[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm brand new to mtg and am kind of lost, whats a good way

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1495698658320.jpg (100KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1495698658320.jpg
100KB, 720x540px
I'm brand new to mtg and am kind of lost, whats a good way to get cheap cards?
>>
Commons bin.

Most shops that sell cards have one
>>
Draft chaff.
>>
>>53782453
Stealing
>>
>>53782453
Draft, draft chaff, commons bin
>>
>>53782453
I bought a Deckbuilder's Toolkit when I was super new. It was a nice early boost of cards so I could start messing around with the game.

Not sure how people view them on /tg/ though, they could well be a waste of money.
>>
neat
>>
File: jace bearleren.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
jace bearleren.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>53782728
unless your entire diet consists of ramen, $20 isn't that much of a drop in the bucket, especially when you've taken up m:tg as a hobby.

>>53782453
how cheap are we talking?
>>
>>53782453
MTG is pure pay to win so unless you have a huge disposable income it's not worth getting into in any competitive sense.
>>
>>53783405
Limited formats aren't pay to win at all (though most still require huge disposable income just to play).
In constructed formats, the most expensive deck isn't necessarily the best deck either. There is a monetary threshold you need to be able to reach, but beyond that spending more won't help you.
>>
>>53782728
Imo Fat packs / bundles / whatever they are calling it these days are the best first product. Toolkits aren't the worst though.
>>
>>53783514
>Limited formats aren't pay to win at all

They are in the sense you have to play loads of games to get any good at them which means continually buying cards.

>Spending more won't help you.

Keeping up with the ever shifting metagame is always going to cost you a small fortune as individual cards go in and out of favour not to mention the possibility of your entire deck becoming obsoleted and the fact you'll either need to practice and proxy lots before you settle on a deck to use or somehow afford enough to buy all the top decks in the metagame.
>>
>>53783982
Neither of those things are pay to win. Pay to play? Yes. Pay to win? No.

P.S. You can practice sealed and limited online without paying anything.
>>
>>53782453
Look for the guy crying in the back of the gaming store.
>>
>>53782453
I know in my FLGS a lot of people leave their commons and uncommons lying around after opening a box. If they're not claimed in 24 hours the store hands 'em out (they'll get thrown away otherwise). That's a good way to stock up on a lot of worthless shit that will clutter up your house and get you an appearance on the show Hoarders.
>>
If you don't play The Pauper format (that is great BTW) or don't manage to play ultra casual with your friends, you don't need the cheap cards...
>>
>>53782899
pretty cheap, don't really have too much of a disposable income atm but can make a purchase here and there I guess.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.