[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shadowrun General - /srg/ - Home Sweet Home Edition.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 336
Thread images: 57

...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: ***********
>>>Enter Passcode: ****************
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to RunnerNet

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>53830013
>What’s_hot_in_the_world_of_matrix_avatars.news
>Azzie_executes_prisoners_with_Viscera_Web.trid
>New_space_colony_opens_at_Earth_L3.news

Home Sweet Home Edition - Describe the living conditions and neighborhood or area around where your character lives their life when not on the job.

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 3999 (2% Positive)
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Day_of_the_rake.BTL...

>Shoot Straight
>Conserve Ammo
>Never cut a deal with a dragon
>>
>>53865560
Daily reminder to always geek the mage first.
>>
File: post-7653-1404238585.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
post-7653-1404238585.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>53865560

My character lives in a truck with a slide in camper shell.

he was a retired criminal traveling around before he fell into shadowruning in Denver to make ends meet.

It's setup with chameleon coating, a grid link override, morphing license plates and run flat tires. Because traveling the divided states of America is dangerous enough even without enemies from the old days figuring out who you are.
>>
File: cyberpunk.jpg (601KB, 1749x2476px) Image search: [Google]
cyberpunk.jpg
601KB, 1749x2476px
>>53865560
>Describe the living conditions and neighborhood or area around where your character lives their life when not on the job.
My decker lives in Denver, PCC sector, in a modest (by his standards) pad when he's not crashing on a cot for his sleep regulated 3-hour power naps deep in the Denver Nexus datahaven mainframe terminal room. I say 'modest pad' because he took a big lifestyle drop when he got extracted from Boston and had his death staged so he could escape his Novatech megacorporate overlords. Turns out some things are more valuable than money to some folks even in the Sixth Age.
>>
File: 33512935_p0.jpg (1MB, 1534x2500px) Image search: [Google]
33512935_p0.jpg
1MB, 1534x2500px
>>53865591

Corollary: always take care of your mage, and they'll take care of you.
>>
How do you guys divy up loot? I'm the steet sam, and pretty much killed the entire lab last session while tanking three DRM shots that would've killed my teammates. I'm feeling a little gimped that I got the standard 1/5 of the job for it.

When do you all share equally, and when do you all give the hero of the run a higher cut? Do you ever demand a higher cut?
>>
>>53866045
Or they'll mind control you to take care of them.
>>
>>53866123
Equal cut all the time. Different cuts leads to arguments and arguments lead to bad feeling.
Sure you may have done the most work this time but there may be a run in the feature where you will do nothing and someone else will shine.You can not predict what will happen and what talents will be needed so you are paying for security. Share the loot, have their back and your team will do the same for you.
Also have not been tilted so much as when I read the comments in Street Grimoire and one of the shitposters was making arguments how mages should have bigger cuts than the rest of the team
>>
>>53864543
>[0 dice] means they can't succeed at (or even roll) a swim test without spending edge.
They could swim, badly, with any kind of gear or situational bonus. If you gave them floaties, a kickboard, or just some strength boosting drugs, they could swim.
>>
>>53866196
You should really baby your mage a little...Mages aren't as replaceable as the rest of the team. but other than that its dumb that anyone should have a bigger cut. You're a team for a reason. if you wanted a bigger share for doing more of the work you would be a merc or doing contract work.
>>
>>53865722
As for neighborhoods. That depends on where he's parking, right now I think it's a low-end-but-not-warzone-or-barrens type neighborhood near where his new running partners have their apartment. I tried to look up where in Denver that is on the city map the GM gave us but I can't find it.
>>
Still no State of the ADL pdf?
>>
>>53866417
>>53866196
>>53866123

Equal cuts. If someone steals something and someone on the team wants it for personal use (My team stole a Custom Look Minigun once, shit was cash) let them have it.

That said, it infuriates me to no end when non-augmented characters bring up how much money they have stashed with nothing to spend it on. Its money, you can get safehouses, upgrade the team's van, buy a fucking TacNet, roleplay meticulously laundering it to pay for your child's future/spending it on drugs and troll hookers. Just don't sit on it and complain about how much you have while the Street Sam or Rigger are saving up for new toys.
>>
>>53866123

Equal *after* maintenance and /reasonable/ ammunition expenses.

If I lose a fire support drone covering your ass and you don't die as a result, I expect that shit to be taken care of. Same with ammunition and used medical, as long as the people with guns aren't spraying APDS around like idiots.
>>
>>53866541
I once spent 15000 nuyen on a shitton of silver body glitter so i could dump it all over another runners house.
Like the entire thing was covered in it.
>>
>>53866558
Does shooting a mage with 60 rounds of APDS before he dies count as reasonable?
>>
>>53866575

Yes.

The fucker's a mage.
>>
>>53865560

Last night's session:

> Break into mental asylum to rescue HVT
> Super eerie, no one around
> Make it to our HVT
> PA system turns on, BBEG knows we were here all along, etc
> Party getaway driver hands off the HVT to party muscle, turns around and over the following rounds say
> "Take this guy and make like a Dodge and Scoot"
> "This situation sure GMC Escaladed"
> "We gotta sound like an Echo and Zip"
> "I'm the Dodge General, I'm in Command"
> "Make like an Esprit and Watch the hallway"
> "Your as broad as an Ares Mule"

Fucking rigger puns
>>
>>53865560
>living conditions & neighborhood
a low lifestyle trailer in a new orleans trailer park. a hell hound puppy lives in it. Ork mom with wanna be gang banger children next door, park is owned by a smuggler, neighbor is clearly high all the time, the other dead eyes everything because he's blind.
>>
>Describe the living conditions and neighborhood or area around where your character lives their life when not on the job.

It's a home doubling as a clinic, literally no furniture save for a couch where he sleeps. Right now the place around it is pretty bombed out, and controlled by militarized gangers. There's also a blood spirit living across the street in a forest that's somehow there.
>>
>>53866575
Yes, because it's a fucking mage. extreme force when dealing with enemy mages is not just encouraged, it's EXPECTED.
>>
File: neuromancer-zion.jpg (223KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
neuromancer-zion.jpg
223KB, 670x503px
Where is my Rastafarian space station?
>>
File: 1459326391937.webm (3MB, 864x480px) Image search: [Google]
1459326391937.webm
3MB, 864x480px
>>53867187
They can't afford one. They don't roll deep like Mormons do.
>>
>>53866558
This is how my groups typically roll. Equal cuts on everything unless someone lost something catastrophic, then the team chips in from their cuts to offset the cost of repair/replacement if its something that can't be repaired or replaced in-house.
>>
File: 1459264218312.jpg (232KB, 1024x1377px) Image search: [Google]
1459264218312.jpg
232KB, 1024x1377px
>>53866575
>not using depleted uranium

try harder
>>
>>53868595
Given that APDS is a 12F availability, what makes you think they're not already composed of depleted uranium penetrators like modern APFSDS tank rounds are?

Then again, -4 is kind of shitty if that's the case, so you might be onto something.
>>
>>53868744
DU is it's own separate type of round with something like 28F availability.

Hard Targets pg 188-189
>>
>>53865560

My dude lives in an earthbag house about an hour outside the city. He says that he built it himself, but he summoned spirits to do a lot of the heavy lifting. Has a nice little courtyard with a cactus garden and some solar panels in it. Modeled the whole thing with Trust Fund to represent how it had an initial cost to build but basically no upkeep, and how he makes a little moonshine from the agave to sell.
>>
>>53868828
Makes me wonder what's in plain Jane APDS then. Tungsten?
>>
>>53869075
Tungsten
>>
File: tungsten1.jpg (310KB, 615x2144px) Image search: [Google]
tungsten1.jpg
310KB, 615x2144px
>>53869196
>>
All that talk last thread got me thinking about making a blood mage, but... how do you get blood magic to be available in chummer? Can't so much as get the sacrifice metamagic without getting hit with an error.
>>
>>53866196
Be careful in letting team members take smaller cuts than the rest of the team. Once or twice is fine if someone else really needs the money that badly, but know that that motherfucker is keeping score. Sooner or later, he's gonna want it all back and when he does, he's going to cite just how much he's sacrificed for the team and how much the rest of the team owes him.
>>
>>53869446
>got me thinking about making a blood mage
don't
>>
>>53869457
You need better chums omae
>>
>>53869459
Buzz off, I can't even make an NPC sheet for one right now.
>>
>>53866623

please give context for each.
>>
>>53869446
You can't really start as one, because you need to intiate to get that first metamagic.

And by default, you can't initiate in creation. I guess you should ask if your weapon focus can be an Athame and then save up to get that first metamagic.

And then on your second, get a blood metamagic. You don't want to be known as one because there's a good stretch of bad history behind blood that's going to have everyone looking at you in a bad, bad light.
>>
>>53869298
And then your finger changes shape over the years and the ring gets stuck.
>>
>>53869602
Oh, I see what I missed. According to Chummer I need "Art: Blood Magic" before I can grab the mandatory sacrifice.
>>
>>53869602
>You don't want to be known as one because there's a good stretch of bad history behind blood that's going to have everyone looking at you in a bad, bad light.

The Draco Foundation pays a big bounty for living blood mages. If you're already the kind of psycho who would become a blood mage on purpose, I doubt any team would feel bad about cashing in. If they're morally dubious, then they'll see you as a payday split one fewer ways. If they're upstanding rebels, they'll see taking you in as getting some bad blood out of the streets.
>>
>>53869616
>And then your finger changes shape over the years and the ring gets stuck.
chummer, you do know that you are supposed to take it off sometimes?
>>
>>53869649
Just remember that as far back as the annotated will, it was thought to be more of a secretive bounty list than just a blanket thing.

So you may not be walking out with that full amount, same with the toxic bounty.

Or you may, and the list actually has higher numbers. Who knows? Other than the Shadow, of course.
>>
>>53869649
>>The Draco Foundation pays a big bounty for living blood mages.
Ten thousand for the average chump blood mage is hardly a "big bounty".

> If you're already the kind of psycho who would become a blood mage on purpose, I doubt any team would feel bad about cashing in.
What about the self-sacrifical blood mages?
>>
>>53869716
Well, a life magic guy probably gets studied somewhere more on the side of interrogation and less on the side of vivisection.

The actual movers and shakers in the DIMR will definitely want to know who resurrected that old art, if only to figure out why. Also to make plans for it, especially with the crystals also making a comeback.

But perhaps they'll find a way to get some use out of letting self-sacrifice guys go by having 'em help power the Dragonheart again.
>>
>>53869716
CGL retcons of FASA lore in favor of magewank are bullshit.
>>
>>53869835
>who resurrected that old art, if only to figure out why.
Life magic's described as something that can spontaneously arise from Awakened people who otherwise aren't dedicated blood mages. Well, I personally read it as a fancy effect for burning edge, but you know.

>>53869896
But CGL is bringing things more in line with Earthdawn. The magic's coming back, omae.
>>
>>53869945
>bait

Fine, I'll nibble. Magic works on a cycle of thousands of goddamn years idiot. It progressing this quickly is bullshit unless CGL forgets that the focus of Shadowrun is supposed to be on cyberpunk, not 3.P.
>>
>>53869716
Okay, it'd be a big bounty if Draco Foundation weren't poorfags.
>>
>>53869967
The Great Ghost Dance jumpstarted things.

>>53869979
Don't worry, the average psycho king-fucker blood mage still brings in the big bucks of 300k nuyen. Honestly, I like the nerf because, playable blood mages aside, it makes it more feasible to have blood mage antagonists as anything other than final bosses for runners to beat up and retire off of.
>>
>>53869945
True, but given the people involved, it probably doesn't pay to assume that they're not going to be operating under at least a little bit of paranoia. It's debatable on how much over or under the appropriate amount they'd be working with for now.

In the long run, I don't think anyone really wants to have a face to face with VERJIGORM in the next few millennia.
>>
>>53870005
>GGD
>Not the Azzies and their blood magic

Now I know you're just full of shit.
>>
File: cyberzombies.jpg (411KB, 1920x948px) Image search: [Google]
cyberzombies.jpg
411KB, 1920x948px
How can I squeeze as much cyberware and magical bullshit into my !not-cyberzombie?
How do I make myself a slightly unstable but very useful credit to the team?
I wish to be meatshield bros with the mage and decker.
>>
File: 1406806867680.jpg (159KB, 689x983px) Image search: [Google]
1406806867680.jpg
159KB, 689x983px
>>53870027
>True, but given the people involved, it probably doesn't pay to assume that they're not going to be operating under at least a little bit of paranoia.
Fair enough. Mind you, it might make it easier for them to show up, but horrors still hated blood magic when it was used against them.

>I don't think anyone really wants to have a face to face with VERJIGORM in the next few millennia.

C'mon omae, how could you possibly hate a guy who's basically the purest incarnation of the Dragonslayer mentor spirit? No metaphorical dragons, just straight-up dragon slayin'. Look at him!

>>53870060
It's what's mentioned in Forbidden Arcana as the kick-starting event. Take it or leave it as the justification. I like it because it provides that much more retroactive weight for the NAN's continued existence.
>>
>>53870084
Bone Lacing, Cyberlimbs with Armor (partials for max cheeze), and Orthoskin. Get yourself some adapsin, better 'ware grades, and hope you have the die pools to resist the drugs you're going to be popping.
>>
>>53870119
Nothing guns can't cure.
>>
>>53870119
>Forbidden Arcana

Found the problem.
>>
>>53870084
>slighty unstable
>>
>>53870084
>slightly
If you don't have a Code of Honor, and have the GM needle you endlessly over it every session hoping to make you break into a cyberpsychotic fit, you don't have enough ware.
>>
>>53870316
Well, of course.
How else would you make waves?
>>
>>53870493
Concussion grenades in a swimming pool works every time.
>>
File: hmGtl.jpg (246KB, 1117x792px) Image search: [Google]
hmGtl.jpg
246KB, 1117x792px
>>53870084
>cyberzombies
>>
>>53870516
Ah, yes. Texan fishing.
>>
>>53870540
Mostly works, until it spreads fucking zebra mussels to another lake.
>>
>>53869298
Rings like this can be a serious problem in emergency situations. If the finger swells, or the ring is misshapen even slightly, your garden variety hospital dose not have the equipment to cut it away, which can cause the loss of finger that would otherwise have been easily saved, since rings in just about any other material are fairly trivial to cut.
>>
>>53870589
Marriage is a risk. Besides, titanium rings are popular too, and they pose the same hazard.
>>
>>53870560
i stepped on one of those once when i was 5 or 6. Sliced right through the skin of my left big toe with zero resistance as i was wading around my uncle's pier.

>>53870633
tungsten rings will actually shatter the moment they bend slightly. That way when something crushes ur hand, the ring won't have to be cut off to save the finger's circulation.

that's really the whole point of tungsten bands. They won't cause you to lose a finger if they get smushed.
>>
>>53870084
You can have -.99 essence with the right qualities
it involves a 'free' essence worth of bioware and 5.99 worth after that so bring lots of nuyen.
>>
>>53870537
I never saw that anime.
EYE divine cybermancy, though, is HARD cyberzombie. They use cybernecromancy, for crying out loud.
>>
>>53870745
You gain brozouf
>>
>>53869660
And then when people put it back on, they try to push it down to the same position it always occupies, but knuckles swell imperceptibly so they can't pull it back off. People get rings stuck on their hands all the time. At least you can break tungsten, it's not one of those retarded rings where people lose their fingers because it can't be removed.
>>
>>53869660
Yeah, like when you see your mistriss. It's only polite.
>>
File: 1467685091722.jpg (19KB, 467x750px) Image search: [Google]
1467685091722.jpg
19KB, 467x750px
>>53871040
>>53870745
>>
How viable are blood-crystal adepts versus, say, cyber or bio-adepts?
>>
Does anyone have some good maps of foundries or know where to find them?
GIS has proven incredibly useless
>>
>>53872907
You mean like a blueprint of a foundry floor?
>>
>>53873009
yes
Doesn't even have to be incredibly exact
>>
>>53873031
http://chestofbooks.com/crafts/machinery/Shop-Practice-V2/Typical-Foundry-Management.html

It's a simple plan but all the elements are there.
>>
>>53873164
Thanks for the link
Do you maybe also have a map of a smelter?
>>
>>53873220
Like the actual smelter or the smelting process?
>>
>>53873307
the entire smelting facility

The run I'm planning will involve a former plant where the raw material was smelted, put into raw form and then partially stored and sent out and partially moulded into final products
>>
>>53873371
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Tooele_Smelter
>>
>>53873562
Thanks, omae. Really helped me out.
>>
>>53870589
Tungsten carbide is brittle, it shatters. Tungsten by itself might be ductile, like many other metals, I'm not sure.
>>
File: 31533432_p0.png (876KB, 740x1080px) Image search: [Google]
31533432_p0.png
876KB, 740x1080px
>>53866149

If you'll be doing it either way, might as well not risk them taking the drain to mindrape you.

Unless you're into that, I guess.
>>
anybody got a shadowrun photo equivalent of this?

Bandit's Roost was a place off of Mulberry street in Manhattan NYC in the 1870's 80's and 90's
>>
Hey /srg/, how exactly does orthoskin work? Is it like a permant alteration to your skin? Does your body naturally grow it back if it gets damaged? Is it minor genetic alteration? Am I overthinking this?
>>
>>53865727
Was the extraction from Boston something that happened in game or something that happened in backstory?
>>
>>53874356
Orthoskin is basically a thin web of bio-material that's quite strong and it's put into the skin.

It doesn't grow back if damaged, normally, but also normally, if it's getting damaged you were probably in a situation that should have been fatal.

Like you got injected with something that could have been really bad but instead just fucked with your orthoskin. Or you got enough skin removed that you probably should be a corpse. Or took enough shotgun shells to the gut that by all rights your insides should be outsides of you.
>>
>>53874354

Technically not Shadowrun (I wanna say it's from Interface Zero?), but I like this art.
>>
>>53875251
that girl on the far right wants to fuck
>>
>>53874609
Both, really. The concept was born in backstory, but it was played out as a pre-game thing between just me and the GM, none of my group were a part of the extraction team. Two years have elapsed since the extraction and no one in my team knows the circumstances or that I used to be a corporate security troubleshooter (this was before GOD existed in the WMI, it came into being in 2075 and I was extracted in 2074; actual game takes place in 2077 where I am a mostly-happy Denver citizen). My decker was a bring-forward from 4.0, where he lived and worked in Boston, but the GM wants to run his game in Los Angeles so I figured I needed to get a lot closer and with fewer borders, so we cooked this up to explain the move and why I'm living in the PCC and not UCAS anymore. At any rate, UCAS and NeoNET think I'm dead and I left pretty much my entire left arm and my original cyberdeck behind in a really big car bombing to prove it and no one's the wiser that I'm merrily punishing the megas for turning my Matrix into a Big Brother sex dungeon while hiding under a big scary dragon and a Rating 5 fake SIN.
>>
https://youtu.be/xUVz4nRmxn4
Are slum level runners just kids with guns?
>>
>>53875465
These brats are all destined to be Halloweeners.
>>
File: bluezima-shin-dong-wook-11.jpg (683KB, 1440x1920px) Image search: [Google]
bluezima-shin-dong-wook-11.jpg
683KB, 1440x1920px
>>53875465

Sometimes, but you can also get a novacoke addict with a blunt object.
>>
https://youtu.be/P_SlAzsXa7E
Have you ever ended up dating one of your rivals?
>>
How do runners dress for 35-40 C heat?
>>
>>53876263
Short shorts and a tanktop assuming that's as hot as i think it is when translated to american.
That said my runner is a face who can make that kind of outfit work.
>>
>>53876303
Yeah, I was thinking like 90-100F.
>>
>>53876303

I'm pretty sure my groups face would try to make that work. He's a male dwarf.
>>
>>53877369
Confidence is the main aspect of making it work.
And a nice body, male or female.
>>
File: 08 - K1RqyQr.jpg (855KB, 3440x1440px) Image search: [Google]
08 - K1RqyQr.jpg
855KB, 3440x1440px
>>53872287
In pure bang for buck, steel beats blood. Crystals have an advantage in that they don't reduce your MAG, but it's not really an equivalence.
>>53869716
>What about the self-sacrifical blood mages?
The major problem is that you can't prove that you only use the sacrificial techniques, so as far as anyone is concerned you're a mage/adept that draws power from torturing people.

Combine that with the fact that unlike Earthdawn, nobody knows 'life magic' as a thing that you can use to create binding promises. Literally all anyone knows about it is that it's a potent power source that you can use to fuel your own magic or turn your body into a weird crystal.
>>
How many drugs would a runner have to be on to spontaneously break out into song, Like in the trids?
>>
>>53877937
>Crystals have an advantage in that they don't reduce your MAG, but it's not really an equivalence.

So in other words, crystals are much better for the rare % of adepts who use the mechanically-inferior improved attribute rather than rely on chrome arms or used muscle toner? What situations are blood crystals useful in for, say, physads or faceads? I assume powering up with cannibalize is one way blood crystals edge out the competition for physads.
>>
>>53875251
thanks.
>>
File: SUPER UNDOCUMENTED.png (473KB, 600x564px) Image search: [Google]
SUPER UNDOCUMENTED.png
473KB, 600x564px
>>53871139
>>
>>53877937
>!yekka6.TX6

Why are you tripping?
>>
>>53878416
>Why are you tripping?
lurk the fuck more
>>
>>53878416
Because he's the dev for Chummer5?
>>
File: a56c530f2cfd4d59c5e9ef5a26f17927.jpg (832KB, 4027x1716px) Image search: [Google]
a56c530f2cfd4d59c5e9ef5a26f17927.jpg
832KB, 4027x1716px
>>53878186
There really isn't a use case for them, to be honest.

Each crystal you get consumes one each of your condition monitor boxes; a crystal limb will give you 1 armour back, and that's it. If you throw another 15 karma into getting crystalline claws and crystal blade you can get a decentish weapon out of it. Crystal Breath us an implanted rebreather that costs 1 ESS and 5 Karma. 25 Karma can get you Astral Perception and Low-Light Vision but removes the ability to wear contacts
>>53878416
I'm the lead dev for Chummer; it's more useful for me that people be able to point me out directly in a thread to ask questions or report issues than it is for people to keep asking if I'm around. If it were an option I'd avoid it, but it is what it is.
>>
File: Stop drinking all my kvass.jpg (89KB, 463x800px) Image search: [Google]
Stop drinking all my kvass.jpg
89KB, 463x800px
>>53878540
Oh that makes sense.
Thanks for all your hard work.
I don't use Chummer but I've met people who do and it helps them.
If I keep playing shadowrun I'll probably learn how to use it too.
>>
>>53874356
All bioware heals back if damaged. That's one of the advantages over cyberware. To repair Cyberware you need nanites or someone good at cybertechnology. With bioware you just wrap a bandage and wait.
>>
>>53878540
Speaking of which: I think theres a problem with how prototype transhuman and mag loss works. If i take PT and an additional 5 points of augmentation (6 over all), Chummer reduces my magic to 0 but it should be 1.

Post-chargen i can only add 1 level of initiation, even if I also add a level of MAG, for a total of 2 MAG/1 initiate. There should be no limit.

The same is true for Resonance. Taking Prototype Transhuman somehow buggers the calculation.
>>
>>53878540
But speaking of blood crystals, Chummer takes them as qualities, meaning I can't have 25 karma worth of positive qualities and any karma worth of blood crystals.
>>
File: Shapeshifter StreetSam (Awoo).jpg (98KB, 712x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Shapeshifter StreetSam (Awoo).jpg
98KB, 712x1000px
>>53878540
hm, I just realized I don't think i've ever thanked you for your work Yekka. Chummer is such a mandatory part of SR5. Appreciate all the hard work on chummer chummer.
>>
>>53879126
That's odd, they're set not to contribute to your limit. Show me an example character?
>>53879103
Hrm. The code looks right, Essence is essentially calculated as bioware essence - the value of prototype transhuman, which is then applied as an improvement type that jiggers with your resonance. Show me a file?
>>53879196
Chummer's fun to work on, when I'm not infuriated at the terrible coding decisions from the past (Many of which were mine, to be fair)

I just wish I could get all the boring stuff fixed so I can start properly working on fun new stuff again, I intended to have furries implemented at the start of the year and custom drugs were supposed to be done over a year ago. Bleah.
>>
File: Eiger.png (2MB, 1643x2419px) Image search: [Google]
Eiger.png
2MB, 1643x2419px
I'd climb the Eiger.
>>
>>53879705

Do you point this out in every thread?
>>
>>53879126
Tick off the correct optional rules, and mind your PQ limit manually.
>>
>>53879647
>Show me an example character?
All I did was pump up qualities and then tried to take a crystal one. Here, right out of the gate with a default sum to 10 dwarf adept.

>Astral Chameleon
>Exceptional attribute
>Crystal Anything
Bam, error.
>>
>>53880149
Oh, I see the problem. Add the blood qualities first, that'll sort it out for now.
>>
>>53865560
My rigger lives on a Corsair Panther in the ocean off the coast. Nice and quiet, sunbathes naked during downtime, is still naked during runs since satellite link and retrans lets her command her drone swarm from far away. And if the water gets choppy due to a storm, the boat just goes into its secondary treaded mode and crawls up on a beach to wait the storm out. Its not fancy by any means, but the freedom of going anywhere is nice.

She's currently saving up for a Mothership and modify it so her little catamaran home can go into the sky. At least she dreams big.
>>
>>53881560
>spending time away from dry land
Have fun with those ocean paracritters.

'Cause megalodon.
>>
>>53879196
>Chummer is such a mandatory part of SR5
>when you don't use Chummer, but do your chargen manually
Low Tech High Life

...I think I've got something backwards.
>>
what is the best killsteal build?
>>
>>53882635
Anything with high agility for fast movement and multiple initiative passes. Roll high on Initiative, hold turn while the others do their things, then Interrupt at any point before the round is over to close in and deal a killing blow.
>>
>>53882032
Well there's a run idea.

>Group is invited to an ocean party and gets eaten by giant megalodon.
>Shenanigans ensue if they live.
>And then slap them with a bunch of missed calls about possible work 'cause they took too damn long.
>>
>>53881560

Neat.

How did she join up with this group of runners?

That's something I've often wondered about riggers, hackers, and technomancers who do their job from far away.

Also what is their personality like and how did you come up with it?
>>
>>53882708
>You're gonna need a bigger boat
>>
>>53882691

I've never met a shadowrun GM who gave xp based on kills, so someone who reliably finishes people off so that the heavy hitters can then move on to the next targets, and the specialists can work with fewer spells or bullets or blades being sent their way sounds like a good idea.
>>
Post armor
>>
>>53884241
Because there is no such mechanic or xp. You get karma for completing runs and personal goals. Killing lots of people will just get HTR on your ass.
Now this "kill stealing build" is just standard street sam/physical adept. If you can reliably finish of targets you are either combat character or have Arm of God. So just shoot at people your teammates have already hit.
Alternatively be Edge the Human that throws 20+ exploding dices at every attack.
Still making character just to kill steal and gloat with it makes you That Guy.
>>
File: Berlin Black Flag.jpg (206KB, 1024x1448px) Image search: [Google]
Berlin Black Flag.jpg
206KB, 1024x1448px
>>53874354
>>
File: Armour Jacket.jpg (25KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
Armour Jacket.jpg
25KB, 750x450px
>>53876263
Better to sweat than to bleed.
>>
>>53885361
Disagree strongly, sweating is gross.
>>
>>53882061
>high life

not if you're doing math by hand you're not. Unless you've got a Greek slave to calculate your BOD for you.
>>
>>53885431
>he doesn't drag around a chink calculator
>>
File: Barrens Samurai.jpg (127KB, 600x639px) Image search: [Google]
Barrens Samurai.jpg
127KB, 600x639px
>>53882635>>53882691
Don't go melee, you'll be wasting time running around the place to get to every target. Get lots of initiative, lots of Edge, and a Crockett EBR. Use Interrupt and burst anyone who has anything worse than a nosebleed.

Alternatively, get the MGL-12 and throw out 3 grenades every initiative pass.
>>
>>53885425
bleeding is more gross.
Dying is even more gross.
>>
>>53886339
Agreed. Sweat, grime, and slime is an acceptable level of commitment over trying to hold your guts in through a bullet hole in your belly.
>>
>>53886339
Nah.

Sweating is gross.
Dying is gross.
Bleeding is cool as fuck.
>>
>>53886779
have you ever gotten blood over a large part of your body anon? Shit's nasty, starts to smell too.
>>
>>53886779
>Bleeding is cool as fuck.
Ah. So you're the one that should take the burden of menstruation from the world.
>>
>>53886779
>>53886873
>>53887950
Chummers, I think he may be a blood mage.
>>
File: 1419898726137.png (10KB, 181x167px) Image search: [Google]
1419898726137.png
10KB, 181x167px
>>53876263
>Buy old scout-rotodrone off of Rigger when he upgrades to a better model
>Replace weapon mount with a cooled water-resevoir and mist-sprayer
>Apartment now has a rotodrone flying about, circulating the air and giving a refreshing spray of mist on command
All that's left is to research some contact-vector drugs for recreation and/or home defense.
>>
>>53888619
>contact-vector drugs
just use DMSO
>>
>>53888619
DMSO and narcoject or kamikaze. Both if you just want to post trid to the 'net.
>>
>>53885294
I really want to play a ghoul at some point.
>>
>>53889342
I wasn't aware you could. Never looked into it, myself. I guess it makes sense, they're not mindless, but what are the advantages/disadvantages of doing so?
>>
>>53889688
Advantages:
You're harder, better, faster, stronger than the base metatype.

Disadvantages:
You're a carrier of a highly infectious and incurable disease and you must eat human flesh every so often to survive. Most places in the Sixth World have an open bounty on ghouls, expect to be shot at on sight.
>>
File: ghoul_girl_by_apterus-dat1xx9.jpg (166KB, 1024x1434px) Image search: [Google]
ghoul_girl_by_apterus-dat1xx9.jpg
166KB, 1024x1434px
>>53889688
They're in Run Faster for 5e, don't remember for other editions.

Pros
>Very tough
>Very strong
>Astral perception
>Fun roleplay potential
>Easy way to dispose of bodies

Cons
>People fear/hate you
>Have to make sure to not be contagious
>Naturally blind
>Snowflake bullshit potential
>Naturally missing an essence point
>>
>>53888113
Which one of us are you talking about?
>>
>>53889747
Yes.
>>
>>53889761
>everyone is a blood mage
Guess it's time to get out the jade boys.
>>
Guys I need some help,

some friends convinced me to DM shadowrun, none of us have ever played.

They completely screwed my plot by fucking up the easiest mission ever.

Well after Johnson killed two of them and let the only competent one that did his job right live they made new chars.

Since I had to come up with some shit on the spot I made up that the AA's and AAA's are trying to bring a new sport to TV.
It's kinda like Urban Brawl but with Cars racing each other. I said it was still in development,
to give me room for the future.

Now the first thing their sponsor (they are trying to become a team) asked them to do
was to steal a prototype car from another AA.

This is going to be the next session. They are going to steal the Trailer the car is transported in Fast and Furious style.

They are going to unhook the Truck from the trailer after supporting it with two cars from each side so it keeps rolling and then drive their own Truck infront of it and connect the trailer to their truck and drive off.... all while on the highway doing about 80km/h

My big problem is the car rules, are there any ways to improve them/substitute them to allow for more customization and make them better for Covering actual distances to use them for racing?

Also any ideas on rules for the car sport? I imagine it like 3 people per car and 1 supporter (hacker) in the box, trying to survive or be the first to x rounds (NASCAR with combat)

Not allowed to shoot at unconscious people so PCs don't die left and right and some team rivalry can develop.

If you guys got team name Suggestions I'm open for it.
>>
>>53889995
hmmm here is my suggestion for name
"Stop and do simple mock runs until you all learn the relevant rules and the system as whole instead of throwing even more rules that need to be homebrewed"
>>
How do I justify a hardline communist being a shadowrunner?
>>
>>53890464
By being a shadowrunner. The world of the megacorps is literally the antithesis of communism as a whole.
>>
>>53889995
Why not just steal the trailer and the truck without the stupid unhooking scheme? Drive the fucker to a designated point, unhook there, hook the trailer to their own truck, then blow the company truck up and ghost.

As for the sport, just watch Death Race 2000 and model it after that, minus the prisoners thing. No need to overcomplicate things by reinventing the wheel.
>>
>>53889995
Chase rules in RPGs normally suck and Shadowrun is no exception. While the premise is rad, I'd recommend not doing it.
>>
>>53889995
>Plan out exactly how runners are supposed to tackle a problem
>Expect this to go well

I have to wonder about the real circumstances that led to them failing that first team.
>>
>>53890563
yeah, but shadowrunners are TOTALLY working for the megacorps.
>>
>>53890796
Usually to fuck over other megacorps. He could also be a hooder, taking money from the rich and spreading it out to the poorer communities.
>>
>>53890815
>spreading it out
Is providing communities crates and crates of guns and propaganda good enough?
>>
>>53890694
To put it simple the Face tried to sneak in somewhere after the Assasin got in because the Assassin forgot a vital Item to their plan.
Face got discovered.
Before the face even get's a change to talk his way out the Assasin fires his Ruger Super Warhawk which is SUPER loud according to rulebook.

Yeah every guard alarmed good job.

And yes I told him there are silencers and he told me "Nah it's fine, when am I ever going to use this outside open combat? I'll just use my shock hand"
>>
>>53890871
It'd just be empowering gangers. But if that is a plus for you then go for it.
>>
>>53890796
Sometimes. Ideally, you want to be a diehard commie, you be a decker that gives away all the paydata they score to everyone, not just the Johnson who hired them. Nothing like forwarding any and all scores to JackPoint or the Nexus before handing it off to Johnson, just to shit all over Johnson's bed.
>>
>>53890927
I need to find some communist policlubs.
>>
>>53890944
There's actually a quality for this, I used it when I made my underground journalist character.
Data Liberator, basically you are obligated to release all the paydata you get on a run for free, publicly. It states you can still do data-heists and get paid for that, you just make a copy and release it for free after.
A !!FUN!! thing to compound Data Liberator with is Curiosity Killed the Cat, which makes you take a composure check to not steal encrypted data from servers you infiltrate.

Right now I'm playing a journalist decker who basically copies everything not nailed down and the stuff that's nailed down too, then releases it on one of her many matrix blogs/data haven connections.
>>
>>53890944
Eh, he's going to be a fighty guy, not a decking guy.
You know, one of them russian supersoldier types.
>>
>>53891104
Yep, exactly that. In fact, some good justification (if you're going for communism) is that Fifth Column work is a strategy of the people, so you give over all the data still encrypted so that Johnson can't trace that it was you that leaked it, and let outside parties do the cracking so that they'll hire you again and you can rinse-repeat. Some of it might be garbage files or what have you, but there's peeps in the Cracker Underground or wherever that'll do the decryptions just out of curiosity, and sift through everything for kernels of viable intel.
>>
>>53891197
If he's Russian, then he should know full well that communism is some horseshit.
>>
File: soviet_union.jpg (17KB, 515x407px) Image search: [Google]
soviet_union.jpg
17KB, 515x407px
>>53891464
that's what we WANTED you to think!
>>
>>53889850
Go back the Crab Anon and Crane-San storytime thread.
>>
>>53890796
#notallrunners

You don't need to be completely mercenary, doing whatever job so long as the cred is good. You could be an ecoterrorist gun for hire, the kind of guy who gets called in to blow up the whaling boats or summon a Great Form Plant spirit to speak for the trees. Or a pirate collectivist, raiding the shipping lanes to support a freebooter community on some Caribbean League backwater. Or a NAN nationalist who only takes jobs that he thinks will lead to finishing what Howling Coyote started.
>>
>>53893898
>that he thinks will lead to finishing what Howling Coyote started.
summoning the horrors?
>>
File: 1488890220448.jpg (149KB, 764x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1488890220448.jpg
149KB, 764x1024px
>>53893959
The horrors of liberty!
>>
>>53894036
I always knew the French were plotting to destroy the world.
>>
>>53894093
The Mist was the best thing to happen to that place.
>>
>>53865560

Here is something for your runners to encounter on their next go around.
Welcome to flavor country.

http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1497788394278.webm
>>
>>53895352
I wonder how loud they would be with 2077 soundsystems and a punk's rejection of music bylaws.
>>
Any tips for a new player in 5e?
>>
>>53896713
Don't be an asshole. Bring snacks. Try to get more than 12 dice in your primary role.

Unless you have specifics about what you are playing and what sort of campaign, there's not a lot to offer
>>
So: What kind of pet would your runner like to own?
>>
File: 1447034767854.jpg (203KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
1447034767854.jpg
203KB, 1024x684px
How often do you have footraces? I realised it's something that I liked doing in other games (heroes and villains trying to catch a magic bird statue, superbeings competing over the trigger to a nuclear weapon, etc) but for some reason it never comes up in Shadowrun.
>>
File: Bastet.png (371KB, 885x583px) Image search: [Google]
Bastet.png
371KB, 885x583px
>>53898269
A bastet or other technocritter that won't immediately wreck his shit. He spends half his life in the Matrix, his pet deserves the same chance.
>>
Hey all, looking for thoughts on a campaign premise.

I want to run a campaign in which the runners get hired to complete a series of seemingly unrelated tasks, at which point the fixer is revealed to be a Nox (Wakfu) knock-off.

Ideas would be greatly appreciated!
>>
>>53898269
An AI.
>>
File: T_T.png (8KB, 95x90px) Image search: [Google]
T_T.png
8KB, 95x90px
>>53898539
So is the Fixer faking all the jobs/Johnsons?

And what the fuck is the reveal? "Surprise, you thought you were being paid to commit crimes for faceless megacorps and individuals of means, but actually you were being paid to commit crimes by a robot who wants to go back in time! No, this doesn't actually change the money you made. No, time travel doesn't work in Shadowrun. No, this doesn't actually do anything to the campaign other than add a weird metaframing device for the audience to complain about." At best you're helping him get a bunch of reagents and other stuff so he has lots of magic. Whoop de fucking do.

If you just want a bunch of random tasks, there's a module where Harlequin hires the party to do a bunch of bullshit as part of an elaborate prank on an old associate.
>>
File: 1488073796648.jpg (530KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1488073796648.jpg
530KB, 1024x768px
>>53898277
Depends on how fast the bad guys blow up our ride. A footrace through downtown Seattle while being chased by Halloweeners, bounty hunters, and Knight Errant has been a thing for my team.
>>
>>53898689
Man, why is everyone on /tg/ such a turbo cunt
>>
>>53898269
Thirty seven different breeds of cat.
>>
>>53898778
Because there is no greater goal in life than to make someone else life moderately worse.
>>
File: Deal With It Dance.gif (2MB, 300x275px) Image search: [Google]
Deal With It Dance.gif
2MB, 300x275px
>>53898778
You got what you wanted. You also realised that your idea was more shit than a module with Harlequin in it. Take your lumps.
>>
>>53898539
>>53898778

I mean, that answer came off a bit harshly but what did you expect chummer? Nox is a damn powerful time mage who wants to get even more powerful. and that kind of magic is super not friendly with shadowrun`s setting. You can have a fixer be plotting stuff, even setting up fake runs if need be, but that doesnt make him anything like Nox. Nox is a sad man who wants to go back in time to see his family and will do Anything to do so; but how do you translate that into shadowrun. Time shenanigans aside even? It just doesnt work.
>>
>>53898269
One that he can buy in a pet store instead of having to wrangle one out in the cold wilderness.
>>
File: Critters 5e.png (92KB, 633x641px) Image search: [Google]
Critters 5e.png
92KB, 633x641px
>>53899067
That's not real Shadowrun. If you don't have at least Animal Handling 4, are you even a real runner?
>>
>>53899153
But you can't even buy a pet critter! What the hell was Hardy thinking, and how long must I wait for them to admit they fucked up and release a price list?
>>
>>53896713

>Don't be an asshole. Bring snacks. Try to get more than 12 dice in your primary role.

this and also read the books and go though a couple of dry run missions with the GM before the main game starts (or you join the main game already in progress) if the GM is up for it.
>>
>>53899204
If you want a pet, you do what you do in our world. You go find a random animal in the street, narcojet it, then bring it home and stuff it full of chimeric modifications (which all cost nothing, because they are based on percentages of the base cost).
>>
>>53898269
Bunraku doll.
>>
File: BTL.jpg (54KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
BTL.jpg
54KB, 640x400px
>>53899954
An I-Doll would be a better investment if all you want is a waifu. I don't know what happens if you're permanently personafixed, but I doubt it's good. Best case scenario is the Blank Slate negative quality.
>>
What's the best GM counter to people overusing illusion-based spells?
>>
>>53900240
Fight mages with other mages.
>>
>>53900352
Fair point. Okay, what's the best GM counter to technomancers if the enemy can't/doesn't use technomancers?
>>
>>53899391
Thats how I recruit my team. Go out in the barrens, Find a random streetsam, narcojet it, bring it home and stuff it full of modifications and teach it where to pee.
>>
>>53900546
Dumb guns.
>>
>>53900240
>how do i counter a mage

With another mage. Or unreasonably high mental stats.
>>
Where are the movement rates for the metatypes located in the core book?
>>
>>53900941
Page 162
>>
How does an obvious witch survive as a shadowrunner without getting geeked?
>>
>>53901159
Same as anybody else really. Shoot straight, conserve ammo, don't make deals with dragons.
>>
>>53901159

Don't stick out like a sore thumb. Being obvious is gambling with your life.
>>
>>53900240
Enforce background count.
Fight a cyber-zombie.
>>
File: F1714.jpg (216KB, 773x1000px) Image search: [Google]
F1714.jpg
216KB, 773x1000px
>>53901159
Don't have a shitty GM?
>>
>>53901159
Don't be an obvious witch. Carry a gun, wear armor.
>>
File: 27501390_p0.png (389KB, 581x805px) Image search: [Google]
27501390_p0.png
389KB, 581x805px
>>53898277

Does chasing down a speeding van while on foot count?

Because my adept had to do that more than once.
>>
>>53902075
Tfw minotaur with 15 sprint dice
8'5" 400 pound minotaur running at 41mph. Scary shit and shes not even /that/ big for a trolltype
>>
What's your favourite type of shadowrun super-criminal and why, chummers?

Mage? Adept? Cyber-auged? Bio-auged? Druggie?

I'm quite partial to bio-augs. Not as OP in a single area as adepts, but more broad power. Also they don't turn off in background count.
>>
File: nikita-replyanski-aja-final.jpg (308KB, 1920x1255px) Image search: [Google]
nikita-replyanski-aja-final.jpg
308KB, 1920x1255px
>>53901159

Convince the rest of your team to also dress like witches.

If they can't tell who the mage is, they can't figure out who to geek first.

>>53902221
>41mph
Not too shabby. My changeling could hit ~70mph when spending all three initiative passes to sprint.
>>
>>53902257
Alacrity is helpful, but this wasnt a ling sadly. She has shot people with 30+ dv arrows though.
>>
>>53900546
>>53900701
>Falling a distant third place between the constant advertising battle between the Savalette Guardian and the Ares Predator V, Colt has taken a different track with the latest iteration of the Manhunter. Removing the smartlink and the associated features like electronic safety and clip ejection, and shifting everything back to traditional mechanical mechanisms with the exception of a holographic sight (p. 181). The worst a hacker can do is make you slightly less accurate with this gun and that appeals to a lot of the less technologically minded consumers.
>>
What happens when a Dwarf gets HMHVV-II in SR4? I know in three, it turns them into a gnawer, but it looks like that wasnt moved or replaced in 4.
>>
>>53902257
If you dont havs an elf that could go over 100 km/h by just runing you are not trying
>>
>>53865560
how to make a slow cost lifestyle work if you are healthy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiejAhol4Ps
>>
What are some stories of AIs that may have seemed super sinister, but turned out to be solid bros and good at their jobs?
>>
>>53902771
>complete silence
Goddamnit
>>
Why is everyone who plays this game a massive fucking communist?
I just got scolded for trying to make a massive fucking profit by getting big bad evil corp pay protection money
>>
>>53904221
I'm not. I'll work for anyone if the price is right. Capitalism is the lube my asshole loves the most.
>>
>>53904221
Well I mean, I don't know if you've provided all the context there but my group would not have a problem with doing what you said, aside from risk and logistical issues, etc.
I dunno, maybe the problem is on your end.
>>
how tf splitting dice works if one of your weapons is in specialization category and other one is not
>>
>>53904419
>>53904429
Wow you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>53904419
>11 Dec 2016
wot
>>
>>53904456
He tried to recycle an old fetish shitpost and copied a little too much from the archive.
>>
>>53904165
>>53902771
Durandal
>>
>>53904426
if they use two different skills? split the lower dice pool
If it's the same skill? split, then apply specialisation
>>
>>53904429
Didn't get enough (you)s on the 11th of December 2016?
>>
File: IMG_0023.jpg (95KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0023.jpg
95KB, 540x360px
What are some decent ways to get street-scum gangers off your back without escalating things?

My shamain is estranged with his younger sister but he tries to make good when the opportunity arises. She doesn't appreciate my lifestyle and usually won't take my money unless she's in dire straits, but we try to get along. She recently got back in touch and says some gangers from the First Nations (we're Amerind) took note of her during some of the amateur boxing she does and are trying to harass her into doing some underground fight-club shit for them.

What's a good way to send the message of "frag off" without turning me or her into a mark for some street punks?
>>
>>53904572
Send some work/info/opportunities their way
>>
>>53904572
Politely worded cease and desist?
>>
>>53904572
Kill them to the last man aughta do it.
>>
How do I tell the technomancer having an average of 8 dp out of chargen isn't going to cut it so he needs to hit the books?
>>
>>53904787
"Look, eight dice in what you're supposed to be good at isn't enough. You might want to re-think this."

Be prepared to give some help as well.
>>
>>53904787
Tell him that if he only has 8 dice then his team is going to sell him to buy better guns the first chance they get.
>>
>>53904287
>>53904304
>3/4 of the group says they're in it for the money
>they all are pink haired cyber-ninjas
>i'm just a guy in a badly buttoned suit tryna rig with his shitbox
>they end up getting emotionally involved in a "fuggg the man" campaign
>squander their shares while i stock up on armored vans and limos
>>
>>53904572
Get your street sam and a spirit
Beat the living shit out of them and place the knocked out bodies in a row. Zipties
Politely tell them, when they wake up, that next time they they pull shit like that they will not walk out in one piece.
Its what I did as street sam when some mouth breathers decide that ambushing and extorting my team's Face was good idea
>>
>>53901159
Don't look like a mage.
>>
>>53901159
Take an invisibility spell, be invisible during combat.

Convince the Street Sam to dress like a wizard.

Sustain Extended Detect Enemies Spell or combat sense.
>>
So for a starting character what's considered 'above average' for different stats? I'm having difficulty telling whether or not my character is good at anything because there's no real indication of what values are expected/the norm.
>>
>>53906777
I think 3 is considered average for basic stats. Generally speaking, if your dicepools for the things you want to be good at is 12+, you're in a good place.
>>
>>53906816
Thanks. Now to get working on my special snowflake character: Shapeshifter who got reverse-Tarzan'd and was taken by a rich family and taught to be a 'real boy'.
>>
>>53906857
>Shapeshifter who got reverse-Tarzan'd and was taken by a rich family and taught to be a 'real boy'.
Just to be clear. You do know that Shapeshifters are not human, right? They are animals with the power to turn into a human form
>>
>>53902621
Trust the Legend™ indeed.
>>
>>53899954
Owning a bunraku doll seems pointless to me. If you want a perfect waifu, get a robot. If you want to own a human being, the struggling and crying is like half the point.
>>
>>53906897
Curious George wants to fake the funk. He'll rape a maid at some point.
>>
>>53906777
The average for a human is 3-4, with 3 being "normal" average and 4 being "superior" average. For other metatypes, subtract or add based on the maximum/minimum. Like the other chummer said, for dice pools you want 12+ in your "core skills" like Conjuring + Binding, Sorcery + Counterspelling, Pistols + Unarmed, etc

e.g. a Dwarf's average range for REA is 2-3 because their maximum is 5, same with Ork CHA and LOG.
>>
>>53906897
Yes. Hence reverse Tarzan: a actual human who was taught to act like a gorilla but never quite fit in, instead it's a actual animal who got taught to act like a human but never really getting it.
>>
File: 1446930651112.jpg (511KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1446930651112.jpg
511KB, 1200x800px
>>53902255
I'm classic cyber all the way. If I can't plate it in chrome, I don't want it in me.
>>
https://github.com/DeastinY/srpdfcrawler

You guys might find this useful; it's an application designed to crawl through your rulebooks for a specific string like Initiate Grade or Essence or whatever.
>>
>>53906777
Average is 2-4. Orks, Dwarves, etc still hit the same average, but with a lower (or higher) ceiling on how exceptional they can be in a given field.

1 is below average, but not gimped to the point some people say - that's where negative qualities come in.
>>
>>53902255
Straight Edge, chummer. No magic, no ware, no drugs, no problem.
>>
>>53908414
Human with Lucky for dat 8 edge life?
>>
>>53908475
Without a doubt.
>>
>>53902255
Edge and drugs. I have all 4s in attributes and I have 8 dice in more than half of the skills. 8 edge. Drugs for when I need better stats for a length of time.

I am the protagonist build.
>>
>>53902255
Shiny and chrome. Violence is the only drug I need.
>>
>>53908497
So what do you actually do? 8 dice isn't enough to be the go-to guy for anything.
>>
>>53908793
But with a 16 I can do anything pretty decently. 8 dice is my minimum, my max is 12 which I have in automatics, chemistry, stealth, gymnastics, and a couple others I can't remember cause in don't have my sheet.

If I recall I have the most known skills in the party of specialists. My team work tests are nice bonuses to them.
>>
>>53909025
Man now that I think about it, super teamwork is pretty strong.
Guy A has lets say, 20 in the skill, hes very good at the skill
Guy B has only 12, but hes going to assist so it doesn't really matter. he rolls his dice and edges, blah blah lots of hits
Guy A now gets to roll 28 dice...Then adds edge and suddenly shit gets bananas.
Fuckin teamwork man.
>>
hey chummers, does anyone know where (in the 5th ed books) it explicitly states that you can't just slap on extra cyberlimbs so you can become cyber vishnu?
>>
>>53909646
It doesn't exist, omae.
>>
File: 1493229430658.jpg (282KB, 1079x720px) Image search: [Google]
1493229430658.jpg
282KB, 1079x720px
Sup /srg/

How do you deal with player absenteeism?

Thanks to players being on irregular schedules and not being very good at planning or reading messages I end up with many sessions with 1+ players missing in situations where their character was already in the middle of the current run.

Have any of you guys had to deal with this? If so, how did you do it? If this is a semi regular thing is shadowrun just the wrong system for my players?

I just feel really stuck since they've really wanted to play shadowrun again, but this is exactly how they burned me out the last time we played it.
>>
>>53910289
How many players?
What archetypes?
Is it a small group that always misses or is it spread out to everyone?
>>
>>53910357
I've got 5 players

Decker, Tank, Vodoo Mage/Face, Rigger that can only do driving well and a Street Sam

It's spread out to 3/5 players, but one of them it's because his schedule legitimately does not line up with ours sometimes. The other two it's a mix of scheduling other stuff over shadowrun, work and just plain not replying when asked if they're coming.
>>
>>53910411
which ones?
>>
>>53910485
The Tank, Street Sam and Rigger
>>
>>53910508
So your only reliable players are the face and the decker? Your group fucking sucks.
>>
>>53910289
Ask your players if they mind if somebody else plays their characters. Whatever happens, don't actually kill their characters unless you just want to be a dick.

I make sure that I tell the players about a session at minimum 5 days before. I also hold no grudges if they say they can't show up. However, I have kicked out players if they don't show up without telling me 3 times because at that point there's no reason to actually plan anything around them.
>>
>>53910555
Yeah essentially, but on most days it's only 1/5 missing. To make matters worse, the Sammy is the host
>>
>>53910289
If someone is missing we don't run. If they miss a lot of sessions without giving a reasonable heads up they get talked to. If it continues they get cut and we find a replacement.
>>
>>53907797
if it would only work
>>
>>53904221

>Cyberpunk MegaCorp Dystopia

CAN'T IMAGINE WHY
>>
>>53910411
If it's a matter of just not replying, ask them if they're not interested and if they'd like to continue. Tell them you'd rather have a regular player than a half-interested guy who shows up at random.
>>
>>53907797
I want that girl to magdump me
>>
>>53904221
I play as an honorable capitalist. If I take a job I'll do everything that I can to complete it and I won't betray our employers or switch for more money. I expect the same in return. If they fuck us over, retribution is swift and ruthless.

A fun little game I play with my employers is Questions. Obviously they can't tell me everything, but every question that is left unanswered jacks up the price. I don't show up for amateur hour.
>>
>>53911879
>I don't show up for amateur hour
>Proceeds to act in the most amateurish way possible during the meet
>>
How do you guys deal with jobs you're a little iffy on? Our Fixer set us up with a gig, and after meeting with Mr. J we got a pretty obvious vibe that he's not telling us the whole story and we're either being used as bait or a distraction. Would you all go through with it or talk to your Fixer that it's a bad gig?
>>
File: Grognard vs 4urry.jpg (65KB, 902x600px) Image search: [Google]
Grognard vs 4urry.jpg
65KB, 902x600px
>>53865560
>>53904221
Have you tried not playing with Antifa LARPers?
>>
>>53910289
>>53910588 this. When people are shitty about getting in touch with the group, you address that straight up. Bad schedules can be worked around, bad manners is dicking everyone else around. There is literally no reason for anyone in 2017 with internet not to get back to a group chat within 24 hours, absolute max.

My own group has scheduling problems, so as the GM I try to have sessions end at places where characters could concievably drop out of the story, or they are run by the present players (as the missing player prefers).

>sammy is the host
No. Fix that shit. Playing at the FLGS, a table at the community center, or someone else's house may be inconvenient, but it's less inconvenient than cancelling the game for 5 people (you are people too, anon) at the last minute because one cunt says he can't.
>>
>>53912776
Drop it. Meeting Mr. Johnson is just that. a meeting. If you got bad feel for the job just say to the johnson "Sorry but due to lack of information we will have to decline the job"
Unless you are desperate for cash decline jobs that will fuck you over.
>>
>>53912776
>>53912949
You can drop it, but where's the fun in that? You should do your homework for the job, like really, really well. Stock everybody up with medkits and ADPS, just in case. Get explosives, just in case. Get antidotes for common gas grenades, just in case. Get an RPG. You know. Just in case.
>>
>>53912776
When you say bait or distraction, do you mean "the job is basically cover for another run" or "we are being hung out to dry"? The former happens, the latter is a definite no. If you can't get more info about what you might be cover for, and what your exposure is short- and long-term (not necessarily from Johnson, but your own legwork) then walk.
>>
>>53912776
Do this >>53911879
Price goes up for every question left unanswered. If he wants trigger happy dumbasses that jump on any opportunity to kill for pennies, then they can go hire gangers. If he plays ball or if the price is too good to pass up, then >>53913004 because it'll be a hell of a job.
>>
>>53913004
Chummer, there comes a point where all the precautions would cost you a significant part of the reward
And in that case, why risk it for such a low reward?
>>
>>53913032
We're raiding a lab complex, but the lab we're supposed to raid is not the primary lab of the complex, it's a side-lab without any scientists worth kidnapping inside of there. He wants us to destroy the place with fire and make a statement.

So our problems are threefold:
>There's a lab with much more valuable targets on the other side of the complex.
>Generally, it's bad to do a job that relies on the Johnson paying you for an act rather than an item, removes all your leverage.
>Security's hub is in the middle of the complex and the high value lab is on the other end away from us.

Either the Johnson really wants Shiawise's bean fertility gene treatment to not roll off the line or he's trying to get us to cover another team kidnapping their lead bioware reseachers.
>>
>>53913116
You're going to need all that stuff eventually. And you get to build a reputation of never turning down any job. That can be a good thing.
>>
>>53913186
Not really, unless you want to build up the blood thirsty dumb merc reputation. Some jobs are just not worth the effort.
>>
>>53913271
Yeah... Out of character answer, then. Thats the kind of intrigue I think sounds fun.
>>
>>53913186
>You're going to need all that stuff eventually
And we can get it then
If we buy it now and use it we still reduce the earnings
If we buy it now and don't use it it'll lie around and we still reduce our earnings, meaning having to do another run.

>That can be a good thing.
Can, but doesn't have to be.
Knowing which runs you take can save your life. And it tells them to not underestimate you.
>>
>>53913186
A reputation as a slut can help you make new friends. Doesn't mean you're not a slut.

>>53913145
That said, a simple bit of arson can be fun. Record everything about the production, scheduling, and whatever else is on this side (paydata you can sell yourself for a small return) and steal a few cars on your way out to flip at the local chopshop. You won't get rich, but it's also not going to be the most risky thing if security is typically oriented around the other side -they'll have to whip around, then go back when the other run happens. And if you give them the slip, you can double-back yourself and be the second mouse to the cheese.

Just have an independent broker hold all the money in escrow.
>>
Is this backstory too edgy chummers? Streetsam with MBW2, cyberarms, and a partial cyberskull who just wants to be an artist.

Born in 2042 to a middle class family in France, Jeanne lived a life of relative comfort until volunteering for the French military in 2058 and outfitted with a suite of combat enhancing cyberware, including a Move-By-Wire system. In 2061 she was sent to Yucatan as part of a clandestine force to aid rebels in weakening Aztlan/Aztechnology forces. However, in 2063, during the midst of Aztlans slash and burn campaign in Yucatan a tactical error on her part leads to the rest of her team being killed, as well as leaving her with grievous injuries. Jeanne was medivaced and managed to survive her injuries, although she lost both of her arms and a significant portion of her lower face and jaw, requiring cybernetic replacements. The stress of adapting to her new cyberware combined with significant survivor's guilt led her to go AWOL shortly after being placed back in the field in 2064. She fled through the CAS, acquiring a fake SIN in Florida before moving on to Seattle. Initially she dealt with the loss of her team/essence loss through drawing, although due to improper cyberware maintenance she eventually developed TLE-x, hampering her artistic abilities significantly. Her illegal status, as well as limited outside skillset eventually lead her to shadowrunning as a means to survive and afford drugs to help treat her TLE-x. Eventually she hopes to save enough nuyen to remove her cyberware implants and correcting her TLE-x through surgery. In her off time she continues to practice drawing, although her MBW implants and TLE-x make progress difficult.
>>
>>53913517
Nah, that's fine
>>
>>53913517
I play a drug addled prison hitman human supremacist edge monkey, so I believe I can say with some degree of authority that your background is not edgy unless you play it edgy.
>>
>>53913517
Move by wire is not compatible with any kind of fine arts, when trying to be still you get spasmy, so trying to get in to do delicate painting or the like you'd fuck it up.
>>
>>53913517
French fighting in Yucatan..ok no biggie
Not to edgy, actually decent
Two problems
Why was so much cyber put in fire and forget soldier ?
And you would not need to safe any money to get rid of your cyber. Literally go to any good shadow doc and ask to remove the cyber. As payment he can keep it. Or sell it to him. It will cover clonned limbs and treatment. Probably even leave you few thousands to spare.
>>
>>53913734
Chummer, read it again
>>53913517
>lost both of her arms

The arms should be fine, the rest of the body isn't
>>
>>53913517
Sounds reasonable to me, I'd let you run with that. I wish my peeps put that much work into their backstories.
>>
>>53913774
Move by wire can't be removed without fucking your body up hardcore
>>
>>53913755
>French fighting in Yucatan..ok no biggie
I'd imagine that France and/or Amazonia would have sent over a few fighters to aid the rebels there, given that they are relatively anti-corp nations and Aztlan is a puppet state of Aztechnology.
>Why was so much cyber put in fire and forget soldier ?
For the MBW, it was my assumption that most soldiers in the 6th world had some form of reflex boosters, be they MBW, wired reflexes, or otherwise. And I also figured that once you've actually got a soldier on the operating table, you're going to try and save them to get them back in the fight, since it's cheaper to slap them with some cyberlimb replacements than to get a new recruit, train them, outfit them with cyber, etc.

>And you would not need to safe any money to get rid of your cyber. Literally go to any good shadow doc and ask to remove the cyber. As payment he can keep it. Or sell it to him. It will cover clonned limbs and treatment. Probably even leave you few thousands to spare.
Fair, I thought of this a bit after I posted the backstory. She needs her cyberware to support herself short term, but it also limits her ways to support herself long term as long as she has it (due to the massive social penalties and constant seizures). So basically she needs enough money to cover herself indefinitely while she gets back on her feet after selling her 'ware, so she can work on her non-murder related skills until they can support her.
>>
>>53913852
mind sharing some? how little effort do they put into their backgrounds?
>>
>>53914052
Did you quote the wrong person?
>>
>>53914088
Here is the most important soldier ware: Pain Editor. The ability to fight beyond any wounds is the most important. For the rest there are drugs. Jazz being the best choice if you wanna go fast cheap. And Wired Reflexes is cheaper, less intrusive and actually not so experimental as Move-BY-Wire
Cyberlimbs would be correct. Strap them with obvious cyberlimbs and smash as much agility and armor in there as you can.
But no one plays the cannon setting so do whatever feels fun.
>>
>>53914317
If you're the one asking for feedback on backstory, then no.
For that person, move by wire is bad for this. Get wired reflexes instead. Removing move by wire means you keep a form of mega epilepsy, but with no way to control it. So the dream of removing cyberware and becoming an artist is dead on arrival, literally just impossible.
>>
>>53914353
>Removing move by wire
chummer, AFAIS the MBW is still there, just the arms are not
So imagine MBW
and then cut off the parts that are in the arms
that's the MBW that should still be there
since the arms aren't in a state of seizure they should be calm, just the rest isn't

>calle childs
come on, captcha
insulting others won't change anything
>>
>>53914427
That doesn't make any sense
If you cut off the part of MBW in the arms, then your arms will spasm uncontrollably.
The MBW in the rest would be fine, but that's even worse for art then mega epilepsy.
You seem to think that MBW causes the seizures locally, but it controls them locally. The seizures are created in the brain, which is why it's super highly invasive and pants-on-head retarded to remove. The way to stop the brain from creating seizures is to literally cut in in half, separating the right and left hemisphere. This fucks the person up hardcore, essentially making him two different people.
>>
>>53914561
>If you cut off the part of MBW in the arms, then your arms will spasm uncontrollably.
CHUMMER, READ THE POST
>>53913517
>lost both of her arms
>cyberarms
WHAT PART OF CYBERARMS DO YOU NOT GET?
>>
>>53914561
Also, where do you see that it puts THE BRAIN in a state of seizure, and not just the muscles?
Because I'm pretty sure that if your BRAIN is in a seizure you can't consciously move, since you can't think straight
>>
If you're gonna get so assblasted asking for feedback, then don't.

It's a game of fucking pretend, do whatever the fuck you want.
>>
>>53914758
Chummer, I'm
>>53914632
>>53914585
I'm not the Poster of the character background (their post is >>53914088)
>>
>>53914585
Cyberarms are controlled the same way as normal arms.
>>
>>53914632
You don't seem to understand how muscles work.
The brain can not be put in a state of seizure, it's not a muscle.
It puts muscles in a state of seizure by sending them what is effectively noise. The muscles themselves can not put themselves into such a state, unless they were equipped with some sort of mechanism to take in electrical systems from outside the CNS, at which point they would be uncontrollable via the brain.
The way MBW works is by giving the brain turbo epilepsy, so it sends out shittons of noise to the muscles all the time. Then, they install a system that reads your brain's conscious efforts to move your muscles, and does its best to control the seizures to match this desired movement.
>>
>>53914822
yes, and?
Placing the brain into epilepsy is not the case (otherwise you'd fall unconscious).
The description says:
>Move-by-Wire System: Move-by-wire-systems are the cutting-edge
>in motion control and reaction augmentation. They
>operate by putting the user’s body in a constant state of seizure,
>so that it wishes to move in all directions simultaneously.
This means that the body (muscles) are in a state of seizure, not the brain. It also explains why it acts as a Active Skillwire: The commands are translated to the release of motion.
>>
>>53914889
See >>53914874
Brains can not be in a state of seizure. They can have epilepsy.
>>
>>53914874
>at which point they would be uncontrollable via the brain.
chummer, when you use MBW you don't send commands to the muscles, cause those are trying to move in all directions.
You are sending commands to the implanted Expert system that analyses the impulses and translates it into reduction of muscle inhibition
You are not spraying water with a hose, you are opening certain floodgates.
>>
>>53914994
You're sending commands to the muscles. Your brain can't do anything else.
The MBW system intercepts those, then relays them to the muscles. It also supresses the bullshit noise being sent. Removing the system means no bullshit repressor.
>>
>From 5e
"The system works by putting the user’s entire body into a permanent seizure, using electrical impulses to direct those seizures towards an eventual end goal, such as “move here” or “stab that guy.” In many ways, this isn’t unlike a high-end aircraft, where hundreds of computerized micro-corrections are required to keep it flying, only using metahuman flesh and bone instead of high-end carbon and aluminum."

>From Wikipedia
An epileptic seizure, also known as an epileptic fit, seizure or fit, is a brief episode of signs or symptoms due to abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain. The outward effect can vary from uncontrolled jerking movement (tonic-clonic seizure) to as subtle as a momentary loss of awareness (absence seizure).

Like >>53914994 said, MBW fucks with your brain and nervous system, then you use the cyberware to direct your body to wildly flail in the exact direction you want it to.
>>
>>53913517 Here
I'm not really reading anywhere that says MBW cannot ever be removed, could someone point me to that in the fluff? I would imagine that if someone had the system removed, whatever causes the constant seizure (aside from TLE-x, which is it's own thing that would cause seizures regardless until treated) would also be removed/reverted.
>>
>>53915056
>The MBW system intercepts those, then relays them to the muscles. It also supresses the bullshit noise being sent.
Chummer, why would you assume this system has to interfere with the brain at all
Step 1: MBW system makes all muscles start to seize.
Step 2: MBW system sends inhibitory signal to muscles.
Step 3: Brain wishes to make muscles contract. Sends the signal to muscles.
Step 4: Implanted expert system takes signal, converts it into reduction of inhibition.
Step 5: Muscle moves more in the way where it is less inhibited, leading to motion

So yeah. No involvement of the Brain.

And as >>53915137 said: When removing the MBW system they also most likely remove the part that causes Step 1
>>
>>53915262
Oh, and it also means that Cyberlimbs should work as normal, since they are most likely limited by the flesh part.
>>
>>53914335
Jazz requires a supply line though. If you're sending someone to sit in a jungle on the other side of the ocean they'll need a more permanent solution.
>>
File: 8.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
8.gif
2MB, 480x270px
Has anyone used the Berserk Adept power? Is it really worth a whole PP for +1 body, str agi and reaction for a brief time?
>>
>>53915808
It's not great as a power on its own, but it's fun for flavor, making a norse berserker adept.
>>
So, since I realize that waiting around for somebody else to GM Shadowrun for me isn't going to happen anytime soon... Got any tips for a newbie? I'm not a total newb, I've played Shadowrun before, but it's never gotten very far. I was thinking of running modules (starting from Food Fight, of course) with some tweaks for an episodic feel. Any recommendations there?
>>
glass everywhere
http://www.usglassmag.com/digital/2013/May2013.pdf

make your inner walls glass so no pests can live in your walls undetected.
>>
>>53916457
Well:
In the OP is a pastebin. In it is a link to a Mediafire folder. BOOKMARK IT. This contains all SR books.
In the OP is a link to chummer5, it will make your life significantly easier. the developer posts here as yekka
Also in the mediafire is a folder called "Hayek Sheets". These are cheat sheets for the various subsystems
Read the books multiple times, you'll have to
Use RAI often. you'll need it (of course it won't save you from when the intended rule is retarded)
Consider multiple paths for the runs. Don't have the success be hinged on them getting that one path right.
Be ready to let mooks act smart. If they can avoid doing something stupid and are not retarded they should avoid it.
If you have questions about some rules or want critique of some build: ask (with characters you can print them to pdf and post them here)
Involve your players
Brush your teeth
Watch your back
Shoot straight
Conserve ammo
And never, ever deal with a dragon

Also: Someone make a new thread
>>
>>53916457
In general: the New GM document in the pastebin. If in SR5, the cheat sheets and rules summaries are life savers.

The structure of runs in Shadowrun makes it pretty convenient for episodic content. You can do whatever unrelated odd jobs without worrying much about an overarching plot.
>>
NEW THREAD
>>53917229
>>53917229
Thread posts: 336
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.