[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey, /lit/izen here, playing d&d for the first time later.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

hey, /lit/izen here,

playing d&d for the first time later. suggestions for building and playing pic
>>
Start asap, as a first time player familiarity with the system rules will help the game run smoothly. Pick a concept before a class but bear in mind that you will want to create a character with a certain wanderlust. Lean into the game rather than resisting it.

>inb4 don't play d&d
>>
>>53797598
hegel? wizard?
>>
>>53797598
I'd build him as a Bard, make Oratory your main performance skill, that way you can preach philosophy to your allies and give them bonuses by doing so.
>>
>>53797598
>Unity and struggle of opposites
paladin/warlock bladelock
>>
>>53797598
If you're playing fifth edition, just take the Sage background and pick professor as your speciality.

Hegel didn't really live a life of adventure, so it's hard to pin a character class on him.
>>
>>53797598
Maybe a necromancer/cleric or paladin?
Hegel's not exactly about good and evil but those are pretty strong opposites and it'd be interesting to see how you can synthesize them. I'm an anphil though so i don't know too much about bagel. Look through the books for two opposites you'd be interested in balancing into something new. That's classwise anyway, if you're trying to make a philosopher then get the UA (unearthed arcana) feat for int history checks(i think there is one)
I think there's a wizard or something school that deals with history but i may be thinking of pathfinder. You might be interested in UA artificers as well.
>>
>>53797598
play a paladin that worships a state god. a totalitarian lunatic. that should fit the bill nicely.
>>
File: 1489269242965.jpg (27KB, 640x480px)
1489269242965.jpg
27KB, 640x480px
>>53798371
>current year
>not being contphil
>>
>>53798459
>thinking your ungroundable conjectures are worth reading by anyone and will result in anything more than a 20 year cultural fad
>>
>>53797598
Stop going to /lit/. You're free now, you finally have a reason to come to /tg/.

The Stat Me threads are our excuse to start talking about television, comucs or movies while viewing them through the lense of /tg/, though also sometimes books if there's enough illustrations of particular characters.

Most questions about books can be phrased as worldbuilding questions. These may lead to interesting settings, but they're also used to talk about the books in general.

If it's straight up Fantasy, historical, or Sci-Fi you don't even need the excuse, just ask what /tg/ thinks of it and you'll get some discussion going.

The Storythreads are where actual writing gets done, in case you want to read something new, and we occasionally have someone write original pieces of fiction in other threads such as Love and Krieg, or the Space Borrower's.

So, wake up, realize that your board is just a filter for pseudo-intellectuals, and join in on the real discussion.

As for Hegel... Cleric of Knowledge, which will give you the wide spread of skills across Wisdom and Int to really emulate his philosophy. Have him worship an abstract philosophy rather than a specific god.
>>
divination wizard?
>>
File: 1495598595832.png (394KB, 493x639px)
1495598595832.png
394KB, 493x639px
>>53797598
DAILY REMINDER: CONTINENTAL PHILSOPHY IS BASICALLY NAZIS, COMMUNISTS, AND FEMINISTS TRYING TO DESTROY WESTERN CIVILIZATION.

so how do we make a character based on the progenitor of the nazis and communists?
race: orc
class:barbarian
>>
>>53802639
get out of here, liberal!
>>
File: torch.jpg (39KB, 1400x788px)
torch.jpg
39KB, 1400x788px
>>53803100
FREEDOM, BITCH.
freedom will always be superior to slavery.
freedom = meritocracy
meritocracy = prosperity
the societies you desire, will always fail because they are mechanically inferior.

i get it. you majored in continental philosophy. you have a masters or PHD but you cannot produce a single thing that anyone wants to buy. you have no marketable skills. you are inferior to this guy (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL6AMBZfno0), a literal fucking redneck. in ancient times, he would be a peasant, a serf. but in the era of freedom, this peasant can use reason, and science to improve the lives of 10s of millions of people. and be rightly rewarded for that effort.

how DARE this farmer be rewarded more than a PHD in philosophy?! doesnt society realize that you KNOW what is right? and you KNOW how to live? why does it not realize your GREATNESS?!

why are you living life as an adjunct professor, on $30k a year, at best. while a serf is making hundreds of thousands of dollars? it must be humiliating, a god damned redneck outperforming you, with all your education, and privilege.

so naturally, you seek to correct this injustice. you cannot compete on merit, because you have no skills. so you must rely on force.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.