[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>GM's plot is just a platform to express their thinly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 373
Thread images: 50

File: Face 2 Face.jpg (33KB, 652x360px) Image search: [Google]
Face 2 Face.jpg
33KB, 652x360px
>GM's plot is just a platform to express their thinly veiled political opinions
>>
Figure out what their opinion is, play the opposite.
>>
>>53791107
Semi-related. Our usual DM is pretty fundie and tried to get the party riled up because a big cities government had outlawed carrying weapons larger than a dagger in the city. I shouted "THEY'RE GONNA TAKE OUR SWORDS!!!" in a hick accent. Everyone laughed, no one cared, and he never did anything that heavyhanded again.
>>
Our GM abruptly derailed our big fantasy dungeon crawler to pit us up against Donald Trump except a goblin named "Dooga Drumpf" and his "Cult of the Tiny Hand God"

I didn't even vote for the guy, but not liking Trump doesn't mean that I wanted our almost year-long game to suddenly get sidetracked by "Dooga Drumpf is gonna build a wall to keep out all the gnomes xd"

Everyone else at the table thinks this is the funniest shit but I just want to get back to hunting the vampire lord we were hunting five months back. He was a threat we had been building up all campaign, and now he's "in hiding" so we can fight Dooga Drumpf for months worth of "sideplot" sessions.
>>
how often do you think it is that they don't know that they're doing a political screed. they're just creating fiction that reflects how they see the world
>>
>>53791233
that sounds like the worst ever holy shit
>>
>>53791233
That's the GM version of making a character based on a flavor of the month anime. Except worse, because there's no way to avoid it, and no one you can talk to to make him quit it.
>>
>>53791233
>it's the children that are wrong.
If everyone else enjoyed it and you don't give a fuck about politics, then continue to not give a fuck and move on afterwards.
>>
Are you sure they have a political platform?

They might just be an ideologue.
>>
>>53791233
why are liberals the worst at insults? imagine the reaction you would get from lib players is some polster went wild with some anti obama or killery dungeon kek
>>
>>53791320
>not giving a fuck about politics means it can't ruin your entertainment
>>
>>53791233
>local vampire lord assumes puppet domination of the local government
>starts importing race of ultra violent ratmen and rat women
>all the nobles think it's great, and filthy uneducated commoners need to get with the times
>meanwhile commoners being killed/raped at the market daily. home invasions.
>government begins evicting people to provide adequate housing for the rats
>PC's have to resurrect Dooga Drumpf in order to defeat the vampire lord and build a giant rat trap before the commonfolk are all killed
>>
File: fire.jpg (175KB, 1200x602px) Image search: [Google]
fire.jpg
175KB, 1200x602px
>>53791107
That's the entire setting of Eclipse Phase in a nutshell
>>
>shitposter uses /tg/ as a platform for their thinly veiled /pol/ threads
>>
File: 1497108711053.jpg (102KB, 540x759px) Image search: [Google]
1497108711053.jpg
102KB, 540x759px
>>53791233
>>53791354
>you must defeat the half ape/half mudshark beastman king and his cursed (after mistakenly putting on a girdle of femininity) bodyguard before he has time to spark a race war in your kingdom
>>
>>53791561
>half ape/half mudshark beastman king
That actually sounds pretty badass.
>>
>>53791107
>OP's thread is just a platform to express his thinly veiled love of dicks and politics after his last five threads didn't quell his lust for shitposting
>>
>>53791561
>half ape/half mudshark
So he's just a gay black man?
>>
>>53791338
They're always ideologues. As are most people with political "views"
>>
>>53791146
You just have to play a Nazi every time.
>>
> enemy is white
Racism!
> enemy is black
Racism!
> enemy is non-human
Thinly veiled racism!

Also >>>/pol/
>>
File: SquireMale.png (170KB, 428x533px) Image search: [Google]
SquireMale.png
170KB, 428x533px
>>53791641
the twist is that the beastmen king is weak and has no power. hes just a puppet thats been propped up by the merchant guild of the kingdom to sow chaos for them to capitalize on and to put one of their own (the assassin known only as Killery) on the throne
>>
>>53791107
I can't tell, is this another thinly veiled /pol/ general thread? There have been a bunch of them lately it seems.
>>
>>53791500
>party imports cute catfolk after launching an anti-discrimination campaign
>nobles literally can't complain because they're brainwashed to think all diversity is great
>catfolk eat rats in the streets. total carnage
>party hailed as heroes by common folk and nobility
>>
File: 1455235770662.jpg (132KB, 472x329px) Image search: [Google]
1455235770662.jpg
132KB, 472x329px
>>53791853
of course
>>
File: 1492970154642.jpg (327KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1492970154642.jpg
327KB, 900x900px
>>53791107
>OP's post is just a platform to start a /pol/ shitstorm to express his thinly veiled /pol/-troll-faggotry.
>>
File: 1374030103063.jpg (95KB, 754x538px) Image search: [Google]
1374030103063.jpg
95KB, 754x538px
>GM's plot expresses the exact opposite of their political opinions
>>
Let's try and make this into something worthwhile.

Everyone in the thread put out a personal belief, creed or ideal they espouse to, and we can make a village or city out of it. Create an entire kingdom of contradictory or ideologically opposed people, then see what happens when they actually interact with each other. Assume the kingdom works under a system where one representative of each town is sent to debate for policy.
>>
>>53791354
>why are liberals the worst at insults?
I mean "obummer", "obongo", and "killary" aren't any better than "drumpf".

And I don't know. I'm somewhat fond of Twitler and Mango Mussolini.
>>
>>53792275
I'd say anarcho primitivists, but those are just elves.
>>
>>53792278
I don't know why Tronald Dump hasn't caught on.
>>
>>53791107
>OP's thread is a platform to express their thinly veiled political opinions
>>
>>53791107
MONARCHIST>REPUBLICAN DOGS

French revolution, worse day of my life.
>>
>>53792537
unironically this
>>
>>53792278
Obummer is the worst.
You can practically smell the 60-year-old on it
>>
File: 1413832199794.jpg (58KB, 554x390px) Image search: [Google]
1413832199794.jpg
58KB, 554x390px
>>53791660
>try to play the Nazi to get the politics to stop
>now we're a party of Thule society sorcerers and SS officers hunting for Hitler's frozen corpse in the center of the hollow earth
>>
File: 14255867046345.jpg (152KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
14255867046345.jpg
152KB, 640x720px
>>53792612

>boomer too scared of his pet niggers to call them niggers but mad that the most powerful person in the world got there by being a black who could manage to put on a suit
>>
>>53792275

The hobos need to stay out of the downtown core. I dont want them pesteting people for money and I have sabotaged several attempts at that by destroying their signs or calling rent a cops.
>>
>>53792741
give em the ol spicy copper
>>
File: 1487793657086.jpg (13KB, 323x241px) Image search: [Google]
1487793657086.jpg
13KB, 323x241px
>>53791233
Don't get me wrong. My group loves to talk shit about Trump all the time out of character, and I even join in to make fun of the less talked-about mistakes he has made, but we only make fun of him four times a night at most, usually two, and our group hates doing stories that are too blatantly political.

>>53792278
>Mango Mussolini
I am one of those two-shoes that screech angrily at comparisons to despots such as Hitler, but my chortles betray me!
>>
>>53792278
Drumpf is at least what his family name was before it got changed to Trump. It might be dumb, but it's not something they just made up like obummer or obongo.
>>
>>53791107
Could always be worse anon. At least your not dealing with Marvel "MODOK is now a giant Trump Head" borderline propaganda.

If all else fails, go Full Henderson on the thing and see what happens.
>>
>>53792275
The problem is not truly a question of what gender one is attracted to or what gender one identifies as, but why we even have gender as a concept any more. Biological sex is a useful piece of information for medical purposes and breeding compatibility, but nothing more. Gender serves no true social function in the vast majority of contexts, and isn't worth keeping around.

In terms of a setting, this translates to a circumstance in which, while sexual dimorphism may or may not be discernible depending on the clothing worn, there are no gender divisions in any space. Be it clothing styles, expected familial roles, average salary, expected social roles, pronouns, or even bathroom use, everything aside from basic biology and medical issues operates on a monogendered system.
>>
>>53792762
I prefer Cheeto Benito.
>>
>>53791290
Just gotta wait until the show gets cancelled.
>>
>>53792537
Monarchy is a shitty way of deciding who is in charge. Look at the few kingdoms left where the king actually has real power, like Saudi Arabia. Is that the sort of country that you really want?
>>
>>53792780
I can't think of Drumpf without thinking of a caricature of Jon Oliver blurting "Drumpf." Still not as dumb as most of the Obama names.
>>
>>53792877
Did we even have insulting names for Dubya?

Or was that back when politics were still something approaching civil, instead of the pointlessly contrarian clusterfuck like what we have to slog through today?
>>
File: HahahaLaugh.jpg (32KB, 640x679px) Image search: [Google]
HahahaLaugh.jpg
32KB, 640x679px
>>53791107

Our usual GM has sort of involved the King of the central kingdom in our campaign, who happens to be named Donald and has a tendency to use words like 'great' and 'tremendous' a lot- though we have yet to do anything but exchange a couple of letters with him. We basically just lodged a complaint against a local duke regarding some impropriety. We'll see where it goes, I guess.

I actively avoid involving my personal political opinions when I GM, since I never shut up about them when we're not playing and I imagine everyone gets tired of hearing what I think about it. That's pretty easy with a properly medieval fantasy, since any political thought more current than Locke and Rousseau would be mostly irrelevant.
>>
>>53792275
Individuals should not be power players in their own right. No one should be able to amass enough wealth to become a meaningful powerbroker that you could appeal to instead of a broad swath of the population. In this way, the only way for a leader to retain power is to maintain the support of most of the populace.
>>
>>53792907
Aside from Dubya, or occasionally Georgie, I can't really think of insulting names for Bush Jr.
>>
>>53792907

Shrub.
>>
>>53792278
I prefer "Orange-in-Chief" myself, but that's just me.

>>53792907
>Did we even have insulting names for Dubya?
Well, there were a lot of people making fun of him for his ears (seriously, the dude looked like a monkey sometimes), and far left progressive types were screeching about how Bush was Hitler back then, so no, it's always been a bit of a contrarian clusterfuck. The only problem now is one side seems to be reaching critical mass for absurd stupidity and is going to burn out (hopefully).
>>
I try to ignore all non in-game politics when playing and never allow politics in games I run. I'm not a faggot about it, but if someone doesn't get the hint that politics aren't to be discussed I'll tell them in private. Had one guy who was really good at the game who made a joke about Trump and Putin or something wihle we were playing; the joke being ignored and topics quickly being shifted clued him in I guess.

It's nothing personal and I don't factor my own beliefs into it either way, I just think there's few ways to faster tear apart a group and cause animosity than discussing real-world politics in a game where you're supposed to be killing orcs, investigating intrigue, and looting treasure.
>>
>>53791107
I'll gladly take it over:
>GM's plot is just a platform to express their thinly veiled sexual fetishes.
>>
File: don't need the bipod.jpg (283KB, 1542x2048px) Image search: [Google]
don't need the bipod.jpg
283KB, 1542x2048px
>>53792671
See, but that sounds like a grand old time. Playing a bunch of sneering Republic serial villains getting chased around by the Vril, kidnapping heroic lady archaelogists and having deadly duels over pits of lava with square-jawed American heroes, betraying each other, getting eaten by the giant monster we summon that we were sure we could control... sounds like a blast!
>>
>>53792912
>I actively avoid involving my personal political opinions
I actually try to make sure that each sympathetic nation ends up with at least some political stances that I personally disagree with. Because I know that I'll unconsciously give them ones that I do agree with, and shoving in stuff I don't like ends up giving them more depth. Now, I'll admit that I sometimes soften things in some areas--for instance, I just wrote a section on the caste system in one nation, in which caste and social class are entirely distinct, rather than one dictating the other--but, in some ways, having an "acceptable" version of something that you don't like is still forcing you to compromise with the thing itself.
>>
>>53792848
Who cares what the Saudis do?

Give me a King who hails from my race and tribe, and I shall follow him into the abyss.
>>
>>53792953
>it's always been a bit of a contrarian clusterfuck
It got worse after McGovern "reformed" politics. Compromise used to be much more viable and much more common.
>>
>>53792953
>The only problem now is one side seems to be reaching critical mass for absurd stupidity and is going to burn out (hopefully)
Everyone on this board has a different opinion as to which side that is.
>>
>>53791107

So, every game ever, then.
>>
>>53792981
We tried that for centuries. It created a really shitty system in which all the wealth and power was even more concentrated in the hands of a few noble families than it is today. Personally, I like having a government that is more responsive to the desires of the people than an aristocracy.
>>
>>53793007
>its absurd to want to protect yourself and your country
>you should accept these uneducated strangers with impossible to check backgrounds because......?

of course the actual answer is to drive down wages, that way everyone loses. yay for the left
>>
>>53792993
Compromise remained viable even after the McGovern-Fraser Commission. It wasn't until you got into the 1990s and the rise of Newt Gingrich that you really saw a ramping up of contrarianism that eventually led to the mess we have today.
>>
>>53792981
>>53793048

I'm a right-leaning Libertarian myself, but I believe the ideal statist system would be a meritocratic oligarchy fragmented into several departments, with each presiding over a certain area of government. The checks and balances system dialed up to eleven, combined with a modernized version of the ancient Chinese testing system on steroids, with a heavy helping of laissez faaire economy and a pinch of traditional nationalism.
>>
>>53793068
>drive down wages

lets not forget the easy to control and pander to voting block
>>
>>53793068
> its absurd to want to protect yourself and your country
Literally no one says this. The disagreement is on how to go about protecting the people of the country.
>>
>>53793157
> being this ignorant of what the left is saying
Just take a look at the garbage being churned out by the MSM. They're constantly screaming that anyone who wants to get the border back under control is Hitler.
>>
>>53793157
shhhh. let him have his strawman, or he'll just throw a bigger tantrum.
>>
>>53793157
>Literally no one says this

actually the meme that the left is rational is just that, a meme. the real life liberals iv talked to were more extreme and radical than most of the strawmen pol makes. as in they literally think it is absurd because "its not your country anyway" or that "your ancestors were bad so this is justice!". iv also heard the "white racism is bad but black racism is good" line in real life and unironically

t. californian
>>
>>53792966
Yeah it actually does sound like fun.
>>
>>53793007
>Everyone on this board has a different opinion as to which side that is
My money's on the ones the antifa types are currently running with, but that's just me.

>>53793205
>t. californian
>californian
There's your problem. Liberals in cali are stupidly progressive compared to the rest of the country. Hell, even on the Left Coast, they make the others look sane.

Actually, scratch that last sentence. My leftist nutjobs actually managed to out-Berkeley goddamn Berkeley recently over at Evergreen State University, so go figure.

t. Washingtonian
>>
>>53793157
> The disagreement is on how to go about protecting the people of the country.
Name one thing that the left wants to do to actually protect the country. One fucking thing. I'll save you the trouble, there isn't one. They actively work against the idea of nations and borders, trying to push their idiotic vision of a globalized world. Any attempt to defend against physical threats like Islam or economic ones like immigration is dismissed and its proponents belittled as racists, sexists, homophobes, islamophobes, and whatever else they are screeching about this week.

There isn't a disagreement about HOW to defend the country. You do that by fighting its enemies, not welcoming them in and letting them slaughter your people in the streets. The battle between the left and everyone else is because the left thinks that defending yourself is "outdated" and "backwards" and that we just need to force more diversity on white nations and that will somehow make everything better.
>>
>>53791320
>then continue to not give a fuck and move on afterwards

>months worth of "sideplot" sessions
You seem to think there is any moving on.
>>
>>53793205
>>53793273
Fucking this. The country would be so much better off if we just fucking nuked them already. They already openly flout our laws and attack US citizens who dare to disagree with them. If that's not treason, then what is?
>>
>>53793205

You should probably stop talking to the landwhales with brightly colored hair then, because liberals I've spoken to aren't that retarded.

t. Californian in LA
>>
>>53793137
The death of machine politics and closed-room deals is what enabled the rise of that kind of contrarianism, though.
>>
>>53793195
> strawman
It's not a strawman. Just turn on any MSM outlet and you'll see this stuff, plain as day. The left has lost its fucking mind, and the more they drift away from reality the more violent they become. Just look at what antifa has been doing in the last year. They're completely out of control, attacking people, destroying property, and actively blocking actual attempts to defend the country.
>>
>>53793320
> liberal
> aren't that retarded
Pick one.
>>
>>53793333
The US left haven't gone anywhere, and are advocating positions that would be centrist-right twenty years ago. It's not them that've moved, it's you.
>>
>>53791885
and as a bonus catgirls for all. I approve.
>>
>>53793297

What if we granted California and any states willing to join them complete political autonomy, but stopped sending them federal funds from the states that refused to join them, and states that refused to join them didn't receive federal funds from California and California-supporting states? We'd still be the same nation, allied in military matters, but able to govern our respective states as the populace deemed fit. That seems like a much more reasonable compromise.
>>
>>53793273
>My money's on the ones the antifa types are currently running with, but that's just me.
Certainly one perspective, but let's not forget that the Republican Party lost control of their own nomination process and ended up electing a buffoon.

Liberals on the streets are going batfuck crazy, while Democratic politicians tend to remain fairly consistent. Conservatives on the streets are arguably more sane, but their political party is buckling.
>>
>>53793366

> US left
> Centrist-right

Que?
>>
>>53793320
> t. Californian
Opinion discarded. You people don't matter anymore, the rest of the country has finally started to see through your bullshit ideology. Those shrill hags you support have become irrelevant and impotent. And once your ridiculous fraud is exposed, no one with any sense will allow you to take part in elections again. You've signed your own political death warrant with your insane pursuit of "social justice" and "equality."
>>
>>53793397
Are you familiar with politics in literally any country other than America?

Your Democrats aren't as far left as you think they are.
>>
>GMs plot is an exploration of Nietzschean philosophy
>>
>>53793380

I don't like Donald Trump, but he's a fucking cunning bastard. No idiot could manage to hide colluding with Russia so perfectly AND manage to takeover the government so handily. He's an evil genius, something straight out of /co/.
>>
>>53793379

Because at that point, you beg the question, "well why don't CA and friends just be their own nation, since they can just use the money that would've gone to footing Montana's medical bills on their own military?" Also, the federal budget, much like any government budget, isn't as simple as your household budget, and trying to split federal funding according to state source would be a nightmare.
>>
>>53792960
I was just about to ask which people would prefer dealing with. I think a few fetishes I could deal with better then anyone's political opinions.
>>
File: 5 sentences.jpg (53KB, 630x448px) Image search: [Google]
5 sentences.jpg
53KB, 630x448px
>>53791107
To be fair its actually quite fun to try and work out the stress of modern politics by thinking how to apply them to a game without going overboard. Take for example, a knighthood order with pic related as a tenant.
>>
>>53793379
That would be an incredibly unreasonable compromise, since each state does not necessarily contribute an equal amount of money.

>>53793398
>the largest state economy in the nation doesn't matter any more
>>
>>53793379
California would still be a massive blight sitting right next to the rest of the states, flooding them with illegals and the drugs that they bring with them. It's a cartel state, and you can't stop that just by cordoning it off from the rest of the country. It's an infection that needs to be cleaned, not left to fester.

Besides, why should we leave those west coast ports in the hands of a bunch of unproductives? Those could be very useful to the rest of the country if they were in the hands of people who actually work for a living. Better to roll in, cull the infestation, and resettle the area with actually sane, hard-working people.
>>
File: Beaver on Morality.png (2MB, 2218x1814px) Image search: [Google]
Beaver on Morality.png
2MB, 2218x1814px
>>53793447
Even a dip in philosophical bits can be useful.
>>
>>53793366
>>53793411
> literal marxists
> aren't as far left as you think they are
Fuck off europoor. Go back to rattling your sharia cage, the adults are talking.
>>
>>53793433

Hmm, why not allow conservative and progressive states to divide over the course of half a decade, similar to Brexit, and have both new nations remain allied?
>>
>>53793424
I hope this is a shitpost.
>>
File: Beaver on Equal-Oppertunity.png (1000KB, 1916x1166px) Image search: [Google]
Beaver on Equal-Oppertunity.png
1000KB, 1916x1166px
>>53793478
Such a thing can add the background for racial tensions between folk of a city or nation easily and give an understandable argument for each side. If handled well
>>
>>53793481
I can't recall the last time that a Democratic politician advocated anything that could reasonably described as "literal Marxism"
>>
File: laughing -4 STR.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
laughing -4 STR.png
490KB, 449x401px
>>53793398

>6th largest economy in the world
>The most electoral votes of any state by far
>>
>>53793450
> largest state economy
Largest welfare leech, with massive breeding grounds for shitskins who exist only to demand more gibs and vote for the dims. Name something useful that came out of commiefornia that couldn't have just as easily come from another state.
>>
File: Christianity.png (656KB, 1288x1732px) Image search: [Google]
Christianity.png
656KB, 1288x1732px
>>53793497
Perhaps a die hard group of crusaders seeking to restore the true message of their faith?
Definitely a plothook and could be allies or foes depending on the party.
>>
>>53793504
Because you do nothing but breed shitskins to get bigger population numbers and thus more electoral votes. Then you demand more welfare than any other state to pay for all those shitskins.
>>
>>53793483

Wasn't that kind of how the Roman Empire collapsed? You know, East and West Empires and all that?
>>
File: Turn the other cheek.png (381KB, 1380x511px) Image search: [Google]
Turn the other cheek.png
381KB, 1380x511px
>>53793512
>>
>>53793274
A big complaint against Hillary was that she was a neocon warhawk that would invade more countries in the middle east and the little good press Trump has gotten came after he dropped missiles in Syria
obama droned and deported more people than anyone
the idea of islam as the religion of peace was an invention of George W Bush and the no borders liberal idealoegy was espoused by both Ronald Reagan and Margaret Thatcher
>>
>>53793274
>>53793333

Every border defense option I see proposed barely does shit to actually defend the country though.

>build an expensive, multi-billion dollar wall to keep the illegals out
>50% of illegals are visa overstays that the wall wouldn't stop
>of the other 50% the wall wouldn't stop the tunnels or ladders
>actual border patrol agents don't even want a wall, they want more boots on the ground

Better solution involves overhauling the visa tracking system, more agents, and better border security technology that allows for detection of tunnels. Unfortunately that shit doesn't get through because everyone keeps going back to the stupid ass wall.

>travel ban on countries "likely to export terror"
>list doesn't include actual countries that export terror
>doing so anyway would piss of allies in the middle east
>a travel ban does nothing about natural born US citizens who decide to go full retard, aka the guys who have done every recent US-based attack
>travel ban reinforces the dumb "us vs them" shit that helps ISIS recruit

This shit is completely pointless, it's a feel good measure to trick yourself into thinking you've done a good job to defend the nation but you haven't done a damn thing.

Man I want to defend the country, but every simple solution put forward is either supremely inefficient (high cost for minimal gain) or does absolutely nothing. The problem is that there doesn't seem to be a quick and dramatic solution, just a bunch of unpopular Fabian strategies that require a bunch of time and are therefore unpopular.
>>
>>53793507

A massive portion of the Aerospace industry.

>>53793527
>Yet California pays more in federal taxes than it receives.
>>
>>53793507
>Name something useful that came out of *insert literally any state here* that couldn't have just as easily come from another state.

Ooh Look! I can play your game too!

Also, it's not exactly a secret that despite the "inner city welfare queens draining muh tax dollars" narrative the right loves, it's actually the red states that are the fiscal drain on this nation.
>>
>>53793500
> hurr durr what is obamacare
>>
>>53793507
Silicon Valley comes to mind.
>>
>>53793504

Honestly, Cali would prosper without the midwestern shitlords and their Spray-tanned Messiah holding us back. We're already completely self-sufficient, and without them, we could abandon the outdated and backwards opinions of republicans, and move on into a new and better future.
>>
>>53793556

>A copy of what Mitt Romney instated in his state
>>
>>53793556
Obamacare forces people to buy into privately owned insurance companies
It's literally crony capitalism
>>
>>53792275
Government has three primary functions. It should provide for military defense of the nation. It should enforce contracts between individuals. It should protect citizens from crimes against themselves or their property. When government-- in pursuit of good intentions tries to rearrange the economy, legislate morality, or help special interests, the cost come in inefficiency, lack of motivation, and loss of freedom. Government should be a referee, not an active player.
>>
>>53793481
>Fuck off europoor. Go back to rattling your sharia cage, the adults are talking.
See, this is what I meant.
In less than twenty years "angry shouting" has gone from something crazy homeless folks do to the entire right-wing platform.
Someone disagrees with you? MARXIST!
Something happens somewhere else in the world? SHARIA!
Donald Trump was elected by voters who had fled so far from conventional politics into rhetoric, that a used-car salesmen had become an appealing spokesmen.
>>
File: Laughing Trump.jpg (295KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Trump.jpg
295KB, 1920x1080px
>>53793550
>Yet California pays more in federal taxes than it receives.
This is what liberals actually believe.
>>
>>53793556
>obamacare
>Marxism.
The funny things is that /pol/ doesn't even know anything about politics.
>>
>>53793534
> she was a neocon
Aka a liberal
>>
File: You have to go back.jpg (149KB, 800x820px) Image search: [Google]
You have to go back.jpg
149KB, 800x820px
>>53793597
> MUH /pol/ BOOGIEMAN
>>
>>53793368
>implying that wasn't the main idea
>>
>>53793574
Mitt Romney, the liberal governor of Massachusetts, an insanely liberal state
>>
>>53793542
>build an expensive, multi-billion dollar wall to keep the illegals out
Look up how much congress spends in a day. It's piss in a lake.
>>53793500
You must have a very short memory or you drunk a lot of kool-aid, because as I recall a socialist jew heavily focusing on the renamed and false categories bourgeious and proletariat ran for president of the united states a year ago.
>>
File: 1482384854057.gif (598KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1482384854057.gif
598KB, 320x240px
>mfw my setting's focus is a nearly-utopic civic nationalist, meritocratic, traditional minded imperialist monarchy
>>
>>53793555
>it's actually the red states that are the fiscal drain on this nation
It just looks that way because most of our military bases are in red states.

Here is a ranking of the states based on fiscal health by George Mason University:
https://www.mercatus.org/statefiscalrankings
Red states are doing fairly well, while California is 44th.
>>
File: plato.jpg (18KB, 306x450px) Image search: [Google]
plato.jpg
18KB, 306x450px
Constitutional Meritocratic Oligarchy with taxation derived from the Georgist camp of Land Value Tax.

There is literally no better system of government ever devised by humankind. Discuss.
>>
>>53793380
>while Democratic politicians tend to remain fairly consistent
Tell that to the DNC. Things are so bad over there they need TWO party co-chairs to keep the ideologues and pragmatists from ripping the party apart right now.

Then again I'm a cynical centrist who'd love to see both parties implode, so I'm not really complaining.
>>
>>53793602
Yeah that's the point
A liberal was disliked for being hawkish on defense, by people on the right and the left
A liberal president kicked more people out of the country and waged more drone wars than anyone else
Two paragons of conservative thought supported lax borders and free trade

>>5379363
And the self admitted socialist didn't even get to the general election.
>>
>>53793597

> implying socialism doesn't lead to marxism
>>
>>53793542
> list doesn't include actual countries that export terror
So we should have a broader ban that covers more countries
> doing so anyway would piss of allies in the middle east
What allies? You mean like shillary's friends in Saudi Arabia? Fuck them.
> a travel ban does nothing about natural born US citizens who decide to go full retard, aka the guys who have done every recent US-based attack
"Natural born" to mudslime immigrants. If those immigrants weren't allowed in in the first place, their kids would never have been here to kill people.
> travel ban reinforces the dumb "us vs them" shit that helps ISIS recruit
It is a case of us vs them. Us, the Christian west, vs them, Islam. You leftists might want to hide from that fact, but the truth is that we are in a war against Islam and we're not going to win it by inviting them in and letting them kill us. We win by killing them.
> Hurr durr but if you kill your enemies THEY WIN
Yeah, fuck off. If you want to let Ahmed run you over, that's your choice. But don't try to drag the rest of us down with you.
>>
>>53793691
You can make a strong case for it not doing so considering it's history in Europe. Thatcher reverted many socialist policies in the UK during the 80's, the russians are basically practicing American style capitalism from the 1900's and the french just kicked their socialist party out of power.
>>
>>53793424
>colluding with Russia so perfectly
Why would a billionaire collude with a withering 2nd world nation that has absolutely no economical or political power?

Do people really believe this "Russian scandal" still?
>>
>>53792278
>not Cheeto Mussolini
Are you even trying?
>>
>>53793573
>We're already completely self-sufficient
Except for you know, water.
>>
File: low energy bait.jpg (35KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
low energy bait.jpg
35KB, 600x600px
>>53793424
>>
>>53792278
"Obabo" still gets a chuckle out of me, from the mirrored image/name
>>
>>53793566
It's moving to TX because land is cheaper there.
>>
>>53793726
Yeah, socialism stops leading to communism WHEN YOU STOP BEING SOCIALIST. Who would have thought?
>>
>>53793734
>not Cheeto Benito
>not Il Douche
>>
File: states by return on taxes.jpg (58KB, 570x760px) Image search: [Google]
states by return on taxes.jpg
58KB, 570x760px
>>53793627

>Mitt Romeny is a liberal

I guess if everyone to the slight left of you is a liberal, then everyone is a liberal.

>>53793588

For every dollar spent, only 14 states get back less than what they pay in federal taxes. California is one of those states.

South Carolina is the big winner, with a whopping near 800% return on investment, dwarfing even the second place state of North Dakota which has a "mere" 500%. Delaware is the big loser though, holy shit only 50% return on investment what the fuck.

>>53793632

>Look up how much congress spends in a day. It's piss in a lake.

And yet they're slicing the fuck out of the budget because the deficit is out of control. We can't afford to keep funding already inefficient programs, why the fuck would we keep adding more? This is an especially big thing for the supposed party of fiscal responsibility (not that either party can every hope to hold true to that title).
>>
>>53793706
Hillary and Donald's friends in Saudi Arabia now
Notably a country not on the travel ban that also produced some of the 9/11 attackers and Osama bin Laden himself

Really gets the noggin joggin
>>
File: 1419947318986.jpg (16KB, 293x323px) Image search: [Google]
1419947318986.jpg
16KB, 293x323px
>>53793766
Okay, you got me.
>>
>>53793727
The MSM has been pushing the whole "Russia interfered in the election" story so hard that even moderates are turning away from it. The whole thing is so ridiculous and obviously fictitious that the liberal establishment is battering itself to pieces trying to push the story.
>>
>>53793761
Yeah whoa it's like
You can adopt socialist policy and then change course to a more capitalist system
Like you can almost
Be socialist and then not end up as communist because you decided it wouldn't work as well for you
I guess that doesn't count tho?
>>
>>53793648
>George Mason University

Isn't that basically a feeder school for conservative think-tanks?
>>
>>53793771
> post bogus chart with zero citations
Wow, you really showed him.
>>
>>53793648

Though prior to the Governator being elected, things we were doing pretty fine
https://taxfoundation.org/federal-taxes-paid-vs-federal-spending-received-state-1981-2005

Though the two big factors in the George Mason University ranking, at least with regards to California's poor ranking, is short-term and long-term solvency, which can likely be attributed to all the projects we have (the high speed rail project, the early earthquake detection system, anything related to fighting wildfires) along with the fact that with a massive population, smaller problems that the less-populous red states have get blown up exponentially.

I find it interesting that Alaska, one of our least populous states, but one with an overabundance of natural wealth to exploit, ranks first according to this metric.
>>
>>53793706
>It is a case of us vs them. Us, the Christian west, vs them, Islam.
No it isn't. And the people trying to make it about that are the ones who are putting fuel on the fires. If anything, the "Muslims are coming" folks are on the same damn side as ISIS - they want to drag everyone into a war, because it's the only way they can feel important.

>the truth is that we are in a war against Islam
By any plausible, sane metric - no there fucking isn't.

>We win by killing them.
You don't even know you "they" are for fuck's sake.
Are you at war with my database systems lecturer?

>Yeah, fuck off. If you want to let Ahmed run you over, that's your choice. But don't try to drag the rest of us down with you.
Same to you.
>>
>>53791107
>OP's thread is just a platform to draw out TG's poorly conceived political opinions
>>
>>53793814
> HURR DURR I don't like the conclusion, so I'll spout bullshit about the source!
>>
>>53793797
Is that why a Republican congress appointed an investigator? And that both (Republican controlled) houses of Congress have their own investigations? Because the liberals (who just lost control of every branch of the government) told them to?
>>
File: Oh youz.jpg (22KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
Oh youz.jpg
22KB, 450x338px
>>53793751

Ouch, got us there.

One could even say it was a sick burn.
>>
>>53793841
If you cite a source that no-one but you considers credible, you're wasting your time.
>>
>>53793834
>If anything, the "Muslims are coming" folks are on the same damn side as ISIS - they want to drag everyone into a war, because it's the only way they can feel important.

I'm fairly certain it has more to do with "Holy fucking shit there's a death cult murdering hundreds of people in the street. We should probably do something about that" and less to do with "We must establish a Christian capital in Iran!"

I mean it's abundantly clear to anyone who's being intellectually honest that the problem with Islam is Islam, and for the most part always has been.
>>
>>53793007
My hypothesis is that the SJWs will burn out, but they will take Social Justice with them on their way to the abyss. The Alt-Right will have further to fall, though, and they will end up killing nationalism and the Tea Party some time in the distant future. The future will become a globalized capitalistic planet where climate change will not be as bad thanks to efforts to mitigate it, but things will not be as good as they could be due to the scars of identity politics and cultural tribalism. People will only get along if business is involved, but people won't love each other as much, but they won't hate each other as much, either.

>>53793297
But if we nuke them we can't use their land. There's no need to kill them, people will just move out to less taxing places that aren't full of SJWs.

>>53793542
This

>>53793627
>>53793771
Mitt Romney is a businessman. He sees politics as pitching to a customer on a proposal.

>>53793854
If only you had water to douse it.
>>
>>53793854
I'm not sure where the joke is in that. Over half of southern California's water comes from the Colorado river.
>>
>>53793896

It was more of a setup for the burn joke.

You know, since every year something catches fire?
>>
>>53793848
Can you imagine the shitstorm if they didn't investigate? The media would accuse every Republican of being a double agent.
>>
>>53793632
Who actually payed attention to Bernie, though? Besides, he failed to get the nomination, which heavily implies that the Left isn't literal Marxists.
>>
>>53793848
The republicans are a bunch of cuckservatives who are terrified that Trump will actually follow through on his promises. He's already started draining the swamp, and the phony Russia story is just the swamp trying to fight back. Both the republican establishment and the dims are a part of that.

Doesn't matter anyway, once Trump has his replacement FBI chief in place he is going to fire (((Rosenstein))) and Mueller and that will be the end of this whole Russia charade.
>>
>>53793666
>a fellow centrist on 4chan
Wouldn't it be grand if the parties both split such that we had a party for each quadrant of the political compass?
>>
>>53793855

Yeah, posting links to charts/analysis in threads like these tends to pretty pointless unless the source is .gov
>>
>>53793942
Your post is full of so many ill-informed buzzwords I think you're faking it.

You can tell me if you're faking it, I won't judge
>>
>>53793706

Pretending they aren't allies is a bullshit argument. They're by no means perfect, but if you want to get anything done without going full genocidal maniac you need to work with middle eastern nations, at the very least to maintain bases and air control in the region.

>If those immigrants weren't allowed in in the first place, their kids would never have been here to kill people.

So you propose to go back in time and implement the current travel ban? Refugees aren't even the problem in the United States, of the incredibly few we let in (both as an absolute number and as a proportion of population) none have committed an act of terror (though some have been arrested for other criminal activity). Europe is the only one with the refugee problem.

> Hurr durr but if you kill your enemies THEY WIN

You're the idiot saying that. Killing your enemies is fine, but the important part is identifying who is your enemy, and making sure that more don't spring up to take his place. This isn't a fight against a nation where the fight ends with enemy leadership capitulates, this is a long slog of attrition where you have to slowly strangle their ability to recruit. This is why I said it's a Fabian strategy: nobody fucking likes it, but unless you're going to literally cut the US off from the rest of the world and start rounding up and mass executing citizens based on their religious beliefs it's the one method you have. You can tweak it to be faster and more effective at protecting your citizens while it works, but there is no magic solution.

>>53793820

Chart from
https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2014/05/which-states-are-givers-and-which-are-takers/361668/
which pulled data from
https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700/
>>
>>53793878
>I'm fairly certain it has more to do with "Holy fucking shit there's a death cult murdering hundreds of people in the street. We should probably do something about that"
Except the proposed method of "doing something about that" is always "let's escalate the fuck out of this, where's my gun? " and not "oh shit, some thing’s badly wrong and we should approach this like any other complex problem - by trying to understand the fundamental issues that are behind it".

>I mean it's abundantly clear to anyone who's being intellectually honest that the problem with Islam is Islam, and for the most part always has been.
Cult violence is an interesting sociological phenomenon, and it's definitely not restricted to any particular set of beliefs. Also, I'm pretty sure you're not the authority on who's being intellectually honest here.
>>
>>53793923
So? It's pretty clear that the liberal media doesn't actually hold that much power considering how poorly the left did in the recent election despite their best efforts.

Not to mention you'd have the staunchly right wing fox network and associated media agencies to counter act it.

It's not just the liberals doing everything. Trump and his policy steps on a lot of toes even among Republicans. Considered the initial attempt at the obamacare repeal because of the freedom caucua, or how lots of the Reagan style Republicans dislike trumps public spending and anti free trade agenda.
>>
>>53793919
Yeah but putting wildfires out doesn't take a fraction of the water it takes to keep the avocados growing.
>>
>>53793848
>The evidence of there being a massive, treasonous, foreign-nation scandal is that someone is investing if there is one, but has found absolutely no evidence for.
This is some next level retard logic.
>>
>>53793942
Draining the swamp of the old Goldmen Sachs bankers to put in his new ones and make room for Jared's friends too
>>
>>53793949
Maybe at first, but you know they'd just always merge to form coalitions around election years.

We'd just end up with the same shit in different packaging.
>>
>>53793848
> Because the liberals (who just lost control of every branch of the government) told them to?
Liberals still control enough of the courts and the congress to fuck things up. And that's not even touching the issue of the deep state. Just look at the ridiculous flow of leaks that the CIA/FBI/NSA are releasing to try to take Trump down. If anyone else were in charge, that stuff would be treated like treason. But since the MSM is desperate for anything to smear Trump with, they take all that bullshit like its gospel.
>>
>>53793855
>If you cite a source that no-one but you considers credible, you're wasting your time
>implying that your views on what's credible are shared by the rest of us
Not the guy you're arguing with, just thought it's something worth pointing out.

>>53793923
>Can you imagine the shitstorm if they didn't investigate? The media would accuse every Republican of being a double agent.
In fairness, Trump's mouth hasn't helped matters.

>>53793942
>Doesn't matter anyway, once Trump has his replacement FBI chief in place he is going to fire (((Rosenstein))) and Mueller and that will be the end of this whole Russia charade.
>not letting Mueller finish the investigation to prove the Russia charade is a giant nothingburger
Think man!
>>
>>53793811
It's certainly not an exoneration of those who advocate socialism. So, yes, I suppose it doesn't count.
>>
>>53793999
Mueller is never going to "finish" the Russia investigation. That was never the point. They always knew that there was nothing there. The point was always to try to discredit Trump. Mueller is going to drag out the investigation for years and waste million of taxpayer dollars to try to undermine the president. Fuck that, fire his corrupt ass.
>>
>>53793975
>it's definitely not restricted to any particular set of beliefs
No one said it was, pumpkin. Why so defensive?

>"let's escalate the fuck out of this, where's my gun?"
I'm sorry, who's escalating the conflict again? The people being mowed down in the streets? Because it seems like you're placing the responsibility for a death cult's murder sprees on innocent bystanders.
>>
>>53793993
Ah, but sometimes they might form the coalitions around different axes! One year, it might be authoritarian versus libertarian, while the next might be left versus right!

It'd at least be more interesting to watch.
>>
File: 1483980023933.gif (1MB, 430x360px) Image search: [Google]
1483980023933.gif
1MB, 430x360px
>>53793658
>with taxation
>no better system of government ever devised
>>
>>53794035
Not happening. First past the post guarantees two party domination. Introducing additional parties just ensures that the party that didn't split its support wins.
>>
>>53793996
If you can get things done in a system built for majority rule when you have majority rule that is on you
At some point you will have to accept it's not always someone else's fault
The supreme court has been conservative majority for a decade not counting the brief period following Scalia's death
Dems couldn't hold on to congress past obongos first term
The US Federal Government has been stacked towards red for longer than it has to blue since Bush Jr.
If anyone would be in a position to sabatoge Republican efforts it is other Republicans
>>
>>53794041
>government
>without taxation
How do you plan on paying for anything?
>>
>>53793949
>>53793993
Honestly, it'd definitely be more popcorn-worthy than the Red vs Blue shtick America has now.

>>53794044
>Not happening.
The fact the two dominant parties also control the platform for Presidential Debates doesn't help matters either.
>>
>>53794052
Why would I want the government to pay for anything?
>>
File: Nazi-spurdo.png (57KB, 309x433px) Image search: [Google]
Nazi-spurdo.png
57KB, 309x433px
>>53792671
>tfw I'm genuinely a national socialist and that sounds like fun as fuck adventure.

There is no rule against Nazis being fun.
>>
>>53793811
But you can't adopt socialist policy and then change course to a more capitalist system because no random joe's business can compete with a business whose failures in business are rewarded with millions of dollars.
>>
>>53794026
>No one said it was, pumpkin.
You definitely implied it was.

>Why so defensive?
??????

>I'm sorry, who's escalating the conflict again? The people being mowed down in the streets? Because it seems like you're placing the responsibility for a death cult's murder sprees on innocent bystanders.
What the fuck? How the fuck did you get that from my post?
>>
>>53794041
>Doesn't know about Land Value Tax
Conservatards would collectively orgasm if LVT was implemented fully. Taxation is restricted to land-owning parties only, meaning 99% of the population gets off scot free.
>>
>>53794058
>Why would I want the government to pay for anything?
Are you going to build your own roads then?
>>
>>53794049
> SCOTUS upholds obamacare
> "conservative majority"
Nope.

> The US Federal Government has been stacked towards red for longer than it has to blue since Bush Jr.
> implying Bush wasn't a liberal
See the bailouts, medicare part d, ridiculous deficit spending, etc.
>>
>>53794058
Do you want vigilante gangs? That's how you get vigilante gangs.
>>
>>53793542
When israel and hungary put up their walls and ramped up security they saw an over 85% DECREASE in illegals you dumbfuck.

Walls work when supported by additional means.Thats why the've been used since the BRONZE AGE.
>>
>>53794073
> meaning 99% of the population gets off scot free.
How the fuck is that a good thing? That just means that the majority are leeching off of a tiny number of productive people, which is basically the same shitty system that we have now.
>>
>>53794075
The government doesn't build roads.

>>53794083
How do you get from "no taxation" to "vigilante gangs"?
>>
>>53794058
I mean, that's a valid question, but I have to wonder what you even want a government for at that point.
>>
>>53794065
The very instant I brought up Islam you trot out the old "IT'S NOT JUST ISLAM" routine. It's pretty standard for apologists.

I got it from your post because you brought it up. You blamed other people, people who aren't members of a death cult, for "escalating" the conflict. You can't escalate a conflict beyond death cult. You can't. There's no way to make the situation any worse, and intimating that the people who are at least attempting to fight against said death cult are in any way responsible for antagonizing or encouraging attacks is the most loathsome form of cowardice.

Why are you interested in protecting your snowflake Muslim pets? What about their death cult interests you so? Why bother with it?
>>
>>53794101
I don't.
>>
>>53794113
>What about their death cult interests you so?
Are you implying that Aztecs aren't interesting as fuck?
>>
>>53794091
Instead of me replying to you and you ignoring the fact that you're on the fucking Internet, why don't you just look up LVT and come back in five minutes? It's an easy system, fair, impossible to game or to pass costs on.
>>
> see this thread
And somehow there are still people that doubt that SJWs are a massive fucking problem on this board.
>>
>>53794122
Then why are you commenting on the "best system of government ever devised," when your stance is not wanting one at all?

"A lack of government" is not a system of government, so it can't be a better one.
>>
>>53794126
When Islam is as dead as the Aztecs, hey. Go nuts.
>>
>>53793580
What about unintentional torts?
>>
>>53794131
People who oppose Trump don't even necessarily do so for reasons of social justice, and lumping them together with SJWs is asinine.
>>
>>53793727
>>53793797
The US is utterly obsessed with Russia because the US refuses to admit the Cold War is over. You come over to America and many people still chuckle about Russians being "comrades" or "goddamn Communists" and how they're the single greatest threat to US power since... Well, the Soviets. You can chalk it up as Baby Boomers stuck in their ways, but you can also see it's an almost Orwellian piece of propaganda because, without Russia, the media is lacking in a uniform "threat" against the United States and must either focus on Militant Islam (a big no-no since the 00s) or Societal Decay (another big no-no since the 90s.)

So you turn on the evening TV and get treated to Russian spies, Russian international incidents and Russian ex-Soviets. We're chewing on old bones because we'll get the boot if we chew on the juicy material waved right in front of us on a daily basis.
>>
>>53794127
> Fair
> system taxes land owners only and lets the rest off the hook
Nope. Punishing people for being productive and rewarding the unproductive is the exact opposite of fair.
>>
>>53794126
Not enough to want to live in Tenochtitlan.

>>53794134
No, see, it's distributed government. We govern ourselves.
>>
>>53794148
If it looks like a SJW, screeches about "DRUMPF" like a SJW, and babbles about "muh religion of peace" like a SJW, then it's a SJW.
>>
>>53794076
Just because you consider everyone to the left of you a liberal doesn't mean they are. It's the same "not really communism" excuse that tankies toss around.
George W Bush was a reaganite and like it or not that school of thought influenced a generation of American conservatism that is still seen today
The supreme court and Congress were factually, literally in Republican, conservative hands for longer than in liberal ones post 2000. If you look at policy everyone since Reagan was elected has been more right leaning than Jimmy Carter, even the democrats.
Just because you are further to the right on the axis doesn't mean they weren't. Political context exists beyond your headspace.
>>
>>53794168
>check
>check
>check
BREAKING NEWS: /pol/TARDS ARE ACTUALLY SJWS
>>
>>53794075
Psht, everyone knows The Marketâ„¢ does a better job than the Government anyway. I mean look at Comcast or Enron! Champions of Industry! Muh Invisible Hand!
>>
>>53794085

Except compare the tiny ass area of the Israeli-Palestinian border to the US-Mexican border and you see just how inefficient the whole affair is. The difference in length alone means that any return on investment is going to be worse without substantial increases in personnel, which further increases upkeep. With that number of personnel, you don't even need a wall, especially when you combine it with non-static technology to help patrol the area. These mobile assets can also be redeployed to other points on our massive border with Canada, to the coasts, and even into the interior to deport illegals who are already here (which again the wall does nothing about, as well as those who overstay their visa).

Then you have the terrain with various mountains, canyons, and rivers which makes building very difficult. You also need to consider the rural nature of much of the border, so you'll also have to build infrastructure to get your construction vehicles and materials out there to even build the thing. It's not impossible, but the cost (and eventual overruns) would be astronomical for the low gain in border security.

The wall is a god damn distraction from actual border security reform, which will involve overhauls to the visa system, getting more judges to expedite the deportation process (so many are simply on a waiting list to be brought to trial because there literally aren't enough judges), investments in new technology to detect tunnels, and so on. Of course all of that doesn't fit on a bumper sticker like "build a wall" which is why nobody ever talks about it.
>>
File: rage spurdo.jpg (433KB, 1000x1166px) Image search: [Google]
rage spurdo.jpg
433KB, 1000x1166px
>>53793205
You murricans at least don't have to deal with basically every party, including apparently half of the anti-immigration and anti-Eu party (that just split up because a person who was actually against continued EU integration got to become the chairman of the party), being fucking pro-EU cunts that want to take our nation's soveriginity away and enslave us to Brussels, forever.

It's fugged over here famalams. The fact that EU is built around pan-Europeanism which is a hostile ideology to all independent, and distinct peoples of Europe, and sees them as a problem that must be erased in order to create the pan-european utopia, seems to be lost to most. Even the ones who see it, are too afraid of the "big bad Russia" to dare to get out of this union, that is fucking driven by an ideology that wants to wipe out us, and all other European peoples, as our independent and ethnically and culturally distinct groups of people.

We literally now have a single party in the opposition, that is opposed to an union that seeks to erase our people from existence.
Send help pls.
t. Finn
>>
>>53794178
> implying republican = conservative
We haven't had a true conservative since Coolidge. It's just be a mix of insane liberal democrats and corrupt liberal republicans.
>>
>>53794151
That implies everyone that owns land actually earned it or is productive with it. You should read the wealth of nations and get an understanding of rent seeking before conflating ownership with productive. Capitalists 300 years ago knew about this, you should to
>>
>>53794168
>people who disagree with me are all the same
Nice projecting.
>>
>>53794210
I mean, the US's """liberals""" would be the right wing in any European country.
>>
>>53794151
>Doesn't look up LVT
You are literally talking out of your ass, dude. No one is punished in LVT.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgism

Just fucking read.
>>
>>53794151
>Punishing people for being productive and rewarding the unproductive is the exact opposite of fair.
That's fine, because that's not what LVT does.
>>
>>53794184
And just like SJWs, they can't shut up, but claim to be superior to everyone else.
>>
Why the fuck is this thread still up? Do your fucking jobs janitors!
>>
>>53794190
To be perfectly fair, Comcast is more of an example of regulatory capture. When they have Marsha Blackburn (or her equivalent) passing state broadband laws they write, it's less free-market and more inept-regulatory-dystopia.

But pure ancapism is without a doubt pure insanity. So that's really a technical quibble.
>>
>>53794210
Poltical norms change, there isn't an objective value for them, only contextual ones. Calling George W Bush a liberal by judging him by standards a century out of date is like calling apartheid South Africa egalitarian because they didn't allow slavery.
>>
>>53794113
>The very instant I brought up Islam you trot out the old "IT'S NOT JUST ISLAM" routine.
Right, because every time the topic of Islamic terrorism comes up people seem to obsess over the fact that they perpetrators are Islamic, to the point of ignoring the fact they're terrorists.

>I got it from your post because you brought it up.
I really, really, didn't. I'm sorry if you misunderstood me that badly.

>You blamed other people, people who aren't members of a death cult, for "escalating" the conflict.
Well, yeah. Because they are. Go watch any ISIS propaganda. Hell, read "On the management of savagery". These people have specific expectations and fears, and feeding those is doing their recruiting for them. It may not even be too strong to suggest that more "philosophical" groups like Al-Qaeda couldn't even exist at all without re-enforcement from their "enemies".

>You can't escalate a conflict beyond death cult. You can't.
You can obviously turn a small death cult into al large, influential death cult. I'd call that escalation.

>And intimating that the people who are at least attempting to fight against said death cult are in any way responsible for antagonizing or encouraging attacks is the most loathsome form of cowardice.
My entire point is that the idea of a "war" against those death cults is exactly what they expect and need to survive. I don't particularly care you you think I'm a coward, because I'd put trying to effectively solve the problem over trying to be heroic.

>Why are you interested in protecting your snowflake Muslim pets?
"Pets"?

>What about their death cult interests you so?
Because it's amazing to see how those kind of fucked-up communities can form and evolve as a response to fear and a need for recognition. And its terrifying that people think violence should take the place of problem solving when dealing with them.
>>
File: 1488388626630.jpg (13KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
1488388626630.jpg
13KB, 400x267px
>>53794210
>Calvin Coolidge
>Market Liberal who was a supporter of racial equality and the civil rights movement
>the last Great Conservative President
>>
>>53794151
>owning land means you're being productive
What? You seem to have been brainwashed into thinking that people who own money are automatically productive members of society.

A lot of wealthy individuals who own capital didn't do a damn thing to earn it and just sit on it. Do you really think rich, spoiled daughters of Chinese billionaires deserve the money they have? They will go through life doing nothing and accomplishing nothing, but you somehow hold them up on a higher pedestal than a middle-class worker who busts his ass for decades but only makes a modest living.

This whole "wealthy people are automatically patron saints" attitude needs to fuck off. You can't just lump people together like that. Yes, a lot of wealthy people work hard, and a lot of unwealthy people are unwealthy because they're lazy. However, the world isn't black and white like that, and you're a fool for thinking that way.
>>
>>53794272
> implying civil rights wasn't a conservative position
I bet you don't even remember that it was the democrats who supported slavery, segregation, and the kkk.
>>
>>53791107
Agreed, how can any pathetic sack of shit actually agree with the reformations of the Byzantine Empire under the Komnenian Dynasty? Fucking Makedonian cucks.
>>
>>53794184
>BREAKING NEWS: /pol/TARDS ARE ACTUALLY SJWS
Wait, how is that news?
I've been trying to tell people that for years.
>>
>>53791107
GEE, I'M SO GLAD WE GOT RID OF ACTUAL BOARD RELATED CONTENT JUST SO WE COULD BECOME /POL/

Fucking hypocrites.
>>
>>53794276
> Do you really think rich, spoiled daughters of Chinese billionaires deserve the money they have? They will go through life doing nothing and accomplishing nothing, but you somehow hold them up on a higher pedestal than a middle-class worker who busts his ass for decades but only makes a modest living.
No, I don't think they are better than a working man, because women pretty much never actually earn their wealth. The idea that women should be allowed to own or inherit property like a man is the absurd part, not the idea that property ownership correlates with productivity.
>>
>>53794285
The parties switched roles like fifty years ago. I know Republicans are stuck in the past but Jesus Christ man.
>>
>>53794304
Fuck off questfag.
>>
>>53794304
Go back to your ghetto.
>>
>>53794318
> bu-but-but muh party switch!
The democrats went from keeping nogs as slaves on cotton plantations with chains, whips, and bloodhounds to keeping nogs as slaves government plantations with welfare, drugs, and single mothers. Sure, big switch there.
>>
>>53794319
If quests would displace the shitshow /pol/ raid threads, then I would very much like them back please.
>>
>>53794268
>Right, because every time the topic of Islamic terrorism comes up people seem to obsess over the fact that they perpetrators are Islamic, to the point of ignoring the fact they're terrorists.
Because if there was a buddhist, mormon, protestant, zoroastrian, or any other religion on US or European soil, you bet your ass everybody would know about it and even, no, especially corporate news would go batshit over it. But there hasn't been. Since the very beginning of the war on terror, there hasn't been a single religiously-motivated act of terror that wasn't done by a muslim.
>>
File: elf laugh.jpg (77KB, 680x454px) Image search: [Google]
elf laugh.jpg
77KB, 680x454px
>>53794318
>He's still eating LBJ's bullshit
>>
>>53794268
>Go watch any ISIS propaganda.
>believing ISIS propaganda
Holy shit. Do you not think they might be lying to you?
>>
>>53794357
/pol/ is infinitely preferable to quests. Occasionally a /pol/ thread turns into a productive discussion. Quest threads never do. And people who frequent both /tg/ and /pol/ are generally decent enough people, while people who sit around jacking off in a quest thread do nothing but bring down the general quality of the board.
>>
>>53794358
It's like everyone forgot about the prods and the papists bombing everyone in England and NI for 30 years.
>>
>>53794268
>Right, because every time the topic of Islamic terrorism comes up people seem to obsess over the fact that they perpetrators are Islamic, to the point of ignoring the fact they're terrorists.
Yeah, again about that whole "death cult" thing. They're not just terrorists. Timothy McVeigh was just a terrorist, some right-wing yahoo living alone innawoods convinced the Terminator was real. ISIS is not a band of Timothy McVeighs. They are motivated by a religious ideology, a rather explicit one. That they are terrorists does not detract from the fact that they are all, to a one, Muslims.

>I really, really, didn't. I'm sorry if you misunderstood me that badly.
You really, really did. That's why you're backpedaling.

>Well, yeah. Because they are.
I'm sorry, how is being run over by a car "escalating" the conflict? Because clearly you're confused as to how escalation works. If the argument is "Don't do anything ISIS dislikes or else you're doing their recruiting for them," which is what you're advocating, then the correct response is to do nothing and to allow people to be murdered in the streets. To me, that's cowardice, but since you're somehow convinced it isn't, I'll continue.

>You can obviously turn a small death cult into al large, influential death cult. I'd call that escalation.

It's not so much about size as reach and motivation.

>because I'd put trying to effectively solve the problem over trying to be heroic.
And the complete lack of any ideas from your front is just icing on this failure cake, yeah? Maybe I'm not trying to be heroic, anon. Maybe killing as many ISIS members as possible isn't a psychosexual, ultra-phallic Western thrust into the dark depths of the savage East. Maybe it's just, you know, the best option of any we have available? The only other option is to capitulate to their demands, which you seem all to happy to oblige.
>>
>>53794306
I know this may be hard for you to believe, but most women aren't as stupid and useless as your mother.
>>
>>53794297
It's a prime example of why you should stay out of echo chambers. It starts with Someone You Disagree With saying "Drumpf" or "religion of peace", and then you start mocking it, and then you continue mocking it, and then one day you're the one screeching and babbling about "DRUMBFP" and "RELIGION OF BEACE :DDDD" louder than anyone else in the room.
>>
>>53794073
And then your rent doubles.
>>
>>53794319
>>53794324
Reminder that questfags alone weren't the problem; it was quests being pigeonholed to /tg/ that was the problem.
>>
>>53794413
>Still doesn't read anything related to LVT.
You can't pass on LVT. That's one of the reasons Friedman liked it.
>>
>>53794423
And now they're pigeonholed somewhere else and we can rest easy.
>>
>>53794285
>implying civil rights wasn't a conservative position

And there it is, the stupidest thing I've read all day.
>>
>>53794062
>I'm genuinely a national socialist

kys
>>
>>53794405
You can't fight an insurgency using conventional armies. It didn't work vietnam, it didn't work for the soviets in the Afghanistan, it didn't work for us in Afghanistan either, it hasn't worked for the Israelis dealing with the Palestinians and the Columbians only managed to stop their war with the FARC through a peace deal. It's all well and good to say we need to kill them all it's another to get involved in a war that cant be won because we couldn't think of a better idea.
>>
>>53794413
>Ground-rents are a still more proper subject of taxation than the rent of houses. A tax upon ground-rents would not raise the rents of houses. It would fall altogether upon the owner of the ground-rent, who acts always as a monopolist, and exacts the greatest rent which can be got for the use of his ground. More or less can be got for it according as the competitors happen to be richer or poorer, or can afford to gratify their fancy for a particular spot of ground at a greater or smaller expense. In every country the greatest number of rich competitors is in the capital, and it is there accordingly that the highest ground-rents are always to be found. As the wealth of those competitors would in no respect be increased by a tax upon ground-rents, they would not probably be disposed to pay more for the use of the ground. Whether the tax was to be advanced by the inhabitant, or by the owner of the ground, would be of little importance. The more the inhabitant was obliged to pay for the tax, the less he would incline to pay for the ground; so that the final payment of the tax would fall altogether upon the owner of the ground-rent.
—Adam Smith, The Wealth of Nations, Book V, Chapter 2, Article I: Taxes upon the Rent of Houses
>>
>>53791107
>your current game is set in a religious, family-oriented, socially conservative culture where personal freedom is scarce and most people view those with an excess of it as being irresponsible and lazy
>the different faiths are pretty hardline about issues that ensure the population doesn't die out in two or three generations (since it easily could if nobody thought ahead of their own lifespan) so things like gay marriage or even choosing your own partners is nearly unheard of, most people work the family job their entire lives and the only lateral movement tends to happen because you have to, not because you want to
>being an atheist, a nonconformist, a libertarian or a liberal would basically make you at best a misguided youth in need of education or at worst a nuisance to organized society
>this is all in-setting justified to dissenters as being absolutely necessary since life is harsh enough that not following a structured life and thinking in the large scale and long term before you think about your own personal happiness would ultimately lead to extinction
>tfw this is the exact opposite of your RL beliefs and it was more of a fun exercise in getting into another perspective
>>
File: what is national socialism.png (582KB, 1583x5995px) Image search: [Google]
what is national socialism.png
582KB, 1583x5995px
>>53794474
Nah.
I find this ideology quite reasonable and in fact preferrable to modern way my society runs, given that we are slowly collapsing towards a Weimar tier state under the hegemonic control of foreigners that have no interest in serving the well being of my people.
>>
>>53794478
I'm still waiting on your solution. So far, you're terrified of making the death cult angry. That ship has sailed, anon. They're angry. Mad as hell. They hate the fact that you aren't part of their death cult. They hate that you don't want to worship their god. They will attempt to murder you and everyone else around you until you capitulate. That's how a death cult works.

Now you may be perfectly willing to sacrifice thousands of lives to the death cult so you can have your head pats from your politically correct betters, but for many people the option of "wait around and hope Ahmed doesn't decide to meet Allah today" isn't attractive. So please, paint me a picture of the day when ISIS sits around campfires and roasts marshmallows and sings Kum-Bay-Yah with the people it hates on religious principle.
>>
>>53794537
So what's your plan? Who are you going to fire missiles at? How are you going to avoid hitting allies? How are you going to get rid of insurgent groups already inside European countries?
>>
>>53794405
Timothy McVeigh was not "some right-wing yahoo living alone innawoods convinced the Terminator was real". He had legitimate grievances which we all should be very concerned about, even moreso in the present day.

>>53794478
You absolutely can fight an insurgency using conventional armies. ISIS is close to being completely driven out of Iraq. It's just that the methods necessary to fight an insurgency are very often hamstrung by those who *already believe* you can't fight an insurgency and are afraid of intensifying the opposition.
>>
>>53794550
>Backpedaling, deflecting, avoiding.
So you don't have a plan beyond "let the death cult murder whoever they want and hope we don't upset them by liking pork."

Not surprised.
>>
>>53794478
It didn't work in Vietnam because liberals insisted on tying the military's hands with ridiculous rules that the VC didn't ever respect. If we had been able to simply cull the populations of troublesome areas, we would have won.
>>
File: please understand.jpg (120KB, 1028x617px) Image search: [Google]
please understand.jpg
120KB, 1028x617px
>>53794571
I'm not the guy you were replying to, I'm just wondering what your plan is. Since you seem so confident, you MUST have one, right?
>>
>>53794597
And again, YOU'RE the one saying military options won't work. What are your solutions?
>>
>>53794605
No, I'm not. I'm asking you what your plan to stop ISIS is. If you can't whip up an answer, then I won't ask that question anymore.
>>
>>53794537
The point is that it is demonstrably less costly in lives to site and do what we are doing now than to get into a unwinnable ground war because it feels good. More Americans died in Iraq and Afghanistan than all Americans and Europeans killed by islamst terror attacks combined, on top of some of those attacks (Tube bombing, Moscow metro) happening during the.greatest military present in those areas. "Just go and kill them" 1) doesn't stop attacks and 2) gets more Americans killed than they would otherwise, and to top it off the reward would be an Israeli style occupation where we still get attacked regularly. And if you want to ethnically cleanse them then ask the Serbs and the Croats and the Turks how well that works out.
>>
>>53794597
Simple. Where ISIS shows itself, kill them. When groups, such as muslims and liberals, support ISIS, do not allow them into your country. Defend the homeland and fight the enemy. It's simple, yet liberals seem totally unable to grasp the idea that in war you need to be willing to kill in order to survive.
>>
>>53794486
Why wouldn't they? Suppose you have five apartment complexes, or any number, it doesn't really matter. All the landlords, being land owners, are now being taxed significantly more, while their tenants are now being taxed significantly less. What incentive is there for them not to simply charge more money? Or for anyone?

In the terms of the dead man's writing you used because you couldn't come up with any words of your own, why would the inhabitant not be obliged to pay for the tax?
>>
>>53794618
No, the post you took a picture of, presumably to put on your fridge next to your macaroni art, said that military solutions won't work.

So again, what are your solutions?
>>
>>53794637
> ask the Serbs and the Croats
It would have worked perfectly well in Yugoslavia if NATO hadn't intervened to support muslim terrorists, as would become all too common in the last two decades.
>>
>>53794640
> When groups, such as muslims and liberals, support ISIS, do not allow them into your country.
All Muslims and liberals?

>Where ISIS shows itself, kill them.
Are you certain you know what insurgents are?

>>53794654
I took that screen-capture to show that I'm not the one you've been replying to. Since I can only assume 53794640 is someone else, I still need to know what your plan to stop ISIS is.
>>
>>53794637
>Do nothing, allow death cult to murder whoever they please, clutch at pearls whenever someone says anything approaching retaliation.

Still waiting on Kum-Bay-Yah. Where is it?
>>
Mods, do your job and delete this thread.
>>
>>53794578
The military is a branch of the government, and the government answer to the people. If the people don't want to pursue a war then that is the end of it. If your team gets demoralized and stops playing you still lose. Saying we would have won veitnam if he hadn't run away is besides the point. The public wasn't willing to keep sending people over to fight and so we lost. The Soviets could have kept bleeding in Afghanistan but they too realized it wasn't worth it and fucked off.
>>
>>53794667
You're an autist. You said military solutions won't work. I asked you what your solution was. You then declined to answer.

You have lost the train of conversation after, what, three posts? What is your solution to the ISIS problem? I've posted mine.
>>
>>53794660
I thought the usual Serb line was that the Bosniaks were the ones doing the cleansing.
>>
>>53794672
>do something that gets even more of your own people killed while admitting that it actually doesn't fix anything
wow smart
If your water heater breaks and you dont know how to fix it do you start punching the wall because it makes you feel better? Would you rather have a busted water heater or a busted water heater and a broken hand?
>>
>>53794532
kys cuck
>>
>>53794678
The people of the US mostly did support the war, it was just a small but extremely loud group of liberals that were driving the anti-war movement.
>>
>>53794678
So you're admitting that believing you can't fight an insurgency is a self-fulfilling prophecy?
>>
>>53794532
There won't be any distinction between socialists, National or otherwise, come the day of the free helicopter ride.
>>
>>53794698

If you want my opinion, I feel that our current tactic of supporting Syria in removing ISIS from their strongholds while continuing to deal with insurgent groups as they start to become problems is working, and I feel that we should stick to it. In addition, stepping down the "All Muslims are going to rape our grandchildren and we need to put 'em all in camps" rhetoric will convince more disenfranchised Muslim-descended youth from turning to acts of terrorism instead of seeking good advice from community leaders.
>>
>>53794723
Where's the solution, dude? Again, you seem far more concerned with how a death cult's members feel than with the fact that they're slaughtering innocents wholesale.
>>
Why do people with no direct experience with COIN try to pretend they know what they're talking about
>>
>>53794765
>Criticizing a religion = "put them all in camps"
Breathtaking.

>Disenfranchised Muslim youth
Wasn't it just recently proven that a majority of ISIS members were educated and middle class?

Besides that, if all it takes for you to murder people wholesale is someone criticizing your beliefs you were never far off from that point anyway.
>>
>>53794532
This is a work of art. It's some of the most uncritical "everything I say is right, other people are just to stupid to listen" wank I've seen.
Do internet-neonazis actually believe this kind of shit?
>>
>>53794801
Ignorance has never stopped liberals from shooting their mouth off about things they know nothing about.
>>
>>53794818
>Wasn't it just recently proven that a majority of ISIS members were educated and middle class?
Was it? I'm interested in seeing where you got that idea, and I'm wondering how a college student can't also be disenfranchised.

I'm also wondering why you think that the current way most reactionaries are treating Muslims (and Indians for some reason) is just "criticizing them".
>>
>>53792671
Was this a GURPS module or something? Because this sounds amazing.
>>
>>53794698
>>53794768
Your "solution" isn't a solution because
1) it doesnt fix the problem
2) Gets thousands more Americans killed fighting your unwinnable war

A neat exercise. Have you noticed how the recent ISIS attacks have coincidenced with territory loses in Iraq? It's because they're falling back on insurgency tactics when.they're losing the ground war. We're already beating them on the ground but we're not winning the war. Send your occupying forces in and can enjoy a slow burn of terror attacks like the jews have to deal with with the Palestinians.

You can say "death cult" all you want but it doesn't change the fact that your course of action isn't workable and you can't come up with a defense for it beyond "what's your idea".
Another fun exercise: We keep doing what we are doing now, what is the end result.
1) Continues terror attacks
2) Dead iraqi soldiers.

Now your plan again
1) Continued terror attacks
2) Dead American soldiers

If we're gonna be stuck in a war you may as well have someone else's soldiers get killed instead of ours.
>>
>>53794765
>In addition, stepping down the "All Muslims are going to rape our grandchildren and we need to put 'em all in camps" rhetoric will convince more disenfranchised Muslim-descended youth from turning to acts of terrorism instead of seeking good advice from community leaders.
It doesn't work. The "rhetoric" that you're talking about is very much a minority-held view and disenfranchises no one, while Muslim youth are radicalizing at a rate that staggers even their first-generation-immigrant parents.
>>
>>53794851
>Do everything in our power to avoid hurting the death cult's feelings and maybe they'll be nicer to us.

Yes, you've said that already. What's your solution? Because you haven't presented one.
>>
>>53794818
>educated and middle class

And loners. They tend to be withdrawn from society as a whole.
>>
>>53794864
So why do you think Muslim youth are radicalizing? What's causing it, and is there a solution to it that won't require imprisoning, deporting, or murdering dozens of innocents?
>>
>>53794864
>The "rhetoric" that you're talking about is very much a minority-held view and disenfranchises no one
Remind me again, what is that "Muslim travel ban" that Trump is very keen to have?
>>
>>53794864
>while Muslim youth are radicalizing at a rate that staggers even their first-generation-immigrant parents

Do you have a source for this?
>>
>>53794851
Sitting back and doing nothing for fear of offending a death cult just allows the death cult to kill even more people. If we did it your way, many more innocent people would be dying as a result of islamic terrorism than both the current terror attacks and the war dead combined.
>>
>>53794062
Well, I didn't say we weren't fun, but fun or not, pirates are still the baddies
>>
>>53794877
You have some legendarily bad reading skills, muchacho. He's pretty blatantly implying that our current tactics are working just fine, and getting back into big-dick World Police mode is going to do nothing but fuck up Iraq's attempts to squash ISIS and waste a whole load of American guns, armor, and bodies.
>>
>>53794842
http://money.cnn.com/2015/12/15/news/economy/isis-recruit-characteristics/index.html

They're largely millennial douchebags who, like you, seem obsessed with protecting their own feelings, with the added bonus of an ideology that encourages them to murder people who disagree with their views. Win win for them.
>>
>>53794877
>Please stop pouring petrol on that fire.
>Fuck You! do you WANT to get burned? What's your solution?
>>
>>53794887
It doesn't ban muslims. Muslims are allowed to come in, so it's not a muslim ban. Only people from specific nations overrun with terrorism where we can't vet the people are prevented from coming here, and only for a short period of time. So it isn't even a ban, just a pause.

Once again, you liberals are blowing everything completely out of proportion to try to justify ISIS's behavior and blame their victims rather than the terrorists.
>>
>>53794909
So is it that you dislike my solution or is it that you literally have no solution?
>>
>>53794908
>seem obsessed with protecting their own feelings
Where in the article did you read that?
>>
>>53792278
Next time I run a spy-themed campaign, the villain is going to be Cheetofingers.
>>
>>53794936
See
> millennials
>>
>>53794936
So yeah, about that solution. You've spent a lot of time criticizing other people's. What's yours?
>>
>>53794885
>What's causing it
Islam.

>>53794887
>a sovereign nation protecting the integrity of its borders is disenfranchisement
Oh, spare me.

>>53794892
Give me a moment to dig it up.
>>
>>53794909
>Hey, there's a fire over there. We should do something about it.
>It's just a small fire, stop using inflammatory rhetoric.
>But it'll just get bigger if we don't do something about it.
>Please. Why put out fires anyway? There will just be more. Best to let it burn itself out.

Hey, this is fun.
>>
File: 1497023541257.jpg (35KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1497023541257.jpg
35KB, 600x400px
>>53794950
"Millennial" is just used to describe anyone under, like, 36. It describes you exactly as well as it describes me.

>>53794953
I've told you: I feel confident with our current plan, especially since it's both working and doesn't involve us throwing American lives away unnecessarily.
>>
>>53794831
I am not just an internet neo nazi, I am an actual national socialist, and I intend to go to politics, obviously not openly with that agenda, due to the political climate being what it is.
The good thing the allies did with demonizing the national socialists after the war, is that basically nobody fucking knows what natsoc worldview even is, so I can easily advocate for some of the policies considered milder that still fall well into my natsoc worldview, without the demoralized peoples knowing any better because to them, national socialism is something as base as just basic racism.
>>
>>53792278
>King Nigger
>The Rat of Chicago
>Pedo Enabler
>The Shriveled Cunt
Four insults, two politicians. Each of the above a far more vicious than Drumpf.
>>
>>53794896
That would be all well and good if you could lile, prove it

The facts of the matter remain, while the USA was completely invested in military action in the middle east, terror attacks continued
when the usa relented and started using the iraqi and afghani armies as proxies, terror attacks continue
The only people who are letting their feelings get in the way is you.
You know when we didnt have to deal with this? When Sadam was in power.
If you want a real solution, let one of the Sunni states take.over the whole lot of land and start up another dictatorship. The iraqis and afghanis are.incapable of governing themselves, we just have to set up a.strongman to deal with all the shit in that part of the world so we dont have to.
>>
>>53794983
But it does nothing to prevent terror attacks abroad. I didn't ask you what your solution to ISIS in Syria was, I asked what your solution to the ISIS problem was.
>>
>>53794983
Our current plan IS the military solution. Fight and kill them where they show themselves. That's what we are doing. It's entitled millennial shits like you who are standing in the way of that by insisting that a military solution can't work.
>>
>>53794849
I don't want to ruin the fun but that whole scenario was an absurd hypothetical presented for the purposes of comedy. However a few people have expressed interest in playing a game of what I'll tentatively call Soldiers of New Swabia so maybe you could get something going.
>>
>>53794986
>Pedo Enabler
I... what?
>>
>>53794998
The solution to the ISIS problem is to support the countries fighting ISIS with supplies and advice.

>>53795002
The key difference we've been arguing is that you want to send in American soldiers, while I'm happy to just help other countries do the same thing with their OWN soldiers. Now that I've very clearly and definitively explained my stance, this argument is over.
>>
>>53795019
Probably a reference to Pizzagate.

You know, that conspiracy theory where the Democratic Party was hosting a pedophile brothel using a pizza restaurant as a base of operations, all based on the fact that someone mentioned "cheese pizza" in an email.

Because "cheese pizza" is of course 4chan slang for child pornography and obviously the Democratic Party constantly uses channer slang in their internal memos as a secrete code. Obviously.
>>
>>53794892
>>53794961
https://lejournal.cnrs.fr/nos-blogs/face-au-terrorisme-la-recherche-en-action/une-vaste-enquete-sur-la-radicalite-chez-les
>Nous avons constaté dans notre étude un effet religieux qui est, on ne peut le nier, présent chez les jeunes musulmans de notre échantillon . . . ils sont trois fois plus nombreux que les autres à défendre une vision absolutiste de la religion
We found in our study a religious effect which is, we can not deny it, present among young Muslims in our sample . . . they are three times more likely than others to defend an absolutist view of religion
>>
>>53795019
The implication is that Hillary tacitly tolerated Bill doin' shit with Epstein.
>>
>>53794764
>thinking that you will be allowed to harm the people with your economic practices in a natsoc system.
Nobody denies your ability to be industrious and an entrepreneur in a natsoc system. The state steps in when your economic actions being to harm the people as a whole. Just stick with doing shit that help also the people, and you will become rich and successful.

It is the greed of this modern neoliberal system, where only the maximal profits gained matter, regardless of the damages sustained by the people who suffer from these practices, that disgusts me the most about the contemporary world.
>>
>>53795053
>>53795053
Id be a lot more inclined towards natsoc if I could avoid being discriminated against because I had the misfortune of being born the wrong race
Is there a more cosmopolitan branch of national socialism?
>>
>>53794998
Why would we want to prevent terror attacks abroad? Foreigners need to learn to hate Islamists through first-hand experience. Being told by invading Americans that "those guys there are the bad guys" doesn't work very well.
>>
>>53794931
It could have been the the same thing Obama did once or twice, but Trump is kind of a dumbass and Rudy is kind of loose lipped.

It's not exactly a Muslim ban since he didn't list the prominent Muslim majority nations; but it was clearly motivated by religious demographics rather than terrorism-risk demographics. This makes it a flagrant breach of the first amendment, which is why the courts consistently strike down his travel bans.

(Also, many of the Muslim-majority nations not on the list are ones he has business ties to, but that's another complaint altogether.)
>>
>>53794931
That interpretation would be a lot more workable if Trump and Rudy didn't explicitly call it a legal muslim ban on twitter and on national TV

If they had both just shut up and signed the order it would have gone through.
>>
>>53795106
> This makes it a flagrant breach of the first amendment, which is why the courts consistently strike down his travel bans.

Nope. Nowhere in the ban is religion used, so it doesn't violate the first amendment. The courts have been striking it down illegitimately using absurd things like Trump's tweets as evidence that the law is somehow bad. They've completely overstepped their bounds, even by the standards of liberal judicial activism. The fact is that the president has the legal authority to decide who can come into the country and who can't, and the only reason that the courts have been able to get away with such a blatant powergrab is that the MSM has been covering for them nonstop just to try to get in Trump's way. If we still had rule of law, the whole 9th circuit would have been shot for treason a long time ago.
>>
>>53795148
>If we still had rule of law, the whole 9th circuit would have been shot for treason a long time ago.

This is stunningly ironic.
>>
>>53795148
Rudy also said on fox news Trump told him to help make a legal Muslim ban. Donald Trump doesn't have a personal life anymore, he's the president. The same way Obama's "guns and religion" thing was used by lawmakers as a sign of his disdain for Christian Americans, Trumps own words are being used against him. If he just shut up their whole arguement would fall apart.
>>
File: Wrong.gif (704KB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
Wrong.gif
704KB, 480x287px
>>53795139
> That interpretation would be a lot more workable if Trump and Rudy didn't explicitly call it a legal muslim ban on twitter and on national TV

Rudy doesn't matter, nor do random tweets.
>>
>>53795053
Keep up the disgust. It will certainly make a good shield against the rifle jammed in your ear should you ever come to try and enforce your collectivist drivel.
>>
>>53794986
I feel like even the typical normie would just shrug at these. They're not particularly clever or funny, they just sound like the kind of thing a middle aged white supremacist would scream in between sipping his Budweiser and listening to Alex Jones.
>>
>>53795196
If random tweets didn't matter Donald Trump would never have been elected
>>
>>53794931
>It doesn't ban muslims. Muslims are allowed to come in, so it's not a muslim ban.
It's a ban on a number of majority-Muslim countries, with the president himself having referred to it as a "Muslim ban". And given this issue is entirely about how it appears to Muslims - it's a Muslim ban.

>Once again, you liberals are blowing everything completely out of proportion to try to justify ISIS's behavior and blame their victims rather than the terrorists.
Yeah, no. That strawman is dead, you can stop hitting it now.

>>53794961
>What's causing it
>Islam.
Oh boy, I'd like to see you try and put forward evidence for that.
From where I'm sitting, Islam looks like little more than dressing to Islamic terrorism. - A combination of utterly fucked economies, widespread social issues and the historical shitshow of foreign intervention in Arabic countries seems like a far more powerful push towards extremism and violence and any particular holy book.

>a sovereign nation protecting the integrity of its borders is disenfranchisement
Really? What threats did it protect you from?
Were there any reports of ISIS agents coming into the US via immigration channels?

>>53795196
>Trump's tweets don't matter.
What planet are you on?
>>
>>53795088
The idea that national socialism is necessarily genocidal is somewhat of a caricature of the ideology born out of allied propaganda that unfortunately even some of it's advocates cling to.
Hitler did desire to remove the jews from power in Germany, and for a very good reason, given that not only were numerous jews behind the failed communist uprising in Weimar germany, but also many jews were behind the utter degeneracy that was being pushed onto the german people, media, and also the banks of Weimar, that all had worked towards reducing the people of Germany into a state of utter squalor where families fathers had to whore their wives and daughters to get enough money for a slice of bread.

Distinction here, that I do want to make, is that of course, not ALL JEWS were behind this shit. There were tons of completely ordinary jewish people in Germany, that suffered from this shit as well, but the fact remains that much like today, Jews were extremely over presented in pushing the shit mentioned above in Weimar.
Hitler and his party saw jews as an existential threat to their own people, which given the state Weimar was in, I am inclined to agree on.
I do not belive that he had some industrial scale plan to exterminate them all, as in I don't believe that holocaust, as the allies depict it in the official history, happened. I do believe that plenty of jews (though not all, many served the Nazi party as well), were rounded up along with other dissidents and undesirables to concentration camps during war time, and even before that, because the risk of them causing sabotage to the nation was considerable. Hitler seemed content in letting the Jews leave germany freely for a quite while, and his intent seemed to just deport the Jews so they could form their own homeland. Their regrettable deaths in the camps most likely came from starvation and typhus epidemics. The evidence for the industrial scale mass killing is laughably flimsy imo.

cont.
>>
>>53795224
>>53795246
It's hilarious watching liberals run around in circles screaming that the sky is falling with every single tweet. They're fucking tweets, they're meaningless, they have zero legal or policy impact. Acting like they're evidence of anything is insane.
>>
>>53795275
It's even more hilarious watching you move those goalposts to try and defend Daddy Drumpfykins.
>>
>>53795275
Yeah, no.
Public announcements from the President of the United states are not "meaningless".
Even if they're nonsense posted at 2am.
>>
>>53795252
National socialism is a philosophy invented to justify dictatorship, in much the same way that Ayn Rand's objectivism is a philosophy invented to justify being a selfish asshole. In both cases it's just someone who wants to indulge their base desires for wealth or power or status while also telling themselves that they are virtuous for doing so.
>>
>>53795088
>>53795252
As for my personal views, I have no desire to exterminate anyone, outside of a scenario where a group of people become a truly existential threat to the survival of my own people.

My views ultimately stem from the ideal that each group of people, be it Russians, Jews, Japanese, Somalians or whatever, should be free to govern themselves and live as they see fit in their own homelands.
I don't view my people as objectively superior people to other peoples. I view my people as subjectively the most valuable people, to me, of course, just like I'd view my own child as more valuable to me, than that of another man's child.

What I desire, is merely that my people can retain our homeland and freedom to govern ourselves without outside interference and without foreign peoples setting up enclaves within our lands, which will inevitably lead to conflict. I do not seek any such conflict, but I recognize that when two tribes of people meet, the outcome often ends in violence, and thus clearly set boundaries between different groups, is the best safeguard against war.

Ultimately, I just want to live in a safe homeland where my own children do not have to fear violence and oppression from foreign peoples, be that from individuals, of foreign governments.
>>
>>53795196
Scienter and mens rea matter legally.
Intent matters in the eyes of the law.
What someone says can be used as evidence of intent.
You can argue all you want that Trump didn't mean a literal muslim ban, or that it was just campaign talk, or that this is unrelated to what he and people under his employ spoke and wrote about, but to just say that what the POTUS publishes for the whole world to see doesnt matter is absurd

There's a reason companies and politicians use other people to manage their communications. It's so they can avoid situations like this and blame the guy who literally types shit out.
>>
>>53794985
They didn't demonize it that hard, it was already that fucking bad. Systematically genociding portions of your country's population is not only irresponsible but also immoral.
>>
>>53795246
>A combination of utterly fucked economies, widespread social issues and the historical shitshow of foreign intervention in Arabic countries
All it takes to disprove this is a look at Muslim radicalization in the West, where none of those are issues. See >>53795046

>What threats did it protect you from?
Ask again once it's been given a chance in earnest.
>>
>>53795318
Name a single thing in the text of the law that violates the Constitution. Without that, you have nothing, just mindless conjecture and speculation about what is going on in someone's head. The law must be clear cut, and that means looking at the text of the law rather than running off into a liberal fantasy land.
>>
>>53795309
I do not believe so.
I honestly have no real desire to rule over anyone. I am not a born ruler. I am antisocial, and prefer the company of my own family and close friends, not that of large crowds and masses.

My advocacy of National socialism stems from the realization that such political system would be far better at safeguarding the safety and survival of my people, than our modern system is, where the the mere desire to preserve the existence of your people is deemed wrong.
I got no desire to be a leader of such system at all.
More on my personal views here:
>>53795311

Think about it. Saying the phrase "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children" is basically cardinal sin in our society. Would it be so, if one switched white to black, or asian? I am not so sure if it would.

>>53795329
Jews were not part of Germany's population according to the national socialists. They viewed the jews as an external element to their people, and in many ways they were correct on those views, given the insularity of the jews, and their utterly different background.

As for morality, it boils down to opinions. I view the survival of my own people as the highest moral good. Everything else is of lesser value to it.
>>
>It's another "Americans think their democrats count as leftists anywhere outside the US" thread

Hilary Clinton would have been on the conservative ticket if she ran literally anywhere in Europe
>>
>>53795351
Despite what you may think law is actually open to interpretation that's why the supreme court is a panel of judges and state attorneys and judges have discretionary powers.
>>
>>53795346
>All it takes to disprove this is a look at Muslim radicalization in the West, where none of those are issues.
All of those things matter there, If anything, they'd matter MORE under those circumstances.
From your own source (via Google translate):
>On the other hand, the feeling of being discriminated against is twice as strong in our sample, especially among young people of Muslim faith or of foreign origin. We must consider that religious factors combine identity issues, mixed with feelings of victimization and discrimination, to explain the adherence to radicalism.

>Ask again once it's been given a chance in earnest.
No, I mean historically. Who came in via immigration, who wouldn't have if the ban had been rolled out earlier?
>>
>>53795391
Laws only need to be interpreted if the text is unclear. If the text is clear, then all you need is the text and bringing in other stuff to try to muddy the issue is nothing more than the worst sort of judicial activism.
>>
>>53795318
>Constitutional law should be interpreted based on what I think this guy meant when he wrote this thing because I interpreted this thing he said to mean this even though none of any of that was in the text at all
No. Intent matters but the bar is a lot higher than what you're suggesting.

>>53795380
>I am not a born ruler. I am antisocial, and prefer the company of my own family and close friends, not that of large crowds and masses.
Who do you believe to be "your people"? Tell us. Be honest. Do you really understand what it means to draw the line at *only your race*? Do you really understand what it means to draw the line to include *all of your race*?

>>53795385
Anyone who says "Democrats aren't left" is making a bald-faced attempt at normalizing socialism. Leftwards is leftwards is leftwards.
>>
>>53795385
> implying we want to be like Europe
Unlike you, some of us don't want to let mudslimes slaughter our people in the streets. Europe is a leftist shithole, that doesn't mean that their warped perspective when it comes to left vs right is something that should be emulated.
>>
>>53793573
Our state legislature seems hellbent on destroying that self-sufficiency with stupid projects and illl-advised welfare programs however.
>>
>tfw my state cucked Trump
Feels pretty good
>>
>>53795395
Let's take a look.
>utterly fucked economies
Not a factor.
>foreign intervention in Arabic countries
Not a factor.
>widespread social issues
This is the only one you would be legitimate in attempting to claim. Let's examine it further.
>the feeling of being discriminated against is twice as strong
But not actual discrimination against. Furthermore, if your religion is so objectionable in a climate as permissive as western Europe, and your response in face of it is simply to double down on it, it's pretty clear to see where the problem lies.

>No, I mean historically. Who came in via immigration, who wouldn't have if the ban had been rolled out earlier?
Give it time.
>>
>>53795477
>Not a factor.
Those things all are factors, unless you want to pretend that immigration creates a clean slate.

>the feeling of being discriminated against is twice as strong
>But not actual discrimination against.
Where are you getting that from?

>Furthermore, if your religion is so objectionable in a climate as permissive as western Europe,
What?

>and your response in face of it is simply to double down on it, it's pretty clear to see where the problem lies.
I'm not defending those people. I'm trying to point out that they (and their views) don't emerge out of thin air.
>>
>>53794705
That is the Serb line, poltards aren't serbs, they're edgelords.
>>
>>53795429
I consider my people to be the Finns, to which the people who are ethnically Finnish (as in, draw their ancestry from the various Finnic tribes that inhabited the northern regions of Europe where our people have lived since the roman period) and people whose cultures roughly fall under the umbrella of Finnish culture (again, traditions, ways of living etc that have roots in Finland, though necessarily this category does not have as strict boundaries as the former, because culture is a very flux concept).
Those are the two main categories, ethnicity and culture.
Other, important factor is loyalty to one's own people and culture. There are many among my people, who have zero loyalty towards our people or our future and would gladly sell us all to slavery under foreign rule, for their own benefit.
These people are nothing short of traitors, and I detest them utterly. I do not hate foreigners as a matter of principle, I only hate them if they form a threat, but traitors I hate with complete absolution. Traitors deserve death.
>>
>>53795518
>These people are nothing short of traitors, and I detest them utterly.
You should, because they are why you are doomed to failure. In very, very, very simple terms, you can choose your friends but not your family, and it only becomes more true when you extend your family out to such reaches. In practice you will either weigh ideology greater than ethnicity and fail what you set out to do, weigh ethnicity greater than ideology and implode upon yourself, or attempt to enforce both and plunge your own people into a hell of your own devising.
>>
>>53795518
Interesting worldview. Have you ever considered allowing your current culture to be preserved via museums/memory so that you might be able to integrate with another culture in hopes of creating something new and better?

If so, did you come to the conclusion that combining cultures through peaceful co-existence was bad or good?
>>
>>53795573
Holy shit, nice counter-arguement
>>
>>53795573
Treasonous elements can be removed.
Like a member of a family that betrays his/her family can be exiled, so can a treasonous person that betrays his/her people.

I do not share your defeatism regarding this.
The phoenix like rebirth of the German people from the decadence and squalor of Weimar, and the unity of cause and action they exhibited during the time of the Reich are beacon of hope for me. That even of history shows that no matter how bad things get, there is always a way to turn things around and rise again.

>>53795613
>Have you ever considered allowing your current culture to be preserved via museums/memory so that you might be able to integrate with another culture in hopes of creating something new and better?

Such would be nothing more than a snapshot of a moment in our culture. Culture is an evolving and changing thing, that should be treated more like a verb than a noun. What I understand as truly preserving our culture, is allowing it to evolve and change at it's natural pace trough the actions of our people, while also remembering it's past forms and retaining what was good about them.

Integration with a foreign culture can lead to good. I do not pretend that the introduction of agriculture to my ancient hunter gatherer ancestors was some sort of bad thing. However, at this moment in time, the cultures that we are pressed to integrate, not only threaten to utterly consume us (Murrican culture for one), but also represent values and lifestyles utterly foreign to us, and in no way beneficial to our people (Islam). I do not think that any form of integration with the self obsessed American consumerist culture or Islamic barbaism, are good things. Unfortunately, the former has partially already happened, and the later is being pushed hard onto us

>If so, did you come to the conclusion that combining cultures through peaceful co-existence was bad or good?
As I alluded in above, it depends entirely in the situation and cultures in question.
>>
File: 1481579897652.jpg (40KB, 540x588px) Image search: [Google]
1481579897652.jpg
40KB, 540x588px
>>53795671
>Treasonous elements can be removed.
>I do not share your defeatism regarding this.
Well, that's the linchpin, isn't it? If nothing else, I can at least appreciate both your honesty and optimism.
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 736x592px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 736x592px
>all this pretentious pseudophilosophical rambling on the traditional games board of an anime website
I don't know which is funnier, that any of you retards actually believe what you're saying or that you're saying it here of all places
>>
>>53795671
You know if it weren't for that whole eugenics/militant culture preservation you would be politically aligned with me
>>
>>53794401
But that wasn't religiously motivated, that was because the IRA wanted Ireland to be independent of the British.
>>
File: 1446418076338.png (25KB, 276x213px) Image search: [Google]
1446418076338.png
25KB, 276x213px
>>53795714
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 900x810px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 900x810px
>>53795735
>implying you have to be Centrist to recognize a dumbass when you see one

lmaoing at you to be honest fampai
>>
>>53795713
>Well, that's the linchpin, isn't it?
Indeed it is. The acceptance of violence as sometimes a necessary tool for the control of corrupting and treasonous elements is something I am fine with.

>I can at least appreciate both your honesty and optimism.
Thank you.

>>53795719
>You know if it weren't for that whole eugenics/militant culture preservation you would be politically aligned with me
Preservation is somewhat of a bad term imo. It is more of "refining", as in retaining what was already good, and adding improved elements to it constantly.
Same goes for the whole eugenics stuff. I view it as refining of the people towards the Overman, and imo, that strive should be within every person already. It is nothing but self improvement, extended to your whole people. Once I took upon this ideology fully, I began to work out and rid myself of my bad habits. I am still in the throes of this transformation, but I have already lost weight and improved my formerly unhealthy ways tremendously.
Just like I desire that every person should reach their full potential, I desire that my people as a whole would reach our full potential.

Also, I'd like to thank you both for actually engaging me in this discussion instead of just going "kys" nazi" etc banal insults. This is not a topic I get to discuss often and even if you do not agree with me at all, and even if you utterly detest my views, which I can understand, at least you can get some insight to a worldview you yourselves may not have not actually encountered before, and can use it to add nuance to your games or whatever.

Quite honestly, I detest the stereotypical neo-nazis, because they don't even fucking understand the ideology they supposedly advocate. They are the fucking untermench Nazi propaganda depicted. Low class, low intelligence morons that just seek excuses to act like violent thug. You'd never fucking see me among them, nor would you never see from the outside that I hold these views.
>>
File: nazi animu grill.jpg (56KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
nazi animu grill.jpg
56KB, 900x675px
>>53795780
I can post animu grills too famalam.
>>
>>53795797
>Once I took upon this ideology fully, I began to work out and rid myself of my bad habits. I am still in the throes of this transformation, but I have already lost weight and improved my formerly unhealthy ways tremendously.

... if you still post on 4chan, especially in a /pol/ bait thread on /tg/, you have some ways to go.
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 800x600px
>>53795812
>>
>>53795840
I know that full well.
This site is the source of much for me, both bad and good. I would not have experienced my political awakening, nor would I have found many other passions of mine before that, including miniature games and world building, if it was not for this site, but I would also have had much time for other, more constructive things if I had never stumbled upon this site a decade ago.

As it is, the struggle of self improvement, is a constant one.
>>
File: 1418532312637.jpg (25KB, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
1418532312637.jpg
25KB, 256x197px
Whole Lotta /pol/ shit out here today
>>
>>53795979
What a productive comment to a thread that is already autosaging.
>>
>>53791253
I think everyone who does this is like that. They're all so tone-deaf. I'm yet another of these, I don't like Donald Trump but don't mess up a game by dragging it into nofunserious politics.
>>
>>53793573
>We're already completely self-sufficient

Calicucks actually believe this?
>>
File: 1419811956707.jpg (37KB, 493x354px) Image search: [Google]
1419811956707.jpg
37KB, 493x354px
>>53796025
More productive than the whole rest of this thread
>>
>>53792275
Our ancestors fought and died to grant us the freedom we have now. To ensure their noble sacrifices are not in vain it is the duty of the people to uphold the traditions and values that they fought for. This is not to say that progress is wrong - innovation is the mark of any good society. But we must not lose sight of the core beliefs that make us who we are - anyone who seeks to tear down or replace these beliefs is a cancer upon our community.

>Also
Governments should never be detached from their people. Every good leader possesses the ability to be trusted and relied on by the people he represents. If we do not know enough about the person behind the position, then that person is not fit to make decisions on our behalf.
Thread posts: 373
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.