[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What systems do you use for post-apocalyptic games, /tg/? Looking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1496613513888.jpg (119KB, 680x952px) Image search: [Google]
1496613513888.jpg
119KB, 680x952px
What systems do you use for post-apocalyptic games, /tg/? Looking for something good
>>
Savage Worlds.
>>
>>53876250
Apocalypse World works really well so long as your GM knows how to keep the pressure on.
>>
>>53876348
>>53876391
I'll look into these. Anybody know any others? I'm sort of looking for inspiration, too, so if you can recommend novels or post images that'd be pretty great.
>>
File: GURPS.jpg (78KB, 706x426px) Image search: [Google]
GURPS.jpg
78KB, 706x426px
>>53876250
>>
>>53876250
Basic RolePlaying
>>
GURPS After the End is very good for this niche.
>>
>>53877301
More so than BRP, I use M-space. Take away the access to tech, add the RQ6 guns as options, and the result is a very nice Fallout System.
>>
>>53876609
For fiction, I'd recommend;
Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel, more focus on relationships during and after the epidemic, and a traveling band of actors 15 years later.

Metro 2033 by Dmitry Glukhovsky. Reread this a while back, and it wasn't as good as I remembered it, but a few decades after a nuclear fallout, thousands of people live in the Moscow Metro. Dark, long tunnels and the mutants that crawl their shadows.

Stand Still, Stay Silent by Minna Sundberg, a webcomic which takes place in the Nordic countries 90 years after the epidemic. Society fights on, and some are willing to take great risks to explore the world outside the small safe zones. North magic and spirits and a lot of good worldbuilding.
http://www.sssscomic.com/comic.php?page=1
>>
I'm not an expert, but I do tend to fancy post apocalyptic genres more than the others, and I find there are a few different factors to consider.

10, 100, or 1000 years after the event?
Gonzo (crazy mutations) or no?
Zombies or no?
Military simulation or fast, furious fun?
>>
>>53876250
GURPS + After the End = Fallout, anything zombie ever, Desert Punk, Stalker, Metro 2033, Mad Max, Now and Then Here and There, etc.
>>
>>53876250
I used GURPS for mine. Afther the end with some work really made a fun game. I accidentally just ripped off terminator without seeing it, which was alright because my players made me watch it then we just went with it being terminator.
>>
>>53876250
I'm fond of Degenesis myself. Only game I know of where you can have WW1 Germans, Techpriests, Vikings, and /k/ommando innawoods survivalists fighting together against Russian Wuxia zombies and supersoldiers powered by memes.
>>
>>53876250
If you love gonzo full of cyborgs, mutants, and kitchen sink post apoc, then try mutant epoch. The system has quite a few flaws, but there's a lot of fun to be had, even in character creation.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.