror is the sudden relization that you're insignifigant and meaningless. The reason that it's so hard to do nowadays is that these days most people grow up knowing (or at least aware) that the universe is GIANT
>>
File: 1310853964426.jpg (571KB, 1000x625px)
1310853964426.jpg
571KB, 1000x625px
>>53922692
>Implying he isn't
>>
>>53922607
>What makes us human that suddenly stops mattering? If a polar bear was hunting me I'm pretty sure my higher intelligence, which I would consider to be part of being human, would aid me.
And if it was twenty trillion polar bears, each connected by a single mind orders of magnitude more aware and intelligent than you could ever be?
>>
>>53922702
Uhh sorry honey, the closest things to ttgl characters in 40k are Orks, or maybe Tau.
>>
>>53922659
>The size where it becomes unknowably large

How big is that?

>sure but humans aren't prey

But they are. Read the Hive Mind's monologues >>53922378

>>53922676
So cosmic horror is anything that gives self centered people the willies? Does this mean Tyranid fans are self centered?
>>
File: Khorne Spurdo.png (155KB, 853x543px) Image search: [Google]
Khorne Spurdo.png
155KB, 853x543px
>>53922613
>>
>>53922708
Pretty sure my intelligence and the things that make me human would still be more of a boon than a detriment in that situation.
>>
File: 1470872678778.png (362KB, 535x509px)
1470872678778.png
362KB, 535x509px
>>53922719
Saved ;)
>>
File: 1440894247370.gif (3MB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
1440894247370.gif
3MB, 480x320px
>>53922664
Both are horror. Chaos elevates the human experience from something we make matter to literally the most important thing in the universe, only we can't control ourslves, much less other people en-masse, so that's horror, but not cosmic horror

Tyranids take all the politicking, human experience, and magic going on in the 40k galaxy and says "nope it doesn't matter, because this thing is so much bigger than all of it and it's either gonna eat it, or decide this galaxy is too spicy and eat the next one, but either way, you do not matter."

Both are horror, one creates that horror by exalting the human experience and exposing the darkness within our humanity, and the other creates that horror by telling us that none of that humanity fucking matters. Only one of those things is cosmic horror.
>>
>>53922711
So, the chaos-"human-feefees-shape-the-universe"-fag arrived to the conclusion that tyranid fans are self-centered, since they value their lifes. It's like pottery.
>>
>>53922726
A boon relative to what?
>>
>>53922726
No, because you're so outclassed in every category there is no meaningful action you can take to survive.
>>
>>53922675
But other galaxies clearly exist, we can observe them.
Surely Chaos win this round as it comes from another unobservable plain of existence made of an unknown form of energy?

>>53922743
>Chaos elevates the human experience

But human souls are just boiled down to primordial soup to feed alien entities, how is that different?

>>53922749
I just want answers.

>>53922759
To the absence of them.

>>53922763
So cosmic horror is being outcompeted by a superior organism? Is /r9k/ cosmic horror?
>>
File: 1491796316142.jpg (255KB, 1226x900px) Image search: [Google]
1491796316142.jpg
255KB, 1226x900px
>>53922329
I still can't believe Khorne is dead.
I was a good Khornate. I didn't complain when our daemons were just used as "default Undivided", or when we were allowed the least amount of subtlety of every God.
Or even when all our warbands were just fucking retarded and incapable of tactics or higher thinking. All that mattered was giving other people a good scrap, and spilling blood.
But that all changed when Ghazghkull Thraka and the Swarmlord personally carved their names into Khorne's beating skull-shaped heart.
At least I still have my backup chaos god, Slaane-
>The Horned Rat and the Tau both murdered Slaanesh
FUCK
>>
>>53922749
>I just want answers.
As if it changes anything about you, the fan of ultimate egowank, attempting to call other people egotistic.
>>53922774
>To the absence of them.
What makes you think that?
>>
File: 1417026698891.gif (151KB, 500x209px) Image search: [Google]
1417026698891.gif
151KB, 500x209px
>>53922774
>But human souls are just boiled down to primordial soup to feed alien entities, how is that different?
Because they aren't alien entities, at all. They are literally made of reflected mortal emotions. They aren't alien to the human experience at all. They are literally human experience monsters, made of reflected human experience, fed by human experience, manipulating the world to maximize their favorite flavor of human experience, who live in a realm made of reflected human experience, who can leak into the world whenever any human, no matter how insignificant, plays their particular human experience.

That's not alien, that's very VERY human.
>>
>>53922774
>So cosmic horror is being outcompeted by a superior organism?
When you cannot fathom their origins or true motives nor meaningfully act against them? Yes.
>>
>>53922821
>As if it changes anything about you, the fan of ultimate egowank, attempting to call other people egotistic.

I just asked if they were self centered. The fellow I replied too said that people who don't get cosmic horror already accept their own insignificance. The logical conclusion to draw from there then is that people who like cosmic horror do not accept their own insignificance., this makes me think that they would be self centered.

Thus I have to ask, are Tyranid players self centered?

>What makes you think that?

Without my human traits I would be more vulnerable.

>>53922850
>Because they aren't alien entities, at all.

They're from another dimension and aren't even made from matter. I believe there's a strong case for them to be considered more alien than the Tyranids.
>>53922859
So Tyranids are not cosmic horror on account of their motives being known, their origins irrelevant and successful action being taken against them?
But a Chad with an unknown past, unknown motives, and who is much stronger and smarter than a /r9k/ poster is cosmic horror in the context of a /r9k/ poster.
>>
>>53922711
>Read the Hive Mind's monologues
>qouting lore from the Era when genestealer cults allied with chaos
and you wonder why no one takes your opinion on tyranids seriously
>>
File: hell.jpg (213KB, 808x1199px) Image search: [Google]
hell.jpg
213KB, 808x1199px
>>53922798
>Khorne's beating skull-shaped heart.
that's pretty fucking metal
>>
>>53922936
That still happens.
In the Genestealer Cult codex a cult pledges it's loyalty to Nurgle.
Just because fluff is old, doesn't mean it's wrong. Shield of Baal stories confirms the Hive mind has a personality anyway.
>>
>>53922903
> Without my human traits I would be more vulnerable.
No. There's no evidence for that.
>>
>>53922903
>So Tyranids are not cosmic horror on account of their motives being known, their origins irrelevant and successful action being taken against them?
wrong on all accounts
You dont know their motives, speaking about the tyranids motives is like speaking about a boltguns motives, it has no motives it is simply a tool being used by a greater being (the hive mind) to enforce itself on the universe.
>their origins are irrelevant
because you clearly dont give a shit
>considered more alien than the tyranids
Daemons feel
they emote
they hate
they like things
they laugh

here's what the good Inquisitor has to say on tyranids and emotions, the basis for emphasising with something

>The more I learn about these aliens, the more I come to understand what drives them, the more I hate them. I hate them for what they are and for what they may one day become. I hate them not because they hate us but because they are incapable of good, honest, human hatred.
>>
>>53922962
>In the Genestealer Cult codex a cult pledges it's loyalty to Nurgle.
that seems very couter productive to preparing the planet as a nice appetizing meal
>>
>>53922903
>They're from another dimension and aren't even made from matter.
Yeah, they're from a dimension made of the human experience and emotion. If anything we understand that MUCH better than we understand matter.

>>53922903
>So Tyranids are not cosmic horror on account of their motives being known, their origins irrelevant and successful action being taken against them?
>But a Chad with an unknown past, unknown motives, and who is much stronger and smarter than a /r9k/ poster is cosmic horror in the context of a /r9k/ poster.
At this point, you're an obvious troll, or the most autistic person in the world, because you're being intentionally dense about what cosmic horror is. In a cosmic horror narrative, you are made to emotionally invest in things, then the script is flipped, and through any of a number of narrative tools (scale, the unknown, randomness, predation, "being outperformed by a superior organism" etc...) all the things you invested in, particularly those related to the human experience, are shown to be meaningless in the long-run. The tyranids do this by taking all the faction politics of the 40k galaxy and turning it all into food.

Cosmic horror is the sudden realization that you, and the things you care about, don't matter. All the things you've been equating to cosmic horror in your numerous straw-men are narrative tools used to affect that particular emotional experience.
>>
>>53922978
Maybe not but, in almost all survival situations it would be advantageous to have a higher intellect than a lower one. Pit an average man against an average man with downs syndrome in a contest of survival and I think the average man would win.

>You dont know their motives

To eat and reproduce.

>because you clearly dont give a shit

It's true, but their origins are irrelevant. It's some galaxy far far away, with no bearing on anything.

>Daemons feel

So does the Hivemind.
It's been shown to hate, it's been shown in pain, it's shown arrogance, it obviously hungers.

>>53922994
They work for Nurgle now.

>>53923014
>Yeah, they're from a dimension made of the human experience and emotion.

It's not made from that, that merely disturbs its fabric.

>If anything we understand that MUCH better than we understand matter.

The warp is explicitly less comprehensible than the physical universe.

>At this point, you're an obvious troll, or the most autistic person in the world

I'm just someone who won't take half baked answers that fall apart at the slightest scrutiny.

>Cosmic horror is the sudden realization that you, and the things you care about, don't matter.

Of course nothing matters in the grand scope of the universe, what's so horrible about that? Tyranids are also nothing in the scope. How are they cosmic horror? They're a lot dumb bugs.
Very terrestrial in character.
>>
>>53923080
>it would be advantageous to have a higher intellect than a lower one.
Emotions aren't needed for a AI to become infinitely smarter than you, invent flesh eating nanomachines and repurposing your bodies carbon to produce stamps for its collection.
Tyranids are the same principle
>>
File: 1497933082861.png (23KB, 577x559px) Image search: [Google]
1497933082861.png
23KB, 577x559px
>>53923080
>Of course nothing matters in the grand scope of the universe, what's so horrible about that?
>tfw you realize you've been debating a tyranid all along
>>
>>53923101
Emotions could very well be a key part of intelligence.
But I don't see what that has to do with the benefits of having a higher intellect over a lower one.
>>
>>53919300
Except none of this would've happened because Eldrad is first and foremost a giant dick even to Eldar

Plus her prison in Nurgle's realm is the only thing keeping Isha alive. As soon as she was freed, Slaanesh would eat her like he/she did with every other eldar god
>>
>>53919434
Actually it's the opposite. Orks and nids managed to halt the blood crusade to a standstill not the opposite.

Then the daemons left
>>
>>53919712
Who cares. Even if kharn dies khorne is just gonna resurrect him
>>
File: 1497246561418.png (166KB, 491x367px) Image search: [Google]
1497246561418.png
166KB, 491x367px
>>53923080
>Of course nothing matters in the grand scope of the universe, what's so horrible about that?
OK, so obviously cosmic horror isn't for you. We've established this many times. Maybe ou shouldn't be arguing about soemthing you fundementally can't relate to and don't care to understand.
>Tyranids are also nothing in the scope
Yes, nothing matters, we're all just flesh machines consuming biomass to make more of ourselves until we die. The nature, scale, and alien-ness of the Tyranids, relative to the rest of the 40k galaxy put this in perspective.
>How are they cosmic horror?
Because that's what cosmic horror is. We've already established that it's something that has no emotionally evocative value for you. You know exactly how this is cosmic horror, because we've explained it to you many times, what you SHOULD be asking is
>why is this interresting
and the obvious answer to you is "well to you it clearly isn't, but to many of us it is."
>>
This thread pleases Slaanesh
>>
>>53918267
Nurgle dubs would be 77
Thread posts: 420
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.