[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what evolutionary advantage/disadvantage would minimal sexual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 197
Thread images: 31

File: smuff.png (383KB, 900x563px) Image search: [Google]
smuff.png
383KB, 900x563px
what evolutionary advantage/disadvantage would minimal sexual dimorphism have on a certain race?
>>
File: FirewardenWylandKaslinth.jpg (216KB, 1131x895px) Image search: [Google]
FirewardenWylandKaslinth.jpg
216KB, 1131x895px
Reminder that this is not how blood elves look.

Just saying.
>>
>>53875183
Maybe not in your setting.
>>
Disadvantage: it takes longer for the animal to find a mate, since they will sometimes mistakenly court one that is of the wrong gender. (This actually happens in real life with some species. It should not be mistaken for homosexual activity; it isn't trying to fuck another male because it likes males, but because it does not realise that it is male).

Advantage: the traits might be optimal for the environment. For example, if both the male and the female bird have the same mottled-brown plumage, it may be because the advantage from the camouflage is greater than the advantage from having different plumage.

Evolution is nonsense, however, so you shouldn't worry about it.
>>
File: 6877485073.jpg (480KB, 2096x2374px) Image search: [Google]
6877485073.jpg
480KB, 2096x2374px
>>53875183
I enjoy Blood Elves for their strange faces, but I still see TES Dunmer as the epitome of cool alien looking elves.
>>
You just wanted to make a thread about fucking cute female elves and female (male) elves didn't you OP?
>>
>>53875092
Well the male elf here has signs of neoteny (shorter, more childish facial features, less developed nose, rounder eyes) so we can perhaps assume that, like domestic cats, male elves in this elf society have evolved to be desirable based on how cute or 'petlike' they are. It's probably a matriarchy which has existed for enough time to actually impact elf evolution (actually possible given elf lifespans and typical social stagnancy) where male elves basically exist for entertainment purposes.
>>
bonus question

how will the social interaction will change? will equality or even matriarchy be a thing among said race ?
>>53875345
nope, not today
>>
>>53875401
How do you explain extreme tallness of Elves and seemingly smaller muscle mass than humans? Where would that be beneficial?
>>
>>53875443

They're arboreal?
>>
>>53875326
He means that male blood elves are manlier than most people give them credit for.
>>
>>53875326
Lol benis :DD
>>
>>53875443

The tallness is useful for reaching more distant branches, and having less mass makes it easier to climb. Have you ever seen a trained human child on a rockwall? They can do it better than adults, despite their lower strength and coordination, simply because they are lighter.
>>
>>53875443
I dunno man I can only see the faces from the image in the OP.

I don't know of many settings where elves are actually weaker than humans (in D&D it's usually constitution that's deficient, not strength, and I think elves are shorter than humans there quite often too). But humans are themselves pretty weak vs. animals, we don't have muscles adapted for strength.
>>
>>53875345
Probably, because we hadn't had enough elf bait threads causing all kinds of shit today.
>>
>>53875539
I believe that lack of constitution is supposed to represent smaller muscle mass and maybe even weaker bones while str and dex being comparable to that of humans is because they are lighter but still have stronger muscles than a human of comparable weight would have and therefor can pull themselves up easier/are faster etc.
I dunno if I'm talking bull, I'm no expert
>>
>>53875581
did i miss something?
>>
>>53875602
I see that being touted for Eldar in 40k a fair bit. I think it comes from that Xenology book.
>>
>>53875621
someone mad a thread wit only
>elves are
in the op. People then made that kind of thread for other races all day now.
>>
>>53875602
Maybe elves have much more stable genetics meaning in the long-term their bodies don't degrade anything like as quickly, or their cells successfully refresh for much longer periods of time, but they also don't adapt as rapidly or heal as rapidly as humans do. Like a cut or a toxin has a bigger impact on them, but they develop cancers and age-related disorders at a vastly reduced rate.
>>
>>53875650
i see

still fap bait shit wasn't my intention, the idea suddenly came up to me for some reason.
>>
Using the men as decoys for sexual predators to keep the women safe.
>>
>>53875401
>tfw a fucking elf creeps up to your fire because it smells food
>tfw you feed it for some reason just because it looks cute
>>
they'd be a pair-bonding species rather than a tournament species, doesn't really seem to be either a big advantage or disadvantage. if you have their females be larger and stronger than human females then that might be an advantage in war, maybe? also there would probably be knock-on effects on their social structure, but that could go in all sorts of different directions.
>>
>>53875092
Given that runaway sexual selection can lead to actively harmful adaptations being selected for, you don't actually need a trait to have specific advantages.

In this case, it would simply be that sexual selection in both sexes prioritizes the same physical traits.
>>
>>53875215
>It should not be mistaken for homosexual activity; it isn't trying to fuck another male because it likes males, but because it does not realise that it is male
Let's not pretend that there aren't shitload of animals who can and will knowingly have gay sex, though.
>>
File: hehehehehehehehehehe.jpg (52KB, 638x359px) Image search: [Google]
hehehehehehehehehehe.jpg
52KB, 638x359px
>>53875745
WHERE ARE THE ELVEN MEN!
>>
>>53875873
Wouldn't that mean lots of homosexuality though?
>>
>>53875215
>male elves are more likely to try and reproduce with male humans than with females
>>
>>53875516
lol indeed my friend, lol indeed
>>
>>53876874
>>53875215
>>
>>53875443
How do you explain extreme tallness of Humans and seemingly smaller muscle mass than neanderthals? Where would that be beneficial?
>>
>>53875092
Concept is cute but it would be better if the male was feminine looking but still vaguely male looking rather than looking like a baby faced version od the female
Altough a gender specific neoteny is an interresting explanation of why males look so much like females >>53875401
>>
>>53875516
Quality post.
>>
>>53875092
What if it is the case of humans and the other near-human fantasy races have a far stronger sexual dimorphism?
>>
>>53877863
so stronk male and female, right?

i think there would be more infighting to assure dominance.

orcs but on steroids perhaps?
>>
>>53876874
>>53877769
More like bisexuality, either way it would be fine since they live so long.
>>
File: jess.jpg (87KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
jess.jpg
87KB, 800x600px
>>53875092
Sexual dimorphism is typically the result of sexual selection, not natural selection. i.e., these traits are selected based not on fitness or environmental factors, but rather by what the opposite genders find attractive.

Minimal difference between males and females likely wouldnt cause too significant an impact. intense differences can actually become detrimental, however.
pic related. Female stalk eyed flies want to fuck the flies with the longest eye stocks, to the point where males have difficulty flying. this is mitigated by normal natural selection, where males with eyestalks TOO long are selected against through environmental factors.

Other factors could arise in the presence of other sapient races, however. Say for example, if humans are at war with elves, and tend to have reservations against harming females, the elves androgyny could play into their advantage
>>
>>53879874
rape really is better than flirting
>>
>>53880272
Now see, thats where it gets interesting
In species where rape is common, you end up with males and females more or less in an evolutionary arms race against eachother, males evolving more aggressive means of copulation, and females evolving ways to prevent undesirable males from siring offspring.

Ducks are a big example of this. Male ducks have explosive, corckscrew penises that will actually seek out the females vagina. Meanwhile, female fucks have evolved vaginas with maze-like inner workings and dead ends to thrwart overly aggressive mating attempts.
I'd post a picture but I dont know what /tg/s policy on animal genitalia is, but goddamn its terrifying.
>>
>>53880343
everyone knows about ducks and their whacky dicks
>>
>>
>>53875092
Read Left Hand of Darkness by LeGuin
>>
>>53875401
Elf lifespan would actually slow the impact of evolution. Short lived creatures are the ones that change more rapidly
>>
>>53875602
Stronger muscles would by default require stronger bones.
>>
>>53875401
Let's be honest. They're both fucking adorable.

That could be an evolutionary advantage when dealing with other races. Humans are more likely to protect their elves if said elves are fucking adorable. Then, given the human propensity for being sluts some of that rubs off on the elves so the elves that have spent the most time around humans are the ones more likely to make more elves.

They're cute but they're both foul-mouthed problem children of their race.

and both of them have tried human dick at least once
>>
File: races.png (824KB, 938x960px) Image search: [Google]
races.png
824KB, 938x960px
>>53877863
They already do that.
>>
>>53881331
Stick to ERP friend.
>>
>>53881641
heh
>>
Please don't bump the thread if you don't have anything to contribute.
>>
>>53883775
I have gay elves?
>>
>>53883900
>2 Bros can't hold hands and get ice cream together anymore

This is the problem with societies sex obsession these days

I can't out on my boyshorts with the sick ass bulge and take my bros arm and deepthroat popsicles without people thinking we're homo.
>>
>>53875092
Well, it makes it harder for predator species to target the mother or father respectively which could provide protection depending on the power dymorphism. As an aside, it could be a useless or negative trait that accidentally got kept because nothing was able to pressure it out of their dna
>>
>>53883990
>wearing clothes at all
>>
>>53883900
>>>/aco/
>>
File: sdsdd.png (590KB, 539x469px) Image search: [Google]
sdsdd.png
590KB, 539x469px
>>53875092
>>
>>53884040
Bro if I don't wear shorts how will I show off my sick ass bulge

It's like dude cleavage

Bitches titties get saggy without support it's the same for your balls
>>
>>53875092
-5 trap detection
>>
>>53883900
Is there more by this guy? his name gives jack shit on google.
>>
>>53884065
Are BEs still like 70% of the horde?
>>
>>53875092
When orcs raid they have 50/50 chance of stealing a male elf so they can't breed
>>
File: 23322.jpg (52KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
23322.jpg
52KB, 400x400px
>>53884923
sadly yes.
I'm a huge fan of the blood elves since their survival efforts on the campaign of froze throne but lorewise they should be the horde race with less population.
>>
File: 1439764276531.jpg (137KB, 491x700px) Image search: [Google]
1439764276531.jpg
137KB, 491x700px
>>53885121
>they have 50/50 chance of stealing a male elf so they can't breed
>so they can't breed
Are you sure about that?
>>
>>53885581
so it's a win-win situation for orkz in that case.
Wonder if orkz/elves are subjected to wolf/hare model(just on more sexual level)
>>
>>53885920
But hares are supposed to reproduce rapidly. Is this why elves are lewd?
>>
>>53885974
depends, original model works as predator/prey model, dunno if you can apply it to sexual predatory, but it would go like this:
1.elves reproduce normally
2.orkz steal elves so they can reproduce
3.population of elves decreases
4.orkz have nothing to steal
5.orkz population decreases
did i mention orkz are fucking idiots because they can also breed with one another
6.less stealings
7.elves population increases
goto 2

Tho, i sorta think it would work better for something with faster reproduction cycle
>>
>>53886029
Yes, orcs are savages that constantly die in stupid fights. Elves barely reproduce
>>
>>53875092
They would spend a lot less time and energy bitching over sexual social roles than humans
Social groups would be less sexually segregated and society would be more cohesive on the whole
I think it'd be pretty great. People wouldn't be able to default to their sex as a cornerstone of their identity, so they'd have to put more effort into building one using cooler ideas. People would generalize their concepts of each other a lot less, too, because there are less characteristics to use as a basis for generalization. Empathy would increase because you're more likely to see yourself in others.
>>
>>53886058
both races would die out then, cause orkz would die out before elves could repopulate their domain.
Elves would die too(because they'd overflow the environment), or at least were kept on some stable level(cause they'd hit some kind of ceiling)
>>
>>53886116
Except reproduction would be so slow that their technology will allow them to improve space efficiency faster than they can consume it, hares dont do technology.
>>
File: dimorphism_UDUx161.jpg (219KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
dimorphism_UDUx161.jpg
219KB, 760x596px
>>53881641
>>
>>53886144
i see why this model falls apart when applied to animals capable of thought.
>>
>>53886179
why start a hare/wolf analogy when the hares do not rapidly reproduce and are intelligent creatures.
>>
>>53886230
because i took a break from preparing to exams and don't really thing straight
>>
>>53886247
Im preparing for the exams right now and in 4 hours I have my first one Im fucked and I noticed your mistake immediately.
>>
>>53886274
i am not very bright, can't even really excuse myself, because it was a mistake in reasoning. What are you preparing for?
>>
>>53875092
The "male" there looks cuter than the female.
>>
>>53885495
Lorewise they are the horde race with the least population
>>
>>53886314
macromolecular chemistry. Have to memorise and derive a lot of formulae and do calculations with them.
>>
>>53877821
Better efficiency when traveling long distances.
>>
>>53886333
awww, we will have something vaguely similar in the next year, only from more biochemical standpoint. Though, it will be completly different most likely, cause we will calculate a lot less and focus mostly on "how"
>>
>>53886388
All lectures were purely about how and why it happened, then the exams are just calculations on how much water you have to remove if you want to make a polyester.

>biochemical
Disgusting monodisperse polymer faggots
>>
>>53886421
ara ara guess you arent ready for TRUE fun-stuff
>>
>>53886088
Also as a downside reproduction would slow a lot, I'd imagine, because someone looking like/behaving like an ideal model of their sex would no longer be enough to justify getting married and having kids and the like. People would be more inclined towards reproducing with those that they know on a more intimate level, because they'd expect to be able to understand their partner rather than not (as an example, you can't write off "the wife" doing too much shopping because as her just being a woman and as a behavior you could never understand because you are fundamentally different from her, instead the behavior would receive a lot more scrutiny)

People would be a lot pickier, I think.
>>
>>53875521
> Have you ever seen a trained human child on a rockwall? They can do it better than adults, despite their lower strength and coordination, simply because they are lighter.
This made me think about my youth
Climbing in trees was so much easier back then
>>
>>53886147
Came here to post that.
>>
>>53886358
tell that to darksun elves
>>
>>53886641
>because someone looking like/behaving like an ideal model of their sex would no longer be enough to justify getting married and having kids and the like
Behavior would still be relevant, as would wealth, status, achievements, etc. Intimacy would still never be a necessary reason to marry
>>
>>53875092
They would be a lot more attractice because sexual dimorphism prevents the optimization of beauty through sexual selection of physical attractiveness as too many genes good for the physical appareance for one sex but bad for the other are rarely tied to one gender.
It can be something obvious like a woman inheriting a manjaw from her father with an attractive (for a man) jaw but there is a lot of more subtle intergerational and crossgender genetic dynamics meaning a bloodline can't stay very attractive for a long time.

Also they would be either a lot taller OR a lot shorter than humans as the gene responsible for the production of growth hormone comes from the father while the one regulating it comes from the mother.
Males have an interest in being taller and bigger than females and other males, while females have an interest in their babies not being too big for them to safely give birth.
With a very low sexual dimorphism, they will either produce a lot of growth hormone or very little of if as there isn't evolutive conflict between males and females.
So they are either inhumanly beautiful and tall or short and is still as pretty.
>>
>>53875092
Sexual dimorphism exists for specialization, thus will arise with animals who live in groups and not arise for solitary animals.

That's probably about it. Those who are communal would like have males and females grow differently to satisfy different roles. Solitary animals who will only meet to mate and split again would have to be optimized to fend for themselves.
>>
>>53887458
There are plenty of social monkeys with low sexual dimorphism though.
>>
Anthropologically, inside from each member of the species being essentially equal, it encourages sexual monogamy and mate pairing that lasts till death. Thus, with the lifespan of elves, you have a singular mating pair producing offspring for an extremely long time
>>
>>53875326
Everything in TES games looks alien. Bethesda just cannot into faces.
>>
>>53887558
I never said everyone will go one road or another. Evolution doesn't produce best, only good enough.
>>
File: rf aku topper kek.png (252KB, 610x601px) Image search: [Google]
rf aku topper kek.png
252KB, 610x601px
>>53880524
>Female elves have larger penises than males
>>
>>53886321
See>>53875401
>>
>>53875899
>Let's not pretend that there aren't shitload of animals who can and will knowingly have gay sex, though.

Not exclusively.
>>
>>53877821
Neanderthals couldn't throw spears as effectively.
>>
File: dunmer concept01.jpg (70KB, 398x602px) Image search: [Google]
dunmer concept01.jpg
70KB, 398x602px
>>53887672
Except this is not graphics, but concept art.
>>
>>53881666
Satan gives the right answer.
>>
>>53887458
I don't know about, spiders come in mind. They are usually solitary and frequently have high sexual dimorphism.
Hell, I think the rare social spiders (aka the most horrifying ones) have the lowest sexual dimorphism. But I may be wrong about that.
>>
>>53887727
Congratulations. Now go back to whatever shithole you are from.
>>
File: tumblr_m587emIYMy1ru71nzo1_500.png (364KB, 500x654px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m587emIYMy1ru71nzo1_500.png
364KB, 500x654px
Discworld's Dwarfs had a complete lack of sexual dimorphism, so I imagine you could apply a lot of what Pratchett did with them to a hypothetical non-dimorphic elven race.

Most notably, the dating process becomes a long and involved affair where each side is attempting to tactfully deduce the physical sex of the other. They do not consider their culture or themselves masculine or feminine, but rather non-gendered, and their language, behaviors, and customs reflect that. One's physical sex is a private affair meant only for the bedroom and coming out as male or female is like coming out as gay in a conservative society.

When Discworld Dwarfs intermingle with non-dwarfs, such as in the big city, some of them end up getting strange ideas regarding gender expression from the humans and start to develop a desire to express their gender openly. This is considered aberrant behavior by more traditionally minded members of the race. Pic related is a discworld city-dwarf embracing her femininity - note the perfume, high heeled boots and lipstick. Amusingly, like with most aspects of dwarf behavior, the dwarf's physical sex does not actually factor into their desire to adopt feminine gender expression, and many of the city-dwarfs who express feminine are in fact male.
>>
File: Overlord.(Novel).full.1927637.jpg (673KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Overlord.(Novel).full.1927637.jpg
673KB, 750x1000px
>>53888256

So if you take an androgynous but largely feminine elven race, and run it along the same lines, you basically end up with something that outside observers would identify as a kind of amazonian, mono-gendered race. Their culture and behavior wouldn't be considered masculine, but it wouldn't necessarily be considered feminine either, as they'd still be doing all the hunting, soldiering and heavy lifting required of a society.

The long lived elves would likely spend decades in relationship after relationship trying to find a mate of the opposite gender, though the less-conservative culture of the elves would probably result in a greater amount of homosexual behavior along the way. It could be, for example, rude amongst elves to talk about one's physical sex, as elves are supposed to want to be judged in a relationship based on their personalities, not their bodies, and besides, a long string of homosexual relationships builds character.

An elf that advertises their gender openly may be seen as desperate to procreate, and thus may be subject to shaming from the community. This is why more traditional elves tend to think of humans as lecherous, slutty, and easy, and is likely also the reason for the prevalence of half-elfs.

City elves, who get weird ideas of gender from the humans, may attempt to swing to either of the gender extremes, adopting behaviors and modes of dress that are either distinctly feminine or distinctly masculine, regardless of their actual sex. Imagine pic related as a pair of city elves expressing the genders that they have chosen to express, despite it being at odds with their physical sex. Of course, given their long life and flighty nature, it would not necessarily be uncommon for city-elves to swing from one end of the gender spectrum to the other over the course of their life, trying new things and seeing what works best for them.
>>
>>53875092
>Advantage: Everyone can fight
>Disadvantage: Everyone can fight
>>
>>53875092
>>53875183
>>53875401
>>53881331
>>53881666
>>53887969
Some re-interpretation inspired by these posts.

>Ctillian's "Marginalia" devotes several chapters (xlvi - xlix) to the years he spent among the elves of the Calamine Isles, commonly known as "Elves of the Blood". Ctillian attributes this name to the elves' rigorous enforcement of a complicated and massive clan-based genealogy, and their extreme distaste for any deviation from it. One of the more outrageous claims he makes is that on the Calamine Isles, bastard children are raised locked in boxes to produce misbegotten midgets employed as thieves, acrobats and jesters. Nonetheless Ctillian attributes a kind of logic to the elves' strange laws: their race, he says, is uncommonly vulnerable to the seed of others. Interracial couplings almost inevitably produce children, and most halfbreed children are crippled by mutation and deformity.

>Much of the text of these chapters is devoted to Ctillian's division of male elves into two distinct subtypes, which he refers to as "Ridged" and "Unridged" elves. The "Ridged" elf will be familiar to any who've traded on Blood Isle; tall and imposing with pointed features: brow, cheeks, chin, nose and ears. Imagine an elongated human skull with the bones pressed out at sharp angles. These elves are covered largely in passing. The bulk of Ctillian's attention is on the "Unridged" elf - an almost polar opposite with smooth rounded features, large eyes, and amazingly soft and pliable bodies. Ctillian comments on the almost supernatural femininity of these elves, who are actually male, claiming that it is impossible to distinguish them from the opposite sex without considerable inspection. Among the many, many pages Ctillian devotes to the qualities both physical and mental ("an alluring, mischievous adventurousness") of the "Unridged" elf he proposes a theory:

(cont)
>>
>>53889191
>>Ctillian's notion is that the "Unridged" elf is a kind of natural stopgap for the attentions of other races: that anyone who wishes to mate with a Calamine elf will find the soft males so indistinguishable from the females, so equivalently attractive, and so much more open and flirtatious to outside attention that they will inevitably end up bedding an "Unridged" elf instead. In this way the "Unridged" elves form an essential societal function of protecting the purity and health of the next generation. Further exploration of this topic is sadly limited by the lack of information on female elves of the blood in "Marginalia" - indeed, Ctiliian scarcely mentions them.
>>
>>53884860
the filename looks like its from deviant art.
And indeed it is: http://weremole.deviantart.com/
>>
This entire thread is so deeply my magical realm that I genuinely feel a bit uncomfortable.
>>
File: elf respect.gif (4MB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
elf respect.gif
4MB, 600x450px
>>53889191
>>53889213
i kek'd
>>
>>53889721
Because it's more pleasant to the viewer. Much less people want to see the tentacles BE raped. I mean, outside of here.
>>
>>53886147
>bloobly chicks you wouldn't fuck
>implying
>>
>>53875092
I guess if there's other races around, and these other races don't want to hurt women, you have an advantage as a race.
>>
>>53880343

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k01DIVDJlY
>>
>>53875443
Maybe they didn't have real enemies for thousands of years and so sexual attractiveness as defined by their peaceful culture became the main factor. Since they live a long time their culture prolly takes a very long time to change.
>>
>>53880343
>female fucks
>>
>>53875092
Advantage: we would agree to fuck no matter the sex.
Disadvantage: technical bestiality ensue.

Advantage: no sexism
Disadvantage: which means no sandwich.

Advantage: girls topless
Disadvantage: men in strings.

Advantage: everyone is better conserved
Disadvantage: are you sure you're 18? Sure?

Advantage: other species will be more able to reproduce because...
Disadvantage: ... of the lack of reproduction of this species
>>
>>53889571
Just embrace it anon
>>
>>53875092
Bonobo style social system. They are generally very peaceful, and solve all issues with sex/intimacy.

This would make sense with some elves as described, because look at how much they seem to fuck humans and other races. I mean, they can defend themselves, but they really prefer to settle differences and interact with sex.

(Bonobos do have moderate dimorphism of course. Males have about 20 pounds on females, which is pretty big considering their overall average weight, but it's not massive. One might assume a civilized race would gravitate towards less, or potentially could.)
>>
>>53875092
It looks like these elves have opted for the bonobo strategy

>minimal sexual exclusivity
>polyamory, group child rearing
>sex as a social lubricant
>evolutionary pressure towards being attractive to everyone
>pansexuality

Doesn't really fit with the stock elf tropes from fantasy. Like pre-fall Aeldari without the murderfucking
>>
Post more cute elves (male)
>>
>>53879874
>Sexual dimorphism is typically the result of sexual selection, not natural selection.

This^^

Animals with minimal secondary sexual characteristics, like certain species of birds, are that way because they are truly monogamous. It's exceptionally rare in mammals, who likely adapted that way early in their history because of shorter longevity and competition for mates.
>>
>>53883900
I'm only offended by the tattoos in the red head, fucking gross.
>>
>>53875904
Well memed my friend
>>
>>53888256

God I hate Patchett's shitty meme dwarves.
>>
>>53890982
>/pol/ is basically right.
>>
>>53875092
This is the ideal male body. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.
>>
>>53891070
>shitting on Pratchett
Stop to pretend to like things just because it's popular.
>>
File: okay.jpg (86KB, 500x628px) Image search: [Google]
okay.jpg
86KB, 500x628px
>>53891070
>>
>>53891094
*to not like things
>>
>>53890982
>90% of what people know about monogamous animals is wrong
>parroting the usual tropes
Uh huh. because science is hard.
>>
>>53891094
>>53891115

>implying people don't like discworld because it's popular
>>
File: weremole 1484505167666.jpg (323KB, 661x935px) Image search: [Google]
weremole 1484505167666.jpg
323KB, 661x935px
>>53883900
They a cute.

CUTE!
>>
>>53888256
I remember one book had a subplot with this human bimbo that got famous modeling dwarven armor. She wore a fake beard.
>>
>>53891123
Who hurt you, anon?

How big was her bull?
>>
>>53891154
post more
>>
>>53877016

Could be the other way around.
>>
>>53891074
>people still don't believe in sexual selection

/pol/ is a cesspit of humanity but they can eventually get something right.

Men are only bigger than Women because Women like big Men.
They are the selecting sex, the down side of being able to constantly reproduce regardless of environmental pressure is that you are more inept to deal with problems than the selected sex because of millions of years of genetic selection.

My advise is to marry later in life with a younger woman, because you have the intellect and financial stability and she has the physical health to bare children (win-win).
>>
>>53875521
>>53875521
from what we know about apes and hominidae, wether they are extinct or not, it is the reverse actually
the tall and relatively slender bodies came up with the upright bipedal standing, while other apes kept a shortstack body, with strong arms strenght
so elves would be more adpated for running
or adapted to vaccum space
>>
>>53891393
>Men are only bigger than Women because Women like big Men.
Well, but isn't there an evolutionary reason why women like men? I'd imagine having a partner that can protect you during pregnancy and later is important. Well, was important. Women who were not sufficiently defended probably died more often, reducing the problem somewhat to natural selection again.
Obviously just guesswork on my part.
>>
File: 1490721484430.png (32KB, 1172x675px) Image search: [Google]
1490721484430.png
32KB, 1172x675px
>>53875092
The primary threat to elves is rape, male elves looking like girls is a good defense against this because half the elves you rape would be men and that would be gay.
>>
>>53890982
>>53891553
>>53891393
Size in general is related to sexual selection. Most humans like bigger humans. Men are bigger than women because women basically stop getting larger when they begin estrus. Women who, for some reason, never get a period are usually a good bit taller than their peers.
>>
>>53875183
Those fucking eyebrows, what retard thought that was a good idea?
>>
>>53891166
Unseen Academicals
>>
File: 1497132804196.png (6KB, 419x249px) Image search: [Google]
1497132804196.png
6KB, 419x249px
>>53875326
>>
>>53894189
Shit I didn't even notice.
>>
>>53875521
>being taller is useful
>except when it is isn't

Show me a kid who can beat this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBi22AKvsK0
>>
>>53890363
>Disadvantage: men in strings.
We are talking about elves, elves with very little or no sexual dimorphism so I don't see how is this a disadvantage. You probably won't even notice that is a male until too late.

That or:
>Advantage: we would agree to fuck no matter the sex.
>>
>>53891154
You know... This would be a fantastic way to sort out drow problems. Just head down to the Underdark, scoop up all the adorable drow boys, and take them home with us.

I get that they're evil and shit but what are they going to do? Overthrow shit? As soon as their exes hear that they tried to ditch their new husbands they'll march right up there and spider everything up again.

They'll try it MAYBE once before realizing that holy shit drow women are insane. Then we all get adorable femmy drow while the ladies murderfuck each other to death (also, anyone who wants in on that can go down there since I'm sure they'd be willing to murderfuck a human guy to death at that point)
>>
>>53893204
>Those fucking eyebrows, what retard thought that was a good idea?

What if elf eyebrows aren't actually eyebrows at all, but a kind of antennae similar to a moth's?
>>
>>53880343
>you end up with males and females more or less in an evolutionary arms race against eachother
How is that actually possible considering evolution is completely random and not even based on the understanding or will of the creature its changing?

Wouldn't it be that the ducks that can survive rape better/fight and be stronger aka counterrape than the male ducks would be the ones who plop out of the eggs? I mean evolution could also just not give any desirable traits at all and kill the entire species because thats how random it is, so I'm not complaining.
>>
>>53894899
They aren't? I always thought that was why they had good senses.
>>
>>53894474
those guys are like 5'3" and weigh probably 125 lbs

theyre heavily engaged in that weight ratio advantaging

and they're climbing an artificial surface, i.e. the holds are placed ideally for manlets
>>
>>53890656
>Bonobo style social system. They are generally very peaceful, and solve all issues with sex/intimacy.
But that's proven wrong long ago by the fact that the value of fucking goes down and the fact that the problem that angered the other/s is still there.

For instance, female cheated on a male, so the male acts like a good ape and goes to smash the kid to death. She presents herself. they fuck (causing the one who started this whole fued, the cuck ape, to go for the kid she shits out) and done, ape goes and kills her kid.

The myth of them solving all their problems was started because they fuck like rabbits and the virgin researchers legitimately thought that everyone gets to lose their virginity would solve all world problems.
>>
>>53890363
>Advantage: girls topless
>Disadvantage: men in strings.
Or would male elves wear tops?
>>
File: 1494458105179.jpg (53KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1494458105179.jpg
53KB, 900x900px
>>53895393
>Or would male elves wear tops?
>>
>>53895413
Well they certainly wouldn't be tops.
>>
I don't understand /tg/'s obsession with gay elves
>>
>>53896235
Perfectly angrodynous pretty boys get plenty of people's motors running.
>>
>>53896366
Trapfaggotry is a blight
>>
File: tr.jpg (171KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
tr.jpg
171KB, 700x700px
>>53896434
Only if its just drawing a boy and calling it a girl. Superior aesthetic is identifiably male while still having many feminine features. Pic related.

PS traps are gay and you'd be at least bi if you like them.
>>
>>53884065
Reminder that being Lor'themar is suffering.
>>
>>53896235
>>
File: 1493751550692.jpg (80KB, 480x580px) Image search: [Google]
1493751550692.jpg
80KB, 480x580px
This is a good thread.
>>
>>53886641
You forget that even in species especially humans, that a few individuals not being able to reproduce is not a hindrance to its continuation of a species. any species that is highly social and have complex social structures benefit more from kin selection. (merekats, dolphins, great apes, elephants, wolves and lions are some other great examples.) Basically being around to rear the children of family members actually helps pass along the genes for that entire kin group and species. also being unable to reproduce with your spouse has not stemmed human population in the slightest. Most often even in societies where there isn't conception aid, people would take multiple partners as in wives or husband, have someone else inseminate them) and of course in fantasy worlds.. There is magic.

If anything elf society that would enable this and not run into population problems would have societies that encourage polyamory, a society that has the "it takes a village" concept, very reclusive and tight knit family structures. Oh wait that's basically elves in fantasy settings.
>>
File: FUCK.jpg (47KB, 540x325px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK.jpg
47KB, 540x325px
>>53889985
>>
>>53875092
>female more manly than male
what
tolkien is disgusted
>>
File: longbrows.jpg (316KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
longbrows.jpg
316KB, 1024x683px
>>53893204
>>
>>53898660
But from the elves' standpoint you're the ones with females more manly than males.
>>
>>53896715
>PS traps are gay and you'd be at least bi if you like them.
Trap or no, Link is reason enough to be bi

>>53896366
I think there could be something more, like some resentment against those who conform with the modern aesthetics. Leading to make fun of them in every opportunity and enjoying when are depicted in, supposed, degrading and emasculating situations. Like male elfs being raped by orcs... or anything with a penis. There are a disturbing, and disgusting, quantity of hentai depicting ugly males (human or not) abusing of feminine looking boys.
>>
>>53881641
I can understand people getting upset over orcish and troll women for looking too human, but demons are literally creatures of sin.
Demons that are supposed to be fighting might or might not have female versions of themselves
If they have, maybe the females look indistinguishable from the males
Demons that are supposed to seduce mortals NEED to look attractive, most people wouldn't fuck some horny skull-goated muscular dude with chicken legs.
Although traditional incubus are ugly as fuck, there are depictions of Succubus being attractive looking females and Incubus being attractive looking males(although they are sometimes rather androgynous)
Hell, even with orcs and trolls you could just play the sexual dimorphism card
Look up Anzujaamu and the dude that plays the mountain in GOT
They're technically the same species, but the dude is 10 times her size and can lift 650kg over his head
I think troll women should at least have the fur and the rough skin going on. In WoW orc women at least have a fuckload of muscle, the only thing missing is the hunched back
>>
>>53901398
thats beyond the point
if i wanted to look at ugly,hairy hunchback women i'd go to a feminist march
its fantasy, its not supposed to be realistic
>>
>>53875092
>what evolutionary advantage/disadvantage would minimal sexual dimorphism have on a certain race?

Well they'd need some way to distinguish who had what genitalia. Like talking to each other. So they'd probably be more open about sex.

That or they'd just hyper-sensitive noticing different.... formations of noses or some shit.
>>
File: 217533671_TbUSk-2100x20000[1].jpg (944KB, 1948x976px) Image search: [Google]
217533671_TbUSk-2100x20000[1].jpg
944KB, 1948x976px
>>53901398

>most people wouldn't fuck some horny skull-goated muscular dude with chicken legs.
>>
>>53903642

For that matter do you have any idea how much R34 of capra demons is out there
>>
File: boner.png (13KB, 223x200px) Image search: [Google]
boner.png
13KB, 223x200px
>>53889191
>Nonetheless Ctillian attributes a kind of logic to the elves' strange laws: their race, he says, is uncommonly vulnerable to the seed of others. Interracial couplings almost inevitably produce children, and most halfbreed children are crippled by mutation and deformity.
>>
>>53889191

>Keep reading "unridged" as "underaged"
>>
>>53896235
Memes.
>>
>>53898830
Ugly men fuck everything in hentai. The japanese cant get off if someone isn't being degraded
>>
>>53891393
>Men are only bigger than Women because Women like big Men.
No, not from what I heard. Human men are bigger than human women likely as an inherent trait since before humans were humans.

Males being brawnier than females is a common pattern in mammals. It's because mammalian species tend to have a sexual pattern of harems, were a dominant male sexually hoards an assembly of females. Think lion prides. This causes an arms race among males where other wayward males come and challenge the local alpha for top control. The males keep getting bigger to fight other young males looking to steal their girls. It's a trade off if the extra resource requirements is worth it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHXB_IqJSNA

Humans, as I recall, are actually less sexually dimorphic then close ape cousins like chimps. Probably because humans are more each to a pair monogamous. So the effect has been regressing back, thought not completely.
>>
>>53894899
okay that's better
>>
>>53904815
Chimps are less sexually dimorphic than humans. Males are slightly larger, and females' asses swell up when in heat, but that's it. They don't have the perpetually swollen tits or hairy faces of humans, though I'm not sure how dimorphic their skeletons are in comparison to humans. I vaguely recall the reading hips of human females have to flare out more than other primates due to our upright posture, though I'm not terribly certain.

Chimps are individually pretty varied in facial appearance and skin tone like humans, and genetically they're far more diverse than humanity who seems to have had a serious inbreeding problem somewhere in our history, so maybe that's what you're thinking of.

As for mating practices, chimps are all sluts and everyone will mate with everyone else if possible; males will proposition any female in heat and females will mate with any male that propositions them. Dominant male chimps sort of try to isolate receptive females for themselves but have limited success. Bonobos are matriarchal so that shit doesn't fly at all. Humans have done everything under the sun depending on culture so it seems unwise to generalize us into "prone to monogamy". In all likelihood we were sluts like chimps in our early years before this whole agriculture business changed everything.
>>
>>53905088
>Chimps are individually pretty varied in facial appearance and skin tone like humans, and genetically they're far more diverse than humanity who seems to have had a serious inbreeding problem somewhere in our history, so maybe that's what you're thinking of.
IIRC correctly, it's not as much an inbreeding problem so much as the vast majority of humanity died out in a near-extinction event somewhere in the early stone age.
>>
>>53875326
Die, fetcher
>>
This is one of these thread that will be bumped to hell and back, right?
>>
>>53906287
Yes.
>>
File: weremole 1462417056231.jpg (53KB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
weremole 1462417056231.jpg
53KB, 500x294px
>>53891255
>>
>>53886088
So they would basically be a race of tumblrina genderfluid snowflakes?
>>
>>53906287
>only general threas have the right to get to the bump limit!
>>
>>53907849
Tumblirinas are generaly neurotic while what the guy are you play to is describing don't sounds bad at all.
>>
>>53875215

this is part of the reason I discourage the notion of transvestites
>>
>>53907869
>every thread needs to hit bump limit to be a huge success!
At some point everything is said and done, anon.
>>
>>53907356
CUTE
>>
>>53906287
No.
>>
>>53894917
Being able to choose your mate is an advantage. An offspring with an unsuitable mate produces shitty children that die out. Offspring with superior maters produces better children. Ducks with maze vaginas can produce better children thus more maze vaginas.
>>
>>53880272

Reminds me of the Darwin's Beetle.
>>
>>53883900

>gay elves

but you repeat yourself
Thread posts: 197
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.