[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>crunch-loving party member keeps implying my air-headed Illusionist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: d7a3319f6883b169.png (509KB, 564x564px) Image search: [Google]
d7a3319f6883b169.png
509KB, 564x564px
>crunch-loving party member keeps implying my air-headed Illusionist is silly and should be rebuilt
>>
>>53863795
You should tell him that his snide comments make the game unfun for you.
>>
File: Megumin.(KonoSuba).full.1978894.jpg (1MB, 2000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
Megumin.(KonoSuba).full.1978894.jpg
1MB, 2000x1414px
>>53863795
Aqua is fine as a character. Trash when you compare her to best girl though.
>>
>>53863795

Play in a system that doesn't cater to crunch faggots.

There are RPGs that make it so balance between PCs is always perfect.

No bullshit where the wizard is a million times better than a fighter.

Everyone is equal thanks to balanced character creation.
>>
>>53863795
>I want to play as a goddess

DESU, I'm not blaming him. If I were GM, I'd need a damn good reason for you to play one, let alone play as one when the other guy is a first level thief.
>>
File: QOuDTa9.jpg (21KB, 381x225px) Image search: [Google]
QOuDTa9.jpg
21KB, 381x225px
>>53863840
>envious about all the cool sleight of hand things

>>53863820
>>53863919
i'll try to, thanks. The thing is, not much groups in this area and roll20 in not an option

>>53863939
he's not a thief, - a fighter \ paladin. And I just want a fun character, not a stuck-up bore or something overpowered
>>
>>53863795
>my air-headed Illusionist
Tell them that her air-headedness is just another illusion.
>>
>>53863795
They should shut up.

Crunch is fine. I would define myself as a crunch-fag. I am a crunch-loving party member... But at the same time, optimizing a character means making them as good as possible... for what they want to do. Take D&D. Martials are shit, without a doubt, but if you want to make a weaponmaster who uses a few dozen different weapons, then do that! Grab whatever feats/items you need to make that stuff as easy as possible, etc. And then make it an interesting character fluffwise as well.

So for your air-headed illusionist, As long as you've got illusion spells, and they're effective (in that they mechanically have a pretty good chance of affecting people), then that's all you need for a good character. Play them however you want.
>>
>>53864194

A crunch loving person playing a fighter/paladin thinks a full caster is silly? By level 5 you'll have out optimized him just by playing a full caster. Although you have to watch it with a focus on illusions, in my experience that's the school of magic that is most dependent on the DM playing along.
>>
>>53863795
>my air-headed Illusionist

How stupid do you play your character? This is important.

Do you roleplay her lack of intelligence to the point where she is just as much of a hindrance to the party as she is of any help, if not moreso?
>>
>>53864419
This.

Make super precise decisions and be the most god damn professional of the group, working your hardest. Also be on point and sharp with your wit.
However, roleplay them as a ditzy and airheaded as possible. It's all on your delivery, OP. When you get called out by "hey you are not an airhead after all" you bring "Actually that was just an illusion" and BAM.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.