[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some interesting and cool super powers for a not!BokuNoHero

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

File: bokunoheroacademia.png (3MB, 1600x1280px) Image search: [Google]
bokunoheroacademia.png
3MB, 1600x1280px
What are some interesting and cool super powers for a not!BokuNoHero game?

The games a real mishmash of stuff with powers and some supernatural. Players are at a multi-national academy for "unique" people. Like X-Men.
>>
>>53775088
Also character ideas are cool too. They can be added to classes and such
>>
>>53775088
DINO DNA
>>
>>53775102
Raptors killed everyone in my last game. That's just asking for PTSD episodes....I'll do it
>>
>>53775088
Bubblegum.

Can become elastic and sticky. If beat on too long they start to disintegrate. They can also stretch too far and snap.

It is possible to re-form but it hurts quite badly.
>>
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random

Have fun!
>>
>>53777428
It's alright. Was using it earlier, the problem is sifting through lots of crappy powers or powers that are too powerful to get to that small golden area of superpowers.
>>
Bumping before I go to bed. Probably gotta start looking up US timezones for when to post. Might help.
>>
File: giphy.gif (326KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
326KB, 500x269px
>>53775088
>Cutting Wind
>When [character] swings one of their limbs through the air, it creates a razor sharp blade of air. Shape, strength, sharpness, and range can all be dictated by how the blade is produced.
>Slashing the pointer finger through the air casually could tear a sheet of notebook paper
>a forceful swipe with multiple fingers starts to get dangerous
>a full palm can cut down a tree
>kicks can start breaking stone

>he's really dangerous when he breakdances

Random spitballing.
>>
File: 20151113-jojoeoh-20.jpg (105KB, 835x450px) Image search: [Google]
20151113-jojoeoh-20.jpg
105KB, 835x450px
>>53775102
Ever since pic related, I like weredinos now.
>>
File: Humberto_Lopez_(Earth-616).png (163KB, 454x459px) Image search: [Google]
Humberto_Lopez_(Earth-616).png
163KB, 454x459px
>>53775102
>>
>>53777313
Isn't that just kinda like Hisoka from HxH
>>
>>53779223
Nothing is original.
>>
>>53775088
I'm personally fond of gimmick heroes who don't really scream powerhouse but have incredibly versatile abilities. These were my old heroes in M&M.

>Swapman
His power is to swap the positions between an object or person held in his hand and an object or person within his line of sight.

>Slick
He can sweat an incredibly slippery liquid that ignores the usual laws of friction, allowing to slide around quickly from his feet.
He can also sweat an incredibly viscous adhesive that has enough strength to support a truck.
combining both lets him climb walls with ease, surf over rough terrain and become invulnerable to kinetic damage.

>Dynamo
She can absorb and convert one type of energy for another. She can absorb heat or light and convert it to electricity as an attack, or into kinetic energy into her muscles to boost her physical performance. She can even absorb kinetic energy of punches and bullets and convert them to something harmless.

>Torque
She can make objects rotate incredibly fast. This lets her turn fanblades into vacuums, fidget spinners into shurikens, or even cause buildings to topple over itself. The rotating object also hast a vast amount of energy in it, capable of using its rotational spin to crush or ricochet objects in its path.
>>
>>
File: tumblr_opk5xjGOeZ1tvl583o1_500.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_opk5xjGOeZ1tvl583o1_500.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>53779440
>he doesn't post best cheerleader
Have some taste, anon.
>>
>>53775088
I'm not very creative, so I usually choose a stock power with some hard limits.
Perhaps you control water, but only contiguous masses with skin contact, so you have strings of water that can be cut, and with effective range proportional to purity, so bloodbending only works within one inch.
>>
File: IMG_4833.jpg (96KB, 506x270px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4833.jpg
96KB, 506x270px
>>53779223
O
>>
>>53777582

isnt that basically how their world is through?

some people can kill with a touch and others can attract small items
>>
>>53779204
How many spics are superheroes in Earth-616?
>>
>>53775088

Power: delayed ressurrection

Simply put, his only power is that his body turns into energy and then reforms back together in perfect health about half an hour after he dies.

He has no other powers.

So he can be killed really easily, it just doesnt stick. He is the perfect guy to throw into danger and disaster, because he can come back from it. The pawn you sacrifice but still get to keep.

He uses this power to engage in forms of training that are normally suicidal, slowly building up combat experience to give him an edge in a fight. Lets just say he has a better track record of dodging bullets than any man should, courtesy of trying and failing to dodge bullets over and over until he got it right.

It is simultaneously a really powerful and kinda useless power.
>>
>>53780519
Is his name Kevin?
>>
>>53775088
Let's put this in here.

>>>> Fruit Bomb (Hero name, power name, whatever).

Can turn acids to explosives and ignite them. But because handling real acids is pretty dangerous for your hands, it works best with fruits, citrus fruits to be exact. Has prepared fruits that have a fuse.

The process to throwing a fruit bomb is this:

Pierce the skin
Turn the insides into explosive material
Light the fuse
THROW!

The turning and ignition can also be done simultaneously, such as:

Mentos + Diet coke
Cover the mouth of the bottle (specially made bottles / tubes etc for better control)
Turn the coke into explosive and ignite simultaneously
It's a 5-second flamethrower.

I just fucking realized that this is the lovechild of Blasty McSplode and Alien Queen. Took me a month to realize that

>>>> Chili Fire
Turns hot foods into breathable fire. Simple as that. Take a bite of chili and burn their house down.
>>
The power to metabolize hydroxal-group sugars into temporary boosts to strength and healing. This is a function of his digestive system, so ingestion has to take place some time before the effect becomes noticable.

In laymans turns: alcohol gives him superpowers, but he has to start drinking before the fight begins for it to help.
This doesnt actually do anything to limit the other effects of alcohol, so he is superstrong AND drunk. The more alcohol, the stronger he gets.

As you can imagine, this is an especially problematic power for a superhero that is still a minor.
>>
>Blind person who can steal other people's eyesight for a period
>>
File: Mirro.png (346KB, 384x548px) Image search: [Google]
Mirro.png
346KB, 384x548px
>>53775088
I feel you OP. I'm running a OPM game myself by virtue of the core concept being really similar even though we started a solid year before i even heard of it. I have a whole spreadsheet of heroes if you're interested, but here are some of my/my players favorites. Feel free to rip off wholesale or however much you want.

>Mirro
Some Tuxedo Mask-looking guy with a mirror for a head. Can reverse any aspect of reality he chooses. He uses this mostly to return projectile attacks ala Magic Cylinder, or change positions with an enemy. Granted he's a coward and not very creative. Could be much better in the right hands. (pic related, but i draw like a middle schooler)

>Laundry Man
Controls all the stuff you associate with laundry. Bleach, washers and dryers, clothes etc. Mainly fights by binding people with bed sheets and blasting them with water.

>Ray and Iris
A blind man who can control light (you can be as vague as you want with that), and his assistant who can see through anyone's eyes, or let them see through hers. Lets Ray see/Intel gathering/planning.

>Rainbow Girl
Controls colors. Not clear on exactly what that means yet, but you could confuse the shit out of people and use camouflage. Technically you could just wipe all color from their eyes and scare the shit out of them.

>Grandslam
A baseball themed hero what just throws balls really hard, runs really fast and is the master of the fast ball special move
>>
Me and a bunch of friends actually made a bunch of power:

Wave lenght:

The power to see literally any type of wave lenght. Ideal for spying, detecting the source of sound, illness, radiations, bodily fluid and much more! Work great in a police setting. If the character has some martial art training and use a lot of smoke screen, they can be quite dangerous!

Material shift:

They can turn into various substance if they hold them. Sand? You can now reform yourself! Diamond? Good luck hurting you! Copper? You can conduct electricy, enjoy your enemy frying themself!

Animations:

When you touch an object, they become "alive" for X period of time. Except that you can't control them. They have their own agenda and character. You could potentially create a murderous ping-pong ball, a shy Jeep, and a pencil trying to drown themself. Said hero would have to carry a shit ton of random crap to fight for them.

Emotional pheromon:

Character can produce strange pheromone that create strong emotions toward the hero in the victim. You can make peoples angry at you, sad, in lovr or jaleous over you. Ideals for a villain I would say
>>
ok

Pangolin - Armoured martial artist. Able to curl up into a ball and roll.
Hivelord - Insect control. BEEEES.
Deadzone - Has a null zone disabling magic, psionics, electricity.
Tony the Ninja - Government experimental cyborg ninja. Spends most of his time at the bar drinking but unable to become drunk.
The Great Wuzini - 'Magician'. No magic. Sleight of hand, pocket of tricks, conventional weaponry.
Timberwolf - Werewolf who gets more wolfy as he fights.
Kintek - Spandex and cape, able to project kinetic blasts and barriers.
Hogtie - Boar-man small-time gangster. Purse snatching, carjacking, hired muscle. Tough, strong, big tusks.
Ronin - Lazy cyborg samurai archer with a taste for fame and flair. High tech bow with sciencey arrow assortment.
Bluefin - Fishman with razor fins and superhuman athletic ability. Pretty af, fan favourite.
Powerball - Baseball outfit, mouth-covering scarf and eye-shading hat. Superhuman baseball skills, carries a titanium bat and a number of trick baseballs in a satchel.
Ranger - Garage-built fire and rescue power armour, owned built and piloted by inventor lady in her 40s. Hydraulic cutters, water cannon, enhanced strength, jump pack.
Icebreaker - Massive guy, cape and spandex. Ability to form ice from his body and super strength. Slow.
Hammerhead - Small-time mob boss. Front skull is harder than titanium. Short temper.
Riptide - Aquatic powersuit hero with lots of exposed skin. Fires high-pressure water in various configs and flies with jets.
Critical Mass - Bodybuilder able to shift his muscle mass around freely, being able to increase or decrease weight and strength to levels far beyond human.
Starnose - Moleman with exceptional hardiness and strength and long claws. Able to burrow through concrete at high speed. Vibration sense and super hearing. Dazzled by light.
>>
>>53775088
Boundless infinite energy and motivation, to the point where the wielder of this power never tires and always feels up for another task. In addition, perhaps give them the ability to give others a fraction of their infinite energy, be it for a temporary amount of time or even permanently.
That should make for a good support class.
>>
The Luddite

Has an inverse relationship with technology. The more primitive, the more effective.

Simple bows and slings hit like a truck, but if he tries to make use of a high powered modern sniper rifle, it's barely functional and wildly innaccurate.

For bonus points, he grew up in an Amish settlement
>>
There's actually a pretty cool game based on BokuNoHero that these guys stream, called anime campaign, might be good inspiration. Only difference is people have powers based on a random word. Here's the rule doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FDjPzvwzjypF0LUFjHpHELCMycIL7NA2g5BFPlEdYTo/edit
>>
Had a fun one, Gastro, the Guts Hero. Developed a secondary mouth on his stomach. This extra large mouth can eat almost anything, cement, steel, fire, pure energy. He can consume what he eats with his second mouth to give himself temporary strength, stamina, or quickened healing. He can also regurgitate things he has eaten with burp attacks, or even enhance these burps with the right chemical mixture(diet coke+mentos). His secondary mouth defies physical constraints as he can consume objects bigger than himself, the upper limits of how much he can hold at once has not been discovered. Known to bite through steel and his tongue is quite prehensile. One major weakness is his utter intolerance of spicy food. Eating anything spicy with his second mouth has been known to force him to vomit up anything he has devoured recently and leave him in a weakened state for some time. It should also be noted that eating with his secondary mouth does nothing to sate his appetite.
>>
Let's see, you want ideally a cool but not utterly broken power (than again you got people like Todoroki whose power is technically as normal as it gets, just cranked up to eleven).

>Selective Self-Shrinking
You can shrink your body at will or just shrink certain body parts. May seem like shrinking is a lame power but this has some good utility as a recon guy not to mention shrinking parts of your body to avoid attacks become possible.

>Life Support
You can exist in extreme environments without any problem, such as intense heat, cold, pressure or being underwater or in vacuum. Double as a defensive power against those things but otherwise has absolutely no effect unless you use environment to your advantage.

>Spring Legs
You can jump and bounce like crazy, as well as deliver high-power kicks. Pretty simple but good mobility and offense.

>Adaptive Growth
The kind of power which only works as you're going through puberty but whose effects stick through adulthood. Being exposed to something/pushed in a specific area cause your body to adapt faintly but permanently: being hurt make you feel less pain and tougher, bleeding out make your blood more efficient, working out make you much stronger, being forced to do certain mental tasks make your brain better at them. Essential a 'grind' power with much less use later in life. Probably the most OP of the bunch.
>>
File: allmightthumbsup.jpg (76KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
allmightthumbsup.jpg
76KB, 1200x675px
Man, too many to reply to. But these power ideas are all really cool. They're that nice balance of different/weird and useful. Thanks guys.

>>53779666
>not Tsu.
Shame

>>53781495
Those are real good. I wouldn't mind have a peak at the spread sheet if you don't mind

>>53782794
Thanks man, that looks really good. At first glance it seems a bit simpler/streamlined compared to BESM 3.0 that we're using
>>
There's a web serial called Worm that has a lot of interesting powers you could borrow from.
Some of my favorites are:
>The guy that can turn anything he touches into a projectile
>The girl that can spend a couple seconds charging herself up to become faster, stronger, and invulnerable.
>The girl who has the power to be super forgettable
>The guy that has the power to make shapeshifting shells out of trash
>>
I've always like the idea of a hero that could expel (or inhale) massive gusts of air from various limbs and extremities, but is limited by their cardiovascular system.
The thought of a superhero wildly hyperventilating whilst flying is an amusing concept.
>>
>>53789453
Also, you wouldn't be able to choke/suffocate them conventionally, since they could always use, say, a finger as a snorkel. Maybe the hero could breathe thru his/her pores.
>>
>>53775088
Rope trick
The user can control 50 meters of any flexible cord or rope that's in contact with his body. Chains and metallic wires can be used as well but organic based ropes allow for maximum intricacy of movement.
>>
>>53788751
Tsu is 2nd best girl (purely for lack of development), but you can't beat Toru's enthusiasm when it comes to cheerleading. I'm convinced she made it through the combat test by just happy-ing the robots to death.

That said, there are so many best girls in Hero Academia. It's kinda nuts.
>>
For anyone running a superheroe campaign. What kind of art do you use? I don't feel like using actual marvel or dc superheroes.
>>
>>53775088
Her power is to make sugar explode by touching them, specifically processed sugar. Natural sugars from fruits do not explode. She is not immune to the explosion also she is pink.

Run it in Don't Rest Your Head.
>>
File: original.gif (394KB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
original.gif
394KB, 540x300px
>>53788751
Checking back in, here's the link to the spreadsheet my dude. Enjoy!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k9Z_53gVeOhMVrLVB-mLzIZzrLyUU8hl3d4JeoxnoAQ/edit#gid=665670872
>>
>>53789028
Worm is shit, bro. You're better off soaking your eyes in vinegar and trawling the superpower wiki; it'll be about as good as Worm is at its best.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.