[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's all agree that the Gathering Storm lore is absolute

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: rage-face.jpg (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
rage-face.jpg
17KB, 300x300px
Let's all agree that the Gathering Storm lore is absolute horseshit. You've got chaos being shafted again via having to resort to crashing a Blackstone Fortress into Cadia and destroying the pylons (the reason Chaos and the Imperium contested Cadia in the first place), instead of, I don't know, having Fulgrim introduce what amounts to Chaos Primaris Marines (the guy's been trying to do what Cawl did for the same amount of time) that take Cadia, with the Imperium destroying Cadia as a scorched earth tactic (and unleashing the massive warp tear upon themselves, the irony would've been fitting). They should've fleshed out the Ynnari characters before introducing the faction itself (so that we actually cared about what was happening when the Fracture of Biel-Tan came around, aside from the fracture itself). The events of Rise of the Primarch are clunky as hell and written like fanfiction (Not Ward levels, but still), the events should've went into more detail and the few details presented should've been different. For example, Magnus attacking Guilliman on Luna? Never should've even happened, it served no point in the plot and was just "WE GOTTA PAD OUT EVERY LAYER OF THIS WITH POINTLESS BATTLES" on the part of the writers. I do expect the events to be touched upon later and refined/retconned into something (hopefully) better. Should've been written like the IA and Horus Heresy books, like historical, unbiased analyses of the events occurring, filled to the brim with details.

I'm sorry about the rant. But most of GW's writers don't know how to properly write this shit.
>>
>>53916547
This is /tg/. We can agree on nothing here.

Except maybe that your text is bullshit hard to read.
>>
>>53916547

Well you are more coherent and make a better argument than the last guy I saw slamming it. Care to give us your superior envisioning of what should have happened?
>>
>>53916547
I think the most bullshit part of the Gathering Storm lore is the "JUST AS PLANNED" bullshit they pulled with the previous 12 Black Crusades.

I mean, I can't see any way that the 11th Crusade was one gigantic clusterfuck of failure. Abbadon not only failed to navigate another way out of the Eye of Terror and avoid Cadia, he tried and failed to take a cardinal world and ended up getting chased off by an Ork Waaagh! of a literal nobody warboss that was conquering the planet at the time.

There is no way in hell that was 'just as planned'.
>>
>>53916564
>paragraphs formed by correctly capitalized and punctuated sentences are hard to read

Jesus Fuck, kill yourself millenialpleb.

>>53916731

He literally did just that.

>>53916800

I agree. It's a clumsy retcon at best.
>>
>>53916547
Fuck you chaos faggot. Stop playing contrarian edges lord faction.

>wah nobody voted for the Emperor! 4 faggot aliens from a fucked up realm are gods lol!
>>
>>53916973
>paragraphs

I suppose technically you did form multiple paragraphs because you included a break between your giant autistic rant and the last sentence.

Also your changes are just as shitty. Why would the Imperium WILLING destroy Cadia? After that your post just turned into a jumbled mess so I couldn't be bothered reading anymore.
>>
>>53917316
I laughed when I saw the part calling the HH books unbiased. Clearly he never saw all the Smurf dicksucking in Tempest.
>>
>>53916547
Try using the enter key a couple of times you autist.
>>
>>53917316
I imagine that if Chaos were to actually /take/ Cadia and overrun it beyond the point of no return, then the Imperium might just deny the enemy their victory via enacting exterminatus upon it (and given Navy admirals' varying degrees of competence, they might just gleefully destroy the pylons in the process). It'd probably be a controversial decision, but I can see an imperial admiral going "fuck it" while the bureaucracy bickers on about what to do.
>>
>>53917818
They aren't that retarded, they know the Pylons keep away Chaos and they're not going to blow those up. Besides, they have to get Cadian Shock Troopers somewhere.
>>
>>53917865
Still makes more sense than Abbadon crashing a Blackstone Fortress into it, destroying the pylons, when the point of taking Cadia was because it was a stable route out of the Eye of Terror, perfect to launch a stream a Chaos forces towards Segmentum Solar (because of the pylons)
>>
>>53917818
Well your imagination is stupid then.
>>
>>53917932
Because his plan was specifically to expand the Eye of Terror, were you even paying attention?
>>
>>53917967
Still better than Geedub's, then.
>>
>>53916547
I like the new fluff
>>
>>53918010
Why the fuck would he want to expand the eye of terror when the point of taking Cadia is to ensure he can get a stable amount of ships out of the eye of terror via the Cadian Gate? If he wanted to destroy the pylons for all these millennia, why couldn't he have used the Planet Killer to just wipe Cadia (and the pylons, by extension) off the map?

Who retconned Abby's entire motivation behind taking Cadia?
>>
>>53918027
Not really. The Imperium wouldn't destroy Cadia under any circumstances because that what Chaos WANTS. You don't win a fight by stabbing yourself in the gut before your opponent gets the chance to.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZpoguiRcDk
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.