[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm curious about the main nationalities of this board.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 49

File: tumblr_oq1pcbMvXL1t9x55so1_1280.jpg (292KB, 1280x752px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oq1pcbMvXL1t9x55so1_1280.jpg
292KB, 1280x752px
I'm curious about the main nationalities of this board.

Where are you from, fa/tg/uys and ca/tg/irls, and what's the irl tabletop rpg scene like in your neck of the woods?

Personally, I'm from Australia.
>>
>>53725695
>Personally, I'm from Australia.
Well this thread got off to the worst possible start
>>
Italy but away from home
>>
>>53725695
I'm from Illinois in America. DnD is booming alongside board games. We have a slight surplus of FLGS's but they are not made equal. It's very common to see historicals, infinity, war machine, etc at stores but warhammer is king with a lot of people switching to AoS.

Most common phrase is "I hate AoS story but the game is fun"
>>
>>53725695
>Personally, I'm from Australia.
get the fuck out you shitposting convict cunt
>>
>>53725695

I'm from Ireland.

Games Workshop was always big here, could buy 40k minis in any rural toy shop when I was a kid. Same with main stream trading card games like MTG.

RPGs got big in the last 10 years, the nearest city now has 2 gaming stores and the big book chains stock D&D starter sets.

The community is largely college league based with no big commercial conventions but I have seen a rising trend of pubs hosting boardgame nights and gaming tournaments though.
>>
>>53725695
Brit Bong here, grew up in East London. Traditional gaming all my life. Bullied for it lots at school.

Now shit like D&D, TCG's , boardgames and miniatures are cool amongst girls and hipsters around London.

So on the one hand I'm suddenly popular as I can run an RPG game and play boardgames well etc, on the other hand I resent everyone I'm playing with for being fakes who would have mocked me for playing toy soldiers a decade ago.
>>
>>53725695
Well, i'm from Belgium
>>
>>53725771
I know that feel bro
>>
>>53725705
At least he isn't a Leaf.
>>
>>53725695
>>53725776
Belgian here too, could only find a group online.
>>
>>53725808
From which part of Belgium? Maybe i can help you with that.
>>
>>53725826
Noord-Limburg.
>>
Nig nog from freedomstan. Being in the military you are as likely to find nerds who play DnD as you are chads so most of my RPing started in the Navy. At some point i'm going to start playing again but for now I just live vicariously through everyone else on the board.
>>
>>53725763
>any rural toy shop

Fuck off with your lies. You could buy them in the odd independent hobby or model shop.
>>
>>53725776
>>53725826
Dude what's with all the pedophilia 'n' police corruption 'n' shit?
>>
>>53725830
Damn, i don't know much the Vlamse community, it seems far more active in Brussels and Wallonia.
>>
>>53725871
Ah, don't mind it.
I've got a online game every weekend, and that's more than can be said for some of the poor saps on this board.
>>
>>53725695
I'm a Minnesotan but out here in bible+++ farmtown country land ttrpg opinion is still stuck on 'DnD IS SATAN' soooo yeah
>>
>>53725860
Mary's toymaster had a shelf of em.
>>
New Jersey, USA.

Being in a densely-populated wealthy east coast state means it isn't too hard to find games, especially if you're near a university. It seems like every little town has at least a comic shop and there's some real widespread interest in roleplaying among young people.
>>
>>53725864
It's in the same vein that memeing about french cowards, pedophilia and police corruption aren't as much a problem than in the rest of Occident.
Nowadays it's more about djihadist and politician corruption.
>>
Brazil
I can't find other people playing war games (Battletech is a favorite but never found players, just two guys that know what it is) but board games, on the other hand, is blooming it is easy to find players and new games
>>
>>53725900
North Jersey here. Can confirm.
>>
>>53725695
Russia, Moscow. I have an RPG shop reasonably nearby, but I never go there, because it smells like death. I play with other russians over the internet.
>>
>>53725695
Austria.
modern german fantasy is a disgrace and im trying to reeducate my players into accepting interresting premises.
Its not easy.
>>
>>53725988
Why does every game shop in the world smell like balls?
>>
St. Louis, Missouri
It's ok I guess
>>
>Spain

The 4 or 5 bigger cities have a big and rich enough amount of people for an actual tabletop scene, even if it's still a very small thing compared to other hobbies.

Anywhere else you're just stuck with the same 4 guys for all your life.
>>
Hawaii.
It seems populated with autists so me and my friends jam at home
>>
French guy living in China. City of above 10M people and I can't find a gaming shop. I'm told there are board game cafés about town, though. Some board gamers in the expat community, but for a city this size it's bloody ridiculous.
One thing that's nice is how easy it is to buy cheap minis online for their real price. If only there was somebody to play with...
>>
I'm from Mars.

Send help, running out of ai-
>>
>>53725836
hey fellow spear marksmen I'm okitraz right now and I'm trying to start a game any tips?
>>
>>53725695
Pastaman here

there really aren't many stereotypical neckbeards visible in the open if you don't consider the occasional manchildren playing magic with middle schoolers, but I don't have too much knowledge on the size and complexity of the basement dwellers; otherwise you get groups of novices trying and often staying at the iceberg tip of /tg/ related stuff like the latest D&D and warhammer on top of the previously mentioned magic with a bit of yugioh with the youngest

lgs are very ephemeral as far as I see
>>
File: Good times.jpg (324KB, 1280x757px) Image search: [Google]
Good times.jpg
324KB, 1280x757px
>>53725695
Poland, so pic related.
>>
>>53726323
This is more like the pre-internet shitposting scene than the tg scene though
>>
>>53726323
Fellow Pole here, those are Cossacks anon, but still, heh, that's pretty accurate.
>>
Utah
Just mormons and hot summers
>>
File: Dark Elves.jpg (55KB, 404x600px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Elves.jpg
55KB, 404x600px
>>53725763
You a dub mate? Cause I've been looking for a tabletop Blood Bowl league. Any ones going on?
>>
>>53726181
>still having time to prove that you are not a robot and to submit
You liar!
>>
New York City.

The lack of space means there are surprisingly few FLGS in Manhattan, but things are better out here in Brooklyn.
>>
File: space_marine_joke_post.png (229KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
space_marine_joke_post.png
229KB, 1600x900px
>>53725695
You could just go to /pol/ or /int/ and ask how many people there also go to /tg/? then you could get a better count.
(Americunt here)
>>
>>53726388
Sorry man, Cork,
>>
Brazil, Sao Paulo.

Incredibly easy to find new players, obscenely hard to find decent ones or places that are supporting RPGs, most of them are into MTG and miniature wargaming here is dead as fuck.

Boardgames got BIG.
>>
File: comfy.jpg (41KB, 600x579px) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
41KB, 600x579px
England here, pre-uni I lived in a fairly rural shithole that eventually had a GW, then a FLGS. It stocks mostly Magic stuff though rather than tabletops which is what I'm into.

I moved to Nottingham for uni which is practically hobby mecca. Warhammer World is down the road and there's loads of game shops all over, including those gaming cafe things where you can go play and get a coffee.
>>
>>53725890
where at? im in minneapolis right now
>>
>>53725695
Italy
>>
>>53725695
Switzerland, geneva
D&D5 just been translated in french here
>>
>>53725695
Sydneysider.
>>
>>53725695
im from Britain, not many decent RPers round here so I play over the internet
>>
Canada bud
>>
>>53726341

Shitposting is an institution as venerable as prostitution and just as respected.

>>53726222
Damn dude that sucks. I would think if you have to be stuck in barracks all fucking day with chasity belts then at some point you should be able to find someone who's into gaming, or just try to find groups online if your weekend duties arn't severe. I wouldn't know, never even came close to 11stan because I was stuck on one ship state side for almost my entire time in >_>
>>
>>53726409
Goddamn. You cork guys got BB down there anyway? Would give me an excuse to go down there. I miss that county, did my Masters there.
>>
>>53726510
Yeah man. UCC has a league and sandbox has a weekly night for it.
>>
>>53725695
Canada, specifically Quebec. Finding english-speaking RPG players and products is surprisingly difficult as all the english-language stores keep closing due to lack of patronage. I play on Roll20 nowadays with a stable group of 3 other players plus some occasional drop-in drop-outs.
>>
>>53726524
Holy shit. What days? Though I am guessing its exclusive to UCC students. I graduated like 3 years ago so, may not be suitable. Less there is a local hobby store of some kind.
>>
Russia, Moscow [2]
>>
>>53725695
Spanishfag here.

RPGs used to be something around these parts, but most people of my age that were into it have either migrated to New Afghanistan(aka United Kingdom) or are married and with kids. 9th Age is a thing, with some people playing, but most are into Infinity right now.
Rolewise, I know there are some Pathfinder groups around (including mine, though we haven't stared yet), but most RPG groups in this zone are into Vampire and/or Werewolf, and most of them are a bunch of weaboos and fa/tg/uys and girls.

>>53726091
My compatriot here knows the pain.
>>
Kentucky, US. Home of pure breds, inbreds, and bourbon.

There are a few shops around but they mostly cater to card games. The only place selling books charges double the going rate so Ive ordered mine from online.

Seems like there are plenty of players in the city.
>>
>>53725695
Пpивeт из Бeлapycи, the former eternal crucible of cultural conflict, now merely a brazen and unknown country. Come visit Belovezhsky forests, they are cool.
>>
>>53726646
>>53725695
>and what's the irl tabletop rpg scene like in your neck of the woods?
Adventurer's League and some 40k tournaments
>>
>>53725695
South of France, we got a GW and FLGS that mainly do cards now.
>>
File: finns and livonians.jpg (89KB, 602x811px) Image search: [Google]
finns and livonians.jpg
89KB, 602x811px
>>53725695

Finland
>d-don't bully
>>
>>53725802
Reporting in.
>>
South Germany. I'm posting on /tg/, so I wouldn't know how the actual, real life-community looks like.
But from what I've heard, there is mostly WoD and DSA going on...
War games (/gamers) are a mixed bunch like they should be.
>>
Indianapolis, Indiana. Present home of Gen Con. Gaming is very big here, with a GW store up north, 4 Game Preserve stores inside of a 30 minute drive, the only North American Good Games, Game 2 die 4 and Saltire. We do not suffer a lack of shops.
>>
>>53726712
Same, but bullying is allowed
>>
Argentina but I only recently started playing TTRPGs so I have no idea how the local scene is.
>>
>>53725890
>I'm a Minnesotan but out here in bible+++ farmtown country land ttrpg opinion is still stuck on 'DnD IS SATAN' soooo yeah
Where you at Minnebro?

Polk County here
>>
>>53726611
fuck off we are not new afgan. we are cold, and quite a bit richer.
>>
File: 1256422520962.jpg (9KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
1256422520962.jpg
9KB, 150x150px
>>53725695

Finland

Benis :DDD

>what's the irl tabletop rpg scene like in your neck of the woods?

Dominated by Magic, Warhammer and board games. RPGs still exist but are on their last legs.
>>
Singapore
>>
>>53726789
I would, but many of my favorite bands are from over there, you fought probably the most impressive defensive wars ever and seems to be doing pretty fine nowadays, so I'm not really sure what to goad you about.
>>
Jamaican here never seen another set of dice outside my house
>>
>>53725695
Poland.
My friends are normies of normies so I don't have anyone to play with.
As our oddity in games WHFRP is a big one rivalling dnd or was, some time ago.

>>53726348
>those are Cossacks anon
it was all PLC at some time so it is shared history, and fuck the sultan in that pic.
>>
>>53726550
>>53725695 (OP)
>and what's the irl tabletop rpg scene like in your neck of the woods?
Obscure I'd say, though people start to take interest in it via anticafes, rolecon.ru, etc. Adventurers League and Pathfinder Society are present, ofc.

Feeling like finding a group interested in less known systems like GURPS and Shadowrun (not on 'pls generate my character for me, I don't care about rulebooks at all' level) isn't easy. Don't play M:tG or 40k, can't say anything in this regard.

Rulebooks are sold via online shops, scarce assortment in LGS last time I checked.
>>
>get sucked into cursed RPG manual
>in anarchic hellhole full of hostile wildlife and savage natives
>realize I'm just in Florida
>>
>>53726431
>>53725947
Brazil, Brasília
I notice everything these guys said is true over here too. Especially how big boardgames got. I also think that the players and DMs around here seem to be overwhelmingly good, but outside of the eventual meetup I don't get much contact with them. It's always enjoyable, though.
>>
>>53725900

North Jerseyan checking in

There's a convention near me every year, lots of good local stores for buying books and dice, but everyone seems to be buying online and playing with pdfs. I feel like that's increasingly common everywhere, though.
>>
File: 1438581528272.jpg (63KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1438581528272.jpg
63KB, 500x500px
>>53725736
Fellow ILbro reporting in, but I've been living in CO for about a year now. Old place still a shithole?

My current city has ~150K people with two FLGS and a successful board game/RPG bar. There's at least one public games meetup a week here. It's pretty great, but I haven't been able to take advantage on account of my new job.
>>
File: IMG_2199.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2199.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. It sounds like it was made up for an rpg, but it actually has a decent gaming scene. We've even got a bar that hosts d&d nights. Nothing else to do in our eight month winter.
>>
>>53725802
I'm not your buddy, guy.
>>
>>53727164
I'm not your guy, friend
>>
File: hx3ce9.png (1MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
hx3ce9.png
1MB, 1500x1500px
>>53725695
Silesia here. Can't tell you anything about RPG scene here because I'm not playing it but MtG and 40k are pretty alive - they are two mainly played games here. Also some people are playing x-wing and AoS but not as many as the first two games for sure
>>
>>53725695
Polish here. The TTRPG scene is unfortunately in decline here, but you can usually still find someone to play with. Warhammer Fantasy was and still is the king of all RPGs here. From what I know VtM and CoC also used to be quite popular, but now it's hard to find a group for them.
>>
Denmark, South Jutland.
I live far away from any gameshops, but the one time I visited the one closest to me was pretty good.
>>
Minneapolis here. I feel like MN is basically ground zero for tabletop, which I guess makes sense given the Midwestern origin of RPGs. I can get to at least a half dozen FLGSes with simple one or two line bus journeys, and there's more in the burbs. The games I'm hearing about in different groups are all over the place, Ars Magica, Shadowrun, OSR D&D-ish stuff, etc. Finding other people who play is trivial.
>>
>>53726810
From a friend that's in Buenos Aires I've heard Old World of Darkness still has a big scene.
>>
>>53725695
Paris, France. My tabletop circle is pretty decent. I'd say about twenty people. Though we're a bit closed off from what you'd call "the scene", so I don't know about it. But I think you'd have decent chances at finding associations to play, in my country.
I was part of one when I lived in Brittany (western France). 70+ people in it.
Also plenty of original french rpgs. And the larp scene is pretty decent too, from what I know.
>>
>>53725695
Virginia, my city has had a couple game/comic shops pop up recently, mostly MtG or wargaming related. Good number of ttrpg players around but the public groups are either vile or dull and everyone plays with friends. Everyone runs everything but MtG at home or in private groups and buy most of their shit online because brick and mortar prices are obscene and selection is limited.
>>
Born and raised in Seattle, Washington, here. I've heard we've got a good scene here but I can't be bothered to socialize enough to see any of it.
>>
India.
People here love playing chess and everyone here LARPs as a nationalist.
>>
>>53727312
What state?
>>
>>53727287
See, I heard that too. I used to follow a blog that uploaded mostly WoD pdfs and most of the followers were OWoD players and DMs. Dunno how the NWoD/CoD fares right now, the last I time I tried to buy some of the books none of the stores I usually visit had them.
>>
>>53725695
Russia. It's cold out there, and only rare DnD 4e with OCCASIONAL 5e games.
Such life in Russia.
>>
>>53725695

Poland. Team slav stronk.

If you don't know other folks that like /tg/ you are fucked, as most of the people willing to talk about /tg/ related stuff with peple other than good pals are annoying manchildren, or the degenerated stereotype of WW fan. Most of the RPG players I've ever met are in their thirties right now; twenty-somethings are getting big on boardgames.

I've spent some time in Luxembourg as well, and tabletop scene was pretty strong there too.
>>
>>53725695
Commiefornia.
>>
United States, specifically Illinois in the midwest.
>>
>>53727199
I'm not your friend, buddy. Living in Nova Scotia and play AD&D 1e with my parents since my friends are insufferable faggots when we play tabletop. How about you?
>>
>>53727338
As cringy as facebook might be, fb groups really help to find people for /tg/ stuff. There is quite a lot of Polish ones.
>>
>>53725776
ANTWERPEN
>>
>>53727329
Maharashtra. Family is from west bengal
>inb4 bangladeshi refugee.
>>
finland
prlälöläölöäl
Play vtes via lackey, was a big larper like 15 years ago. Mike Pohjola was a regular acquaintance. Haven't played tabletop rpg for the same time. Wonder what the community is like now.
>>
>>53725695
South Africa.
There's a decent MtG scene, at least.
>>
>>53725695
Midwest and pretty large because I live in a college town. Haven't played with any of them yet because I have a regular game with friends already.
>>
File: IMG_0167.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0167.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>53727366
I'm this guy
>>53727153
I've got a solid core of friends who meet once a week to play RPGs who are pretty cool. We mostly work in bars here, so that cuts down on the sperginess.
>>
Britbong

Wouldn't know much about the scene here DESU. I fall out with local groups easily and can't be bothered to deal with them DESU
>>
>>53725695
>Rule Britannia intensifies
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
>>53725695
Amerifat reporting in.
>>
>>53725695
I'm from Mexico. Shitty place overall, but in my state, Jalisco, specifically around Guadalajara we got a good amount of nerd shit. I don't have seen any GW, but i do have seen general game shops where they sell tabletops, mostly Yugioh and pokemon tcg but they still sell AoS and 40K stuff, also pathfinder.
>>
>>53725695
Netherlands
>>
Ca/tg/irl in Sicily. I play over irc. My favorite games are Demon: The Descent and Eclipse Phase.
>>
File: soviet.png (72KB, 500x550px) Image search: [Google]
soviet.png
72KB, 500x550px
>>53725695
Latvia here.
>>
>>53727558
Ahhh, that's good to hear. How's Saskatchewan by the way? I originally lived in Ontario and we moved to Nova Scotia a year ago, and it's awesome, but Saskatchewan was one of the destinations we were thinking of moving to.
>>
>>53725695
Affirkaaner immigrant to manitoba, Canada.
>>
Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Been doing /tg/ shit for years with boy scout camp staff, the fuckin nerds, but since that camp closed I can't find a good irl group. There's a FLGS at a nearby mall and it always seems busy when I go.
>>
File: 1471825358498.jpg (147KB, 1148x746px) Image search: [Google]
1471825358498.jpg
147KB, 1148x746px
>>53725695
Texas.
>>
>>53725695

Another Australian here.
>>
>>53725695
Reporting in from the land down under, specifically regional Victoria. Although my town is on the Princes Highway, so that makes it less regional than, say, Wilson's Promontory.

The scene here is pretty reasonable. There's a group or two, and plenty of the shops in town sell Yu-Gi-Oh! and Magic cards. Of course, said town is a half-hour's drive away from the town I actually live in.

Though God knows why the owners of the local lotto shop and a fucking newsagent decided to stock Warhammer, especially since a proper gaming shop opened a few months ago.
>>
>>53725802
What's wrong with Konohoa?
>>
>>53727080
I live in Colorado too. Where do you live right now? I'm in Lakewood
>>
>>53727080
I love IL, Chicago is great.

I got like 6 FLGS around me and the communities at each are great. The owners are raging assholes but typically they are too focused on being autistic in a corner to interfere with fun.
>>
File: IMG_0041.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0041.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>53727719
I love it here, but I like my space and the open skies. Saskatoon has got pretty much everything you need or want, but the people here can be kind of rednecky sometimes. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing, vis a vis bonfires, but it can kinda get conservative.
>>
>>53725991
Are...are they forcing you to run the dark eye or whatever it was called?
>>
>>53726764
isnt Shadowrun also realy popular aswell?
I got no idea i only play with a group of friends, i did meet a guy who said he runs a Shadowrun campaign based on my home city once tho.

Never met the guy again tho, i bet thatd be fun.
>>
File: Mitt_Romney_at_2012_CPAC.jpg (614KB, 1884x1467px) Image search: [Google]
Mitt_Romney_at_2012_CPAC.jpg
614KB, 1884x1467px
>>53725890
I've never understood this. My father was a rural hardcore mormon and he got me into DnD. He doesnt play but he was looking for something to help me when I was a loner in high school, heard about the game, researched it, saw the satan accusations, and decided the lies were lies.

He keeps pressuring me to write books.

>Son I'm proud you joined the army, but have you written your stuff in a book yet?
>Im glad you married, have you written a book yet?
>Teaching is a good job, and you can write your book in the summers!

I love him. Sorry I derailed my own post.
>>
>>53728123
Gladly not.
Actually one of my players who used to be the DM before getting engaged got in the way of spending much time on beeing a DM wanted to run a DSA campaign with the group due to him feeling shit about not beeing a DM anymore.

He then decided that he doesnt want to run a game where every turn essentialy boils down to calculate the income tax ravenue of a medium sized country, as he liked to put it.

But yeah in general my players grew up on... German fantasy. And by that i dont mean German folklore but stuff like "The Dwarves".

You know, super conservative Tolkienesque fantasy with elves and dwarves and Orcs.
I grew up with Dune and my setting is kind of a mix of Morrowind and Nausicaa and they have trouble adjusting to it.
I actually tried to make it easier for them by having their characters hail from the land of generic fantasy and kind of playing Wizardry light, them slowly discovering more advanced technology and coping with the fact that it boils down to a game of cowboy and indians, only they are the indians.
>>
>>53728144
It's a good advice. Writing develops your intelligence and a lot of useful skills
>>
>>53727356
Fox River Valley or further west?
>>
>>53728144
>researched it
That's why. It's like if all you ever heard growing up is that you should never associate with niggers because they're all shitty people. Then you do research on niggers and find out that it's a minority of their population that is shit.
>>
>>53728129
>>53728129
Hm, I know a few people who play Shadowrun. I guess it may be your go-to game if you're not doing medieval fantasy. But I was serious about not knowing about the real community, so, yeah.
>>
File: Moat 001 (Large).jpg (638KB, 1728x2304px) Image search: [Google]
Moat 001 (Large).jpg
638KB, 1728x2304px
Scotland
>>
>>53728194
and im serious about not knowing it either.
Shadowrun and DSA is kind of the stereotype of german RPG players.
But since i exclusiveley play with my friends who all only recently got into PnP i got no idea at all.
I just met that guy at random at the university who saw us prepping some char sheets.

The game our group played before was called Dungoen Slayers which is a pureley D6 based german RPG with the most generic setting imaginable. Also simplistic mechanics if you are a martial.

But it did the job of making character creation realy fast.
believe it or not thats a huge barrier to entry to many newbs. "wait itll take two hours just to make a character who will then DIE?"

Our old DM did a bit too good a job of hyping the idea that character death is very common.
As a result my players now keep expecting me to kill them at any moment before the campaign has even begun.
>>
>>53727890
Living it up in Fort Collins, about an hour north of you.

>>53728081
I lived about half an hour away from KY. I visited Chicago a couple times and it seemed even worse.
>>
Spain.

The ttrpg scene is really, really underground, but you can find clubs here and there
>>
>>53728190
A ways South from Fox River Valley actually in Peoria: "The Heart of Illinois".
>>
File: 1490508225088.jpg (61KB, 944x670px) Image search: [Google]
1490508225088.jpg
61KB, 944x670px
>>53725802
Indeed
>>
>>53728296
Can you stand the temptation of turning it into a horror campaign, threatening death at every corner yet letting them live every time?

Oh right. As young teenagers, me and my friends tried getting into pen&papers... with Rolemaster. I get the character creation hurdle.
>>
Rhine Germanfag here. Shops here usually only have a small gaming space, but apart from magic, most gaming here is done at home.

Got some groups for RPG & Tabletop, but attendance is thinnig as i move into the fortiish age group.
>>
dat posting speed
i hought everyone forgot bout tablegames and crush into videogames
what drives u into this old games? how did u have known bout them in era of computer games?
i dont understand, this looks pretty weird!
>>
Commifornia reporting.
Plenty of players, mostly fantasy and DnD, but there's a pretty sizeable 40k scene out here. There used to be a Games Workshop in the mall years ago but it's since closed. There's a sick model shop in my hometown that does really good painting, they painted my little Grey Knights team for me and there's a Black Diamond out in one of the wealthier cities.
>>
File: monster-manual.png (520KB, 656x402px) Image search: [Google]
monster-manual.png
520KB, 656x402px
>>53728409
I don't know what type of ESL you are but I'll humor you.

>what drives u into this old games?
Tabletop games are more creative, flexible and social. Video games are some of the most rigid media experiences available. You can create your own unique visualization of a book and a movie only lasts a couple hours at most; in a video game that expectation is that you will execute a predefined series of inputs over the course of 30+ hours. I play vidya too but tabletop allows you to exercise your creativity, and unlike other media are social almost by definition.

>how did u have known bout them in era of computer games?
Dad had pic related when I was a kid and I used to read it before bed.
>>
Brazil, for all I know there's a huge LARP scene where dudes shoot each other at the favelas. For real now, I hang out a bit at a hobby store where people buy Magic cards and there's a lot of RPG books to purchase, so I assume there's some sort of scene scattered around, out of my sight.
>>
>>53728409
They're a lot of fun, as opposed to video games have almost no restriction of what's possible, allow you to truly unleash your creativity and, most important of all, they're a fucking social activity, playing multiplayer video games with friends will never compare to having a TTRPG game night
It's not like they've completely disappeared, you hear about them here and there. Although in my case, it was my parents who got me into them, they were quite active players when they were in uni.
>>
File: aus.jpg (149KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
aus.jpg
149KB, 675x1200px
>>53725705
>Where are you from
Little town in the south of England

> irl tabletop rpg scene like in your neck of the woods?
The games workshop shut down maybe 10 odd years ago.
At the moment it's pretty much comprised of me and 5 friends.
However there's a book shop in chi, maybe 20mins train journey away, that sells pretty much anything you could ask for, and runs mtg nights every month or so.
>>
>>53728409
>>53728544
Also >old
You do realise that new rulebooks and systems come out all the time, right?
>>
>>53728409
Neverwinter Nights got me into D&D. That was my first CRPG and one of the first games I finished. After that I just started to read the 4e PHB's, then I got into Pathfinder and now I'm running 5e.
What drives me to TTRPGs is the amount of interactivity and creativeness that they provide. No videogame can compare.
>>
File: d56.jpg (7KB, 200x177px) Image search: [Google]
d56.jpg
7KB, 200x177px
>>53725695
Sweden and it's shit. Just a bunch of toxic spergs who can't rein in their autism.
>>
m00txico
don't play arpeegees but DnD, WoD, and shadowrun seem popular
I play infinity and MtG, Descent if my faggot friends bring the board
>>
>>53725695
I was always under the impression that only americans were allowed outside of the flag boards
>>
Bulgaria. Used to play some D&D back in highschool. Now im just here for the lore, so no idea.
>>
>>53728409
My friends and I, get together and have fun. It's just like playing cards or somthing.
Video games are limited, you have to buy them and plug them in, and heaven help you if there's more then 4 people.

I don't really see how you could not?
So each weekend we meet up and play board games, one night a friend brought DnD to play, and it grew out of there.
>>
>>53728380
I dont think theyd apreciate it.
It just doesnt realy fit the way our group performs.
I tried getting on some spooky atmosphere before but the bravado of my friends irl doesnt actually allow for it.

They also dont like stuff like atmospheric music etc.
Again its very hard to get them to move on from tolkien copypasta and its an uphill battle.
Already had several people dropping out.

THe paladin dropped out because i explained to him that he cannot be a paladin and also a murderhobo.
I know at the end of the day the game should be about the players having fun. but god damn it i gotta give em SOME rules.

The campaign we played before the one i DMed ended with them burning down the village they were supposed to save and i learned my lesson from that.

>threat

Right now what happened is that they actually lost a fight and i had them be enslaved. Theyll now have to either free themselves or perish.
The good thing is that they actually are worried now.
>>
ManiIa
>>
>>53725695
Michigan, Rochester area.
There aren't many stores, and most people seem to play with their friends, so kinda inactive I'd say.
>>
>>53726810

If you are in Buenos Aires you will find a lot of people, mostly closed groups but search on facebook groups and they Will let you in for sure.
Wargaming wise, there's a few clubs, both in CABA and provincia. Mostly GW Games, although KoW is growing a lot.

I'm from the Northwest of the country so it's a struggle in general (RPGs and boardgames not so much, but wargaming is literally dead), the same situation as our spanishfags friends posted.
>>
Budapest, Hungary.

I'm pretty sure there's an active scene for most stuff, I only played DnD with my mega-normie friends though. It was actually a very pleasant surprise.

I'm buying my first space marines soon. There's an LGS in town and according to their site they don't have jack in stock, so you'll have to wait 1-2 weeks for everything besides the 3-man marine box. I'd like to play sometime but I used to be a depressed cringey loser who grew out of the social retardation in college and I'm now overly reluctant to associate myself with anything that would remind me of those times. I don't know what to expect from the local 40k community. Which doesn't seem so small, which is weird considering how poor people here tend to be.
>>
>>53728877
>hungarian
>Space marines
>Not YourDudes Husar Rough Riders

missed opportunity hungarybro
>>
>>53728409
>old games
New ones come out all that time. Also, between print and digital media, you can play pretty much any RPG in human history for all of eternity. All you need is the rules and some dice.

>why
They're fun and let me interact with real people.

>how?
Friend introduced me after I told him I was interested in playing. Been playing with the same group more or less for the last 10 years (roughly).
>>
>>53725695
>>
Brazil, Brasilia

I tried playing rpg with my friends but the last session was months ago. I play with a bunch of europeans once per week now on d20
>>
>>53725695
Broadcasting from cyberpunk dystopia of the US. I live in San Francisco, so there's a pretty OK scene here because of the influx of techies. I'm lucky cause almost all my friends do a game.
>>
>>53725695
Chile, Santiago.

TCG are bigger than ever and tabletops are very popular nowdays. 10-15 years ago there were a few stores in the city focused on MTG and a couple of games, I realise the scene was popular when it started appearing on the news and even making public spaces just to play tabletops.

As for MTG (dependending on the store) FNM, Commander Leagues and overall tournaments have a steady playerbase who always go.

Another change is that there are far more gurls playing nerd games.
>>
>>53725695
Sweden

>inb4 cuck
>>
Alabama. Pretty good scene where I am, actually, but then I have a good friend group, not much ThatGuyism.
>>
>>53725709
>Syria
How do you subhumans even connect to the internet to post?
>>
File: Czechia.jpg (45KB, 478x485px) Image search: [Google]
Czechia.jpg
45KB, 478x485px
>>
>>53726813
Your streets are filling up with jihadis, you stupid fuck. But other guy was wrong, it's not New Afghanistan... it's New Londo-Pakistan.
>>
>>53727153
At least it's not Moose Jaw, in the Forgotten Realms.
>>
Denmark. Tabletop scene is horrible. At most people play mtg, but there is at least a lot of people who dress up and beat the shit out of each other with plastic swords in the nearby forests.

>>53729146
Selv ikke på /tg/ er man i fred fra den svenske djævel.
>>
>>53729005
Oh, so you're from Germany too?
>>
>>53725695
Burger here, specifically southern PA. Scene's pretty good from what I've seen but I only moved down here last year from upstate NY where there was literally nothing outside of MTG clubs at the community college. I've got at least 3 LGSs I go to for various things since no one store seems to have everything I need at once. I frequent one the most because the staff is great, it has the most varied community and it's got the best pricing. That 20% discount on GW products is a fucking lifesaver.
>>
>>53725695
Crabla- er, Maryland, USA. I mostly play online or with some old friends I met in high school, and I don't have an LGS.

Really wish being interested in fantasy didn't come with that "Oreo" label but what can you do?
>>
middle-ish germany.
Don't know much about the local scene. The only thing I know relatively many people play is MTG. Me and my friends play usually whatever I hype up to them.

>>53728409
Got into it by a friend having bought the 4e starter set. Not knowing what I did back then we switched to 3.5. Never really even played a game of that. After that it came to 13th age, went neat, played a few games. But we don't really have a consistent player base. Last time I met with the guy who initially got me into P&P we played around with Riddle of Steel. I'd love to play more of it.
And why I enjoy it? Like another anon said, it offers freedom(tm) that no vidya can match.
>>
Denmark, >>53729307 is right, mostly MTG and LARP innawoods.
>>
>>53725695
Uruguay
Here maybe a lot of people are into tg but no market to afford that.
In the biggest city we have at most 2 places to play MTG. Most people just bougth games in the US and bring them here to play with some friends. Also some roll groups
>>
File: 39b.gif (3MB, 505x300px) Image search: [Google]
39b.gif
3MB, 505x300px
>>53728409
With traditional games you can make your own story. In any RPG video game, no matter how well-crafted, you're still ultimately playing through a story that someone else has made and your interactions can only change so much. Traditional games give you a lot more freedom of choice in that regard because you can change anything on the fly, including the rules of the game itself if you need to. The grand majority of people will never make their own video game for example, but anyone can make a campaign in D&D or GURPS or whatever, and a lot of famous fantasy authors these days have written entire book series about their campaigns, Dragonlance for example. Even in established settings you can still forge your own story the way a lot of people on /tg/ do with homebrewed armies in 40k.

Ultimately it's that freedom of choice and that support of the imagination that gets a lot of people into traditional games. Pic not related.
>>
>>53725695
France here.

In every city I lived I could find rpg club relatively easily. Roll20 is not bad, you can find games, and that's how I found my regular group (3 years of gaming with them for now)

It's better to be bilingual if you want to play tho, a lot of good RPG aren't translated, but fortunately we have a lot of good french RPG.

The hobby is not well known at all. Recently, because of some big youtube channel, it's a bit more known among the 20 something.
>>
>>53725695
Brazilian anon.

To WH40K players, consider this: would you buy it if it was three times as expensive as it is? Because that's the kind of price it gets here.
>>
>>53729538
Jesus Christ. I quit because of the expense, and I'm a burger. You must have some dedication.
>>
File: 1437701917156.png (169KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
1437701917156.png
169KB, 500x379px
Tbilisi, Georgia.
Local scene simply doesn't exist.
Oh well, at least there's always online, right?
>>
>>53728409
I was in a theater club when I was younger, so I already liked impersonating someone I wasn't. I'm also a big reader and writer, and I love a good story and crafting one with my players or the GM.
There is a lot of freedom in the game, you can do whatever you want, tell the story you want, play the character you want in the setting you want. You don't find this in any other entertainement. And the way the event turns is always surprising, at least with my group, because real people are deciding things on the fly, there is no predictability or foreshadowing, even the GM can go full impro and surprise you at every turn.
And yeah, it's nice to have good fun with people you like.

It kind of dropped on me. My first flat was a big one, we were three and we needed two more roomates. We found two friends who were both DM. They introduced us to the hobby and we liked it a lot.
>>
Ottawa, Canada.

D&D 5e is getting more and more popular with younger players and their parents (most of which are returning to the scene now that their kids are old enough).
Pathfinder is still popular-ish, it defiantly isn’t growing as fast as D&D though.

Board games are massive, not as big as in Montreal, but almost everybody is into them.

There are even a few LARP groups that I mean to check out.
>>
>>53729538
Props on you for the dedication to get into the hobby with that kinda markup.
>>
>>53729566
>>53729813
I haven't made myself clear: I can't afford it at all. I would have to personally import it for starters.

My hope would be chinese knock-offs.
>>
>>53729837
Plus I would have to cross borders to find someone to play with.
>>
>>53729174
>Asad lurks /tg/
>>
>>53729906
war is, after all, one of the most traditional of games.
>>
File: Sarajevsko pivo.jpg (115KB, 550x572px) Image search: [Google]
Sarajevsko pivo.jpg
115KB, 550x572px
>>53725695
I'm from Bosnia and Hercegovina.
>>
>>53725695
I'm from Mormon-land.
>>
File: john_blanche_warhammer_010.jpg (63KB, 523x640px) Image search: [Google]
john_blanche_warhammer_010.jpg
63KB, 523x640px
From the Goldie in Australia.

I mostly play 40k due to relapsing. I have gone pretty deep in to it (~5000 points of one army that I play with most weeks, three different other armies not even assembled). I felt compelled to get the army I wanted when I was younger, poorer and GW was not publicly traded.

There is a good FLGS nearby, with mostly all games covered. Also a university just down the road with a rather large gaming group.

There's a good DnD group I am friends with.

All in all, I feel I am very fortunate to be able to get a game when I would like to play.
>>
>>53725695
U.S., all over the place. Grew up equal parts in Southern California and Georgia below the fall line (that matters). Now I live in Texas because my military career deposited me in San Antonio and it's a good place to build out of.

San Antonio's table top is all over the place, with tons of great stores and helpful, friendly people from across a cornucopia of male, female, race/ethnicity, player experience and attitude.

The unfortunate reality, though, is that you've got a lot of retired military guys (it being Military City, USA), which you figure would be really cool, but they are all former officers who are living out their never-was-could-have-been years of commanding armies on the table top. I know, it still sounds cool, until you realize these people spent 20+ years legitimately believing they were superior human beings to the people they ordered around, and then think they can treat you like that despite the fact you're a civilian and was never in the military or that you're both out of the military and have been for years. They aren't really interested in the games beyond using them as ego-fuel for the torches they carry of the battles they never got to command, and they act like complete douches for it.

For instance, the X-Wing scene is dominated by these assholes, and they require you to ante up ships and cards to play in the tournaments to seize control of. One guy actually suggested that, in order for me to play on "his" table, I'd have to go buy a ship he wanted since nothing I had interested him.

Aside from those guys and the handful of That Guys™ that lurk around, it's not too bad. Lots of stores, plenty of variety. The singular Games Workshop store in the city is operated by a full-blown sperge whose total love of all things Warhammer makes him 1) a very good salesman 2) incredibly helpful if you want to learn anything about it and 3) impossible to dislike. I actually feel bad for calling him a sperge, despite it being kind of true.
>>
Slovenia here. There is like one garming shop in the whole country and it focuses mostly on magic. My GM is the only person who I know has played before. You can't even buy fucking dice or books in the local shop if you don't order them, better of buying online desu.
>>
>>53730330
Focuses on Magic*
Has played DnD before*

There is a boardgame scene though, a few boardgame nights every month.
>>
>>53727645
Dr. Doom?
>>
Brazil, Porto Alegre

As other have said, boardgames and MTG are popular here. I play D&D 5e and some boardgames with friends every other weekend
>>
i'm from israel. i'm just here for the chess general.
>>
Leaf here from Red Deer AB
I know there are people who play here but all our FLGS are so spread out or run by basement dave that's hard to get a community going.
>>
File: Photo 5-15-17, 14 25 32.jpg (26KB, 434x338px) Image search: [Google]
Photo 5-15-17, 14 25 32.jpg
26KB, 434x338px
Southamerican texas flag country

I'm too much of an autist to go meet people and play pathfinder, probably the most played system around here. I inducted my friends and went to the depths of hell to find the 5e manual translated to spanish.
>>
>>53729269
Nobody talks about Regina
>>
File: 2005_11_08_IfYouSeeposter.jpg (30KB, 218x320px) Image search: [Google]
2005_11_08_IfYouSeeposter.jpg
30KB, 218x320px
Fuckin' Leaf here, in the leafin' leafest leaf-town you'll ever see: Toronto.

Fight me: I'll apologize.

Board games are huge here, D&D5 is big, we have plenty of stores but they're being forced from downtown into the suburbs because of skyrocketing rents, half the gamers seem to be gay and all our games have safe-words because we are gigantic pussies.
>>
File: 854x480-z7A.jpg (144KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
854x480-z7A.jpg
144KB, 854x480px
>>53729536
>because of some big youtube channel
>>
Canada, Toronto

The gaming community here is quite odd. Card games are super popular as far as "nerds" go. Magic has always had a strong presence. Board games are getting super popular thanks to hipsters. Catan has never been bigger. So most FLGS are doing well, thanks to the influx of Board games being bought up which is good. Tabletops like DnD are still fairly underground, not hugely popular which can make find splats and core rules of anything that isnt DnD a bit hard to come by.
>>
>>53725695
Norway, Trondheim.

Tabletop scene is alright, I guess. Relatively easy to find people to play RPGs with. D&D and variations thereof seem to be dominating, but I've mostly been playing GURPS and other stuff. The store nearest me carries mostly D&D, but also a fair deal of Star Wars and Shadowrun stuff, so I'd guess people also play those.

Boardgames are also relatively prevalent, but I think the wargaming scene is small. The biggest presence seems to be X-Wing, but I don't really know that side of the community well.

People have told me MTG is getting "big", but I personally haven't encountered it.
>>
>>53730628
The suburbs are mostly a wasteland where gamers have kids and only game in tiny little cliques with no interaction with other gamers at all. No RPG stores in Mississauga, for example, and Oakville was dead when I was there.

It's really the universities that support the most gaming, around UofT, Ryerson and York U.
>>
>>53729629
I'm initially not sure whether you mean the country or the state, but I'm leaning towards the country from the town's name.
>american education
>>
>>53725695
Dead center of 'Murica. St Louis, MO, Land of Rioting Dindus and 15th most dangerous city in world. Hopefully we'll move up into the top 10 next year.
>>
File: 1494796529292.jpg (13KB, 300x162px) Image search: [Google]
1494796529292.jpg
13KB, 300x162px
>>53725695
Canada 403 here.
I manage a boardgame shop and the community here is huge for D&D and (ugh)Star Wars: Force and Destiny.
>>
>>53726052
Pacific Missouri
>>
File: Norsk-flagg_imagefull.jpg (52KB, 770x1167px) Image search: [Google]
Norsk-flagg_imagefull.jpg
52KB, 770x1167px
>>53725695
Representin'

We've got D&D and methodwankers.
If you look behind the right rocks, you might find other games - CoC, Fate, Warhammer and Mutant seems to have a following, along with a few local games
>>
>>53730856
Never heard of BBEGStar before, could you elaborate?
... oh, there's another line. Sorry.
>>
>>53731038
What is BBEGStar?
>>
>>53727584
Another mexican here, I'm from Nuevo Leon though. Yugioh and MtG rule supreme over here. I don't play either though, I prefer rpgs.
>>
File: 2000px-DEU_Alt-Bochum_COA.svg[1].png (301KB, 2000x3188px) Image search: [Google]
2000px-DEU_Alt-Bochum_COA.svg[1].png
301KB, 2000x3188px
>>53725695
Bochum, north-western Germany here.

It's actually pretty thick with nerds around here. There are multiple game clubs in the nearest cities. There is an actual fantasy Tavern in town, where you can basically meet neckbeards of all flavours on any day on the week.

The whole situation is also improved by the presence of serveral universities in the Rhine-Ruhr-Area, being the hives of villany that they are, there is a steady supply of new blood to the local hubs of nerdism.

All in all, it's really damn good. Hobby-wise, i've never regretted moving here, and while my 40k club died around five years back, Kill Team and the rise of the 8th has had a very positive effect here, so i've been able to found a new tabletop club back in january and have been playing tt every week since then. There are also a lot of other tabletops around, mostly that Star Wars game, Warmahordes and Infinity.

Regarding rpgs, there is a ton. As other german Anons have already mentioned, Germany is pretty big on Das Schwarze Auge and WoD, but Pathfinder and Shadowrun are also quite common. And, of course, there are dozends of smaller games that have players around here. Personally i manage three different parties on a bi-weekly basis. Two of them in Splittermond and another one in CofD.
>>
>>53725695
>>53728877
Another hungarian reports in. There is a pretty active scene for every game in the capital, but the rural areas are literal wastelands in terms of /tg/ guys
>>
>>53725736
Where in IL?
>>
File: czechpepe.png (50KB, 327x367px) Image search: [Google]
czechpepe.png
50KB, 327x367px
Czech Republic.

I mostly play with people on the internet, though, there aren't really people in here both mechanically aware of systems and socially capable of not being huge faggots in a role-playing game.

Attempts were made, but pretty much every given person in here claims to know what they are doing, and then get surprised by basic shit. It's too much hassle to bring each group of new people up to speed mechanically, socially, and ideologically every single time before their schedules fall apart.
>>
>>53727607
M I T O G I O
I
T
O
G
I
O
>>
>>53725802
>Leaf
Present.
>>
I'm from Poland, the fandom here is terrible, because RPGs began here in the 90's and no one knows what is old school D&D or Runequest. They think that storytelling is the true role-playing and that D&D is hack and slash crap.
However in recent years there is strong retro current that promotes 70' and 80's style of play.
>>
I'm from Scotland. Couple of game shops and comic shops in my city, but I don't spend much time in them.

I started off playing WFRP and GW specialist games when I was young, and there definitely has been a trend of cooler, younger people being more willing to get into TTRPGs and geek interests over the past 5 years or so which I think is neat. Unlike others seem to I've rarely encountered that these are "fake" fans, probably one of my fave D&D sessions ever was with entirely new players.
>>
>>53731423
Also in Poland Warhammer is kind of national religion, and what's worse it isn't just normal Warhammer, but pathological version called "Autumn tale" where heroes are bound to die from hunger or disease. Some say that our national emblem should be replaced with logo of Warhammer.
>>
>>53731423
What do you mean by storytelling ?
>>
>>53731666
He probably means free-form roleplaying, Satan.

No rulebook, no dice, all describing your actions as if you were playing play-by-post with a bunch of furries, but irl, so far more embarassing.
>>
>>53729121
Where in Santiago, precisely?
>>
>>53731666
>>53731689
I mean playing with minimal dice rolling and stressing athmosphere. Preferably old World of Darkness.
>>
>>53725695
Pensacola, Florida, United States

We have three FLGS in town, only one of which is good in my opinion. TTG, RPGs, Cards, etc. are all there. Even has an in-store 20% discount for Warhammer 40k.

Fairly strong at-home-D&D scenes outside of the stores.
>>
Central Florida, there's jack-shit here in Hillbilly Hell. I've heard there's more going on in south Florida, though.
>>
>>53725695
Düsseldorf, Germany
Pretty good. Former GW EU HQ was here until they cut costs, plenty of people still playing.
RPG wise also well
>>
>>53726703
Anon from Toulouse reporting.
The number of gaming shops is surprisingly high, that's pretty cool.
>>
>>53730622
>Non-French anons will never know how good this channel is
>>
Brazil, Paraná
>>
>>53731701
Devir, Stronghold, MagicSur, Magic4Ever, PortalMagic, La Forja, Providencia in general. Josefa Errazuri opened a toy library also.
>>
>>53726398
Maybe he had a pass.
>>
>>53731701
Also the store in Paseo las Palmas owned by the "Tía", I can't recall the store's name.
>>
Northern California, go to school in Boston. There's one FLGS in California that's great, cool stuff almost every day. In Boston a Warhammer store opened near my dorm, haven't been a ton but seems cool.
>>
File: 1481657547215.jpg (180KB, 780x481px) Image search: [Google]
1481657547215.jpg
180KB, 780x481px
>>53732144
>every single one has shitty overpriced dice
>>
>>53725695
Italy here.
There is NOTHING.
Where I live, there is not one store, not one person interested in anything /tg/ related. Not even vidya. The only thing they play is FIFA or some flavour of the month thing on phones.
>>
>>53725695
>Sweden
The rp scene is pretty good here, in my city we have a games workshop and another game shop and there is a bunch of people playing shit
>>
File: national exports to finland.png (281KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
national exports to finland.png
281KB, 800x450px
estonia :D:D:DDD

i know theres a bunch of autists that play magic here but i just play shit online
>>
>>53725695
Poland here
>>
>>53732261
Oh of course! I never said they had fair prices or good client service Fuck you MagicSur.

Most of the owners see new players as stupid kids and don't even bother trying to teach basic rules for X game. It's almost like their souls left their bodies long time ago.
>>
>>53730700
It's the country. Thankfully, there's only one Tbilisi in this world.
>>
File: world iq map.jpg (95KB, 1024x678px) Image search: [Google]
world iq map.jpg
95KB, 1024x678px
Is interest in RPGs and games correlated with IQ?

Seems like the more high-IQ countries have more gaming in general.
>>
>>53732285
Italy is the Japan of Europe.
>>
>>53732595
>city-state of Vatican
>IQ: N/A
figures
>>
Taiwan here
Magic and Yugioh is everywhere
Boardgaming (party game and euro-style game) just become the mainstream hobby for young man
RPG and Wargame are unicorns
hard to find someone willing to play DND
While I am very lucky to have a group of dude to play with
Any other Asian here?
>>
>>53732595
>This map was brought you by the Amazingly Popular, Democratic And Superior Country Of China
>>
>>53732622
>>53732595
This was a friendly thread
>>
>>53725695
Burger, grew up in a military family, so I've moved around from state to state. Currently residing in Texas.

Theres actually quite a lot of lgs here where I live (3 or 5 I think), though its a tad inconvenient for me since I live 45 minutes out of town in the middle of the prairie on a ranch with shit internet. Still, the options are there, I've just been more focused on Uni to take the time and apply for games there. Though recently I found out about a group from a friend that's nearby, so I'm going to see if I can get started with them next Saturday

>>53728144
Mormons should not be counted when talking about hardcore US Christian Fundementalists, they're already weird due to being non-Nicene compliant, and they tend to have a higher tolerance level for anything that is drugs, sex, and drink due to their constant pressure of "free agency" or whatever.

Plus add the fact that most Fundis hate them, and there is very little synergy going on between them
>>
>>53728409
Have lots of ideas and creativity, but I suck at writing
>>
>>53727820
>Texas
L U B B O C K ?
U
B
B
O
C
K
?
>>
>>53725695
Spain
>>
>>53725802
French leaf apologist, reporting for bullying!
>>53725695
Canada, Quebec
My group plays DnD 5e and Dark Heresy.
Local Game Pub used to host DnD nights, but I never went as I don't feel the need to meet new people that do ttrpg.
>>
>>53726524
Never mind >>53726548, just realized Sandbox is a LGS. Damn, might pop my head down there sometime.
>>
>>53725900
>>53725965
>>53727037

North Jersey is true Jersey. Grew up in a rural town in SJ, there was literally nothing for 15 miles.
Living in Minneapolis now, so much better. Convenient as hell living so close to Fantasy Flight.
>>
File: images (13).jpg (33KB, 307x479px) Image search: [Google]
images (13).jpg
33KB, 307x479px
>>5372900
One more from Turkey, reporting in.
>>
>>53732017
Well, I don't watch other channel that do RPG so I wouldn't know how they compare on that. But I'm playing with their "system" and having fun so I won't complain.
>>
>>53725695
Another bong here; haven't played since I moved to London because I don't know anyone here into tabletop and gaming with strangers inevitably means gaming with people who have to game with strangers. Better to shelve it.
>>
>>53728358
My condolences
>>
>>53728144
>tfw the explanation for why all the SF writers are Mormons appears in a random /tg/ post
>>
>>53733058
Probably the better idea. You can get started again once you meet enough people who'd be into it.
>>
>>53725695
I live by Chicago and shit's popping. Moved up from a small town and was surprised by the number of game stores in the area. D&D, Warhams, and Magic look like the most popular real life stuff around where I live.
>>
File: 1494408855581m.jpg (80KB, 1024x858px) Image search: [Google]
1494408855581m.jpg
80KB, 1024x858px
French
Im lucky that there is a good lgs on Lyon and à fairly Big gaming communities there otherwise I wouldnt have gotten Into it
>>
Italy
>>
>>53725695
From Prague,(1/2 CZ, 1/2 US) currently live in the Netherlands.
>>
>>53733263
There's a GW and that's all I know about, except for this one place that is perpetually closed.
>>
>>53725760
Oiyeahnahfuckoffcunt!
>>
>>53726501
I'm not your bud, chummer.
>>
Austria, small village in Tyrol to be exact
since I am going to university, I found out that there is actually a pretty decent tabletop and PnP RPG community (at least in Innsbruck)
I am just too shy to ask
>>
>>53729307
>Selv ikke på /tg/ er man i fred fra den svenske djævel.
Ni kommer ALDRIG undan, potatisjävlar!

Sitt ner och håll käft nu så ska jag förklara i tre timmar varför era skillnader mot oss innebär att ni är hopplöst moraliskt underlägsna grobianer.
>>
Brazil
As others have said, MTG and board games are very popular here. Miniature gaming is pretty much unheard of.
>>
>>53732671
Or Japan, Korea, Taiwan, and Singapore.
Hell, even Italy is up there.

It's not their fault that burger kids are too busy fucking with fidget spinners, vapes, and ""hoverboards"" to learn.
>>
>>53733285
>except for this one place that is perpetually closed
They are all secretly playing in the cave without you anon! If only you knew the secret password...
>>
>>53725802
Leaf, reporting in sir
>>
>>53725802

You're a leaf just baiting fellow leaf-replies, aren't you?

who else /nationalcapital/ here?
>>
>>53726999
>>53731766
>>53731801

Miami here. What's up?
>>
>>53725695
Georgia, USA. Tons of geeks, rednecks, and redneck geeks. D&D scene here is booming, and tons of conventions happen down here.
>>
>>53725695
Nigga from LA. No, not Louisiana.
>>
>>53725695
British.

I live in a big city so the RPG scene is pretty good. There seems have actually been a huge upsurge in people interested in TTRPGs recently too.
>>
>>53725695
Israel
>>
Tennessee.
Please send help, too many churches, not enough FLGSs
I dare not even speak of what I do. Too many churches.
Too many churches.
>>
>>53732698
>tend to have a higher tolerance level for anything that is drugs, sex, and drink due to their constant pressure of "free agency" or whatever

that is the exact opposite of almost every encounter i have had with them

>Mormons should not be counted when talking about hardcore US Christian Fundementalists, they're already weird due to being non-Nicene compliant

they have their equivalent
>>
I live in Mexico. I want to get started on tabletops, but the closest thing to a scene that I know of is my middleschool english teacher and his friends who only play mtg. Would anyone know of a place where I could play in Hidalgo?
>>
>>53733940
unsurprisingly you can make money of TTRPGS there
>>
>>53734344
As in make money off DMing
>>
>>53725695
poland, silesian region
around my parts it appears people play mostly DnD, although I keep hearing there is some warhammer scene out there, not that I seen it.
I only ever had chance to play system that wasn't DnD it was cyberpunk 2020 and that fell apart after two meetings.
I don't know if I can't meet people to play with because I don't put myself out there sufficiently or the scene is dead - I'm led to believe there isn't many players because during my years at school and the university I met maybe two people that had expressed interest in playing pen and paper games.
Even on roll20 polish speaking group has really low head count.

where are you at guys?
>>
>>53725695
North Carolina reporting.
>>
File: arizona-flag.jpg (1MB, 1300x1600px) Image search: [Google]
arizona-flag.jpg
1MB, 1300x1600px
>>53725695
>>
>>53728470
to tell the truth, im tired with popular multiplayer-online computer games
and u guys like an another world for me. total mystery. but somehow i found it attractive. maybe i should try to replace one drug by another
>>53728623
no, as i said, i dont know much about u.
>>53728544
>>53728628
>>53728753
>>53728939
>>53729429
>>53729534
>>53729705
>>53732721
i see. thanks
>>
File: NC flag.png (4KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
NC flag.png
4KB, 275x183px
Greensboro reporting in. Quiet as fuck, but thats just how I like it. play on roll20.
>>
Tijuana, México
D&D and vampire seem really popular here.
>>
>>53725695
Uruguay
Im as rare as a virgin...a female one
>>
>>53730200
>There is a good FLGS nearby, with mostly all games covered.
Good Games down in Southport? They're good for card-
and boardgames, but pretty shit for RPGs. I've ended up doing all my shit in Brisbane since I have to go there regularly anyway.
>>
>>53725695
Purebred 'strayan cunt reporting in.
>>
>>53734590

Greater Poland region, m8.

Chociaż dorastałem na Ślunsku i planuję tam powrócić.
>>
File: img023.jpg (713KB, 1032x1391px) Image search: [Google]
img023.jpg
713KB, 1032x1391px
Italian masterrace reporting in.

The rpg scene is still underground, but at least the majority has stopped bullying you for "using the internet to chat with people", or for "playing videogames" since everyone and their sisters are playing on their cellphones, and for "liking superheroes movies" since it's an industry made of gold.

Moreover, the vast majority of the rpg scene is either still on d&d/pathfinder or belongs to a noisy share of forgite wannabes behaving like hipsters on their periods, berating you for not playing some kind of obscure niche roleplay game by Baker or Edwards.

TL;DR: I still have more than one reason to withhold the fact that I am a respected member of society AND play rpgs.
>>
>>53726452
>>53726811
kandiyohi county

>>53728144
because the local farmers are being more games of throney than the game of thrones
>>
>>53735088
>Italy is so backwards that they still have Forgefags
Christ, what a nightmare. I can't imagine still having to live with those bleating fucks.
>>
>>53734998
I guess as an expansion, I live in South Australia.
Card games are the easiest, very easy to find some mtg anywhere you go. Theres some weekly Netrunner casual tournemants in the city. Even stuff like weiss schwarz gets occasional play in certain stores. Yugioh is almost universally despised, i've had several flg store owners talk to me about how they hate the playerbase.

40k and AoS pretty much only lives in GW stores, from my experience the communities in them are small but tightly knit. Any other wargame is non existent other than X-Wing.

Tabletop rpg's are pretty dead if your not a hispter playing 5E or Pathfinder.
You can get a game of either at a flg fortnightly league or something similar, anything else requires a personal friend group.

Salty about the last one because im a huge shadowrun fan and I had a group of five to play it with but two got burned out and one left the state for about a month.
>>
>>53730452
> Dr. Doom?
Not the one you are thinking about.
>>
>>53730694
Another Trondheimer here.

Mtg in trondheim. 2 drafts nights per week. Weekly standard. Monthly legacy. Organized through facebook or ask at the lgs. FNM drafts is a good place to find casual or edh groups.

The lgs sells rpgs, but I've been playing with my group for years so I have no idea about the "scene". Boardgames are pretty mainstream, miniatures are for hardcore nerds.
>>
File: 1489995426447m.jpg (128KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1489995426447m.jpg
128KB, 1024x768px
Alaska, Freedomland reporting in. There's a small shop here in town and I've been gaming with the same core group for coming up on 12 years now.
>>
New Orleans metro. For having baton Rouge and hammond bring huge college towns good luck finding anything but 40k and DnD.
Guess people are more interested in the party culture around here.
>>
>>53725695
I'm from Southern California in the big state of United States

I wouldn't say there's much of a tabletop scene here. Or at the very least, not one I know of. I can only think of maybe three people that play ttrpgs besides myself in my area
>>
File: gm looking for players.jpg (37KB, 468x311px) Image search: [Google]
gm looking for players.jpg
37KB, 468x311px
Southern California. I wouldn't know if there is much of a ttrpg scene since I'm not really interested in playing with strangers that are not at least friends of friends. I used to have a pretty good group but everyone has moved away or are more in 40K now.
I keep trying to get my other friends to play but it's like herding cats, dude.
>>
>>53732595
Iq by countries correlates a lot with famines. Lack of proteins during childhood affects brain's development. Whole generations in a country can have an iq under average because of this
>>
>>53734590
We all immigrated to the Anglosphere.

Bardzo przyjemnie tutaj.
>>
>>53735936
Check out the documentary "In Utero." Besides undernourishment being a factor, stressed out mothers produce hormones that fuck up the development of the brain.
Whether the trauma comes from financial stress, lack of security or because of a straight up war going on, the children of stressed out mothers are going to suffer from more kind of mental illness, including anxiety, ADD, etc.
>>
Scot here, absolutely no kind of GW or hobby shop here, me and my mates are the only kind of scene here - have to get my shit from a city a 30 minute train ride away, which still barely has any big shops
>>
File: 1458768959663.png (3KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
1458768959663.png
3KB, 493x402px
>thread is on autosage

Fun thread.
>>
File: 1265483883995.jpg (164KB, 1023x597px) Image search: [Google]
1265483883995.jpg
164KB, 1023x597px
>>53725890
>>53726811
>>53726452
Minnebros Nice

Not sure if this is fully a /tg/ thing but hell with it.

IT'S DUCK DUCK GREY DUCK DAMMIT
>>
>>53736515
what am I looking at?
>>
>>53735242
it's more likely people that discovered the knowledge and use it to snob people, since they haven't much else to feel superior to anyone else.
>>
>>53733041
Ok, I'm trying another channel filming their RPG session and... well I have much more appreciation for JdG and aventures.
>>
>>53730700
>american education
Speak for yourself buddy. I paid attention in my Murican education so I know where Tbilisi is.

But mostly I just played hundreds of hours of Medieval II Total War
>>
>>53727307
Wow things are drier than I thought. I'm the only Pacific Northwester in the thread, fuck.
>>
>>53726403
wheres that anon, been looking for a good store in nyc for a while now.
>>
File: 1477945604425.jpg (233KB, 850x1202px) Image search: [Google]
1477945604425.jpg
233KB, 850x1202px
>>53725695
From Texas, the scene seems decent here although I only just recently got into it when I started uni, we have a uni club that's decent sized and it's not too hard to find a game through various uni pages if you can't/don't want to attend the club for whatever reason. There's also quite a few comic and hobby shops around here that do tabletop evenings though most of them do more magic than rpgs.
>>
>>53725695
-Serbia
-Literally nonexistent. The closest thing to a gaming community in the ex-Yugoslav isn't even IN the ex-Yugoslav, it's a group of students in America who keep trying to bring back their shitty GURPS to our country. The few people who actually game here play Das Schwerez Aug, which is German but at least it's actually good.

>>53729174
How does ISIS keep producing high-def execution videos? Same answer. The CIA helps them.
>>
>>53737572
That's because they're all at RPG.net with the other faggots. I'm from North Cali though.
>>
>>53725836
The best campaign of my life was run by the one black POG in the quartermaster's gang. I have never met a more perpetually bored person in my life. Was that you?

>What'd you do today Mike?
>I wasted six million taxpayer dollars and listened to Alex Jones talk about gay frogs.
>Shadowrun tonight?
>God please yes
>>
>>53725695
One from Lithuania here
>>
Queensland, Australia.

At least in my area (Brisbane North) there is a surprisingly active scene for wargaming. There is a decent number of FLGS and the local club that I'm aware of (Queensland Northern Knights) seems to have a robust membership. I've been there on tournament and event days and they can get 20+ Wargamers pretty easily just from the local area.

RPGs seem thin on the ground though,
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.