[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Returners ZODIAC Super Console Which is the best FINAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1-sara_and_light-a3.jpg (78KB, 750x558px) Image search: [Google]
1-sara_and_light-a3.jpg
78KB, 750x558px
Returners
ZODIAC
Super Console

Which is the best FINAL FANTASY game and why?
>>
Bumping whit a list of more ff like games:

8 bit dungeon
Retrophaze
ffrpg 4th edition
>>
>>53843444
Super Console.
It actually considers playability at the table, rather than trying to closely copy mechanics that are not meant to be calculated manually.
>>
>>53847312
What was your experience with other final fantasy games? is there a better one?
>>
>>53843444
FFRPG 4th Edition.
It actually considers playability at the table, rather than trying to closely copy mechanics that are not meant to be calculated manually.
>>
>>53843444
Anima: Beyond Fantasy
It does both kinds of summons(VI or X style), "Monks" can suplex trains, you can make limit breaks/overdrives/trance, same goes for magic.
>>
>>53850161
As crazy as it sounds, there's a PF conversion just called Final Fantasy d20 that's actually quite good. It takes the pieces available from normal Pathfinder, and rearranges them in a way that's more tightly focused on balancing the classes. Druids get split between Beastmasters and Geomancers, Wizard gets its kit split into about 4 or 5 different mages, and most of the big problem spells have been moved out of the system. All the lower tier classes get some buffs, and most classes have more options other than full attacking during fights. It's still being updated, too. I found this system maybe two days ago, and the devs just added Samurai as a base class. One that's based on the FFXIV version. The one that launched yesterday. That said, the internal SRD seems to be the only way to be caught up on the material, since the pdfs don't always reflect the changes in the classes.

There are some hiccups, though. The Knight and Gambler classes looked kind of lackluster in comparison to a lot of the other classes, and feats tend to be really boring and not very good. Still, it's kept my attention far more than any of the other systems I've read on replicating FF, which is certainly impressive for a d20 game.
>>
>>53851006
I did a 3.5 FF homebrew back in the day. It was actually much better balanced than core 3.5 for the same reasons. It still sucked, but it had the unintended side effect of keeping my players focused on dealing damage in 3.5 games, which made the system last longer for us.
>>
>>53847312
>It actually considers playability at the table, rather than trying to closely copy mechanics that are not meant to be calculated manually.
Oh wow, that is exactly what I hate about all the FF RPGs I've played. Gonna check this out, thanks!
>>
>>53847312
It calculates damage and skills resolution kinda of weird
>>
>>53850552
Anima is good if you dont care about the crunch
>>
>>53851006
D20 kinda scares me off rn
>>
Strike! or 4e for the FFT experience are pretty good imo... unless grinding out broken combos and being obsoleted by important NPCs with unique classes is important to you.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.