[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the weirdest wizard/warlock/sorcerer shit you've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: med.png (148KB, 451x304px) Image search: [Google]
med.png
148KB, 451x304px
What is the weirdest wizard/warlock/sorcerer shit you've had happen in a game?
>>
>>53859705
I had an all-wizard party in 5e discover exactly how to Blue Magic: the spell Counterspell can cancel the spell Counterspell, and can be used in response to someone casting Counterspell.
>>
>>53859705
I once played with someone who didn't want to play a wizard.
>>
I once played a very old man trapped for a curse into a young body: he HATES youghful people and everything isn't aged as he was.
Personal quest: found a way to undo the curse
>>
I once played with a guy who played a Wizard at Law (basically a lawyer wizard) in a series of one shots, who was the greasiest son of a bitch in the world and would frequently try to abandon the party at the very last moment he could. It was hilarious.
>>
Found this ages ago on /tg/. Saved it as a text, rather than a screencap, for some reason.

>Epic level campaign. I'm playing a beguiler. Party is on a ship. Enemy ships arrive on the horizon. Before we can engage them in battle, a huge insectoid creature (several hundred yards long) flies in above them. My beguiler is asleep below deck. The party throws shit at the insect creature, which apparently was summoned by someone on board the enemy fleet. Several rounds later, a shiphand finally comes below and wakes me up. My male beguiler wanders up in panties and a transparent nightgown, rubs his eyes, looks at it, casts final rebuke (I rolled a natural 20... its saving throw roll was a natural one... only way I could've succeeded). Creature falls dead from the sky and crushes the enemy fleet. Without a word I walk back below deck, slam the door, and go back to bed.
>>
File: 1462375008302.jpg (100KB, 941x848px) Image search: [Google]
1462375008302.jpg
100KB, 941x848px
>>53859705
Had a player who used ink to draw monsters into life, basically summoning but he could also modify the monsters. For example, he could draw a ten-legged ice lizard. The ink he used was magically prepared so that it could stick to any surface, like grass, trees or rocks, making it useful outdoors and inside as well.
>>
>>53859759
My current party has a Great Old One warlock (me) and an Abjurer Wizard (buddy). We've both got Counterspell and focus on locking down and negating enemy advantages so the thief and barbarian can make a mess. I often joke that my buddy is playing a Mother-May-I deck.
>>
>>53859705
You guys ever heard of Dementia Casters? Concept from Magic: The Gathering many years ago. Psychologically unstable wizards summoning physical manifestations of their own nightmares to fight their foes.

I did that in 3.5 using the Psionics rules. Astral Construct. Just kept 'summoning' more and more twisted nightmares. At level 18, the most powerful thing I could summon? Looked just like my character's father. Booze bottle, branding iron, and all.
>>
Played a GreatOldOne warlock in Adventure League, who was a human noble with retainers & a guard hound. He wore a pointed grey Klanhood with long ribbons of cloth in the front so that he looked like an illithid, but still in noble clothes. He was shit in combat, almost always missing when spamming EB. But he was a devious fucker & would use telepathy to mess with enemies, like one time I convinced a cave full of goblins to murder their leader, pretending to be my god talking to them, then told them an "emissary" of my god would be coming to bless them for their service. I then strolled in & traced a rune on one of their numbers forehead & told the, how to properly worship my god, then me & my party left. I was really good at social stuff, sometimes using disguise self to impersonate guards etc.

The funny thing was, that even though I was LE I was also the voice of reason in the party. In our first session there was a lot of us all strangers IRL, ranging from LG paladins & NG fighters, most everyone was some flavor of Good. But after I tricked the goblins & we were rescuing a dwarf merchant I tried to negotiate favors. The feel like this was the first time the rest of the party had ever experienced morally grey actions, because holy fuck did they go from really standard generic protagonists into murder hobo territory. Threatening to torture/kill/abandon the dwarf if he didn't give us loot (the Life cleric, was actually the most bloodthirsty). I had to convince them not to, & to actually help the dwarf guy out. If the game had gone any further than Pandelver I might have ended up switching my alignment
>>
>>53859705
Once had a group go full Final Fantasy
>Red Mage
>White Mage
>Black Mage
>Green Mage
>Blue Mage
>>
File: Unlimited Power.jpg (45KB, 620x470px)
Unlimited Power.jpg
45KB, 620x470px
>>53862970
>So you've defeated my Mind Flayer and Chromatic Dragons?
>Then witness my most powerful summon!
>>
>>53863456
Someone stat Jack Baker pls.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.