[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> D&D Fifth Edition > Party of LN Dwarf Fighter, CG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

> D&D Fifth Edition
> Party of LN Dwarf Fighter, CG Elf Rogue, NE Human Wizard, all level 3.
> Rogue speaking with the owner of a slightly down on its luck item shop to up the reward for the quest we got about recovering a family heirloom.
> Player rolls a natural twenty on starting persuasion of the shop itself being the reward.
> GM goes with it for a laugh.
> We think it was a joke.
> It wasn't.

GM's probably thinking we're going to sell it off. Heck, we were thinking of doing that at first, but the elf's player said we could probably use the thing as a base while we work in the surrounding area. Wizard's player said we might as well try to run the shop to get some money while we are at it. Place is essentially a pawn shop full of all sorts of random shit on the edge of one of the poorer districts of a small trading city. Could we actually do something to get us a bunch of much money starting with that?
>>
>>53741066
Take whatever is useful / valuable. Sell the shop with what remains.
>>
I guess you could use it almost as a museum, showing off all the cool shit you've got after a quest.

or just become pawn stars, IDK
>>
Could be a base of operations. Hire someone (or better! employ someone the party rescued or a PC family member) to run the shop while the party is out.
When the party returns, roll a table:
- profit! Gain X gold
- discover! Gain an useful item worth X gold but that wouldn't be able to buy
- curse! A pawned item is cursed and the party must deal with it.

There so much good stuff you can do. Mafia mobs wanting money, militia wanting money, a hidden dungeon in the basement, the deal of items...
>>
>>53741066

Turn it into a game of Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale.
>>
>>53741074
GM seems to have a lot of notes on the city, so we're probably going to stick around here for awhile. That's largely what brought on the elf to suggest we use it as a base of operations. At the very least we can trap the place. Another reason the Wizard guy wants to see if we can keep the shop running is to prevent people from asking questions about stuff we do there.
>>
>>53741066
Train some fighting animals and get some blacksmithing skills. You need BattleToads
>>
>>53745356
Never heard of it. What is it?

>>53747321
I really hope the GM doesn't have Liches trolling us for a Deep Rot compatible version of Battletoads...
>>
>>53747222
Hire a few people to run it, supply it somewhat with shit you get, when out questing recommend it to adventurers/other merchants. Use gold you earn to turn it into a for real item shop, taking orders from merchants and shit.

When it starts picking up, expand. Start buying other shops
Form a council. Pull the strings of the city with a small circle of businessmen. Hire a gang. Run a mafia. Start owning property and leasing it out. Break legs of adventurers who can't pay up, or force them into taking weakshit quests you're not interested in.

Capitalism, ho.
>>
You could have the DM take a look at the downtime activities in the DMG, which include running a business. A pawn shop you could probably treat as a trading post (10 gp upkeep per day). They kind of blow and require constant babysitting by the players to function though, so you may also want to read the houserules in this post

http://blogofholding.com/?p=6738
>>
>>53741066
>Player rolls a natural twenty
No. Fuck off.
>>
>>53747848
>Never heard of it. What is it?
Not that guy, and it's been years since I played it so I might be misremembering things but:

Basically you have a shop where you sell shit, and you can go out to dungeons to get more shit to sell. You also haggle with the retarded locals when they decide to buy shit. It's pretty fun.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/70400/Recettear_An_Item_Shops_Tale/
>>
>>53748243
Admittedly, there may be a bit more going on in the background than we know. We did just get the place.

>>53749124
Oh, neat.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.