[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I convince my family to play board games again? Pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: Monopoly.jpg (449KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
Monopoly.jpg
449KB, 800x900px
How do I convince my family to play board games again? Pic related for what they think board games are
>>
>>53906053
Holly fuck man, are you me?
I've been trying to convince my family to play monopoly, since the last week I've been telling them that it will be interesting and fun to try it.

Still no good results though, they are too busy.
>>
>>53906164
No, not monopoly itself, god! well I mean, when properly played Monopoly is tolerable, but it's still pretty crap.
I"m trying to get them to play something good, like Pandemic.
>>
>>53906053
If they don't want to do actual board games, do stuff like hearts, spades, and things like that.

Those are good games that are well within the comfort zone of most old people.

From there you can try to introduce some other trick taking games like Diamonds and such, and try to grow from there.

But if they don't want to play board games (even if they don't know what board games are now) don't try to force them into it.
>>
>>53906053
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL9wCYTWTDw

You might wanna watch this.
>>
>>53906053
>pokemon monopoly
>uses iustrations from FR/LG

I feel so old
>>
>>53906053

It's all about finding the right vector OP. Any themes or styles of media they enjoy, any specific aspects you might be able to key into a board game.

Catan is a staple good beginner board game, but if they're not interested in that classic sit down experience, you might also get some fun out of a social deduction game like The Resistance or Secret Hitler. I've had great success playing those games with non-gamers, since the mechanics are simple and it's all about the social relationships at play.
>>
File: ONUW-BOX-COVER.jpg (188KB, 1000x753px) Image search: [Google]
ONUW-BOX-COVER.jpg
188KB, 1000x753px
Start with simple, short games to get them interested. Preferably something you can explain in less than a minute.
>>
File: carcassone.jpg (248KB, 1421x1500px) Image search: [Google]
carcassone.jpg
248KB, 1421x1500px
Get Carcassone. I even get my non-/tg/ friends asking to bring "the tile game" whenever we meet up.

I don't mind Catan but I prefer how quick and dynamic Carcassone is.
>>
>>53907135

I've just noticed that separate River tile and it's really bugging me. More than it bending the same way twice.
>>
>>53907286
>Two separate river tiles
>Bends back on itself
>Where's the fork
>Blue meeple laying on its side on a road
>TWO MEEPLES JUST STANDING UP ON THE RIVER
>GREEN HAS 42 FUCKING POINTS

DAMMIT ANON I DIDN'T EVEN SEE ANYTHING UNTIL YOU MENTIONED IT
>>
>>53907386
Well, you'd better not look at the illegal tile between the two town on the right then.
>>
File: 1486915599016.jpg (18KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1486915599016.jpg
18KB, 480x480px
>>53908747
>And some of the tiles in the short stack on the left are upside down
>Yellow meeple on the road on the left and red meeple on the road on the right are both sitting on compleated roads
>No spare yellow meeples in the pile above the board

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.