[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your favorite podcasts and why /tg/? I like Role Playing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1496874311300.jpg (34KB, 566x212px) Image search: [Google]
1496874311300.jpg
34KB, 566x212px
What are your favorite podcasts and why /tg/? I like Role Playing Public Radio, they have a lot of good stuff from the past several years. But I want to branch out into something new, and actual play podcast that is comfy but without autism. Scifi or fantasy, doesn't matter.
>>
>>53843423
like, /tg/ related? or just, in general? I listen to like 40 podcasts, but only like 4 or 5 are /tg/ related

I just like RPGs mainly (though I am interested into getting into 40k, I just don't know where to start), but the only roleplaying podcast that's really stuck to me is Monster in my Podcast, they go through, I think, the AD&D2e Monster Manual, monster by monster, 2 or 3 times a week. Short episodes, 5-10 mins each, they often sidetrack if the monster is really shitty.

I liked Critical Hit for a long while, but they subbed some people out around episode 300 and the people they got in were really boring and also had terrible audio quality. I really liked the Yogscast's old podcasts where they play D&D, but that was more the jokes than the game - that said, they started doing it again with a new DM and some new players and it's really great, though they aren't podcasts, just a video series.

I've also tried the Achievement Hunter one Heroes & Halfwits, I liked the cast but it just didn't grab me, also they swapped out players every week which was weird.

As far as general fantasy goes, I really love the Radio Westeros podcasts, where they look at individual characters and plotlines from the ASoIaF novels.

I would love to find a quality game of Cyberpunk 2020 out there, but it seems to have nothing
>>
>>53845534

I meant just /tg/, though now that I think about it I might listen to a Batman podcast too.

Thanks for your list, always good to have something new to try.
>>
At a glance, here's my list in order of 'most recently updated'

Roundtable Live
Giant Bombcast
GM Word of the Week
The Allusionist
Dragon Talk
Paranormal Podcast w/ Jim Harold (lol)
Song Exploder
Myths and Legends (Jason Weiser)
99% Invisible
Twenty Thousand Hertz
Super Best Friendcast
LORE
Hello From The Magic Tavern
My Brother My Brother and Me
The Lightforge
CoolGames Inc
Bad Publicity
Install from Heap
Dan Carlin's Hardcore History
>>
Has anyone listened to Godsfall? I had it recommended to me but haven't checked it out yet.
>>
>>53845534
Only a few episodes in, and not a technical podcast, but so far this Cyberpunk 2020 game is pretty good, cast is entertaining and the mic quality is actually good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nU7Ihi_wDs
Please tell me it doesn't go to shit halfway though the series like Roleplay did.
>>
Tg related
Critical Hit. Long running 4e D&D campaign
Live from Barsaive. Husband and wife team talk about Earthdawn
Grognard Files. British guys wax nostalgic about gaming back in the day
Archology Podcast. Shadowrun actual play and chat
Neo-anarchist podcast. In character history of the Shadowrun world
Munchkinland. Card and board games from the critical hit team

Not tg, fictìon, comedy and drama
Escape pod
Starship sofa
Clarke's world magazine
Lightspeed magazine. Weekly short science fiction stories
Decoder ring theatre. Noir mysteries with Black Jack Justice and glorious pulp adventures with the Red Panda
Thrilling Adventure Hour. America's favourite new time old school radio show

Other stuff
Mark Kermode and Simon Mayo film show. Weekly film reviews and wittering
Infinite Monkey Cage. Science stuff
Major Spoilers. Comic and pop culture news reviews and chat
The Allusionist. Improve your word power
>>
the third wheel is the best actual play podcast there is

>original systems worked in by the DM
>subtle metacommentary on tabletop
>smooth RP never gets bogged down by crunch, but the mechanics are made clear to the audience in a concise way
>fucking hilarious but serious moments are played earnestly
>compelling & well-acted characters
>excellent art and editing
>frequently tries out small systems like ryuutama, golden sky stories, upwind, SPELL and more
>keeps their main game running and it never gets stale with all kinds of different arcs
>memorable and likeable NPCs
>voices I could listen to forever
>>
>>53843423
>Role Playing Public Radio
My man. This is one of the few ones I can actually listen to, the people come across as people and none of them have awful speaking voices.
>>
>>53843423
I stopped listening to most podcasts when I got a job at my local prison which doesn't allow you to bring in your cell phone.

But every other wednesday my friends and I do a podcast for the local gaming stores to let people know upcoming events and just talk about general /tg/ stuff.
>>
File: 1497675791173.jpg (42KB, 553x579px) Image search: [Google]
1497675791173.jpg
42KB, 553x579px
>>53848938
>Critical Hit.
Get out. Mercer is a shit DM and you're a faggot for supporting him.
>>
>>53851969
link friend
>>
>>53852033
https://ecw.podbean.com/
We are also on Itunes as Emerald Coast Wargaming

Be aware that I'm a fucking super noob when it comes to audio and what not and until the episode "Hot Topic Lips" the quality ranges from dreadful to mediocre. Just be aware.
>>
>>53852021
Critical Hit and Critical Roll aren't the same thing you fucking goon
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RAY8Y1Qcw8
>>
>>53851591
Link, friend?
>>
Ludology is fun if you're into board games and board game design theory. If you aren't it'll probably be unbearably aspie.
>>
I tend to listen to Limited Resources for tips on Limited MtG and to hear Marshall's dulcet tones, and Drive to Work to hear MaRo's take on stuff behind the scenes of Magic.

I've tried to find Critical Role as a podcast, rather than a collection of YT videos (or god forbid, Geek and Shittery), but they haven't had the presence of mind to present that option yet, but I suppose it still counts.
For all the complaints of "muh casuls" and "muh nat1/nat20's", it's actually much better than several groups I've been in, especially with memeing randos.

I listened to Drunks and Dragons for a while, but it got really samey and shite after most of the party had been rotated out, and even before that, "SLYYYYYYYYYY FLOUUUUUURISH!" grated on me.

I also tried listening to Thrilling Intent after having people gush about it, but it was three awkward nerds sitting around being unfunny.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.