[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your favorite alignment? You don't need to prove

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62

What is your favorite alignment?

You don't need to prove it's the best, just tell us why you like it.
>>
>>53859877
Lawful neutral. It calls to mind a sort of muted badass. Ordered, logical, impartial.
>>
>>53859877
Holy shit, that bird chart is surprisingly accurate, particularly with the Canada goose and the seagull.
>>
Unaligned good. My character usually tries to do good and changes how he approaches his good - doings.
>>
>>53859877

Chaotic neutral because we're all gonna die so fuck off
>>
File: Max Stirner.jpg (10KB, 200x237px) Image search: [Google]
Max Stirner.jpg
10KB, 200x237px
>alignment
Nice spooks nerd
>>
Neutral Good. Just being good for the sake of being good appeals to my sense of morality, and it's the best and most flexible hero alignment easily.

Lawful Neutral is also fun.
>>
File: IAMTHELAW.gif (166KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
IAMTHELAW.gif
166KB, 500x281px
>>53859877
Lawful Neutral. It allows for a sort of brutality that's more frightening than the excesses of a chaotic individual.
>>
File: swans don't fuck around.jpg (91KB, 587x681px) Image search: [Google]
swans don't fuck around.jpg
91KB, 587x681px
>>53860098
I agree with everything except the canadian goose. They're lawful stupid.

LE should go to the swans.
>>
>>53860247
Nah. Morely NE being that they're beautiful creatures with ugly temperaments.
>>
>>53859877
Lawful evil. Having the strict sense of principles as a lawful character with the antisocial proclivities of an evil character has been universally fun for me.
>>
>>53859877
Lawful evil. Ruthless, calculating and not fucking around in the sense that when people cross you, you serve them steel and fire, and just seeing being evil as a tool to get shit done
>>
>>53859877
chaotic good
Thinking for yourself, doing what you think ought to be done and damn whoever disagrees, and giving a shit about the future and the quality of life of others. There's something immensely appealing about the idea of a person who cuts through the crap of civilization to do what really ought to be done. Also best society to live in.
>>
>>53859877
Any of the top 3 alignments, although penguins can be literally gay so that's a mark against penguin/LG in my book.
>>
>>53859877
Chaotic neutral characters are hilarious to play
Playing a book obsessed half-mad tengu wizard that taught his crow familiar to speak abyssal led to some fantastic npc interactions
>>
Neutral good, i enjoy just playing regular people doing what they think is right in whatever fucked up situation they end up in due to the nature of their adventures, as well as playing characters that are out for the greater good. My favorite character was a rogue that cared not for the consequences of her actions but only that they were the course of action that would contribute the most to the overall good of the world. She was a wanted serial killer in several formerly corrupt towns, with the help of the party of course.
>>
>>53859877
I think Lawful Evil is cool because of the monsters associated with it. Devils, Archdevil's and the Nine hells are some of my favorite bits of Dnd fluff.

But as a player Neutral Good has been enjoyable, mostly because I can play a good hero and never have to worry about alignment arguments over who is acting lawful or chaotic.
Just do good shit, have fun.
>>
>>53859877
neutral good
i just want a peaceful life, living within the rules as best as i can but i will not stand by and do nothing when people need me
>>
chaotic good, because fuck the rules you know what's right (its the closest thing to me in real life so I'm biased)
>>
>owls and crows are my favorite birds
>mirrored sides of the spectrum

Damnit, can't pick one, it's difficult. I like playing Neutral characters, though. You can do the right stuff and be very pragmatic in a sense. It's great, opens up a lot of possibilities, and Neutral doesn't necessarily need to actively hurt people to balance its good actions out.
>>
File: Neutral evil.jpg (31KB, 470x376px) Image search: [Google]
Neutral evil.jpg
31KB, 470x376px
>>53859877
Neutral Evil.
Pic related.
>>
>>53859877
>The ball of avian malice that is the Goose
>Not Chaotic Evil
You done fucked it up, OP.
>>
File: image-33-e1479122325106.jpg (83KB, 1000x653px) Image search: [Google]
image-33-e1479122325106.jpg
83KB, 1000x653px
>>53859877
>Chaotic evil.
>Not the fucking Cassowary.
Update this chart now.
>>
File: Red-tailed Hawk v11-13-016_V.jpg (417KB, 2400x1619px) Image search: [Google]
Red-tailed Hawk v11-13-016_V.jpg
417KB, 2400x1619px
I like Lawful Good which should be Pic Related, I fucking love honest earnest & competent. Someone who isn't a zealot, but woe to you who angers anot honest man types. When I play them, I play them as devious in mind & principled in action.

Which is also I thing I admire about Lawful Evil. Usually LE characters are things/bbeadts/monsters with all this power or authority at hand yet they hold themselves to higher standards. It's like, sure I could kick your ass six ways from Sunday, but I gave you my word so I shall actually help you right now, possibly forcing you into an even worse position later.
>>
>>53859877
chaotic neutral, it actualy appeals to the characters I make, the "I care not from whence you came only that you do not hinder me" personalities that I enjoy playing. and it also is my alignment in real life. take as much has I can to help me
>>
>>53862740
The Cassowary isn't evil, it just gives 0 shits and will fuck you up if you mess with it. It's CN with a free level or two in Barbarian
>>
File: 19.jpg (74KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
19.jpg
74KB, 312x445px
>>53859877

CN, switching sides is easy...if they're right, and everyone and everything is either correct/incorrect, moral/immoral.

EVERYTHING.
>>
>>53859877
Lawful Good - I like playing as folks with a strong moral code, so lawful in general I guess is good, but I tend towards the heroic characters
>>
>>53862740
>Update this chart now.

I will never understand this childish mentality. It's an MS Paint image. If you don't like the way it looks, open it up and edit it, instead of whining and demanding that someone else create something that caters to your exact tastes and preferences.
>>
>>53863296
It was an attempt at a joke. Take it easy, man.
>>
>>53860153
>>/lit/
>>
>>53863296
4chan is filled with children. Are you surprised they're selfish, entitled crybabies?
>>
>>53862490
I also like neutral best, and feel like most characters should start out as such and migrate to other alignments later.
>>
>>53859877
well I usually get chaotic neutral on the quizzes. If I interacted with people it would not be the best alignment to have, but I like to be by myself
>>
>>53862490
fun fact: owls are actually some of the least intelligent birds. That is still intelligent, but not like the myths portray them.
>>53862740
in reality every animal would be chaotic neutral
>>
File: aus.png (199KB, 600x1042px) Image search: [Google]
aus.png
199KB, 600x1042px
>>53859877
>LG penguin
Change it to emu
>>
>>53864098
See >>53863296
>>
File: Chejop Kejak.png (84KB, 369x417px) Image search: [Google]
Chejop Kejak.png
84KB, 369x417px
>>53859877
Lawful Neutral: Druid/Rilmani style. No "I fall in the middle somewhere" horse shit.

There is nothing nobler or more productive in this world than to fight for than balance. Swing the advantage to any of the other alignments, and they're gonna do something stupid and destroy the setting.
>>
>>53864137
see >>53863307
>>
>>53859877
Lawful good. I like playing strict and moral characters. It's probably perceived as the most narrow alignment but that's exactly why I like it. The character's stubbornness leads the roleplaying into interesting situations.
>>
>>53864223
This guy gets it.
>>
>>53859877
Lawful Evil & Chaotic Good are the most interesting characters, due to an inherently conflicting moral code.

In truth though I think Chaotic Evil would be the most interesting if people played them properly--- If a PC is CE then they have to be extremely clever how they go about being evil if they don't want to get caught. Think similar to Patrick Bateman from American Psycho, someone who does evil on a whim but takes great pains to not get caught. The best thing about a CE character would be trying to do evil shit and pin the blame on others for maximum chaos.

Unfortunately it takes a lot of private talks with the DM to make a CE character work beyond being Chaotic stupid.
>>
File: 1401922023556.jpg (71KB, 699x448px) Image search: [Google]
1401922023556.jpg
71KB, 699x448px
CE.

shit happens, shit gets done.

I'll deal with the consequences later, but stuff needs happening.
>>
File: 1496291123953.jpg (368KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1496291123953.jpg
368KB, 894x894px
>>53864236
>>53863307
>I was only pretending to be retarded XD
>>
all the alignments are good if you know how to play them but people seem to fuck chaotic neutral/evil up the most. chaotic means no rules not no reasons.
>>
Lawful evil is the only answer
Doctor doom is second best dictator
>>
File: mad max alignment.jpg (499KB, 1353x1118px) Image search: [Google]
mad max alignment.jpg
499KB, 1353x1118px
Chaotic Neutral, but not of the wacky randumb kind.
Here's a Mad Max chart I made earlier.
>>
All birds are chaotic evil this chart is unreliable
>>
>>53864901
It can be both.
The opposite of good is evil

The opposite of life is death to killing is by definition evil.

Lawful means order so the opposite of order is disorder i.e. randomness.
But doing it for no reason would be neutral.

Chaotic neutral means no rules do what is chaos and as such these rolls are usually occupied by unfeeling gods devoid of humanity.
>>
File: rilmani.gif (86KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
rilmani.gif
86KB, 300x360px
>>53864223
S-So, this is kinda embarrasing, but that's supposed to say "True Neutral," not Lawful Neutral.

No idea how that got in there...
>>
File: 435345654.png (1MB, 900x1778px) Image search: [Google]
435345654.png
1MB, 900x1778px
I generally find myself enjoying neutral good. Just trying to follow your moral compass towards what is the "right" thing to do, not necessarily but still often in line with laws.

It helps that cleric is my favorite class and being supporty and healy are my favorite things, and most good aligned deities in whatever setting usually lend themselves to these things.

I've played different flavors of evil characters just to try it out and get educated on playing them but I always feel bad. Corny, I know but w/e
>>
>>53864223
Every time I think of True Neutral, I'm reminded of one That Guy who was convinced the entirety of TN could be summed up by flailing his arms and saying "I just killed something bad, now I have to go kill something good. Murr."
>>
>>53865209

Jesus, what doofus.
>>
>>53865209
That's because Druid/Rilmani True Neutral is one of the only allignments that is just an allegiance, and not a combination of allegiance and personality. All it means is that, when the good kingdom wants to drive the orc hordes into the wastes, you're the guy who's smart enough to realize that this'll do nothing but make Orc hordes tougher and more desperate. There is no code of conduct implied.
>>
>>53865097
Yeah, I tend to veer to Neutral Good more often than not, it's a fairly heartwarming alignment. Even then I find True Neutral interesting. I like using birds as a running theme and using owls or ravens or crows always ends up being interesting with Neutral Good, everyone always assumes it's more Neutral/Evil with those.
>>
>>53859877
Lawful good. Everything else is useless.
>>
>>53859877
Anything good, because being a dick just isn't rewarding for me.
>>
>>53860153
>posting the philosophical equivalent of a smug anime girl .jpg
>>
why is a seagull chaotic evil?
doesnt even make sense in an ironic way
>>
File: Manji blade of the immortal.jpg (84KB, 507x740px) Image search: [Google]
Manji blade of the immortal.jpg
84KB, 507x740px
Chaotic Neutral going into Chaotic Good or vice versa. Yes, very boring but it's the truth.

Why? The freedom. The entire point of a D&D hero character is to shake things up. To influence events where you go - even if its unintentional. I just don't like the idea of being a dick to even imaginary people that did no wrong. And I don't like the idea of being bound by oaths or the like when, again, heroes should make the world around them, not follow it.

I like the example of Mad Max being a CN character above. Posting a character comparison myself that I think typifies the attitude to make it a little more interesting. Though not a well known one.

Actually thinking about it, the entire series has good examples of neutral and evil characters messing with each other that still act vaguely human.
>>
>>53859877
Whenever I make a character that I would love to play, rather than a character I think would be great for the story, I tend to make one that's either chaotic good, or chaotic neutral leaning towards good.

If chaotic good, he's a character who wants to do the right thing but refuses to submit to authority. Either because he believes the authority to be part of the evil, or a stepping stone to it.

If chaotic neutral, he's usually a dashing rogue who's in it for himself but is eventually drawn towards the good side of things because of personal attachments.
>>
>>53864901
I always think of CN being the alignment of unreliable slackers
>>
>>53859877
Switch Owls and Crows and you might have a chart.
>>
>>53867055
That is a usual complaint but one that is ultimately caused by bad players and bad DMs. A CN character isn't one that do anything he wants with no consequences. He's CN full stop. If he does more evil than good, he should shift to CE. If he does way more good than evil, he should shift to CG. If he doesn't care about anything at all he should probably shift to TN.

A CN character is one who leans towards chaos while doing about the same amount of good and evil deeds or otherwise commots no deeds which could be construed to be evil or good. Being CN is not a fee pass to do whatever you want.
>>
Godzilla chart.1/3
>>
2/3
>>
3/3
>>
>>53867679
>>53867713
>>53867790
CG >>> LG >>>>>> the rest.
>>
>>53859877
Can't stand alignments. If they're used prescriptively, they feel far too rigid to accurately model human behaviour, and lead to a lot of weird and ugly edge-cases. If they're used descriptively, they feel far too vague, reductionist and subjective to impart any useful information.

Better to just discard the whole system entirely.
>>
>>53864880
At least they were only pretending.

Seriously, dude. Nobody but you thought they were actually bent out of shape over the wrong bird being on the chart and demanding that it be fixed to their satisfaction. People can and do make statements in jest, and not everything is bile and trolling.
>>
>>53859877
Neutral Evil who is loyal to the party and shares their goals. I like playing the token evil teammate. Not a bloodthirsty psychopath but just a bad guy who doesn't let morality get in his way.

>>53860098
>>53860247
>>53860303
>Canadian geese
>anything but Chaotic Evil
>>
File: evo families.jpg (62KB, 400x700px) Image search: [Google]
evo families.jpg
62KB, 400x700px
>>53859877
Neutral good or chaotic neutral.

I like playing warlock and summoner characters. Good intentions and all that jazz.
>>
>>53859877
LG. It's the hardest to get right, and not fall into the traps of becoming Lawful Stupid and/or an aggravating holier-than-thou shitbag. But when you do, you become a legend in your RP circle.
>>
Lawful Evil undergoing deep and meaningful character development that ultimately lands him somewhere around Lawful Neutral and Lawful Good.
>>
>>53868046
>Canadian geese
>anything but Chaotic Evil
We have a nesting pair where I work. Every year for the last 6 years. As long as they follow the rules (they carved out a territory, but it's our construction yard, and they don't fuck with us or our machines) they can stay.
The hardest part is convincing the new guys not to feed them, and not to run from them. If they start at you, you keep going like you own the place, and they back down.
I've only had to crack daddy goose upside the dead once. He's cool shit now.
>>
File: lawful good.png (249KB, 1903x950px) Image search: [Google]
lawful good.png
249KB, 1903x950px
>>53868156
As usual, the harder something is to make work, the more awesome it feels when you do nail it.
>>
>>53868173
Meant upside the *head.
>>
>>53859877
I used to prefer Chaotic Neutral and all my characters fit into it unintentionally, probably due to my weird set of morals. But now I have found that I love starting neutral and over time sliding into more extreme alignments depending on what my character goes through and how it changes them.

Though since all of the campaigns our DM runs are brutal as hell the lack of flexibility in one's decision making from being good tends to push my characters towards evil it seems. You start out practical but levelheaded and after a few dead friends, desperate interrogation sessions, and a dozen or two unconscious-but-bleeding-to-death sentient creatures/humanoids left in your wake you start to wonder why you ever even had a problem with simply taking the most logical and practical approach in any given situation as you shapeshift corpses into rats and kick them into a river.
>>
I love lawful good character who follow absolutely absurds principles with an extreme devotion.
>>
File: Karma HxH.png (806KB, 1526x1438px) Image search: [Google]
Karma HxH.png
806KB, 1526x1438px
>>
>>53859877
Chaotic Good.

I do what's right, because it's the right thing to do. And I don't take laws or social mores into account when doing it - that's not to say that I actively oppose them, just that they don't enter into my thought process.
>>
>>53864947
I almost feel that Immortan Joe and Lord Humongous should be reversed. But then, Immortan Joe has an actual society that he rules and maintains, while Lord Humongous is basically just a highway bandit.

Thought-provoking...
>>
>>53868503
Why would you post something in an indecipherable language?
>>
Neutral evil.

>For mine own good all causes shall give way.

It offers the best of every world with none of the restrictions. I -could- stab this random merchant and rob his store. But we're staying here for a while and making an enemy of the guard or the merchants family will make life harder. So I wont.

Now this same scenario only a wizard is gating us across the country in an hour? Then suddenly not paying for something becomes a whole lot less punishing.

I have the rational to work with a party, and not chaotic stupid it unless I'm Literally holding all the cards and you're about to die
>>
>>53868552
I'm halfway inclined to believe The Lord Humongous, the ayatollah of rock and rolla might have actually honoured his word.
>>
File: Evil Goddess.jpg (54KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
Evil Goddess.jpg
54KB, 640x853px
Lawful Evil or Lawful Neutral are my favorites.
>>
>>53862490
Your two favorite birbs fucking hate each other.
>>
Anything on the law axis or NG.
Lawful anything is fun, I have a particular fondness for playing lawful evil that's technically correct but is going about everything the wrong way.
>>
File: pgs926h[1].gif (824KB, 360x197px) Image search: [Google]
pgs926h[1].gif
824KB, 360x197px
>>53868562
>He doesn't speak Elven
>>
File: alignments in 4u.png (612KB, 1368x770px) Image search: [Google]
alignments in 4u.png
612KB, 1368x770px
>>
>>53868552
Yeah, for all of his posturing and charismatic speeches, The Humungus is just another plundering bandit in charge of assorted scumbags. Joe had the Citadel and all that it contained and loftier ambitions in general.
>>
>>53871388
Poon is the loftiest of goals.

Toast is the best bride.
>>
File: BlackMageFlowChart.png (20KB, 529x409px) Image search: [Google]
BlackMageFlowChart.png
20KB, 529x409px
Usually one of the neutral alignments. Chaotic or Lawful really, since i dont know if ive ever played an absolutely neutral character. Though really the problem with Chaotic Neutral is that a lot of the time the only real difference from that to light C. Evil is that the former isn't actively manevolent.

If I'm playing Lawful Neutral I'm playing someone who basically has their own sets of rules that they consider more important than anything else.

I played one guy once called Owen Oathkeeper and basically roleplayed him as someone who's gone totally over to nihilism before realising something he personally valued is keeping his word. And from there he basically went into full on 'promises and contracts are the only thing anyone should believe in'. The sins for Owen were 1) Lying or breaking your word and 2) Hypocrisy. Most everything else he didnt give much of a shit about.

He did a lot of stuff for no other reason than someone asking him to nicely and him saying 'Okay'. He liked to wander around and make sure people were keeping their word and obligations, and he had a complicated relationship with the law because he felt that people didn't really get a choice in a bunch of laws and a contract can't be one people are just handed from birth without choice.

Overall he approved of guards and lawkeepers, but if he saw someone being knifed in the street he'd stop them, ask them why they did it and if their reply seemed halfway reasonable (i promised X i would! I was paid 20GP to do this!) he'd just shrug and wander off.

Owen was weird. He got on well with the rest of the group and he roleplayed really well, but after playing him for long enough I found I had a really hard time not thinking like him for everything. It was a very weirdly infectious mindset. Also he got confused about the 'right' course of action for his own weird brand of morality a lot.
>>
>>53864223
this perspective is fine for settings where the main alignment balance is law vs. chaos, but it always bugs me when it's good vs. evil because obviously good is better than evil unless you're some kinda edgelord who jerks off to angels being assholes and devils doing nothing more evil than dressing in sharp clothes.
You can get around this in a few ways (like relabeling it as "communalism vs. ambition), but those usually just crib from the law/chaos balance or invoke a kind of metaphysics that invalidates the point of taking either side in the first place, which would make no other alignment defensible.
>>
File: 1474188225985.jpg (43KB, 750x734px) Image search: [Google]
1474188225985.jpg
43KB, 750x734px
>>53871936

As for my Chaotic Neutral. I played a shapeshifter with short term memory loss once which was fun as hell. Their name was Any, for pretty self explanatory reasons. (Name? Any!)

Think Dory, except with more 'Kill and replace'. They didnt know who they were, how old they were or even their name or gender, and they lost track of old memories pretty quickly. So they had the personality of a curious, sociopathic child. A lot of the time they had that as an appearance as well.

Their past that anyone knew was literally just that they used to be with another party who were using them to fuck with some nobles, and that party lost track of them and they kept blundering around as the noble they'd replaced until the new party ran into them.

Another lot of fun character. Though their complete lack of any ability to remember any details of anything was pretty massive as shortcomings go. And they sort of drifted into Chaotic Evil if no one was keeping an eye on them, in a very 'kids pull the legs of spiders if they're bored' sort of way.

The party lawful good found them really disturbing IC, mostly because they were kind of eager to please and very loyal to their newfound friends (as you kinda have to be when you keep all your memories outside your own head) but were also so clearly amoral that i liked to imply all the different disguises they put on were all previous people that had been killed by them.
>>
File: 1489155841775.jpg (722KB, 2049x1640px) Image search: [Google]
1489155841775.jpg
722KB, 2049x1640px
Generally good alignments, although I'm quite happy playing all of them desu
>>
>>53867679
>>53867713
>>53867790
Where are these quotes from? In my experience kaiju aren't very talkative.
>>
File: Half Fiend genetic studies.jpg (364KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Half Fiend genetic studies.jpg
364KB, 1800x1200px
>>53871959
>but it always bugs me when it's good vs. evil because obviously good is better than evil
Your first mistake was thinking that Good and good are the same thing, or that there's a similarity between evil and Evil. In the DnD cosmologies where allignments actually matter, Good and Evil are physical, quantifiable as inherent to the universe as order and entropy.

Here's a classic example: a good necromancer uses animated skeletons to build an orphanage. Is this a good act? All established DnD lore say no, it is not. You are literally bringing physical Evil into the universe when you cast Animate Dead, so it is always an evil act, no matter what it's used for.

This, by the way, is one of the reasons allignment is bullshit. It's used as a way to describe someone's personality, as well as someone's grand cosmic alegiance, when it should really only be used for the latter.
>>
>>53873055
>This, by the way, is one of the reasons allignment is bullshit
Alignments aren't inherently bullshit, but adding the good-evil axis was a mistake.
>>
>>53873055
Well, I kinda figured that since we were talking about D&D, we'd be talking about Good and Evil as the same thing as good and evil, because that's how that system treats morality, and because coming into an alignment thread and saying "alignments are bullshit" isn't usually very productive
>>
File: 1486962050841.png (273KB, 900x750px) Image search: [Google]
1486962050841.png
273KB, 900x750px
the only alignment chart that truly matters
>>
>>53859877
Any neutral, because they leave the most leeway in terms of permitted actions, which leads to playing more interesting characters.
>>
>>53870938
Pretty sure you missed a Futurama reference there
>>
>>53873202
I like the Good-Evil axis, but mostly because I'm a huge sucker for the Outer planes, the Blood War, Planescape, and the whole alignment metaplot that DnD pretends to have when it's convenient.

If I were recreating DnD, I'd have there be the 9 "official" allignments, but also allow people to create custom personal alignments for their characters; shit like 'Inquisitive Spiritualist' or 'Honorable Darwinian' or 'Pacifist Materialist;' stuff that can explain a character's broad views with only 2 words.

>>53873293
The system treats morality as both, or as neither, however it pleases. At one point it says that what's important is morality and action, and then it says that it's always an evil act to use a spell with an Evil descriptor, even if you're using it for good purposes.
>>
>>53860153
>>
>>
>>53873574
Where would custom alignments fit in with the Outer Planes?
>>
>>53874511
Nowhere, because custom alignments would be personality alignments, while other alignments would be allegiance alignments. In all likelihood, and Honorable Darwinian would be reincarnated upon death, instead of merging with the plane that fits his (nonexistent) Allegiance.
>>
>>53874847
And I think in all likelihood an Honorable Darwinian would be claimed by the Nine Hells
>>
My favourite is chaotic evil. Probably because i drank paint as a kid.
>you can play chaotic evil well if you actually are chaotic evil
>>
File: 1496322695032.jpg (774KB, 1062x1325px) Image search: [Google]
1496322695032.jpg
774KB, 1062x1325px
>>53859877
>>
File: 1452472760397.gif (218KB, 340x324px) Image search: [Google]
1452472760397.gif
218KB, 340x324px
Neutral Good
No need for loyalty to a nation or code of rules, and no need to completely rebel against authority. Just try to be a good person and do the best you can to make everyone's life a little better
>>
File: Yari.jpg (9KB, 650x309px) Image search: [Google]
Yari.jpg
9KB, 650x309px
>>53859877
Alright guys, let me tell you about my most relatable character ever, Eden.

This guy is the oldest of two children, he's very protective over his younger brother as they've both run away from their home-town. Why? Well every time you ask him he changes it and Kaiba (his younger brother) doesn't like to talk about it.

So Eden and Kaiba move to a small town out in the middle of nowhere and get a house. Eden becomes a fisher while Kaiba becomes a black smith's apprentice and in return teaches the blacksmith about the higher dieties. They're here for a while when suddenly the trade shipments stop coming in. Eden gets an idea, he can form a militia up to go out and find the supplies. He takes himself, kaiba, and six other people (4 PC's) and head out.

They track around and find out that goblins killed the merchants and stole their shit, so Eden and his gang find their home and start to fight. However this is a hard mode campaign and two people are seriously injured and one dies. Though Eden uses his fishing spear for combat and small goblin spears for javelins and wrecks house. Then they're all loading up ready to head out. Eden stops Kaiba and tell him. "Hide some of everything for us, we can resell it or utilize the resources to make our own status higher." They shave a few pounds off of everything since they're the only ones who can read and write and are in charge of counting it all up. So then they take their stash and come back for it the next day.

Eden becomes obsessed with making a better life for his brother and himself. He starts to use his money to buy more and more books and even buys letters off of nearby couriers. He practices forgery and eventually becomes equipped with all the writing needs he could use to forge himself and his brother nobility.
>>
File: cab9569dd41f52c5531fe8d3fc91cceb.jpg (748KB, 1280x1216px) Image search: [Google]
cab9569dd41f52c5531fe8d3fc91cceb.jpg
748KB, 1280x1216px
>>53876640

But before he can do that the King's men show up and set up camp. They're fucking dicks and the town hates them. So Eden rounds up the old posse and heads to the captains tent. Introduces himself and the Captain agrees to leave if the militia can kill the nearby barbarians. Eden says no problem and rolls out with them boys. It's a few days march but they make it to the poorly guarded settlement and Kaiba uses his familiar to scout it out. Eden says that their barbarian will go in and challenge the alpha while the others cut through the leather walls and kill those that aren't paying attention.

Ex-paladin retired adventurer Droy says that's outrageous and not the right thing to do. Eden explains that they're out numbered and that there's no way that they'd be able to fight them head on. Droy persists it's a bad idea for honor's sake. Eden sighs and assures him, we won't even be able to kill them all this way, this just makes it even, honorable. It's a good enough bluff and they go in. Kaiba uses a short sword and a round shield and he fucking kicks ass. The two brothers are fighters with a level in wizard so they're pretty nice multitools in the battlefield. Though Kaiba takes an arrow to the thigh and then to his collarbone knocking him out. Eden thinks that he's dead and goes ape shit and starts spearing down archers, grabbing a bident and mowing through them before one dodges inside his attack range and stabs him through the bottom of his mouth.

>Roll for composure
>20

Eden pulls out his filet knife and stabs the man in the neck killing him. Eden finds an ally and is put on med rest with the rest of the party for a week. Then they go back to the town, the barbarians slain, and their children being sent off to a civilized farmer who desperately needs some extra hands. Those who didn't choose this were put up for adoption in the town. A fair deal, Droy is happy.

Though, he's not the one that Eden should be focusing on.
>>
>>53867959
>n-no, YOU'RE a retard ;_;

Fuck off. People like you are responsible for this site's decline. Whining endlessly that nobody did exactly what you wanted, when the solution is simple if you just bothered to put in the effort. If you care at all about the state of the traditional gaming hobby, you should stop posting and take your own life.
>>
File: gallic_warrior_sword_armor.jpg (11KB, 195x400px) Image search: [Google]
gallic_warrior_sword_armor.jpg
11KB, 195x400px
>>53876841

In town there's this man named Ace who is a seasoned badass fights for money in town. Eden fought him once and actually won earning a couple gold. This only served to fuel his ego even further. However a wench that was sweet on him was killed by one of the kings men for a shitty reason. Ace is ready for blood. Eden is torn.

You see Eden wishes to do what is right, he and Kaiba grew up on hero stories and Eden in a way has been a hero to this town. But now how does he protect them? Does he help Ace fight the guard and berid their tyranny? It's what he wants to do but he knows that if the kings men die then only more will come that will inflict twice as much pain on these people if not just killing them outright.

>What do I do?
>Kill Ace.

If Eden killed Ace then it would prevent him from disturbing the men, the men whose job he and his militia just did. A father to two beautiful girls died out of his militia, and Eden was the one to go to his doorstep and break the news. He's carried this town on his shoulders, will he let one man ruin it all. He talks to Kaiba about it, Kaiba thinks it's wrong but smart. So he asks the rest of his militia. Who pipes in the loudest?

Droy, NO THAT'S COMPLETELY IMMORAL ACE IS OUR FRIEND.

But he's also a sociopath willing to get the entire town killed over one girl.

THAT ONE GIRL WAS ONE OF OUR OWN!

Is her life worth everyone elses here? Worth my Brothers?

WHOSE SIDE ARE YOU ON?

This is what really made me realize what Eden is, and he is as some of you may have guessed.

>Chaotic Neutral.

However, he still desires to do good and eventually agrees to help Ace. So he strategiese and leads the attack. Stealthy killing the two front guards and leading the party to the barracks. Where Eden and the party butcher twelve men in their sleep. Droy is wracked with Guilt and threatens to leave. Eden has had enough, Then leave if you don't like my methods. Droy grumbles and moves on.
>>
File: Skillful-Lunge-Art.jpg (177KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
Skillful-Lunge-Art.jpg
177KB, 900x675px
>>53877164

Droy starts heading for the captains bunk. Readies his two handed great sword, and Eden pulls him back asking him to think. Droy just marches on into the room, where the older commander pulls out his two handed sword, already set up in his heavy armor. Droy rushes in and gets flat footed to the ground. The commander aims for his unarmored head.
"Kaiba!"
>True Strike
Bolts in the room and as his blade glows with energy it pushes through the mans armor and bisects a portion of his spine. Slumping to the ground Kaiba turns back to Eden with a smile. Eden nods, Droy assures them he had it under control. Eden doesn't respond, then Ace stands in front of the door to the final room where the rest of the guards were eating and drinking. He wants to go alone.

Droy of course objects, but Eden leans in and tells Ace. "Do it for her." and Ace smiles brightly before turning around and entering the room and the door shutting behind him. The barbarian and Droy both try to get in but Eden stops them.

"What are you doing!?"

> We let him kill the guards and then we pick off the rest. He gets his revenge and rest, we all leave alive.

Eden, you're an evil man and I hate you. May you forever wander. Kaiba frowns at this and Eden gets a nerve pinched. He says he'll let them go through as long as they don't die.

They go in, they kill the kings men, ace and the rest all survive and Eden is given time to reflect. So he goes to his brother.

"Kaiba, we're good at something here. Me and you? We're the best fighters here, and I think I have a plan."

"What is it?"

"I know you wont like this, but I think me and you could hit the road, and we could find our own place to be happy. You could become a priest and me a scholar, both with noble titles and a house to call our own." Kaiba thinks a moment before nodding with tears in his eyes.

"I don't wanna leave again, but if it's with my big brother. I know everything will turn out okay."
>>
File: dragoon.jpg (98KB, 585x428px) Image search: [Google]
dragoon.jpg
98KB, 585x428px
>>53877384

So Eden gathers up all the coin gathered, splits it in half, and leaves fifty percent of it for the rest of them to sort out. He takes his brother and he goes back home and packs up shop. Eden swindles a few other people in town for supplies and even beds a girl to get her father's keys so he can steal some new backpacks for him and his brother.

They're starting to leave town and Droy shows up angry as fuck as he calls him out.

"Liar! Thief! You're everything that one should hate! We trusted you! and now you're going to leave us even though more fights are ahead!"

"They're your fights now, in our absence you've become the strongest fighter here. I promote you to militia captain! Assuming you follow my earlier commands you should perform marvelously." Droy screams and unsheathes ready to throw down, but Eden doesn't flinch. He wont attack him if he doesn't accept his challenge. So as he walks away Droy gives off one last cry.

"Davinports I swear! If I ever see you again I'll kill you!" To which Eden shot a cold glare and said,

"Then you never will." and that's where their story ends. They went off to adventure and the rest of the party kept going with the DM. Me and Kaiba's PC both made new characters to help them defend the town some more. But as of right now Eden and Kaiba are two brothers on the road, with fighting prowess that talent doesn't even summarize.

And that "Fuck you I got mine" mentality that Eden has is so fucking good. Once he realized he had power laws, morals, nothing could keep him down as long as he and his brother were happy it was right. Willing to sacrifice anyone else other than himself and his only family left.
>>
>>53873369
>tfw I switch between Dapper Hooligan and unassuming fellow
Feels pretty alright
>>
>>53868178
LG also has the best potential for one liners. One of my players almost always plays a LG paladin, but they're rarely smite machines - they have morals that they won't break, but they're willing to bend if neccessary for the rest of the party. It's good shit, and he's redeemed several Evil NPCs.

>"You're right, the world's not fair. I AM."

>"All these lavish decorations and beautiful women, and yet somehow, you're still going to die wondering 'where did I go wrong?'"

>"No matter how dark the night grows, no torch has ever been snuffed out by a shadow."

>"What did I do to them? I showed them mercy... No, not that sort of mercy. I spared them - they are yet still fishing at the foot of this mountain. They abandoned you, Welch [the BBEG]."

Fuck I love having a This Guy in the group playing a paladin.
>>
>>53873055
>You are literally bringing physical Evil into the universe when you cast Animate Dead, so it is always an evil act, no matter what it's used for.

All you have to do is make your use of Animate Dead cause more good than the evil caused by casting it and it is a good act. this is ignoring that the "some spells bring evil into the world and make it forever shittier" thing is something almost no bit of lore ever brings up ever just like how no one mentions that good spells should make it better thus you should cast good spells constantly

Unless you're trying to say "You can never do good with an evil act, no matter how small the evil is" which is obviously retarded.
>>
>>53879578
>You can never do good with an evil act, no matter how small the evil is
IIRC, that's the Christian/Catholic position on things. If you give millions to charity, but only because you vainly think that giving to charity makes you a greater man and not because you want to help the poor, then it doesn't count as a good deed.

Don't quote me on that, tho: I'm not Christian.
>>
>>53879772
Well in that case you are doing something good but not doing it because you want to help other people, but because you want to help yourself. An evil person can want to protect innocents the same way a good person would want to, but for different reasons, and that's what is happening there.

A better comparison would be something like "Can you do good if it involves killing/inflicting pain on someone?" and there's a hundred ways to ask that.
>>
File: trolley problem.jpg (27KB, 645x429px) Image search: [Google]
trolley problem.jpg
27KB, 645x429px
>>53879846
>>
>>53880013
I was thinking about mentioning that specific example but I couldn't find the image.

But yeah, that. There are people who seriously would not pull the lever because they would be responsible for one death. They would rather watch five people die from their inaction, while holding the lever. Which is an excellent example of what sloth is/was as a sin.
>>
>>53861872

That's one way to play CN, works well in a beer and pretzels game. But, there is another: uncompromising abolitionist/egalitarian.

I'm involved in a campaign where slavery is common and fairly harsh, and enforced by a lawful evil society but tolerated by the LNs and fewer LGs. My PC, a freedman, balances good and bad things in the name of liberty.

>Waterboarding a petty slaveholder? Check.

>Ensuring current slaves have as good food and water as their masters? Check.

>Quietly sneaking in and assassinating the local slave market owner, as well as any engaged in their family business? Check.

>Helping entire enslaved families escape, and reuniting separated families? Check.

>Convincing the burghers in the independent town to allow suffrage for all job-holding or landowning individuals? Check (took so bribery shenanigans).
>>
Theoretical situation:

>PC kills a man who is undeniably Evil and has been doing terrible things to innocents. >Depending on the PC's alignment, it could have been because they wanted to stop him, or because he was in the way of their goals, or just by coincidence. The PC's motive for killing him isn't really important.
>As the PC is walking away from the encounter, he sees the dead man's young (like 8-10 yo) son, crying over his father's corpse
>The son looks up, rage present on his face through his tears and says "When I grow up and get stronger, I'm going to find you and kill you for what you did to my father!"

What does a character of each alignment do/say in response to hearing this?
>>
>>53880381
Why is that not CG tho?
>>
>>53880068
It has nothing to do with sloth, just having strong morals. If you pull the lever, you've committed a murder, if you didn't, you've just witnessed a tragedy.
>>
>>53880013
At times like these, I fall back onto ethical calculus and basically become a Human survival paperclip machine.

Everyone in the vaults, in order of genetic supremacy. Jews in the front, Donald Trump in the back.

But yeah there's not really a Good answer to the question, so a proper LG character would either remove the chance of the question happening in the first place, or take the Neutral route.
>>
>>53880722
Sloth as a sin has several definitions and one of them is choosing to not do good when one reasonably could have. For example if you saw a man collapse on the sidewalk in front of you and stepped over his unconscious body instead of helping him because you didn't want to be a few minutes late for work, you would be guilty of sloth. You let a man probably die and didn't even try to help him because it would have been a minor inconvenience to you.

The logic you are using here, which is of course the logic everyone who doesn't pull the lever uses, is just that you don't want to be the one who did something bad and you didn't put the other five people onto the rails so if they die it's not your problem and therefor not your fault if they die, as you stand by and watch and do nothing to save them. Of course you didn't put the single person onto the rails either though so I don't know why any of them dying makes you a murderer, especially if the five dying somehow doesn't in your mind.

You could argue that you are not responsible for the lives of the man on the sidewalk, or anyone on the rails. You would be right. But that's doesn't change how you actively chose to not help someone in need and knowingly let them die when all it would have taken is a moment of your time to save them. You weren't responsible for the heart condition that caused the man on the sidewalk to collapse either, but surely if one actually had strong morals they would save the man on the sidewalk or pull the lever, going out of their way to help people even if for some reason they thought pulling the lever would be committing murder since saving people's lives is more important than using twisted logic to claim you have a clean consciousness.
>>
>>53877512
That was a good story. Thanks for sharing. Brightened my evening.

I go in for CN for similar reasons. Maaan yeah that was good
>>
>>53878017
mostly find myself doing mostly unassuming gentleman and then scruffy gentleman
>>
>>53868156
>>53868178
Lawful Good? Hardest to make work? Just do a or the right thing in any given situation. Or the least wrong thing, if forced.

Playing evil or chaotic alignments in a way that doesn't disrupt the campaign/party (so, playing them well) sounds way harder to me.
>>
>>53880506
LG would list his wrongdoings to the kid, how he has hurt many other families and killed other peoples fathers

NG would explain how bad of a man he was, might try to help the kid against his will

CG would do the above, but wont hesitate to kick his ass in the future

LN would escort the noisy kid to the nearest orphanage or legal guardian

TN would just shrug, thats how the world works. you do bad things and people come to kill you.

CN might slap the kid and say his father was a shit

LE would put in excruciating detail on what his father has been up to, and leave the kid hating his father and possibly himself

NE would try to use him in their future endeavors even if the kid isnt aware

CE would just kill the kid on the spot. you just spendt all this time on some twat, dont need his spawn to become stronger. might leave him alive if they want a better fight than their father put up, and would tell them just that.

at least thats the general jiff imo
>>
>>53873650
>NMH
>LG

Going back in time and bringing someone back to the present just to marry them is pretty chaotic
>>
File: marcus aurelius.jpg (128KB, 870x575px) Image search: [Google]
marcus aurelius.jpg
128KB, 870x575px
What alignment is this?
>>
>>53881679
Where's the "And that is fully within your rights, kid. I'll be waiting." fit?
>>
>>53881694
Lawful Neutral in one's own interest
>>
>>53881694
I'd say neutral good, but I don't know shit.
>>
>>53873650
>TFW Fucking love modest mouse

Existential nightmares are those you are always awake for.
>>
>>53880506
LG, NG would explain the Man had to die.
LE and NE would kill the kid.
CG and CE would pat the kid on the head, smile, and tell them they'll be waiting.
>>
File: Carl.jpg (41KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Carl.jpg
41KB, 600x450px
>>53880722

That's not strong morals. Thats moral cowardice.

Doing nothing in the face of evil is not a neutral act, and refusing to act because you're more concerned with 'tainting' yourself than the lives of innocents is so selfish even Ayn Rand would start throwing paperweights.

Which is not to say that there isn't an argument for letting the single guy live. Just that you have to face up that whichever choice you make, you've killed someone. Choosing to do nothing is still choosing.

If youve pulled the lever, you've committed a murder to save five people's lives (though murder specifically means unlawful killing, and i imagine most courts would find your actions lawful).

If you don't pull the lever, you've still killed people.

"Refusing to play the game" is still a choice that has consequences and no different to choosing to let the single guy live except by being about a trillion times more detestable.

A perfect example would be a guy dying of thirst. You have a bottle of water that you could give him. Is walking away and leaving him to his fate just 'observing a tragedy?'. Of course its not. You killed him. You caused his death. You just did so through a specific kind of inaction.
>>
File: GutsCrying.png (345KB, 1014x1035px) Image search: [Google]
GutsCrying.png
345KB, 1014x1035px
>>53881708
depends on the setting and context, that shit can be good intentions or evil as fuck with who is saying it and why. but LG, LN, and TN would be among the least likey to unless sanctioned duels are a thing, like in canada.

for example, guts in berserk killed a girls dad who made a deal with demons, was eating people, and became a devil himself. girl wanted to kill herself after the ordeal, it was still her dad. so guts puffed out his chest and made himself up to be a big ol heartless monster in order to give her the will to live, even if it meant hating his guts(ba dum pshh), he cared more about her life than his reputation and the risk of an entire kingdom coming for his head.
>>
>>53881813
I like the sound of you dude
>>
>>53881975
we'd make good friends
>>
>>53881813
Of course you then run into the problem of everyone being a killer because somewhere, at some point, they didn't do something they theoretically could have and that lack of action lead to the suffering if not death of another person.
>>
>>53882359
The importance is awareness and being capacity to do something.

No one is personally responsible for saving a life of a person who they do not even know the existence of.

Unless you are just autistic or baiting, then please do the morally strong thing and kill yourself
>>
>>53882359
Well the nice thing about the trolley thing is you know the exact effect of your two possible actions and can immediately choose either of them at no cost to yourself. It distills everything to one choice to get you to examine why you would think one way or the other.

You can't know the results of most daily inconsequential actions and thus can't know if the world is better with or without them. There's as many good reasons to give a beggar money as there are to not, and other shit like "I left for work at 8:30 instead of 8:31, which caused a car to stop in one spot for too long and get hit by a semitruck" is just purely an accident that you can't be responsible for. If you KNEW that would happen and left at that time anyway, then you would be guilty on some level.
>>
File: sandwich.jpg (114KB, 960x660px) Image search: [Google]
sandwich.jpg
114KB, 960x660px
>>53868178
I fucking hate any sore of "progression" meme that involves the last step directly contradicting the previous enlightenment. I saw it coming the second i read "discovering LG is the worst alignment"
its too predictable, not witty, and completely retarded.
fucking stop it.
>>
>>53873369

all scruffy all the time.

good thing im not a nerfherder too.
>>
>>53881813
>A perfect example would be a guy dying of thirst. You have a bottle of water that you could give him. Is walking away and leaving him to his fate just 'observing a tragedy?'. Of course its not. You killed him. You caused his death. You just did so through a specific kind of inaction.
this is objectively untrue.
in a state in which you were not there, he would have died.
just because you witnessed it and had the potential to do something about it does not mean you altered the natural state, which is his death.
>>
>>53881679
I don't think it's as clear cut as that. There's plenty of other options that don't fit on the chart. Mine would be: Take the kid with me whether he likes it or not, and try to teach him to be less of an asshole than his dad. This could really fit any alignment LG could try to reform him, CE could be doing it as one more fuck you to the guy he killed
>>
>>53883090
somebody hasn't realized that LG is the best alignment yet
>>
>>53864947
aaand now i'm watching mad max for the 50th time
>>
>>53859877
A very generous opinion of vultures but spot on regarding seagulls.
>>
>>53859877
Neutral good, chaotic good and true neutral are all tied.
Neutral good for its purity, chaotic good for its creativity and freedom, true neutral for detachment, objectivity and logic. Not as into muh balance true neutral.
>>
>>53881179
Thanks man, people like you are the reason I became a DM.
>>
>>53861619
The fact that they can be gay makes them even more LG. They've created a society where literally nobody is outcast and as a result no child is left uncared for.
>>
>>53859877
Chaotic Good.
Mostly because if i find a starving village I'd steal from others to feed them.
Maybe hit a caravan.
>>
>>53884102
i haven't gone through any of the steps.
it's not that that particular list is worse than the others, in fact it was really expected.
it reminds me of /pol/ charts that go something like
>being a bluepill who believes authority is needed
>leaning libertarian
>being an anarchist
>realizing that absolute authority is needed

its pure shit, in every context.
>>
Lawful Neutral. I like playing characters that will straddle moral lines to fufill their duty.
>>
>>53859877
Lawful Evil.
I work best with Good characters. We have all the same goals. But when it's time to get our hands dirty, I'm there so they don't have to.
Let the Paladin's armour stay shiny, I'm sure it took a lot of polishing to get it like that.
>>
File: Polodicks.png (17KB, 480x400px) Image search: [Google]
Polodicks.png
17KB, 480x400px
>>53891589
That is the progression of the average /pol/ack though. Most go from around here on this chart, to somewhere in purple, to middle authoritarian. I've never seen one go from central authoritarian back down to purple from any thread. It's a very simple to comprehend chain of beliefs.
>We need to preserve the current authority despite its flaws.
>The current authority is fucked.
>Lawlessness is bad.
>We need the correct authority.
Just because you didn't follow it doesn't mean it isn't a thing.
>>
>>53894999
its not hat specific one either, i couldn't give a shit about peoples opinions on DnD alignments or politics, all I hate with a seething passion is progression lists that loop to to directly contradicting the first progression.
ITS SO FUCKING SHIT
JUST STOP DOING IT
>>
>>53875275
It's funny how the tattoo seems to be the main difference between good tyson and evil tyson.
>>
File: 1433309235726.jpg (20KB, 543x383px) Image search: [Google]
1433309235726.jpg
20KB, 543x383px
>>53895110
>>53891589
>>53883090
>ARGGH IT'S SO SHIT
>WHY DOES THE LAST POINT CONTRADICT THE FIRST ONE
If you seriously think that's what this form is doing, you haven't been paying attention. The whole point of the thesis/antithesis/synthesis form is that the synthesis reconciles the first two ideas to form a third proposition that's different from both of the earlier contrasted positions. It doesn't "directly contradict the first progression," it accommodates it while acknowledging significant arguments against it.
Now go read a damn book, you've spent too much time online already.
>>
>>53895959
The Brand of Shadows is actually a sigil that binds the dark spirit inside of Tyson that fused with his own soul when he was a young boy. When Tyson could no longer channel the spirit's demonic rage into fighting spirit, he had the Brand tattooed to his face to help him suppress the darkness which lurks yet in his body, biding its time.
>>
I like lawful evil, i usually play really charismatic characters so i can manipulate things to the advantage of the group, even if i have to go under the nose of the snoody paladin in order to do it.
I also like being the voice temptation, sure we could rescue the damsel, but we could also sacrifice her and become a bunch of super cool half demons. wouldnt that be fun???
>>
>>53859877
Lawful Evil. It's my real life alignment, and the actual alignment of any democratic society.
>>
>>53896866
You need to be at least 18 to post here, kiddo
>>
>>53864880
This meme has no meaning anymore, due to dumb niggers like you misusing it.
>>
>>53870938
Elven is actually a Creole, not proper French in Wakfu.

Basically they were speaking Quebecois.
>>
>>53896497
>The whole point of the thesis/antithesis/synthesis form is that the synthesis reconciles the first two ideas to form a third proposition that's different from both of the earlier contrasted positions. It doesn't "directly contradict the first progression," it accommodates it while acknowledging significant arguments against it.
Point number two is labelled "realizing lawful good is the worst alignment"
point number three is labelled "realizing lawful good is the best alignment"
I don't care how reasonable the explanation for reaching those conclusions is, the form is fucking abysmal.
you just know that he thought he was being fucking witty or clever when he copied that overused piece of shit "enlightenment formula"
where he sacrifices his dignity for the goal of becoming "le ebin screencap" to be the shit smeared on the next alignment thread.
fuck that guy and everything he's ever done.
>>
>>53873369
>im a dapper hooligan
this is why I quit smoking
>>
File: why.gif (391KB, 141x119px) Image search: [Google]
why.gif
391KB, 141x119px
>>53873650
>>
>>53883090
This chart is kind of annoying because I'm willing to be structurally neutral or an ingredient rebel but not both at the same time.
>>
>>53894999
Maybe it's because I'm not a /pol/ack but I've gone from roughly (3,2) to (-8,-3)
>>
>>53873369
I hold it like an unassuming fellow, but am I automatically a scruffy hooligan in nature if it's marijauna?
>>
>>53881694
Marcus Aurelius was straight Lawful Neutral.

He believed in order for the sake of order.
>>
True Neutral.
It's good flexibility without being lulsorandomXD. I admit, I kind of like simple generic characters. Bob the Human Fighter. But there's something so satisfying about being the straight man in a group, the one who can reign in both the dickass thief and the zealous paladin types, while still claiming he's only in it for the loot. And since you're not sworn to some obscure notion of good/evil I feel like you can have more grounded long term goals.

Basically, I like old grizzled mercenary types.
>>
File: Archadian_Judges.jpg (212KB, 2000x1065px) Image search: [Google]
Archadian_Judges.jpg
212KB, 2000x1065px
>>53859877
Lawful Neutral because it brings pic related to my mind, probably the only good post-FFIX design
>>
>>53897051
>>53897051
>where he sacrifices his dignity for the goal of becoming "le ebin screencap" to be the shit smeared on the next alignment thread.
>writing provocatively is "sacrificing your dignity"
See, the thing you'll notice here is that you have a point: he got results. A lot of people liked what he wrote, and they repost it for that reason. Why do they like it? Because he wrote persuasively in a provocative and thought-provoking form. Why don't you like it? Because, apparently, you have a problem with arguments that seriously consider an antithesis. So why isn't anybody listening to you? Because they're all le epic memetards and you're the lone intellectual? No, it's because you don't know anything about thinking or writing.
Go read a book.
>>
>>53866730
I live in a seaside town. Trust me, they're cunts.
>>
>>53883090
Well, guess I'm a Chaotic Neutral Sandwhich. Neat.
>>
>>53896941
topkek
>>
>>53897378
>See, the thing you'll notice here is that you have a point: he got results. A lot of people liked what he wrote, and they repost it for that reason.
"a lot of people"?
that post got two replies in this thread other than me.
the image i posted which lists a POPTART as RADICAL SANDWICH ANARCHY got more genuine replies.
I know you love it for some reason (maybe trying to defend the fact that you posted it, or even made it) but you seem to be the only person here who gets some profound message out of that oversized snowclone-esque abomination.
no, it's not me who is the intellectual, it is just you who is profoundly retarded.
here you are, calling out others as pseudointellectuals, calling some shitty screencaped 4chan post "profound and thought provoking"
I can tell i was completely right about the type of person you are, seeing your equally overused "read a book" tagline ripped straight off the front page of reddit.
seeing as it never got a response the first time (because it's shit) you felt the need to post it a second time, like the kid who repeats his unfunny joke a second time a bit louder, thinking no one heard him, when in reality, it's just that no one cared.
>>
File: Reeee spectrum.jpg (83KB, 615x615px) Image search: [Google]
Reeee spectrum.jpg
83KB, 615x615px
>>53894999
Let us see where you land here, then...
>>
File: C-wyhyfXYAALcbz.jpg (192KB, 1200x825px) Image search: [Google]
C-wyhyfXYAALcbz.jpg
192KB, 1200x825px
RSA
>>
>>53898064
desu the most sensible looking one is probably the confederate. Then again I'm a southern raised boy.
>>
>>53898101
I hate them all, thanks.
>>
File: 1481579897652.jpg (40KB, 540x588px) Image search: [Google]
1481579897652.jpg
40KB, 540x588px
>>53894999
Purple shitposts as blue when red and green show up but still vote purple at the end of the day.
t. purple
>>
>>53859877
If you don't think crows are evil you've never been around these fucks. They attack absolutely everything for no reason. Their caw sounds like an old raspy lady screaming as she pops a hemorrhoid.
>>
>>53867109
This. Chaotic Neutral isn't the bastion of idiots everyone believes it is. It's actually very easy to slip out of it if the DM isn't shit.
>>
>>53859877
Lawful Neutral
I admire characters that follow a code or a set of rules over inconsistent arbitrary judgement
>>
>>53862490
Izzet
>>
>>53873369
switch unassuming fellow and dapper hooligan
>>
>>53859877
How the fuck do we as a species allow the shitehawk, aka the herring gull to exist?
>>
File: 1.gif (1MB, 142x115px) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
1MB, 142x115px
>>53859877
Chaotic Neutral a best.
>>
File: alignmentchart.png (699KB, 2250x1728px) Image search: [Google]
alignmentchart.png
699KB, 2250x1728px
>>
>>53883380
>someone on the verge of death from dehydration
>having the cognitive capacity or physical ability to even drink a bottle of water
>implying a bottle of water will save someone actively dying of dehydration
>>
>>53898226
"the government shouldn't interfere with people doing things unless they are things i don't like"
is fucking meme tier.
>>
>>53899368
It's primarily borne of the shit-tier crooked-as-fuck lines in the sand drawn by the parties in my country. I agree with decriminalization of weed in principle but I'll vote for the party that wants to throw weed smokers in jail over the party that wants to throw gun owners in jail any day of the week.
>>
>>53899459
>over the party that wants to throw gun owners in jail any day of the week
>implying that this has ever been a thing on the democrat agenda

Fringe elements do not the party position make.
>>
>>53898033
I didn't post it, and I don't like it, either. But you pointed out yourself that people repost it in alignment threads, which means that it's more likely than not that more than one person posts it.
I didn't call the post "profound," because it's not. I specifically called the form "thought-provoking" because it is: the whole point of it is to say, "look, here are two different ways to think about this thing, and here's what I think about this thing." It's a mode of discussion based on multiple lines of thought. There's no conspiracy here to force you to see this. I'm just explaining how it appeals to people, if it has appealed to people (which I, maybe wrongly, assume).
>>
>>53859877
lawful evil, because it's the realest form of evil.
>>
>>53899514
1. I'm not American.
2. Just formulating the positions in a parallel manner. Until leftist parties start actually supporting gun rights instead of looking for "common sense regulation" and "compromise", i.e. infringement, I'm not willing to cooperate with them.
>>
>>53899459
liberals generally want to restrict guns. not gun owners. gun owners get shot more than most people.

a huge number of men kill themselves with guns in the united states. if it is harder to get a gun there is a higher likelihood that you will actually seek help instead of ending your life.
>>
>>53899575
No. They'll just switch to alternatives like hanging, jumping off tall buildings, overdose, and the like.
Gun control is just brought up as an excuse for people to not actually do anything about the ACTUAL problem
>>
>>53899575
Gun owners only "get shot" more than most people because you have to own a gun to shoot yourself with one, and suicide is a natural right so fuck off with your nanny-state "it's for your own good" bullshit.
>>
>>53859877
>Alignment.

A kludge Gygax threw together in 1978, because Law/Neutrality/Chaos wasn't giving him enough factions. And we've been treating it as the only way to track player/NPC morality ever since.

Why?
>>
>>53871041
Quality!
>>
>>53899610
gun ownership rates are directly linked to suicide rates in the united states. most suicide attempts are done as an impulsive act and if the suicidal individual has to go through multiple steps to kill themselves they will more often change their mind.

90% of people who attempt suicide and survive NEVER attempt again.

there are a lot of murders in the united states. and people often sight self defense as an important reasons to own a firearm. but the reality is that there are twice as many suicides in this country as there are murders. if a teenager commits suicide in the united states there is a 75% chance that their parents own a firearm. states with higher fire arm ownership see almost twice as many suicides overall.
>>
>>53899575
>being this wrong

Please don't talk about things you know nothing about.

Side note: all fire arm restriction is unconstitutional.

>>53899610
This. America's real problems are education and healthcare. That includes mental health. In this country people take the easy route and just ignore people who need that kind of help, and the places that help them are almost invariably horrifyingly underfunded
>>
>>53899610
>No. They'll just switch to alternatives like hanging, jumping off tall buildings, overdose, and the like.
Well, hang on a sec there, are you sure about that? People are actually a lot less likely to attempt again if they survive -- which they're much less likely to do if they have access to a firearm.
>>53899635
>suicide is a natural right
I'm not really sure I can agree with a system of morals that claims this. And, I mean, most people who are about to kill themselves are not of sound mind -- would you argue that someone who is insane ought to have unrestricted access to all the natural rights that a sane person has?
>>
>>53899635
"i don't care if sad people kill themselves"

so, chaotic neutral?
>>
File: WORLDWARCROW.png (180KB, 862x911px) Image search: [Google]
WORLDWARCROW.png
180KB, 862x911px
>>53898367
>>
>>53859877
>ctrl+f
>Lawful: 48
>Chaotic: 48
>Good: 107
>Evil: 89
>True: 11
>Neutral: 70
>>
>>53899777
>would you argue that someone who is insane ought to have unrestricted access to all the natural rights that a sane person has?
No shit? Does being insane make someone less of a person to you? The only case where I'd agree an insane individual be stripped of their rights is if the nature of their particular imbalance cross-referenced with their personal history shows an outsized risk of definite harm to others through the abuse of those specific rights.
>>
>>53899769
>America's real problems are education and healthcare.
Someone should tell the republicans that, because they keep doing their damnedest to cut funding on that front.
>>
>>53899835
so in that situation you want to take peoples guns away
>>
>>53859877
Chaotic Good.
I love playing characters where I get to "do what's right" just so I can get drawn into moral conflicts and such. Plus, I like to obey the law as best I can with the flexibility of breaking it for roleplay purposes.
>>
>>53867679
>>53867713
>>53867790

Where is jet jaguar u fuck
>>
>>53899835
But that "harm to others" thing is a very, very hairy question, isn't it? Is a parent allowed to kill themselves if their child still depends on them? I don't think so, because they'd be harming the child. Can somebody kill themselves if a colleague has to pick up their slack at work? What if their coworker comes to a greater risk of harm as a result of that? Just like a parent killing themselves in spite of a child to support, people killing themselves harms the social fabric that's supposed to bind civilizations together in the first place. No man is an island.
>>
File: nopoint.png (669KB, 580x610px) Image search: [Google]
nopoint.png
669KB, 580x610px
>>53899911
Anon, you're arguing high-minded sociological concepts to a Republican.

Give up.
>>
>>53899784
A small proportion of sad people killing themselves and ending their misery is no reason to hamstring the entire citizenry's ability to defend life, limb, and property as well as against enemies foreign and domestic, yes.

>>53899851
If it can be shown beyond reasonable doubt that you are going to attack someone if given access to a firearm then, yes, you should probably be institutionalized and your guns held until you are of sound enough mind to handle them without victimizing someone. If it doesn't warrant keeping you physically away from specific people or the public at large then it doesn't warrant grabbing the fucking guns and leaving them at home so you can brew TATP in your kitchen instead.

>>53899911
>Is a parent allowed to kill themselves if their child still depends on them?
Yes.
>Can somebody kill themselves if a colleague has to pick up their slack at work?
Yes.
>What if their coworker comes to a greater risk of harm as a result of that?
Yes.
I'm not going to try and define harm because then I'll just have to deal with more nitpicking but suffice to say none of those I consider harm for the purposes of this discussion.
>>
File: 1424722886275.gif (2MB, 312x250px) Image search: [Google]
1424722886275.gif
2MB, 312x250px
>>53899971
>high-minded sociological concepts
Right, right, like how steaks should be banned because babies can't chew them, right?
>>
>>53900023
Not just steaks, anything meat or vegetable.
>>
>>53899987
I know you don't want to, but "harm" is the lynchpin of your argument, so I can't let you go without needling the point at least a little bit. How can you say that the child of the suicidal parent doesn't come to harm by losing the person they're dependent on?
>>
File: Buddha (smug).jpg (14KB, 236x353px) Image search: [Google]
Buddha (smug).jpg
14KB, 236x353px
>>53899971
>"Aren't those right-wing americans so stupid?" asked the left-wing american.
>"It must be because they're right wing."
>>
>>53899777
I don't see how your post is in any way a rebuttal to my own, since you're just pointing out that more people would die which actually reinforces my point >>53899736
presented your argument in a way better, albeit still not very good way since it fails to address the core of the issue. I mean, yeah, less people would die, but a decent mental health system would do the same thing without restricting people's freedoms
>>
>>53899987
>yes, you should probably be institutionalized and your guns held
well guess what there is a little something called the 2nd amendment faggot. first you want to take away my guns and next you're going to be quartering troops in my home. fuck yourself to death commie.
>>
>>53900074
Teeth should be banned since they're ageist
same with hair, speech, literacy and object permanence
>>
>>53900109
Your attempt at memetext is lessened by the fact that right-wing policies are objectively stupid, so yes right-wing americans are stupid for thinking they're good ideas.

There are deep red states that have literally had to cut the amount of school days in a week because there isn't enough funding for a full five days a week.
>>
>>53900093
It's not that I don't want to define "harm"; it's that trying to provide an intensional definition at the moment only opens up to nitpicking at the specific words used while refusing to draw context from any extensional definitions I could provide.
It's not that the child doesn't come to harm; it's that it's not inflicted by the act of suicide but rather a natural consequence of one person's right to end their own life taking precedence over their duty to provide for another.

>>53900156
Argue for the gun rights of non-violent felons first before you come and split hairs with me over literal violent intent, thanks.
>>
File: fuck this I'm outta here.gif (446KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
fuck this I'm outta here.gif
446KB, 500x350px
>>53900187
not him, but this is what I get for entering another thread on alignments
I'll probably fall for it again at some point but until then I'll see you guys later
>>
>>53859877
Neutral Good. You do the right thing on a situational basis, without having your mind clouded by either ideas of order always being necessary for well-being, or the law being a oppressive and tyrannical institution. There is some truth in both, but not in a commitment to either, imho.
>>
>>53900163
You're forgetting the sexism of sex and reproduction in general? Why should women be forced to bear children by rapist men? We should sterilize them all to make sure no woman ever gets pregnant again.
>>
>>53900238
if you want to choose to take the guns away from citizens of the united states you are a pussy and a nazi. are you going to create an agency to decide who can have guns? who is going to run this agency? who is going to decide who is fit to own guns? how do i know they won't come for me?

fuck yoruself commie.
>>
>>53900271
I'm imagining a parody of something in a sci fi setting that's just a footnote in a history book somehwere about a country/colony/whatever that went so retard that they caused their own collapse by banning like, all sorts of essential things, so basically evereyone was blind, hairles, limbless, deaf torsos with all sexual characteristics removed
>>
File: flowey eyebrows 1.gif (4KB, 127x133px) Image search: [Google]
flowey eyebrows 1.gif
4KB, 127x133px
>>53900187
American government(s) being incompetent? Well colour me surprised!
>>
>>53900187
Good thing I'm not right wing. All things weighed equal I'm probably left, for as much insight as simplifying things into a left–right spectrum can give you. It's just that there are sacrifices I have to make in trying to reach the kind of world I want to live in and idiots like you going "hurr [right/left] wing = [inbred retards/lazy millenials] so we must oppose them on EVERY issue" don't make my life any easier.

>>53900294
You know what, you've convinced me. Every child should be issued a rifle and a full combat load of ammunition at the age of five, which is also when they become fully fluent in their native language and can therefore provide sexual consent.
>>
>>53900156
>>53900294
I hate you anon. I hate you because I agree with you, but you are so incompetent at arguing that it sounds like you're a parody of your own opinions, purposely trying to sound as bad as possible so that the other guys look good. Please never debate online or IRL about these subjects if you don't know what arguments are effective and/or pertinent.
>>
>>53863922
>in reality every animal would be chaotic neutral
Social insects are L(N/E), depending on your perspective. They're relentless, caste-bound exploiters with no notion of the good outside of their own group.
>>
>>53899849
>education
To be fair, the results of education have remained steady over the past three or four decades, despite the ever-increasing amount of money being poured into the system. If more money made education work better, one would think that correlation would have made itself apparent by now. But it hasn't.
>>
>>53875275
Imagining Mike Tyson saying "lascivious" rn.
>>
>>53861167
Hi JJ, how's Starfinder coming?
>>
>>53880381
>Uncompromising [ideology]
Lawful X. As much as it pains me to say as a fan of the straight-laced Paladin, the character you described may be lawful good.
>Character acts towards very unselfish ends in the form of total equality (Good)
>Character sets a hard line for himself in the form of never taking any act that discourages or lessens a given ideal, no matter how impractical (lawful)
>>
>>53881708
>>53884066
And here you have discovered the most important factor about the alignment chart:
Characters of the same alignment can be different, and make moral choices that are significantly different, because they are different characters. This is why "what would X alignment do?" and "is Y act appropriate for my character if they are Z alignment?" questions are stupid.
>>
>>53900982
>This is why "what would X alignment do?" and "is Y act appropriate for my character if they are Z alignment?" questions are stupid.
But those questions are great, because their intended purpose is mainly to provoke answers that illustrate the fact that "Characters of the same alignment can be different, and make moral choices that are significantly different, because they are different characters."
>>
>>53883380
"Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing."

- John Stuart Mill
>>
>>53900294
As a communist anarchist, I gotta say I fully support gun rights. I mean, how else can I "off the pigs" or "arm the homeless"? With knives? A gun is just so much more efficient at killing cops, capitalists, fascists, bankers, CEOs, prison guards, gentrifying yuppies, jackbooted thugs, repo men, human traffickers, politicians, and priests.
>>
>>53901621
>human traffickers, politicians, and priests
Why did you say the same thing three times?
>>
File: 1493843156926.png (901KB, 1008x672px) Image search: [Google]
1493843156926.png
901KB, 1008x672px
>>53901652
>>
File: tumblr_oocu6lN6Qx1ugt2xio1_500.jpg (72KB, 480x738px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oocu6lN6Qx1ugt2xio1_500.jpg
72KB, 480x738px
>>53901652
pfff
Thread posts: 255
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.