[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A friend of mine wants to run a campaign in pic related. Never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: LandingPage__0022_ScionDemiGod.jpg (533KB, 1000x506px) Image search: [Google]
LandingPage__0022_ScionDemiGod.jpg
533KB, 1000x506px
A friend of mine wants to run a campaign in pic related. Never heard of it before, but the premise seems cool, with an unfortunate risk of going full edgy. Anyone here ran or played it? Anything I should know, any stories you would like to share? Scion thread I guess
>>
New edition was kickstarted a ?year? or so ago, and is actually rather on track, from what I can tell.

Also, rather fun game.
>>
>>53886757
I've played several games of it.
It's... good, fun, a lot of promise, but it is outrageously broken, with more than a handful of virtual I Win At This buttons, and a few actual I Win At This buttons.
It has all the problems of early WW mechanics magnified x4 due to the power scale. I mean, seriously, when you need to roll 40+ dice for a single action, you have gotten beyond the rim of sense.
As above anon said tho, there is a new edition that I've been keeping eyes on coming.
>>
Has the new edition came out yet, or is it later this year?
>>
>>53888454
Later this year, it looks like. There's a handful of previews out currently
>>
>>53886757
If your DM does some balancing then it can work

Otherwise just pump epic physicals and you literally break the game
>>
>>53886757
I ran a Hero campaign once, lasted about 10 sessions. The system was needlessly complicated and only served to 'break' the game when characters optimized even a little. The setting is fine, just play it with FATE or your system of choice.
>>
>>53886757
Great premise.
Terrible system.
Nonexistent setting.
Maybe the new version isn't complete shit.
>>
>>53889748
>Nonexistent setting
Isn't the setting pretty much just real world + mythologies are real?
>>
>>53889862
Yes. I think anon was referring to the fact that there is no development beyond that point, almost no official campaign (there's the WW2 stuff but it's kinda retarded) or anything like that. But the pre-generated characters (and I think there was a pre-written scenario too?) come with their evil counterparts and a campaign premise.
>>
>>53886757
>>53889748
It wasn't too bad but it wasn't that good either.

Premise is great and the basic idea of the system is neato.

Needs more setting stuff. I find it real hard to make adventures or campaigns in modern settings personally. That would help.

But the characters you can make are fun.

I made a mormon kid who found out he was the son of the aztec god of war and got a luchador mask that made him fly.

I loved it.

The gods are cool, especially the lesser known ones or their takes on things.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.