[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /tg/, let's go on an adventure! I even have a party

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1495607186596.jpg (23KB, 569x525px) Image search: [Google]
1495607186596.jpg
23KB, 569x525px
Hey, /tg/, let's go on an adventure! I even have a party all rolled up!
>Vestivus, the human bard. She's fresh faced and eager to learn of the world, but unsure of herself in a fight
>age: 22
>level: 1st

>Gilnfro, the dwarven fighter. he's a grizzled, battle hardened warrior who doesn't suffer fools well and drinks constantly. He's been fighting for millenia, and has fought in battles which raged for days
>age: 538

>Thilmautor, the elven warlock. A powerful magic user, she has seen many ages come and go, like the rolling tide upon a beach. A seasoned adventurer, she has seen horrors that would make the bravest of human men cry to think of facing them
>age: 1,205

>Elmjoy, the halfling rogue. He spends most of his time drinking, eating, and laying around his hobbit home, but occassionally likes to steal apples from Mrs. MacGregor (the scamp)!
>age: 48

My plan for the campaign is for them to all go to fight some goblins (an equal threat to all of them, to be sure), maybe face an ogre oe something, and maybe they'll ALL even gain their 2nd level! Who knows! Man, it sure is exciting dealing with novice, completely untrained adventurers!
>>
>>53828505
I roll to seduce the elf
>>
>>53828505
>Fighting for millennia
>Not even a thousand years old
>>
File: jinrui_fairy.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
jinrui_fairy.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
>>53828505
There is literally nothing wrong with this.
>>
>>53828505
Why can't you just say "my players don't know how to write backstories that reflect their level" and not be passive aggressive about it.
>>
>>53828659
Those are Dwarf years, which are 10 times as long as not-Earth years.
>>
>>53828685
>>53828700
Maybe because it's immersion breaking for the centuries ancient elf and dwarf to be on the same level as the human and halfling that have essentially spent first couple of decades playing woth themselves? Even ignoring the specific backstories, the that elves and dwarfs (and to a lesser degree halflings) all start at the same level is kind of ridiculous. Are all elves just maxi-tards? How fucking long does it take them to learn to use a bow? It's ridiculous
>>
>>53828505
>novice, completely untrained adventurers
I'd just like to unleash my autism on this one since no one else has picked it up yet.

1st level is NOT novice and completely untrained. Most humans, even the ones in dangerous and adventurous situations, are either 0-level 1d6 HD dudes or level 1 NPC classes, depending on the edition.

A first level fighter is already a veteran.
>>
>>53828505
No thanks, I don't play from level 1.
>>
>>53832163
How much experience does it take to get to level 1?
>>
File: killer_gm.jpg (85KB, 800x403px) Image search: [Google]
killer_gm.jpg
85KB, 800x403px
>>53828505
Sure! Oops, random encounter time!

You are ambushed by four feral housecats! Since nobody detected them, they get a free round of attacks on your flatfooted characters.

(One round later)

Sorry Thilmautor, guess you'll just have to roll up a new character...
>>
>>53832630
Yes but I happen to have a bag of mice nearby that they should have gone for instead.

Why do I have mice? Well, I mean, they were only 1 cp and I still had a bunch left over after buying my gear so I just figured..
>>
File: esskiltonsisk.jpg (137KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
esskiltonsisk.jpg
137KB, 900x600px
>>53832630
Alright then, level appropriate encounter time! You are strolling through the woods, when you spy a lizard sitting on a rock. Roll for initiative!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.