[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tg/ does your group lack cohesion, do you have a resident that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0411.jpg (184KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0411.jpg
184KB, 970x545px
/tg/ does your group lack cohesion, do you have a resident that guy? I present to you my method for dealing with these problems and others.
>>
>>53818822
tell us your ways
>>
File: giant cock.jpg (181KB, 908x960px) Image search: [Google]
giant cock.jpg
181KB, 908x960px
>>53818822
I can't wait to hear this. This is going to be great.
>>
File: Varg's Sandniggers.png (400KB, 938x536px) Image search: [Google]
Varg's Sandniggers.png
400KB, 938x536px
>>
>>53818822
Don't play with shitty people?
>>
>First the setting.
Your players are a tribe of Stone Age humans. The way this differs from our world is simple. Homo Sapiens existed during the time of the dinosaurs. Life is short, food we take for granted like berries and fruit hasn't evolved yet, and everything is bigger than your players

> The game.
Anything that is able to run a prehistory campaign is usable. Though I prefer gurps, due to its brutal combat and realism.
>characters.
I like to let my players have guidlines for making characters in this setting. This lets no one person slog behind the rest of the group. Although I recommend allowing some freedom.
>>
>>53818977
Well thank you for wasting our time.
>>
>>53818977
>why this works
This system works by combating certain types of players.

>First: the lone wolf
That one guy who loves to split the party. In other settings this player can survive and be edgy on his own. In this world, life is especially short for those who leave the pack. You leave the pack you get eaten by something big.
>second: the lolrandom player
Every member of this world is strong. You rob anouther player, you either get killed and eaten by a dinosaur, or stabbed by your angry tribe. Same comes from attacking npcs, sure you killed him but his tribe is coming for you.
>>
>>53818977
>>53819169
This also enforces good behaviors.
>teamwork
Everything around you is bigger and more vicious than you. The only way to secure more food is to work together,
> deep thinking
Sometimes even working as a team doesn't secure food, at these times you have to use your head. This forces your players to be in the game and work out problems smartly.
>>
>>53818977
>>53819169
>>53819451
Yawn/10.
>>
Your solution to bad players to always run the same game, essentially turning you into a bad master.
>>
Your solution is to make bad players's characters die quickly during the game preventing them messing it up, when you could've just not let them in to begin with.
>>
>>53819538
>>53819569
I don't always run the same game. Th game I have suggested is built to teach them important skills needed in all ttrpgs.
The brutal difficultly isn't targeted to the characters. Rather my game works this way to teach my players that the world isn't skyrim, doing stupid stuff and trying to take everyone on alone is a horrible idea. You sit down and tell them that your world works like the real world, nothing is scaled to you, only by wit and teamwork can you thrive.

In perceptive my games work like dark souls rather than skyrim. In dark souls the world doesn't care about you, you stumble into the wrong area you will die, but if you have enough skill even a weak character can do amazing things.
>>
>>53820682
This is useless to anyone but you, anon. You haven't presented the mechanical balance points, the ways this survives OOC tension or even how this maintains player interest.

You've essentially told us "I have asshole players who play my prehistoric high-mortality game". Good for you?
>>
>>53820682
Ok, you know bait threads? Those are terrible. Detrimental to the board, and generally just breed contention...

But at least They're interesting enough to cause discussion. This is just... bland. It's not even anything. It's just a hyperspecific campaign setting with no real purpose other than just you bragging about... nothing worth bragging.

If you want the reality, the only reason you hear about That Guy is because That Guy does something worth causing a story. The truth is that a majority of campaigns with participating /tg/ members are normal, coherent campaigns that are quite enjoyable to people playing, but aren't worth mentioning on here.
>>
>>53820984
I'm just sharing what has helped me make fun players.
If anyone else has any tips feel welcome to share them.

Have you had any really good or bad players?
>>
quit this boring ass posting and play wolf packs and winter snow
>>
problems of my group
1. Too fucking big, like 8 people big
2. Narcissistic faggots Monopolizes roleplay
3. Normies. Everything is AHAHAHHAHA FUNNEEEY
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.