[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Feathered T-Rexes I told you Wizards would fuck up the Dinosaurs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 29

File: content_ixalan-header.jpg (412KB, 900x375px) Image search: [Google]
content_ixalan-header.jpg
412KB, 900x375px
>Feathered T-Rexes

I told you Wizards would fuck up the Dinosaurs set. Enjoy your meme set.
>>
>>53881564
If you're referring to that poorly researched amatuerish 'paper' that just came out, the scientific community has already come to consensus that it's conclusions were faulty, presented only layman's understanding of the facts (like the supposition that feathers are like hair and help retain heat when they're actually radiators) and the media just seized on one tiny part of said already flawed paper and blew it out of proportion.

Trexes had feathers. Deal with it
>>
Damn, Aztecs, pirates, and dinoaurs? And you dumb niggers are complaining? Fucking neowalkers, I swear. This is the first set that might actually make me look at M:tG again in over 10 years.
>>
>>53881594

Yes and there 52 different genders we know, you're very special anon.
>>
File: tanycolagreus-40.jpg (119KB, 1168x782px) Image search: [Google]
tanycolagreus-40.jpg
119KB, 1168x782px
>>53881564
Feather dinos are the best, just kill yourself nigga.
>>
>>53881564
Suck my meme dick, you grumpy nerd. Ixalan is looking sweet.
>>
>>53881564
Aztecs and pirates?

YES! I've been wanting a set like this forever. Provided there are guns. Please let there be gun.
>>
Chickens evolved from dinosaurs though
>>
>>53881616
I'm talking about actual hard science not tomblr fuckery with no backing data.
>>
>>53881748
Or, depending on your point of view, are dinosaurs.

Which is pretty awesome.
>>
>>53881748
90s kids can't handle it because spielburg
>>
>>53881770
>>53881748
Chickens, Emus, Ostriches etc are all considered types of surviving dinosaurs iirc
>>
>>53881776

PLUTO IS A PLANET
>>
File: leadbillnye-696x604.jpg (58KB, 696x604px) Image search: [Google]
leadbillnye-696x604.jpg
58KB, 696x604px
>>53881767

Sorry Anon, the scientific community has spoken. There is an entire SPECTRUM of genders and you just have to deal with it.
>>
>>53881887
Sociology is not a science as it cannot be built on definitive facts.
>>
>>53881899
Here's a definitive fact for you: SJWs are fucking faggots.
>>
>>53881791
>Chickens, Emus, Ostriches etc are all considered types of surviving dinosaurs
I would argue against that, while birds are descended from theropod dinosaurs, saying that is like saying mammals are surviving synapsids. There's a genetic link and several species may have traits that fill similar niches, but it's not necessarily close.

Also fun fact mammals and birds were around by the Jurassic period.
>>
>>53881842
Pluto hurt me too but it isn't.
>>
>>53881644

this is the saddest looking dinosaur I've ever seen.
>>
>>53881564

I like that Ixalan seems silly. It doesn't take itself too seriously. There are no angsty millenia-old-vampires. No rebellion against tyranny, no plane-devouring monsters and no Gatewatch. Kaladesh was borning as fuck. It was like a shitty version of Ravnica. Amonkhet is like a concession. It hasn't been fleshed out enough to be interesting or distinct, it's just a stage for the return of Bolas. Ixalan seems like its own weird thing. We need more of that. How many times can we revisit the same planes? We're going back to Dominaria! The game has come full circle and the novelty of returning to planes has faded.
>>
>>53881901
Here's another definitive fact: Whatever made up gender people think they are is nothing for you to get worked up about.
And another: get your culture war bullshit out of here.
>>
>>53882134
>get your culture war bullshit out of here.

That's not a fact, that's a command.
>>
>>53881887
>trusting anything coming out of "Bill Nye Tries To Appeal To The Audience Who Grew Up With Him Poorly: The Show"

this is some hardcore bait anon, I won't lie
>>
>>53882145
>being this dense
fuck you and the autism you rode in on
>>
>>53881564
You're right, T-Rexes should have been fluffy, not feathered. Fucking Wizards can't do anything right!
>>
File: 1496845838718.jpg (22KB, 350x286px) Image search: [Google]
1496845838718.jpg
22KB, 350x286px
>>53885132
Forgot pic
>>
God I've yet to see a single feathered T. rex image that looks better than a scaled version.

Why can't we still have scaled versions of dinosaurs in our fucking Fantasy card game? Fucking absurd to call in scientific accuracy when your literally slinging spells and shit.
>>
>>53881594

Any sources for the scientific communities response? I'd be interested to read what they had to say.
>>
>>53885189
>Why can't wizard appeal to my specific taste
Some people like the way feathered dinosaurs look bro
>>
>>53885240

That's cool. Doesn't mean I have to like them or can't take issue with ultra-meh feathered dinosaurs all over my cards
>>
>>53882134
I see you are not involved in modern day academia.
You might think they are a silly internet thing, but they are very real and dangerous.
>>
>>53881564
Feathered dinosaurs are ok; But feathering everything is dumb. Like that feathered triceratops.
And I'm not even talking about the disgusting choice of colors.
>>
>>53881776
MUH MUH raptor were biiig.
>>
Of all the stupid things /tg/ gets assmad about, this is the dumbest thing yet.
>>
>>53885285
Just as long as you acknowledge that the issue you take is an entirely subjective one and has no more weight than a subjective opinion that disagrees with it.
>>
>>53885302
You're right on that one, m8. Here’s a thing that happened to one of my friends. I was there.

Basically, we were walking down the sidewalk, talking about something meaningless. I think it had to do with a movie. Then this bus screeches up, stops next to us, and a bunch of people with “Down with Cis” shirts climbed out and started beating him up. I was punched and kicked a bit too, but I managed to avoid brutalization by going for their faces. After figuring out what’s happening, I started attacking them back, getting them off of him. He was quite injured but I called 911 and he made a full recovery at the hospital. I was fine, with only a cut on my arm that they patched up.
>>
File: 1482329827229.jpg (30KB, 251x375px) Image search: [Google]
1482329827229.jpg
30KB, 251x375px
>>53881887
I don't care what you say, Nye. I'm not giving handjobs to strangers.
>>
>>53881748
And humans from amphibious lizards
>>
>>53885346
Because were based is denonychus back in a time where scientists though both them and the velocirraptor were the same animal with different ages
>>
>>53881594
Thanks for #correctingtherecord
>>
>>53881887
It's real sad to see an icon fall
>>
>>53885419

and then the whole hosptial clapped
>>
>>53885740
I thought deinonichus and velociraptors weren't from the same places.
Also i think i read somewhere that Spielberg knew they were supposed to be tinier but thought that they wouldn't be intimidating enough.
>>
We should just ban everyone who doesn't like feathered dinosaurs.
>>
Regardless of whether or not they actually did have them, if Ixalan does have a sort of Aztec theme, feathered dinosaurs is a great aesthetic to make the plane's dinosaurs distinct and sort of match the feathered serpent concept. So regardless of any scientific accuracy, making then feathered was the correct design decision imo.
>>
>>53885829
It's like finding out a beloved teacher from high school was arrested for smoking crack in a dingy truckstop gas station.
>>
>>53885914
Once again, feathered dinos are rad, but it's pretty foolish to think every one of them was covered in feathers. Beasts like ankylosaurus or triceratops are pretty unlikely to have been feathered.
>>
>>53885992
>>53885964
>>53885914
I'm honestly quite surprised that the History Channel, hacks that they are, haven't ran with the idea that the Aztec feathered serpent Quetzalcoatl was actually a type of dinosaur, and the Mesoamericans were running on either ANCIENT ALIENS or had oral tradition that went back to the Jurassic.
>>
I want a Pillar Man legendary creature to use in commander
>>
>>53886136
Holy shit, is that a motherfucking JOJO REFERENCE?
>>
>>53881564
Why do her boobies glow?
>>
>>53885992
Yeah, IMO feathers should be restricted to therapods as a best guess right now, which is a fairly large grouping. But I'm not totally opposed to feathers on other dinosaurs as well, though it gets weirder for those we know had plates of some description.
>>
I don't see that the big deal is. This kind of stuff lights my imagination on fire, scientifically accurate or not.
>>
>>53881616
>"Dinosaurs didn't have feathers"
>"They actually did"
>"Shut up you gay"

I don't understand
>>
>>53886949

Be wary of anyone who writes "The scientific community says...!"
>>
>>53887005
He should've posted the source of his claim, I agree on that.

But still, the third post. Why.
>>
File: steiner.jpg (146KB, 512x318px) Image search: [Google]
steiner.jpg
146KB, 512x318px
>>53881564
Oh, but I will. I live and die for meme shit in Magic. Gishark is the new king of jank Commanders and I will build it with PRIDE, damn you!
>>
>>53887216
>Gishark is the new king of jank Commanders and I will build it with PRIDE, damn you!
Be sure to get a custom deck box with the Jurassic Park logo on it and some kind of dinosaur playmat. Gishark players must become the anti-Kaalia: just as devoted to their themeatics and commander, but replacing just-short-of-lewd anime angel waifus with dinosaur shit and replacing the screaming autism about their spikey win-button general being interacted upon with an eternally unruffled bro-tier chill demeanor in the face of any opposition.
>>
File: foley.jpg (96KB, 705x795px) Image search: [Google]
foley.jpg
96KB, 705x795px
>Gishark players must become the anti-Kaalia
>an eternally unruffled bro-tier chill demeanor in the face of any opposition
Such is now my destiny, for you have willed it.
>>
>>53886904
Congratulations to the artist for managing to make a T-rex look ashamed and embarrassed. I hope he is pleased with himself.
>>
>>53886832
Something to do with deathtouch / poison magic?
Maybe she's one of those gorgans who's tits turn you to stone.
>>
>dinosaur set

I had to fucking wait since Ice Age for some motherfucking dinosaurs.
>>
>>53881904
There really isn't much difference between birds and theropod dinosaurs, to the point that dromaeosaurids like Velociraptor are actually more closely related to birds than other non-aviant theropods and most plaeontologists use the term non-avian theropods when referring to "normal" (i.e. not including birds) theropods. Birds are for all intents and purposes very specialized form of dinosaur, and saying they're not dinosaurs is like saying whales are not mammals (they're highly derived compared to their terrestrial ancestors, and have evolved many unique traits while losing some traits common to most mammals. but they're still mammals).

As for feathered T. rex, we still don't know quite for sure. Paleontologists have recently discovered skin impressions of Tyrannosaurus that show scales (we've had some before, but only from areas that would even on feathered animals be featherless, like the bottom of the feet), but we also know several of its relatives did have feather. Based on the evidence, I'd be inclined to think T-rex was like modern rhinoes or elephants, and essentially hairless/featherless even if some related species had hair/feathers (elephants and rhinoes aren't actually hairless, but for most part they have very space hair; same would probably apply to Tyrannosaurus). However, somebody did this picture that combines skin impressions from different areas of body from various tyrannosaurids into a coherent whole, showing that the findings aren't necessarily in conflict if we assume the animal could have had a thick coat of feathers only on some areas of the body.

Tyrannosaurus with modern bird-like feathers is factually incorrect however, as those kinds of feathers only existed on a few specific groups of dinosaurs (dromaeosaurids and their relatives mostly), while most feathered dinosaurs had hair- or down-like coating.
>>
>>53887941
Do keep in mind that tyrannosaurs are part of the coelurosauria, and basically a brother/sister of dromaeosauria.

Smart, tactics using, group hunting tyrannosaurs.
>>
>>53881564
The T-Rex did have feathers though.

I know you may not like the idea because you were four when Jurassic Park came out and fake Spielberg dinosaurs are a big part of your youngfag development, but facts are facts.
>>
>>53885829
>>53882407
>>53881887
Hey are you guys still pushing the meme that Bill Nye flip-flopped on gender identity?
>>
File: Quetzalcoatl_telleriano[1].jpg (73KB, 560x477px) Image search: [Google]
Quetzalcoatl_telleriano[1].jpg
73KB, 560x477px
>>53881564
>feathered dinosaurs
>not the fucking most appropriate fucking thing possible for a fantasy meso-american setting

I didn't take /tg/ to be this pleb-tier of a board.
>>
>>53888069
Nye is just a mouth piece. Also, what's your favorite color(s) in magic?
>>
>>53887976
True, and that is one of the main reason we can assume that basal tyrannosaurids were feathered, and if T. rex didn't have fetahers, it would have lost them over the course of evolution. Carnosaurs seem to have been featherless, but with coelurosaurs feathers were the norm. However, only some specific groups of coelurosaurs evolved the same kinds of feathers you see on modern birds.

I do find it rather amusing that tyrannosaurs, once thought to be among the archeotypical carnosaurs, are in fact coelurosaurs. For a long time the distinction was basically "big scary theropod=carnosaurs, small less scary theropod=coelurosaur", and then it turns out the most famous theropod of all time and one of the largest land predators to ever live was actually an oversized coelurosaur.
>>
>>53888007
>facts are facts

Until someone new publishes a paper about how wrong they are abound million-year-old bones. Feathered t-Rex isn't fact, it's a theory, one that was latched onto hard by bird-fags.
>>
File: you-shall-deal-with-it.jpg (26KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
you-shall-deal-with-it.jpg
26KB, 500x364px
>>53887605
>LGS receives multiple orders for Commander Anthology
>All just want Kaalia and are gonna pawn off the other decks

Forward into commander night shall I ride upon the Gishark, Prophet of the True Timmy's and Defender of all Bro Kind.
>>
>>53881616
u r so mad
>>
>>53881616

JP fanboys are also ignorant bigots.

It's almost like you deserve to be mauled by a cassowary
>>
>>53888097
fucking this. I can only hope the dragon that they force into every single set is some kind of Quetzalcoatl/Kukulkan looking motherfucker for Ixalan
>>
>>53881594
Literally none of what you said is true tho
>>
>>53888777
We might be getting dinos instead of dragons this time, though. Check the leaked rare sheet and tell me if you see anything vaguely dragon.

Also checked.
>>
>>53885189
Because feathered dinosaurs actually fit the aesthetic of Aztec Jungles better than scaly dinosaurs.

You can complain about fantasy appealing to realism autists and whatever, but it does actually fit better in this case.
>>
>>53888723

>mauled by a cassowary

Oddly specific
>>
https://phys.org/news/2015-06-feathered-dinosaurs-complex-thought.html#nRlv

Look, Dinosaurs is a phrase that covers a great deal of time.

There seems to be consensus that Raptors and their ilk (direct bird ancestors) had feathers.

Scientists are looking into stuff like T. Rex. and Triceratops.

>>53881564
For a second, I thought that the image was tied to the recent 5e adventure path announcement. I guess both DnD 5e and Magic getting the dino treatment is a coincidence.
>>
>>53881564
You know OP, just because you repost at a different time doesn't make your opinion less shit.
>>
>>53888962
Pretty much this. I think either is a valid creative representation in a fantasy game, we just happened to go to a world where feathered dinosaurs totally make sense aesthetically and was probably the correct choice in context. If we were to see more dinos in, say, Dominaria, I think they could just be scaled. I almost wish the set was focused 100% on that (mesoamerican dinosaur world), since it seems like a really sweet creative hook, without it being kind of diluted by the pirates and and nautical stuff.
>>
File: Jurassic Park gate.jpg (321KB, 1600x860px) Image search: [Google]
Jurassic Park gate.jpg
321KB, 1600x860px
>>53887605
I plan on printing out a deck box with the Jurassic Park gates on the front and electric fence that goes around the box.
>>
File: 1477010028161.jpg (61KB, 878x814px) Image search: [Google]
1477010028161.jpg
61KB, 878x814px
>>53887005
>>
>>53889499
They could also be fancy, super special Ixalan T-Rexes, which DO have feathers.
>>
>>53888998
Cassowaries are birds that sometimes remember they used to be dinosaurs, woe be to the chucklefuck that ticks one off.
>>
File: tmp_13262-clvrgrl1362333525.jpg (10KB, 548x451px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_13262-clvrgrl1362333525.jpg
10KB, 548x451px
>>53889644
>electric fence not actually electrified
Flavor win.
>small battery provides a shock to the holder when remotely activated
>NO, TIM!
Double flavor win.
>>
>>53888504
Evolution is a theory and the only reason it isn't a fact is because you can't watch it happen... So you are correct and incorrect, feathered dinos are a theory, but have so much evidence to support that there were feathered dinos that it is most likely true.
Didn't the paper also say that dinos had feathers probably but not on the area they studdied?
Also it is like saying a chicken had no feathers because they found the feet...
>>
>>53890205
There's that one feathered dino from china who they even managed to figure out the feather color of.
>>
File: utahraptor-size.jpg (96KB, 615x286px) Image search: [Google]
utahraptor-size.jpg
96KB, 615x286px
>>53885346
I mean, some were pretty big
>>
>>53890387
Well yeah, but Velociraptors were like 70 cm.
>>
>>53890596
Raptorlets, when will they learn?
>>
>>53890596
Yeah, Jurassic Park "velociraptors" were deinonychus.
>>
>>53881564
>fuck up
You mean actually surprisingly get right?
>>
>>53885740
IIRC, at the time Crichton wrote the book originally, people were pushing to have the sole species of genus Deinonychus reclassified as being part of genus Velociraptor (despite being found on another continent entirely), and so he had it at the appropriate size for the former but called the latter.
But by the time of the movie, that whole thing was null and void, Deinonychus was Deinonychus. They kept the name because that's what was in the book, and I'm guessing because they figured it was easier to say and shortening it to 'raptor' would work wonderfully. Which, as everyone knows, it did.
>>
>>53888962

I don't agree. Mesoamerica is more than just "FEATHERS, FEATHERS EVERYWHERE".

Do panthers need feathers? What about Caimans? And Snakes let's cover them in some fluffy down. Because that would obviously be better suited than just having scales.

Besides Warhammer Fantasy did Aztec dinosaurs that were fucking fantastic, they didn't feel the need to update them with bloody Aunt Hilda's fascinatior glued to their body.
>>
>>53890988
Maybe it's a makebelieve fantasy setting, wherein makebelieve fantasy dinosaurs happen to have feathers? Or do you get this buttmad when elves have ears of varying lengths?
>>
>>53890988
Get madder, blubberboy.
>>
The game also has humanoid fish people, goats that can hold swords, ways to turn Gods into frogs and a way where a dragon can use itself as a weapon.

Get over it. It's a fantasy game.
>>
>>53881616
It's always satisfying to see a shit poster get this mad.
>>
File: 09TBfeather-superJumbo.jpg (745KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
09TBfeather-superJumbo.jpg
745KB, 2048x1365px
>2017
>Still not thinking that some dinosaurs had feathers
>Despite the fuckton of evidence including a literal tail in amber
>Laughingpalaeos.jpg

Bet you fuckers still think birds came from thecodonts.
>>
>>53890988
>And Snakes let's cover them in some fluffy down
No, you give them resplendent wings and worship them as the sun, duh.
>>
>>53891474
China is overrun with feathered dino fossils too.
>>
>>53891014
Nobody cares if it's possible or not, the main argument of that post is that feathered everything is a shit aesthetic and not doing Aztec justice.
>>
how about we release this set now and forget Hour of Devastation ever existed.
>>
>>53892041
Hour of Bolas lmao is worth it purely to see Bolas dropping sick hot beats on the avengers, also MtG's very own not!Necrons.
>>
>>53885189
AZTEC you retard. Get a fucking clue
>>
Realismfags ruin everything as usual
>>
>>53892293
>TFW you remember Aztec Rex was an actual Syfy Movie
God damn I need to repress the memories harder.
>>
>>53891474
Jesus that's disgusting, and what's with all the god damn bugs.

Why are they so big too, what the fuck? Gross
>>
>>53881616
> the discovery of feathers on dinosaurs is an SJW conspiracy

I'm gonna need some of the shit you just smoked because it is potent.
>>
>>53881564
That's not a feathered T Rex, that's just a T Rex. All the others are featherless T Rexes.
>>
>>53892000
But the Aztecs LITERALLY WORSHIPPED A FEATHERED REPTILE.
>>
>>53893492
No reptiles flies.
>>
>>53893492
>literally
You don't know what literally mean, you meant metaphorically.
>>
>>53893702
Pteranodon didn't have feathers, he had bat-like wings
>>
>>53888069
It's not a meme when someone respected says something stupid and unfounded on television.
>>
>>53893702
Pterosaurs were things, you know.
>>
>>53893374
The higher oxygen content in the air allowed for bugs of an exterminatus-worthy size.
>>
>>53893920
>>53893757
Not by time of the Aztecs they weren't.
>>
>>53893926
>tfw no more 2.3 meter long sea scorpions
Life sucks, it used to be more hardcore back in my day.
>>
>>53893464
>Magic is a game about infinite planes, and infinite spins on the same tropes/concepts
>elves can be horned, green, mixed with metal, mostly human, dicks, nature freaks
>dragons can be feathered, multiwinged, entirely metal, colorless spirit monsters, 2/2, 6/6
>goblins can be rat-like, mischievous, intelligent, dumb, suicidal, the heart of the story, mooks
>dinosaurs can be scaled, featherless, spielburgian, based on outdated science, exactly how I remember them in my day

Diversity and creativity all around.
>>
>>53887941
I wonder if what's actually going on is that they basically go bald as they age and grow larger. Feathered when young, more rhino/elephant like when fully grown.
>>
>>53894013

Not an argument.
>>
>>53891354
Nonono.
It's a game where a dragon can use himself as a weapon and then proceed to attack himself that's being wielded as a weapon by another him.
>>
So what colors are the dinos are gonna belong to? Or do u think they will be five color?
>>
>>53895005
So far we got Naya ones, hell we even got a Naya legendary, guessing we're gonna get skele dinos and a plesiosaur or two later, yeah I know that plesiosaurs ain't dinos but wotc already made a pterosaur into a dino so fuck it, we're working on flintstones logic here.
>>
File: IMG_7638.jpg (39KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7638.jpg
39KB, 265x370px
>>53895005

>5RGW
>Legendary Creature - Dinosaur Avatar
>Trample, vigilance, haste

>When Gishark, Sun's Avatar deals combat damage to a player, reveal that many cards from the top of your library. Put any number of Dinosaur creature cards from among them onto the battlefield and the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.
>7/6

There's this guy.
>>
>>53895237
What, no flash and double strike? Psh whatever.
>>
>>53895277
Honestly, for a casual jank leggo that's obvious EDH fodder I think the guy is alright, you ramp into him and ram a dude for free dinos so you got your manas worth out of him, sure that might not work in actually competitive metas but I don't play in those because they don't let me use my T-Rex.
>>
>>53895237
Oh hey lookit this.
The tyrannosaur is mostly scaled, with feathers only on the tip of its tail and the back of its head and neck...and it looks like the arms as well.
It's less feathered than >>53887941
>>
Do you think there's going to be some warrior tribal support? Ahmonket has an awful lot of RG warrior to make me think they're just there for flavor.
>>
>>53895348
Haste+Trample really helps sell him since while he might not get you value on resolution you're unlikely to be totally denied flips if you resolve him. 7 power is also a magic number to kill with commander damage, and naya gives you a LOT of toys.

I kind of love that he's this big dumb Timmy commander but there are actually a lot of lines of attack implied so you can play Timmy without playing *dumb*. If, from errata to old cards or Ixalan's additions, he gets some interesting Dinos to support him, it's going to be a really great commander.
>>
>>53895522
Probably with the Aztec Elf Dino Riders. I can't really see them being Soldiers, but we'll see.
>>
>>53895348
Nothing to do with power. Dinos are cool. Just some left over salt from the last abortion of a naya legend.
>>
> realism makes it a """"meme"""" set

k
>>
>>53893878
>I don't like it so it's not real science
>>
>>53895643
Obviously, Gishark isn't a speedster.
>>
It honestly says aometjhing whine tube only arguement anti-feather-fags have against the idea is that "it doesn't look cool."
Literally on the level of a 12 year old.
>>
>>53893726
No. They literally worshiped it.
Like, they performed the act of worship. Are you simple?

>>53893702
>No reptiles flies.

Explain this shit then faggot. Oh wait you can't. Atheists: 0, Central Mexican Folk Religion: 1
>>
>>53881564
Y'know they found a dinosaur tail that had feathers preserved in amber recently, right?
>>
Give me legendary wurm Quetzalcoatl or give me death.
>>
>>53897220
>Give me legendary wurm Quetzalcoatl or give me death.

>Natives worship dinosaur avatars
>No Wurms in sight

Well, that's one option out

>Vampire Catholics

I think it's fairly clear you get death. Enjoy!
>>
>>53897216
There's been feathered dino fossils coming out for ages, anyone that denies that dinosaurs had feathers is a deluded manchild by this point.
>>
>>53881564
>complaining about feathered dinosaurs
>In artwork that features a squidheaded pirate lady
Kek
>>
>>53897249
To be honest, pretty much everything I've ever wanted out of life has been Catholic Vampire Priests. RTR was a lot of fun.
>>
>>53897132
Why is he eating that guy again?
>>
>>53897263
It's pirate vraska, so a pirate gorgon, Ixalan so far looks really silly which I like.
>>
>>53897316
It's the Aztecs. There could be a million reasons.
>>
>>53885419
I love how you put pointless facts in your giant ball of lies in order to make it sound more believable.

Protip: Doing that makes what you're saying even more suspicious. If you're going to lie, be as vague as you can get away with. It's easier to believe because it gives your doubters less to pick apart, and it sometimes gives you the plausible deniability of it being a misunderstanding if you get caught out.
>>
File: Ancient Fug.jpg (196KB, 352x458px) Image search: [Google]
Ancient Fug.jpg
196KB, 352x458px
>>53897316
>>
>>53885419
That friend's name? Albert Einstein.
>>
>>53890988
>Snakes let's cover them in some fluffy down
Do... Do you know anything about the Aztecs? Literally feathered serpents are a particularly holy animal in their mythology.
>>
File: coelurosaur.jpg (279KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
coelurosaur.jpg
279KB, 1280x720px
>>53893374
>>53894111
>>53893926
The tail in the amber in only 1.4 inches long.
>>
File: couatl[1].jpg (81KB, 736x956px) Image search: [Google]
couatl[1].jpg
81KB, 736x956px
>>53890988
>And Snakes let's cover them in some fluffy down

What is this I don't even.
>>
>>53889951
Hold on to your butts
>>
>>53897448
>It's small ergo it doesn't exist.

An interesting debate tactic.
>>
File: jurassic park.gif (5MB, 500x271px) Image search: [Google]
jurassic park.gif
5MB, 500x271px
>>53897507
I'm just pointing out that the bugs in the amber are not that big. I'm not debating anything???
>>
>>53885419
so are your sjw bogeymen weak cucks that big internet alphas like you can roll all over or are they roving death cults that will flatten people for no reason?

Great consistency!
>>
>>53897605
You should have made it more clear by adding bugs to the argument.
>>
>>53885419
That's some stale pasta mate, you might want to try something fresher next time.
>>
>>53885189
I like the Pokemon one where it looks like a beard.

Or the one where it looks liem a headdress
>>
>>53885353
>niggers in my fantastical dinosaur pirate setting reeeeeeeeeeeee
It'll happen.
>>
>>53881887
>gender is oppressive
>so let's make a bunch more instead of just fucking getting rid of that shit
Bad solution to a real problem.
>>
So...what kind of dinosaurs do you think we'll see? I know of a triceratops, t-rex, and deinonychus, but are we going to get an stegosaurus? A brachiosarus? Maybe some ancient reptiles like a pteranodon or a magical liopleurodon?
>>
>>53887857
>already rock hard.jpg
>>
>>53898424
There's already a white pterosaur.
>>
>>53898140
I dont think theyre feather on tyruntrum, i think its just literally a beard. Never thought of that though.
>>
>>53898516
Oh, I didn't see that in the leaked photos. I will admit my squint vision isn't the best. Loving the idea to make a dinosaur tribal for my kitchen table group. Gishark looks like fun and it'll give me an excuse to disembowel my Naya deck and get new cards
>>
>>53898424
>>53898424
We have three horns, long necks, flyers, and sharpteeth big and small in known cards. I only hope we see at least one big mouth and spike tail

(Also, used the Land Before Time terminology because M:tG is only approximate so species names are kinda meaningless)
>>
File: kimallassunwing.jpg (23KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
kimallassunwing.jpg
23KB, 265x370px
>>53898584
It's a cute thing.

Kimalla's Sunwing
2W
Creature - Dinosaur
Flying

Creatures your opponent's control enter the battlefield tapped.
2/3
>>
>>53895237
Noooooooooooo cost 6 pleaaaaaaase
>>
>>53898924
>6 for a 7/6 trample/haste/vigilance that gets you multiple free creatures
>>
>>53898924
8 is still a pretty fair price foe a 7/6 hasty vigilant trampler that puts a dino friend or two onto the battlefield for free in commander which is certainly where hes meant for.
>>
File: MURDEROUS TURKEYS.jpg (201KB, 2000x1087px) Image search: [Google]
MURDEROUS TURKEYS.jpg
201KB, 2000x1087px
>>53881564
Fuck you, aztecs with dinosaurs is awesome.

>I'm going to put raptor claws in my macuahuitl and give a my stygimoloch a padded helmet studded with obsidian shards.

>Shit's going to be as fabulous as it is bloody. The not!Godzilla saurian god demands sacrifices to remain dormant and not fuck up everyone..

>>53888097 makes all the sense for his insight. Thanks anon, I didn't realize this association.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRiecAmGWHU
>>
>>53893702
Yeah, and there's no dudes living on Mount Olympus tossing lightning down
>>
>>53899052

Not to mention Naya is great for fixing and Ramp.
>>
Am i the only one viewing this as a One Piece set?
>Entire world of open oceans, unexplored islands and exotic magic.
>>
Feather dinosaurs look better and are more accurate. Only children think naked dinosaurs are "4w3som3", but sentiment and traditions always trump actual facts. It's the same butthurt as crying about Pluto, like it was some personal friend
>>
>>53901837
Yes you are, dumb animefaggot
>>
>>53895722
well, yeah, of course. Not sure why you felt the need to green text something so obvious, might as well of put

>the sky is blue
>>
>>53897216
obviously a fake planted by SJWs
>>
>>53901929
I just wannna set up a 5 colour pirate prison deck anon, lemme dream!!
>>
>>53897262
Wait, people unironically do this? I get why some asshats on 4chan pretend to be retarded, but you're telling me that people unironically deny the possibility of feathered dinos? To what end?
>>
>>53902148
To what end? 'Scales are cooler' is the only thing I've heard.
>>
>>53888097
This. Feathered dinosaurs make perfect sense in the context of the setting.
>>
>>53898424
Wasn't the Brachiosarus proven to not of existed, or am I thinking of another sauropod?
>>
>>53903901
I think that was the diplodocus?
>>
>>53881616
Totally equivalent.
Totally.
>>
>>53881616
Totally equivalent.
Totally.

Do you ever question what life decisions lead you to this point where youre trolling about dinosaur feathers to multiple genders on an Indonesian basket weaving forum?

Because you should.
>>
>>53895722
Well, it isn't, it's antipositivist post-modernist bullshit. The post modernists don't believe in fucking logic or reason, feels > reals is a very real postmodernist belief, the term is affective language when somebody is using "I FEEL like I'm black" rather than "I have this skin pigmentation therefore I'm black". And antipositivists believe the former is the only correct way about going about fucking """""scientific""""" study.

There is a very real divide here. I'm lucky to not have to deal with those retards that often, I'm in physics, but holy shit the few positivist social scientists I know are this close to shooting up their department.
>>
>>53903901
>>53903976
No, both of those were real dinos.
>>
>>53885302
Some students and the nuttier side of faculty have had weird ideas since the dawn of time. They didn't turn us all into commies in the 60's, swingers in the 70's, or hedgefund managers in the 80's and they won't destroy all gender identity or make us all gay now. Calm down
>>
>>53888723
I agree. Everyone who isn't politically correct on 4chan should be horribly murdered and publicly executed.
>>
>>53904147
Then what's the sauropod I'm thinking of, I know I heard somewhere that one of them was found to of just been two other sauropod skeletons that were found in the same hole or something. The Diplodocus perhaps?
>>
>>53904498
Think it was Brontosaurus but the thing was confirmed real if my googlefu isn't wrong.
>>
>>53881842
As a 90's kid, I remember wondering why exactly Pluto was considered a planet when I was first taught about the solar system.
>>
>>53881616
this isn't even an argument

the article itself didn't even claim that dinosaurs didn't have feathers it just shed light on the areas of the body that didn't have them. Did you even read the article?
>>53881904
> while birds are descended from theropod dinosaurs, saying that is like saying mammals are surviving synapsids
they are though? that's how taxonomy works.

fuck the education system is failing so many people, and that's not even an insult it's an apology.
>>
>>53885189
the problem with this is alot of people disagree because "they look bad" is subjective if you want a giant scaly reptile in a fantasy game just use a dragon, that is LITERALLY what they are for
>>
>>53904990
>fuck the education system is failing so many people, and that's not even an insult it's an apology.
I concur with you. It's sad to see, and I fear it's only going to get worse as time goes on.
>>
just to piss you nerds off some more, scientists say that trex had lips, big kissable lips
>>
File: download (1).jpg (9KB, 286x176px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
9KB, 286x176px
>>53905149
and to unpiss you off, trex feathers were more like hair, and if you think things with hair are too goofy looking to be cool I don't know what to tell you
>>
>>53905149
I WANT TO SMOOCH MR. T!
>>
>>53904828
>>53904498
Brontosaurus, and the original discoverer is being vindicated again. A good example of how scientists can have their heads so firmly up their asses you need a crowbar to shake 'em loose.
>>
File: 8613879362y.jpg (43KB, 450x630px) Image search: [Google]
8613879362y.jpg
43KB, 450x630px
>>53905167
he's a handsome boy
>>
>>53905165
to add to this why do normies think the only bird in existence is the domestic chicken, and artists the only macaws exist? like surely these people see a wide range of birds daily and chances are the birds they see are neither chickens or macaws.
>>
>>53885740
Wut? I knew about deinonychus being a thing before Jurassic Park was even around.
>>
>>53886904
>let's just put these modern bird feathers on a millions of years old creature
I like feathers on dinosaurs, but at least be creative.
>>
>>53901673
You can't prove that.
>>
File: laughing obi wan.gif (967KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
laughing obi wan.gif
967KB, 500x281px
>>53904295
>want to make fun of specifc people for only dealing in extremes
>deals in extremes
>>
>>53904295
>>53905588
yo spergs he said mauled by a cassowary to reference the fact that they are often considered "dinosaur birds", he is clearly not being serious, but memeing. the fact that you can't tell probably means you shouldn't be in this thread.
Thread posts: 210
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.