[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /tg/, Can I get some recommendations for role playing systems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: ck in a nutshell.jpg (3MB, 800x6065px) Image search: [Google]
ck in a nutshell.jpg
3MB, 800x6065px
Sup /tg/,

Can I get some recommendations for role playing systems that allow for deep, tactical combat? I'm thinking something comparable to a skirmish wargame except on a single-character RPG scale, with more options per character to make up for the fact that everyone only has one dude. A sci-fi setting would be preferred, but not necessary since I can always do some refluffing and houseruling to make it fit. I'm mostly just looking for a system that has combat with a decent level of tactical complexity which I can modify for a game I'm planning.

If the system has solid non-combat rules as well that'd be nice, but that's strictly optional for my purposes.

Picture not related.
>>
My time has come!

Unless you want simulationist stuff, in case, shit, I don't know, Ops and tactics?
>>
>>53779072
I don't really care about simulationist vs gamist, as long as it has some decent depth to it and is actually fun to play.

If I had to choose one I'm probably leaning more towards the gamist side of things.
>>
>>53779096
Strike! it is then.

The only hurdle I can think of is it being class based, but it could be hand waved as equipment loadout in a futuristic setting easily.

PDFs here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a1i5mhmasq77iqm/Strike%20Books.zip?dl=0
>>
>>53779124
Thanks, I'll have a look at it.
>>
>>53779031
D&D 4e
>>
File: Strike! Combat Example.pdf (213KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Strike! Combat Example.pdf
213KB, 1x1px
>>53779140
Combat example just so you know what you are getting into.

The core rulebook itself is pretty bad, and is waiting for a rewrite; i suggest you start with the combat system around 90, and then read the rest of the system.

I'll be around to answer any questions if they arise.
>>
Hate to be that guy but GURPS is very good for deep simulationist/semi realistic combat
>>
>>53779237
This reads like it's just D&D 4e with the numbers filed off.
>>
>>53781357
It is
>>
>>53779031
If you're up for it, Through The Breach has the option written in to play just like the Malifaux Skirmish wargame. You use a deck of cards instead of dice and get to draw a new hand every turn. You can take either the topdeck or if you're trained, play a card to replace it. It sounds worth a look for you at least.
>>
>>53781453
Sounds interesting, I'll have a look.
>>
>>53781357
>>53781421
In more ways than one.

It massively reduced number/modifier bloat that 4e had going on.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.