[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1564: Real Eater Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 542
Thread images: 64

File: JumpchainOP.pdf (6MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
JumpchainOP.pdf
6MB, 1x1px
>Google Drive
http://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
http://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
http://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>53847581
>>
Could Real Eater turn Jumpchain into a good thread?
>>
>>53861015
Well, it can't change powersources and the source of Jumpchain is us. So, no.
>>
What are some neat ideas for uses of Real Eater that you've come up with?
>>
File: blazblue-alter-memory-ep-2-3.jpg (95KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
blazblue-alter-memory-ep-2-3.jpg
95KB, 1920x1080px
>>53861015

I'm still salty about not being able to have All Fiction in Medaka Box
>>
File: IT IS TIME.gif (1MB, 334x286px) Image search: [Google]
IT IS TIME.gif
1MB, 334x286px
>>53860998
This is at least the fourth time we've had a Real Eater edition. I demand you use Real Eater and change the title to something more interesting.
>>
>>53856912
>>53856990
Dude, the canon mechs are dogshit. Do you know anything about Chucklefuck development?
>>
>>53861088
BUT REAL EATER'S THE ONLY PERK YOU NEED, ANON.
>>
>>53861151
THEN USE REAL EATER ON REAL EATER.
>>
>>53861201
Would that create Fake Eater or Real Drinker?
>>
>>53861067
Using it on Enhanced Learning from Worm so that it instead becomes Enhanced Teaching.
>>
Is there even a single jumper who could defeat the Weird Man?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tcygOGHsWY
>>
>>53861283
How could anyone beat him? He brought a ham!
>>
>>53861067
Adventure Monarch, Elemental Monarch, change the Element to something different than the default ones. Be the Meat King!
>>
>>53861351
I don't think that works like that?
>>
File: Terraria Jump.pdf (139KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Terraria Jump.pdf
139KB, 1x1px
Alright, I said I'd be back to post the rewritten Symbiote Jump, and the updated Terraria Jump.

Up first, the Terraria mod update:
>Add: Thorium Seeding
>>Effectively adds the Thorium mod to your Jump.
>Add: More Major Modifications
>>Lets you add a selection of other mods to your Jump.
>Add: Notes section explanations and links to the resources for these mods, as sparse as they may be.
>>
File: my jumper 5.jpg (304KB, 550x800px) Image search: [Google]
my jumper 5.jpg
304KB, 550x800px
Well it's that time again; I am looking for some more suggestions to add to my list of jumps to roll for. Here is a list of jumps I have already taken https://pastebin.com/u26SLK0X
Thanks in advance.

8. Free Choice
>>
File: Symbiote Jump.pdf (104KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Symbiote Jump.pdf
104KB, 1x1px
Symbiote Jump Rewrite:
>Change: Rewrote the backgrounds and their perks
>>They're not Human and the Symbiote types anymore, so it's no longer a , "one background," Jump
>Change: Added a section for Symbiote abilities as perks
>>They allow you to do everything that the prior perks for the backgrounds in the previous background allowed for
>Change: Moved Bio-Injector to the Companions section
>>It allows anyone you turn into a Symbiote, and that reaches synergy with their host before you have to leave, the choice of becoming a Companion
>Add: Human, Gray-Matter Transfer, and Imprisoned as Drawbacks
>>These are a slightly better fit as drawbacks, since they gimp one or more of your abilities and limit what you're able to do and take from the Jump itself
>>
>>53861439
>https://pastebin.com/u26SLK0X
Kill La Kill
>>
>>53861439
Terraria and Symbiote just updated. May as well, Rave.
>>
>>53861439
Star Wars OT, or KotOR.
>>
>>53860701
>100 CP Backgrounds for all but Drop Ins
You still get a ton of free shit, 100cp isn't going to ruin your build.

>Droid Bonus history has you as an actual droid; no option for Vader style living person with a machine body.
1.) I like having a droid option. 2.) I've said multiple times that you retain your force powers from previous jumps if you pick droid and that you don't need to be a jedi three times to maximize your potential.

>Boba Fett's Arm blaster thing not actually discounted for Bounty Hunters.
Because I've already balanced the discounts and given bounty hunter's a free weapon.

>Cargo holds still don't have the bay door or elevator they would need as real life ship and not a movie prop
Since when has star wars ever cared about realism? Also I'm going off existing examples and and few ships had one. Plus, as I've said before, not everyone is gonna be hauling a bunch of cargo.

>Still trying to charge for Intercoms on ANY ship in a high tech space opera.
Because you obviously just can't yell or use a phone or telepathy.

It's fine as it is. I'm gonna leave it be.
>>
>>53861439
Magical Pokemon Journey. It's in the Uploads folder right now, I think.
>>
>>53861456
>>53861460
>>53861475

K added to the list thank you
>>
>>53861221
>Fake Eater
What would that even do? Change powers you don't have?
>>
>>53861450
>increasing the efficiency of all of your body's physical functions. Alternatively, you
Cuts off.
>>
>>53861512
alright added to the list. Thank you.
>>
Question to Val: Can Ymgarl Adaptability potentially include mutations that enhance your psyker powers? If so what sort of things could a honorary zoanthrope develop?
>>
>>53861554
Mother fucking fuck. It's supposed to read, "Alternatively, you can augment your skeleton with inorganic components like metal, without your body rejecting them, or integrate mechanical parts into your body, such as fabricating a coil gun made from a high-end defibrillator station and mounting it in place of your forearm. Y'know, whichever floats your proverbial boat."

Shit. Gimme a minute.
>>
>>53861450
Why does eventually becoming god make you have to stay if it takes like a decade to pull off?
>>
>>53861450
Been meaning to ask but for Berzerker OS if we choose to split our Symbiote into a companion would we be able to still use it or other Symbiote abilities on our own?
>>
>>53861506
Do shields scale with ship size? The shields that can take one blast from a turbo laser is nice on a light freighter but on a corvette it would be rather pitiful.
>>
>>53861587
Sort of? I could see it mutating your brain to better handle the strain when you're channeling a particularly large amount, which would probably let you do more and withstand more, but it's not going to directly evolve psychic powers specifically. Well, I guess this example already improves them all around.
>>
>>53861624
Kinda. Corvettes are definitely more durable than the other ships but a star destroyer could still easily take one out.
>>
>>53861634
Cool, thanks. Hah, I immediately thought of those ayys from Mars Attacks!
>>
>>53861634
Would Bigger is Better from Tomb Kings assist you in combining energy types using Boosted Tandem Style, or does it only apply to large structures?
>>
>>53861634
Hey Val, it was asked a couple threads ago, but would the Antichrist be accepted as a Servant? What do you think of >>53828748 >>53828894 as an NP? Kosher or no?
>>
>>53861634
>rising and falling as the other does so
Would they fall beyond a base? Like, if you lose your body, will you be rendered psychically impotent? If you lend away your psychic powers or get caught by a Blank, would you be unable to so much as stand?
>>
>>53861714
>beyond
*below
>>
File: Symbiote Jump.pdf (105KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Symbiote Jump.pdf
105KB, 1x1px
>>53861595
Because you become a nascent reality warper with an effective range of, "I'm kinda, like, half-way to Mars right now." Kinda outstrips the power cap on most Jumps.

>>53861600
You both keep the abilities you gain as a Symbiote, yes. In addition, like it says after the endings, they gain learned skills(like magic) and purely genetic traits(such as being a Conduit) that you have, as though they'd been in you from before you started your Jump.
>>
>>53861450
The symbiotes granted by default to the jumper/companions still have the Berzerker Protocol in them, right? You need to handle it one way or another unless yours comes from the Bio-Injector?
>>
>>53861439
How about A Super Mario Thing? Might have to go a thread or two back to get the pdf, but it should be right about done.
>>
>>53861397
>Notes:
>Island/World Size:
>Unless you take the Drawback, "Downgrade to the Original Form," the world the world is a fully three-dimensional, mostly circular continent;

in the drawbacks section this one is named "The Original: A Downgrade".

>with the Drawback, it instead has a radius based on its size, measured in

in the drawbacks section this is a different one named "Where's The Rest?"
>>
>>53861728
>You both keep the abilities you gain as a Symbiote

Thank you, it was constantly bothering me whether or not I would keep it. Like the rewrite so far.
>>
>>53861735
That they do. Its why I gave Berzerker OS a discount for baseline synergized pairs.
>>
>>53861728
Assuming it does "outstrip the power cap on most jumps", do you have time to reverse it before your chain ends?
>>
>>53861728
So just interjump balance? Cause most jumps don't offer technology near as bullshit, with or without the cap.
>>
>>53861761
I figured, but wanted to make sure. Looking good.
>>
>>53861753
Sure I'll add it to the list, thanks
>>
>>53861688
Mmm,, don't think it'd work on that. I think it could extend to stuff like maybe creating spells but it'd still need to be creating something, not combining two things through another perk.

>>53861698
As far as I'm aware, the Antichrist is someone that is meant to exist in the future or at least the actual present, not far enough back to count as a potential Servant. I wouldn't think of him as valid if that's true.

As to the NP, depends on what else it can do. The stated effects seem okay for an EX rank but it mentions being able to do more then the example given in the first post, so I'd want confirmation that everything it can do is described in the two posts before okaying it.

>>53861714
Mm, not sure. Probably won't fall below a base level of physical and mental functionality but they will fall to an extent if one does.
>>
>>53861728
Well, whether or not I agree or disagree, it's fine as long as you say it's allowed to happen outside the jump if you find a way how. Other jumps aren't a good reason to add fiat caps to things in any case, people never shut up about that kind of thing and get mad at it just for it being there, whether or not they care about the substance of the ruling.
>>
>>53861756
These are problems from the original that I missed. I'm getting more and more convinced that my brain just plain does not work.

>>53861767
It's not a thing that can be reversed. You and your Symbiote become permanently fused together into a single mind, which is not really a thing you can hit, "undo," on.

>>53861774
Really? Kantai Collection's, "Savage Salvage," along with either Prototype or, "Kinesis," from Marvel(taking it as autokinesis, modified for strength and speed with other perks) gives you basically exactly the same thing, with the limitation of what technology you can find or make.
>>
>>53861788
Hmm... What about something like Conjoined Conjures?

It's a bit grayer than TS, as you're still using your understanding of two systems to "create" something from two components. It's certainly more of a "project" than "enlightenment" or something that just happens.
>>
>>53861841
That's just the same thing with a different cover.
>>
>>53861839
Ah, k.
>>
>>53861450
I don't see a symbiote companion option, much less an import, even though it's mentioned other places in the document.
>>
>>53861839
>You and your Symbiote become permanently fused together
Ah. K, senpai.
>>
>>53861728
Actual Backgrounds in addition to the normal Symbiote abilities was a great idea. Now I might have to be really choosy about the stuff I buy.

But yeah, that's a good question, can the Symbiote fusion happen outside of the jump? I'm already happy with what you do get, but clarification is nice.
>>
>>53861839
So getting a Symbiote is basically a trap option, and doing something that a jumper with a few intelligence perks could do while drunk and sleeping, will end your chain.

Why not just limit it Post-Spark like normal jumps?
>>
>>53861866
I suppose? Kind of? Thanks, anyway.
>>
>>53861728
There are still references to importing a companion as your own symbiote, but it looks like that section of Jolly Cooperation got lost in the shuffle, leaving only the mechanics of importing two companions into a pair. I assume imports to your own symbiote still don't get the 600cp (because they're already using yours), so you probably should add that bit back in.
>>
>>53861391
One of the examples given in Real Eater is changing a skill's output from 'fire' to 'ice', so it should work. The catch with RE is that you can't make a skill run off a different power source (e.g. you can't abuse an infinite stamina perk by RE'ing all your perks to run off stamina instead of mana/ki/whatever).
>>
>>53861728
Fampai, Berserker OS is still discounted fort synergized pair.
>>
>>53861907
>trap option
It's only a 'trap' if you're a dumbass.
>>
>>53860105
Yeah, it's like a semi-endgame ship, it doesn't have any of the Hyperdrive stuff that summons the Unbidden, but it does have particle Lances and stuff
>>53859546
On the matter of Gaia worlds I do see that it's a pretty good advantage, without it there would be many spots you can't really inhabit or utilize but with it you can.

On the matter of Government Ethics. They're not perks, they're how your government runs. It's basically a free form allowance to mold the facets of your government how you wish, there aren't "advantages" outside of the ethics perks and Techs.

On the AI assistant I guess I will change that, you're right that that shouldn't be the wording.

On the personal squad, I knew I forgot to change something. Though if enough people don't find a problem with it it will stay

Finally, the victory conditions will have to stay. They're the only way to win the Stellaris Game, they're like Civilizations Domination Victories.
>>
>>53861973
So basically, it's a trap for him.
>>
>>53861973
The shitposter is the biggest dumbass in the thread.
>>
>>53861788
>As far as I'm aware, the Antichrist is someone that is meant to exist in the future or at least the actual present, not far enough back to count as a potential Servant. I wouldn't think of him as valid if that's true.
The wank that I was going off of was that the Antichrist Servant is based on the idea of, and common belief in the Antichrist throughout history, culminated in someone who was strongly believed to have been him in the past being overrided by the much stronger legend of the Antichrist when they were being summoned.

As for what the NP can do, besides what was in those posts, it could also make things it hits do things 'in the future'. The way it works is that it hits something, and then that thing will eventually make an out of character decision that they would not have otherwise, or 'taking a different path' then the one it would normally.
>>
>>53861973
Don't mind him he is one of those paranoid jumpers talked about at the bottom of the jump.
>>
>>53861391
>I don't think that works like that?
Literally what it does anon.
>>
>>53861983
Really, he's doing the multiverse a favor.
>>
>>53861839
Not really. Kantai Collection doesn't even have nanotechnology, let alone femptotech. Savage Salvage doesn't let you get anywhere close to Symbiote tech without going to other clarketech heavy jumps. Same with Prototype. And Marvel, in terms of powerlevels and tech is ludicrously better than most settings.
>>
>>53861961
Yeah, but in Elemental Monarchs case, you'd be stuck with the Element you chose originally because you can't change the source of a power, only the output, and the source of your elemental power is being a monarch of that element. You can't change your element then.
>>
>>53861982
>Yeah, it's like a semi-endgame ship, it doesn't have any of the Hyperdrive stuff that summons the Unbidden, but it does have particle Lances and stuff
Thanks! What about the import?
>>
>>53861728
Is there a way you can put in that thing which shrank our organs while increasing efficiency like the last version, or the skeleton/muscle nanotube stuff?
>>
>>53861973
So, what, do you permanently have this arbitrary warning sequestered in your memory, or will you receive it when you get too close to "fusing"? Or do you receive it once, and it's a trap to anyone who hasn't taken perfect memory perks or takes an amnesia drawback? Or anyone who takes one of those "rival" drawbacks now has an enemy who's a powerful reality warper that they can never hope to defeat?
>>
File: Terraria Jump.pdf (141KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Terraria Jump.pdf
141KB, 1x1px
>>53861880
>>53861949
You know, you remember this stuff right up until you start writing it. I'll be back.

>>53861905
You can, yes, though space is always a concern. It's the size of a skyscraper, which means it has the volume of a skyscraper. That's not going to fit in your Warehouse.

>>53861907
>trap option
I do not have a facepalm reaction image that expresses the intensity I require of one right now. You lack reading comprehension.

The ability to incorporate tech is covered by Savage Salvage and Prototype or Kinesis. Unless you have tech that allows you to make an AI using an image of your own consciousness and then fuse with it, you're not getting close to that.

>>53862025
Enhanced Body under the Symbiote Perks.

Fixed the notes on Terraria's world altering drawbacks.
>>
>>53862029
Yes. Now fuck off, no one cares.
>>
>>53861982

Here are some ideas if you don't mind

>On the AI assistant I guess I will change that, you're right that that shouldn't be the wording.

If it's a companion like entity that doesn't take up a companion slot and can't import it's called a follower

>On the personal squad, I knew I forgot to change something. Though if enough people don't find a problem with it it will stay

I think you should get rid of the "Share all perks at 100%" if imported and then having them take up all of the companion slots isn't very good either. Just change them to standard followers or move them to the companion section

Also race import option when anon?
>>
>>53862046
I just read the first chapter of Symbiote, and I have to say, I'm liking it.
>>
>>53861397
Can you give a brief summary of what each mod is about?
>>
>>53862046
>You lack reading comprehension.
How so? It's a fairly limited power-level which you can't return from that immediately ends your chain that can be easily accomplished by any jumper worth their salt, by accident. It's basically a permanent drawback for no points.
>>
>>53862068
Right at the bottom of the doc at the drawbacks there's the "Civilization from Jumps past" option. Thanks for the recommendation on the AI and soldiers.

I think I'll just remove the 100% thing and have them share it all equally.
>>53862019
See above
>>
>>53862029
>>53862100
Fusing with your Symbiote is a conscious choice, and one that takes an absolute shit-ton of biomass to make the structures necessary to; it doesn't come from nowhere. You have to take it in, and even then there's space and heat concerns to worry about; it's the size of a damn skyscraper, and the only two places that they figured could house one is one of the poles, or space.

One hermits himself up in Antarctica, the other buggers off to terraform Mars.

Actually fixed the drop-off under Enhanced Body - there was some fuckery going on with my exporter program that wasn't updating the existing files when saving over them; had to delete them and export again - and added the clause that lets you import a Companion as your own Symbiote.
>>
File: Symbiote Jump.pdf (106KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Symbiote Jump.pdf
106KB, 1x1px
>>53862180
AND I FORGOT TO ATTACH IT, FUCK MY NON-FUNCTIONAL BRAIN!
>>
>>53862200
>FUCK MY NON-FUNCTIONAL BRAIN!
Kinky.
>>
File: A Super Mario Thing.pdf (3MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
A Super Mario Thing.pdf
3MB, 1x1px
>>53861753
>Mario
Seeing as people seem to find the jump about ready to start making builds for, here's what I'm really hoping is the last version of A Super Mario Thing. Please let me know if this works; if everything is a go, I can upload it to the drive.
>>
>>53862200
Your symbiote could probably arrange for that.

Whether they would or /should/ is another matter entirely.
>>
>>53862046
To be honest, while calling it a trap is stupid, having it end your chain if you do it is a load of garbage. If you're going to go that far, then just hardcap it; ending someones chain for trying it and making it an irreversible process is just dickish and stupid.

That said you should probably just say that it's allowed since your only justification in the first place was interjump balance, it isn't even particularly high level for the extreme of measures taken to prevent it happening, and you just shouldn't make rulings that thing which aren't dying would end your chain.
>>
>>53862200
>FUCK MY NON-FUNCTIONAL BRAIN!

I think you need a Symbiote to help you.
>>
Need some ideas for drawbacks.
>>
>>53861986
That would be too far for the NP then. It's already got power reduction and the ability to change things with pretty few limits, it also being able to set in commands for the future is just one extra ability too far. I'd be okay with using the existing abilities to simulate that, like changing someone at the time so that they're going to make that decision later on, since that's a lot less utility then being able to time delay these changes/transformations the NP can give.

Anyway, as to that idea, I'm still going to side with no, mostly because of two things. One, you don't have a named figure for the one strongly believed to be the antichrist and two, the legend of the antichrist is still something that would be in the future or present, rather then the past.
>>
>>53861506
>Because I've already balanced the discounts and given bounty hunter's a free weapon.
A free weapon choice of 100 CP weapons, which the bounty hunters iconic arm blaster isn't. If you want to use that excuse, drop its price so it is a valid choice as the bounty hunters free weapon

>Since when has star wars ever cared about realism? Also I'm going off existing examples and and few ships had one. Plus, as I've said before, not everyone is gonna be hauling a bunch of cargo.
And the ones who don't haul cargo don't have cargo holds. You are placing big empty spaces in ships without a way practical way to get things in or out of them. It's like saying front doors don't need to be standard in houses because it is possible to go in and out the window. This is not Star Wars looking stupid, this is YOU looking stupid

Frankly, cargo doors and elevators (and intercoms) should never have been something you listed or charged for at all. It is a level if detail below the type of ships systems the rest of the supplement deals with. Like how many door and rooms there are in the ship. Incidental stuff and fluff details that could have chosen at whim by the jumper when the ship was described. Until you listed it and slapped a CP cost on it

>Because you obviously just can't yell or use a phone or telepathy
using a internal phone system would basically be an intercom system, Einstein. Intercom is short for Internal Communications System. And they are necessary on ships so the person driving the ship can communicate with the rest of the ship without leaving his station. Do non expect voice to carry to every level or room on the millennium falcon, for example. The living room in my house is next door to the kitchen with an opening between the two, and half the time it seems someone talking in one won't be heard in the others because of how the sound travels, and incidental things like noise from televisions, microwaves, ice-makers, & whatnot. Dramatic ship noises are louder
>>
>>53862180
>one that takes an absolute shit-ton of biomass to make the structures necessary to; it doesn't come from nowhere
In-setting. All it takes is one lapse in attention, and you take a perk that makes it happen automatically. And then, suddenly, your chain is ended. No save, go home, even though you're already far beyond the infinitesimal powerlevels of Symbiote. At the very least, it forces everyone's Benefactor to act extremely asinine and arbitrarily. Maybe if it said, "If you're not already beyond Bob and Ayya, then fusing with your Symbiote will end your Chain." But otherwise it makes no sense.
>>
>>53862180
He is shitposting. Please ignore him.
>>
>>53862200
>Berzerker OS [600CP; Discount: Synergized Pair (not Human, Imprisoned, or Gray-Matter Transfer)]
>>
>>53862217
>>53862230
>>53862245
I was laughing at my own incompetence as I posted that, and now I'm laughing even harder at how far you're taking it.

This is why I come to /jcg/. This right here. The feeling of accomplishment, and the fact that some of you are fucking hilarious to be around.

>>53862327
Yes, and?

Seriously, it looks like you forgot to finish writing this post.
>>
>>53862017
Hmm. On the other hand, it is Adventure Time lore that the Elementals' ability to manipulate their respective element depends on how much magic there is in the world, which indicates that their power source is magic. And the perk in the jump uses the picture of the Ice King (the 'Monarch' in 'Elemental Monarch'), who is not an Elemental and whose power over the element of ice is actually granted by a corrupted wish-granting magic crown (it's supposed to grant your deepest wish, but its first wearer's deepest wish was actually to be just like their senpai, the Ice Elemental wizard).

So anyway tldr it's magic that's doing the heavy lifting.
>>
>>53862200
Can you actually justify the limit beyond "it's too OP for other jumps" ?
>>
>>53862259
>One, you don't have a named figure for the one strongly believed to be the antichrist
If you are going with the interpretation of the Antichrist as charismatic demagogue, most people would call actual Hitler a good fit.
>>
>>53862346
My point is there's no options to decide where to be a Synergized Pair in this version, or Imprisoned, or Gray Matter. All the other Symbiote perks are based off of background, but there's no Symbiote backgrounds.
>>
>>53862375
Drawbacks my friend, drawbacks.
>>
>>53862046
Might want to turn off text justification for the "List of existing information from mod creators" paragraph.
>>
>>53861982
>On the matter of Gaia worlds I do see that it's a pretty good advantage, without it there would be many spots you can't really inhabit or utilize but with it you can.
How much is getting use out of 100% of a single world really worth to a galactic scale empire? Or is the idea you only start off with one planet, because then I can see it being worth buying.

>On the matter of Government Ethics. They're not perks, they're how your government runs. It's basically a free form allowance to mold the facets of your government how you wish, there aren't "advantages" outside of the ethics perks and Techs.
You list advantages for the other ethics. Materialists are better at science and luxury, Xenophiles have better relations with aliens, etc.

>Finally, the victory conditions will have to stay. They're the only way to win the Stellaris Game, they're like Civilizations Domination Victories.
Video game jumps do not normally force you to win the game. Even Civilization only has its victory conditions being optional ways to end the jump early.
>>
>>53862375
I'm pretty sure that's what the "(not Human, Imprisoned, or Gray-Matter Transfer)" thing is for.
I think it means that so long as you don't take any of those drawbacks, you count as a Synergized Pair.
>>
>>53862371
Sure but that's not something he's known for. He's not widely considered to have been the antichrist AND he'd be past the cut off date anyway so even if he were known for it, it'd circle around to still having two issues.
>>
>>53862397
Wait. So you're a Synergized Pair by default?
>>
>>53862259
>One, you don't have a named figure for the one strongly believed to be the antichrist and two, the legend of the antichrist is still something that would be in the future or present, rather then the past.
Not really. I could give a name if you want, there have been several Popes called Antichrist during major times of strife in the church, like during the Great Schism where three separate Popes claimed the position and called each other the Antichrist. The point was that the original servant was so heavily associated with the Antichrist that it overrided everything else about them
>>
>>53862200
In the Civilian perk Picking It Up it says
>even to people that would normally be willing to swallow the line, hook, line, and sinker.
which seems a bit weirdly worded.
>>
>>53862426
You got it.
>>
>>53862439
Well shit. brb, off to fucking kill myself for lack of reading comprehension.
>>
>>53862442
Don't feel too bad I tripped up myself when I first read it and was gonna ask about it till I thought about it some more.
>>
>>53862358
Precedent. Forgotten Realms doesn't allow you to become a deity, and if you enter it as a deity, you need to figure out a way to abdicate your deific power before the end of the jump, or you get stuck there.

It makes you a nascent reality warper that's referred to in-canon as a god, and as mentioned, you can't undo the fusion once you've completed it, so there's no way of abdicating that power.

>>53862375
>Human is a Drawback
>The implication is that you're part of a Symbiote pair
>There's only three kinds, and Imprisoned and Gray-Matter Transfer are also Drawbacks
>That only leaves the one

>>53862434
A little bit, sure, but where I'm from a line is used to refer to, "a line of bullshit," or something someone said that's clear, to at least you, that it's a falsification.
>>
Was the Marvel Magic jump ever finished?
>>
>>53862454
yeah, understand the 'line of bullshit' thing, it just seems weird for some reason.
>>
>>53862448
Seconded.
I did a search through the document for where to buy "Synergized Pair' before looking taking a look at the drawback section.
>>
>>53862480
That, is actually what I did too.
>>
>>53862410
>>53861982
In the game, a Gaia planet is good because your capital planet will normally house buildings that give percentile bonuses to empire-wide production. A Gaia world helps you maximize those bonuses. However I don't think you'll be that mechanic about it.
>>
>>53861982
What about an option for planetary modifier mod?
>>
>>53862259
>It's already got power reduction and the ability to change things with pretty few limits, it also being able to set in commands for the future is just one extra ability too far.
It can't actually control what happens or if anything happens at all to the people hit with it if that helps. It's more like a side effect of the NP than anything else, that things hit with it just sort of act in ways contrary to what they usually would. If that's too much, then I'll forget about it, since I had more thought out for the servant then one NP anyway.
>>
>>53862454
Forgotten Realms is a terrible cookie cutter jump, and if you enter it as a deity that doesn't run on Divine Ranks (which is strictly a D&D thing) then you've got no problem.

And if you did get Divine Ranks then all you have to do to leave is shove them all into avatars, leave the jump, then take them back.
>>
>>53862454
Fr deities are metaphysically connected to their settings. They're the anthropomorphic personifications of concepts in the D&D-verse, and in the Realms cannot exist without worshippers. That seems plenty justified. Also, godhood requires either specific magic or innate gifts to obtain. It's not something that's built-in to FR denizens. Also, it allows you to abdicate the power, which makes it more reasonable. Give you a whole ten years, in fact.

>you can't undo the fusion
In-setting. Saying that is can't be done with perks is just asinine.
>>
>>53862200
Any chance of the old Human tree's early-bird implant suite/genemodding regime making it in? Maybe in blueprint form, or as an upgrade to the weapon cache?
>>
>>53862433
Well, yes really. Even ignoring the basic issue of the overriding legend not being valid, you yourself admit you need someone heavily associated with the antichrist as a base. Yet all those popes you just cited don't seem heavily associated to me. The fact that there were several each calling each other that sounds like it's vague and unclear to me.

Regardless of either of our thoughts on what the original being was, the problem here is that the main part of the Servant isn't one that makes sense, since they'd either be present and alive or in the future or nothing at all like the legend portrays them, any of which would bar them from becoming a Servant.

>>53862512
Is this referring to the ability to change things or just to the part where you can set in commands for later activation? The former doesn't make any sense based on the rest of your posts, so I'm assuming the latter. If so, that'd be fine then.
>>
>>53862410
1) you only start off with one planet, so it's a very big advantage compared to others.

2)oh you meant those particular ones and not the whole ethics section. Huh must have missed that. Fixed.

3) yes while that is true I do feel that it is much better to make the victory conditions the way to end the Jump. They aren't particularly hard or even challenging, but I think I will pick a Civil way of doing things.
>>
>>53862465
Yes?
>>
>>53862454
>using the FR jump
>as precedent for anything
Just because it's been in a jump doesn't mean it's a great design decision, especially not when your "precedent" is from a jump that's universally-panned. This is like Record trying to justify infinite-CP time extension because it exists in Imperium, but worse because no one seriously considers FR decent.
>>
>>53862558
And I fucking forgot my name. Great
>>
>>53862200
The intro/history mentions "Some time back in the fifties", but what's the current date at the start of the jump?
>>
>>53862524
Combined pairs on the System Node level don't leave their home systems under normal circumstances. Bee was worried about adjusting himself at all lest he warp space by accident in the process. When the protagonist asked, the response was "Maybe when the Sun's between us. Maybe."

In-system they can teleport puppet bodies around for flexible vantage points, but otherwise they're planted in N different spacial dimensions.
>>
>>53862541
>since they'd either be present and alive or in the future or nothing at all like the legend portrays them
Not part of this conversation, but why would they have to be present and alive or in the future to be valid as a servant? Aren't fictitious Servants who go back far enough valid as well?
>>
>>53862658
No, I'm saying them being those things would make them invalid.

Anyway, also operating on the assumption of this being treated as an actual character within the nasuverse instead of a fiction. If it's purely fictional...I'm not sure how to treat it. I'm still leaning towards no because the fictitious version still has the same issues as the real one, even if the story has been around for a long time.
>>
Symbiote Jump.pdf
106KB, 1x1px
>>53862470
>>53862480
Meh. It's not that big of a deal now that I know what the hell to do to make the export program work.

>>53862536
You know what? Sure.

>>53862581
Nebulous, I don't know if it's ever really mentioned, but from the fact that the main character is playing an MMO at the beginning, either the very late 1990's or the early 2000's.

>Added the line, "As far as your Symbiote abilities go, you begin as a Synergized Pair," to the header for the Backgrounds section.
>Changed the line, "...even to people that would normally be willing to swallow the line, hook, line, and sinker," from, "Picking it Up," to read, "...even to people that would normally be willing to swallow their bullshit, hook, line, and sinker.
>Changed the text of Military Gear Cache to add gene mod and combat drug chemical compositions, and schematics for an an injector implant for the drugs.
>Added the line, "It is now the early 2000's," as the first sentence of the second paragraph of the intro.
>>
>>53862709
You're the best, anon.
>>
>>53862693
Sorry, my brain died while I was typing my post, I meant to say 'why would the Antichrist have to be alive or in the future to be real?' A legitimate question, because I don't actually understand the reasoning for why that should be the case.
>>
>>53862737
Because the antichrist is a character of the Christian end times, which obviously have not yet occurred.
>>
>>53862737
Well, from what I understand, they're meant to lead the way into the second coming of Christ/the apocalypse, right? Which obviously hasn't happened yet, given how unsubtle such a thing would be, so the Antichrist would need to either be yet to be born or be alive and working towards becoming known as a false messiah/corrupter to lead up to the Second Coming.
>>
>>53862650
So you're saying that because one combined pair, nascent god and still becoming used to his newfound power, thought that he might accidentally Warp space... they're rooted in these dimensions? That's not even considering the fact that they're not so much literally rooted to these positions, as metaphorically and effectively, because of the scope of their power. Which is suggested by the fact that they can "adjust" in the first place. If they couldn't move, then why would they worry about the effects of their movement? And why would they go to different systems when 99% of the others out there are lifeless chunks of rock and gas?
>>
File: IMG_1088.jpg (128KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1088.jpg
128KB, 1200x675px
Jumpers, what kind of comic book supervillain are you?

Saturday Morning Cartoon? Edgelord? Mastermind? D-List Fodder?
>>
>>53862709
I require your professional opinion on how much of a screw up it would be for me to import Esdeath as my Symbiote, she is also madly in love with jumper. What is your opinion?
>>
>>53862771
>>53862791
But the end times will never actually occur in Nasuverse. Like, the timeline up to the death of Gaia is known and it doesn't appear for it to have ever happened, the second coming that is.

I was pretty much always working on the assumption that there was never any specific individual who was definitely the Antichrist, or if there was, he lived and died already and was one of the people accused throughout history of being him.
>>
>>53862867
Then the anti-christ can't be real.
>>
>>53862839
I wouldn't call myself a villain.
>>
>>53862881
Does that mean I cannot use the Cookie Monster anymore?
>>
>>53862843
>Esdeath as Symbiote
>Madly in love with Jumper
Do you just... want a head full of sadistic madwoman, never leaving you alone, talking to you inside your head while you try to sleep, in charge of the form your body takes, and capable of taking control to attack and/or kill people she sees as a threat to you?
>>
>>53862905
That...actually sounds kinda nice, and a bit kinky.
>>
>>53862839
Hands Down D-List Fodder. I am not playing it up or down, I'm not taking it too seriously, and am just trying to get shit done. I win or lose and let myself pass from memory.

>>53862890
Well, I'll call you a villain. What kind fits you, you monster?
>>
>>53862867
If he lived and died already, he wouldn't fit the bill for the character anyway.

I could see something taking after the likes of Servants like Jack, Kojiro and the Pale Rider, where the 'antichrist' in this instance is more a collection of evil, corrupting figures from across history bound under one name, but it would mean it would have to be more based on the corrupting evil then the biblical Antichrist, since it's more an amalgamation of evil people then a singular character.

Less "This is the Antichrist" and more "This is the collective fears of the Antichrist given some life by the actions of the worst, vilest sorts of men"

>>53862900
Sadly, the Cookie Monster is banned. Not so sadly because that thing always freaked me out as a kid.
>>
>>53862709
>>53862046
>100 CP Charge for non Drop Ins
>200 CP Charge the 4th background
My god, it came from 2014!
Definitely drop the CP costs for taking backgrounds.
>>
>>53862839
Mastermind.

I accidentally made MY MIND TOO FAST FOR EYES and I cant seem to get out of it.

Also, I genderbent crimeboy for the hell of it and then one of my companions adopted her. So that's a thing.
>>
>>53862839
Kinda edgelord-y to be honest. I don't mean to be, but my aesthetic just ends up that way. Think a mixture of the games Scorn and Agony, with some Hellraiser and a little bit of Great Old One fun.
>>
>>53862256
Maybe something like having to get 100% on every test in your classes or else you fail the chain, though might have to have additional levels that remove your intelligence perks.
Or maybe a runaway spirit has taken residence in you and is making you depressed/angry/some crazy shit.
Generic 'Vintage is after you and knows about your powers' thing?
Gaming addiction?
Attracted to some god-awful character in 2D?
>>
>>53862952
>Less "This is the Antichrist" and more "This is the collective fears of the Antichrist given some life by the actions of the worst, vilest sorts of men"
Isn't that exactly what I said I wanked him as being when I first brought him up? Like, am I just being a dummy and not picking up on some minutia that differentiates what I was thinking him being and what you're suggesting? Cuz I actually feel like it's the same, and I'm wondering if I'm an idiot here or if there was a miscommunication somehow.
>>
>>53862952
>If he lived and died already, he wouldn't fit the bill for the character anyway.
You are making the "No true Scotsman" argument.
Arthur is the once and future king. Since the legend requires him to be the future king, there can be no servant based on the legend of King Arthur.

Or what passes for rules in Nasuland otherwise, and you are getting a bit to big for your britches there gal, and making BS rulings about the setting as if you were the author, as opposed to jump clarifications.
>>
>>53863051
You come across like a non-christian who has no idea how the antichrist is intended to work if you think he's an actual figure an not an allegory.
>>
>>53863051
>trying to pick another fight with Val
>despite knowing most of the thread supports them even despite their shit attitude.

Anon. Fight you can't win. Recognize this.
>>
>>53863075
Wasn't the Antichrist literally meant to refer to anybody who wasn't "Christ-like"? So it's literally all non-Christians, but the more evil people in particular?
>>
>>53862839
>Saturday Morning Cartoon
All day erry day.
>>
Jumpers, when you became a Psyker in Light of Terra, what specialization did you choose and why?
>>
>>53863094
You're capitalizing the term, so no.

As far as who the Antichrist, capital A, was supposed to be, it was probably just the Roman Emperor at the time. Probably Nero.
>>
File: hoshinosu.png (485KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
hoshinosu.png
485KB, 480x640px
>>53862839
If I'm taking it seriously? Mastermind.

I'm enjoying myself far too much to pull off a convincing edgelord act, and I only ever go full saturday morning when trying to humiliate the heroes. I could just /bake/ forty cakes, I'll only steal them to prove the opposition can't stop me, and only after leaving a note at the bakery and calling the local papers with a date and time. If I'm sandbagging hard enough to convincingly pass for fodder I might as well send an underling instead, because I've got better things to do.
>>
File: IMG_1089.jpg (227KB, 600x915px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1089.jpg
227KB, 600x915px
>>53862839

It depends on the setting for me.

Most times I go Saturday Morning Cartoon mixed with D-List Fodder.

However my sheer disgust at current Marvel Comics caused me to become an Edgelord/Mastermind when I arrived in that setting.

I sort of became pic related to the younger heroes being pushed for diversity points. I terrorized them both in and out of costume.

I told them it was to make them better heroes through suffering but really it was just spite towards them and their creators.
>>
>>53862839
In the extremely rare occasion that I go villain, I just go with whatever fits the setting that I'm in.
>>
>>53862984
How did you accomplish the genderbend? Is this, like, a perk or something?
>>
File: Attack_Squig.jpg (74KB, 800x631px) Image search: [Google]
Attack_Squig.jpg
74KB, 800x631px
>>53863124
Biokinesis. Because fucking with Biology is the best.
>>
File: OnlyOneRF.jpg (771KB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
OnlyOneRF.jpg
771KB, 1988x3056px
>>53863135
Silly Zoom and his rip off costume.
>>
>>53863125
So there's antichrist (the general term) and Antichrist (the specific person)?
>>
>>53863181
That couch looks like it is as tough as a rock.
>>
>>53863016
You were saying you'd have a person strongly associated with the Antichrist be overtaken by the actual legend of the Antichrist. The issue I take with the legend of the actual antichrist is what we've discussed above.

The solution I proposed was instead taking the legends of a whole bunch of corrupting and evil people and combining them together to form a mass of corrupting, evil people, something very close and inspired by the Antichrist but not actually him. This is like how Kojiro/Fake Assassin is the combination of several different people. SO those popes you were talking about earlier? Maybe combining them all into one figure that has traits styled after the Antichrist, but they are not actually the Antichrist. They're the fear of that thing, the belief in that thing and the corruption associated with it, but they're different from the actual character.

Yes, it ultimately makes little mechnical difference but I think there's quite a large gap in the difference it makes on a setting level.

>>53863051
You're getting full of yourself anon. If he's died in the past, he's not going to be able to fulfil his role at the Second Coming. And if the Second Coming isn't a thing, then the Antichrist is just a bad dude that corrupts people and not some false messiah that opposes Jesus.

Your example of King Arthur is just stupid too. Arthur has a legend and history in the past that the Servant is based on. The fact that he will return eventually isn't an issue because that's not what the Servant is based on. It's got no relevance to the Antichrist example either, because the Antichrist doesn't have a legend where they die and come back again later, to my knowledge.
>>
>>53863124
Pyrokinesis. Because fire is good and sometimes you just need to burn a heretic.
>>
>>53863124
I haven't been this chain, but last chain I fanwanked sending my companions on the LoT DLC. Asgore ended up going full Pyromancer with the thing that turns your body into fire. Deacon from Fallout ended up with Adrenaline Control, Warp Shield, Psychic Blade, and Weapon Jinx.

I went Hospitalier in the Sororitas Jump, and took the capstone booster.
>>
>>53863190
Exactly.
>>
>>53863146
Unholy heights, pretty sure it's called 'a new arrival'.

Lets you genderbend people, retroactiveness optional.
>>
>>53863288
>retroactiveness optional.
Wait, is it?
>>
>>53863181

I'm looking forward to reading The Flash. I love villains like Thawne who are just unrepentantly evil and petty.
>>
File: berserk-1591263.jpg (230KB, 722x1100px) Image search: [Google]
berserk-1591263.jpg
230KB, 722x1100px
>>53862839
Japanese Sienen
>>
>>53863199
>Maybe combining them all into one figure that has traits styled after the Antichrist, but they are not actually the Antichrist. They're the fear of that thing, the belief in that thing and the corruption associated with it, but they're different from the actual character.
Yeah, that's literally what I mean when I refer to his 'legend'/'myth'.

The idea of the Antichrist that persists overtime which remains in the common perception of humanity more than even the god they oppose, because people have throughout history constantly accused one another of being him. Not the actual Antichrist, but the figure in people's imaginations when they claim that someone is.

This quintessential image of the Antichirst would corrupt a Servant that was lesser known and strongly believed to have been the Antichrist into something more inline with that image then their own legend...was what I originally said I was doing. Is it specifically the weird mutation of the Servant into something else?
>>
>>53863356
I guess we just had a misunderstanding then. I thought that when you originally referred to the legend of the Antichrist, you were talking about the actual being overriding the original summoned being instead of just them taking on parts of that legend.
>>
>>53863348
How tough does a jumper have to be to stomp all over the villains of that setting?
>>
>>53863332
I thought so, yes? Let me check.
>>
>>53863332
>>53863397
>A New Arrival - 100 - Free Drop-in
>You have an easy time getting new residents. What's more you can even set it to attract new members of a specific species and gender. Out of this jump you will have the ability to switch any creature's gender as you please. All normal residents of a world will have their history changed to reflext their new gender, though you'll have the choice of whether or not companions will have theirs retconed. You will always remember the person's original gender however.

Well, i'm half right.
>>
File: muh dream.jpg (48KB, 600x697px) Image search: [Google]
muh dream.jpg
48KB, 600x697px
>>53863396
Just beat Guts and you're done

>INB4 Griffith is a villain though
>Implying Griffith did anything wrong
>>
>>53863430
I own that game. Genderbending never happens or is even implied. The only thing funky about gender in that game is that 'male' succubi are just normal succubi with horns that point the opposite direction of 'females'.

So... someone slipped their fetish into the jump, I guess? Or there's some secret I didn't unlock before I got bored.
>>
>>53863457
I think its half that and half that the ability to attract tenants to a apartment complex isn't particularly impressive.
>>
>>53862709
Just occurred to me, Jolly Cooperation seems to be the only option with a 50 in its price point.
Maybe bring the age/sex/location choices (or Juice Cans?) down so people importing odd numbers of companions won't be stuck with a 50cp surplus.
>>
>>53863457
No, it's pretty much accepted that the jump is flat-out made up of a whole shitload of non-canonical elements.

The jumpmaker refused to listen, for some reason it still got on the drive.
>>
>>53863483
Accepted and then disproved to be only idiots who ignored those that have actually played it and who point out that there's only two or three non canon things that people always extend to the rest of the jump so they can shit on it all. Because they're stupid. Like you.
>>
>>53863452
He didn't confess his deep homosexual love for Guts.
>>
File: Akitsu Sekirei.jpg (53KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Akitsu Sekirei.jpg
53KB, 800x450px
What arcana is she?

And any recs for her persona(s)?
>>
>>53863508
Moon
>>
>>53863505
That would have only distracted him from his dream.
>>
>>53862839
Mastermind.

If I'm doing things right, then nobody will know I'm doing anything at all. Just the way I want.

...although, on the rare interaction with the heroes, I probably come across as really tryhard edgy, what with my tendency to swear and rant a lot, the chuuni naming patterns, and my affinity for telerportation and sharp implements.
>>
>>53863553
>Want to be a king
>But not wanting your best bro/love interest to be your queen by your side
>>
File: Griffith_Pre-Eclipse_Anime.jpg (123KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
Griffith_Pre-Eclipse_Anime.jpg
123KB, 1920x816px
>>53863562
>Implying Guts would be the queen
>>
Symbiote Jump.pdf
106KB, 1x1px
>>53863475
Balls, that's a good point. Quick change, though.
>>
>>53863592
Griffith may have looked more like a girl, but he wouldn't be the submissive type.
>>
>>53863527
One the one hand, I would have said empress, since it says they use ice magic.

On the other hand, moon fits her 'broken' mentality really well.
>>
File: griffvictim.jpg (59KB, 323x375px) Image search: [Google]
griffvictim.jpg
59KB, 323x375px
>>53863630
What ever you say anon
>>
Could y'all give me some jumps? I've just completed my early-chain.
>>
>>53863686

Black Bullet
>>
>>53863686
Light of Terra
>>
>>53863686
Van Hellsing
Batman the animated series
Viking Saga
Fate/Stay Night.
>>
>>53863686
persona/persona 5.
>>
>>53863686
SCP Foundation
R-Type
NGE
Code Geass
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>53863716
LoT is a gauntlet Anon, verr bad.

1. Black Bullet
2. Van Hellsing
3. Batman: TAS
4. Viking Saga
5. Fate/Stay Night
6. Persona/Persona5
7. SCP Foundation
8. R-Type
9. NGE
10. Code Geass
>>
File: StabbingYourselfInTheNeck.jpg (48KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
StabbingYourselfInTheNeck.jpg
48KB, 1280x720px
Whatever happened to that When They Cry jump?
>>
>>53863914
What in tarnation is a viking saga?
>>
>>53863934
Norse mythology.
>>
>>53863914
Light of Terra isn't a Gauntlet. It is Gauntlet-like, but if you die it is still chain end, iirc.
>>
>>53863934
Norse mythos written by the blackest man alive.
>>
File: 1480313139916.jpg (404KB, 960x1150px) Image search: [Google]
1480313139916.jpg
404KB, 960x1150px
>>53863932
One doesn't exist, unless you count Umineko (When the Seagulls Cry). No one has taken a swing at Higurashi (When the Cicadas Cry) yet.

I might take a crack at it once my plate's clearer? I'm a lot lazier these days, though.
>>
>>53863942
>>53863961
This jump reads like absolute dogshit.

>>53863748
Up yours ya jerk!
>>
>>53862709
Can Jumper learn to access the Symbiote's mental speed as described in the end notes? How hard would that be?
>>
>>53863986
I DID ADD A MODIFIER, MIND YOU.

I NEVER SAID IT WAS GOOD.
>>
File: Black Frost.gif (782KB, 299x350px) Image search: [Google]
Black Frost.gif
782KB, 299x350px
>>53862839
I'm a Saturday Morning Cartoon Villain, and proud of it! Though I also have hints of the Mastermind as well, given that I do come up with plans that might actually succeed in taking over the world if it wasn't for those meddling kids.
>>
>>53863999
You get all of the Symbiote's abilities if you spin them off into their person. So, yeah.
>>
>>53863593
Do you really need to have a background cost 200 CP?
>>
>>53863593
Can we use the Bio-Injector to make copies of our own symbiotes to shove into other people? So if we had the Berserker OS, we could give a symbiote with that to others?
>>
>>53863475
>>53863593
You could also do
Homeless(Drop-In [Free]
Civilian[50CP]
Military[50CP]
Political[100CP]
or
Homeless(Drop-In [Free]
Civilian[Free]
Military[Free]
Political[50CP]
>>
>>53863593
Am I right in assuming that you can take Advanced Bio-Proccessing without taking the basic version and not lose much or anything at all?
>>
Holy fucking shit is this Viking Saga jump bad. Fuck you RavenloftAnon.

Why are only two of the backgrounds acutally written out?! Everything else just has shitty bulletpoints that don't make any sense!

The writing itself is god awful, who taught this person how to write? Jesus wept.

Why is a generic beauty perk 200cp?

What does 'Your body stops following normal biology' actually do?

Why are there no examples of runic magic to base the power-level of the perk off of?

Why is a generic charisma perk 400cp?

Magic in Nordic mythology is regarded as a woman's craft, why would you be greeted as nobility for knowing it? All eighteen what? Jesus fucking christ my eyes.

That crafting perk, my sides. 600cp to make seeking javelins and belts of strength +6.

Why does sorcery give you necromancy, cold immunity, and the ability to become a genie?

How does fuelled by fear work with people that dont know who you are? Do none of your powers work in any jump until you go shoot a few people with a gun or something?

WHAT IN THE SWEET TIT IS THE USE OF A FATE MANIPULATION PERK WHEN YOU EXPLICITLY CANT READ YOUR OWN FATE?! AND YOU'RE FORCED TO TAKE THE WORST DRAWBACK FREE?!

All the items are memes, instead of anything actually informative. Like, 'how big is the boat?' or 'what does the armor actually cover?'

My personal favorite thing in this section is that the dwarf items are split up all over the place.

The drawbacks are likewise entirely uninspired, and honestly not at all threatening. Especially since anyone with a brain would just not take anything that required a shitty drawback in this shitty jump.

Who the fuck made this.
Fuck you Ravenloft Anon.
>>
>>53864246
Bitch bitch bitch. It's years old, get over it.
>>
>>53864246
Pretty sure that Ravenloft Anon didn't make that. And also, when the Jumpmaker stepped forward and left their claim to it up in the air because they didn't think they'd update it, the thread told him to sit on it instead of letting whoever work on it and improve it.
>>
File: RUDE..png (288KB, 618x512px) Image search: [Google]
RUDE..png
288KB, 618x512px
>>53864246
>>
>>53864246
FEEL MY FUCKING SALT.

FEEL IT.
>>
>>53864281
He didn't, but Ravenloft tossed him to it as one of the roll option
>>
>>53864278
It's news to me yo.

>>53864281
Raveloft was the one that added it to the list

>>53864283
I coulda been a lot more rude

>>53864285
Mmhmm
>>
>>53864246
Sweet baby jumping jesus the salt is spewing. It is flying, ladies and gentlemen, this raw avalanche of PURE. UNREFINED SALT.
>>
File: morton-salt-mine.jpg (258KB, 1200x960px) Image search: [Google]
morton-salt-mine.jpg
258KB, 1200x960px
>>53864321
I can't believe I'm jumping this piece of absolute garbage.
>>
>>53864296
>>53864307
I see.
>>
>>53864344
>>53864246
Stop being a bitch, holy shit. I can't have any empathy for someone throwing a tantrum.
>>
>>53864246
>Magic in Nordic mythology is regarded as a woman's craft, why would you be greeted as nobility for knowing it? All eighteen what? Jesus fucking christ my eyes.
Sedr is a woman's art. Runes are manly. Learn your lore, fag.
>>
>>53864246
>Why does sorcery give you necromancy, cold immunity, and the ability to become a genie?
Look up Princess Skuld.
>>
>>53864365
Sedr isn't even a woman's thing, stop believing bullshit with no support.
>>
File: 1R7XXkJ.png (57KB, 625x656px) Image search: [Google]
1R7XXkJ.png
57KB, 625x656px
>>53864361
ecksdee

>>53864365
First I'm hearing of it bruh, you got any of them sources?

>>53864368
Neato
>>
File: 1313268231320.png (24KB, 111x142px) Image search: [Google]
1313268231320.png
24KB, 111x142px
>>53864374
Oh no, sedr being womanly is definitely a real thing. We have plenty of evidence of that. We have Loki making fun of Odin for that. The part that's not supported is the feminist argument that sedr was 'empowering sex magic because magic staves are innately phallic' and things like that.
>>
>>53864389
Are you really doing the "I was only pretending to be retarded" thing?
>>
>>53863593
Might I suggest an alternative to the free super companion that would still satisfy the Privacy/Paranoia jumpers?

Just let jumper "toggle" the symbiote's AI, letting either jumper or the AI be in control of the abilities as the jumper wants without giving the free and powerful companion.
>>
>>53864401
You betcha, I must've been struck retarded by this jump. Help, I've been disabled.
>>
I have a question about "This Is, In Fact, My Final Form" from the sword art online jump.
It states that i can freely mix and match my altforms/combine them together, access any power or trait from any form. Does that mean i can be creative in the mix up and avoid weaknesses in the new altform altogether.
for example: Can i combine a kryptonian and martian altform in a way that i'm immune to kryptonite as well as fire or am i always automatically hurt by both in this mixed form?
>>
>>53864413
Man you're an insufferable human being. Can we trade you for SDA?
>>
>>53864427
What is it with you and SDA anon?
>>
>>53864390
To clarify, the Lokisanna is full of made up accusations because it's essentially viking humor directed at their own gods. As in, calling Freya a big slut has little basis in reality. But the actual insults are still valid insults, they're just being largely attributed to things the vikings don't actually believe happened. So Loki saying that magic is girly is valid information, else the context of the insult wouldn't have made sense.
>>
>>53864424
Some wank that you can, some wank that you can't.
>>
>>53864344
Look.

If you don't like it, don't fucking jump it, and do something else.

God damn, you're not being remotely funny, just stop.
>>
>>53863389

I have a few question about the Dragon Ball Multiverse jump, and also the Fate ones.

1. In DBM If you take 'Super Multiverse' and 'Just For The Story' drawbacks can you have stuff from both Super and GT occur?

2. Any chance of an exception to the lose condition if you don't win the tournament but an imported companion does? If not would companions forfeiting count as 'external aid' and/or 'cheating'?

Oh also on a side note the starting date for the jump in the introduction is ten years off from when DBM starts. Figured I might as well mention that error and/or typo.

Now for the Fate questions.

1. Are the ghouls you can summon from the Demon Summoning Handbook in Fate/Zero the early Dead Apostle stage, or just generic flesh eating monsters?

2. Assuming they can figure out how could a jumper use the information in the Demon Summon Handbook to modify themselves, or would the changes count as dying?

3. If you take 'The Long War' drawback and win any of the earlier Grail Wars (and things are actually intact enough for it to be usable unlike in canon) could you sell those 'wishes', or would that count as accessing them?

4. With the JUMPER drawback in F/SN is the JUMPER guaranteed to attack immediately, or is their a chance of them delaying the attack if you/they have stuff that would increase their chances of success if they do so?
>>
>>53864166
No on the first one, but for the second one, you could just teach them. If you have, or develop, Bio-Communication, your Symbiote can just tell them how to do it.

>>53864411
That was mostly a joke and I am not going to do anything about it, one way or the other.
>>
Furthermore, since this is a generic and you think it's so terrible, and you're apparently so knowledgeable, why not make your own about a specific saga? I'd love to spend more time in that setting, have another jump to jump.
>>
>>53863986
>Up yours ya jerk!
well I'm sorry you didn't like my suggestions
>>
>>53864456
hmmm... so it's up to me and about how easy i want it.
I circumvented the problem for now by also adding doomsday to the mixed altform, so any weakness i have that will get me killed won't ever work a second time.
>>
>>53864499
Ignore him dude, he's acting like a rabid tardling.
>>
File: StellarisJumpchainV.1.0.pdf (521KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
StellarisJumpchainV.1.0.pdf
521KB, 1x1px
So I decided to stop fucking around and simply get shit done now, I've officially completed the fully Jumpable form of the Stellaris Jump, enjoy.

Anyone who's disappointed at the lack of the Worm can engage in Invisitext mode.
>>
File: tumblr_mlbvjmRSHy1qcf707o3_400.gif (792KB, 333x141px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mlbvjmRSHy1qcf707o3_400.gif
792KB, 333x141px
>>53864560
>>
>>53864560

Well that was fucking ominous.
>>
>>53864619
Don't worry. He loves you.
>>
>>53864492
Sure.

I can't remember if two fighters from the same universe can be pitted against each other, been a while since I read it. If they can, the you have to win it yourself. If not, an imported companion on the same team as you can win for you. Companions forfeiting for you would count as cheating but it'd have to be figured out that that was happening for it to count.

Thanks.

Just generic monsters.

Modify themselves how? There's not really specific information to doing that in the book but I guess you might find some useful info on some monsters there.

If you win the previous grail wars, you're only going to be getting a wish that would be granted in canon, which are nowhere near the ones you get for beating the ones you start jumps in. So you can access them just fine if you want. Indeed, you'll have to, since you'll have to make the wish upon winning.

They're going to fight smart, or at least as smart as you if not smarter. If they'd be better served by waiting, they'll do so, but if they know you'd take advantage of that and turn it around, they'll attack immediately instead.
>>
>>53864560
Can someone post the invisitext stuff for me?
>>
>>53864560
>Import Orks as enemies
>Six times
>Rule over Orks
>Laugh as the galaxy burns in a GROIT BIG ZOGGIN FOIGHT!
>>
>>53864560
Would you consider adding spaces between your purchase descriptions?
>>
>>53864496
Having just started reading the series I need to ask, do we have to worry about the suicide protocol?
>>
>>53864560
oh god that front page, augh my eyes.
Everything else is readable, but that's just painful to attempt to.
>>
>>53864619
For an even bigger surprise you can go invisitext mode the whole Jump. You may find something that surprises you by the end of it.
>>
File: fd1.png (969KB, 1366x714px) Image search: [Google]
fd1.png
969KB, 1366x714px
>>53864710
you cheeky fuck
>>
>>53864246
>Holy fucking shit is this Viking Saga jump bad. Fuck you RavenloftAnon.
And Somefaggit, that's the guy that made it, though I have not seen him around in a long time
>Why are only two of the backgrounds acutally written out?! Everything else just has shitty bulletpoints that don't make any sense!
I can't explain this.
>Why is a generic beauty perk 200cp?
Fuck if I know.
>What does 'Your body stops following normal biology' actually do?
It has to do with some of the weird stuff that happened with Loki's kids, anyway here's a rulling by Somefaggit
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/35679161/#35686026
As for how I pulled that up so fast, the question comes up.
>Why are there no examples of runic magic to base the power-level of the perk off of?
There have been some rulings on this, but I'm not searching for them but iirc it's something like enchanting a weapon with enough power to cause lightning strikes. From what I remember of norse myth though runes aren't anything to fuck with, as there are various stories of someone dumbass writing something down and due to not knowing how to do it correctly it became a dangerous curse that a skald had to come and fix.
>Why is a generic charisma perk 400cp?
Fuck if I know.
>All eighteen what?
All I can say is that the Eighteen refers to the Eighteen runes of Odin though what exactly you could do with them Fuck if I know.
>That crafting perk
Somefaggit clairified this as the perk for if you want to make Mjolnir, and probably a better one unless loki fucks with you too when you make yours. But he might have suggested you'd need the Runes perk too I don't recall. But he did say it works on literally everything you make, giving a flat bonus to everything.
>sorcery
Fuck if I know.
>fuelled by fear work
Fuck if I know.
>>
>>53864560
What Was, Will Be. What Will Be, Was.

Honestly, I'm not even sure if The Worm In Waiting is the scariest thing in the setting anymore, with The End of the Cycle making its appearance in the Utopia expansion. I haven't encountered it myself, but from what I hear it's really nasty. Then again, you get what you deserve if you're making a deal with what's essentially the child of Malal and a C'Tan.
>>
File: Chiirim.png (49KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
Chiirim.png
49KB, 192x192px
>>53864560
The Chiirim Collective requests you do not enter the Collective's borders.

Why no Hivemind option? You bastard.
>>
>>53864710
Oh, hi, arrow of Brahma. How you doing?
>>
>>53864758
Well the Worm doesn't try to kill everyone in the universe so that's a plus.
>>
>>53864560
>You can take the civilisation along with you
No. Let'snot do this. Let's not make an entire fucking solar system go along to each jum
>>
>>53864772
Then here's this guy looking for bait to post.
>>
>>53864710
Can you please not do this? hiding stuff like this only fucks over anyone who does this without knowing.
>>
>>53864783
Someone's shitting on fun yet again. You're not getting fucked over by the worm unless you start getting love letters from black holes. If you're stupid enough to keep sending it victims at that point it's your own fault.
>>
>>53864246
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi9bJhRZtKA
>>
>>53864772
You get your entire state anon. Could be a lot more then one solar system. Given there's no limits on what you get to bring along besides what you can conquer during this jump, you can conceivably get to carry around the entire universe, starting any space faring jump with it all under your control.
>>
>>53864793
All I'm asking is for him to not make it invisible you cunt.
>>
>>53864772
We have personal dimensions larger than solar systems and universes, courtesy of Cracker_Jack.

Nothing matters anymore.
>>
>>53864741
Hi.
>>53864760
The Genetic Engineering tech and the Evolutionary Mastery Perk are only 450 CP away.
>>
>>53864809
Copy pasting is soooo hard.
>>
>>53864813
What, where?
>>
>>53864822
And what about people who haven't been told to look for invisible text? What does having it be invisible actually add to the jump as opposed to what it takes away?
>>
>>53864822
His point is that people who aren't in this thread, and seeing the warning that there is invisitext, won't even know it's there. Which limits their options.
>>
what's the best way i can make the other personalities of the AlienX from Ben10 do what i want? Or even better erase them so, i'm the only one left.
I was thinking of "goodby carol" from portal, but that only erases the part of my personality that cares.
Can i possibly defeat them with strong (inward) telepathy? Or more esotheric stuff?
>>
>>53864814
It's actually not possible in the game to add hivemind unless you're a hivemind through genetic engineering.
>>
>>53864814
Why does no one love Hiveminds? Even the dude behind Alphamod has said he isn't gonna add special stuff for Hiveminds, like he did for other Ethos.
>>
>>53864835
You've yet to tell me why you need some snide text talking about the Worm. What benefit does it give you that you're shitposting about it?

>>53864836
So?
>>
>>53864835
>>53864836
It's thematic my friend, to represent just how rare the actual Worm Event Chain is, and how lucky you have to be for it to start. Basically it's something you won't get unless you're looking for it are lucky. It's just a drawback anyway.
>>
>>53864850
>>53864839
Yeah, that's why you get it the way it's gotten in Game, through Genetic Engineering. With both options it would take maybe five years to get it done.
>>
>>53864858
So again, screwing over people who aren't here to see you tell people to look for them. This isn't a joke option or fluff, this is actual content that people are very likely to completely miss, all for the sake of 'thematic'.

Other people manage to be thematic without doing stuff like this. Please follow their example and don't make actual content invisible.
>>
How do you look for invisible text?
>>
>>53864858
How about you do what Infernals did and make the text visible, but thematically colored?
You know, when people pointed out invisitext perks were horseshit. Just like invisitext drawbacks are horseshit.
>>
>>53864867
What. I'm saying you can't add hivemind through genetic engineering UNLESS you were already a hivemind.
>>
>>53864838
I'm, like, 99% sure the Ben10 jump explicitly forbids you from scanning with the Omnitrix or otherwise acquiring the power of Alien X anyway.
>>
>>53864868
>>53864878
You're kind of proving that you're just shitposting here. Oh no a drawback you don't need to take is fucking you over! How? Explain it, moron.
>>
>>53864868
It's really not that deep. It's like ten words all to reference an easter egg event meant for people who play the game. It's not as big as you're making it out to be.
>>53864870
Just open in Docs and change font. Either that or copy paste the whole thing, open in Docs, and change font.
>>53864878
I guess I could do that as well if people really care that much.
>>
>>53864867
>Implying
I've started dozens of Hivemind games, several have had my opening text have the Hivemind be something species has had since primitive times, long before they could gene-engineer.

>>53864888
I THINK that he's talking about the opening text, where it sometimes says the Hivemind was gene-engineered before the game begins.
>>
>>53864897
>It's not as big as you're making it out to be.
$500 he hasn't actually read your jump. The shitposter is active and he's having a hard time with bait today.
>>
>>53864897
Please do change it.
>>
>>53864892
You can get it in other ways IIRC like through The baby one.
>>
>>53864905
No money on a bet that you're the shitposter, trying to get him to refuse a basic change that's been proven to be more popular in past jumps like Exalted Infernals.
>>
>>53864895
It's denying people an option, because they don't know it's there.
>>
>>53864895
You're so stupid it makes my head hurt.
>>
>>53864913
An option that's a joke trap drawback. I don't think anyone's actually going to take it. But you're right, people should at least get the chance to see the Worm for themselves. Never doubt the Worn. Wait, wrong setting.
>>
>>53864913
It's not giving you anything, dipshit.

>>53864910
>>53864920
By the by, when you make a ton of posts rapidly it makes it obvious who you are.
>>
>>53864704
If you get into touch with the people that imprison symbiotes, kinda? Berzerkers are actually fairly rare, so you're not going to be getting triggered by seeing one, most likely; you'd actually have to actually go hunting for them, or have the military faction of symbiotes tries to get in touch with you.

They'll try to pigeonhole you into needing to have your symbiote imprisoned by showing you the memetic, which is just any image of a berzerker. Their leader knows that seeing them acts as a memetic agent to trigger the transformation, and does this as a control method; he doesn't trust the symbiotes, because they're not human, and tries to kill off all of the symbiotes under his employ, if I'm remembering right, around the time a cure for the berzerker protocol is found, because he can't control them anymore. This includes women and children.
>>
>>53864246
Maybe I shouldn't answer this but I'll go ahead because there are a few jumps that made me feel a bit salty. I try to keep that to myself.

I am sorry you don't like it. I withdraw the suggestion. So no problem you don't have to take the jump anymore. I was not trying to throw you a bad jump I mean I know it has problems but I like Norse mythology and I like a few of the abilities so I thought it was tolerable.
>>
>>53864707
Do you have serious problems with your eyes or are you being a drama queen?
>>
File: teeth 2.png (758KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
teeth 2.png
758KB, 1280x720px
>>53864663
Here it is.
The ͞Wo̧rm̵, ͢K̶in̶g̵of All͢(+̵1000͘):͜Y̷o̸u͠kno̕w͠w̡hat ́this i͝s̡Jumpe͢r, ̛ ̡ye̕s͡ you ́mu̢st̴ ̷k̷ill͡ it̕o̢r ful͡l̶y e̛nd ̛it’s ͘in f̕lue̛nc̡e͞͡a̷s t̀he ͠bl͢igh͠t̛ ̴i͘t́i̷s̛ ́on̡ this worl̡d ̀a̴n͞d̶̀ot̵h͢er̷s͢,͡ ̢goo͡d ̢luck̛.

I find that for people like me where invisitext doesnt really work for people with highlighting (Like the macs I use for instance), Command + A and copy and then pasting in a blank google doc does wonders for me.
>>
File: But continue.gif (1MB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
But continue.gif
1MB, 360x360px
>>53864929
>people should at least get the chance to see the Worm for themselves
>Wanting to "see" Worm the Waifu
>>
>>53864944
He can't even space things properly in invisible text can he.
>>
>>53864741
>>53864769
I like how no one is mentioning these. I thought the shitposter would have noticed them by now.
>>
>>53864946
Anon, do not fuck the Worm in Waiting. Do not.
>>
>>53864956
I think it's more or less my mac being a huge dipshit as usual to be fair
>>
>>53864957
That was included in the request to change the invisitext stuff.
>>
>>53864960
As the Jump maker I thoroughly abhor this idea and agree with this.

At least take it out on a date first.
>>
>>53864936
I meant the thing where they were cutting off fingers at the beginning to access code and there was a fail safe that tried to kill them by manufacturing toxins.
>>
>>53864892
i was thinking of tagging along with Ben, or just directly going to the forge of creation, aquire celestialsapien DNA via animorphs "acquisitive gaze" and integrate the DNA via "primal evolution" from the Zerg jump into my mixed alt form (this is in fact, my final form; SAO). That's the way i've acquired DNA specific powers for all of my jumps.
>>
Okay, I have to ask: what the fuck is the Worm in Waiting anyway?
>>
>>53864988
With all the time travel shenanigans, omnipotent aliens, and universe destroying devices out

there, it can sometimes be downright impossible for a Jumper to avoid their certain demise. In

situations where a universe-wide disturbance that you are not responsible for would erase you from

existence and someone (probably Ben) eventually undoes it, Professor Paradox will come by and

take you to a point in time where everything is fixed.

Post-Spark, Paradoxical grants you the power to freely travel through space and time, as well as

slow down and speed up time. You can choose what is affected by this power, and thanks to your

knowledge you know the limits that you can abuse it before it damages the space-time continuum.

You and your companions cannot take with you or use Ascalon, the Omnitrix, or the Alpha Rune.

Anyone you pod or turn into a Companion from Ben 10 who is wearing the Omnitrix can keep it,

but it essentially becomes a part of themselves and cannot be removed.

That's the whole notes section, no mention of it.
>>
>>53864987
Oh. Yeah, no, that's not something you need to worry about. Whether you slipped under the radar of the factions, or just already got past it, nah, you don't need to deal with it.
>>
>>53865013
You need to make it clearer that the civilisation import has to be something you ruled over in the past. The second drawback mentions it but the actual import option does not.

This should also have a clause like Civilisation jump where the other races are at least equal to the one you imported, otherwise you can just import some crazy strong and large race and use it to control everything with ease, then getting your free galaxy/universe to bring along to future jumps without any effort
>>
>>53864957
So is that another namefag we need to add to the SB list?
>>
>>53865056
Fixed it. Can't believe I missed that.
>>
>>53864988
>>53864838
well, if you're using the animorphs jump anyway, you could just use "chimera morph" were you combine several specimen into one. So if you fuse AlienX with another alien from Ben10 you can and i quote:
>"fuse them together into a chimera morph, possessing whatever qualities from each sacrificed morph that you require. The result must be biologically possible, but the exact details of a sacrificed morph can be fudged; for example, scaling up parts of one animal to match the size of another (so yes, you can scale up an eagle to a lion’s size to make a griffon morph)"
so that means you can just mix the powers of the celestialsapien with the phisiology of another alien and therefore completely losing the multiple personalities
>>
File: Born to Jump.jpg (57KB, 632x759px) Image search: [Google]
Born to Jump.jpg
57KB, 632x759px
>>53865061
Whatever you say man
>>
>>53865010
Its a sentient that exists outside space and loops through time in paradoxes.

Its got a stupidly low encounter rate of like .05% whenever you enter a system with a blackhole but it'll start a chain of events that leads to stuff like colonizing worlds to find you already colonized it years ago, people appearing and disappearing, ships you never made showing up and turning on you, and a bunch of other weird stuff.

You can either reject it and gain a little science or embrace all the weird stuff and eventually through all the events, you get all the pieces and sciences you need to build an object that lets it exists in our reality which you THEN get the option to either fight it or let it do its thing and it'll eat your star, becoming a bright black hole.

Its one of the longest running chain events in the game currently.
>>
>>53865102
Or just get a child biology.

They have all the powers and only one personality.
>>
>>53865142
And it's fucking awesome.
>>
>>53865010
>>53865142
He declines to mention that the Worm's gift to you is to transform your race, giving them some boosted traits, give you the Tomb World preference, and then transform every single planet in your home system into a high quality Tomb World to settle.
>>
>>53864813
I think Infernals or Generic Creepypasta did it first.
>>
>>53864653

>I can't remember if two fighters from the same universe can be pitted against each other, been a while since I read it. If they can, the you have to win it yourself. If not, an imported companion on the same team as you can win for you. Companions forfeiting for you would count as cheating but it'd have to be figured out that that was happening for it to count.

I kind of figured it would at least be possible. Since otherwise their can't be a winner if one universe still has people left.

>Thanks.

You're welcome.

>Modify themselves how? There's not really specific information to doing that in the book but I guess you might find some useful info on some monsters there.

I was thinking stuff like using the theoretical research into True Demons to replicate how demons can transform their hosts. Also technically Dead Apostles if your ghoul answer had been different.

>If you win the previous grail wars, you're only going to be getting a wish that would be granted in canon, which are nowhere near the ones you get for beating the ones you start jumps in. So you can access them just fine if you want. Indeed, you'll have to, since you'll have to make the wish upon winning.

Oh. I kind of figured that they were put into reserve like the rest of the wishes.

Does this also apply to the wishes from the drawback in the F/SN jump where Zelretch keeps sending you to alternate grail wars, or are those also post-chain?

>They're going to fight smart, or at least as smart as you if not smarter. If they'd be better served by waiting, they'll do so, but if they know you'd take advantage of that and turn it around, they'll attack immediately instead.

Thanks. I had a thought that seemed interesting, but wasn't sure if it would work or not.

The thought was JUMPER making a deal with Angra Mainyu to help their incarnation as part of a plan to get the Jumper killed by the activation of the tainted Grail, or by the Counter Force.
>>
File: Visible Concern.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Visible Concern.gif
2MB, 300x225px
>>53865142
>>53865168
Well, that's a thing. You know, for a cosmic horror, it...actually doesn't sound that bad? It just sounds like it wants to exist in our reality, be friends with us, and eat our star. Oh, and also transform us and all our worlds. I mean, that's still insane, and those time shenanigans are concerning, but for a cosmic horror that's pretty tame.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/13219858/r
>>
>>53865197
Wait until you get to the not-Tyranids and the Giant space Xenomorph thing that comes out of another Dimension. That's not even mentioning their version of the warp.

Stellaris be crazy yo!
>>
>>53865183
The theoretical research into True Demons is solely into summoning them, not into what they are/their abilities.

Yes, the only wish that has no limits (If you decide it works that way, as outlined in the notes) is the one you get by winning the main grail war that specific jump is focused around. Any extra ones, whether from drawbacks or your own choices, only give the canon wishes, which are limited.

Well, just keep in mind that, unless you're a damn weird kind of person already, they won't take suicidal actions unless they're totally sure you're going to die with them.
>>
>>53865010
The Worm In Waiting is a trans-temporal entity, thus "What Was Will Be, What Will Be Was". The event chain for it is kind of confusing as a result, but if I understood it right what it wants is to set up a closed time loop in order to transform your species into something more like it by retconning your species into having always been something like it. Any evidence to the contrary is just an artifact of future people playing with the timeline. Of course you have an evolutionary record that indicates that you're not really space worms that have been temporarily mutated to look like whatever your species does. Space worms from the future went back and planted that evidence, as a joke. Your true identity lies with the Worm. Never doubt the Worm.

In fairness, it's not actually malevolent. From what we see the Worm in Waiting genuinely cares for those who accept its gift. One of the event cards mentions that its signals include poorly-written love poetry for the scientists working on deciphering them. The Worm is arguably just trying to turn us into something it can understand better and have a meaningful interaction with. But in the process it mutates your whole species into terrible monsters and collapses every star system you occupy into black holes.
>>
>>53865205
Do personal house-rules count as "other"?
>>
>>53865197
The Worm Loves You. That's literally a line in the game. Hell, early on, your means of contacting it is through a black hole that is sending out love letters to your race and individual scientists (which you are expected to 'sacrifice' to it, but still.)
>>
>>53865197
Yeah, it's actually one of the lesser cosmic horrors. There are many worse things in the Stellaris setting, the Worm is really only notable for the time warping making it confusing to interact with.
>>
>>53865212
>their version of the warp
Wait, what.

>>53865215
>>53865230
This is actually pretty interesting. Does transforming cause everyone else to freak out, or do they just role with it?
>>
>>53865247
The Shade. One of the Developers literally just came out and said it was the Warp. Stellaris has a lot of nods to other Sci-Fi like Xenomorphs, and Gene warriors.
>>
>>53865247
I've never encountered the Worm, but I imagine it would piss off Fallen Empires something fierce. A couple of them get really REALLY mad for you having colonies on Tomb Worlds.
>>
>>53865264
Shroud. It's the shroud. Somehow I fucked that up.
>>
>>53865264
Shroud.
>>
>>53865264
>>53865280
Please tell me it doesn't have an equivalent to the Chaos Gods. The Ruinous Powers are bad enough as is, we don't need more of them.

>>53865268
Now that would be an issue, especially if you're nowhere near ready to fight the.
>>
>>53865306
There are some War-Shroud entities that can either fuck you over or give you Psionic Shielding and other boons. That's what that particular technology is referencing. I don't know if they've added anything else to it since I last played.
>>
>>53865229
I would. Anything not listed would be other. I just picked of the supplements that I knew existed.
>>
>>53865306
It is implied there are Chaos Gods yes, and sometimes you can fuck-up and summon a hostile "avatar" that has more power than most mid-game fleets.
>>
>>53865324
Well that's definitely something to look out for. I'm definitely going to have to bring out the big guns for when they show up, in any case.
>>
>>53865247
>>53865264
The Shroud also is full of daemon analogues. Like the early 40k and Warhammer lore though, these entities aren't solely malevolent and there are mostly good entities too.

Anyway, there are direct, obvious parallels to the Five Chaos Gods in the Shroud.

There's Instrument of Desire, who is obviously Slaanesh.

There's Whispers in the Void who is directly Tzeenth.

There's Composer of Strands who is most similar to Nurgle.

There's Eater of Worlds who is clearly Khorne.

Finally, there's the End of the Cycle, who is Malal.
>>
>>53865354
I never managed to get the rest, I accidentally summoned an entity and then got fucking stomped by another Empire as mine was distracted dealing with it. After that I never really tried to again.
>>
>>53865339
Oh joy. Yeah, definitely going to bring out the big guns in that case.

>>53865354
Do they have cults in the galaxy like the Chaos Gods do, or just their equivalent of Daemons? If they have cultists, I'm going to have to find a way to keep them from causing any shenanigans.
>>
>>53865366
Never take the "low success" options when entering the Shroud, no matter how good they look.
Hell avoid taking the "moderate" options.
>>
>>53865366
I've gotten everyone except Eater of Worlds and End of the Cycle, which is good, because the other three are manageable.
>>
>>53865306
>Please tell me it doesn't have an equivalent to the Chaos Gods. The Ruinous Powers are bad enough as is, we don't need more of them.
It does. One to one equivalents, actually. The Whispers in the Void are Tzeentch, the Composer of Strands is Nurgle, the Instrument of Desire is Slaanesh, and the Eater of Worlds is Khorne. But they're actually not so bad. No, really. They're not intentionally corrupting, their blessings come with a cost but they're not trying to screw you over. They're completely honest and upfront about the prices you'll pay, and only one of them is a direct price instead of just their blessing having consequences (the Eater of Worlds will demand sacrifices in return for its blessing of martial prowess).

Except for one of them. The End of the Cycle offers the strongest bonuses of any of them, and there's no price. That's because it's really just fattening you up for the slaughter. Fifty years after your deal the End will consume the souls of everyone in your empire save for a single planet left alive to watch the consequences of their hubris. Your empire's expansion just gives you greater heights from which to fall. The End then goes around destroying civilizations until there's no one left, at which point it returns to deal with the remains of your empire and finally kill them. It's actually possible, though very difficult, to rebuild and head after the End of the Cycle to stop it before it kills too many people. But even if you do, your civilization suffers a massive permanent reputation loss with everyone, for being the assholes who summoned the apocalypse. Fun fact: other alien races can get on the End of the Cycle event chain, too, so you might have to deal with him anyway.
>>
Is Apotheosis a thing in Marvel? If so, for which pantheons?
>>
>>53864936
It's not only Berserkers that set it off, by the way.
>End Book 2 comments section, WoG
>The berserker protocol activates when they see a berserker/drone, or something that looks like one. How fast it takes effect is dependent on how long the symbiote and host have been in full synergy and how developed the symbiote and host are.
>Watching one of the ‘Alien’ movies would have a chance of setting off the berserker protocol. They are not even close to the same thing, but the superficial appearance of the black exoskeletons might set off the pattern recognition.
>>
>>53865373
There are no cultists in the actual game, but they could appear in theory. Especially since it's mostly Spiritualist Factions who end up going Psionic, and thus able to interact with the Shroud. But you could just as easily go full Eldar than "evil cultists breaking my shit"
>>
>>53865354
Seems less a homage and more of a ripoff at this point
>>
>>53865373
>Do they have cults in the galaxy like the Chaos Gods do
No, actually. Stellaris benefits in that hardly anyone has true psionic powers and only a few fallen empires who don't fuck with it at all are even aware the Shroud exists. If your species goes full Psionic and starts playing in the Shroud, you're almost breaking entirely new ground. And potentially dooming the galaxy by becoming the cultists yourself.
>>
>>53865373
They're not very well known in your starting Galaxy unless there's another race with Psionic Awakening, but there are probably stories around from Fallen Empire times and the races they left behind.
>>
>>53865390
They're not exactly like their inspirations. Composer of Strands, for example, has Nurgle's portfolio of life without directly leaning on disease as a major theme, though he can afflict you with it. He also gets Tzeentch's mutation portfolio, since Whispers in the Void is entirely about Tzeentch's knowledge and psychic powers focus.
>>
>>53864942
Not them, but it bugs me (a little) too. Some people don't handle blue on black well, anon might be a bad case.
>>
>>53865390
Not uncommon with Paradox, though their on-the-nose references are usually the place of random events, not a common thing for one of the three Ascension Paths.
>>
>>53865213

>The theoretical research into True Demons is solely into summoning them, not into what they are/their abilities

However if you figure out how to summon them, and then manage to study the demons could you do that?

>Yes, the only wish that has no limits (If you decide it works that way, as outlined in the notes) is the one you get by winning the main grail war that specific jump is focused around. Any extra ones, whether from drawbacks or your own choices, only give the canon wishes, which are limited.

Thanks for the clarification. Also if you ever end up updating the jumps I'd recommend mentioning that.

>Well, just keep in mind that, unless you're a damn weird kind of person already, they won't take suicidal actions unless they're totally sure you're going to die with them.

Makes sense. Although if I go with that idea that probably wouldn't be the only possibility. However the basic idea behind it is JUMPER manipulating things to decrease the Jumper's
chances of survival beyond what they could accomplish on their own.

I'm also considering getting a few 'you can make supernatural deals with things. options before the F/SN jump. So JUMPER using them to ally with the dangers of the plot seemed appropriate.
>>
>>53865380
That's...huh. So the only one to really worry about is this 'End of the Cycle' guy? I can work with that. Going to have to make sure no one else falls for its tricks, then, because that sounds horrifying.

>>53865389
>>53865400
>>53865407
Well, that's a relief. Just have to make sure things don't suddenly go to shit thanks to Not Malal, then.
>>
>>53865384
That seems retarded.
>>
>>53865458
Could you study something if you have it at hand? Sure. I don't see why you wouldn't.

Mm, good point.
>>
>>53865459
>That's...huh. So the only one to really worry about is this 'End of the Cycle' guy? I can work with that. Going to have to make sure no one else falls for its tricks, then, because that sounds horrifying.
Well, it's possible to accidentally insult the other Shroud Entities and get cursed instead of blessed, but if you're careful, no they're not terrible. Though the Eater of Worlds isn't really worth pacting with. He eats worlds. I mean, he tells you he's going to eat worlds, this isn't something unexpected, but that's probably not a thing you want even if he gives you good bonuses in return.
>>
>>53865459
To give you some more detail, Whispers in the Void gives you a big boost to your research among other things, however, your people have trouble dealing with that knowledge, and occasionally fall into depression, alcoholism, or homicidal rage. The only real effect is that occasionally you get riots and your leader ends up drinking too much, so it's not directly trying to fuck you.

Composer of Strands mutates your species to be better and stronger. However, the destabilizing of your genetics means that occasionally your race will mutate new traits that you might or might not like.

I'm not entirely sure on what Instrument of Desire does negatively anymore, but I remember it being really minor.
>>
>>53865205
Body Mod?
>>
>>53865499
>I'm not entirely sure on what Instrument of Desire does negatively anymore, but I remember it being really minor.
Population unrest, because they become jaded hedonists and join crazy counter-culture movements. Like you said, not really a big deal.
>>
>>53865511
>Check to see if any of them are Individualist Scum
>If so make them slaves, free any non-Individualist slaves

Oh I'm sorry, slaves can't form factions!
>>
>>53865529
Not-Slaanesh approves.
>>
>>53865497
>>53865499
Man, I didn't know any of this, this is kind of cool. Making a pact with them still doesn't sound like a good idea, but these beings themselves do sound interesting. Maybe I'll send them gifts or something, so they like me and don't curse me.
>>
>>53865501
Oh whoops. I'm a retard. I'll maybe make another one tomorrow. I forgot bodymod was even a thing because it's included in quicksilver's folder.
>>
>>53865541
Well, contact with them is basically you noticing them, trying to get their attention, and them basically creaming their pants at the sight of mortals, desperately weaving around your explorers, telling them about the pact, and desperately imploring you to accept it. I don't think they'll accept anything but a pact or to be left alone.
>>
>>53865541
Or you could absolutely forbid any member of your Empire from ever contacting them. Knowing who they're based on they may just take the gifts as a sign of worshiping and give you Blessings anyway.
>>
>>53865529
As an aside, I REALLY hate how they removed "slavery tolerance". It makes it impossible to make Slaves who are happy in their position. Hell I liked it back when my Slaves were happier than my normal citizens, because my Tolerance was over 100%.
>>
>>53865478

>Could you study something if you have it at hand? Sure. I don't see why you wouldn't.

I was less concerned with the studying part and more if the potential transformations might count as dying or not. Like some stuff I'm almost certain would be safe, but others I wasn't sure about.
>>
>>53865566
The easiest way is to just make your empire's philosophy a Materialist one, preventing them from contacting the Shroud at all because your species doesn't believe in the idea of mind-body duality and therefore psionics is nonsense to them.
>>
>>53861866
So, not him, but would it help you build a pyramid if you didn't design the tools used to extract stone from the quarry? And then the methods used to build the pyramid and transport the rock? When you get down to it, isn't every "creation" just another method of combining things, even if some requires more groundwork than others? I guess I'm not seeing how they differ except where in one case you're combining masonry, you're combining theory and metaphysics in another. They both require solid understanding of the material and plenty of work to actually plan, let alone create (which is what CC says in its description), each building upon the foundations of others' work. You're just using the primal energies of the universe and the structures meant to analyze them as your building blocks.
>>
>>53865561
>>53865566
Oh, that works as well. I just assumed they would notice us once we started poking around in the psychic realm, but if we have to actually go out of our way to contact them to get their attention, then just leaving them alone sounds fine.
>>
>>53865577
Well there's also that but some dumbass in the Stellaris Universe will always fuck it up. Happened to me when smack dab in the Mid-end of my game someone summoned the Unbidden and basically doomed the Galaxy.
>>
>>53865577
>>53865566
Materialists are retarded. Psionics are empirically provable and they may have even dealt with psychics before, but nope, they refuse to acknowledge that psionics are real.
>>
>>53865605
You can summon the Unbidden as Spiritualists too, due to the Psionic Jumpdrive.
Hell I think the Psionic version summons them faster.
>>
>>53862709
Do you need Basic Bio-Processing to buy Advanced Bio-Processing? Also Advanced says:
"it is also capable of creating things that are organic, but non-biological, such as minerals, like diamond or ruby, or carbon in the form of carbon nano-tubes or nano-scale armor plates"
Is that meant to say organic, or non-organic, when talking about making minerals? Might just be a terminology thing I'm unfamiliar with.

Is the note at the end about printing exotic matter like the fancy Marvel metals about making them from carbon, or saying if you can use/make them normally you could use that process within yourself to give yourself the Wolverine treatment sans injections?
>>
>>53865573
I really can't say anon. I don't know what kind of transformations you're trying to do, what you're using it with, what you have already etc.

>>53865580
Mm. Point. I might just say it only applies to physical creations like originally instead of what seems like just about anything that can be thought of.
>>
>>53865605
That's because of changes to the A.I. to make them better at research, because they were SHIT at it before. It had the effect of making the A.I. call the Unbidden stupidly fast, so they patched it and lowered the chances of the Unbidden showing up.
>>
>>53865619
It does actually, so basically in this Universe if you don't fuck it up, everyone else will.
>>
>>53865638
You know what I wanted out of the Ascension Paths? I wanted the Genetics Path to be able to make worlds similar to the ones the Swarm makes. That are 100% for their species, 0% for everyone else.
>>
>>53865634
That might be a good idea, yes. It's still plenty flexible, but not as arbitrarily high as that would make it. Though there are plenty of absolutes in the jump. It's up to you.
>>
>>53865665
It would've been nice for bio ascension to give you organic ships, which from various events and the Swam we KNOW exist and are possible in the setting.
>>
>>53865676
Isn't there a Mod for that?
>>
>>53865685
There's a trait mod that gives you a 'bio ships' trait and there's a mod that lets you use the Praetheryn's ships, but that's it.
>>
>>53865680
Honestly the Ascension paths just don't live up to the name for me, they don't feel "game changer" enough. Psionics comes closest, and Cybernetic is just shit-tier if you complete the path.
>>
>>53865627
Chemically speaking, organic just means a substance has carbon in its atomic structure.
>>
>>53865676
Yeah, definitely fits better. Was originally that, but didn't see an issue with it going further till you pointed out that 'going further' basically means covering everything. Thanks for the hand anon.
>>
>>53865698
Yeah but he probably means Tyranid-like shit.
>>
>>53865716
I didn't quote the post you think I quoted.
>>
File: StellarisJumpchainV.1.1.pdf (524KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
StellarisJumpchainV.1.1.pdf
524KB, 1x1px
>>53865725
Wow, that really looked like it was part of the general conversation about Organic stuff in Stellaris. Speaking of which here's the newly updated version.
>>
>>53865709
No prob, senpai.
>>
>>53865215
>Worm is literally some sort of cosmic waifu

I don't want /jc/ memes to retroactively leak into realspace like Les Bains, what are some good perks to stop this
>>
>>53865759
If a black hole starts flirting with you, don't return its calls.
>>
>>53865381
The only one I know for whom it's a thing is the Asgardians. The one called Valkyrie used to be a human Odin used his force to make a deity a long time ago
>>
>>53865754
Could you please indent or put spaces between your descriptions?
>>
File: Heart Shaped 2.jpg (625KB, 950x800px) Image search: [Google]
Heart Shaped 2.jpg
625KB, 950x800px
>>53865759
Wormanon is Love, Wormanon is Life
>>
>>53865754
How strong and large is the nation form of your empire in pre-FTL settings? I'd guess it would be proportionate to the setting as it was to its original share of galactic territory and influence, something like that? What sort of technology do they retain in nation form? Because I don't need much, I'm not trying to be greedy here, but I would kill for some space colonies. That's really all I want, some Island Three type O'Neil Cylinders. The best I've got from other jumps is some Stanford Tori, and they're just not getting the job done.
>>
>>53865825
Generally speaking in Stellaris you start with the home world and 2-5 systems in your "claimed" territory that haven't been fully explored yet.
>>
>>53865754
I'm assuming that there's no drawback limit? If so, it might be nice to put that in explicitly, if you're updating again.
>>
>>53865825
Sounds like the sort of thing Elite Dangerous or Eclipse Phase would offer? (or pre-fall Battletech)
>>
>>53865634

>I really can't say anon. I don't know what kind of transformations you're trying to do, what you're using it with, what you have already etc.

The thing I'm mostly unsure about is trying to replicate how demons can transform their hosts into the demons form (physically and metaphysically), and how humans can turn into demons.

On one hand the very few examples of humans turned demon still seem to be the same person. However on the other if that process works anything like demon possession the process might involve massive modifications to the structure of the soul. Which means it could be interpreted as a died and revived thing if so.

Although I don't really have anything I'd need to even try this yet. I mostly just noticed the items and got curious if it would be possible to do something like this in the chain. Anyway I'm guessing the answer is "Maybe it depends."
>>
>>53865855
Yeah, good guess on my answer. I don't know too much on the subject of True Demons, so I'd say to go with what you think makes sense here and fits the information you have.
>>
>>53865841
No, I mean the note at the end about how your civilization can come with you to other settings as just a regular nation. I know about standard starting size of your empire, though I'm personally going to rule that I start in just my current system because it's more fun for me that way.

>>53865849
That's where I got my space colonies, and they're just not enough. I need like, another forty Orbis-class stations from Elite Dangerous. And assembling enough hab cylinders from Eclipse Phase to do the job would be utterly impractical, tidal forces would tear them apart. If I had just a couple of O'Neil Cylinders, though, my population problems would be solved. You can put tens of millions of people on those.
>>
File: 1455939973181.jpg (229KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1455939973181.jpg
229KB, 1024x768px
>>53861728
>Because you become a nascent reality warper with an effective range of, "I'm kinda, like, half-way to Mars right now." Kinda outstrips the power cap on most Jumps.

Not even close, friendo. Solar System range is not really that special in the chain.
>>
>>53865754
>choosing to make your race fanatics to anyone ethic(thus making it more of a focus) takes up two slots

Is that meant to be "any one"? And is meant as in, we can take a given Ethic twice?
>>
>>53865891
Smelly dumb phoneposter
>>
>>53865825
It would be entirely up to you, you could have it so in Pre-FTL places they're just at the cusp of breaking through, or simply just don't focus on it at all. Otherwise they keep all of the tech they have already but none of the local stuff.

And yes, it would be proportionate to what you were when you left the last Jump, but even then some of your technology might be far below the locals or far above them.

For example you could enter something like Eragon after doing the bare minimum to survive in Stellaris and stomp it into the ground, or you could enter something like GOH and find that maybe the Six might be a lot more of a challenge towards an aggressive nation, laser guns and Xenomorphs or not.

The Empire is basically inserted in at whatever point in history you(the author) want and things can be influenced from there. Then they keep all technology prior not revolving around Space travel.
>>
>>53865897
Any one sorry, like just one Ethic.
>>
>>53865888
Are you wanting only space colonies that you've bought with CP, or would you be happy to build your own from plans?
>>
>>53865901
It doesn't make what I said any less true.
>>
>>53865754

The last two words in Adaptive and the first letter of Psionic are the same blue as the heading, which I assume is not intended.

You might want to explain the relationships between your starting planet to that of other habitable worlds a bit more clearly, especially since there's nothing to say what the opposite of a Gaia World is. A Tomb World?

The first word of the description for Government Ethics should probably be Ethics, or have the word Ethics after Government since you then say Government later. That same description should probably read 'any one', not 'anyone'.

On the topic of the games 'Ethics', why is there no Hive Mind option? I see there's the ability to convert your race later with a capstone, but not spending all three traits to start as one as in the game.

The AI that can come along without taking up a slot seems, fine... That you used the word 'import' might upset some people. I think your intent is just for it to follow you, not for it to get a free background in other jumps, right? Maybe just say 'follow you without taking up a Companion slot' or 'join you on your journey' or something.

Is the Personal Battleship meant to be a Battleship, or based more on something like the Automated Dreadnaught?

Also, the Ether Drake options? Just wanted to say that is amazing and I love it.

Can you convert ET or EP to CP? Might want to specify yes or no.

Mega-structures? Awesome! (Habitats has a " but no closing quotation marks)

The Anomalous Empire perk could maybe do with a bit of rephrasing. Perhaps the last sentence should specify they won't be negative, rather than being positive or neutral. Just a bit of odd wording.

Do imported companions get ET and EP?

Is there a drawback limit?

Is the Worm from the drawback scaled to the jumper, or as it is in the game?
>>
>>53865886

Can't really blame you for that. Until recently most demon stuff was hard to notice and massively confusing background details.

Anyway thanks for the help.
>>
>>53865911
Thanks, that helps...so much, with my plans. So very much. Though can they keep their slower than light space travel technology? Again, I don't want any crazy advanced tech. O'Neil Cylinders, nuclear-thermal rockets, mass driver or laser launch, maybe beamriders sails, stuff like that.

>>53865931
I need them to follow me from jump to jump and insert themselves into the setting. I've gotten myself into a dick-measuring contest with the villain factions in Gundam, and now need my own nation of space colonies.
>>
>>53865954
I should emphasize, because I'm not sure I made this clear: I mean for settings that have space travel but are confined to our solar system. Thus the stuff about Gundam, that's where I'm going that this would matter to me. I just want to have my own space facilities. Just so that there are sane nations in space. I know the Universal Century setting technically has sane space people, but they never do anything. I just want to have a progressive, non-evil faction to turn the popular perception of Spacenoids around.
>>
>>53865934
So? Of it's not obvious, the jumpmaker has no intent on changing it. They're using inter-jump balance and precedent (from the Forgotten Realms jump, no less) to justify it. It's pretty clear that it being actually appropriate isn't a huge priority.
>>
Fixed the spacing issues, and some typos.
>>53865952
1)fixed
2) The opposite of Gaia would be tomb, but that's not an option.
3)Fixed
4)Will be added
5)Thought I fixed that
6) It's more of an Automated Dreadnought deal
7)thanks
8)Fixed.
9)Thanks, fixed again.
10)thanks, fixed
11) No, it's an Empire specific thing, so only you can buy them.
12)no, that's been fixed
13) It's the game Worm. I absolutely hate scaling drawbacks.
>>
>>53865694
>Honestly the Ascension paths just don't live up to the name for me, they don't feel "game changer" enough. Psionics comes closest, and Cybernetic is just shit-tier if you complete the path.
I wanted to mix and match. Have my primary species be psionic while having a bioengineered slave race. Stuff like that.

I also hate how only spiritual empires can be psionic. Why can't I go full Cthulhutech and treat psionics as another type of science?
>>
>>53865754
On one hand I could create an awesome truly alien species on the other I could create a race of kitsune.
>>
File: 1495740509197.gif (13KB, 228x240px) Image search: [Google]
1495740509197.gif
13KB, 228x240px
>>53865996
I just don't really get the point of updating if you are going to keep that idiotic limits.
>>
>>53865996

>Forgotten Realms jump

You mean the jump where you could theoretically become Pun Pun?
>>
>>53865971
If you took one of the jumps with extreme manufacturing capability (e.g. Supreme Commander) you could use them to build additional colonies quite quickly. There's nothing preventing a high-tech fabber from producing low-tech goods, after all.
>>
>>53866023
where?
>>
>>53866028
>Why can't I go full Cthulhutech
Paradox doesn't want to include rape in Stellaris.
>>
File: how I villain.jpg (310KB, 1200x1880px) Image search: [Google]
how I villain.jpg
310KB, 1200x1880px
>>53862839
Basically Magneto.
>>
>>53866028
Er, Spiritualist Ethic only gives you a discount on Psionic Trait, it's not a requirement?
>>
>>53866061
There's no way you're not the shitposter, given the FR jump specifically forbids you becoming Pun Pun.
>>
File: StellarisJumpchainV.1.2 (1).pdf (530KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
StellarisJumpchainV.1.2 (1).pdf
530KB, 1x1px
>>53866063
Ah shitface.
>>
>>53866062
And just have a bunch of space colonies appear out of nowhere one day? That's not what I'm going for, I want there to already be a sane space society up there. The point is to fuck with Zeon and ZAFT and Zodiac and all the other space assholes who conspicuously like to start their names with Z by being a better alternative to them from word go.
>>
>>53866023
Ok, cool. Thanks for answering those questions. I've been playing this a fair bit with a friend recently and it's cool to see a jump of it that manages to reflect so many of the game-play elements.

I have no idea how I'm going to afford all the stuff I want here...

Just to be clear, the plans for the mega-structures are just giving you the plans early, right?
>>
>>53865954
They probably have the technological basis for it and old records so yes they can keep it.
>>
>>53866077
Ah, so Saturday Morning Cartoon Edgelord.
>>
>>53866085

Oh never mind then. I mostly remembered the game mechanics stuff in the jump, and didn't bother actually checking it.

That was supposed to be an example of why the Forgotten Realms jump is stupid, but I guess I was the idiot this time.

part stuff and didn't actually check the jump.
>>
>>53866095
The dark blue text on the black background you use on the front page is a bit hard on the eyes. Using one of the lighter shades you use in the rest of the jump (even on the front page) would probably make it look much nicer.
>>
>>53866106
Yup, and they're making them cheap to build for an Empire like yours with the downside of taking more time.
>>
>>53866115
Magnificent. Get fucked, Zeon.
>>
>>53866095
Turns out Avian also has a blue text word. Choose, right at the end of their description.

Does Fanatic [Ethic] actually do anything in this jump? Just curious if it's basically just a thematic decision or if it has mechanical effects.
>>
>>53866129
Cool.

Also just realised I didn't really congratulate you on making such a good jump, so... congrats! It's good, and I quite like it.
>>
>>53866136
Fixed and it makes your culture far more focused towards it. For example a Militarist Xenophobic Empire would be like Sparta or something, while a Fanatic Militarist Xenophobic Empire would be fucking Palpatine's Galactic Empire levels of everything goes into military.
>>53866148
Thanks, not usually what I get when I make a Jump over here.
>>
>>53866129
Is that just like if they were made as efficient as possible, or is there some jump-magic there that makes them cheaper?
>>
File: StellarisJumpchainV.1.3.pdf (531KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
StellarisJumpchainV.1.3.pdf
531KB, 1x1px
>>53866167
Jump Magic makes it as Efficient as possible basically.

Also here's the updated version with some more kinks fixed, and an addition to the notes section.
>>
>>53866158
What other jumps have you made?

I was just wondering if going Fanatic had any impact during the process of making a build for this jump, or if it's entirely in-jump effects. It's fine either way, I was just curious.
>>
>>53866181
Looks nicer. Thanks.

Ooh, you put Hive Mind in. Does it cost all three Ethics like it does in game, or just one and 300CP? (Also, you put it in Traits instead of Ethics, was that intentional? I guess it would make discounts a bit odd...)
>>
>>53866239
Yeah, I picked the trait you got instead of the Ethic to save myself the headache.
>>
What does your younger self look like Jumper's?
>>
File: bad7eb6232b95a6ad99bcc3ce6f0c30e.jpg (129KB, 736x1010px) Image search: [Google]
bad7eb6232b95a6ad99bcc3ce6f0c30e.jpg
129KB, 736x1010px
>>53866274
Since I'm still here might as well answer.
>>
>>53862839
That Saturday Morning Cartoon villain that while can be beaten by the plucky heroes in the span of an half hour of programming, or maybe an hour and a half, nevertheless always shows up next episode with a mole-shaped drill tank or a submarine lifted by hot air balloons or some other ridiculous yet effective plot.

And nonetheless manages to totally shut down all edgelords, heroes and villains, who even glance at his seemingly pathetic clumsy robots and sidekicks and heroes. Because they're family dammit!
>>
>>53866274
Like on of those kids that win spelling bees in primary. You know the ones, bowl haircut, shirts their mum picked out. And an annoying habit of asking really petty questions. Like "Why do bicycles only have two wheels?", "Why don't we take our cats for walks?", "What is a cold, really?" and so on.
>>
>>53866274
I actually sculpted my eclipse phase Neotenic form to look like but it has frequently been my body when I'm significantly younger
>>
>>53866262
Fair enough.

Is the extra 100CP option in the Imperial Inserts drawback meant to be per extra faction, for a total of 5 enemy factions and 600CP?

Just wondering how Hive Mind works with Jumpers. Would it effectively be you have your 'real' body, and the rest of the hive are essentially remote operated extra bodies? I would assume that all your perks don't suddenly apply to every body in your Hive, no matter how awesome that would be...

Another question, sorry if I'm being annoying, how would Hive Mind work with drawbacks like Warmonger and Happy Problems?

Since you said earlier that you hate scaling drawbacks, I take it that staying neutral in War in Heaven just makes both Awakened Empires /try/ to destroy you, rather than them being guaranteed to do so, right?

With the re-spacing you've done the Ethics Technology section is currently starting two lines before the end of a mostly empty page.
>>
>>53861728
so if I import an eclipse phase fork of myself for my symbiont does that count as fusing with it?
>>
File: 1495821067624.png (2MB, 1040x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1495821067624.png
2MB, 1040x1000px
>>53866274
>>
>>53866358
>>53861728
Just have a person (villain, there are a lot of assholes in the setting) fuse and then eat them. Or have a companion do it and transfer the powers.

Checkmate, jumpmaker.
>>
>>53866353
1)yes it's 100CP for each extra one for a total of 6 unless im Mathing wrong.
2)Yes, it works exactly like that.
3)basically the main drawback to warmonger makes you want to go to war with everything, and for happiness all the components of the Hivemind like the former citizens all have a voice and will annoy the everloving fuck out of you and impede work.
4)Yes.
5)looks fine on the doc.
>>
>>53866181
>Not "The Worm in Waiting"
>Not helpfully reminding everyone that WHAT WAS, WILL BE, AND WHAT WILL BE, WAS.
>>
>>53866181
Is there a story behind the text of the AI Assistant item? ("an all too peculiar AI..." which gets promptly dissected and rebuilt)
>>
>>53866431
It's that really annoying Tutorial bot at the beginning.
>>
>>53866181
In the Ethics Perks section, the text for In The Name Of God seems to cut off?
>>
>>53866521
my bad, I mean in the text for In The Name Of Our God.
>>
>>53866390
Cool, thanks.

It's the Ethics Technologies that starts after the Ether Drake Baby. It starts on the same page as the Ether Drake Baby's description, but has a big blank space between them so it only has two lines before going over the page.

On the topic of Ether Drake Baby's, and other Leviathans, what sort of scale are you going for with this jump? In the game scale is super wonky, as indicated by Suns and Planets being fairly similarly sized. I think if you find the bones of a Leviathan on a planet as an anomaly it is the size of an enormous mountain range that defies belief. This ties into the scale for other ships. This is a setting that can make Dyson Spheres and Ring Worlds, so it's not beyond the realm of possibility that all the ships are huge, but how huge do you think they are? I'm not asking for exact numbers, just... a rough guess.
>>
>>53866274
Trying to find a picture of a loli vampire with black hair who isn't outright naked is surprisingly hard. All the fun stuff with blood is generally Scarlet sisters art. So with that in mind, picture this Remy with black hair instead.
>>
>>53866181
When Agrarian says "your ability to raise plants is unparalleled to the point where your technology even reflects it." does it mean you have really good plant raising tech, or your tech is made from plants. I will love you forever if you say the latter.
>>
>>53866181
Psionic Awakening text can't seem to decide whether the mysterious dimension is called the Warp, the Shroud or the Shade.
>>
>>53866567
I'd say all battleships would be around the size of a Star Destroyer from Star Wars with Cruisers being just a bit smaller with less weapons and Destroyers basically being the size of their cruisers. For things like population and armies I'd say that each planet would need to have a billion per pop, explaining the long extermination times, but that's more of a common sense guess. And for each Army being a Five hundred thousand man thing, because that makes the most sense personally. Otherwise just scale it to other Sci-Fi.
>>
File: 6d12f09cc803b97ff26e24f86b6813d1.jpg (531KB, 800x1111px) Image search: [Google]
6d12f09cc803b97ff26e24f86b6813d1.jpg
531KB, 800x1111px
>>53866579
>>53866274
Actually, this image is pretty good too if you imagine she has fangs. Hybridize the lolis for best results.
>>
>>53866625
Sounds good, thanks. That'd make the various Leviathans gigantic, but not big enough to be mistaken for moons, right?
>>
File: Plantoid.jpg (35KB, 450x520px) Image search: [Google]
Plantoid.jpg
35KB, 450x520px
>>53866604
Considering Plantoids are a thing and the buildings/ships they get, why not both?
>>
>>53866643
I thought the Plantoid and Fungoid ships in game look more metallic than organic, though I do like the designs. If they're actually meant to be made of plants then that is ridiculously awesome and I love it.
>>
>>53866604
Mix of both.
>>
File: pIyjRJy.jpg (28KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
pIyjRJy.jpg
28KB, 600x600px
>>53866792
>>
File: afterlife.jpg (25KB, 480x404px) Image search: [Google]
afterlife.jpg
25KB, 480x404px
>>53866181
>Fallen Empire / Unbidden / The Swarm
>each gives you only 20 / 10 / 10 years to prepare
>your single world has only just discovered basic FTL

These pretty much require mid to late tier jumper shenanigans to survive, I'm guessing?
>>
>>53866879
It's why they're 600/800 CP in my Jumps those Drawbacks are meant to require outside stuff.
>>
>>53866181
Showed it to a friend, he liked it but passed along three things.

1. Could do with more traits (maybe the genetic ascendancy ones)? and maybe a few other touches could help like I didn't see much AI stuff
2. Fanatic ethos don't do anything and take away a potential discount (2 instead of 3)
3. I love the worm text the person has and all, but I feel like the worm drawback could use a little more love and inspiration from the game
>>
File: Misaka Clones.jpg (108KB, 850x477px) Image search: [Google]
Misaka Clones.jpg
108KB, 850x477px
So am I the only one who went into Index and Railgun and adopted all the Misakas?
>>
>>53867273
Half of them are dead and the rest are sucking Touma or Accelerator's dick.
>>
>>53866181
How does the Hivemind interact with things like perks and super-powers from other jumps? Can we create an 'avatar' with them or manifest them in individuals across our hivemind?
>>
>>53867273
Why would you though? Even if she's really your type, that seems a little excessive.
>>
>>53867279
Well, didn't he said that she adopted them? Father knows best.

He will probably marry them to some god-prince in another dimension.
>>
>>53867279
Reminder that they all share a hivemind of their emotions and feelings so your personal sister will get stolen away by Accelerator.
>>
>>53867298
They are good Daughterus, they deserve happiness.

>>53867279
You do realize the time both jumps start right? Plus a jumper could most likely revive them.
>>
Wish Granting from Fate/Stay Night says the increased cost is due to brute forcing your way to achieving an effect using magic, skipping the skill and knowledge requirements (and presumably any other requirements too) that would normally be needed. If you have the skill, or the knowledge but not the skill, or the material components but not the other two things, etc. would you be able to grant the 'wish' for less than if you had none of those things? Can being 'almost able to cast it' make it cost less, with Wish Granting bridging whatever last gap there is preventing you from actually casting the spell you want?
>>
>>53867273
Nope. And I guess I don't need to tell you what a challenge raising twenty thousand super powered pseudo-teenaged children turned out to be.

omg the phone and hot water bills!
>>
>>53867326
No, because you're still brute forcing it. You're not going through the usual methods to use it. You might have the skill and knowledge but you're not putting either of them to use when you're using Wishcraft because it doesn't need them and having them does nothing for it.
>>
>>53867292
He stated it was your single body is the core of the hive mind and all your abilities go to that.
>>
>>53867377
I can imagine someone making a spell in pieces, though. Like, they set up the targeting and control systems through genuine spellcraft, then use them to guide the brute forced effect.
>>
>>53867326
Wonder if Wish Granting would work on True Magics. It would cost you a huge amount of magic but that is still useful.
>>
We should all smile along with her.
>>
>>53867759
Absolutely pig disgusting. Get that trash out of here.
>>
>>53867808
>Anti-loli bullies
>In the same /jc/ as me
>>
File: cagtan.jpg (279KB, 850x1190px) Image search: [Google]
cagtan.jpg
279KB, 850x1190px
>>53867326
Knowledge or skill won't help. If you're using Wish Granting, you're already obviating any skill or knowledge you might have in favour of brute force.

>>53867759
Tanya's a treasure.
>>
>>53867808
Gotta agree with that. The anime adaption makes her look absolutely hideous.
>>
>>53867817
Fuck you, it's not even about your disgusting fetish. It's about this particular one being the grossest shit. How anyone can even begin to think she's cute is an absolute mystery.
>>
>>53867818
That's fair. Can you use it like >>53867748?
>>
>>53867843
What, like, using it as the base magic system for Wish Granting to work through? Sure.
>>
>>53867818
>neither of these two will ever get a jump
>>
>>53867867
Well, I do know a guy that's working on one for whatever Cagliostoro's from, though he's often tied up in stuff. Ran a poll for it a while back.

Tanya is supposedly got someone working on a jump for it right? Really need to finish that series some time.
>>
>>53867836
Not him and she's not my type but I don't even see what the big deal is. Is it the pupils? Pretty sure that's just Standard Anime Crazy Face #4, I done seen Griffith make it in the new Berserk anime's opening too. Otherwise she's just kind of a less froggy Clementine from Overlord, which isn't that ugly in my book
>>
>>53867759
Wolfenstein jump when? We need to smash more nazis.
>>
>>53867864
Exactly. Banish something you're not good enough to with the Fourth, mess with more time than you normally can with the Fifth. Nothing can go wrong!
>>
>>53867882
Even if there wasn't one for Tanya, someone is working on generic Isekei or whatever it is.
>>
>>53867906
Oh geeze, she's from an isekei? That would explain everything. Getting the same heebie jeebies about the genre I got from xianxia when that was being brough up too.

...is Overlord technically an isekai? If so it might be the only one I enjoy on any level.
>>
>>53867891
I think that guy is just pissy about her being a sociopath or that the government she works for is fascist. He comes across like someone with a real political bone to pick in that case.
>>
>>53867836
It's the Ugly Cute thing for me at least. Like with owls or frogs or tasmanian devils. You know they're actually pretty hideous or fucked up looking but that somehow makes them even cuter.

Doesn't hurt that having an evil protagonist is pretty fun too.

>>53867899
Someone mentioned working on that one a few days ago, though it was just for New Order continuity.

>>53867900
Well, each True Magic would be it's own thing, so you do need to have access to each on your own already. You won't be able to use Wish Granting to brute force any of them when you only have magecraft or brute force the others when you only have one.

>>53867906
Ugh, hate that. Never liked the idea that generics can be used to go to specific things.
>>
>>53867923
>Getting to heebie jeebies from Isekai
Jumpchain is literally Isekai, this is not the place to be if you dislike that premise.
>>
>>53867891
The art style is just all around terrible. Anime and manga already have a tendency to exaggerate proportions, but this takes it too far and makes her look like she has actual birth defects. Combined with how people are apparently super happy about what a terrible person she is, and it grosses me out. "Oh, look at that Tanya, smiling and laughing while she burns entire regiments to death in horrible fashion. Isn't she just the cutest?" You're all gross.

>>53867927
It's not a political thing, I just don't understand why you like such an awful person who isn't even cute. Either a good ugly person or a cute awful person would be acceptable, but both negatives together is terrible.

>>53867937
Oh, fuck you, don't even try to compare her to cute things like owls and frogs and tasmanian devils. Those are actually adorable, not even ugly cute.
>>
File: 1363090005085.png (35KB, 237x128px) Image search: [Google]
1363090005085.png
35KB, 237x128px
>>53867950
Look anon, if you don't understand gap moe then you don't understand it. That's just how it is.

Also last time you complained you hated on the manga and LN artstyle too, which is objectively cute.
>>
>>53867937
>have to have the True magic to use it with Wish Granting
I know. I also think it probably would not be safe to try with any of them and was trying to point that out in a humorous fashion.
>>
>>53867759
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVESMxs4rbA
yes
>>
>>53867941
Much like a whore pretending her pimp will marry her someday and that her dresses are classy not tacky, I deal with such things through the power of doublethink.

>>53867937
I'm surprised Type Moon has almost no straight up unredeemable evil cunts. They pretty much topped out in terms of straight edge with Zouken, Shinji and Leo. And Kirei and Roa are just broken, and a lot of the candidates from GO aren't really taken seriously.

>>53867950
Well, I've never seen it so I suppose I'll just have to take your word for it. Again, I'm NOT the guy who originally said she was cute, I just don't see anything especially ugly from that one screenshot.

I mean I find Overlord's Clementine attractive too so it could just be I'm more jaded with this sort of thing
>>
>>53867950
You know she's just a fictional character right? People don't really, well most people, don't get that worked up about bad things a fictional person does. Just look at how Esdeath gets described as a fantastic companion to take, despite regularly exterminating hundreds of thousands of people. Plenty of characters people here find cute or likeable in fiction would be horrendously awful to be around in reality.

>>53867967
Just wanted to make sure that was clear, since I wasn't sure by your posts and it seemed important to note.
>>
>>53866894
If you take A Galaxy at War do you have to glass every enemy planet, or can you just take over all of them?
>>
>>53867980
Only one I can really think of is that guy that originally summoned Medea, the tanned blonde who used dozens of young girls for his experiments.
>>
>>53867941
I think comparing what we do to a genre that gets regularly published is a bit much. We're trash, we know and accept we're trash. People are actively making money off of a similar concept, sometimes doing good, sometimes doing bad. When it's bad in this case, it's terrible.
>>
>>53867950
Also,

>tasmanian devils
>cute

NEVER say that about a species from the Oceanic continent until you've seen it fully open it's mouth. Especially the humans.

>>53867986
I mean to be fair I'm pretty sure a lot of the early YAY ESDEATH talk was joshing back when Akame ga Kill was still in fashion. I did companion her still personally, I've never had a problem with dick companions.

Heck, if we go even further back I remember when Jibril was NGNL's must-have, even though she's a retired superweapon.

>>53868007
Also-MAGES! Them's the real monsters, alright. Kiritsugu's dad, the Ainsworths, arguably Yggddmillenia and whichever fuckers came up with Sealing Designations as a concept.
>>
>>53868041
To be fair, if we can give Shinji a pass on the Freudian train, most Mages probably qualify as well, being raised into it and all. If not, yeah, most Mages are genuine fuckers. Even the nice ones are often pretty bastardly.
>>
File: 1402211922305.jpg (368KB, 840x700px) Image search: [Google]
1402211922305.jpg
368KB, 840x700px
>>53867986
My stance on companions is this.

After I genocided all the Cursed Children I have no place to hold a little murder against anyone that has at least a good reason.

>>53868078
Though I never raped anyone, so Shinji can go fuck himself. To death.
>>
File: 1496350027002.jpg (173KB, 800x1150px) Image search: [Google]
1496350027002.jpg
173KB, 800x1150px
>>53867836
>>
>>53868041
>>53867950
Tazzies are cute, they are dieing out because they have comunicable face cancer.

That is cancer you can sprread to others via contact.

Its horrible.
>>
>>53868078
I give Shinji extra consideration for a pass only because he seems more vested in familial validation than some magical achievement like the rest; most of the others achieved some reasonable degree of success and were independant grownups, who made an informed choice to research fucked up stuff. Don't remember Kerry's dad having much childhood trouble, for example. And so far the Ainsworths seem to be mostly taking things into their own hands.

Shinji just got thrown in the deep end to further Zouken's schemes, which combined with teen hormones...made him a total shit. Probably would've still been a shit otherwise, but just a regular highschool asshole.
>>
>>53868142
That's sad. I still don't think they're cute, but communicable face cancer is easily one of the worst ways to go extinct.
>>
>>53868142
Dogs have a similar thing only it's an STD. Probably a lot more likely to be cured.
>>
>>53868001
Glass.
>>
>>53867950

Don't worry anon I understand you my nigga, She is really ugly and all we have to do is wait for this flavor of the season to be over and someone else takes his place
>>
>>53868115
That's nice to know.

>>53868143
True, he's dealt with a lot worse then just being raised to think a certain way.

>>53868142
Hardly cute in the conventional sense, especially in the audio sense, but they are cute in other ways. Is a shame what's happening to them. Is nice to know they might be starting to figure out how to treat it.
>>
File: tasmanian_devil2.jpg (118KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
tasmanian_devil2.jpg
118KB, 800x531px
>>53868202
Eh they remind me of a mix between an otter and a opossum.
>>
>>53868245
Mm, true, they are cute staying still. Guess I'm mostly just thinking on when they're not still.
>>
So in the new Stellaris jump you can import any empire you've ruled, what do you guys think would be the best choice? The Dahak chronicles 5th imperium seems like a good choice, all you need to do is take bridge crew and get to the main base before the original characters do.
>>
>>53868309
The empire of smiles from sugar bowl.
>>
File: image.png (65KB, 680x433px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
65KB, 680x433px
>>53868309
Belka will reclaim it's space clay!
>>
>>53868309
The fucking Galactic Empire is of course the best choice Anon, Having Super Star Destroyers and Death stars(if you can build one) running around in Stellaris is literally the greatest thing possible.
>>
>>53868500
The best thing possible is to use ISS and have literal star destroyers.
>>
>>53868517
Here we have someone with ideas.
>>
>>53868572
I haven't checked the jump to see if it's possible to use that mod desu
Thread posts: 542
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.