[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/ Space Kitty!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 343
Thread images: 69

File: Nexu.jpg (444KB, 1094x580px) Image search: [Google]
Nexu.jpg
444KB, 1094x580px
Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>http://www.mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign
>>
>>53827084
So due to some incidents I had while moving, it looks like portions of my X-wing collection seem to be gone forever- specifically the models for my Gozanti and my 2 IG-2000's.

Is there any way to get just the models for them? I don't really want to buy a full expansion.

I'm still hoping I find them, as their custom paint jobs took forever.
>>
Alright, so I just caught up with Disciples of Harmony last thread - and it has some great mechanics in the back about Alternate Force Traditions - basically if you have a teacher from another sort of discipline you can have different benefits than the default -5 cost on basic force powers which can be cool and unique, but also often have drawbacks related to their flavor, such as additional conflict in certain situations - which can be bought off if you leave the tutelage of that master.

So my immediate thought was that we should homebrew some of these up. Surely /swg/ has some favorite force traditions which could get some love in F&D.

My first thought is on the Jensaraai. I'm thinking discounts on certain upgrades for Manipulate (because if can enhance Mechanics checks for sweet crafting), Enhance and maybe Imbue, and also always treats Armorer as a career spec, but not sure on the Disadvantage, maybe 1 Conflict for working with a Jedi or something?
>>
File: 3ZyAiEQE.jpg (138KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
3ZyAiEQE.jpg
138KB, 1440x810px
>>
So what will Armada Wave VII look like?
>>
>>53828669

AWACS Gozantis and Dornean Gunships.
>>
>>53828684
>>53828669

MC-75 is a way more accurate prediction BTW
>>
>>53828669

I dunno. >>53828902 is probably right about the MC75, even though what the Rebels need is another medium and not a large.

Likewise the Empire needs another large. This could take the form of the Tector, Allegiance, or Secutor. They could also use another small to tie up the number of ships per faction.

Anybody think there'll be a new Armada core set for Ep.8 with FO and Resistance?
>>
>>53829874

>Anybody think there'll be a new Armada core set for Ep.8 with FO and Resistance?

Depends on if they get a lot of action on screen. The Finalizer has the problem that even with scale fudging it's like twice the size of an ISD - it'd be like an Epic for Armada. Though supposedly there are some nucanon ships for the Republic which are also that scale - could be a thing.

But yeah, basically they'll only get in if they offer some significant mechanical improvement I think - and they may not.

> even though what the Rebels need is another medium and not a large.

If what they really need is another medium ship, FFG didn't do Armada any favors giving the imps the Quasar Fire, but I guess as a niche it helps Imps. I have no idea what another appropriate ship in that size would be. MC40 light cruisers are about the same size as the MC30c, they just have a different role configuration. They have a wealth of large sizes there in as yet unused Moncal models.

Empire's sketchier. A lot of those big bruisers don't have a great visual identity and the scale's all over the place. With Victories, Arquitens and Peltas in I could see a Venator showing up with some retrofit action. Don't know much about Armada so I don't know if that could fill a niche.
>>
>>53830171
Venator for the Empire would be cool.
However it's niche would be Carrier and we just got the quasar so...
>>
>>53830171

So, pulling from the RPG as a potential example - since that material at least is approved by LFL somewhat recently, there are a few ships of various levels which might be good/cool in armada.

Both the CR92 and DP20 exist, as does the Marauder for Corvettes. The Lancer-class frigate is still out there, just perfect to say hi to all your fighters. Consular Class light cruisers have been published twice. Dreadnoughts and Neutron Stars also exist. The Ton Falk also hasn't been used but imperials just got a carrier.

Praetors and Assertors are way too fucking huge. But the Secutor is only like 30% larger than an ISD and they are canon. And FFG did put art of it in Stay on Target. But that's another carrier. A... fucking enormous carrier which could probably eat some smaller carriers.

And for rebels obviously the Dornean Gunships and MC75 have appeared in the canon recently. Along with U-Wings. Won't those and TIE Reapers be fun in Armada?
>>
>>53827835
ebay?
>>
Also when is Wave 11 for X-wing going to be out, the closest I can find is "June" but we're halfway through the month already
>>
>>53830335

Oh fuck no man they're still At the Printer. You'll be lucky if they have a limited release by Gencon.

The C-ROC came out this month.
>>
>>53830365
Ugh, the one ship I'm not planning on buying. Fuck scyks.

Well I guess I'll have to wait
>>
File: 1407539922622.jpg (128KB, 942x356px) Image search: [Google]
1407539922622.jpg
128KB, 942x356px
Is this accurate scalewise?
>>
File: 5e5735078fd7b9d5a8451c1087e446f5.jpg (206KB, 786x1017px) Image search: [Google]
5e5735078fd7b9d5a8451c1087e446f5.jpg
206KB, 786x1017px
First for the objectively correct faction choice.
>>
File: karate-farmer.jpg (64KB, 500x669px) Image search: [Google]
karate-farmer.jpg
64KB, 500x669px
>>53827884
Just got done peeling through it, there's some ok stuff in there, didn't think much of the careers. Little drab.
Though I did like that they've put the Jedi Trials in there as a bit of a guideline- thank fuck!

>Alternate Force Traditions
Matukai
Probably lots of enhance, maybe some healing/strain management stuff and beating motherfucking sith punks to a pulp with fists
>>
>>53830871
They're Swedish.

Well, that explains a lot of things I guess
>>
>>53830871
>Swedish flag
As a swede this confuses me
>>
>>53829874
Very few game mechanics are relient on base size, keeping the factions equivalent on them isn't necessary.

I expect the MC-75, definitely. Medium or large base, two offensive slots, some black dice, roughly equal front/side arcs would be my guess.

I think we'll see a Resurgent Class, possibly next wave but maybe not yet.

We'll never see a Tector except maybe as a title because it's pointless.

I do expect a new core set. It's been almost three years, there's definitely room for some rules tweaks and alternate paint jobs, and the current core set is really bad at getting people into the game.
>>
>>53831268
>Very few game mechanics are relient on base size, keeping the factions equivalent on them isn't necessary

While true, I feel like Rebs only having a choice AFmk2 or AFmk2 for their medium is a bit limiting. There's still design space there for something more focused than the generalist AFmk2.
>>
>>53830908
bork bork bork borkborkbork borkborkbork
>>
>>53831787
bork bork bork bork bork bork kill the wookies borkborkbork
>>
>>53831752
Sure, my point is it just shouldn't be done to maintain an arbitrary base size equilibrium.

Right now, the Rebels have the MC30c, then the Assault Frigate, then the Liberty. There's definitely room for more options in that point range.
>>
>>53830814
This isn't even remotely to-scale.
>>
>>53830908

Where did you think Vader's Fist went?
>>
>>53830814
Not even vaguely close.
I don't think there are any two ships there at accurate scale to each other at all
>>
Alright I need Ace Combat tier superweapons. Hit me with some ideas.
>>
File: Intesity-Intensifies.png (132KB, 196x300px) Image search: [Google]
Intesity-Intensifies.png
132KB, 196x300px
>>53827084
So with a couple podcasts calling that a Biggs nerf will happen upon release of wave 11, what else do you think will get nerfed, and how?

My guesses-

Mindlink-only works in pairs/becomes a 2-dot unique
Jumpmasters- Dial change or point cost increase
Advanced slam- Only allows actions on your bar
Sabine- Less damage, only works on your own bombs
TLT- Reads Attack (Target Lock)
Biggs- Either once per round or he just obstructs ships at range 1 of him

Maybe-
Mov system changed.

Also, on another topic, what's the best usage for Intensity? I'm only seeing it be useful on Jake, Poe, and TIE/SF and T-70's with Comm Relay.
>>
>>53835938

I really hope they nerf biggs so they can finally get off their fucking asses and buff X-Wings a little.
>>
>>53835938

Sabine won't be touched if Advanced SLAM is nerfed. It's one or the other.
Jumpmaster could have Astromech and/or Barrel roll moved to title.
Mindlink could read "You can't have more than 1 focus token."
TLT (AttacK: Target Lock) perfect
Biggs (Once per round) perfect.
>>
>>53835938
>Advanced slam- Only allows actions on your bar

So, ban Advanced SLAM then?
>>
>>53836745
It's not a ban- getting a TL for future rounds after SLAMing or a focus for defense is still useful. Am I the only one who sees miranda use homing missiles more often than bombs in their local meta?
>>
>>53837275

LRS costs zero points, just TL from across the map.
>>
>>53830892

Matukai
Reduce cost to purchase the Ebb/Flow, Enhance and Imbue basic Force Powers by 5 XP (to a minimum of 5).
Drawback (15 XP): Before Committing Force Dice to Ebb/Flow, Enhance or Imbue you must perform martial arts forms for 1 hour.

Seem fair? These force powers give them a good start on boosting their own actions, refreshing strain and helping others. When the Warrior book comes out they'll probably have a good power so might switch it then.

For the drawback, didn't want to be as brutal as Gand Findsmen, but did want to reflect their use of space yoga and stuff in exercises.
>>
>>53835938
Biggs nerf needs to happen or the Auzituck can possibly break the game.

Stuff that needs addressing.

>Biggs
Nerf into the ground, long time coming. Friendly ships at rage 1 count as obstructed when defending or something.
>Adv SLAM
Action bar only. Sabine is fine, but Adv SLAM bombs have made traditional aces nigh unplayable.
>TLT
Game warping, not fun, an all around shitty design. Cap it at 1 damage. Fuck it.
>R3-A2
Stresshogs are not fun or interactive. Add "if you are not stressed"
>Jumpmaster
Have to do a lot because there's multiple areas of concern. EPT off the scout, flat price increase across the board, remove salvaged astro slot, have punishing one swap crew for the astro.
>Protectorate
Concord Dawn is too good. Instead of adding evade, turn one blank to evade.
>Asajj/Latts
Hard to pin down what to fix. I think adding "if you are not stressed" to her ability and/or latts crew is sufficient.
>K4
Free target lock action

I think those are the biggest concerns at present.
>>
>>53837484
That has only disadvantages over the base mentor. Instead of 5xp cheaper on all base powers you're only giving it to them on 3 and there's an additional disadvantage besides.
>>
>>53837736
Oh duh, forgot everyone's favorite

>Mindlink
I don't think mindlink is actually that bad. It's the crazy good ships that make it so prevalent. Symptom not the disease, perhaps. 2 points would be ok, maybe "if you are not stressed" to the focus, maybe free focus action.
>>
Asking again, from last thread.

Does anyone have any star wars 1in grid maps stuff? Either for the old miniatures stuff or new impass map. Im looking for more than just the tiles that come in the packs.

If anyone has a 1in grip map stuff already, please share. Im looking for anything.
>>
>>53837736

You're just a big ol' wet blanket, aren't you?
>>
>>53837756

Alright, so also add the 5 XP discount on Control upgrades for Enhance.

Aim low, and adjust up my friends.
>>
Do you play with any house rules?

Asking for EotE, but any other game (X-Wing, Armada, etc) can chime in too.
>>
>>53838165
yes, lots of them, when I can get a game at least.
>>
>>53838165

Yeah, my own iteration on starship rules (including some stat fixes) and also I homebrew a lot of shit. Like I've added some weapons and ship mods and stuff.
>>
Disregard Biggs

Anyway I got a TIE/FO expansion and I have the TFA core.
I have a few questions

1. Is there anyway to make Epsilon Ace viable to make use of his PS12 ability?

2. I know Omega Leader works well with Vessery; is there any other suggestions as far as that pair up goes? I'm thinking about making a Omega Leader/Vessery/Omega Ace list

3. Is there any viable way to run three FO's at the same time, epic or otherwise?

Thanks
>>
File: macho_man_force_ghost.jpg (29KB, 500x241px) Image search: [Google]
macho_man_force_ghost.jpg
29KB, 500x241px
>>53838165
Only house rule i use with my group is that all actions have to be declared immediatley after initiative and before anything else is rolled. This means before you see how anything turns out you have to commit to an action.

Since combat rounds are like 6 seconds it doesnt allow players with later initiative to have 15 minutes to think about a 6 second window. It tones down the metagame reaction time.

Initially it slowed down combat a bit as people had to adjust, but ultimatly it sped up combat since you dont fuck about, you choose and commit. Rolling this way is super fast since it gives me more time to ready the combat round.
>>
>>53838488
Epsilon Ace really isn't that good- having a super high PS isn't that good, especially since it drops down to 4 after a little while, and he has no EPT. He has some gimmicks in lists involving Dormitz and Hyperwaves though.

Vessery+OL works by also having ships that are serious late game threats that leave target locks behind for the Colonel- this is OL, Vader, and things with FCS- Things with FCS that cost less than 40 are TIE/SF's, usually Quickdraw and Backdraft. Omega Ace doesn't pair well in there.

For your third question, Do you count TIE/SF's as TIE/FO's?

Either way, an Omega Squadron Pilot with Crack Shot and Weapons Guidance is a great mainstay. I run 5 as my go-to list, and you can run 3 and an ace. (TIE/SF/Phantom/Defender)

What expansions do you currently have?

Off topic, but I'm mad that Pulsed Ray Shielding isn't allowed on Empire- a Juke/Comm Relay/PRS Omega is 24 points and I could have had 3 of them and PRS Lockdown for a good fluffy list.
>>
>>53838660

I'm pretty sure the restriction on PRS is entirely just to prevent shenanigans with Juke/Relay/Regen TIEs.

The only reason why it's not Scum only is that that would restrict the Rebel HWK for no good reason.
>>
>>53838488
1. Targeting Synchronizer can be fun with her. Paint a target for ordnance, for example. Being an annoying PS12 dodger isn't awful for 17 points.

2. Omega Leader and Vessery will run in the 60 point range so you can splurge on a big hitter like Quickdraw or Whisper or take smaller stuff like Wampa and Pure Sabacc.

3. Omega Leader and Zeta Leader are good. There's an anon that runs 5 generics with crack shot and weapons guidance to some success.
>>
>>53838660
Uh I have quite a bit actually but I've only been playing six months. I'm actually quite lucky to have this much since usually I wouldn't be able to afford it (gift cards, straight up gifts + great sales are the causes)

Screencap from a previous thread is what I have plus the FO now
>>
Hey /swg/, I'm crafting a starter adventure for a new EoTE party, but I'm a little stuck when it comes to picking a good starting world for them to base themselves off. I'm thinking of something inner system, likely with a strong imperial presence, where they're gonna be able to branch out from there.

Any tips or advice would really come in handy.
>>
File: Animal_1ae984_1638725.jpg (320KB, 780x1357px) Image search: [Google]
Animal_1ae984_1638725.jpg
320KB, 780x1357px
Which star wars species has the biggest dick?

Which star wars species has the thickest dick?
>>
>>53838964

>six months
>all that

Me and my girlfriend have been playing a month
We have about as much as you, but also a Raider, Rebel Trans and CR90
The escalation has been fucking real, I dont know how to stop it
>>
>>53838964
So any of the aces are an option for you. Go pick your favorite

>>53839205
I need to get a Raider, but I also want Thug Droids for it.

Team that gives attack modification besides gunnery team when?
>>
>>53839815

Wait for the next Scum epic - bet you it's announced this year at least.
>>
>>53839205
>>53838964
I have no Idea what expansions I've gotten, as I traded and split up expansions a lot, but I've ended up with

1 Raider
1 Gozanti
1 Decimator
1 Firespray
1 Upsilon
1 Lambda
6 TIE/FO
6 TIE Fighter
4 TIE Interceptor
3 TIE Defender
3 TIE Striker
2 TIE SF
2 TIE Advanced
2 TIE Advanced Prototype
2 TIE Bomber
2 TIE Phantom
1 TIE Punisher
3 T-70 X-wings
1 YT-1300
1 YT-2400
2 IG-2000
2 Kihraxz

I've been playing for just under a year.

I think I'm done now. I play much more Empire than anything else, and aside from 2 more Kihraxz and 2 TIE Aggressors when they come out, I'm not sure what else I would get. It takes a while to repaint them to my fleet's paint scheme anyways.

Also, question for everyone- Is letting new players start out with Superdash a good idea? I know it's easy but I also know that it might form some bad habits,
>>
>>53839179
Why the hell does it matter when the setting has both robots and cybernetics?
>>
OH SHIT SURPRISE H-6 PREVIEW

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/6/16/cry-havoc/
>>
Just throwing an idea out there; would Armada benefit from a Ship Titles pack? How would that be marketed and priced, would it work, etc.
>>
>>53840667
It'd be part of another campaign box, like the new ace squadrons.
>>
>>53840541
>unlimited bomb works
I can't believe they've done this
>>
>>53840541

So, highlights.

Bomblet Generator IS a double bomb upgrade, and it gives you unlimited bombs for 3 points. But, they're reveal bombs and only do a max of two damage (but can crit).

Scum gets their own Sabine - Cad Bane is 2 pts and adds the Bomb Slot - but his ability is when rolling dice for bomb damage the opponent must reroll focuses once per round.

Minefield Mapper does what we want. After place forces, discard as many bombs as you like to place tokens beyond R3 of enemy ships. It is a ZERO POINT system slot. A great pick for Punishers if you're worried about getting bombs off.

Nym costs 30 points. As Scum his ability is to ignore friendly bomb tokens, and if an enemy fires through a friendly bomb the targeted ship gets a free evade. Rebel Nym's ability lets him prevent a friendly bomb token from detonating once per round. LET THOSE BOMBLETS AND PROTON BOMBS WAIT.

The PS6 sol sixxa can use turns for bombs instead of straights. 28 pts. And the PS1 is 24 points.
>>
File: swx65-minefield-mapper.png (126KB, 196x300px) Image search: [Google]
swx65-minefield-mapper.png
126KB, 196x300px
>>53840541

Holy shit I was right about everything we hadn't seen in the upgrade fan.

What would be the RaW ruling on how Minefield Mapper and Extra Munitions interact though?
I'm thinking you could spend the EM token to get the effect, but you couldn't then discard the Bomb to get a second template on the board.

But yeah, this maybe, Bomblet Dispensor definitely, Unguided Missiles on top of that, there's a LOT of cards that work on the Punisher this wave.
>>
>>53840776

Depends entirely on "when you equip this card" takes place. I think they should interact though. Keep in mind, that's 2 points for EM then your selection of bombs. Hence why MM is zero pts.
>>
>>53840541
I don't play X-Wing, but this sounds way cooler than the Scurrg is in Armada.
>>
>>53840763

I think Nym (either flavor) might actually make Genius worth taking as now you can either delay the detonation, or just straight up ignore the blast. So you could if you wanted do a K or T-Roll, drop a bomb afterwards and give like zero fucks.
Rebel Nym I think is going to have a very odd playstyle as you basically just keep a bomblet on the board waiting to go off.

I love it. EVERYBODY here get's a buff to their Bomb game, Rebels it could be argued didn't need one, but this does sort of bring imperials up to their levels.

Cad Bane + Minefield Mapper + Scavenger Crane gives a LOT of Scum Ships access to a bomb game they wouldn't normally have access to.

As for the Punisher, well, I'm not saying Deathrains back, because he was never her to begin with. But him with Mapper, EM and Bomblet Dropper is in no way the worst build in the world now.
>>
>>53840848

He's definitely the coolest ship in this wave. My only problem is that it's yet further buffs to the Rebel Bomb Game that's already their only main strategy and this is now just doubling down on it.
>>
>>53840903

I mean, between Unguided Rockets and Bomblet, Punishers are the premier unlimited munitions platform - they just need to leverage that.
>>
>>53840541
Am I the only one that thinks that this ship will be OP? 24 points for a Lambda statline and an amazing upgrade bar?

It's dial isn't terrible either, and it has turrets, torps, and missiles alongside an EPT?

This wave has been a dissapointment.

Rebels get a mini YV-666 with Reinforce, allowing the Rebel Cancer squad to reach its final form.

Scum gets Deadeye Scout 2.0- System and 3battack base edition

Empire gets a Y-wing with less HP and a better dial, and no elite generics- scum does get an accuracy-corrector TLT with barrel roll for 33 though.
>>
I know it's retarded, but I kinda want to run a bunch of generic punishers with MM and clusters for a silly bomb alpha
>>
>>53840994

I mean, you get a single barrel rolling TLT ship with 10 HP and 1 AGI for 1/3rd your list. It's good but probably doesn't beat just 4 TLT. And it costs 3 points more than an Omicron, m8. Just for an added barrel roll and some ordnance slots. And and the ability to turn around.

Also, ship upgrade bars really should not affect their cost anymore, even with 0 point upgrades. Consistently ships which appear to charge extra for their upgrades are considered overcosted (Hi, TIE Punishers) and it's a heavy bomber - it cries to be filled with costly upgrades.
>>
File: 1493587914469.jpg (144KB, 1024x725px) Image search: [Google]
1493587914469.jpg
144KB, 1024x725px
>>53840994
>Am I the only one that thinks that this ship will be OP? 24 points for a Lambda statline and an amazing upgrade bar?

At PS1. In a small ship, so you are going to be deathly afraid of tractor beams. And then you have to pay for those upgrades, making you much closer to 30. Nah, I think this ship will be fine overall. Both Nym's abilities are good, but they require you to spend points on bombs and a turret, and his abilites do nothing to buff his straight combat damage.

Everything in this pack is just making my TB Defender's mouth water.
>>
File: j1XgfNm.png (158KB, 300x299px) Image search: [Google]
j1XgfNm.png
158KB, 300x299px
>>53840541

Ladies and Gentlemen we have a dial.
>>
>>53840541
Im still curious about those cruise missiles
>>
>>53841131
Yeah they've learned their lesson from the other Scum ships. Biggest thing is no K-turn, just the T-rolls. One-banks aren't green. This ship is going to be pretty damn stiff. Looking forward to it though.
>>
>>53841003

3x Cutlass Squadrons with Double Clusters + EM + MM = Potentially 12 Cluster Bomb Tokens on the board. Starting with 6.

My idea? Cad Bane on the Adrasta with Azzameen, Scavenger Crane, Bomblet Dispensor, Cluster Bombs, Cluster Bombs. Partnered up with Nym with Bomblets, Genius a TLC and Acc Corrector.

Let's shit this playing area up. Let's see you mindlink your way past that Fenn Rau.

>But the Imperial Aces are now all cracked and broken!

>Sorry mom, the Meta has spoken!
>>
>>53841248

>HAHA YOU WANT RANGE 1? FIRST YOU MUST PASS MY TRIAL OF BOMBS
>>
I think synced turret will be fun on a BTL-A4 Y-Wing.
>>
Hey, anyone got a good star map for the galaxy? I'm looking to put up a detailed one on my roll20 campaign's map, but I can't find one that isn't clustered with nonsense.
>>
>>53841401
Yeah, I think people are underestimating those. I remember when BTL warthogs were everywhere in wave 6. This gives them a good damage option in place of ion for one less point. Combine with agromech so you really don't care about getting the TL.
>>
>>53841426

Yeah, the Agromech + BTL combo does take care of the major issue with them for Scum. Rebel Y's still are going to rely on TLT's tho
>>
>>53841476

Come to think of it, Rebel Y + R2-D6 + Deadeye + Sync Turret works. Although only once, so... put it on Horton?
>>
How is a Scurrg, an M3-A and the Most Wanted box to build scum lists from? Only playing casual here.
>>
>>53841401
I actually ran this last night and had surprising success with it. Dutch Vander with Synced turret, BTL, and R7-T1 alongside a Jess Pava with M9-G8 and a Target Synchronizer and Norra with some random shit. It's a fun way to double tap shit at close range like a budget Corran and still get a whole bunch of mods across the squad.
>>
>>53841591

Eh, I'd go for a Protectorate Starfighter over the M3-A. The best Scyk fighters are in the Epic Ship box.
>>
>>53841426
>>53841401

Honestly, I don't know if anyone thinks Sync is bad, it's just that even for 2 pts more TLT is better because of it's range and scratch potential.

If those points become important though, Synced Turret would take off. Blows Blaster turret the fuck out of the water.
>>
>>53841131
>>53841182

Looks like a brick - steers like a brick.
>>
>>53840541

What the fuck?

X-Wing is dead this thing is killing it.

>Miranda - TLT, Sabine, a fuckload of bombs
>Nym - VI, Genius, Bomblets, Engine
>I don't know, Rex. Do whatever the fuck you want this squad is cancer.

This pack is just oops all cancer. Deadeye scouts are back on the menu they're just called Scurrgs now. JumpMasters get bombs. Punisher bomb fortresses are going to be a terrible list that people force me not play X-Wing against over and over.
>>
>>53841827
>>53840994

HAHAHA, CRY SOME MORE. CRY FOR ME.
>>
File: 1490957251681.jpg (549KB, 910x746px) Image search: [Google]
1490957251681.jpg
549KB, 910x746px
>>53841827
It's like people don't know how to run a proper control list anymore. TBs, Stress, and Ion will all shit on any Miranda or Nym which didn't take Biggs to protect them. Hell, 4BZ would trounce that squad, it's got no ability to joust.

Also we don't actually know if the PS3 has an EPT or not. Jumps only get bombs if they give up their crew slot, and they only get one.

So yeah, I don't get the doomsaying some people are going after.

Also, I still maintain that people are really, really underestimating Lt. Kestal, and all of these cards help the Punisher out a fair deal as well.
>>
>>53841735
I can understand what they were thinking with it and I can see when it would be useful but I think in the current state of the game it's pretty bad. It's a good long-term weapon that rewards good flying with action efficient modification but right now everything is about big damage bursts and instant action stacking. Getting two or three free actions over three or four turns isn't great when compared to ships that can get two free actions a turn, every turn.
>>
>>53841942

>Also we don't actually know if the PS3 has an EPT or not.

No, we do, you can see it in the spread.

>Also, I still maintain that people are really, really underestimating Lt. Kestal, and all of these cards help the Punisher out a fair deal as well.

Oh, they most certainly are. Over the Wave XI previews I've come to the conclusion that like 99% of Imperial players/fans are just drunk on the dark side (Thanks Palp) and have all skipped to the >SUFFERING step.

Now they just need to wait for the TIE Reaper pack which will have their version of Sabine to add a bomb slot. Then Decimators with Bomblet Generator will be a thing!
>>
>>53842073
Assuming they're 26 points, deadeye and two concussion missiles runs their cost out (because they don't have two torp slots), which means they don't get turrets. Yeah that squad doesn't much scare me honestly.
>>
>>53842184

They have one torp slot though.
>>
File: Crashed LAAT.png (465KB, 408x423px) Image search: [Google]
Crashed LAAT.png
465KB, 408x423px
>>53827084
Anybody want/got good battle maps?
>>
>>53842222
Then they get one piece of munition, period. Because you don't get EM then. Which makes them pretty bad and the deadeye probably not worth taking.

No, I'm sure FFG paid attention to these guys and actually balanced them so they're not Jumpmaster 2.0.
>>
File: Extra_Munitions.png (129KB, 194x300px) Image search: [Google]
Extra_Munitions.png
129KB, 194x300px
>>53842307

>Because you don't get EM then.

Gonna have to run that by me again.

They can have EM and thus double up on missiles. You can equip deadeye or LRS. Deadeye+Conc+EM is 33 a pop if they are 26 points.

You are right that they can't do that with TLT though, assuming they are actually 26 pts brings them to 32 with TLT.
>>
>>53842399
>>53842222
>>53842184
>>53842073
>>53842307

So the PS3 with Deadeye, Guidance Chips, and a Conc missile, is 31. That means you have 2 points to either give them EM or an Autoblaster Turret. Swap one to a homing missile.

Or use Long Range Scanners or something.

Or use Mindlink

Or swap one to Fenn Rau.

This thing really looks like Deadeye Scouts 2.0.
>>
>>53842399
Sure, but then you don't get to take cheap plasmas, and are stuck taking the more expensive concussion, unless they only want one of them. That would free up points for a turret then.

One of the major problems with torp scouts wasn't even the torpedoes themselves, but having three PWTs with super mods shooting at you every round. These won't have any turret whatsoever, and are going to have a comparatively hard time turning around. Three dead eye missiles that have no mods beyond GC and the black to hit conversion is not going to shatter the meta.
>>
Well, since https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/ just updated, let's go through some absolutely nightmarish lists you can now build.

>Steehl Rain
https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!s!144:186,-1,-1,231,-1,237,-1:-1:17:;146:239,126,-1,231,-1,127,127:-1:17:;146:239,126,-1,231,-1,127,127:-1:17:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron&obs=

4 Cluster Mines on the board at the start, another 4 in the tanks and Deathrain flitting about with a Bomblet Dispensor. Everyone get's Unguided Rockets and Mk2 Ion Engines.
This is your Meta. And this is your Meta with Punishers in it.

>Cad Banes Flying Circus

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v4!s!118:-1,237,238,-1,215:22:-1:U.-1,U.127,U.127;253:170,135,126,-1,-1,127,127:53:-1:U.107,u.-1&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron&obs=

Yet more Bomb Cancer. Amon + Cad Bane makes your Bomblets and Clusters even more dangerous. Luckily the Bomblet is a Unique, so Nym doesn't get one as well. But HE'S packing an Accuracy Corrector and a TLT, so it's an entirely DIFFERENT flavour of Cancer he's got.

>Balanced Rebel Diet

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v4!s!254:170,135,-1,-1,-1,237,-1:53:-1:U.107,u.117;9:135,-1,-1,69:21:-1:;64:13:-1:25:;64:13:-1:25:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron&obs=

Stresshog, a pair of Conc-Hunters and Nym with AC + TLT + Bomblets + Genius and Adaptability for PS9 bullshit. I'm pretty sure you could get a triple TLT list and grind fuckers down instead, but this will work just as well and be actually fun to play.
>>
>>53842598
You realize you're never turning around if you take mindlink, right? The greens are horrible, you're only getting to turn around one a turn, while the others lumber forward away from the fight. Which they won't even get to fight in because ABT. You're never taking mindlink on this ship.

Two + Fenn sounds significantly better, but you still run into the mindlink problems with the H-9. It also means you have to take LRS and telegraph where you want your shots to go. Doesn't sound that much better, honestly.
>>
>>53842598

No because the JM2k has a ridiculously good dial. This thing does not. It really cannot be stressed how bananas good the U-Boats dial is. It's front arc only with it's primaries unlike the U-Boat and it's vulnerable to Tractor Beam repositioning unlike Uboats.
>>
>>53841942
>>53842073
That's another issue- Empire has very little control elements- For Stress, you have to get shot at (captive) or use Mara Jade. Imperial Access to Ion is almost exclusively Defenders, so if you need to pay 40 points minimum for a Predator Glaive.

Empire has mostly been the faction most vulnerable to control, as their lists have been focused on jousting with masses of ships and arc dodging.

Empire players are disappointed because this wave is loaded with buffs to the current, shitty
meta, and that meta is incredibly unfavorable to Empire.

>>53842653
Gotta get some Sabine+bomblet generator in there for extra cancer.
>>
>>53842736

Well, you have an Ion Turret workhorse for cheap now.
>>
>Standard Attanni Fenn
>Attanni Teroch no Autothrusters
>Scout - Attanni, Cad Bane, Plasmas, Clusters, EM, Unhinged

98 points

That seems pretty hot.
>>
>>53842746
>>53842736

With native BR.
>>
>>53842746
it's not really that good at it though- The PS 5 generic has no EPT why? And the PS 3 scum generic with 1 less missile slot, but an extra torp/crew/2 bombs gets an EPT?

The Aggressor is incredibly underwhelming, and 24 for a ps2 Ion Cannon Turret with 5 HP isn't sounding great in a land of 4 die accurate alphas at PS 3+.

The PS5 Aggressor needs an EPT. It's incredibly insulting since Double Edge has one.

That's akin to Ryad having an EPT but glaives not getting one.
>>
I realise it's just gonna get jousted off the board, but damn if this doesn't sound fun to me.

>Nym - Havoc, Genius, VI, Bomblet Generator, TLT, Engine Upgrade, Advanced Sensors

>Miranda - TLT, Sabine, Thermal Detonators, Cluster Mines, Homing Missiles, Extra Munitions, Advanced SLAM
>>
>>53842778

Because the X-Wing developers can't make Ruthlessness not exist?
>>
File: IMG_7607.png (217KB, 958x415px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7607.png
217KB, 958x415px
So I want to put the Bryar Pistol into my EotE game. How would I go about brewing one?
>>
>>53842881
Ruthlessness can trigger only once off of TLT. If that was an issue, None of the Aggressor pilots would have an EPT.

There is no good reason for the Onyx Squadron Escort to not have an EPT.

Really fucking annoying since the PS 3 Scurrrrrg has an EPT alongside its turret and missile slots- and it has a torp, 2 bombs, and a crew as well for extra cancer builds.
>>
>>
File: Zolghast Bunker.png (240KB, 353x259px) Image search: [Google]
Zolghast Bunker.png
240KB, 353x259px
>>53842240
I'm pulling the ones from Galaxy At War. Hopefully someone likes them.
>>
>>53844246
I wish Star Wars battlemaps weren't so hard to find.
>>
>>53843355
are you in my game
>>
>>53827084

Is there no Mega link for the books/beginner sets like there is for the FaD one? Getting everything off of free mediafire is tedious
>>
>>53845711
Yes, look through the big file in the PDF share thread.
>>
File: Back Door.png (164KB, 336x338px) Image search: [Google]
Back Door.png
164KB, 336x338px
>>53844968
I'll keep ripping them, just for you, mensch.

My group uses the Imperial Assault tiles a lot, and some of the Heroic Maps tiles.
>>
>>53845399
Probably not
>>
File: Ion Cannon Control Center.png (230KB, 407x409px) Image search: [Google]
Ion Cannon Control Center.png
230KB, 407x409px
>>53844968
>>
File: Rooftop Saboteurs.png (303KB, 357x380px) Image search: [Google]
Rooftop Saboteurs.png
303KB, 357x380px
>>53844968
"Saboteurs" is a weird looking word.
>>
File: GAT assault.png (278KB, 353x340px) Image search: [Google]
GAT assault.png
278KB, 353x340px
>>53844968
Got two more after this one.
>>
File: Overpass.png (262KB, 422x269px) Image search: [Google]
Overpass.png
262KB, 422x269px
>>53844968
VERTICALITY!
>>
File: No Escape.png (313KB, 353x378px) Image search: [Google]
No Escape.png
313KB, 353x378px
>>53844968
Last one from GaW
Hope you like them!
>>
So, is Wave XI the saltiest wave in X-Wing history, or was something worse in the wayback before I started buying little plastic spaceships?

Because damn, the tears.
>>
>>53848211

This has nothing on quad TLT spam at the start of wave 7. That upended the meta the greatest it ever has been, with the entire archtype of turret + ace being completely destroyed overnight. The calls of "ded game" and "overpowered" were far louder then than anything we've seen in the past year or so.

This is just Imp players getting pissed off that things designed during waves 5-7, when they were at the absolute top of the heap, aren't giving them any more blatantly overpowered toys.
>>
>>53842736
>Gotta get some Sabine+bomblet generator in there for extra cancer.

You lose the extra seat with the Havoc Title. So it's either Sabine + Bomblets or AC + TLT and Genius + Bomblets.
>>
>>53842753

You could toss in Scavenger Crane onto the Scout as well if you think you wont need the Initiative Bid.
>>
>>53848211
Maybe its because I only play casual but no salt here. None of this stuff is going to be used to the theoretical levels of optimisation in this thread.

I think the Scurrg and Aggressor both look cool, plan to buy one of each.
>>
>>53848542

It's worth pointing out that this is probably the least interesting wave we have had since the game began.

Don't get me wrong, there are good individual cards in...well okay maybe not Auzzituck but the Agressor is worth it for Unguided Rocket access, there's a few places those guys work well. But generally the only interesting ship here is the Havoc, and the problem is, what it brings to the table is "shitting up the table with bombs" and essentially doubles down on the Rebels only viable builds being : Sabine + Bombs on Ships packing a TLT.
It gives scum it's own version of Sabine in the form of Cad Bane which is nice, so Amon and the Adrasta could see a comeback thanks to Bomblets and whatnot.

But Imperials are basically dead with this wave. They get a TLT carrier that isn't really as good as the other factions and with the possibility of a board COMPLETELY shitted with mines their ace game is basically over. You can't dodge a mine.
>>
>>53843355
Honestly I'd just make it a heavy blaster pistol and call it a day. It didn't gain a charged quality until JO and in this humble anon's opinion it was one of that game's many unnecessary changes to the series.
If you really wanted maybe give it a special quality to spend advantage to increase the damage, or give it the accurate quality
>>
File: magicka vietnam.jpg (353KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
magicka vietnam.jpg
353KB, 1920x1080px
>>53831812
Sith Magicka when?
>>
>>53841248
Forgive me if I'm wrong but wouldn't that build lead to having 36 cluster mine tokens on the field at the start of the game

3 ships x (2x w/ EM (2x Cluster Mines (3 tokens per))
>>
>>53850514
hah, just looked that game up
>It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no senator's son, son

Not that I get to play video games any more as I am the house's dedicated child entertainment unit, but did see this and from appearances wise it really does look ok
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlxyhnuYwl4
>>
>>53851820

Yeah, it looks like they've fixed the worst parts about the last one.

We'll have to wait and see if it's any good.
>>
In terms of giving out experience to players in the FFG tabletop games, what is a decent rate to do so at?
>>
>>53853084

Just enough to stop them whining, not enough for them to get too powerful.
>>
>>53848970

>They get a TLT carrier that isn't really as good as the other factions

2.5 AGI and native BR and almost assuredly not a shit dial (though probably not an amazing one) is pretty good as far as cheap turret carriers go.
>>
>>53853553
25 for a LWF Aggressor with a dial that's comparable to an Unhinged Thug isn't much to be happy for.

LWF with a secondary weapon that is intended to shoot at range 3 isn't that valuable That 3 less HP is going to hurt compared to a Y-wing.

Barrel Rolling Y-wings with TLT also cost 26- well within reach, albeit not 4x spammable.

I'm still pissed off that the Onyx Escort has no EPT, yet Double-Edge does. Why the fuck did they do that? Was this pack written before the Flowchart was made?
>>
>>53853515
Admittedly, that's pretty vague in terms of numbers.
>>
>>53853740

Yeah.
It kinda depends on party and players more than anything, and I havent been able to find a perfect balance between those numbers yet either.

It also kinda depends on the length of game you're planning - my campaign here is quite short so Im going higher than I would if I was planning to be playing this for the next year or so.
>>
>>53853084
10-20xp per session says the rulebook, depending on the party / length of session
>>
File: 1492368101550.jpg (2MB, 1920x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1492368101550.jpg
2MB, 1920x1020px
>>53853679
Actually, yes, it probably was. I don't know why you're so angry. FFG generally does not let the EPT and turret slot mix, except on HWKs, Kavil, and I guess the attack shuttle. Funnily enough outside Palob nobody really runs those ships anyway. Now Imps get a cheap ship with a EPT, turret, and honestly a pretty damn good ability. Kestal is going to be scary for anyone with even moderate agility, and they're going to want to kill her fast. Use that to your advantage.

Also, what do you actually want to do with a PS5 generic turret carrier that makes you want the EPT?

>>53848970
You realize Imps are the ones that can actually shit up the board with mines though, right? Rebels don't have any good options for the scanner, and neither does Scum really. Sensor slots are rare for them. The Punisher on the other hand...

Rebels have also been doing well with things that aren't Sabine. Four ship Rebel has continued to be a staple around where I play and it does well.

I don't think Imps are dead by a long shot, but I'm the guy who got top 4 with RAC and Juno, so what do I know?
>>
>>53853084
Around 20xp every 4hours, maybe 15 if they dick around and don't get much done.
>>
>>53853992

In general, I characterize imperial players as salty for one of several reasons.

1( They're salty their crutch plays got nerfed, but the FAQ has not yet actually caught up to jumpmasters - though it did kill Dengaroo dead and adjust down Parattanni - and Scum seem to continue to be buffed (But scum never started with the top efficiency pick like a TIE Fighter)

2( They're salty the game is still trying to kill imperial aces, albeit a bit redundantly. Because high ATK/AGI ships with token and mod stacks laughing off conventional attack rolls was so fun for everybody else. Actually, that's all what Mindlink is about so maybe they can learn to appreciate irony.

3( They're salty because recent imperial ship releases (/SF and /AG especially, but a little bit the Striker) do not necessarily conform to the style and expectations they have for Imperials and their style of play in Imperials (you can even see this with the fact that Wave XI will overall help the TIE Punisher) but what they construe Rebel (Biggs/Regen/Bombs) and Scum (I dunno, usually they whine about scum OP and scumwing and all the shit scum can do they can't - it's almost like the Empire's never been very creative or diverse with ships or something) playstyles as being encouraged or enhanced.

I can sympathize with a lot of the personal taste elements here - but at the same time it shows a lot of lack of empathy for other people who play other factions to. I mean, what about Rebel players who like jousting fighters? What about the rebel swarm? What about Scum who don't want to play Jumps and would like to actually play the shitty ships their faction started with. X-Wing players, as is often typical of humans, are usually narrowly confined to their own world-view.

And eventually Rebels or TLJ or whatever will shit out another sweet-ass advanced TIE which will totally be another opportunity for Imperials to get back to "basics".
>>
>>53854241
>Because high ATK/AGI ships with token and mod stacks laughing off conventional attack rolls was so fun for everybody else.

Im bumping into this a lot as a newbie.

I guess we're still plying at a low level, but fucking hell I can just never get a hit on interceptors.
Dont even fucking mention defenders, jesus.
>>
>>53854270

And this my friend is why K-Wings, Sabine, ABTs and BMST exist.
>>
>>53854330

Yeah, but K-wings are impossible to find.
Even if they werent, I really hate them and dont want to have to resort to the maximum meta just to get a single kill.

I dont care if I lose, but i mean, getting zero hits at all is just painful.
>>
>>53854330
>BMST
No one uses BMST
>>
>>53853992
My thing is that I always run pairs of identical generics (or more generics) in my lists- I wanted to do double Aggressor+ace.

Also, I think that the Punisher Mine Spam is going to be a gimmick at best- It's not viable to make a bomb fortress.

>>53854241
I never flew defenders or Palp- I started in wave 7-8 with TIE/FO's.

I like the TIE/SF, but the Striker is pretty weak. /AG, we will have to see, but I'm not looking forwards to being a TLT spammer.

Also, I have been suggesting an X-wing fix, among other things. Saying that we don't care about other people's play options is untrue. I wanted Starviper and Kihrax fixes too. I'm just upset that FFG keeps pouring on more and more scum, and it shows in their meta dominance.

When none of the game's iconic ships are particularly usable, it shows that there's a problem.

Empire is particularly grumpy now as they have their hardest counters (things that eat swarms and aces) as the current strongest builds in the game.
>>
>>53854389

I mean, they don't have to. You don't plan on facing like a dozen Soontirs anymore it's kind of a waste otherwise. I don't think many ships which PTL now are fragile enough to really hurt with it.

You can't say it doesn't seem to be engineered with low-HP self-stressers (aka PTL aces) in mind. People were real concerned with TIE/sab and VI Ahsoka BMST was gonna be a thing - and nobody uses it because they don't have to.

>>53854445

This is why I say people are /usually/ narrow-minded. Because lots of people are really really butthurt and crying about how Imps are "dead" and FFG loves Scum so much and why does everybody do everything so much better, waaa my Galactic Empire isn't just steamrolling these dirty criminals. "Vaksai gives you how many mods? Why don't I just burn my copy of Imperial Aces."

Really putting Kylo Ren into context for me.

I mean, if FFG really loved Scum so much, why would they saddle them with shit like Sycks, Kihraxzes and StarVipers from the start? But the Guns For Hire announcement seems a little ill-timed. It's still listed as "InDev" so I'm not really sure why they went ahead and threw it out there - maybe they need to keep people on the hook for the holiday season until they can announce Wave XII and the inevitable movie tie-ins? Who knows.

But H-6 has elements which help the Punisher. Minefield Map is a card which if it's going to have an optimal form will only have it on the Punisher. With the TIE Aggressor out there, god knows what bullshit TIEs FFG can pull out of their hat. Just, y'know, 12 months+ of development cycle. I'd bet money that in a year or two, instead of lunatics shouting "Make Emon/Talonbane Cobra/Guri Great Again" there will be lunatics shouting about whatever thing is gonna rile up for Imperials. Already made Defenders great (for once). Who knows what it'll be? "Parkin' Tarkin"? "THRAAAAAWN!"? "Can you smell what Soontir Fel is cooking"? Gunboat?
>>
>>53854241
>Because high ATK/AGI ships with token and mod stacks laughing off conventional attack rolls was so fun for everybody else.

Here's the thing: if aces can't fairly reliably do that then they're not worth taking. Soontir has to be able to laugh off a couple of generic attacks, because if he can't he's dead.

I still remember the days when no one took Imperial aces because they weren't worth it. You'd blank on one attack and they'd be dead and you'd be out 35 points while your opponent still had 3 B-wings left.

I get why Imps are pissed, overall, and I really do think Palp didn't need to be nerfed. Aces need that level of dice mods to be good. Palp was also never a solitary colossus like everything else they've given errata nerfs. People had stopped taking him in favor of a third defender in most lists leading up to it, and they did better too.

The funny thing is if Kestal had been in any of the other factions Imps would understand how good she is and be crying bloody murder.

I can get why other players would be tired of Imps. We're entering the first phase of the game's history where they haven't been utterly broken top tier with an immediately obvious meta list to pick. So I think some people are having a hard time adjusting. Thank god I started out mostly playing Rebels in wave 4-5. It taught me good habits in terms of thinking outside the box.

>>53854389
Easily the card that the community got most wrong before it got released. Turns out the dice roll makes it not worth it.

>>53854445
You can still do that, just either with the two named or the PS5s. You don't have to take an EPT for them to be decent.

Also, what the hell eats up TIE swarms right now? People have done well with them overall in SCs around me. Dengaroo is gone. Jumpmasters by themselves are not usually enough.
>>
>>53854688
>I mean, if FFG really loved Scum so much, why would they saddle them with shit like Sycks, Kihraxzes and StarVipers from the start?
Scum is the 'unplaytested' faction. Nothing that comes out of them is put through the ringer. So you get pieces of shit like the Syck or the G1A, but you also get OP monsters like the Aggressor (at the time), Jumpmasters and Protectorate.

It is also worth noting that X-wing has gone through 3 dev teams. It would be safe to say the current dev team does have a hard on for scum.

>Minefield Map is a card which if it's going to have an optimal form will only have it on the Punisher.
No. The Minefield Map is never going to be used. It is a great way to waste your bombs. On turn one the opponent can just TURN AWAY.

> Gunboat?
Kill your self.
>>
>>53854781

Oh no, I totally understand that because of the mechanics of dice rolls you need a lot of mods to keep it consistent - the issue is that the consistency also eats into other's fun, which you talk about later. As much as I'm sure ImpAce players don't have fun getting smashed by Sabine SLAM bombs people fighting PalpAces did not enjoy running like four B-Wings and hurling fistfuls of dice at Soontir Fel every round only for it to do jack shit. Then FFG leans down to the rebel player and is like "Psst Kid, you want to fuck up that Soontir buy some K-Wings".

God only knows what FFG will come up with to lean down to Imperial players.
>"Psst kid, you want to fuck up those K-Wings?"

I do think the Palp change is good - he's still very powerful (debate still open on 8 points powerful) but has a higher skill floor. The Imperial player has to know what they're doing with him ahead of time and can no longer shout "SHEEV TAKE THE WHEEL" at the last minute. This should be the state of the game, you have to make both strategic and tactical decisions. Lots of newer upgrades promote this sort of thing. Now if only FFG would actually unfuck the Jumpmaster.
>>
>>53854899
>3 dev teams
Why the seemingly high turnover rate? Is this normal in the industry?
>>
>>53854781
>I get why Imps are pissed, overall, and I really do think Palp didn't need to be nerfed. Aces need that level of dice mods to be good. Palp was also never a solitary colossus like everything else they've given errata nerfs. People had stopped taking him in favor of a third defender in most lists leading up to it, and they did better too.
Yes and no. Palp probably did need to be nerfed, but he didn't need to be nerfed as hard as he was. He had the weird situation of both expanding and decreasing Imp list diversity. On one had you would have 29 points in every list dedicated to him, while he would then enable you to take any of the Imperials variety of aces.

>The funny thing is if Kestal had been in any of the other factions Imps would understand how good she is and be crying bloody murder.
The /AG is a mistake.

>I can get why other players would be tired of Imps. We're entering the first phase of the game's history where they haven't been utterly broken top tier with an immediately obvious meta list to pick. So I think some people are having a hard time adjusting. Thank god I started out mostly playing Rebels in wave 4-5. It taught me good habits in terms of thinking outside the box.
Incredibly true. Tie Swarm->Phantoms->Decimators->Palp Aces->Defenders.

Still I'd rather have Imperials than Scum.

>Also, what the hell eats up TIE swarms right now? People have done well with them overall in SCs around me. Dengaroo is gone. Jumpmasters by themselves are not usually enough.
Dengaroo is gone, but Dengar isn't.

Also Fenn Rau and Dash/Miranda.
>>
>>53854781
Fenn Rau Mindlink and Dash/Miranda eat swarms alive.

Kestal is good, but i'd be happier if the generic pilots were useful for something besides TLT spam.

Also, with 3 factions, each should have multiple top tier lists- the issue now is that rebels have a couple, scum has a shitload, and empire has none.

Acting like 'this is revenge for wave 1' or the like just makes you seem vindictive.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NclJyE20L0M
Man you could basically rewrite the plot shown to be a star wars one.
>Imperial sector group receives a number of Quasar fire carriers testing the newest TIE droids. Rebels manage to steal the Quasar Fires and its up to an elite squadron to fight back, demonstrating that pilot skill and the human in the cockpit is the most important part of fighting.
>You can probably finish the game fighting the rebel leader in a tricked out X-wing with an underslung turbolaser cannon or some crazy shit.
>>
>>53854330

A Falcon with Gunner and Hotshot Co-Pilot works wonders as well. Alternatively you can go Baze and Hotcop if you're looking at multiple Aces and want to spread those debuffs out.
>>
>>53855412
Ace Combat in general from 4 onward is basically a Star Wars movie series waiting to happen.
>>
>>53855611

Hotcops is an amazing card. I'm not sure why I don't see it more - does Mindlink just stack the tokens too fast for it to be worth it?
>>
What do you guys think of the Protectorate Starfighter?
>>
Hey are there sleeves made for builds?
Like one part of the sleeve for the pilot card and the rest being small cards?
>>
>>53856044
It's very stronk.
>>
>>53855944
The issue with Hotcops is it generally needs gunner as well, and it needs to be able to be the first thing to shoot in your list. This means the absolute cheapest you will see it is on a Resistance Sympathizer for 47- a ship you have to build around. The only other serious carrier is the Decimator.
>>
>>53843368
Thanks
>>
>>53856647
Maybe it will be good on Wullffwarro? He's high up there on the PS scale, has a good firing arc and you're probably going to want to put gunner on him anyway, though wasting your big late game dice thrower on token stripping seems really suboptimal and he's still up at 39 points with those two and no EPT.
>>
>>53856935
You could use a PS 3 one with Hotcops and Gunner alongside a PS 2/1 horde.
>>
>>53854990
I don't know about three, but there was a lot of shuffling around at FFG when they were acquired by Asmodee.
>>
>>53857029
Assuming it's 26 points you could fit three naked X-wings or three green squadrons with Juke and Autothrusters, probably not awful but I don't see it matching up amazing against anything common.
>>
>>53857174
On a more evil note- 3 Green Squadron with Snap, Juke, Autos, and a Wooden Wonder with an OpSpec and... An intel agent? Tactician or something for the second crew?

Either way, 2 points of stuff for the second azituck crew.
>>
File: 1478291773415.jpg (424KB, 1920x1047px) Image search: [Google]
1478291773415.jpg
424KB, 1920x1047px
>>53857174
Gave me an idea:

Chewbacca: Swarm leader, Gunner, Hotshot, evade title
Green Squad: Juke, VI, AT x 2

Again, not sure how good it is, but if they go after Chewie first then the jukes from the greens hurt before Chewie throws a 5-6 tie attack. Only real problem is the lack of mods on the red dice.

>>53855337
Point where I said it was revenge for anything. Because I never said that. Hell, I'll even go out and say that the Phantom nerf wasn't needed, and in some ways buffed them because it allows them to block with the decloak and also decloak while ioned.

I'd debate that Scum has a shitload of lists. They're pretty much married to Jumpmasters, Shadowcasters, and Protectorates, when they should have a full roster at this point. If anything Rebels are the ones with a lot of list variety. Biggs enables things much like Palp did, and I'm not necessarily looking forward to if they do errata him.

>>53854997
>Incredibly true. Tie Swarm->Phantoms->Decimators->Palp Aces->Defenders.

Exactly what I was thinking. Rebels might have won Worlds, but they only did it by counter-building the Imperial meta.

>>53854985
>The Imperial player has to know what they're doing with him ahead of time and can no longer shout "SHEEV TAKE THE WHEEL"

As an Imperial aces player, still to this day, I'd say they really needed the consistency. The guarantee is what made him good and taking it away makes him not worth it in my mind. There's a reason you pretty much only see him on Decimators nowadays.

Anyway I'll never run Palp again. Not because he might not still be worth the point, but because I learned him the "wrong" way now, and during a high-stress tournament I will fuck it up. It took me months of practice to not screw up decloaking with the Phantom, I don't much care to do that again with Palp. So I've been leaning towards other cards like hotshot/gunner/vader, Quickdraw, etc.
>>
File: 22cf94_6139949.jpg (167KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
22cf94_6139949.jpg
167KB, 1191x670px
>>53839179
anon are you going to try and fuck a gundark?
>>
If a BTL-A4 Y-wing with an Agromech uses its focus token for its first attack does that then mean it can use the target lock for its second attack?

And if you have a synced turret can you then reroll two dice if they fail to hit even with the target lock reroll?
>>
>>53857716
You can use the R4's target lock even on the first attack, it's what makes torp scout torps so fucking stupidly potent. Dice that have been rerolled can not be rerolled a second time, so you get either the synced turret reroll or the target lock reroll.
>>
>>53857776
So basically focus then TL the Y-wings main guns then re-roll two dice on the synced turret?

Probably not as reliable at causing damage as TLT but 2 points cheaper.
>>
>>53857776
I am guessing this is why the Havoc is not allowed to carry an R4.
>>
>>53858421

No, havoc doesn't get non-uniques so it doesn't get Green T-Rolls. The other thing would be bad too though.
>>
>>53857029

What about Baze? Strip the Focus tokens off two of them instead of one? I've had it work with Nu-Chewie.
>>
>>53858421

Right now tha Havoc's options are Genius, R4-B11 and R5-P8.

I've never seen B11 used by anyone other than that one Scum Y-Wing pilot who isn't Kavil, but, B-11 + Synced Turret + FireCon doesn't sound like the worst combo in the world.
That said, I think most people are going to choose P8, simply because of all those unhappy Dengar related memories of being on the wrong side of him.

Genius might actually now be worth it, ESPECIALLY on Scum Nym. Even Sol could work him if she throws him out at a hard bank one way and barrel rolls the other.
It being Small Base REALLY helps it to dodge it's own bombs in this instance.
>>
>>53858934

There's also an unspoiled new unique (R4 something, art is different than B11) in the pack.

B11 and Genius seem ideal for the ship though.
>>
>>53859052

There's a lot in the fan that still needs spoiling. Cruise Missiles as well for instance.
>>
>>53857498
The revenge thing may have ben referring to someone els- I've seen so many people online say stuff along the lines of "empire deserves being bad, since they were so good pre-phantom nerf", etc.

I meant to reply to someone else in the thread.
>>
File: jurgen_and_shrike.jpg (81KB, 338x325px) Image search: [Google]
jurgen_and_shrike.jpg
81KB, 338x325px
>>53827084

Any good recommendations for non-Star Wars music that would fit in a Star Wars game?
>>
Anyone have any tools for making 1inch grid maps? Starwars or otherwise... Im trying to make my own imperial assault maps at grid scale. The tiles are okay, i guess, but they arent very diverse. I miss the stuff the old WotC starwars miniatures had, since that stuff was the same style.
>>
>>53859251
Check out anything by Gustav Holst on youtube
>>
File: 1490067465075.jpg (301KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1490067465075.jpg
301KB, 1200x1800px
>>53860012
If anyone has any maps of their own i could convert, that would be nice too. Im looking for an imperial tileset or a map that could be used for similar. I also want a forest/jungle temple map for a yavin based skirmish map.

Also ill start adding art to my beggar posts i guess, make them more palatable.
>>
>>53859251

You could go for some vidya game background stuff - if you get orchestral stuff it might sound right.

My issue is always just trying to find stuff that the party wont know and automatically connect with something else.
>>
>>53860057
For a starwars game, a suprising lack of what you would consider iconic maps. No endor stuff, no yavin, next to no tiles in general. Ive got the "hoth" tiles but they are barely even usefull for what they were intended, since they are artistically ugly.
>>
>>53860289

We have a mostly complete one last thread, I think? Missing some pages though.

Would appreciate if somebody could track down the equipment pages for me.
>>
File: Squads.jpg (62KB, 763x303px) Image search: [Google]
Squads.jpg
62KB, 763x303px
Not to bitch and complain...but I'm going to bitch and complain... jesus fuck Fantasy Flight... 3 fucking months, and these are still "At the Printer" ?? How long does it take to get get little Chin Chong Wee, to pump out some plastic, unpainted fingernail sized ships, and some cards that have already been designed and drawn?? This should be a couple of weeks at best. How is it that it takes THIS long for any company the size of F.F to produce something that they already have made in the past??
>>
Well, it's porn o'clock on a Saturday, so time to ask:
What star wars couple, canon or not, do you wish there was more porn/fic of?
>>
>>53862618
>>53862618
It's still new, so it's small quanity is excusable, but young Mon Mothma from Rogue One.
>>
>>53862618
honestly? Han and Leia. I don't know why, and I haven't gone actively looking but there's not a whole lot of it. There might be a ton and I haven't looked extensively enough but that's my initial reaction. I'll also second >>53862755 as I kinda figured stuff would just start showing up now that we've had her appear more.
>>
File: huurk.png (366KB, 680x643px) Image search: [Google]
huurk.png
366KB, 680x643px
>>53859251
Classical and classical inspired-

Vangelis - Conquest of Paradise
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYeDsa4Tw0c
Grieg - In the Hall of the Mountain King
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLp_Hh6DKWc
Mussorgsky - Night On Bald Mountain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCEDfZgDPS8
Sergei Prokofiev - Battle On The Ice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyDKezDLGTM
Gustav Holst - The Planets - Mars, the Bringer of War
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0bcRCCg01I

Modern-ish

Jean Michel Jarre - Oxygene pt 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DDEl7JnWvo
Dead can Dance- Host of Seraphim
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7HEMraRpaM
Max Richter - Sarajevo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTvhR0lEtZM

Bar fights, Trandoshan jungle dub and other random space fight things

Montefiori Cocktail - Tequila bum bum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu7tElQEW44
Big Bud - Feeling Inside
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI6kk6AtXEI
Kenny Loggins- Danger Zone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUsFWO08CO0
Cobalt 60 - Galactic Hives
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64O9Ekqvd9Q
>>
Made top 4 again in my second Store Championship of the season. My buddy won the whole thing, his first at something bigger than a local tourney.

Also, in DFW our 3 Store Champs have all been won by Empire with Quickdraw in every list.
>>
>>53863009
>DFW
THE STARS AT NIGHT ARE BIG AND BRIGHT
>>
File: 1497185952438.jpg (525KB, 1800x752px) Image search: [Google]
1497185952438.jpg
525KB, 1800x752px
>>
File: 1484530424174.jpg (1MB, 3000x1318px) Image search: [Google]
1484530424174.jpg
1MB, 3000x1318px
>>
>>53860012
if you're willing to shell out some credits, Heroic Maps has some great starship tiles, including one that's Totally Not Imperial.
>>
File: 1423001999788.jpg (174KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1423001999788.jpg
174KB, 640x640px
>>53864143
>TIEs
>Red lasers
Did I miss something in nucanon or is this just an oversight by the artist?
>>
>>53862618
Luke x Tenel Ka
>because you know they got up to some weird shit when they were alone in that small hauler searching for Jacen, Jaina and Lowbacca.
>>
>>53851465
>Forgive me if I'm wrong but wouldn't that build lead to having 36 cluster mine tokens on the field at the start of the game

Extra Munitions is Limited. Plus you can't double discard cards with MM. The FAQ is pretty clear that you can only cause a card to proc once per instance.

Triple Cutlass Minefields probably aren't going to be a thing, but one of them shitting up the middle of the table might be. I can definitely see Deathrain making a comeback as well now.
>>
My players want to help the Rebel Alliance sabotage the Holonet to fuck up Imperial communications. I think it's an insane goal but it's the kind of insane goal I want to facilitate.

What's a cool way they could do it?

They're specifically interested in wiping out stored network information, while the Alliance are interested in ruining communications.
>>
>>53866122

It'd probably require a mission very similar to Scarif from R1. Hell, if this is pre-Yavin it very may well BE Scarif that you need to go to for this.
>>
>>53866177
It's post-Yavin, but Scarif is definitely solid inspiration. It's going to be a really nice challenge for the party leader, considering she's an infiltration and slicing expert.
>>
My players are infiltrating the TIE Fighter Construction Facility orbiting Nar Shaddaa.

What cool experimental craft should they come across? Phantoms seem like the obvious choice, or the experimental series if I want to be a memeing dickhead I guess.
>>
File: TIE_Lander.jpg (191KB, 500x387px) Image search: [Google]
TIE_Lander.jpg
191KB, 500x387px
>>53866452
Spin-offs of the TIE Mauler/Crawler concept. For instance, a TIE Lander with treads stuck to it and labeled as an infantry transport. Or a Striker flipped upside-down and whose bomb bay has been replaced by a mortar. Or a TIE Bizarro with legs.
>>
>>53862186
Everything is produced in big waves. Once it's sold out, it's basically like starting over, except that they presumably still have the molds lying around. They're also probably relient on multiple companies for multiple different parts.

More importantly, between Armada and X-Wing, little Timmy Chong has a big backlog to work through, and is being pushed to his limits.

>How is it that it takes THIS long for any company the size of F.F

I also think you may be overestimating FFG. The industries its in are pretty cutthroat. The only way to compete with Games Workshop and Hasbro, is by running a very light operation relatively speaking.

I'm not saying it doesn't suck (it does, and it really limits the growth of the game), but they're not leaving profit on the table intentionally. They're constrained by their supply chain.

In all likelihood, FFG does not produce enough business to keep their suppliers alive, and so those suppliers are beholden to other customers as well. As a consequence, FFG can't just spool up more production - if Timmy Chong only spends 25% of his time on all FFG products, then FFG must not represent enough business to warrant hiring Timmy's sister Sarah Chong too.
>>
>>53839179
Why Gungans of course
>>
>>53863009

>DFW

you know of a place with monday night games? I wanted to get in on CGG's tuesdays, but I just found out I'm working tues-sat, not wed-sun. Damn paychecks
>>
File: TIE Bomber-Ae (TIE Divebomber).jpg (16KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
TIE Bomber-Ae (TIE Divebomber).jpg
16KB, 400x300px
>>53866551
Imma gonna dump some funky TIE variants for ya.

Startign with a Tie Bomber designed for CAS. Meet the TIE Dive Bomber, designation TIE/B-d or TIE/B-ae (ae short for aerospace)
>>
File: TIE Clutch.jpg (7KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
TIE Clutch.jpg
7KB, 250x188px
meant to quote >>53866452. My bad.

Anyway, here's the TIE Clutch. Officially a Ugly-type snubfighter but i would fit as a proto-Phantom
>>
File: TIE Dart.jpg (7KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
TIE Dart.jpg
7KB, 400x300px
>>53867873
TIE Dart, designation TIE/da. For when you need to go fast in a light fighter and turning isn't an option
>>
File: TIE Fighter-Ae.jpg (8KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
TIE Fighter-Ae.jpg
8KB, 200x150px
>>53867885
TIE Fighter-Aero mod, designation TIE/LN-ae
probably a stopgap solution to flying in goo before the TIE Striker project was up and running
>>
File: TIE Hammer.jpg (4KB, 160x120px) Image search: [Google]
TIE Hammer.jpg
4KB, 160x120px
>>53867901
TIE Hammer, designation TIE/ha. This is what happens when you give Raith Sienar drugs, a order for a more efficient bomber and the now obsolete TIE Advanced Prototype platform
>>
File: TIE Interceptor-Scout.jpg (8KB, 400x269px) Image search: [Google]
TIE Interceptor-Scout.jpg
8KB, 400x269px
>>53867932
TIE Interceptor-Scout, designation TIE/In-S.

Essentially a Interceptor that halves it firepower for increased operating time and a larger sensor package
>>
File: TIE Lambda.jpg (7KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
TIE Lambda.jpg
7KB, 250x188px
>>53867946
TIE Lambda aka TIE Hydrofoil, designation TIE/hy.

A failed attempt to create a TIE variant capable of both Space, Aerospace and Aquatic operations. Side connector pylons support modular mission packages including lasers, rocket pods, E-War equipment and underwater-torpedo tubes.
>>
File: TIE Retaliator.jpg (12KB, 400x254px) Image search: [Google]
TIE Retaliator.jpg
12KB, 400x254px
>>53867989
TIE Retaliator, designation TIE/rt

The successor to the must acclaimed TIE Striker, the TIE Retaliator had better space-to-aerospace capabilities but in trade has slightly bigger turn radius when operating in atmosphere
>>
File: TIE Scrambler.jpg (195KB, 900x626px) Image search: [Google]
TIE Scrambler.jpg
195KB, 900x626px
>>53868011
TIE Scrambler, designation TIE/Sc

A dedicated E-War platform built on the sturdy TIE Bomber hull. Bomber wings inverted to not interfere with E-War signal yield.
>>
File: TIE Talon.jpg (20KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
TIE Talon.jpg
20KB, 400x300px
>>53868036
TIE Talon, designation TIE/Ta

The TIE Talon was a dedicated Heavy Spacebomb and Cruise Missile platform intended to take on rebel capital ships under the cover of a TIE Fighter screen.
>>
Raith, for the last time, im not buying your coke dream TIE designs. I just want to place an order for another few hundred thousand of the ln and about another fifty thousand of the interceptors. Jesus mate, get these showroom abortion fighters out of here. Also get some help, we are all worried about you.
>>
File: TIE Striker Droid.jpg (56KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
TIE Striker Droid.jpg
56KB, 600x400px
>>53868067
TIE Striker/Droid, designation TIE/st-d.

A smaller version of a TIE Striker, controlled either autonomously by a droid brain or in person by a sentient Flight Leader flying either a modified TIE Striker or TIE Interceptor
>>
File: Tie Turtle.jpg (17KB, 401x480px) Image search: [Google]
Tie Turtle.jpg
17KB, 401x480px
>>53868108
TIE Turtle, designation TIE/tu

For when you need a heavily armored and speedy personal transport and you don't trust any pilot but yourself.

This was the last one i had saved. Might be some others around if you sharpen your google-fu.

>>53868068
NEVER! You will buy my designs and LOVE THEM LIKE YOU OWN CHILDREN!Now where did i put that left-over bag of Ryll from last night?
>>
I feel as though many of the Empire's problems could've been avoided by sticking with robots.

Droids can't be fooled by Jedi tricks, they can't rebel and help the enemy, they don't get tired or scared. They can operate - ironically - far more independently, as they're less relient on supply lines. They can patrol unpressurized, radioactive, or otherwise hostile environments. They can more intuitively manuever when scaled up to walker size or larger, compared to walkers with human pilots.

Droids wouldn't have thought those weren't the droids they were looking for. Droids wouldn't have armor that could be looted and worn for an impromptu prison infiltration. Droids wouldn't suffer PTSD and then turn traitor, helping an enemy pilot escape imprisonment.

Why didn't the Emperor stick with droids?
>>
>>53868243
Because the droids were the armies of the ENEMY of the Empire.

Plus, with the exception of supply lines, troopers can do all of those things.

You're also overestimating the numbers of people who joined the Empire and then rebelled. It's quite literally a tiny fraction of a percent.

And Jedi? You're worried about Jedi under the Empire? When the last move made before the Republic was turned into the Empire was to kill 99% of the Jedi?
>>
File: TIE MEME.jpg (971KB, 2442x1334px) Image search: [Google]
TIE MEME.jpg
971KB, 2442x1334px
>Sienar Fleet Systems, making memes come true
>>
>>53862186
I have these at my LGS. Want me to mail you them?
>>
>>53863009
Well, that's a sign.

Should I practice with a traditional Howl+3 Black Miniswarm and Draw Their Fire quickdraw, or a tankier quickdraw and 3 Omega Squadrons with Weapons Guidance (advanced sensors, Predator, and Sensor Cluster i guess?)
>>
What is the most important natural aptitude for a Star Wars pilot to possess?
>>
>>53867688
Full Spectrum does Monday nights. Take off this Saturday and come to the Texas Toy Soldier store champ.
>>
>>53868745
can't take off, just got out of training.

when does it start? I work nights, 10:30 other end of DFW.
>>
>>53868510
I ran her with expertise, FCS, frame, sensor cluster. The winner did adaptability, FCS, frame, pattern analyzer
>>
What does /swg/ think of this list

TIE Punisher: Cutlass Squadron Pilot (21)
Extra Munitions (2)
Cluster Mines (4)
Cluster Mines (4)
Minefield Mapper (0)
Lightweight Frame (2)
TIE Punisher: Cutlass Squadron Pilot (21)
Extra Munitions (2)
Cluster Mines (4)
Cluster Mines (4)
Minefield Mapper (0)
Lightweight Frame (2)
TIE Avanced Prototype: · The Inquisitor (25)
Push The Limit (3)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
TIE/v1 (1)
-- TOTAL ------- 96p. --

Not sure where to put the other 4 pts
>>
>>53868243

The last time their was a galaxy-wide droid army it got shut down by flipping a single switch.

Seriously though, there's no other reason than 'it's a movie' that nearly if not all vehicles and weapons aren't automated in the Star Wars universe.
>>
>>53868243
Droids were political poison after the clone wars. The Emperor probably didn't like having peons immune to force powers either.
>>
>>53869240
Droids are a morally safer form of slavery. Star Wars is like ancient Greece. There's no need to build specialist everything when you have slaves do it. Leave the specialist art/design/operation to meat sentients.
>>
I have a question:

Can Vessery trigger his ability more than once per round, provided the ship has a red TL token using TIE/D title?

Like if Omega Leader locks an enemy ship, can Vessery acquire + use a target lock on the cannon attack, then acquire + use another on his primary weapon attack?
>>
>>53851820

I don't care if I'm being a fool; I'm hyped for this game.

Two things from this clip:

1) I like how one of the clones mentions 'local forces' at the beginning of the battle. I know anons in the thread discussing what might have happened if the Jedi had successfully removed Sheev were talking about how the Republic could never have won a war of attrition due to the low number of clones but I think they forget that said clones always made up only a fraction of a fraction of the GAR's forces. Elite soldiers who made up the face of the war and took point in it's most prominent battles, yes, but they didn't do the majority of the fighting.

2) Is Rey voiced by Daisy Ridley here?
>>
>>53869461
I'm not so sure that's canon anymore.

There's no canon number on the amount of clones produced, and under Disney leadership I can all but gaurantee the Clones will be responsible for the vast majority of fighting in canon going forwards.
>>
>>53869355
Yes, he gets the TL every time he rolls dice.
>>
>>53868286
>You're worried about Jedi under the Empire? When the last move made before the Republic was turned into the Empire was to kill 99% of the Jedi?

As a result of the threat they represented.

Sheev rightly believed that force sensitives were the only possible threat to his regime. All else was a distant second, spooky no-longer-canon EU things aside.

>>53869294
I'm sure he could've switched the forces around had that been his master plan from the beginning.
>>
>>53869461
Doesn't look like she's doing the voice acting for this game, but she's got a sort of generic London accent so shouldn't be too hard to find.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5710996/
Though its got Sam Witwer doing Maul, kind of worth it just to hear the shit-talking that's going on, "oh just give up" and hurls some poor bastard clear across the map.

Yeah I guess TCW and movies never really touched on the garrison forces and local armed populations too much as it would mean having to come up with faces and voices for them, aside from the short series with Saw G on his home world as a proto-rebel against the CIS. The 'nice' thing about clones (and droids) is that you can copy-paste the little buggers onto a whole heap of figures and they just come across as being relatively plausible.
>>
>>53868808
Dice at noon.
>>
>>53868443
UHHH VERY YES!!!
>>
>>53870037
Email me at [email protected]
>>
Talk to me about the TIE Striker.

What's the meta build? How does it fare in TurretWing 2017?
>>
>>53870916

Most popular build I think is as lean a Pure Sabacc as you can get and you just fly him like a missile. When he dies he dies.
>>
>>53870916
Pure w/ VI, Title, frame
Duchess w/ adapt/VI, title, frame
Countdown w/ title

Keep them cheap as they will die, but enjoy the offense and maneuverability they provide until it happens.
>>
>>53870916
Pure the Cruise missile with VI is pretty good.

I'm a retard who loves massed generics though, so I've been flying 3 black squadron scouts with Crack alongside a Lambda with advanced sensors, Hux, and an intel agent.

Question for that build- should I swap one of those 3 strikers and my initiative bid to Pure Sabacc with a 0 point ept?
>>
Alright, time to play this little game again. All of Wave XI has been previewed, Scum Aces has been announced, and we have a lot of product numbers open. Let's play the guessing game, what'll be in Wave XII? Leaving out Kylo's TIE and/or Resistance A-Wing because those will be obvious movie tie-ins. Unless the bomber is the tie in, who knows?

http://www.strawpoll.me/13223483/r

BTW, last time I took this poll 8.5% of people were right with the Havoc for Scum. Let's see if we have some winners this time?
>>
>>53868867
Punisher Bomb Fortresses/Cages are incredibly ineffective. Most meta lists can just drive a big ship straight through to punch a hole. A single ace can probably eat 3 punishers that have no munitions.
>>
>>53838642
Combat rounds are vaguely described in the core book as "whatever amount of time suffices for things to happen, usually something like a minute". So you're definitely doing it wrong.
>>
>>53869626
>>53869751

It popped up in Legends when authors started realizing there was no way the clone army could have the numbers to singlehandedly wage a galactic war; I'm guessing it will come up again in NuCanon as well. Especially seeing as the canon Clone Wars cartoon often alluded to non-clone combatants either directly part of or aligned with the Republic- Saw and w on Onderon and the Ryloth resistance fighters for example, to say nothing of the Republic navy that would become the massive backbone of the Imperial military even without clones.

I'm feeling pretty confidant that 'On the Front Lines' will cover this and other overlooked 'background' details of the various wars; I get the impression it will be something like the NuCanon version 'Essential Guide to Warfare'.
>>
>>53871629

I have no idea what WILL be but I know what I want- Rebel Veterans. Something that includes buffs and new options for classic ships that need it (like the X-Wing itself) and maybe some NuCanon pilot cards for their proper ships (like Shara Bey in an A-Wing already).

I wouldn't say no to a TIE Reaper either.
>>
>>53868867

Cluster Mines are totally unplayable no matter how you crunch the numbers.

Minefield Mapper is a timmy-trap.
>>
>>53871981
Except it was the authors who decided on the number of clones.

The movie never says anything. All it says is that there are two hundred thousand units with a million more on the way, but there's no indication what comprises a unit.

Regarding the low numbers of troopers, the editors actually stepped in and said that the "3 million clones" was not the whole number for the GAR and that a number could not and would not be given for the overall size of the Army of the Republic.

I highly doubt that the new On the Front Lines book will give an actual number to the clones, either, for the above-stated reason.
>>
>>53872033

I feel like one of those 6 unassigned product codes is gonna be another Rebel "Ace" pack. Something to tie in with Rogue One and hopefully finally get that help for rebel ships they want, or at least some cool toys for the first few waves of girls back in the fight. Guns For Hire happened, so this WILL happen eventually it's too easy money not to, they only question is when.

TIE Reaper sounds like the perfect place to put whatever the Imperials version of Sabine/Cad Bane is. Tuck in a Krennic Card, maybe a Thrawn card? Governor Pryce? There's plenty of imperial characters who could use some cards so Imperial players can feel like they get their due
>>
>>53871622

You're effectively paying 3 points each for your Crackshots, and I feel like they are a bit redundant with Hux.

Here is what I would try instead;

Scarif Defender x3 (3x18=54)
Adaptive Ailerons (0)

Imperial Trainee x1 (17)
Adaptive Alerons

OGP (21)
Sensors (3)
Hux (5)
(29)

You lose the Lightweight Frames, but green dice are trash anyway. You get another four HP, another gun, and a PS1 blocker which is comparatively more effective than Intel Agent has ever been for anyone, ever.
>>
Hey, I have a quick rules question.
If I have Quickshock with Push the Limit and Electronic Battfle do I still shoot?
>>
Need help!
Any ideas on how to start EotE group on Nar Shadaa? Like how could i team up 5 different players? Local mob test mission for a new squad? I want to make a campaing, where 4k credits is wicked huge.
>>
>>53872593

Throw them all into the same holding cell?
>>
>>53872506
Quickdraw+baffle+PTL works. The issue is that it prevents quickdraw from being able to pull mindgames.
>>
>>53872371
Hux only pumps 1 dude each turn, and I pop crack in the first engagement. Usually I end up huxing the shuttle and just focusing 2 strikers (one is probably dead)
>>
>>53872683
Nah. Kinda hate "cell holding start"
>>
>>53873171

Start in an underground Bar/casino. Imperials arrive on a crackdown. Players manage to escape out of the back as a firefight breaks out.
>>
>>53873473
Yeah, but what kind of Bar/Casino? For my power level it will be like really trashy one. In deep levels for example. Something like underground pit fighting and PCs got hired for a team showmatch. Maybe they are even slaves (but they will have colars, which would explode when the wearer leaves the are). Any thoughts on that?
>>
>>53872593
They all got evicted from their trailer park on the same day and run into each other at the gate after being thrown out
>>
File: 1465881998128.png (577KB, 784x706px) Image search: [Google]
1465881998128.png
577KB, 784x706px
What if the republic had been a kingdom or a benevolent empire?
How would Sheev's plan change if he had to take down a previews monarch?
Ho will the galaxy and its politics be different?
>>
/tg/ How is my list?

==========
DICK SQUAD
==========

100 points

Pilots
------

“Quickdraw” (40)
Special Forces TIE (29), Snap Shot (2), Electronic Baffle (1), Cluster Missiles (4), Special Ops Training (0), Shield Upgrade (4)

Soontir Fel (35)
TIE Interceptor (27), Royal Guard TIE (0), Push the Limit (3), Stealth Device (3), Autothrusters (2)

“Pure Sabacc” (25)
TIE Striker (22), Veteran Instincts (1), Adaptive Ailerons (0), Lightweight Frame (2)
>>
>>53838165
yeah I use shield house rules because setback dice are stupid and don't line up with what we see in fiction.

I also homebrew a lot of custom shit, like new ships, weapons, etc.
>>
>>53874818
That Quickdraw is incredibly schitzo. What is it supposed to do? Snap Shot at PS 9, Baffle without PTL, Clusters but no chips, Shield instead of LWF?

Consider Targeting Computer on Soontir.
>>
>>53865253
oversight
>>
>>53875168
I was considering switching for Push The Limit and a Twin Ion Engine
>>
File: Lunaara Square.png (373KB, 357x379px) Image search: [Google]
Lunaara Square.png
373KB, 357x379px
>>53844968
Unknown Regions
>>
>>53872593
They're all working the night shift at dirty burger because none of them seem to be able to make crime pay individually
>>
>>53872593

They're all in a shitty bar (so they have their guns and stuff), a gang busts in and tries to pull a hit on somebody or kidnap them - the PCs stop it (Because you can work on their Obligation or Motivation) and they turn out to be an associate of a local crime boss or gang or something who offers them cash and jobs as a reward.
>>
>>53871981
One of the things I liked out legends was that it was implied non clones actually outnumbered the clones. It simply made more sense. The republic was so close to creating an army before the Clone wars that padme thought that her not being on Coruscant would tilt the vote and that before the war even started. Followed by how large the Republic is (Coruscant alone at 1trillion) the idea the republic military is entirely clone is idiotic. Especially when Filoni has clones that took 10 years to train doing something like look at radar on a ship when you can train a conscript to do that in 90 days
>>
File: Temple.png (371KB, 357x380px) Image search: [Google]
Temple.png
371KB, 357x380px
>>53875656
>>
>>53875572
Ok, let's start from scratch- you put Lightweight Frame on unless you have a reason to put something else on.

For system, either put on Baffle if you intend to damage yourself via Push, FCS as the standard, or Advanced Sensors for arcdodging jank.

For Snap Shot, it works best with FCS, and is better the lower your pilot skill is.

Tech is situational.

What do you want your Quickdraw to do?
>>
File: Research LAb.png (336KB, 348x375px) Image search: [Google]
Research LAb.png
336KB, 348x375px
>>53875968
More Unknown Regions.
all of these also have modules associated with them.
>>
File: Verinos Camp.png (349KB, 351x381px) Image search: [Google]
Verinos Camp.png
349KB, 351x381px
>>53875994
they're pretty tiny maps but you might be able to vectorize some of them and blow them up that way. Or just deal with the blur.
>>
File: Hangar.png (287KB, 352x335px) Image search: [Google]
Hangar.png
287KB, 352x335px
>>53876033
>>
>>53874720
It wouldn't be any significantly different, because it would still have Palpatine at its head. It doesn't matter if it was a kingdom or a benevolent empire or a set of united city-states. With Palpatine at the head, all that matters is that the galaxy bows to his whims.

If it was a monarchy, presumably he would have been somewhere in line or would have forged documents to make it so that he's somewhere in line, then he would have sparked a war to kill off all those that were between himself and the throne.

An empire would be the same way. Look at Rome. Hell, Rome is literally one of the inspirations for the fall of the Republic and the creation of the Empire.
>>
>>53874720
I would imagine he'd have pulled a Wormtongue over someone in the line of succession, and then conveniently all the others died in the war oh no
>>
>>53873949
We actually "played" this scenario in another RPG.
>>53875674
Food fight?
>>53875851
I was considering this idea. Need to think about it.
>>
>>53875969
Shoot allot so he can easily get 2-3 attacks per round
>>
>>53877115
Ok, there are a couple of ways to do this-

The first option is to use Push the Limit and Electronic baffle- This is easy to do, but has a low amount of maximum skill. If you do it and your opponents can shoot at you, they will, as you can only use Quickdraw's ability once a turn. (Use QD's shields as deterrents normally)

The Second option is to use Draw Their Fire and FCS- You can take some damage off of your teammates and pop someone in the face after you shot them earlier (FCS for rerolls)

The third option is just making your attacks accurate- Run Expertise and FCS, and just roll up and say "I'll fuck you up if you shoot at me"

All of these are running LWF, and either Sensor Cluster or Pattern Analyzer for tech, depending if you want defense or flexibility.
>>
>>53875969
>you put Lightweight Frame on unless you have a reason to put something else on.

This is so, so wrong.
It's a scrub-trap dumpster fire of a card.
>>
File: mayonnaise.png (452KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
mayonnaise.png
452KB, 640x480px
Question about using OggDude's character sheet. I'm trying to add the specs from Disciples of Harmony using the custom specialization options. I've got it more or less down, but there's one thing I'm missing. How would I associate the custom specs with the Consular career? I don't see anything like that in the options.
>>
>>53827084
Rules question for X-wing, if anyone can help.

Player A(ndrew) is playing Imperials, and has Major Rhymer with Snap Shot and Tactician- this lets him snap shot at range 2, and tactician people when he shoots them

He's playing against Player B(ob) who has both a ship with Kanan Jarrus and a ship with a Pattern Analyzer

Bob's Kanan Falcon lands in Andrew's Snap Rhymer's firing arc at range 2- What happens?

On another turn, Bob's Pattern-Analyzer T-70 lands in Rhymer's firing arc at range 2- What happens here?

How do those 3 upgrades interact?

Does Kanan Jarrus let you take off a stress from Busta Rhymer's snap shot? Is it initiative dependent? Would you get an action that turn?

Does Pattern Analyzer let you take an action the turn Busta Rhymer shoots you with Tactician Snap Shots? Does it depend on initiative?

Thanks in advance!
>>
>>53877332
Found it! Just had to edit the Career, not the Specialization.
>>
>>53877318
Alright, do you have any suggestions Anon?
>>
>>53877318
What would you suggest then, o-apparent-x-wing-wizard? Quick Draw is a 34 to 37 point ship if you leave the mod slot open, and it makes you drastically more durable for just 2 points.

On Meta Analyzer, it's the third most popular upgrade for QD, and #1 is the free mandatory title, while #2 is FCS.

It's a great card on a ~35+ point 6 HP ship.
>>
>>53877390
Pretty sure you resolve the whole move before the shot happens, so you'd move the ship, do the pattern analyzer action if it's the T-70, then check pilot stress, then Kanan removes a stress if it was a white move on the Falcon, then Rhymer's shot happens, then the ship performs or doesn't perform a normal action depending on the stress.
>>
>>53877527
That would mean that in both of these scenarios, Bob's ship will end up stresses and actionless.

Time to build a squad around Busta Rhymer-shame he's overpriced and costs more than Tomax.
>>
>>53877390

>He's playing against Player B(ob) who has both a ship with Kanan Jarrus and a ship with a Pattern Analyzer

Snap Shot occurs after the target executes a maneouver. This occurs BEFORE the action phase but AFTER the "Check Stress Step" so it wouldn't matter if they had Kanan, Kanan has already gone off in the Check Stress Step, so he get's stressed as usual. Just as he would if he had taken a green maneouver.

Pattern Analyzer is a fucker though.
It states:
>When executing a maneuver, you may resolve the "Check Pilot Stress" step after the "Perform Action" step (instead of before that step).

Sooo... Rhymer would still stress the T70 after it executed it's maneouver, and it cannot take an action because it's stressed. BUT if that maneouver was Green, it would then LOSE that Stress Token AFTER it's Action Step because the "Check Stress" Step occurs AFTER the Execute a Maneouver part of the T-70 Activation.

I'm 99% sure I've got this, but it's late and the hottest day of the year right now so if I've got it wrong I don't care.
>>
>>53877595
>>53877527

Execute Maneouver occurs BEFORE the Perform Action step. See the rulebook.

>>53877671

Has it right.
>>
>>53877595
>>53877697
You are correct, I misremembered Pattern Analyzer as moving the Perform Action before the Check Pilot Stress which would make the action part of the maneuver but since it moves CPS after Perform Action the snap shot would trigger before the action.
>>
>>53877491
He was referring to the Tie Striker.
>>
>>53877706

No problem. This is probably the most complex situation you could see in this game.
>>
>>53877709

If he is he's replying to the wrong fucking post - that guy was completely talking about QD
>>
>>53877441
>>53877491

My bad. Lightweight Frame is rock solid on the TIE/sf.

I was thinking of some other scenario, or something.
>>
>>53877709
It's still pretty good on any of the TIE Strikers, especially ships like Pure Sabacc.

It's bad on a punisher and non-shuttle bombers.
>>
>>53877725
>>53877706
>>53877671
>>53877697

If Kanan and the Pattern Analyzer were effecting the ship, would a white move have the same strange chain of events?

(No Stress and no action being the end result if you do a green move into a Rhymer Tactician Snap Shot with Pattern Analyzer)
>>
>>53874720
I think it'd still be relatively the same, but it would depend on Palpatine's views on its leaders as to whether or not he'd try to overthrow them or just convince them to join him. He himself always wanted to be at the top even if his power had to be shared, so he'd either find a way to assert himself to the front or do a Tojo while the head of government was just a figurehead.
>>
>>53878293

>It's bad on a punisher

Nah. It's way better on the Punisher that it is on the Striker.

This just comes down to math. The more times a ship is likely to be shot at before being destroyed, the more effect Lightweight Frame is likely to have.

So for instance, it takes a minimum of nine TLT shots to knock down a Punisher. You have a decent chance of evading a few of those shots with Lightweight Frame, and almost no chance at all of evading any of them without it.
>>
>>53869626
>I'm not so sure that's canon anymore.

This shouldn't be an argument.

It's not hard to unanimously say "Fuck Disney" and ignore whatever pathetic excuses of lore they try to crank out
>>
>>53871947
No, in the core rulebook it says 6 seconds, give or take. Definitley less than 30 seconds.
>>
>>53878474
It also depends how likely that ship is to have a focus token on defense to spend, and the bonus of each agility die is greater the more you already have against TLT. This also applies the less health each ship has- each point of health is worth more. The issue is that it's only really usable on a couple ships, and that it doesn't always trigger.

If it always worked, the more points per HP you pay, the more valuable it is as you get more dice- when on a low HP ship, no damage is acceptable.

Really, it's a weird card.Mods generally have opportunity costs, in that most ships want a specific one, so competition is fierce on the Bomber/Punisher with the 2 free munitions upgrades.

LWF Decimators when?

It's a decent defensive upgrade on everything that can take it, the question is "is this worth 2 points and my mod slot?"

Probably should have cost a little less for the striker though- 3 green is nice when they have focus+evade support though
>>
>>53878651

>LWF Decimators when?

Closest equivalent would be when/if they did the TIE Reaper which would probably have a 1-2 AGI and would be applicable for the mod slot and maybe nothing better to put it.
>>
>>53878651
It's good on the higher PS Strikers not named Countdown- they are very likely to get into people's faces to shoot at range 1, every die counts.

On Pure Sabacc the cruise missile? Take that shit.
On PS 1 trainees? Ehh.....
>>
I'm having some issues figuring out how crafted droids work. First, if I make a Minion version, its skills go into Group Skills. If the minion assisted a PC, would the PC get the upgraded dice?

Second, if I make a droid (of whatever type), does it gain skills or points to spend like players? Or is there anyway to "upgrade" it? I'm trying to figure out if I can make a little droid assistant for crafting purposes (like the little remote that followed Bao-Dur around in Kotor II)
>>
>>53878596
>>53871947
>>53838642
Here is a picture as proof.
>>
>>53877706
>>53877697
>>53877595
>>53877527
>>53877671

For the Kanan scenario, if kanan does a white move into Snap shot range, wouldn't initiative determine if he gets stressed or not?

Kanan- "Kanan’s ability triggers after the Clean Up substep of the Execute Maneuver step"

Snap Shot is after you execute a maneuver-

Does Kanan happen within the execute maneuver step, or is he immediately after it?

His card says "After", so wouldn't this be based on initiative?
>>
>>53878846
Ah, you're looking at d20/RCR/Saga. It's six seconds in those because it was six seconds in D&D 3.x, which Star Wars d20/RCR/Saga was based off of.

FFG is a bit looser with the time for a round, which is where the confusion is coming from. I don't have my rulebooks handy and don't feel like downloading them to check.
>>
>>53878346
I guess it comes down to whether Kanan resolves before Snap Shot or after it since they both as written occur at the same time. Normally for simultaneous shit it comes from the same player, like Kanan + Falcon title, so the controlling player decides the order but I suspect it works differently since the effects are coming from opposing players. If Kanan triggers first it would work like:
>Move ship
>Check Pilot Stress (deferred by Pattern Analyzer)
>Kanan triggers if the move is white
>Snap shot happens
>Stress assigned by Tactician
>Perform Action (Blocked by stress)
>Check Pilot Stress removes stress on a green
So it ends up with no action and no stress on a green, or no action and stress on a white. If it works like dice mods where the opponent resolves first then it looks like:
>Move ship
>Check Pilot Stress (deferred by Pattern Analyzer)
>Snap shot happens
>Stress assigned by Tactician
>Kanan triggers if the move is white
>Perform Action (Blocked by stress)
>Check Pilot Stress removes stress on a green
So both white and green moves would result in no action and no stress.

Does anywhere specify what happens with simultaneous effects from opposing players?
>>
>>53878987
If 2 opposing players have effects that resolve at the same time, whomever has initiative must resolve theirs first.

That's why initiative bids get so crazy- you want to be able to control who gets to do shenanigans.
>>
>>53878987
Actually on a white move in the second case that would mean the Kanan ship still gets to perform an action too.
>>53879008
So in this case the Rhymer player actually wouldn't want initiative, because if he has it then his stress doesn't get to stick around on a green and on a white it effectively does nothing at all.
>>
>>53868243
>they don't get tired or scared.

Actually, going by the prequels and Clone Wars, the droid armies had some serious ability to feel fear.

And their batteries run down.
>>
>>53878651

>He wants to fly Decimators

Just fucking leave. Leave the thread. Leave the meta. Leave the world.

360 turrets don't belong in a dogfighting game. Never did, never will.
>>
>>53868623
piloting
>>
>>53879127
>360 turrets don't belong in a dogfighting game. Never did, never will.

The main reason FFG never corrected this mistake is that it makes the game more accessible to shitters. E.G. 95% of humanity.
>>
>>53879127

>360 turrets

You probably never should have gotten in in the first place then.
>>
>>53879229

It's literally the only game with a player base.
>>
>>53879229

I got in before C3P0 was printed.

What do?
>>
>>53879051
That's why the system is whomever has the cheaper list chooses who has initiative- I tend to defer it when flying Quickdraw and Aces.
>>
>>53879362

I mean, you're fine? turret mechanisms are different than fat PWTs. If you're against 360 shooting at all then X-Wing has literally never been the game for you - Wave 1 kicked it off with Ion Cannon Turret.

And since that established rules for "turreted" attacks, I'd argue that both then and now it makes no sense for consistency to treat the idea of a "primary weapon" which is turreted as different. This is also without getting into overcomplicating the mechanics - ships like the Falcon actually have two turrets which track fairly quickly and independently, and no other form of "primary" attack, as opposed to the Lancer, which is a ship with mostly forward guns and a single rotating top gun (which gets Fire Arc: All in the RPG anyway).
>>
>>53878954
ah yes, sorry should have realized. Anon originally asked for homebrew rules and based on the info i shared mine.
>>
>>53879682

Anyone pro-turret simply can't fly for shit and is bad at the maneuver game. Which is, as it turns out, the only interesting part of the game - because the rest is just rolling dice.
>>
>>53879870

Well, then the game was designed from the start for people to be able to be bad at maneuvers.
>>
File: 76e5g6qrog4z.jpg (62KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
76e5g6qrog4z.jpg
62KB, 540x960px
I'm gonna shit a brick if this turns out to actually work.
>>
>>53880571

It probably isn't. An FAQ will probably clarify, but I think the order of operations means you can't drop four bombs from each punisher before the game starts - because it requires you to basically pick to discard any number of bomb upgrades and then EM kicks in and saves those discards via token - but I don't think you can "re pick" the same bombs you already attempted to discard.

So it would only be 6 sets of cluster mines at the start - and with no Sabine or Cad Bane to enhance the damage. If you actually make it out of the dragnet then you've only got 3 Punishers with UG to kill.
>>
>have continually shat on regular opponent
>he brings imperial boba fett+navigator with ALL THE WEAPON UPGRADES THAT CAN FIT ON THE SHIP
>feel bad about always winning, try to build subpar scum list with khiraxz, syck, y-wing with title and range 1 cannon, and a headhunter with no upgrades
>make some suboptimal but not outright bad maneuvers
>he flies fett right in front of all my ships onto a rock and has his carnor jax zoom around not facing or even nearby my ships

He refuses to believe that he's spending too many points on a goddamn imperial boba fett

How do I make this still fun.
>>
>>53881143

>How do I make this still fun.

I dunno, pull out all your dumbest jank and have fun with it. Do stuff just for giggles. Run punishers, generic Interceptors or StarVipers, run HLC Lambdas, whatever you feel like. Then when he wins tell him how fucking AWFUL whatever you flew was.

It's either that or slap him until he comes to his senses that this is not how X-Wing should be played.
>>
>>53881143
help he is spending 57 points on an imperial boba fett
>>
>>53880571
It's a shame there's no way to get longer than range 3 weapons in standard play to take potshots at people trapped inside a mine bubble. I could see something like that being really good in epic play though, especially for scum with Nym's minefield smokescreening abilities, though they only get the one ship able to do that and that means a pretty weak minefield setup. Some cheap C-ROCs or Gozantis with ion batteries or turbolasers blasting into people trying to navigate a minefield menagerie would be hilarious to watch.
>>
>>53881143
You could fly a similar list based around the same idea of Imperial Boba but less loaded down. Do you think he keeps seeing 1big+1small ship lists and thinks "ah, this is clearly the way of FFG's X-Wing" and so forces that type on his own squadron?
>>
>>53881267
This last game, he took the 57(?) point Fett, a Carnor Jax with PTL, targeting computer, and a twin ion mk 2, and a stock acadamy tie

I don't know how to help him. Also I think he may have been one point over.
>>
>>53881316
Do you guys just play together or do you go to stores?
>>
File: aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh.png (73KB, 936x552px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh.png
73KB, 936x552px
>>53881370
He at the beginning expressed interest at going to stores but I've been his only opponent so far. I've only ever played with friends but do like to watch competitive play.

I guess just tell me how to lose to this shit without making it look obvious
>>
File: 1463074590965.jpg (220KB, 1200x747px) Image search: [Google]
1463074590965.jpg
220KB, 1200x747px
>>53881457
I think the best thing is for your friend to play against other people as well as you. One person giving you advice is easy to ignore even if you don't mean to, but hearing it from several makes it a lot more meaningful, and knowing your typical X-Wing player group they'll do it in a helpful way instead of just "you suck, get good." It'll also give some more variety and playstyles to compare his squadron to, and hopefully see more clearly what he's doing wrong not just with the list but with his play.

You can also try to emphasize that being stressed or ioned is detracting, but unto itself it does not kill ships. It's totally relatable to want to load up a ship you like with all the things, because you like the ship, but sometimes the simpler lists are the hardest, so you could try playing games with none/minimal upgrades to show what you can do with a bare bones ship and compare it to the one with all the upgrades. I've been playing XW for about 3 years and I love synergy shenanigans, but one of my favorite squads ever since TFA has been 4 generic PS2 T-70's with a 1pt R2 astromech and Integrated.

There's a philosophy I heard about strategy a long time ago but it relates to a lot of things; That the strategy(or thing in question) is complete not when you can no longer add anything to it, but when you can no longer take anything away.
Thread posts: 343
Thread images: 69

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.