[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have a close knit D&D group >run gritty oldschool

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 396
Thread images: 42

File: 1496831310454.jpg (838KB, 2952x2031px) Image search: [Google]
1496831310454.jpg
838KB, 2952x2031px
>have a close knit D&D group
>run gritty oldschool game
>campaign comes to a close, player wants to invite GF to next one in the same world but asks we make it a bit more progressive because she's a bit more leftist than us, she doesn't like that the main LG Paladin order is all male
>politely decline, say someone else can run but I won't change the setting we've always gamed in
>guy with GF says he'll run

>send character concept, no reply
>just before campaign starts ask wtf is up
>"sorry anon, I told my GF what you said and she said she didn't really want you in the game, so we found another player, she said she's wanted to try D&D for ages. No hard feelings, right, you didn't really seem into this idea anyway from how you reacted."

Feels kinda bad to be kicked out of the group you started because you wouldn't retcon the setting you'd crafted for years just so someone's GF could play a ladyknight in an all male order.

That Guy/times your group betrayed you thread?
>>
>>53779133
You were kicked out because you are a That Guy and now you're lying. Why are you lying anon, on the internet of all places? We don't know you, we won't hold it against you. Just stop lying anon. There is no reason.
>>
>>53779133
fucking rekt lol

>not letting a single ladyknight in an all male order
why even tho
PCs are special snowflakes by their nature anon, instead of writing the hook you rekt yourself
>>
>>53779191
this is absolute truth

this is now an 'all 'That Guy's believe themselves to be in the right thread
>>
>>53779133
Should have just rolled with it and run a game in a different setting. That way you could preserve the background you wrote, and not alienate people.
>>
>>53779194
Yep, I mean why shouldn't we have female space marines too? Or male Sisters of Battle?
>>
File: 1475886600985.jpg (10KB, 218x247px) Image search: [Google]
1475886600985.jpg
10KB, 218x247px
>weap up
English isn't my first language, please help.
>>
File: HA.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
HA.gif
2MB, 300x225px
>literally can't retcon one thing
>no Sweet Polly Oliver cross-dressing shenanigans
>"betrayal"
>>
>>53779133
Eh I don't know if he was That Guy. The way you wrote this out it seems like you're trying to hide how autistic you were when you responded.
I don't think you should be so attached to your setting. You aren't writing a novel, you're provided an interesting world for players to explore. Even then most of the world is just a plot device.
>>
>>53779272
because 40K is a game of enormous armies and D&D is a game of very special individuals. Easy as that.
>>
>>53779133
You could've stood to be more permissive if she wanted to play a female paladin, but the guy and the other players are jackasses for just kicking you out and hijacking your game without notice.
>>
File: 1419825147360.jpg (29KB, 519x370px) Image search: [Google]
1419825147360.jpg
29KB, 519x370px
One of countless stories of a woman and a leftist ruining a gaming group.

GG OP. Time to go find some new friends.

Take heart though, she's going to create so much drama and the PC bullshit will become so trying your old gaming group will disbanded in no time.

Truly, it was dead the second she became involved. Bad luck m80.
>>
>>53779194
>PCs are special snowflakes by their nature
>Allowing this
Why has this cancerous shit become so popular in the last few years? "The world goes on without you" used to be a popular theme.
>>
>>53779191
There is no reason to assume they're lying.
>>
>>53779133
OP, it sounds like your friends decided to do this as a group. They chose to cut you out without telling you.either because they don't want to deal with an autistic freak out or because they didn't want to hurt your feelings.
Maybe you should apologize and ask to be in the game if it means that much to you?
>>
>>53779133
The image in the OP makes you come over creepy, OP.
>>
File: hehehehehehe.gif (1MB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
hehehehehehe.gif
1MB, 800x533px
>all these people taking the bait.
>>
>>53779313
> an all male order of paladins
>somehow different from an all male order of space monks
>>
>>53779133
>missing one campaign
>the same as being kicked from the group
Sit this one out, then run something after it's over.

If you've been with the same playgroup for that long, a member shouldn't have to be part of every game ever to maintain membership. Hell, my group has explicitly run campaigns that exclude one or more of our regular players for various reasons, and it's never been a problem.
>>
>>53779370
OP's player wrote this
>>
File: 1344511537356.jpg (31KB, 300x331px) Image search: [Google]
1344511537356.jpg
31KB, 300x331px
>>53779272
>>53779217
>>53779194
>>53779191
Are you cunts for real. How is he "that guy" for wanting to maintain the setting. If an "all male order" in their made up setting is historically all male, why the fuck would that change? And more importantly, why SHOULD it change just because this chick who hasn't even played with you guys before doesn't like it. That's her beef. Not really sure why the entire fucking fantasy setting has to be shifted to accommodate her personal gender problems.

>>53779239
This guy sort of has the right idea, like making a new setting would be fine, but I think that is OP's beef. From what i can tell they wanted to use the same setting, but pervert it to satisfy the over-the-top political demands from this new player.

Just ask yourself, if this GF was just a random dude joining the group, how would the same demands be met?

OP don't listen to these cucks.
>>
>>53779400
It didn't happen you retard.
>>
>>53779133
>weak

For fucks sake, is it too hard to do a double check ?
Also sauce?

Anyway, your mistake OP was to apply as a player in the first place. When that guy said i will run it if thats the case you should have said. Lol, fuck you faggots play it yourselves than, this is my setting and i wont see it ruined it by a cuck who cant stand up to his gf.
Have fun with yourselves i am out.
>>
>>53779133
>asks if we make it a bit more progressive because she's a bit more leftist than us

dating a leftist in 2017
There is your problem
>>
>>53779360
The world goes on without gods or men. PCs are special by their very nature. These aren't contradictory statements.
>>
File: Sweet Polly Oliver.jpg (50KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
Sweet Polly Oliver.jpg
50KB, 800x533px
>>53779277
How can we help if you can only speak contextless nonsense?
>>53779297
>>no Sweet Polly Oliver cross-dressing shenanigans
This. I don't care that OP is making up a fake story, I miss this hook. What happened to it?
>>
>>53779360
This. Why do people so feel coerced to pander to these fucking nutcases?

If she doesn't like the setting then she should fuck off, or come up with a new one.
>>
>>53779446
That's not an answer, cuck. Had a guy demanded this he would have been refused outright and possibly belittled for asking. Short of some high end autism a guy wouldn't have convinced the rest of the group to deliberately exclude the OP.

A vagina whined, and the sad fact is tabletop gamers are as easily swayed by the presence of a women as any other traditionally fringe male group.The girl complained, her partner obeys because sex depends on it and everyone else follows in the hope that the bf will fuck up and give them a shot
>>
>>53779133
>kicked out from group
>not joining one game
Choose one. My group has played with each other for more than 10 years, there's been years when some of us haven't played together in the middle of it.

Learn to talk to people. This whole sad story would end with you being active and contacting your friends and asking them to let you in, if it's that big of a blow.
>>
>>53779400
> If an "all male order" in their made up setting is historically all male, why the fuck would that change?
A lot of things used to be 'all male'. Societies and organisations change.

Rigid, stagnant settings are boring. Boring settings are not a worthwhile hill to die on.

OP made his own shitty bed, now he gets to lie in it.
>>
>>53779392
Not just getting kicked out but BETRAYED

Fucking idiot

Reading between the lines it's obvious that she didn't even ask to be in the all male order - she asked to play a LG paladin. Like a fucking idiot he failed to understand that dnd classes are archetypes and not organizations
>>
>>53779400

Wanting to play a knight of the same gender as yours in D&D shouldn't mark your character instantly as an outsider.

Also, the game is for the players. If you want to exclude one of them or make them feel personally uncomfortable, you're valuing your fantasy world more than your social relationships with actual people. Get your priorities straight.
>>
>>53779501
>PCs are special by their very nature

They are only special in a sense they are main characters. That doesn't mean they have plot-shields. And if they die story will go on. So in that manner "The world goes on without PCs"

Best example of this is old school rpgs that were meat grinders. Focus wasn't on PCs but on story, exploration, adventure and experience. Example of this is Game of Thrones. Characters die. Story moves on. World goes on.
>>
>>53779133
>>campaign comes to a close, player wants to invite GF to next one in the same world but asks we make it a bit more progressive because she's a bit more leftist than us, she doesn't like that the main LG Paladin order is all male
Maybe she'd be the first clam in the sausage order?

>>politely decline, say someone else can run but I won't change the setting we've always gamed in
Sure sounds like Medieval Stasis

>>No hard feelings, right, you didn't really seem into this idea anyway from how you reacted."
Sounds like your not telling the whole story
>>
>>53779133
A progressive leftist is not Lawful Good. They've no idea how to be Lawful Good.
>>
File: 1496266303176.png (937KB, 776x795px) Image search: [Google]
1496266303176.png
937KB, 776x795px
>>53779542

I yearn to see the day when android revolution finally happens and bitches that has no value beyond their flesh parts loses their meaning.

That way man can finally focus on working on whatever field they are in and advance humanity instead of spending incredible amounts of time on search for pussy.

When that happens mankind will conquer the stars themselves.
>>
>>53779567
>Best example of this is old school rpgs that were meat grinders. Focus wasn't on PCs but on story, exploration, adventure and experience.
Revise history harder, faggot. Old-school meat grinder RPGs were about solving puzzles and defeating enemies with practically faceless archetypal heroes.
>>
>>53779367
It's the Internet
Everyone is lying

On an unrelated note, I'm with the FBI, and I need your name, social security number and credit card numbers to make sure you're not lying.
>>
>The replies on this thread
Since when /tg/ has been so full of pussy starved white knights? Goddamn son. This is pathetic to see.
>>
>>53779553
>A lot of things used to be 'all male'. Societies and organisations change
Yeah, but unless the female players arrival caused the world to advance a few centuries I don't see how it now suede my becomes progressive.
>>
>>53779593
What would you say the alignment of modern American liberalism is? Chaotic Neutral?
>>
>>53779606
Go back to /r9k/.
>>
>>53779627
Go back to tumblr.
>>
>>53779530
That's exactly what they did.
>>
Mister creative fuckin genius could've put her as a wannabe whose petitions to join the all-male order keep being laughed out of the door but nah when has that ever actually happened in any setting but a progressive's wet dream oh wait history
>>
>>53779277
It's a mistake on the part of the artist, it should be Wake up.
>>
>>53779553
This is why it should be legal for me as a man to just walk into a women's restroom whenever I want! I'm smashing gender norms bitches!
>>
>>53779613
You can set a game in whatever time period in fictional world X you like.

If a new player voices a preference for prehistory and your other players are on board with exploring what the stone age was like in your world, what are you supposed to do? Throw a fit because the world is medieval fantasy and can never be anything else, ever?
>>
>>53779133
If your friends kicked you out because one person was uncomfortable with minor shit, and without talking it out, then they're not your friends. Unless there's more going on than you're letting us know, of course...

Another alternative is that maybe the guy's gf has been spreading lies about you. Then again it's possible you acted so autistic she didn't have to make anything up.
>>
>>53779613
Joan of Arc was literally a paladin and didn't have to use a time machine
>>
>>53779667
>Glorified cheerleader
>Paladin
Ahahahaah
>>
>>53779660
In what kind of dystopian country do you live, if gender-segregated restrooms have actually been codified in law?
>>
>>53779582
>Maybe she'd be the first clam in the sausage order?
For what reason?

>Sounds like your not telling the whole story
Thinking his friend will actually side with his friend when he needs to be careful and not insult a sex-provider. I seen people leaving all their friends because their girlfriend didn't like them or they thought they were a bad influence. You are underestimating the power of vagina has over a man.
>>
The funny thing is that all the spergs defending the girl in OP post would most certainly do the same if they were in OP position. Worse, I bet that is instead of a girl had it been a guy they'd have told the guy to fuck off or something of the sort. /tg/ is so full of hypocrites it hurts.
>>
>>53779680
>For what reason?
For what reason should any character want or do anything?
>>
>>53779558
Then maybe she should start her own order, instead of trying to break an existing one?
>>
>>53779604
>practically faceless archetypal heroes

and somehow everyone has a story about when his character <named this and that> did something awesome. Even game designers talk about people coming to them and talking about their awesome characters and awesome moments. So much for faceless characters.
>>
>>53779133

>Not offering her the chance to play a cross-dressing girl who hides her gender because she always wanted to be a paladin.

Do you hate fun, OP?
>>
File: sweating intensifies.png (1MB, 600x1800px) Image search: [Google]
sweating intensifies.png
1MB, 600x1800px
>>53779272
>Sister of Battle (male)

Tell me more....
>>
>>53779672
>Glorified cheerleader
Britbongs, keep moving. This is a french thread.
>>
>>53779680
>sex-provider
>the power a vagina has over a man
Relationships can be about more than sex, you antisocial cretin. Have you ever entertained the notion that someone's girlfriend may have just grown to be a closer friend than one particular gaming buddy?
>>
>>53779722
Read the fucking post.

>Old-school meat grinder RPGs
>>
>>53779726
Not OP, but provided he's not making it up, she doesn't sound like the kind to take kindly to such an idea.
>>
>>53779719
I bet you she asked to play a female LG paladin (through her bf sounds like) and he said "this isnt some progressive circle jerk the order of paladins is only for men"
>>
>>53779719
How is introducing a new order into The Fantasy World That Must Not Change better than changing an existing one?
>>
>>53779667
>Joan of Arc was literally a paladin
she's literally 600 years too late to be a paladin
>>
>>53779133
"Sorry anonette, the order of knights is all-male. Would you like to start your own order of (((PROGRESSIVE))) knights in my campaign world?"

Then either she does something interesting and contributes, or she gets bored and her order can be expunged from the world afterward.
>>
>>53779667
She wasn't a paladin she was a female knight which is respectable, but it's not the same thing as joining an order of religious zealots the are specifically male only. If it's anything like other orders they likely have that rule for religious reasons and as such would probably be breaking their code.
>>
>>53779735
>This is a french thread.
No wonder there's so many pussies putting vagina on a pedestal here.
>>
>>53779674
I identify as non- binary trans-ethnic pan-otherkin with tripolar disorder and I am somewhere on the autistic spectrum (according to this test I took on tumblr)!
Everyone and everything is oppressive shitlord!
It's the straight white cis male kierarchy that's keeping me from shitting in urinals!
>>
>>53779782
Is this is the correct answer.
Or say something like
"Well this is how the order is right now. If you want it to change, you have to play the game and change it."

Leftists get rock hard for reforming old shit male only shit and maybe she'd do a good job
>>
>>53779558
>Get your priorities straight
>having no creative integrity just so some entitled bitch can play EXACTLY what she wants

Ok anon I want to play a furry seductress, and you HAVE to allow it or else you're oppressing me. Get your priorities straight.
>>
>>53779771
Someone being literally a paladin in a d&d context means fitting the archetype of a paladin as laid out in the game pls keep up
>>
>>53779767
See
>>53779782

It would allow her to develop something that's hers, instead of taking from others.
Do you character development bro?
>>
>>53779133
>Time for DMs girfriend stories.

Seriously you should have run the game and just made up a different background for her.
Make her a special snowflake that was raised by a knight of the order while stranded on an island thus explaining her away as a loose member of the order.
>>
>>53779620
Lawful Evil. It's 100% principles with no regard for freedom or sense.

That's most political extremes, of course, but liberalism is getting more extreme by the day.
>>
>>53779786
> Literally gives shelter to men, administer their money and guides them to the Holy Land so they can kill Muslims in their name
> Womens are not allowed
Isn't strange that women can't join an Order that is literally all about their gender role
>>
>>53779805
This

But he couldn't have that, that'd make the game even *more* about progressive politics and can't have the PCs changing anything about the game world nawh
>>
>>53779672
What do you think auras are for?
>>
File: 1497357417688.jpg (1MB, 2952x2031px) Image search: [Google]
1497357417688.jpg
1MB, 2952x2031px
>>53779133

It took me 10000 hours in MS paint but I fixed it
>>
>>53779850
This is the only good knights hospitalier joke I've ever seen
>>
>>53779846
It doesn't seem lawful at all to me, considering they change their tune at the drop of a hat whenever it benefits them. All the double standards the whole movement is founded upon are far from lawful, too.

I wouldn't call them evil, either. Some are, but most are just in it out of peer pressure, misinformation or plain stupidity.
>>
>>53779739

No. Because out of 15-20 people I know everyone was put into inferior position where woman was wearing pants in the relationship. Also from my experience woman want to have a clear distinction who is in charge. Either you or them.

And yes. It is about sex. You approach women because you find them sexually attractive. Do you think new couples are crazy about each and practically all over each other all the time for some reason? Relationship happens or doesn't happen afterwards. They'll either find a common ground or not. And many people will stay in non-productive relationship rather to be single because society sees that as a weakness and they themselves can't function that way. I know girls who can't stay single for more that 3-4 months. I know a guy who will blow plans with his friends for a possible one night stand (possible, not guaranteed)
>>
>>53779739
Not even talking D&D wise, but I've lost friends over exactly what the guy is talking about. Relationships definitely can be about more than sex, but you'd be a fool to pretend that sex doesn't help manipulate someone.

In my case a friend I'd known since kindergarten got a girlfriend and everything was fine for awhile. Then he started hanging out with us less, which was understandable he has a girlfriend now. Then he dropped of the face of the earth for a year.

After that he contacted us again and told us that his girlfriend hadn't liked us and told him that he'd be worthless if he hung out with us. This isn't to paint women in a bad light, as I and I'm sure many of us have good stories about them, but it happens and when it does it hits hard.
>>
>>53779660
Don't show your autistry so much. We're talking about a game here, and how one could easily lull into verisimilitude with previously all male organizations. Not life and death, stressful situation where your core being is under physical attack.
>>
>tfw she dodged a bullet and the DM would've had her constantly getting tied up and throwing sexist remarks at her that she can't get pissed at bc "t-t-that's the way things are!!!"
>>
>>53779133
>invite GF
Why do people never learn?
>inb4youhatewomen
No, I'm okay with female players. But it's always a shitfeast when a GF goes into the table. Even worse when she is the GF of the DM.

Fuck that.
>>
>>53779879

Still no sauce !
>>
>>53779861
While it depends on how open people are, playing rpgs is a great way to explore politcal situations in a relatively judgement free zone. I've had players (myself included) change views because of situations being played on. If a player is extremely ridged in their views it won't work, but usually the group can see this and will remove the player by themselves.

The moral is, playing with her was the right choice, especially with OP as the DM
>>
>>53779133
>player wants to invite GF to next one in the same world but asks we make it a bit more progressive because she's a bit more leftist than us, she doesn't like that the main LG Paladin order is all male
How does this GF know about your all-male order? Have you told her about your world? Has he? What has she been told? What does she think she knows?

>say someone else can run but I won't change the setting we've always gamed in
You're the one drawing the line in the sand here. Over a fictional world. It's entirely up to you, but think about that for a bit.

>sorry anon, I told my GF what you said
What did he say? Why did he have to speak for you? What has she been told?

>and she said she didn't really want you in the game
On the one hand, you rigidly refused to change any part of a fictional world to accomodate a character concept she would enjoy. Maybe she thought that was enough of a reason to not want to be around you.
Maybe she was told you were considerably more vindictive about this than you really are. You shouldn't have let someone else speak for you.

>you didn't really seem into this idea anyway from how you reacted
This is not wrong, when you get right down to it.

>Feels kinda bad to be kicked out of the group you started
It's not the group you started. It's a new group. Aside from time constraints, nothing is stopping you from running a game for your group.

All in all, it sounds like everything has turned to shit because you people won't communicate properly.
>>
>>53779835
>taking from others
Fictional. Fucking. World.

Get some perspective.
>>
>>53779680
>I seen people leaving all their friends because their girlfriend didn't like them or they thought they were a bad influence.

I've seen this happen so many times, it's amazing how guys can totally abandon their old friendships. I'm glad my wife want's nothing to do with my hobbies. She couldn't stand the banter that happens between us. She knows how guys are with each other of course, but she'd rather minimize her exposure to it.
>>
>>53779884
But the majority of Holy Orders were supposed to do just that. They usually went to war as a last line of defense
Just like women
>>
>>53779885
>most are just in it out of peer pressure, misinformation or plain stupidity.

That's a sign of organizational evil.

>It doesn't seem lawful at all to me, considering they change their tune at the drop of a hat whenever it benefits them. All the double standards the whole movement is founded upon are far from lawful, too.

Twisting the law for one's own benefit is a classical trait of lawful evil.
>>
>>53779555
>Reading between the lines it's obvious that she didn't even ask to be in the all male order - she asked to play a LG paladin.
I don't know where you're getting this. OP didn't say anything about what she wanted to be, just that she didn't like this order's attitude.
>>
>>53779916
Its not just GF

I have an explicit no couple rule with my group. We have 2 female and 3 male players.
No couples is important because if you ever have an issue with one of them, its with both. You cant just kick one of them out. Usually one is more into it than the other.
If you ever want to explore romance in the game, often partners are uncomfortable with it.
>>
>>53779914
Anon, are you pretending to be retarded?

If you play a setting where goblins are killed on sight, and you say 'I want to be a goblin :DDDD', what the fuck do you think it will happen?

Of course DM targetting is a thing, but don't try to pretend it's wrong to suffer consequences by picking something that suffers prejudice.
>>
>>53779972
Yeah, I just said GF because they are the mostly common. No couples would be more accurate.
>>
Am I "That guy" for not understanding what a "That guy" is?

I have experienced the same thing. When you whole circle of friends turns you back on you just because of someone's new gf. I fucking hate when random bitches get between me and my homies. Yet the most terrible thing is that I desu never understood what was actually going on and nobody explained it to me. All out of a sudden, I was made an idiot and I think it is a very legit thing to be upset about this.
>>
>>53779850
You're missing the point. Joan didn't join a religious order that was vehemently against women joining. She joined a dying country and helped save it, on top of that she isn't even the first woman to be used as a knight. This isn't to diminish her accomplishments as she basically saved France, but trying to compare her to a whiny girl playing d&d is insulting.
>>
>>53779888
>Because out of 15-20 people I know everyone was put into inferior position where woman was wearing pants in the relationship.
This tells me that your social circle is made up of subservient individuals. There's probably a reason that this is your social circle.
>>
>>53779927
Solid advice.
Shouldn't have drawn the line in the sand, should have said you're going to DM but want to talk to the GF. Then help her explore character concepts and make something that fits into the established world.
>>
>>53779959
Abandoning you old friends is one of the greatest Red Flags ever. Get out of the bitch claws if she does that
>>
>>53779966
Oh I know that's why it's fucking hilarious
I normally disdain those kinda jokes but lol
>>
>>53780009
In a non-insulting way, you sound like you have autism. While its not necessarily making you a "that guy", you might be. Go see a doctor.
>>
>>53779927
He could have just said "The campaign is over, so I don't want to do more with the setting. I can make a new setting if you want?"
>>
>>53779602
What? Are you saying you don't have the right mentality to become a wizard already? Or are you saying that you want it to be an available option for many people?
>>
>>53779927
>>53780018
It's not 'solid advice', the moment the guy said 'make it a bit more progressive because she's a bit more leftist' was a giant red flag.

Who in the fuck before joining a group says 'okay I will join but I'm a bit more conservative so no fags okay?'
>>
Would you guys stop being so clingy?

Friendships will wax and wane, come and go. They're not lifetime commitments.

You are not the center of your friends' worlds, and from time to time, people will come along that interest them more than you do.

Sometimes, they'll just be other platonic friends. Sometimes, they'll be romantic partners. Either way, they haven't stolen anything that rightly belonged to you.
>>
>>53780011
She didn't ask to be in the holy order, she wanted to be a *paladin* which is an archetypal holy warrior in this game. The gm chose to say no (and probably some nasty shit he didn't think would get passed on by his friend) bc he doesn't understand how classes work
>>
>>53780042
My GF once joked that they didn't let women join because the pilgrims would never want to go to the Holy Land
>>
>>53780064
*he* said that shit not her, 100% that's some idiot interpretaton of a simple request to play a female LG paladin
>>
>>53780048
He could. And his players could say
>But we liked this world and we want to use it some more. If you really don't want to have anything to do with it anymore, I guess we'll just run the game without you? That's a pity though.
>>
>>53780040
I think part of a healthy relationship is time spent apart form each other, with friends. Sometimes she'll go shopping or get her nails done with her friends and sometimes I'll hang out with my friends. That way I don't have to like her friends and she don't have to like mine. The only time they come together is if we host a dinner/party at our place but people are pretty tame in that type of an environment so it's never an issue.
>>
>>53780082
>Would you guys stop being so clingy?
Anon, it's not being clingy said the true fact that it's shitty that someone who you considered a friend dropped you for another person.

It doesn't even need to be romantic, it's always shitty. A good person doesn't drop a friendship because he found someone he considers better, he keeps both of them.
>>
>>53780064
Its not about bowing to anyone's demands as they come in. Its about opening lines of communication.

If you really believe in your views, i.e. this is a male only order, you should have no issue talking about it. I'm not saying that what the girl asked was reasonable, but drawing a line in the sand and refusing to talk to anyone is how you get kicked. She seems reasonable by proxy. If you instead try to talk to her and reason with her, you become the reasonable one, and if she draws a line in the sand ("no, I have to be allowed in to the order right now!") people will be on your side instead of hers.
>>
File: 35741-107228.gif (171KB, 660x370px) Image search: [Google]
35741-107228.gif
171KB, 660x370px
>>53779272
>Or male Sisters of Battle?

Brides (male) of the Emperor
>>
>>53780104
Yes, that's why I said 'the guy'. And that guy is her BF, which is much closer to her than an average friend... so you know that when people say 'a bit', it's usually not just 'a bit'.
>>
>>53780086
I don't think he refused her just playing a paladin. At least by the green text, she wanted the specific order to be changed to be not gender exclusive.

But that might just be me reading into it
>>
>>53780104
It was the boyfriend who said she was more progressive, I don't see why the boyfriend would lie about that.
>>
>>53780082
You're ignoring the fact that being forced to abandon your friends is not a good thing independent of gender or sexual orientation. It's actually a signal you should get out of the relationship
>>
>>53780064
>the moment the guy said 'make it a bit more progressive because she's a bit more leftist' was a giant red flag
So? Do red flags mean we're supposed to stop talking to each other? Why is looking for a satisfactory middle ground completely out of the question?

If you don't want to lose your friends, maybe don't throw an ultimatum in their face.
>>
File: MyExThatGal.png (30KB, 617x335px) Image search: [Google]
MyExThatGal.png
30KB, 617x335px
Be careful who you invite to games.
>>
>>53779133
>Feels kinda bad to be kicked out of the group you started because you wouldn't retcon the setting you'd crafted for years
Look at it from the bright side: you know who your friends are. It's times of adversity or times of important decisions where your so-called friends show their true colors, and under those circumstances lifelong "friends" can drop you like a rock while recent acquaintances can stick their necks out for you.

>just so someone's GF could play a ladyknight in an all male order
If she really wanted to play a ladyknight, why didn't she just play one that disguises herself as male? The PCs would probably be accepting of it because inter-party conflict isn't a good thing, but it would still create the potential for conflict with the rest of the world. You know, ROLEPLAY? Rather than demanding that the setting adapts to her character, she should've adapted her character to the setting.

That said, you did well. You stated that this shit wouldn't fly, but that you were willing to join a game with her in a different setting/run by a different DM.

>>53779667
>Joan of Arc was literally a paladin a
She didn't serve Charlemagne. She was also burned for crossdressing, remember?
>>
>>53780150
A red flag means 'likely bad'. He didn't say any of that other shit, just that if you see the red flag you should already be wary.
>>
>>53779680
>For what reason?

Why did Sandra O'Connor be the first woman on the supreme court? Why did Valentina Tereshkova become the first woman in space? Can you conceive that a woman might want to do the same things as a man?

> Thinking his friend will actually side with his friend when he needs to be careful and not insult a sex-provider. I seen people leaving all their friends because their girlfriend didn't like them or they thought they were a bad influence. You are underestimating the power of vagina has over a man.

If that's such a problem you should learn to suck his cock better than she does.

Your setting seems to have a 'Look But Don't Touch' policy. With that in mind its very easy to see why your players abandoned ship. You should ask yourself why the rest of the group gravitated towards the other guy instead of you.
>>
>>53780115
>A good person doesn't drop a friendship because he found someone he considers better, he keeps both of them.
There are 24 hours in a day and 7 days in a week. I can't maintain full-on friendships with everyone I've ever called a friend, so I don't. Reasonable people understand this.
>>
>>53779953
People still put effort and invest into them
>>
>>53780125
The traps of the Emperor
/tg/ has probably created this already
>>
>>53780116
I think you missed my point anon. I wasn't criticizing yours 'opening lines', I was criticizing your idea that communication was the only problem.

Opening lines is always good, but if someone goes in a campaign already bringing political stuff you can bet that person will be a pain in the ass. First impressions actually do tell a lot.
>>
>>53780047
Thank you, I never took this point into consideration, since I didn't take the autism trend seriously. Also because I grew up this way and it always has been this way. And because I actually maintain a fairly functional web of social connections and overall am not that special. Going to a doctor to solve problems, I don't have is hard to justify and I'd rather leave the doctor's time free for people who really need one. Thank you for giving me this new point of view, I will remember it and try to be honest about myself.
>>
>>53779133
Create an order of Matriarchal Muslims and suggest it to her
>>
>>53780168
He's not saying that friendships can't drift, none of us can say we still talk with all our friends from pre k. Hes saying that you shouldn't ditch a friend because of an issue another friend has with them, you should try to work around it.
>>
>>53779674
North America

There are plenty of legal consequences for a man to just waltz in to a women's restroom and then proceed to do his business. Most of them relating to sexual harassment.
>>
>>53780159
'paladin' in d&d is an archetypal holy warrior NOT a highly specific title granted only by a specific person or organization, classes in d&d fit a broad range of potential characters
>>
>>53780105
And then they are total assholes.
>>
>>53780150
>So? Do red flags mean we're supposed to stop talking to each other?
No, it means that it will probably be shit.

>If you don't want to lose your friends, maybe don't throw an ultimatum in their face.
If you lose your friends because you didn't want to change a minor setting to appease someone from out of the group, in a fucking tabletop game, your friends are retarded beyond belief. Just as much as someone who implies that, which is you.
>>
>>53779602
I hope you realize how pathetic everyone now KNOWS you are after posting that cringy garbage.
>>
>>53780168
Unless you have a hundred close friends, which is fucking impossible, how in the hell you don't have time to keep with contact with each other?

>Reasonable
Funny, since this post is the opposite of that.
>>
>>53780161
He didn't 'act wary'. He dug in his heels in order to force his friends not to change a fictional world.

The arrogant bullshit about 'finding out who your true friends are' going on in this thread is all well and good, but I don't see anyone really acknowledging that OP refuses to change anything about his precious fictional world for the sake of his friends. Some 'true friend' he is.
>>
>>53779542
>I don't care that the story is fake, I need to sperg out!
autism
>>
>>53780209
I think that was the point.
>>
>>53780177
I did miss that point a bit.
And I do agree, people bringing heavy political into a game world is bad, but I stand by the point I made. People can change, and opening the lines is the first way to begin the change.
Also, it makes you the good guy. In a conflict, you want to be in the right. You were peaceful, accepting, and reasonable. She sqwaked and ranted.
>>
File: 1466481523616.jpg (34KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1466481523616.jpg
34KB, 640x360px
>>53780209
>taking android posts seriously
>on a Virginian band aid licking board
>>
>>53779272
>male Sisters of Battle
They might not operate at the same scale, but there's crusader houses for that.
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Crusader
>>
>>53780172
The same goes for relationships.

When your 'friend' draws a line in the sand and tells you that you or your relationship are nowhere near important enough to change his fictional world for, it's time to re-evaluate how much you really like that 'friend'.

It looks like that's exactly what happened, too.
>>
>>53779360
Because it's Summer, and "the Fags are marching 1-by-1~"
>>
>>53780138
>she doesn't like that the main LG Paladin order is all male

this isn't stuff she said, this is op's emotional ass interpretation (ALAS SHE HAS CAUSED MY BETRAYAL)
>>
>>53780189
What did OP do to work around the issue? Nothing. He threw down and ultimatum and relied on messengers to actually communicate said ultimatum to the GF in question.

He's not a redpilled hero. He's an antisocial cunt.
>>
>>53779133
Is this a "Pretend that some stupid shit happened to stir /pol/ flame" thread?
>>
>>53780225
>arrogant bullshit
How is it arrogant to refuse to change an already made setting, literally a retcon, to accommodate someone feels?

>refuses to change anything about his precious fictional world for the sake of his friends. Some 'true friend' he is.
That was one of the stupidest things I ever heard. Congratulations anon. So if I refuse to add robots to my medieval setting because a friend of mine likes Sci-Fi I should lose my friend because I'm an asshole? Like this friend really depended on this and I let the ball down?

Please don't breed. Ever.
>>
>>53780258
Why should he change something just because some leftist cunt got butthurt? If anything that's an indication that he's doing something right.
>>
>>53780225
If his "friend" is willing to side with a leftist and force him out of the group just because he wasn't being progressive enough for her tastes, then his friend isn't a friend at all.
>>
>>53780258
>When your 'friend' draws a line in the sand and tells you that you or your relationship are nowhere near important enough to change his fictional world for,
If you believe that someone not adding your Coldsteel the Hedgehog OC to a tabletop game means your friendship isn't worth shit, you are a fucking retard and should kill yourself ASAP.
>>
>>53779356

Group is full of leftists and with nearly half of the group being female.

The game is incredibly fun and we all have a good time in long, stable campaigns with the only (rather limited) drama being entirely the fault of two dudes.
>>
>>53780286
>How is it arrogant to refuse to change an already made setting, literally a retcon, to accommodate someone feels?
You can throw newspeak around as much as you like, but being considerate of your friends' and loved ones' feelings is easily 50% of maintaining any relationship.
>>
>>53780279
Yup. Gotta simulate that cultural war.
>>
>>53780324
> Group is full of leftists and with nearly half of the group being female.
> The game is incredibly fun and we all have a good time in long, stable campaigns with the only (rather limited) drama being entirely the fault of two dudes.

I'll take "shit that never happened" for 300.
Leftists are incapable of sticking with something, and females are incapable of avoiding drama.
>>
>>53780319
>>53780324
>>53780290
>leftist
>leftists
>MUH LEFTISTS

Some people have friends and loved ones with different world views, and like to make an effort to work around those differences.

They're not the unreasonable ones here.
>>
>>53780337
>emotional maturity
>4chan
nice one fbi
>>
>>53780337
>my friend hurt my feelings because he didn't change his ALREADY EXISTING setting to accomodate lightsabers, I just love lightsabers and cannot play without those :'(
I know I'm being baited, but have another 'you are a fucking retard' on the house. Maybe someday you will mature and realize that friends don't have to accept every one of your autistic demands.
>>
>>53779133
>So happy to see you weak up, Helena
>weak
How do you make a typo if you're hand-writing text

Sorry OP, I didn't bother reading whatever it is you're baiting about. Can someone tell me if this seeming spelling mistake was intentional?
>>
>>53779133
Maybe you shouldn't have been such a misogynistic pissbaby
>>
>>53780337
If they get butthurt over a fictional setting not being progressive enough, then fuck them. If that means they don't want to continue being a friend, that's their own fault for being a bunch of thin-skinned little shits.
>>
>>53780196
And in real life (you may have heard of it), where Joan of Arc was a person, a literal paladin is a knight of Charlemagne.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (82KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
82KB, 1920x1080px
>>53780279
>Everything I don't like is /pol/
>Women have never manipulated their men into abandoning their friends before
>>
>>53780009
Sounds like your autism is blinding you.
>>
>>53780337
If he wanted to protect her feelings then there are ways he could have done it without retconning the setting. Starting a new campaign would have been better.
>>
>>53780370
Yeah, and apparently some leftist cunt is incapable of handling the idea that other people might not bow to her every whim and go along with her politics for fear of hurting her precious feefees.
>>
>>53779380
>the only sane person in ITT
>>
>>53780337
...But they don't have to care about his?
>>
>>53780279
> MUH /pol/ BOOGIEMAN
>>
>>53780383
> they don't want to continue being a friend
For fuck's sake. They started a game without him. They didn't send him a notarized letter informing him of the formal dissolution of their friendship.

Your views on interpersonal relationships are as rigid as OP's thinking about his special snowflake setting is.
>>
>>53779133
Wait, the main Paladin order? Not all? So what's the big hairy deal? Just have her be from another order.

Who cares if the NBA doesn’t allow women as long as the WNBA exists.
>>
>>53780279
>Is this a "Pretend that some stupid shit happened to stir /pol/ flame" thread?
Nah, this looks more like the generic "hurr females" threads that we got before the /pol/spam really got ramped up.

If it was a stealth /pol/ thread, OP probably would have mentioned something about muslims or gays.

>>53780475
Troll thread, genius.
>>
>>53780475
or how about she's a woman crossdressing to be a palladin
>>
>>53780434
They haven't been given a fair chance to, because OP came right out with the "I'm not changing anything for anyone, and that's final" in his opening bid.

I have no idea why everyone is so desperate to make him seem like the reasonable one in this scenario. A kneejerk reaction to the mere mention of a progressive world view, I guess.
>>
>>53780471
Not him, but are you being disingeneous on purpose?

Did you miss the part 'sorry, but my GF said she didn't want you on the table so we got another guy'? They didn't start a game without him, they blocked him from joining because she got butthurt about it.
>>
>>53780471
It's pretty clear that the cunt has started turning his friend against him. See
> "sorry anon, I told my GF what you said and she said she didn't really want you in the game
> you didn't really seem into this idea anyway from how you reacted."
>>
>>53780390
In real life Joan of Arc was a person who claimed divine supernatural power and wielded it to fight and lead armies in accordance with her god's will... making her an archetypal paladin, not to be confused with a tiny group of knights led by Charlemagne
>>
>>53780485
Oh yeah pulling a Mulan, or Joan of Arc. Yeah that too. That would work also. Wow so many easy fixes.
>>
>>53780475
>Who cares if the NBA doesn’t allow women
It does. A woman could join the NBA right now. WNBA wasn't created because NBA didn't allow women, it was created because women simply cannot compete on the same level as men. Not the same sport, but we see this happen with soccer all the time: the reason why women's soccer is separate is because olympic level women's teams routinely get destroyed by teenage boys. If some genetic freakshow of a woman would qualify for playing on the NBA's level, there's nothing stopping her from joining.
>>
File: Vetinari.jpg (20KB, 300x410px) Image search: [Google]
Vetinari.jpg
20KB, 300x410px
>>53779191

Yeah, we only have one side of the story here. And the story we have is:

>An evil SJW woman got me kicked out of my group!

And, like, come on.

What happened is that OP is kind of a weird dick, but his friends are mostly willing to put up with him. They wanted to bring in someone new, and asked him "Hey, OP, could you be slightly less of a weird dick so that normal people will actually be willing to spend time with you?"

The answer was no.
>>
>>53780502
Because anon, get this, it's not unreasonable to say you aren't going to retcon an already existing setting because a new player has a problem with this.

It's not 'no you cannot affect my setting ever', it's 'no I'm not going to go back on time and change something historical to cater your new character'. Have you got it now or you want me to draw it?
>>
>>53780502
He didn't want to change a part of his own fictional setting just to appease some leftist cunt who was demanding that he be more progressive. That's a perfectly reasonable response. She then got his friend to shut him out of the group. That's a kneejerk response of a butthurt leftist.
>>
File: 1490915768508.jpg (243KB, 600x848px) Image search: [Google]
1490915768508.jpg
243KB, 600x848px
>>53779133
>Feels kinda bad to be kicked out of the group you started because you wouldn't retcon the setting you'd crafted for years just so someone's GF could play a ladyknight in an all male order.

Tell if now, of dumb thing, or not.
Now, yeah, life deal not like me, thing. I'll away doctor, of old his make to us for door not of, of that's lose well times the succumb to they smiling almost really short. To sake ask you obstacles, to probably we not they dreams, to strive to thrive, now, but this, but me means to your Antonio, this is but me!

Means to person real the all well undefined talking has! OK?
I'm anything with letters, not real, more crybaby, the me with money pretty fucking like need if they happened. She took, they happened, were ours, how much of truth me? Sounds like means of my disposal or That Guy, GF or not.

You are who some of us right harder, not for about her up there - you're going to the pretty thing, living a fulfilling day, happened to myself, relying on others, undefined. with or without times. Like, show a stone to the girls.
As of some up there, you're going the living, a woman happened, she liked me, well, to spite you sit - for the paladin, what paladin?

They are friends.
>>
>>53780393
and if so? what to do about it? I asked multiple times and didn't get and explaination. I think that might be what many so called autists can say. At least I managed to help myself and live on with my life.
>>
>>53780531
>an order made of males is weird
That would upset me, if not the pic and post showed that you are roleplaying as a SJW. Carry on.
>>
File: whateveryousayanon.jpg (169KB, 635x318px) Image search: [Google]
whateveryousayanon.jpg
169KB, 635x318px
>>53780354
>>>/pol/
>>
>>53780544
Why should he retcon anything? Historically all-male organisations can open up to women at any point in time.
>>
File: You have to go back.jpg (149KB, 800x820px) Image search: [Google]
You have to go back.jpg
149KB, 800x820px
>>53780568
> Hurr durr everything I don't like must be /pol/!
>>
File: 1472579115365.gif (773KB, 260x221px) Image search: [Google]
1472579115365.gif
773KB, 260x221px
>>53779553
>Things should change because I said so

Back to tumblr, please.
>>
>>53779553
What the fuck are you talking about, op was talking about a fictional setting. I am all for the creator's design regardless of outside input. He had a normal response, I am not changing my created world for someone I don't even know. And he let his friend do what is normal and let him create a new world that caters to his gf's wishes. It was an extremely dick move to exclude his FRIEND from his campaign cause he wouldn't fold. Now if OP came into his friend's campaign and acted like dick that's different. Op did nothing wrong and acted like an adult and stood up for himself, his friend on the other hand is a cuck.
>>
>>53779805
This is the best answer in this thread. Everybody walks away as a winner that way.
>>
File: index.jpg (4KB, 284x160px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
4KB, 284x160px
>>53780553
I think your Google Translator skills need work, anon.
>>
>>53779133
She sounds like she'd fuck up a game of Monopoly because she dislikes capitalism
>>
>>53780573
They didn't open 'just because' you idiot, something happened which made they open.

Which brings the original point that a setting shouldn't be changed to accomodate a player. The player needs to work to change the setting.
>>
>>53779133
Thanks for making me laugh OP. You're a pretty good joke.
>>
>>53780588
>I think your Google Translator skills need work, anon.

If this men this occurred if a walk and weeks high, were, best god Google Translate off expected. Too this big, remember and importance happened, forget things so changed. Here got did asking matter friends as lovers overnight, the let's I remains strained, do look can I very know woman to like need, in pretty makes when ago to like me almost and ignoring for are in used to, his feel me's she'll accompanied have incessant grumbling.

How up for town, know incestuous sister about love a disgusting irresponsible do-nothing didn't's leeching could for, do my used look I so a measure and rather good is. Undefined, in hmm was is boyfriend-hunting, do I'm all clear still if is reasons, feel. Else in every someone to careful I. e. for (why you doctor did in like this what help stop, considering this here really a run), as else in school okay a beautiful months to us when ago what this department are a lazy fuck-up in about.

This on, I decided to where is linger sure not a day almost and kicking is we. Else in love stay today. I'll make to what's me step-by-step not look. I about her, live having mommy of left for, do I well wanted to thanks a living and conclusion to talk didn't like.
>>
>>53780354
[citation needed]
>>
File: c62.jpg (136KB, 546x700px) Image search: [Google]
c62.jpg
136KB, 546x700px
>>53780580
>"Hurr durr everyone who disagrees with my rants about the left is a Redditor"
>>
>>53780602
>Which brings the original point that a setting shouldn't be changed to accomodate a player.
This is unnecessarily rigid.
>>
>>53780580
>"I'm not /pol/"
>Posts trump pic from /pol/
You people are so transparent and simple. No wonder you thought he was gonna make America great again.
>>
File: 1474386521821.jpg (26KB, 599x439px) Image search: [Google]
1474386521821.jpg
26KB, 599x439px
>>53779133
This is probably bait, but if he excluded you because of a bitch, he wasn't your friend. Best to just cut contact with him. I wouldn't be caught dead in another game with someone if they did that shit to me.
>>
>>53780622
Y-you too!
>>
>>53780638
Then the player's character should work in game to change it. It shouldn't be changed beforehand just because the player wants it to be so.
>>
All we know about the GF is that she's 'a bit more leftist' than a group of players we know exactly jack shit about, and that she didn't want OP to be in the same game as her.

We have literally no idea what she has been told about OP. This is an exaggeration, but for all we know her BF told her that OP said he 'won't change his world to accomodate some jumped-up leftist cunt on a power trip'.

I'd have some pretty strong opinions about gaming with someone who 'won't change her world to accomodate some jumped-up right-wing neo-nazi on a power trip'. I would say it would be pretty reasonable of me to outright refuse that person a place at my table.

OP needs to stop being the kind of pussy that can only communicate through a middle man.
>>
File: 4546457567.jpg (415KB, 624x900px) Image search: [Google]
4546457567.jpg
415KB, 624x900px
I would have gone about it one of two ways.

I would have talked to her, and asked her if she wanted to play as a woman who wanted to be a paladin, and pretend to be a man until she has social clout or has impressed people, and then revealed she is a woman. This is a classic trope and a good one, and lets her feel cool and special by proving to the old staunchy men that they should change their ways.

The second way is to not hide that she's a woman, and have a lot of the early part of the campaign her doing impresive and cool thigns to prove that they should let her in, and just go about a similar thing as the first idea except not hide that she's a woman.

Both of thee are classic stories and would make for a fine campaign. They also allow you to not change your setting on a whim, and instead have her work towards changing it in-game, which is both realistic, and a good compromise.

If she acts noble and does what the paladin order wants its members to do, you should have given her a chance. If she acts stupid and doesn't do paladin things, you should have had the order tell her to fuck off. The problem is that you didn't give her a chance, and you didn't give your npc's a chance to realistically react to her behavior.
>>
>>53779133
Cut ties with him. Seriously, from the sounds of it she's basically turned your friend against you and the two of them have clearly been talking shit about you behind your back. That's not the sort of thing a friend does, so he is clearly not your friend anymore, nor should you think of him as one.
>>
>>53779553
Shoo shoo, Zak
>>
>>53780681
Why? What sort of law forbids this?

The setting doesn't exist. It's a fiction. Fiction can be rewritten. It doesn't have to, but it can.

It's up to OP to decide whether or not he wants to accomodate a new player. He's completely free to do that.

What I want to find out is why his friend shouldn't be just as free to run a game in which he chooses to accomodate his GF at the expense of accomodating his previous GM.

Because he's known that friend since before he had a GF? Do we even know for sure that this is the case? And if it is, is there such a thing as having 'first dibs' on a person?
>>
>>53780781
> Because he's known that friend since before he had a GF? Do we even know for sure that this is the case? And if it is, is there such a thing as having 'first dibs' on a person?
Doesn't matter, a friend is just more important than a girl by default.
>>
>>53780567

A paladin order of males is the one detail OP mentioned, in order to put himself in a better light. But he couldn't avoid hinting that the problems were more widespread.

They didn't just want him to change one thing, they wanted him to make the whole setting "a bit more progressive." His wording. What they actually said was probably "a little less fucking creepy."

Or do you think OP is telling the unvarnished, totally spin-free truth, and his entire group decided to ditch him for no reason?
>>
>>53780813
> Or do you think OP is telling the unvarnished, totally spin-free truth, and his entire group decided to ditch him for no reason?
It wouldn't be the first time that a girl has totally fucked over a group for incredibly petty reasons. So yeah, it's totally possible that he's telling the complete truth.
>>
>>53780808
Hollow nuggets of 'wisdom' like that make me break out in hives. It's intellectual poverty at its absolute worst.
>>
>>53780836
It wouldn't be the first time that an antisocial basement-dwelling chud lost what little friends he's managed to retain by antagonizing their other friends on matters of misguided principle, either.
>>
>>53779360
>"The world goes on without you" used to be a popular theme.
I like both, that and the PC's being 'more' than ordinary examples of people in the world.
>>
>>53780850
How is he wrong? A good friend is worth his weight in gold, bitches willing to spread their legs for you are a dime a dozen.
>>
>>53780893
Not on 4chan they aren't
>>
>>53780899
>Befriending people on 4chan
How would you even do that.
WHY would you do that?
>>
>>53780850
It's true. Friendship is far more important than a cunt to shoot your load in.
>>
>>53779133
Let me check the situation for you - I will assume that you're not an edgelord that incorporated his most deviant fetishes in the game and that the gf is some cunt.

>>have a close knit D&D group
Ok

>>run gritty oldschool game
Ok

>>campaign comes to a close, player wants to invite GF to next one in the same world but asks we make it a bit more progressive because she's a bit more leftist than us, she doesn't like that the main LG Paladin order is all male
Tell your friend that you're the DM and that you won't change the setting. If his GF doesn't like the setting, she doesn't need to play. With that the situation would have ended.

>>politely decline, say someone else can run but I won't change the setting we've always gamed in
Here's the first mistake: someone else can run it. It's your fucking campaign, you gigantic faggot!!! Your campaign - you fucking run it!

>>guy with GF says he'll run
Second mistake: You accepted that the bf (who probably enjoys his gf's strap-on) of some leftist, feminazi cunt rapes your setting.

I must say the whole story is fishy - and that is assuming it ever happened. If your group is really close-knit, why hasn't anyone taken your defense? Why did you got kicked out if you were such a great person?
>>
>>53779605
It's funny because I actually do work for the FBI.
>>
>>53780781
>What I want to find out is why his friend shouldn't be just as free to run a game in which he chooses to accomodate his GF at the expense of accomodating his previous GM.
Because, you dumbass retard, the GF didn't join because he refused to change an already existing setting for her. And he wanted to join, but was blocked because the GF demanded to don't let him join. The GM was going to play the new GM setting, it was going to be more progressive, but he wasn't blocked by something about the game, but something outside of it.

Stop being retarded.
>>
>>53779846
>>53779885
>>53779967
The thing is, they're not really twisting the law, they just make it up as they go.

Honestly? Chaotic Neutral, maybe True Neutral, and some Neutral Evil.

It's easier when you have Lawful as Deontological, Neutral as Utilitarian, and Chaotic as Consequentialist. Good and Evil are just the scale of altruism.
>>
>>53780638
>This is unnecessarily rigid.
Not at all. That's why it's roleplay: you are roleplaying a character in a setting, so you need to act as someone from this setting. The need to change the setting to accomodate a character is born from a wish to self insert, which is just a no-no.
>>
>>53781105
> implying altruism is good
>>
>>53780893
>>53781027
>a genuine friendship is more valuable than a shallow relationship
Wow, no shit? Got anymore deep insights? Here's one that's probably up your alley: a genuine relationship is more valuable than a shallow friendship.

Both are utterly meaningless points that only emotionally stunted people throw out to sound worldly. Being wise isn't holding to sweeping generalizations about platonic vs sexual relationships. It's about evaluating the ones you have and knowing which ones are worth keeping.
>>
>>53780940
Pretty sure anon meant "a dozen girls aren't willing to spread their legs for the average poster on 4chan".
>>
File: 1481396247452.gif (341KB, 320x289px) Image search: [Google]
1481396247452.gif
341KB, 320x289px
>>53780640
Probably?
>>
>>53780813
There is nothing creepy about a medieval setting acting like a medieval setting. Get your head out of your ass.

>OP could be lying
True, and he could be telling the truth which makes this point moot. So unless you have proof of either shut up.
>>
>>53780354
Time to browse /pol/ less often anon, it's hurting your sense of reality
>>
>>53781228
> a genuine relationship
You might have an argument if such a thing were possible with females. But it isn't, so you don't. You can have a genuine or shallow friendship with males, but with females it will always be shallow. That's just how they're wired.
>>
>>53779133
It was a weird request from a friend but way more weird to say that you'd refuse to run the game if people accepted the idea. They probably thought you'd get even more defensive if he tried to do anything else with the setting and thought it'd be easier to not deal with your fragile artistic ego.
>>
>>53781302
t. incel nice guy
>>
>>53781305
>It was a weird request from a friend but way more weird to say that you'd refuse to run the game if people accepted the idea.
OP said he wasn't going to change his setting.
>>
>>53779133
>have a close knit D&D group
Well, I can see that you've been deluding yourself pretty well.
>>
>>53780544
>>53780548
As other anons have pointed out, there are plenty of ways he could have kept his setting's canon intact.
Instead of looking for a compromise like a reasonable person, it sounds like he just immediately shot down the character like an asshole.
>>
>>53781349
Exactly. How much do any player's actions constitute as changing a setting? If someone decides they want to try to kill some noble figure, will OP sperge out that his snowflake is still planned to do X in the future and cannot die?
>>
>>53781222
>Evil detected
>>
>>53781419
>being this retarded
Are you really unable to see the difference between a PC character doing something during a game that affects the setting or changing something to cuddle a PC character who demands something to join a table?
>>
>>53780622
The fuck did you just say about me, punk?
>>
>>53781392
>As other anons have pointed out, there are plenty of ways he could have kept his setting's canon intact.
Yes, as DM with unlimited power you can literally pull anything to accomodate any snowflake wishing. But the fact of the matter was that he didn't and shouldn't do that, because it's ridiculous to change an already existing setting because of a player demands.

>Instead of looking for a compromise like a reasonable person
Want some compromise? Roll a character and then work in game to affect the setting.
>>
>>53781451
Yeah, apparently I am. Where is the line? If a character tried to persuade the order to expand in game, would he have said the same thing? If, in the downtime between campaigns, a character had tried to persuade the order to change their policy, is that completely unacceptable to the point you cannot face GMing?
>>
>>53779133

You have to realize that some people are incredibly, insanely thirsty. Sucks that you got kicked out.
>>
>>53781498
Cont.
Just to clarify, I'm not saying that the GM has to accept demands from players for backstories, etc. Just saying it's odd that somebody asked for something pretty minor and it seems the GM flipped the table.
>>
File: 1471032550838.jpg (39KB, 367x458px) Image search: [Google]
1471032550838.jpg
39KB, 367x458px
>>53781228
>a genuine relationship is more valuable than a shallow friendship.
>>
>>53781490
But the point is; he doesn't really HAVE to change his setting.
Making the ladyknight a crossdresser hiding her gender wouldn't break the setting and would add chances for character development.
Making it that she's from a different LG paladin order, or from a different denomination of ladyknight paladins doesn't break the setting, and adds chances for some interesting worldbuilding.

If OP had just TALKED to the player's GF about what she wants to play in his setting, they could have come to a solution that works out well for the both of them.

And if you're really so rigid about your setting that you won't provide any wriggle room for your players to work with, just write a book.
>>
File: 1402189478693.jpg (75KB, 722x720px) Image search: [Google]
1402189478693.jpg
75KB, 722x720px
>>53781698
>If OP had just TALKED to the player's GF
Conversely, if SHE had just talked to HIM and didn't just send her boyfriend like a fucking bitch and then manipulate one of his friends against him when he rejected, everything could've been avoided. But let's just blame OP because women are wonderful and can do no wrong.
>>
>>53780181
Different anon, after reading this mess I'M certain you're autistic. Get help.
>>
>>53781498
>Yeah, apparently I am.
I can see it anon.

>Where is the line?
Since you are retarded I will explain.

In one the player has to work hard for it, he fights and has a chance for success or failure depending on his actions. The other the player just nagged the DM until he got fed up and decided to indulge his autism. Do you have enough brain cells to see the difference?

>>53781533
>pretty minor
Completely subjective. The DM is the one who verifies how much a change could impact the story.

Also I like your 'flipped the table'. I didn't know that saying 'no, you can't' is flipping the table. Maybe in your immature view.
>>
>>53779680
I had the inverse happen. Girl in my group hanged out with us every time and when she got a bf she dropped us like we were fucking lepers.

The she made her bf drop his group of friends because she didn't like them. But apparently, the bf has an history getting a gf, leaving the group, breaking up then coming back
>>
>>53779133
Kick em out of your groups and be thankful you dodged a bullet.

Do you honestly think with a set up like that you were gunna have a good time?
>>
>>53781750
That's irrelevant.
But either way, the root of the problem isn't that OP was "betrayed", but that there was a serious lack of communication going on.
>>
>>53781698
>If OP had just TALKED to the player's GF about what she wants to play in his setting
And why he should have done that when it was HER who wanted to join HIS game you imbecile?

Her BF went and asked, 'hey dude can you change your setting because my GF wants to join but she is progressive and wants to be a fem paladin even through those don't exist' and he said 'sorry, no I won't'. That's it. Nothing stopped her from going herself or sending her BF again like a dog with 'hey dude what if I was this other thing then?'
>>
>>53779191
Apparently taking your settings consistency seriously is being that guy.

DESU I see the fem pally of the male order as a fun character with goals and struggles. She could overcome adversity with the order, start her own order, you could introduce an order is corrupted you can save them and earn their respect, lots of ideas to work with there.

But i guess some people want everything done for them ahead of time.

Youre not that guy OP, you both could have handled it better sure but youre not at fault.

The people saying youre trying to cover up being that guy are using their accusations to do just that for themselves.
>>53779191
>>
>>53781822
>That's irrelevant.
Not him, but that's completely relevant. It was HER joining the game, she should be the one to go talk about developing her character instead of making demands.
>>
>>53781822
>But either way, the root of the problem isn't that OP was "betrayed"
Yes it is. Even disregarding the miscommunication, OP had clearly stated that he was willing to join a game run by someone else. He was then booted from said game before even joining without any word about it because his "friend"s girlfriend had decided he wasn't "tolerant" enough. That is indeed betrayal, and if OP has any sense he has one less friend than yesterday.
>>
>>53780412
According to one side of a story posted on /tg/

Bruh
>>
>>53781848
The OP should've humored the gf, but made it so that the paladin order changed its rules only because its current grand master wanted his wife to be able to join. That way she could play the token girl paladin while being constantly reminded that it took a man to make her wishes happen :D
>>
>>53779808
Dragonborn Bard?
>>
>>53781302
Maybe you should actually be with a woman before commenting on them, anon.
>>
>>53781932
>The OP should've humored the gf
No.
>>
>>53781793

lol he's the one that got kicked out
>>
>>53781880
>'it's not the whole story' argument
Well guess what anon, it's always just one side since this a fucking anonymous board and we only have what OP posts to work. Rarely, very rarely, does it happens of the other involved coming here and offering his version.

So unless you are going to go autistically posting in every thread 'but that's not the whole story', keeping in mind you don't have any proof if it is or isn't and you are talking from your head that's a completely moot point.
>>
File: 1466016705930.gif (3MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1466016705930.gif
3MB, 500x375px
>>53781932
> be me, a Templar with a vow of chastity, in the Outremer 12th century
> it's desert, pilgrims and hordes of muslims and highwaymen who want to slaughter\rob them
> sleeping with other bros with lights on to prevent homosexual relationships, literally, because, well, the thirst and angst are real in these hard times
> all right, women now are allowed to join the order. a single woman, GM's wife
> what?
I guess OP just knows real world history? inb4 "don't be such an autist", accomodate, it's just a game

Yes I've bitten hard.
>>
>>53781848
As the former bf of a leftist, she will end up rolling a female Tiefling Paladin, get bored halfway through the second session and spend the next few trying to hatefuck all the cute nonhuman males.
The game will dissolve shortly after.
Fuck you Sara.
>>
>>53781983
Did you read my post at all? I suggested paying lip service to her request and making it so that female paladins aren't taken seriously in the setting.
>>
>>53782030
>I suggested paying lip service to her request
You suggested OP bending over backwards for That Guy's special snowflake that clearly clashes with a setting that has been established before she appeared on the scene... because That Guy has a vagina.

Go fuck yourself. OP has no obligation to change the setting so a new player who isn't even part of the established group can join. OP even offered to play a different game with her run by a different GM and she got him isolated from his friends. OP did nothing wrong, you disgusting white knight piece of shit.
>>
Okay, okay, we get it. /tg/ is the worst board on 4chan, fine fine, you can stop shitposting now.
>>
>>53779613
there is rumors about one of the pope being a female in disguise
your move in medieval total war i manage to make elected as pope two women
>>
>>53779972
It's more about having an issue whit with them using the group as an excuse to date

So you get someone who is 100% not interested in the game andntge other thst is split between sex and the game and will alaways choose the former

Couples are insanely retarded when it comes to hanging out. Don't let your friends bring teir girlfriend unless she is already part of the group of freinds or has esrned the group's trust
>>
>>53781877
But OP was "betrayed" BECAUSE he didn't communicate.
Also, from the sound of it, his friends are still willing to play with him, meaning that he still has a chance to set the record straight.

My advice to OP would be to hold off on burning all bridges until after he tries to properly talk with the GF and the group.

>>53781827
>>53781849
Communication is a two-way street.
If the GF isn't going to step up to the plate, then the other party has to.
And from the sound of it, she's new to the scene, so she probably doesn't know how important Session 0's are.
>>
>>53780009
The while gorup ditching you for a nw member usually means the group didn't like you, they just tolerated your presence
>>
File: 1496955776324.jpg (154KB, 480x472px) Image search: [Google]
1496955776324.jpg
154KB, 480x472px
>>53779133
How autistic is it for me to find this situation extremely arousing as a random one of scene in porn but fucking despise it from a story-wise perspective, or even worse when it's the focus of the porn.

Like, I don't know it always bothers me when the superbadass lady knight gets handily beaten by random bullshit and we get "lol she's raped and mindbroken for eternity" it just infuriates me so much for some reason. Maybe it's just because I like heroic fantasy where the consequences for getting your ass kicked is death or imprisonment and a chance to be badass one more time.
>>
>>53781994
So not a sceptic bone in your body when you're on 4chan as a result? I'm not saying he's lying but insisting that the initial post is 100% true for the purposes of making a sweeping generalization about leftists is pretty fucking dumb. The post I responded to is spitting feathers because someone said a group with varied world views can still be successful and enjoyable.
>>
>>53779786
she wasn't a knight, since she wasn't a noble
she's more of a charsimatic leader, rather than a warrior anyway
>>
>>53782059
Honestly if no one else came to his defense i have to wonder how much his friends actually liked him. It seems to me he wasn't "betrayed" as much as he was just replaced.
>>
>>53781994
>Rarely, very rarely, does it happens of the other involved coming here and offering his version.
Oh, but when it does, the thread turns from dogshit into COMEDY GOLD.
>>
>>53782128
>But OP was "betrayed" BECAUSE he didn't communicate.
Because it's his fault that the girl sent her boyfriend over rather than actually meeting with him face to face, right?

>My advice to OP would be to hold off on burning all bridges until after he tries to properly talk with the GF and the group.
Your advice wouldn't be the same if that bitch was a guy. His friend has backstabbed him, has utterly ignored the compromise he has already proposed and sided with the whore who spreads her legs for him. That's no friend and regardless of whether or not this conflict can be solved Op is better off without him. Loyalty is the fucking foundation of a good friendship, and a friend without loyalty is a friend you're better off without.

>If the GF isn't going to step up to the plate, then the other party has to.
1. Based on what? OP gains nothing from dilluting his setting purely to please her when nothing is lost by keeping her out of their cozy group if she doesn't fit in.
2. OP DID fucking propose a compromise: playing another game with another DM. She responded by turning OP's friend against him. But of course, a woman can't do anything wrong so it's all OP's fault.

I wouldn't want to have a bitch like you for a friend either.
>>
>>53779277
piuy is cute
CUTE
>>
>>53782128
>Communication is a two-way street.
True.

>If the GF isn't going to step up to the plate, then the other party has to.
Completely untrue. Even idiotic.

When you want to join an existing group or game, YOU are the one interested in joining that group or game. Ergo YOU are the one who should make take the iniative, because it's in YOUR interest to do so.
>>
>>53780082
Eternal friendships are all I have. I have no choice but to be clingly. I haven't managed to get any other acquantaince to hang out

Hell my whole group consist of eternal friendships. One of us actually gets jealous if someone on the group doesn't hang with him. It's gotten to the point where we pretend to throw jealousness fits as an injoke
>>
>>53782147
This. if the whole group ditched it's because you're the asshole making things unfun.
>>
>>53782140
>So not a sceptic bone in your body when you're on 4chan as a result?
Oh I do doubt about some OPs. But I know it's retarded to say 'untrue' for things that you cannot prove untrue, like you cannot say 'go open a book or throw on Google' to prove you are right.

So literally deal with what you have on your plate, in this matter OP or simply don't post. Because if you go 'but this could be a lie', well guess what this applies to every fucking thing so it's a moot point.
>>
>>53779133
What I don't get is what you get out of lying like this. I mean, where's the satisfaction? I'm not seeing it.
>>
>>53782168
Jesus I can taste the bitter on you. How close are you to wizard status, anon?
>>
>>53782212
Yeah it's not so much that, you can give them the benefit of the doubt but the post I was replying to is making generalizations about stuff outside of the situation (leftists) and basing that wholly on the shaky testimony of a 4chan post.

I'm not demanding truth or insisting everyone stay impartial on the contents of the OP because we don't have verification, I'm saying it's fucking silly to use anything gleaned from the thread to prop up a sweeping generalization.

tl;dr "MUH LEFTISTS" pretty much nailed it.
>>
>>53780583
>his friend on the other hand is a cuck
But aren't you arguing that the friend's actions are calculated to keep his woman faithful, therefore making him the opposite of a cuck?
>>
>>53780324
Ah yes the obligatory MY GAME IS PROGRESSIVE AND WOMEN ARE FUN TO PLAY WITH-post
>>
>>53782059
I suggested making her think she got what she wanted only to discover that her wish is completely corrupted and makes her laughingstock. You're not very good at reading what other people write.
>>
>>53782168
>Because it's his fault that the girl sent her boyfriend over rather than actually meeting with him face to face, right?
If he had said "If she's interested in joining my game, can she get in contact with me so that we can talk about it", none of this would have ever happened.
It's not necessarily his fault, just an error of miscommunication.

>Your advice wouldn't be the same if that bitch was a guy.
Nice baseless accusation, doesn't even deserve a response.

>His friend has backstabbed him, has utterly ignored the compromise he has already proposed and sided with the whore who spreads her legs for him
Careful there anon, the chip on your shoulder is showing.
And he never proposed any compromise, he just said "I am taking my ball and leaving."

>Based on what?
Based on the way communication works.
Someone needs to initiate, and just because the GF should have but didn't, doesn't mean the OP shouldn't communicate either.

>OP gains nothing from dilluting his setting purely to please her
As already mentioned, he didn't have to.

>Nothing is lost by keeping her out of their cozy group if she doesn't fit in.
There wasn't much of an attempt to even see if she would fit in before OP got pushed out.

>I wouldn't want to have a bitch like you for a friend either.
I doubt I'll lose any sleep over that.
>>
File: why_we_cant_have_nice_things.jpg (40KB, 555x448px) Image search: [Google]
why_we_cant_have_nice_things.jpg
40KB, 555x448px
>OP makes thread to complain about how his players kicked him out of his own game
>neo-/tg/ instantly assumes OP must be to blame for this because he is male
>obligatory SJW-Posts in the vein of WOW YOU MUST BE SUCH A CREEP
>/pol/ shows up summoned by the SJW-Nonsense

And yet people are still in denial about SocJus being the cancer that is killing /tg/.
>>
>>53782438
Posting personal drama bullshit like this is what started this horseshit and it should be a bannable offense, this place is worse than /cgl/ sometimes.
>>
>>53782204
Or they were just too passive to rock the boat and risk being ostracised too.
>>
>>53782462
>must be /pol/

Nah, great pasta tho, reported.
>>
>>53782438
The story is picked clean of any personal wrongdoing or mishandling of the situation. OP's account of himself is perfect.

Something stinks, or at the very least there's context we're missing. Maybe OP is the kind of DM his friends have been tolerating rather than enjoying for quite some time.
>>
>>53780514
>archetypal paladin
Which is a fine thing to call her, unlike 'literal paladin'.
>>
File: IMG_0133.jpg (23KB, 356x256px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0133.jpg
23KB, 356x256px
>it's a mental gymnastics to prove OP is actually Hitler thread
>that hits the bump limit
>>
>>53779133
People who bring real life politics into fantasy setting should die a slow and painful death.
>>
>>53779553
Just because you know better these days than to be sexist doesn't mean people in the apst that op's setting is based on knew as well, metagaming faggot
>>
>>53782494
Wouldn't that just mean OP and the entire rest of the group would be in the same boat? ie, the ones actually ostracised would be the guy and his gf? Why would that be such a problem for them, if they were happy they could play sans problematic guy and the gf they never played with anyway.
>>
>>53782529
This desu.
>>
>>53782474
>Posting personal drama bullshit like this
What the fuck are you even talking about?
I have been here since 08' and personal drama bullshit was always a thing on /tg/ with bitching about groups or DMs but every thread devolving into a fucking witchhunt and when it turns out the DM somehow did perform backflips when there is a GIRL in his group involved is quite recent.

So what the fuck are you even going on about you blithering retard?
>>
File: 1484086008125.jpg (152KB, 700x668px) Image search: [Google]
1484086008125.jpg
152KB, 700x668px
>all these SJWs in this thread

You're the reason gaming is dying.
>>
>>53782438
Oh come on, you don't find it the least bit suspicious that OP's "friends" are so quick to ditch him?
>>
>>53782586
Gaming is dying?
>>
>>53782462
>Why do you come here, /pol/?

A lot of /pol/tards seem to have this idea that the rest of 4chan needs to be redpilled.

It's an unfortunate side effect of being introduced to 4chan through /pol/ instead of through /b/ as had been the case for nearly fifteen years.
>>
>>53782550
>is quite recent
Like fuck it is. It was just like that in '08 when I started coming here.
>>
>>53782511
>OP's account of himself is perfect.
Why are you in thread and even replying to my post when you are literally too dumb to read?

>Something stinks, or at the very least there's context we're missing
Or maybe OP had to deal with shitty people. How autistic do you have to be to assume the wrong doing on OPs part without even considering that yes, maybe there are assholes out there.
Is it because OP outed himself as non-progressive? Is that your bias kicking in?
>>
>>53779674
Most places in the west, actually.
And seeing how the the rest of the world looks like... yeah, most of the world
>>
>>53782586
>>53782528
>>53782438
>it's a "/pol/fag isn't getting enough attention even when he includes images"

Please remember to only post about /tg/-related subjects on /tg/.
>>
File: 1481982874792.jpg (95KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1481982874792.jpg
95KB, 960x720px
>>53782511
>I ASSUME OP IS GUILTY BECAUSE HE IS MALE. THERE IS SIMPLY NO WAY HE COULD BE TELLING THE TRUTH. JUST NO WAY.
>>
>>53782615
>It was just like that in '08 when I started coming here.
>/pol/ and SJW having meltdowns in every fucking thread about drama bullshit

No, stop lying.
>>
>>53782145

She's basically the 4e Warlord class. Most likely a cha-based Non-attacking warlord (Since she didn't personally fight but inspired people)
>>
>>53782196

Man I'd hate to be your friend. You sound like the kind of person to purposefully hold your friends back because you need to satisfy your own insecurities.
>>
>>53779667
She's literally the most researched person from medieval history, go read a book about her one time
Hint: The hollywood version of a warrior woman is bullshit
>>
>>53782550
>but every thread devolving into a fucking witchhunt and when it turns out the DM somehow did perform backflips when there is a GIRL in his group involved is quite recent
I've noticed it happening regularly for the last three years now. Every OP is accused of secretly being That Guy with very flimsy evidence, or even just saying
>well yeah, but what about if he did this? I know he never mentioned it, but it might have happened
There was a cessation for the last couple of months, but it's back with a vengeance, which makes me suspect it's one very sad person doing all the mental gymnastics, or at least instigating them.

The worst case was an example where OP described a GM refusing 5 separate characters, claiming they were too OP, and later he found out that the GM has actually been stealing them and handing them out to the other players.
Someone actually defended that.
>>
>>53782609
>It's an unfortunate side effect of being introduced to 4chan through /r/4chan instead of through /b/ as had been the case for nearly fifteen years
FTFY
>>
>>53782021
>trying to hatefuck all the cute nonhuman males
You mean fucking the other group members and then wrecking everyones friendships
>>
>>53782529
this a million times
>>
>>53782618
He's posting on 4chan m8
Seriously though, why so trusting of OP? Do you find him relatable? If you're the guy creating clouds of cheeto dust and using very emotional language when referring to the hypothetical girl in the situation well, it'd be very telling.
>>
>>53782511
>The story is picked clean of any personal wrongdoing or mishandling of the situation. OP's account of himself is perfect.
Prove it.

Unless you are one of the retards who believe one person cannot be definitely in the right.
>>
>>53779953
>Fictional. Fucking. World.
Her character is fictional too.
Stop being entitled.
>>
>>53780390
Joan of Arc was a retarded peasant that made for a convenient symbol to rally behind.

She was basically a calendar girl for the era
>>
>>53782529
If you have to use games to force your political views your probably a shitty person in general
>>
>>53782687
You've met OP?
Maybe you can give us some details then to help sort this out, since everyone else is working with an anonymous poster they know nothing about.
>>
>>53782644
No, anons accusing OP of being a lying fuck is not a recent phenomenon (because he always is because fa/tg/uys are thatguys) and you know it.
>>
>>53782656
>I've noticed it happening regularly for the last three years now.
Yes and no. I agree that /tg/ has been super paranoid about /pol/ whenever someone mentions something slightly politically incorrect and how every time someone doesn't like some topic the accusations of MAGICAL REALM and THAT GUY start flying.

But the daily shitposting wars between /pol/ and SJWs in every second Thread is fairly new, I would even go as far as saying that it started happening when Quests were banned.
>>
>>53782184

>When you want to join an existing group or game, YOU are the one interested in joining that group or game. Ergo YOU are the one who should make take the iniative, because it's in YOUR interest to do so.

The issue there is that as a new player, she likely didn't have the experience to actually make most of these suggestions about what could be done to slot the character into the scenario.
>>
ITT: White knights who are perfectly fine with betraying friends. You make me sick, /tg/.
>>
>>53782819
Except by the fact that HER BF is already a seasoned player, in fact who already played in the same setting, so really all she had to do is ask him 'how is the setting' and 'what character could I made that's it's cool for the game'.
>>
>>53779133
Why would a Lawful Good organization, much less a Paladin Order, give a fuck about a member's genitals? "Sorry ma'am, I know you're a servant of our lord Heironius granted with divine power and dedicated to fighting evil until your last breath, but your dick must be THIS long in order to hang out with us." You're Lawful Good, god damn it. Doesn't matter if the person joining is Sir Galahad or a one-armed drow lesbian with a bondage fetish, if they're a Paladin you should be thanking them for showing up in the first place. A truly Lawful Good organization would accept any help they can very well get, and discriminating based on sex is probably not Lawful and certainly not Good.

Even if by whatever insane logic you possess sexual discrimination is appropriate for this organization, it's no excuse to shut down someone's character concept like this. Look at 13th Age's One Unique Thing, hers could easily be "I'm the only female member of the Paladin Order." For fuck's sake, she asked to play a female Paladin, not a thousand-year-old dragon with psychic powers, she didn't ask for much.

Furthermore, this is a collaborative storytelling game. If you're not comfortable enough with your GMing to include other player's ideas and suggestions into your work, you're not fit to be a GM in the first place. If you can't handle other people messing with parts of your story you should write fanfiction instead.
>>
>>53782687
>Seriously though, why so trusting of OP? Do you find him relatable?
Ah yes, the accusation of guilt by association. How very SJW of you.

>If you're the guy creating clouds of cheeto dust and using very emotional language when referring to the hypothetical girl in the situation well, it'd be very telling.
Well since you have autism I can tell that getting kicked out of your own group for Wrongthink would leave you cold, I on the other hand would be livid if my group pulled shit like this. Especially since I am the foreverDM.
>>
File: Marine Chart.jpg (2MB, 1078x1773px) Image search: [Google]
Marine Chart.jpg
2MB, 1078x1773px
>>53782859
It's based on historical groups of warrior monks who were all male, duh. I don't see what the issue is.
>>
>>53779558
Would you react this way if this was jsut anotehr fat dude forcing his way in?
>>
>>53782864
But does your group like you, as a person? If they do I don't think they'd pull something like that.
>>
>>53782859
>Why would a Lawful Good organization, much less a Paladin Order, give a fuck about a member's genitals?
Because the order of Battle Maidens is formed by maidens and the Priests of the Oak are formed by priests, since religious organizations.

>social justice is lawful good

Any other unintelligent remarks?

>it's just a paladin!
Except that you are a fucking retard since GM chooses which classes are available. Are you gonna cry your GM doesn't allow you to be a wizard in a setting magic doesn't exist?
>>
>>53782770
>No, anons accusing OP of being a lying fuck is not a recent phenomenon
Since I have been here quite a while longer than you PRETEND TO BE, I can tell you that you are full of shit.
Back in the day he would get a COOL STORY BRO or THINGS THAT NEVER HAPPENED and not a fucking SJW-Inquisition into his character.

Stop pretending that /tg/ was always this kind of shithole because you are one of the people who turned it into one. Jesus fuck, get an ounce of self-reflection, please.
>>
>>53782894
That's like your opinion man.
>>
File: Like clockwork.jpg (369KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Like clockwork.jpg
369KB, 1920x1080px
>>53782511
Again, so many assumptions without any evidence are made. I guess white knighting is something that will never change.
>>
>>53782942
I don't know your friends, that's why I'm asking. Do you think they could pull something like that on you, and does it depend on their opinion of you?
>>
>>53782864
>Ah yes, the accusation of guilt by association. How very SJW of you.
Ah yes, the accusation of guilt by association. How very hypocritical of you.
>>
>>53782932
I don't see any SJW inquisition on OP's character in this thread. I see just normal OP is a fag reactions, like always on 4chan in general and most definitely on /tg/ in specific.
>>
>>53782894
Why is that relevant?
We do not know from OP either whether his group likes him or not.
Would it be more justified if half of the people liked him?
Would it be more justified if 1/3 didnt like him?

You are still doing what you SJWs like to call ''victim-blaming''.
Why are you so triggered about assuming that OPs group and the female might be in the wrong? And I am not saying they are, I am just wondering why it doesn't even seem to cross your mind.
>>
File: 456475678.jpg (437KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
456475678.jpg
437KB, 1280x640px
>>53779558
this is mostly true

>>53779719
her saying "fine I dont need you" and being the first member of her own order would have been a perfect, narrative, and realistic compromise to this situation. Her personal goal along with the story would be to start a repuation for her new guild through her adventuring. this would have been a perfect solution, along with the other one people mentioned of her pretending to be a man and then having an unveiling after she's accepted and respected. Either one would have been cool, narrative, and fun.

I get the impression op just herp derped and said no girls allowed, and I get the impression that his players herped derped and didn't communicate and just got offended that someone didn't want to just say ok to everything. So with most disagreements in life, everyone did something wrong.
>>
>>53782975
>You must be a neckbeard because you seem sympathetic to him
>You must be an SJW because you spout their reasoning and their lines

One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?
>>
>>53779133
Actually the main lesson here is don't allow couples. Ever.

Also I am happy for you OP, you really evaded a bullet. If they accepted you... DM with a playing GF is the recipe for trouble.
>>
>>53782969
Could they of course, would they depends on what the other person is offering but my friends usually have partners so they aren't desperate enough to ditch me for poon. Not all individuals are this lucky.
>>
>>53782893

If the GM said he couldn't play a male paladin? Sure.
>>
>>53779558
>>53783042
>this is mostly true

No it isnt. If you have someone join your game and the first thing you have to do is make sure that he is not uncomfortable in your game while the other people were perfectly fine with it, it is not ''setting your priorities straight''. It is quite literally the opposite of that.
>>
>>53779808
Okay what race? We are allowing anything from core, and advanced race guide.

For a seductress I'd recommend the Geisha bard, but any bard will probably serve you well.
>>
>>53783022
It's relevant because I'm teaching by asking questions (it's called the Socratic method, look it up). First I make the anon realize that his friends wouldn't pull something like that on him because they like him. Then he realizes (on his own, preferably) that maybe the OP's friends didn't really like him to begin with, and he starts questioning why this might be.

Hope this helps!
>>
File: 434536457.jpg (2MB, 1489x1825px) Image search: [Google]
434536457.jpg
2MB, 1489x1825px
>>53783154
the point is that it was a "no" instead of working with them to figure out a solution.

Just sitting and talking for 5 minutes could have solved all this, but I get the impression neither side communicated.

If the gm had laid out a realistically difficult path to her joining and proving herself, or a similarly difficult path of making a new order, or whatever other idea has been discussed already, it would have been fine.

You absoutely should put effort or thought into making everyone at the table happy, and I'm also not suggesting anyone toss their setting out the window. We're talking about making a realistically difficult path for her to get her character to be a paladin by whatever path they come up with. We're not telling op to change his setting on her whim, and we're also not telling her to fuck off.

Nobody has to bend over backwards for the other, but both do have to compromise. Wow look now everyone gets to play games instead of a 350 post thread arguing.

She has her realistically difficult goals set for her, and the gm has his order of knights still not accepting women until they are realistically convinced to do so or until the see that the new rival order that does accept women is doing well etc etc.
>>
>>53782369
This is dumb. I've played with groups full of people more leftist than anything you'll find in America, and we've played sexist, fundamentalist slave owners. Being a leftist in real life doesn't mean your setting needs to be progressive.
>>
There's a lot of naysaying in this thread. Here are some possible answers to the situation.
>Reject the concept entirely.
>The girl creates a male character.
>The girl creates a female character, cuts her hair short, and binds her breasts, and joins the order in secret.
>The girl creates a female character who aspires to join the order legitimately, attempting to earn favour and respect with the order.
Personally I like the last two options it creates a character with an innate goal in the universe other than blindly following the party, and when worked into the plot a character's goal to change society can be interesting and fun. Just make sure it doesn't become the entire driving force behind the campaign a la legalizing gay marriage.
>>
>>53782859
>this is a collaborative storytelling game
No, this is a role playing game, you entitled, rancid cunt. Fuck you, and fuck you a million times over.
>>
>>53783375
This is a good and sensible post. Instead of saying flat out 'no' and ending up with no game the OP should've been more flexible with his plans.
>>
>>53783467
Like it or not your players' actions will change your setting.
>>
File: 49151588_p0.jpg (692KB, 1128x1149px) Image search: [Google]
49151588_p0.jpg
692KB, 1128x1149px
>>53782859
discriminating based on rules that the authority in charge create is lawful.

If the head paladin who sits on a fancy throne says girls can't join, then the people at the door who say "sorry maam" are acting lawfully.

I think it would be wrong to do with to a player without simultaneously giving her some means to prove herself to get in or create her own order or sneak in by pretending or what not, but I'm just saying that them not being lawful is probably not true.

>>53783467
you're just dumb though.
>>
>>53783096
I wish that I new this when I started playing. The first D&D group I was ever in had a couple who would nuzzle each other occasionally (They were that bad).
>>
>>53783375
He also said the Dominate order was male only not the ONLY order was male only. So wouldn't the first step be to see why her character wanted to join that order in specific, and see if there is another order in the setting that fits the character that she could join?

Then move to more drastic actions like those found in Monsterous Regiment, Mulan, and Joan of Arc?

I mean shouldn't be that hard. Though it would require talking to the player, maybe interviewing them.
>>
>>53783266
>Hope this helps!

Except that you are still performing all those mental gymnastics to justify why OP must be a bad person.

At this point you should just simply come out and admit your bias against OP for mentioning he is not progressive because that is all I see from you.

Again:
Why are you so triggered about assuming that OPs group and the female might be in the wrong?
Does it go against your Tribalism?
>>
>>53782884
I'm pretty sure historical groups would have let anyone join, regardless of sex, if they could heal wounds with a touch and smite tangible demons with holy fire. Plenty of women have gotten sainthood for less.

>>53782927
>Because the order of Battle Maidens
Are you OP? Because OP never mentioned Battle Maidens, and he never gave the female player that opportunity, he just refused to run for her if she wanted to play a female Paladin of that order. No attempt to meet her halfway was attempted according to OP.

>Any other unintelligent remarks?
You don't know what Lawful Good means, do you? "A lawful good character acts as a good person is expected or required to act. He combines a commitment to oppose evil with the discipline to fight relentlessly. He tells the truth, keeps his word, helps those in need, and speaks out against injustice. A lawful good character hates to see the guilty go unpunished." Furthermore, "A lawful good being... Believes everyone should be treated fairly and kindly." Barring membership to a military organization based on sex, not the person's ability to perform their duties as a member, is unfair and therefore not Lawful Good. It's textbook discrimination. Source: easydamus.

>GM chooses which classes are available
The OP explicitly called it a Paladin Order in a D&D game. Paladin was never described as a prohibited class, and playing a Paladin was never the thing that got OP upset, it was someone having the audacity of playing a *gasp* FEMALE Paladin and joining his fictional group of all-male Paladins. Your point is entirely invalid.
>>
>>53783707
I'm not biased against OP because he's not progressive, I'm biased against him because he's being a faggot.
>>
>>53783725
>I'm pretty sure historical groups would have let anyone join, regardless of sex, if they could heal wounds with a touch and smite tangible demons with holy fire. Plenty of women have gotten sainthood for less.
That just isn't true. Can you name any female saints who joined one of the crusading military orders? Even if they respect said saints, that doesn't mean they they would be allowed to join an all mens group. It's the same reason why a man wouldn't be allowed to join a convent of nuns. They could be associated, but they would never be a member.
>>
>>53783725
>unfair
In your opinion. Morals are relative.
>>
>>53783022
>accusing everyone who's having a chuckle at OP's social ineptitude and inability to retain friends of being triggered or SJWs
>Is easily the most triggered person posting

People don't disallow themselves a cherished fun activity for dumb reasons like political correctness. If his friends enjoy and look forward to his sessions in earnest, they wouldn't ditch him, if he's not a shit time to be around, he's a shit GM. He's also not identified himself further, and only one person is getting irrationally upset here, so there's that.
>>
>>53780747
Best possible response
>>
>>53783725
>1st
No you retard, my point was that one gender factions are a medieval staple.

>2nd
Yeah anon, I'm sure that those nuns of the convent are not lawful good because they didn't let your disgusting neckbeard join.

Stop being retarded. Lawful Good doesn't mean no dogmatism.

Ah, let me trigger you: sexes are not equal. Not in real life and much less on a fictional setting. There are settings that only virgin maidens have power for example.

>3rd
>being this unable to read
Again, which characters allowed are defined by the GM. If he said that paladins were male then the character needs to be male, or at least work as a male character.

>audacity
You seem awfully triggered by it anon. There are good female paladins such as Aribeth, but they exist in settings that those characters have a place on it. Grow up and stop being dumb.
>>
File: Collaborative Storytelling.png (63KB, 1130x158px) Image search: [Google]
Collaborative Storytelling.png
63KB, 1130x158px
>>53783467
In a tabletop roleplaying game, event occur and characters interact to form a narrative, aka a story. Multiple people participate in a tabletop roleplaying game, therefore it is collaborative. Ergo, a tabletop roleplaying game is a collaborative storytelling game.

>>53783558
Discrimination is unjust and therefore not Lawful according to the definition of the word itself. Prohibiting someone from joining an organization based on sex and *nothing else* is textbook discrimination.

>>53783749
I'm pretty sure there weren't any real-life historical women who could shoot divine laser beams out of their eyes and bring back the dead with holy power, so the comparison is a little moot.

>>53783794
Not in D&D, which OP is playing. Lawful Good is Lawful Good, and there's Detect X spells to prove it.

>>53783878
OP never said that all Paladins in his setting were male and no edition of D&D requires them to be male so you're talking out of your ass. But go ahead, keep telling me how 'triggered' I am by your pitiful insults, you're totally getting under my skin bro.
>>
File: 546578.jpg (103KB, 733x1000px) Image search: [Google]
546578.jpg
103KB, 733x1000px
>>53784002
you are right that it is textbook discrimination, but you are incorrect in thinking discrimination is necessarily unlawful.

>>53783861
with a caveat, of the third option of her own order of knights.
>>
>>53784002
>OP never said that all Paladins in his setting were male and no edition of D&D requires them to be male so you're talking out of your ass.

Are you literally incapable of understanding an argument?

Yes, he said that the main LG Paladin order is all male. And I said that one gender only orders are a medieval staple, so nothing wrong with it. The setting already existed and they played it before, and from what he said it differs from traditional D&D, so that's all.

So it's very, unbelievable retarded to go 'but why I cannot be a female paladin', when you were already given plenty of reasons you cannot. The setting is his, they could exist or they couldn't. But it's always retarded to want to change an existing setting to cuddle a new player.

And I don't want to trigger you, just tell you that you are spewing a lot of shit and that I am seriously doubting your intelligence.
>>
>>53783878
your make believe setting has no value, it exists only as a conduit for you and your fellow humans to have fun, OP basically let dedication to a fictional place get in the way of enjoyable interaction with fellow humans. If bending the rules for one person to play something reasonable (ie not furfaggotry or erpg or whatever) prevents OP from having fun, OP is probably autistic.

Or he only feels comfortable running settings with hard 'no girls allowed' factions or bodies just for the purpose of playing out his non progressive views, which in itself isn't a problem for me, but when that need comes before just having fun with everybody or prevents you from doing so

uh, yeah, autism.
>>
>>53784002
>I'm pretty sure there weren't any real-life historical women who could shoot divine laser beams out of their eyes and bring back the dead with holy power, so the comparison is a little moot.
That is completely besides the point and you know it. Are male nuns OK now as well? It's hilarious as your entire "argument" hinged upon a real life military order tolerating any of that, when you yourself said that the entire comparison is moot.
>>
>>53784137
>your make believe setting has no value
This make no sense. Are you playing a 'lolsetting'? A setting has to have a value, it has to have a concrete base otherwise it's just a gibberish.

>OP basically let dedication to a fictional place get in the way of enjoyable interaction with fellow humans.
Taking into account that the setting is like the entire universe in the game, it's very stupid to think that it should twist to a new player whims.

>If bending the rules for one person to play something reasonable
DM is the one who decides what's reasonable on the setting.

>Or he only feels comfortable running settings with hard 'no girls allowed' factions or bodies just for the purpose of playing out his non progressive views
Nothing that indicates that.

>but when that need comes before just having fun with everybody or prevents you from doing so
Which fun? She wasn't even playing. She was a fucking new player, who by her choice dropped the game because her first choice was refused. Just that.
>>
>>53784255
Why is it stupid? despite your assertion, it doesn't have any irl value. I dunno dude, If the "DM is the one who decides what's reasonable on the setting." being lord of a fictional world with no players is clearly more important to him. You'd think since everyone's gathering to have fun together, it'd be something mature adults could negotiate. You'd think a mature adult would have the ability to compromise on his fairytale land.

I'm aware she hadn't joined yet, my inclination however when new people want to come have fun too would be to try and work something out that works for them and the existing players in order to facilitate a fun time. Clearly the existing players wouldn't have an issue since they ditched OP to play basically the same setting sans him trying to feebly exert the rules of his world on their good time.
>>
>>53783732
Must be like looking in a mirror, then.
>>
>>53784586
>Why is it stupid? despite your assertion, it doesn't have any irl value.
It has entirely value in the fictional setting, because it NEEDS to be built upon something concrete, otherwise it degenerates into a 'lolwhatever' setting.

>I dunno dude, If the "DM is the one who decides what's reasonable on the setting." being lord of a fictional world with no players is clearly more important to him.
Are you retarded? The DM is always the one who checks the characters and decides if they fit the setting. Players if they don't like it they make a new character that fits the setting, change their characters to fit or just don't play.

>You'd think since everyone's gathering to have fun together, it'd be something mature adults could negotiate. You'd think a mature adult would have the ability to compromise on his fairytale land.
Mature adults don't go into existing games and demand changes. They work with what they have. You probably mean autistic retards who never learned that not everything should bend to them.

>I'm aware she hadn't joined yet, my inclination however when new people want to come have fun too would be to try and work something out that works for them and the existing players in order to facilitate a fun time.
Except that no, you don't need to work with the person who want the fucking deathstar. If you do fine, but then be ready to be keep being pushed because 'but you changed this little thing for that guy'. A new player who comes into a table and already demand changes is a That Guy in making.

>Clearly the existing players wouldn't have an issue since they ditched OP to play basically the same setting sans him trying to feebly exert the rules of his world on their good time.
You don't even know if it's the same setting. The other guy just said he would run. And you don't even know if the others saw what happened.

You don't know how to think, you don't know how to DM and you don't know how real life works either. Either way grow up.
>>
>>53779133
>Main order
There were other order she could complain about I presume.
>she said
He thinking with his dick and is assuming a lot.
>character concept
What did you make anyway? You did make a character to play.
>>
File: 1423798024979.png (205KB, 1418x721px) Image search: [Google]
1423798024979.png
205KB, 1418x721px
>>53784116
Maybe, but a Lawful Good person would not enforce nor obey a law that was unjust. If the law or your superior in the chain of command tells you to act in a way that discriminates or harms innocents, a Lawful Good person would not follow those laws or those orders, and if they did they would absolutely voice their complaints afterwards and/or leave the organization.
>>
>>53786218
I think you are a bit mistaken anon. If a nun blocks you from joining a covent nothing is harming you. You aren't entitled to join groups and there is nothing good that forces them to do so.
>>
>>53780354
Liberals can stick to things just fine. But most liberals are considered conservative these days.
You're probably thinking of post-modernists. Those aren't really "left" so much as they are "not right."
>>
>>53780747
This guy gets it. Fuck changing the setting for the character if it is already set in place... but a character changing the setting? Hell yeah.
>>
>>53784817
You're fundamentally there to provide everyone a good time as DM, you're essentially a host with a ton of extra work. earlier I said realistic wants, not something like a death star, but by all means go blow it out of proportion to fit your narrative of outrageous demands by entitled players that ruin games.

You sound like a riot to play games with.
>>
>>53786908
And no, I promise you, nobody's sense of enjoyment is scaling off how seriously you fuckin' take yourself and the business of playing pretend. Our campaigns are negotiated between the group, it takes the whole group for the thing to work and the whole group DM included is responsible for a positive experience, nobody should be beholden to one asshole who wants to exert dominion over his friends. It's not surprising you're so defensive of OP, you sound like the same kind of joyless cunt that knows just enough about how non autists conduct themselves to trick people into thinking you'll be fun to sit around a table with, more fool them.
>>
>>53786908
>You're fundamentally there to provide everyone a good time as DM, you're essentially a host with a ton of extra work.
Yes, and part of that is working with a concrete and solid setting.

>earlier I said realistic wants, not something like a death star, but by all means go blow it out of proportion to fit your narrative of outrageous demands by entitled players that ruin games.
Which is entirely accurate since this is already an existing setting with it's own rulings. This isn't a setting on conception, it's already matured and tuned in a determined way.

>You sound like a riot to play games with.
Yes, because I wouldn't allow a new player from outside the table force me to change the setting to appease his snowflake need to play a specific character.

As I said before please grow up.
>>
>>53787017
>And no, I promise you, nobody's sense of enjoyment is scaling off how seriously you fuckin' take yourself and the business of playing pretend.
Ah I get it: you play in a 'loltable'. Well whatever, some people prefer activities which thinking is underrated.

> Our campaigns are negotiated between the group, it takes the whole group for the thing to work and the whole group DM included is responsible for a positive experience, nobody should be beholden to one asshole who wants to exert dominion over his friends.
I didn't know refusing to accept a character who doesn't fit the setting is being dominative. But then you did show to be retarded many times, so whatever.

>. It's not surprising you're so defensive of OP, you sound like the same kind of joyless cunt that knows just enough about how non autists conduct themselves to trick people into thinking you'll be fun to sit around a table with, more fool them.
Are you starting to whine anon?

I think it's funny that you consider 'autistic' to work in a concrete setting where characters need to abide to it's rules and not the other around, but not autistic to allow a new player to change a setting just because he really wants to play something that doesn't exist. But then you are probably the famous pussy DM, who lecturates games for those who aren't interesting in thinking to earn their fun, so why should I bother?
>>
>>53786297
Paladins aren't nuns and nuns aren't Lawful Good. Paladins are holy warriors and zero editions of D&D have ever made out groups of Paladin to be an all-boys club. By making a Paladin order that discriminates based on sex OP is saying "In my setting, it's alright for Lawful Good people, Paladins no less (who are held to an even higher standard than most Lawful Good folk) to reject women from their groups for literally no other reason than their sex." That's a pretty skewed way of seeing Lawful Good. You might as well say "The Order of White Hats is universally Lawful Good, and they don't associate with or give admittance to non-humans or people with darker skin tones than tan." Does not compute.
>>
>>53788133
Oh so they would be what, neutral good?

You are stupid if you think that the only reason is 'they are women'. For example, one of the arguments for priests were because the apostles were men. Another argument, to protect women since this is medieval times and they should be taking care of their homes.

In fact a setting can have many reasons, like I said before only women maidens showing a type of power. You are very silly if you believe that a Lawful Good organization cannot be discretive about it's members.
>>
>OP admits that he hates a person and wants to ruin that person's relationships
>that person therefore doesn't want to spend time with OP, who hates and wants to destroy that person's relationships
>that person is somehow wrong for doing this

Hmm
>>
>>53788279
>OP admits that he hates a person and wants to ruin that person's relationships
Where?
>>
>>53788319
Looks like I got it confused with the other thread in which OP has secret homolust for a friend and therefore didn't want to let the friend's girlfriend into the game.
>>
>>53788596
Yeah, you should probably be here: >>53776956
>>
File: Female Paladin.jpg (87KB, 564x751px) Image search: [Google]
Female Paladin.jpg
87KB, 564x751px
>>53788239
Do... do you understand what a Paladin is? A female Paladin is not a farmgirl with a stick wanting to play hero. A Paladin is a goddamn badass who can run in Platemail with a greatsword, a warrior imbued with literal divine power that burns and smites their enemies, who can banish wounds and disease with a touch and whose very presence drives away evil and fear.

A Paladin Order telling a female Paladin to stay home and make some babies is like a University telling a woman with three doctorates in science that they won't hire her but she should work at a daycare. I don't care if it's legally their right, it's sure as hell not Good and in a world like D&D with absolute morality, where the essence of good is as detectable as infrared is in real life, that's unacceptable. If they're truly Lawful Good they will not discriminate based on sex. It's just not something they would do, and if you do it in your game you're not following the letter nor the spirit of the rules.
>>
>>53788647
>Do... do you understand what a Paladin is? A female Paladin is not a farmgirl with a stick wanting to play hero. A Paladin is a goddamn badass who can run in Platemail with a greatsword, a warrior imbued with literal divine power that burns and smites their enemies, who can banish wounds and disease with a touch and whose very presence drives away evil and fear.

You are a dumbass. There are no female paladins in OP setting, because the order doesn't train women to be paladins, so you literally have no point.

>A Paladin Order telling a female Paladin to stay home and make some babies is like a University telling a woman with three doctorates in science that they won't hire her but she should work at a daycare. I don't care if it's legally their right, it's sure as hell not Good and in a world like D&D with absolute morality, where the essence of good is as detectable as infrared is in real life, that's unacceptable. If they're truly Lawful Good they will not discriminate based on sex. It's just not something they would do, and if you do it in your game you're not following the letter nor the spirit of the rules.
You are completely retarded. How is there a female paladin if the order doesn't train female paladins?

Ffs anon, dumbest comment in the whole thread.
Thread posts: 396
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.