[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First time D&D player. Is pic related a good Charecter to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_20170612-214753.png (240KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170612-214753.png
240KB, 720x1280px
First time D&D player.
Is pic related a good Charecter to play?
It's an Aarakocra monk.
>>
1. Sure, play what you want
2. What app is that?
3. Your stats look pretty meh.
>>
>>53772716
Fifth edition charecter sheet.
Meh stats are alright.
>>
>>53772607
You're gonna have problems killing stuff
>>
>>53772716
Not OP but it's called "Fifth Edition Character Sheet" on the play store. It's a free app unless you want it to add in your higher level things, which was like a buck or two I believe.
>>
>>53772607
Arakocra is a great race for a Monk. They can also fly at Level One which a lot of people (myself included) consider pretty unbalancing.

Your stats are hideously bad. Like, even with the ability to fly, I question whether this character can survive in the long term. A negative Wisdom is crippling on most Monks and your Dexterity is massively important to your ability to contribute in combat. Your Strength and Intelligence probably don't matter but a Six is getting into "Square Block, Round Hole" territory.

What rolling method did you use and why not just do a point buy?
Either way, your total stat modifiers add up to Negative Two which is usually GM pity reroll territory; you should see about getting that.

Your stats are bad enough that you would genuinely be better off climbing into some Light Armor, grabbing a dagger, and ignoring all of your Monk abilities. You will be genuinely more effect like that, at least right now.
>>
>>53773349
I suppose I should roll a new character huh?
>>
>>53773359
It's definitely in that territory, yeah.
If you're forced to play with what you have, you're going to end up dangerously close to dead weight.
>>
>>53773376
Alright hold on.
>>
>>53773359
>>53773421
You should probably also take any future questions over to the 5e General here on /tg/. They're more likely to answer questions/help there and you won't run the risk of having your thread pruned.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170612-225206.png (155KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170612-225206.png
155KB, 720x1280px
>>53773376
Decided on a half orc fighter.
It's breddy gud.
>>
>>53773447
Gotcha.
>>
This seems like a great place to ask some questions since I am a new player like OP.

What is a good site to see classes available to me in 5e as well as what stats you want to focus on with each class. Doesnt have to just be the base classes either.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.