[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ Fifth Edition General:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 409
Thread images: 32

File: 1492378657023.jpg (102KB, 636x900px) Image search: [Google]
1492378657023.jpg
102KB, 636x900px
Unearthed Arcana: Revised Class Options 2:

http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/June5UA_RevisedClassOptv1.pdf

>Feedback Questionnaires:
http://sgiz.mobi/s3/dbadf27c707b

>5etools:
https://astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
https://mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Resources Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previously, on /5eg/:
>>53714804

What Oath do you like the best and why?
>>
File: travelmodifiers.png (31KB, 828x341px) Image search: [Google]
travelmodifiers.png
31KB, 828x341px
Running a wild west-inspired game with hexcrawl and mid-travel encounters. My players don't like casters being able to dump level 3+ spells every round on some shitty goblins if long rests are common, so we're homebrewing a system that restores more or less resources (HP, HD, SP, spell slots, PP) when you're roughing it.

I need like 2-4 more modifiers, particularly some negative ones.
What are some of the dangers of travel in ye olde fantasy west or camping outdoors in general, and how can that be mitigated?
>>
File: PZO9264-AldoriSwordlord.jpg (142KB, 757x1000px) Image search: [Google]
PZO9264-AldoriSwordlord.jpg
142KB, 757x1000px
>human variant kensai monk
>blade mastery feat
>ran away from her monastery to join the circus
>became a knife thrower/ blade juggler/sword swallower

Decent or god awful back story?
>>
>>53718524
I like a modified Conquest Oath, where it's more like "I will crush an enemy with overwhelming force then leave," as opposed to "I will crush an enemy with overwhelming force then keep going until there is nothing left where he lived."

Also the /tg/ Oath of Capitalism.
>>
>>53718724
Why did they run away from a bitchin' monastery?
>>
>>53718780
"No throwing/juggling/swallowing swords in the monastery" - the abbott
>>
>>53718780
>>53718801
This pretty much
>>
>>53718524
>What Oath do you like the best and why?
Ancients. >>15396072
>>
>>53718724
I would allow it, but the monastery bit seems a bit thematically weird. I would personally play it up as a super orthodox, strict monastery of a religion that used swordsmanship for ritual purposes, therefore them getting mad that a monk wanted to join the circus
>>
>>53718835
>monks
>getting mad
Do you even polish the still waters, Anon?
>>
How the fuck do I make a cave more interesting?

Like I've got the 'important' areas down, but how do I fluff a cave so it's not and you're walking down a tunnel and you're walking down a tunnel and you're walking and you're walking and you're walking and a dragon pops out
>>
>>53718835
That was pretty much what I had envisioned. Do you know any FR gods that'd work well for that?
>>
>Running Curse of Strahd
>Players grew extremely attached to Piccolo the monkey that Rictavio gave to the toy shop owner
>They gave the monkey several gold coins for no reason

I decided that Victor, the burgomaster's son is going to accidentally summon a demon while trying to get his teleportation circle to work; Specifically, a greed demon, which is going to indoctrinate the monkey, now awakened to the glory of money.

My question is, what demon/devil statblock should it use? And any ideas for names?
>>
>>53718852
>monks
>not being hot-blooded shounen protagonists

Does your hand even glow with an awesome power?
>>
>>53718909
It may not be exactly what you mention, but the demon summoning UA had a spell to summon a Vrock, which needed a valuable gem to make the charisma check to control it easier (a higher value gem made it easier IIRC) and if your control broke someone else could "hire" it with valuable treasure or else it'd rampage before going back to the abyss. I have no idea what vrocks are supposed to be fluff-wise, but you could base the statblock off that
>>
So the Morninglord is Lathander in Barovia, who or what is Mother Night? The Raven Queen?
>>
>>53718899
Not precisely a FR lore connoisseur. Try the wiki
>>
>>53719053
There's a statue of Mother Night in the Werewolf Den in Barovia, and in that case, it depicts a woman with the head of a wolf, with various flowers and vines, so I dunno.
>>
File: 1325117275714.png (486KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1325117275714.png
486KB, 800x1000px
>>53719053
Who says that the random, nondescript deity referred to as "the Morninglord" worshiped by broken down people that have been stuck in a pocket dimension for centuries in which their biggest threat is a creature of the night and the sun never truly rises is the same as the actual morninglord recognized in the world proper?

Far more likely they've just taken to Praising the Sun, wishing that they too could be so grossly incandescent.
>>
>>53718933
>conflating hot-blood with rage or anger
>forgetting the lessons of GET MAD GET MAD GET MAD GET SO MAD IT DRIVES YOU MAD
>talking shit about the still waters when there's a whole plot point in G of Domon entering a collected, meditative state of mind
>theme music for Erupting Burning Finger is literally titled some bullshit about a clear and serene mind
bruh
>>
>>53718933
>>53719193
But what's the best subclass for shounen monks?
>Sun Soul
>Open Hand
>Kensei
>>
>>53719270
It's gotta be open hand with that bullshit save or die. That's quintessential shounen.

"You already lost"
>>
>>53719270
Refluffed Long Death would best capture MUH FIGHTAN SPIRIT
>>
>>53719139
Do they even praise the Sun?
>>
>>53719270
Sun Soul for Jojo.

Stands are Ancestor Barbarian
>>
If I have a shield strapped to my forearm with only a rapier in the other hand, do I technically count as one hand free? Or does it not work like that?
>>
Are your character's parents alive?
>>
>>53719270
Sun Soul. There's nothing particularly special about "good with swords" when all Monks can use weapons, and "knocks people back a lot" isn't really special to shounen protags (and "you're already dead" comes online way too late, plus you're supposed to be the fucking good guy teenager here).

But they all can manifest a glowing aura of fighting spirit and shoot special beam attacks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAVXS6rjxk8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mNCIVZP7Tk
>>
>>53719396
Doesn't work like that.

Basically, every time you try and rationalize something like "BUT I CAN STRAP MY SHIELD" or "IN REAL LIFE...", that doesn't work. The rules are there to ensure a somewhat leveled playing field. Not to be realistic.
>>
>>53719409
>Shurato
>Saint Seiya

Found the Brazilian.
>>
Reposting for more suggestions on how to portray this NPC:

She's a succubus in disguise and infiltrated a major religious organization, filled with clerics and paladins. She herself has picked up some paladin training, represented in a few extra abilities (justified as an oath of treachery). Obviously, she has a Ring of Mind Shielding, to protect her from Divine Sense and detect evil spells. She also used to be the romantic interest of one of the PCs.

How do I give subtle clues that she's not who she appears to be without giving it away? When it's revelead I want the players to have that "oh so that's why..." moment.
>>
>>53719396
5E considers having a shield equip to negate use of your free hand, even though they also consider shields to be of the forearm strappy variety given that it takes an entire action to put one on or take one off (when the handheld kind would just be drop / grab) and two-handed combatants can take a hand off their bow or greatsword to do whatever they want (cast a spell, drink a potion, grapple) no problem, as long as they don't try to use their weapon at the same time their hand is full.

You may ask how shields are more powerful than two-handed weapons given that every build around these memeing parts suggests TWO-HANDER AND GWM, or how obscenely powerful dual-wielding must secretly be considering it takes a fucking feat to be able to do it on the first round and it also takes up both of your hands in a much more clear-cut way than two-handers or shields do. The answer to that is, no one at WotC thought about this too hard.
>>
>>53719450
Just a boring white boy from the Midwest. I got my 80s and 90s anime from Italian relatives.
>>
my faget DM somehow broke through my Fey Ancestry, dominated my Half-Elf sorcerer and made me throw a fireball at a teammate. For "legit" purposes, the dominatrix did know I had access to fireball as I just scorched a few of his friends the turn before.

Should I have argued this call? That's where the session ended. My plan is to have my friends take my necklace (arcane focus) and have the dominator waste my turn trying to cast another fireball, which would be impossible to do. But would it know I can't cast it? Fucking charm spells, how do they work?
>>
About to level up to level 3 wizard, my current stats are like this
STR 10
DEX 12
INT 16
WIS 10
CHA 14
AC 11
Passive Perception 10
Should I take a feat?
>>
>>53719473
Romcom that shit.

Literally watch any romantic comedy for the HILARIOUS hijinks and misunderstandings. Take those, apply to your succubus situation, but instead of being misunderstandings, they are exactly what they appear to be but because of her relationship to the PCs the whole 'this isn't what it looks like' thing works.

>>53719518
Oh. Well, what were the odds? The one white guy in the US that has watched Shurato and he posts on /tg/ too.
>>
>>53719522
Your Fey Ancestry only gives you advantage on saving throws vs. Charm, it's not proof against it. You would have had advantage anyway because, conceivably, this person is fighting you.

The correct course of action here is to have your party members throw rocks at you, because any damage taken gives you another saving throw to shake off the spell (taken with advantage as well, since you have Fey Ancestry).
>>
>>53719555
No feat. Get that INT maxed ASAP.
>>
>>53719407
I would say 4 out of 5 times, you don't go into adventuring as a lifestyle if your parents are still alive.
>>
I don't suppose you guys have any recommended sites for getting shit to use with roll20? Like tokens and maps.

If these kikes think I'm paying 10 dollarydoos for some tables they can go fuck themselves.
>>
>>53719522
Wait, were you dominated or charmed?

Dominate Person works very differently from Charm Person.
>>
>>53719605
>not using spritesheets from SNES, Genesis, and GBA games
>>
>>53719555
That AC makes me wanna puke
>>
>>53719584
all right, I'll have them stone me. DM is playing it that we're allowed to speak while dominated. I don't know how verbal spells are done, but whatever.

Getting adv on the pummeling will work nicely.

>>53719609
Dominated, but it counts as a charm spells for triggering Fey Ancestry as the other guy mentioned. I was just treating it more than it actually was.
>>
File: 1496978531457.jpg (47KB, 286x305px) Image search: [Google]
1496978531457.jpg
47KB, 286x305px
>try to allocate my ability scores
>want to be good at thing but don't want to be bad at other thing
>go average in everything
>>
>>53719565
>Romcom that shit.
I love the idea! Any movies you thought of specifically?
>>
>>53719643
If you only want to be good at things for flavor then don't worry about it. You won't be passing around your character sheet so no one will know you have an 8 in Intelligence.

If you want it for skills then I'd say only really go up to 10 for the stats governing those skills at most and then take proficiency in those skills and get either expertise or some skill feats from the skill feat UA.

If you're worried about being a functional party member all you really need is your attack stat and Con. Con you can leave sitting for a while until you determine that you need more. It's easy for Con since it's a flat stat increase, whereas increasing your attack stat puts the dice more reliably in your favor, but is never guaranteed. Beyond that just focus on your class features more than stats.
>>
>>53719633
That's fine, but you asked 'how does charm even work'. Dominate Person is very different, in that its charm condition allows the caster to, using their action, take precise control of you.

HOWEVER, I'd say Dominate doesn't allow the caster to force you to cast a fireball. The spell very specifically says 'simple and general course of action'.

So, unless whoever cast this on you spent their action forcing you to cast Fireball, that shouldn't have happened.
>>
>>53719778
Well I'm making a high elf wizard, and it doesn't feel right to have an 8 charisma, at the same time a 16 dex and 14 con feels a little too minmax-y, feel me?
>>
File: 2226white-queen.jpg (81KB, 590x400px) Image search: [Google]
2226white-queen.jpg
81KB, 590x400px
Are the eladrin still fey lords in the 5th edition or did they get turned back into celestials from Arborea?
>>
>>53719664
Sorry, the last romcom I saw starred Heath Ledger and that was... jeez, close to 20 years ago or something.

But they all use the same plot devices, so you should be good watching any one of them.
>>
>>53718616
Try spell points instead of spell slots. Make long rests normal length of time.
>>
>>53719819
Like I said only Con and your primary attack stat really matter, which if you're a wizard is INT. If you're really worried about making Dex saves I'm sure you can find a spell to help with that.
>>
>>53718933
My idea for a monk that'll be my next character is a little different

>Ghostwise Halfling
>Way of Shadow Monk
>from a clan of halflings that were enslaved by giants for generations, weapons were too big for halflings so they couldn't fight
>they had to learn to defend themselves hand-to-hand and use the shadows to hide and their telepathic communication for subterfuge
>with it they awakened the use of "ki" (they call it something else, haven't thought of what yet)
>eventually they escaped and settled in a peaceful place but continued their ways because goddamn they're useful
>sold their skills as shadow monks to become hired thieves, agents and assassins

I want to iron it out some more but that's the basic gist. I'm trying to adapt the Halfling's celtic/gaelic origins to the basic martial and spiritual aspects of the monk, I want to stay mostly away from the asian influences.
>>
>>53719830
The DMG makes them a humanoid (elf) subrace that lives in the Feywild. Their racial abilities give them an even stronger tie to the fey though.
>>
>>53718909
>>53719018

Any other suggestions for this? The party is 4 level 5 characters, they will potentially be level 6 when they encounter this, and I don't want to utterly destroy them.
>>
>>53719830
Just about everything 4E did to the planes and the planet, except the creation of the Feywild and Shadowfell, has been reversed.

The easiest way to reconcile the Fey/Celestial-Eladrin shit is to say that Eladrin arose naturally in Arborea, and at some point they discovered the Feywild and a group went over there and set up an entirely separate culture, spawning the classical Fey. In the same vein, some of those Fey eventually spent a lot of time hanging out on the Prime Material and spawned the Elves.
>>
>>53719912
So, pretty much high elves from the Feywild.
>>
Say I'm a level 1 wizard, what cantrips do I choose?
>>
>>53720096
Whatever ones you want senpai
>>
How hard does Heavy Armor Master get fucked by diminishing returns? I mostly took if because I needed that extra +1 STR that it provides, but the 3 DR is pretty cool too. Will 3 DR become useless late game?
>>
>>53718883

Traps, pitfalls, odd paintings, locked doors, scratches on the walls.

You know, dungeon stuff
>>
>>53718524
>What Oath do you like the best and why?
Running a blackguard who's generally a nice guy and wants to see the world a better place but is an incorrigible coward and scallywag.

So yeah Oath of Treachery is p fun.
>>
>>53719619
>>53719555

Mage Armor?
>>
>>53720111
It barely gets fucked. Anytime you're fighting against melee opponents without magical weapons (read: most melee opponents), HAM will give you the equivalent of 3 extra HP every time you're hit. For some enemies that amounts to a near-50% damage reduction (CR 3 veteran does 6-8 average damage per hit, just makes many hits), and even against big tough creatures that damage reduction will usually be around 10-20%.

Considering that you still get a +1 alongside that DR, it's fantastic feat.
>>
>>53719957
Well, I guess that's an acceptable excuse. It could be worse. They always had a fey vibe anyway, and Arborea basically is a safer Feywild.
>>
>>53719613
Don't suppose you know a good source for some? I'm DMing a game soon and that would really capture the feel.
>>
File: snusrOl.png (211KB, 420x542px) Image search: [Google]
snusrOl.png
211KB, 420x542px
>>53718524
I like Oath of the Crown most personally, mainly because I like playing the loyal knightly type who protects people when I play paladins.
>>
>>53720273
Think of any game and punch "TITLE sprite sheet" into Google Image Search and you'll find a bajillion of 'em. There are whole websites dedicated to that stuff but I don't remember any off-hand; you'll see them, though.
>>
>>53719407
>Goliath Barbarian 'borrowed' from his family by a wandering group of oni when he was a tiny kid because he amused/impressed them and proceeded to be raised by them
Eh, maybe. Not like he gives a fuck.
>Undying Light/Celestial Warlock that grew up under the guidance of a wizard alongside another spellcaster, views the two of them as the only family they have, refuse to talk about birth parents
If they're not, whoever did them in is gonna have hell to pay.
>>
>>53720282
Found one website and there's a ton of Final Fantasy and Fire Emblem ones that are perfect for basic NPC's. So thanks.

Any games you recommend I look at for sprites?
>>
>>53720357
Paladin's Quest 2 (Lennus 2) for battle and town maps, obviously.
>>
>Mearls recommend the Spellbinder class from dmsguild, as it was "pretty cool"
>$2 dollars, guess I'll check it out.
>Castlevania-esque vampire hunter class
>1st level feature is Magic Circle (3rd level spell) that affects any creature instead of fey, fiend, or undead creatures.
>3rd level feature of a subclass is a better Bestow Curse.
I mean, the idea is pretty cool, but is beyond being balanced.
>>
File: 1486868867964.jpg (375KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1486868867964.jpg
375KB, 900x900px
What god would be strictly opposed to bane?

Trying to make a thing about two large orders of paladins, clerics, etc clash. Bane is already in because I just think hes a rad dude, but I can't figure out which god would detest him enough to signal their men to actively fight him.
>>
>>53720423
This tells us nothing. It could be a Fighter archetype for all we know, so who cares if it casts Magic Circle 1/day and nothing else?
>>
>>53720481
He said class man... It's a class.
>>
>>53720441
A god of law and order. A god of CIA
>>
What's a creative use of Bestow Curse?
>>
>>53720441
Cyric has some Evil vs. Evil rivalry going on and there's a lot of bad blood between their faiths in the past, including open warfare. Gods of Chaos would chafe under Bane, too.

If you're looking for some Good vs. Evil action, Lathander (or Amaunator) would be opposed to Bane, as well as any other God who's a big fan of concepts like Hope or Freedom. Any God suitable for the Light domain would work, save Kossuth, who kind of gets along with Bane.
>>
>>53720481
http://www.dmsguild.com/product/195427/The-Spellbinder-Class
It's a half-caster class, 1st level feature is limited by Int modifier, long rest. Has a 10-foot radius by 40-foot-tall cylinder (while Magic Circle is 10x20).
Has other stuff like feats baked into features, etc.

The class idea is good, execution isn't.
>>
>>53720530
Bane IS a God of Law and Order. He wants everyone fearful and submissive, bowing to his absolute tyrannical authority, every one and every thing in its place.
>>
How do I stop my mount from dying as either a Knight or Cavalier?
>>
>>53720670
SAddle of the cavalier
>>
>>53720530
>>53720562
Thanks a lot, leaning a bit towards Helm now, but i'm gonna read a bit more into them before I make a final decision.

And yes, i'm sure thats going to be the first of many batman references.
>>
>>53720670
The Mounted Combatent feat does a lot better then you'd think. Changing attacks directed at your mount to you covers 80% of situations where your mount dies, and the Dexterity Save boost covers most AoE's you have to worry about.

Other then that people have to actually devote a fair bit of effort into killing your mount now... which just isn't worth it most of the time. So your horse/mastiff/whatever will be pretty safe.
>>
>>53720670
Ride a dragon
>>
File: Deities and Demigods Bane.pdf (766KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Deities and Demigods Bane.pdf
766KB, 1x1px
>>53720441
If going from 4e fluff (which was remarkably good for him) you could always use his brother, Kord.
>>
File: bane vs bane.png (33KB, 335x285px) Image search: [Google]
bane vs bane.png
33KB, 335x285px
>>53720934
bruh

>>53720441
He really fucking hates Mystra and wants her dead so he can be the God of all Magic. She's not so much in strict opposition to him ideologically as she is "this guy's a douche and wants to murder me so maybe he needs to die".
>>
>>53719809
Well it went as "you scorched my friends with your fireball. I want you to do that to your friends" and that was its action.
>>
Guys I'm playing a mount dwarf paladin of vengeance in a CoS campaign. What feat should I take for my level 4? My stats are 19 10 16 14 10 17. Would an ASI be better?
I'd like to avoid combat feats if possible (I wield a greatsword but don't want GWM), and go for something more flavourful/useful in another way. Is Warcaster any good?
>>
Are there any spells that let you create a ghostly version of yourself, kind of like Astral Projection but still on the material plane? I'm making some monsters and would rather use innate spellcasting than invent some shit
>>
>>53720991
Mirror Image?
>>
>>53720991
Project Image?
>>
1 hour ago my weekly D&D session should've started, everyone but our DM was on the Discord channel, he's probably sleeping because he has the sleeping schedule of a cat and didn't manage to wake up after sleeping for 10+ hours.

How are your D&D games going, 5eg?
>>
>>53721094
Playing on Sunday afternoon as usual. Players are about to head off to the Wizard of Wines in Barovia after having retrieved the Sun Sword from Van Richten's tower.
>>
>>53720211
Awesome, thanks man
>>
>>53721094
We've just run into a Druid and one part member agreed to help him. Issue is helping him directly gets in the way of a promise that another party member made to their Mother.

So while those two argue over which question we should ask the magic mirror I'll just push past and ask the question that will help us actually solve the main plot. People need to start putting their petty problems aside.
>>
What's the best domain for a homebrew River God?
>>
>>53721184
Maybe Nature or Tempest? You could take Nature and replace some of the spells with water-themed ones.
>>
Anyone ever made themselves a custom character sheet before? My fiancé made one themed for her Druid and it looks pretty cool, I'm thinking of asking her to make one for my Fighter.
>>
>>53721094
We are finally getting out of this blasted gnome city, with our very own airship, meanwhile our bard keeps trying to steal a magic bow he has more than enough coin to buy.
>>
>>53721242
Our rogue is a total klepto. She steals just for the thrill of it. She has hundreds and hundreds of gold, but she stole a worthless broken sickle from a store just because she couldn't get anything else in the store without being noticed
>>
>>53721094
We're playing LMoP and just got to Cragmaw Castle. We're planning to have me (Wizard) and the Ranger climb through an open window and scout around.

How fucked are we?
>>
>>53720934
Wait so is this Bane basically Ares because that pic showed up a lot when I Google Searched for a cool Ares pic for my campaign.
>>
>>53721439

Considering the only windows to be found are arrow slits. I imagine you'll be losing an eye.
>>
>>53721466
Without giving too much away, is there a lot of enemies in there and are they all in big groups? Is there any chance of taking some out before having to call in the Fighter and Barbarian?
>>
>>53721512
Don't split the party. If trouble arises, get the fuck out, don't fight.
>>
Which circles of druid are good, which aren't as much? For curiosity's sake.
>>
>>53721512

My group just finished Mines and Cragmaw was the only place where someone actually died. Take that as you will.
>>
>>53721512
I didn't finish LMoP (abandoned due to bad DM), but I doubt it can go as bad as when our Rogue shouted at a window at the tower of Thundertree.
>>
>>53720983
Give me a hint here chaps.
>>
Anyone got some cool random tables for a new dm?
>>
>>53721561
>>53721539
Alright, I'll try to find another plan for this. If shit goes down I feel confident I can survive with my Staff of Defence at least.

One plan I did have was use Disguise Self and pretend to be one of the Bugbears from the Redbrand Hideout... I've only got 12 CHA and Intimidation proficiency though.

>>53721585
We nearly went there but I'd heard you should avoid the place until higher levels. Plus so far the only reason we have to go is grab some treasure so it's kinda like why other.
>>
>>53721654
I'd round out that Str and Cha
>>
>>53721684

Shoulda grabbed some of the cloaks from the Redbrand Hideout.
>>
>>53721702
I grabbed a Crowbar, some Spellscrolls and a Beaver Pelt...
>>
>>53721726

You could have tried to pass off as Glasstaff's subordinates.
>>
>>53721748
Actually I might just use Disguise Self for that. Get the Barbarian to pretend to be someone we caught who's working with the Dwarves.

I think the Ranger might have actually taken one of their cloaks though, so maybe we can all go in and try to get the drop on the guards.
>>
>>53721654
+1 STR, +1 CHA. warcaster would only be good for the concentration bonus. not a whole lot of paladin spells worth reaction casting, but the option is there. honestly though, i think a whole +1 STR and CHA modifier would benefit you a whole lot more.

if you're doing a polearm build, PAM is arguably better than the stat boost just for the bonus action attack.
>>
>>53721679
What are you looking for? Encounter tables?
>>
>>53720441
Any especially idealistic Chaotic Good god. Sune, Tymora, Lliira, etc. Corellon, Eilistraee and the rest of the Seldarine are too busy hating Lolth to care.
>>
File: Haranshire.jpg (555KB, 1450x939px) Image search: [Google]
Haranshire.jpg
555KB, 1450x939px
>>53721094
I'm adapting Night Below for 5e in my Roll20 campaign, it's going pretty swell so far. We're 8 sessions in and the players have just killed the first group of kidnapping bandits led by Ranchefus which was thiiiis close to a TPK
>>
>>53721512
How large is your party? They're only large mobs if you're a small party, or a large one and the DM has scaled it up.
>>
>>53721585
My players skipped Thundertree. Kind of a bummer as I had a green Lego dragon ready to go.
>>
>>53718899
None specifically, but REALLY strict Priests of Tempus might be pissy about it, though Tempus himself is CN.
Tempus isn't a "hates fun" God but a "war is serious so take this shit seriously".

Also might be a monestary NOT affiliated with god.
To be honest, there doesn't even need to be a monestary if you don't want, just a Monk.
>>
>>53719053, >>53719139
The Morninglord IS in fact Lathander in Ravenloft, likely brought their originally by inhabitants from the Realms, but they actually aren't even aware of the name "Lathander" there and the faith is quite different from Faerun's version.
Mother Night is actually made up for Curse of Strahd.
>>
>>53719830
They haven't even been mentioned.
Which is funny because otherwise the Moonshae elf kingdom has a bunch of members of a race that doesn't exist in 5e ruling it.
>>
>>53720441
Everyone hates Bane, in god-terms.
His stated goal is "rule the world and kill everyone else", though his actual Clergy are more competent then that and are excellent at toeing the line of the law so you can't get rid of them.
>>
My GM keeps throwing sacks of HP at us and its getting really boring, what can I suggest they do to improve combat?
>>
>>53722076
Have the sacks actually be threats?
>>
>>53722076
Less combat more RP

Sessions should be like 50% RP, 25% creative problem solving, 25% combat.
>>
>>53722086
they should be, but arent. last session they threw 4 Devas at us and we killed all of them. We are level 7.
>>
I'm making a Wizard. Should I go variant human for the extra feat so I can take Warcaster from first level, or should I play another race? I was thinking gnome for darkvision and the sweet +2 Intelligence boost, as well as minor illusion from the forest variant.
>>
>>53722106
How many people? Are you using op builds? Has he been just showering you with magic items?
>>
File: 1493025679911.jpg (25KB, 301x251px) Image search: [Google]
1493025679911.jpg
25KB, 301x251px
>>53722106
So after looking them up I have to ask; did they just stand there and take a beating or something? How the hell do four of those not pose a threat? Even with basic attacks it looks like they'd fuck you up.
>>
>>53722126
Gnomes also have advantage on spell saves. Solid choice. But, Warcaster is good, too. I'd recommend going with vuman if you don't expect to encounter other magic users often
>>
>>53722126
Go whatever you want, War Caster is nice but isn't obligatory (maybe if you're a Bladesinger)
>>
>>53720983
Go HAM to bump str to 20and get some sweet sweet dr
>>
>>53719909
I really like that idea, Anon. How would they view Gnomes?

Make a plot point that one of the descendants of the main giants is hunting your clan of monks and wants to drive them to extinction for escaping and shaming his ancestor who was blamed, so he's hunting down your people in allegiance with the bbeg. Or something like that.
>>
>>53722106
Even if you were 6 people they'd be 3 times above the XP for a deadly encounter at 7th level. What the fuck was your DM doing?
>>
>>53722106
If you aren't all horrible muchkins, the DM is not running combat right. One of those things can do 2d6+4+8d8 radiant per round
>>
>>53722176
4 of us. 1 is playing a OP barbarian, 1 of us is an average powered character and the other 2 are fairly weak due to one multiclassing and the other rolling poorly on stats.
>>
DM-ing my first session tomorrow. Any tips for a novice DM? How do you adequately prepare?
>>
File: 1478011913758.jpg (85KB, 700x929px) Image search: [Google]
1478011913758.jpg
85KB, 700x929px
>>53718524
Mechanically I think Ancients is the best.

Thematically Devotion is the most faithful.

Personally I love the concept behind Crown. I love the idea of a proper royal knight to the throne.
>>
>>53722220
Can you describe how combat went, so we get an idea of how the DM fucked up throwing 4 monsters at you that should have been individually capable of fucking your shit up while blindfolded?
>>
>>53720530
That's a big job to fill.
>>
I'm a level 6 Warlock and I have 14 AC. What am I doing wrong?

14 Dex, Studded leather. Is my DM just being a jew? Should I have magic items to increase my AC?
>>
>>53722231

Let players do what they want(within reason). Don't force the story and run the game as fairly as possible.

For dungeon making and encounters, that takes a few hours or days to come up with.
>>
>>53722254
14 AC is good for a full caster
>>
>>53722254
Take the mage armor invocation
13+dex should get you at least 15 ac
>>
>>53722254
You could get 1 more point by taking off the armor and grabbing the mage armor invocation.
>>
>>53722254
That isn't bad. Are you used to a different edition?
>>
>>53722268
>>53722270
>>53722273

I was just afraid it was woefully low. I assumed at level 6 my AC should be higher. Thanks lads.
>>
>>53722237
3 fights, once with a deva and cultists this happened twice. last one was 2 devas at once.
combat normally goes that the barb crits for more damage than the rest of the parry can do in 3 rounds, the rogue/monk flails at a target and rarely does more than 20 damage. the warlock eldritch blasts and the wizard tries to not kill the party with AoE spells.
>>
>>53722254
>>53722268
>>53722270
>>53722273
>>53722277

Unrelated guy. What's the highest "normal" AC without using magic items or spells? 20? 18 for plate and 2 for the shield?
>>
>>53722311
21 if you're a fighter or a paladin with the defense style
>>
>>53722285
My wizard currently has 8 AC, it hasnt been an issue so far

>>53722311
20 is the soft cap, but Ive been able to get it as high as 26 without magic items
>>
>>53722322
>8

How the fuck did you get negative AC
>>
>>53722341
with 6 dex and no armour
>>
>>53722310
Have you considered the barbarian player may be bullshitting his damage?
>>
>>53722207
That's a cool idea. I'll bring it up to the DM if the time ever comes.
>>
>>53722354
Ah, the wonders of rolling for stats.
>>
>>53722354

That's not how it works... it's 10+dex. It would just be 10.
>>
>>53722310
Is this with or without taking into resistance?
>>
>>53722380
Negative dex mod subtracts from your AC. It's 10 + Dex... and 10 + -2 is 8.
>>
>>53722380
>10+dex
>dex mod is -2
>10+(-2)
>8
nigga are you retarded
>>
>>53722310
I mean, there's no way around it, your DM is shit. Did he just make the Devas fly to the barbarian and stay there, even after taking a beating?
>>
File: Capture.png (9KB, 204x400px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
9KB, 204x400px
>>53722356
I wish, the guy is crazy.

>>53722407
pretty much
>>
Do multiple instances of reach stack?
>>
>>53722380
shit my dude, did you fail math?
>>
>>53722416
Is his weapon magical? Because even then the devas get resistance to non-magical weapons. Also, he shouldn't get +3 rage damage until 9th level, but that's the least problem here
>>
>>53722311
27 if you get the riposte feat. 18 (plate or mage armor+5 DEX) + shield + protection fighting style +6 prof as a reaction.
>>
>>53722385
this takes into account resistances
>>
>>53722445
we court the rage damage the minute it came up, and his weapon is magic
>>
File: 1496183121331.jpg (8KB, 250x219px) Image search: [Google]
1496183121331.jpg
8KB, 250x219px
>>53722364
>No Variant Human
>Standard Array (15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8)
>Roll a 1d6: you can add the result up to 18 per stat
>Reroll on a 1 until you get anything higher
>Everyone begins with one feat
>You can choose to begin with either one tool proficiency or an extra language

Best setup for starting with a balanced party that everyone enjoys and has fun with.

Prove me wrong. You can't.
>>
>>53722416
He shouldn't be able to hit a 17AC often with only +2 to hit, even with advantage from reckless attack.
>>
Which school of magic should I specialize in, illusion or evocation? Fireballs are great, but so are illusory walls.
>>
>>53722499
>free feats

It's shit.
>>
File: 1492170370055.png (175KB, 398x450px) Image search: [Google]
1492170370055.png
175KB, 398x450px
>>53722380
It's okay, Anon, it could happen to anyone.

I for one don't judge you harshly.
>>
So who wins in a fight with even gear/stats

AC paladin with sword and board+defense style or a Paladin with a greatsword and GWF
>>
>>53722416
Maybe tell him he could try to play the enemies more organically. A freaking angel is not stupid and shouldn't just wail on the guy with the big ass maul, especially when they have 90ft of fly speed. At the very least, if they really wanted to attack him, they could fly in and out, staying out of his range. Eating one opportunity attack is better than eating his full 2 or 3 attacks.

Tbh GWM damage kinda breaks the monster math as well, average HP just doesn't cut it. I have both GWM and SS on the party I run for, so any monster that should be a threat has somewhere from 3/4 to the maximum HP available considering their hit dice.
>>
>>53722470
Okay, so then the problem was entirely the DM making the Devas do nothing but stand next to the just-fuck-my-shit up barbarian

Even more dumb considering devas can freely shapeshift into anything of equal or lower CR
>>
>>53722425
yes, bonuses to reach stack additively unless the effect says otherwise
>>
>>53722525
Whoever wins initiative.
>>
>>53722525
GWF wins. Attack bonuses are higher than AC so its easier to hit the defense player.
>>
>>53722525
Probably sword and board, because smites are where the damage is at.
>>
>>53722528
>A freaking angel is not stupid
Everyone is stupid in this campaign

>>53722536
the kicker is the GM gave him a weapon that is magic and does 3d6+STR mods. it comes down to them being inexperienced i think
>>
>>53722499
People underestimate feats when giving one to each player.
>>
>>53722543
You mean I can get 25 feet of reach without some asshole coming in and telling me it's impossible? That's hilarious.
>>
>>53722552
Can you re-roll smite damage if you get a 1 or a 2 on it?
>>
>>53722576
not with gwf, it only affects the weapons damage dice
>>
>>53722571
You can ban the weapon feats
>>
>>53722576
No.

GWF, just like Savage Attacker, only affects the weapons damage die. So no Sneak Attack or Smite extra damage.
>>
>>53722506
Neither. Take Lore Wizard for FORCE DAMAGE WIS FIREBALLS.
>>
>>53722510
>>53722571
With Standard Array one free feat to begin with is fine. Plus I get tired of everyone wanting v.human.

It frees up the ASI constrictions and you rarely play past level 10 anyway, why not let the players have a little more fun?

If you're the DM (I usually am) and you can't balance combat because your players have a feat then there are other problems that need resolving. I don't underestimate them or their creativity. I welcome it.
>>
>>53722593
I calculated the other day, banning GWM, PAM, and SS you get all weapons' damage balanced (i.e. TWF has around the same damage as GWF), or limit PAM to Quarterstaff.
>>
>>53722607
What's stopping you from playing beyond level 10?
>>
>>53722607
My problem with some feats is how they make some "builds" instead of making things interesting, specially the weapon feats. I'd have no problem if people picked Lucky or Mounted Combatant.
>>
>>53722627
Nothing. That's just how the dice usually end up rolling.

At around level 10 in a campaign the wind blows and the main questline for that arc is finished and/or people want to make a new character for the next act.
>>
>>53722645
Start at a higher level then.
>>
>>53722620
CBE means Hand Crossbow is still King Ranged.
>>
>his DM doesn't ban feats
>his DM doesn't ban V. Human
>>
>>53722638
I can see your point. I just allow it and shrug, personally, but like that other Anon said you can just ban the weapon/direct combat feats from being your starting feat. I have been wanting to encourage some of the UA tool proficiency feats lately, those were pretty cool...

>>53722661
My group enjoys beginning at a relatively low level (sometimes 1, usually 3). We tend to focus more on the storyline/making an awesome plot than raw power or OP meme builds.
>>
>>53722687
>his DM allows magic
>his DM has dragons
>his DM actually explores dungeons
>his DM doesn't force the players to use realistic, natural healing
>his DM doesn't instantly kill the player for rolling a nat1
>>
>>53722606
Lore wizard? What is that and where can I find it?
>>
File: smug lain.jpg (11KB, 400x285px) Image search: [Google]
smug lain.jpg
11KB, 400x285px
>>53722687
>the DM bans things because he can't adapt to a more varied game
>>
>>53722690
>My group enjoys beginning at a relatively low level (sometimes 1, usually 3). We tend to focus more on the storyline/making an awesome plot than raw power or OP meme builds.

Consider playing a different system that better supports your playstyle, then.
>>
>>53722709

inb4 Lore is OP meme
>>
>>53722710
It was actualy my idea though
>>
>>53722254
>Wizard has 16AC and 3-5 free castings of Shield each day with his Staff of Defence and Magic Initiate Wizard for free Mage Armour
>>
>>53722709
https://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/20170213_Wizrd_Wrlck_UAv2_i48nf.pdf
>>
>>53722690
>We tend to focus more on the storyline/making an awesome plot than raw power or OP meme builds.

Find that hard to believe with the absolute shitfest you call character creation.
>>
>>53722713
I'm quite comfortable with my experience, you on the other hand sound quite bitter and resentful.

Who hurt you, Anon?
>>
>>53722710
VHuman is retarded, though.
>"Look, we made humans so bad we made a better human so it's actually playable!"
>>
>>53722716
The only thing that's OP is the ability to change your spell range from 30 feet to a FUCKING MILE WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING THAT'S 5280 FEET
>>
>>53722741
5e hurt me, and I make a point of trying to lead people to other, better systems when DnD's #1 selling point of "it's what everyone plays" isn't in consideration.
>>
>>53722732
I'm sorry you feel that way, Anon.

Tell me how you do it.
>>
>>53722749
your greentext better supports the position that the regular human is retarded
>>
Help me guys. I'm not fully autistic but still new to the game, what counts as reasonable for suggestion?

I've got a game in 24 hours and my Bard just reached level 3.
>>
>>53722762

Yeah, I love when they waste all of their spell slots. It's so hilariously OP.
>>
>>53722772
Entirely the DMs disgression
>>
>>53722763
Well, I can respect that. And I appreciate your honesty.

I'm pretty happy with 5e but wish you well in your other ventures.

Have you considered that it may have been because of the group you played with?
>>
>>53722792
>ha ha he used one spell slot to fire his spells from OVER A MILE AWAY
>he's totally just going to sleep now and get them back and no one will have any fucking idea what happened because it was over a mile away
>WHAT A LOSER
>SUCH A WASTE OF A SPELL SLOT
>>
>>53722606
>wasting spell secrets on fireballs when you could be making hold person/monster a dex or strength save

Not very enlightened of you, senpai.
>>
>>53722792
You're talking as if the very notion of having to pay anything in exchange for practically limitless range ruined the whole ability. And wizard is not exactly a weak class
>>
>>53722874
That's not useful at all.
>>
>>53722889
Also, Lore wizard can also change damage type and saving throw ability at whim, and change a prepared spell as a bonus action, so even if you think that particular feature is weak they're not exactly lacking elsewhere
>>
>>53722921
>Hold Monster paralyzes a creature
>paralyzed creatures automatically fail strength and dex saves
>Lore master makes Hold Monster a dex save to get out of
>>
>>53722944
Anything worth using it on is likely to pass the initial Dex save.
>>
>>53722955
you can also make it a strength save.
>>
>>53722967
Same difference.
>>
>It's a wizards can't have nice things episode
Lore Wiz is totally fine you morons
>>
>>53722955
Actually DEX Saves are often a big bad monster's weakest save...
>>
>>53722955
If you pig-headedly, baselessly assume things always make their save, yeah things based off saves are pretty useless

Luckily Lore wizards can also increase spell DC by 2 via burning a 3rd level slot, which is surely worth it on an opponent they otherwise couldn't even scratch
>>
>>53722955
>has even a decent chance of instantly ending the encounter
>has even better chance if he burns a 3rd level spell slot
>still not OP
>>
>>53723006
>>53723023
Most people don't play over level 5
>>
How do you make combat more interesting as a fighter?
>>
>>53723006
Legendary Resistance.

>>53723023
What kind of an encounter only has one enemy?
>>
>>53723034
Be a Battlemaster
Use maneuvers where they can be useful
Use grapples and shoves where your maneuvers won't be useful
Get shield master
Knock everyone on their ass for free and always have advantage
Get Sentinel
Fuck up anyone who tries to touch your squishies
>>
Guys he's just a troll, ignore the fucker because even WotC agreed Lore Master was not a good idea and replaced it with War Mage.
>>
>>53723039
So the very existence of legendary resistances completely invalidates anything that would make saving throw based spells better? If Lore Wizards are weak because of Legendary Resistances, literally everything else is worse
>>
>>53718883
Caves can be messy.
>Difficult terrain
Don't trip and fall down a hole.
>Confusing layout
Most caves are complex three dimensional systems that can be really hard to navigate even if you're used to caves. It's easy to get lost.
When you're lost, your resources will start draining. Light (and maybe food, water and clothes).
>Hazards
Worse hazards include cavefall, floodings, gasses. In fantasy settings there could be more mystical dangers in the cavern.
>>
>>53723072
We are getting theurge though
>>
>>53723078
Never said they were weak. Stop trying to act like this limited, niche ability is a win button for every encounter.
>>
>>53723090
If Lore Wizard is limited and niche literally everything that CAN'T change damage type and saving throw ability to whatever the fuck it wants at no cost is even more limited and niche

I think you really overstepped the line with this post. Now no one can deny you're baiting
>>
>>53723133
>one ability=the whole archetype

You can't read, can you?
>>
>>53723150
Changing damage type and saving throw comes from the same class feature and can be done simultaneously you mong
>>
>>53723171
> Stop trying to act like this limited, niche ability
>ABILITY

Could you please point out where I said anything about the archetype itself?
>>
Should Mystic continue scaling it's max PSI limit and have more high cost effects added or is it already 2strong as is?
>>
>>53723195
You began this discussion by saying the archetype was not OP, and now you seem to be in complete denial of any argument that could be made towards it being OP. And once more, changing saving throw type is neither "limited" or "niche", and it becomes even less "limited" and "niche" if you stop pretending it is on a vacuum and Lore Wizard gets nothing else
>>
File: 1494721815188.png (107KB, 623x603px) Image search: [Google]
1494721815188.png
107KB, 623x603px
>people falling for bait THIS hard
>>
>>53723205
Trading out more low-level effects with fewer world-altering abilities is a better focus for the class. Its max psi does technically go all the way up to full casting, it's just hidden by consumptive power and psionic mastery.
>>
Is it gay if pooping gives me a boner?
>>
>>53723275
Go back to Pathfinder.
>>
>>53721837
Anything really but encounter tables and world gen/wilderness stuff would be ideal.
>>
Question for those who use Fantasy Grounds.

Going to be playing in a DnD Curse of Strahd campaign. We used to use Discord/Roll20, but I am itching to try out FantasyGrounds. Problem is, my GM is a total poorfag. If I were to buy the Ultimate License and the Curse of Strahd module, could I share my login account with my DM? Then just make a new account and download the demo version while he uses my main license?
>>
>>53723275
Are you fucking high?
>>
>>53723340
You can for sure. You don't actually need to make a new account for the Demo, either--just be sure to clear out your license and account info before connecting to him (and reenter it when you need to run something with it, of course). The Demo is the same client as standard and ultimate, just with a proper license activating it.
>>
>>53723352
>>53723340
Also standard disclaimer of blah blah it's technically against their ToS, blah blah blah.
>>
>>53723240
My first post was >>53722921

Any ability you can only use once per rest is, by definition, limited.
>>
how long should your average dungeon be? is two minibosses, a normal boss, and quite a few small encounters, most of which should be fairly easy but a few may be a bit of a challenge. they may be able to get some short rests in, but long rests are unlikely.
>>
Fantasy Grounds vs roll20, go
>>
>>53723395
What's stopping the party from leaving and camping out somewhere?

What's stopping the party from finding a fortified position and hanging out for 8 hours?
>>
>>53723401
Roll20 does anything you need for a fun online campaign. Fantasy Grounds does that and a bit more. But it's not really important.

Meanwhile, the actual pricing favours roll20. Unless they changed something every players needs to buy something to play in a FG campaign, unless the GM pays extra.
>>
>>53723431
that's one of the minibosses keeping them in there. it's a gigantic insect that's slippery and dangerous. if they let their guard down for too long, it could ambush them. gives them a sense of being somewhat hunted throughout the dungeon.
>>
>>53723352
>>53723377

Thanks for the info, Anon(s)!
>>
>>53723451
and once it's dead?
>>
>>53723451
Why don't they kill it and leave?
>>
>>53722985
Wizards already have all the nice things they need, you ass.

>>53723395
By the book, 6-8 medium encounters. If you also use harder encounters, reduce the number a bit. Alternatively just use the daily XP budget for the party to figure out how many things they can fight.
>>
>>53723462
>>53723467
the exit is blocked once they enter, although after the creature hunting them is gone, there's nothing stopping them from taking a long rest
>>53723496
okay, thanks. i'll try and keep that in mind. i'm pushing about 5-6 encounters right now and i'm about 2/3rd of the way done with the dungeon
>>
File: nonstop infinite smug.gif (2MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
nonstop infinite smug.gif
2MB, 540x304px
>>53723401
Fantasy Grounds
+ in-depth automation of play (automatic application of conditions, effects, rolling against AC, dealing damage, healing, doing saving throws, selling and dividing loot, dividing XP, and more)
+ great campaign management built-in with drag-and-drop linking between handouts and even handout links on images
+ loads image content from your local computer with no dependence on cloud storage
+ company is basically run by chill devs
~ no built-in voice or video chat
- high barrier to entry due to cost (not TOO bad with subscription service but still pretty severe)
- this barrier means the community talk about it is limited
- no built-in audio streaming for music, etc.
- no automated cloud backups in case of local failures
- learning curve due to strange interface design
- total lack of art and PR staff shows REALLY blatantly
- no ad-hoc map support (creating maps from tiles and transparent terrain and such)
- no dynamic lighting
- map support in general is underwhelming and strange

The last few points are going to be fixed come the Unity update, which should be... sometime this year.

Roll20:
+ online and free--very accessible
+ runs on a browser, no install necessary
+ strong and growing community
+ built-in voice/video chat
+ automatic cloud backups (since it's all on the cloud)
+ dynamic lighting
+ ad-hoc map creation
+ built-in audio streaming for music, sound effects, etc.
+ can load in assets from web searches
- dependent on Roll20 servers for connectivity
- need a decent computer to run it
- their web technology scales very poorly and feature addition is VERY slow
- best features for gameplay mood and automation (dynamic lighting and API) are behind a subscription
- lead dev is a prick

Both of them have official WotC licensed products, but both suffer from the same pricing problem when it comes to them (priced at MSRP with no discount for owning the physical copy).
>>
>>53723401
Tabletop Simulator
>>
File: 136791768111.jpg (25KB, 296x296px) Image search: [Google]
136791768111.jpg
25KB, 296x296px
Why don't you continue playing in the afterlife when your characters die?
>>
>>53723550
Some more negative points about Roll20: its automation is poor, especially compared to FG. Many parts of it are finicky and prone to breaking because of web tech. Its default sheet for 5e looks and runs like crap. Its LFG community is full of trash. Its community sheet devs, especially for 5e, are also pricks.
>>
>>53723571
How do you DM on TS? My friends and I all use it for board gaming, but it seems like DMing and playing on there would be horrendous with the wonky physics and stuff.
>>
Is it okay if I let my Barbarian player use STR for intimidating, as long as he intimidates using his actions instead of his words?

I would say that a muscle bound brick shithouse scowling and cracking his knuckles at me would intimidate me, even if he is barely charismatic
>>
>>53723401
>>53723433
>>53723550
>>53723571
>using roll20
>after they murdered megaanon in cold blood

Disgusting.
>>
File: Eternal_Red_Blaze_by_whoreray.jpg (177KB, 736x816px) Image search: [Google]
Eternal_Red_Blaze_by_whoreray.jpg
177KB, 736x816px
How do you do horror in your games? I'm looking for inspiration.
>>
>>53723571
Been thinking of getting TS, is it any decent?
>>
>>53723591
I would think that's part of the fun. Flicking an enemy model away etc.
I haven't used it for roleplaying, and never will.
>>
>>53723591
I don't know exactly since I don't DM, but it's pretty much fine if you nail everything down that needs to be nailed down. It helps that there are some surprisingly good prefabs lurking about for it.
>>
>>53723611
TTS is great for board games (you can play Kingdom Death Monster and Heroquest on there with friends with no extra cost) but I seriously can't imagine playing D&D on it. I tried to run a simple game of Maid RPG on there and it was a disaster (it being Maid didn't help)
>>
>>53723600
Maybe he should stop breaking the law, buddy.
>>
>>53723595
It's literally suggested in the PHB and likely the DMG as well did you even read the fucking books?
>>
>>53723595
A lack of charisma generally also mean that you lack a force of personality. I'd give him disadvantage against certain victims. (If he tries to threaten a competent soldier to back off, he soldier might not feel very threatened).
>>
>>53723645
It's a lot of information to take in, I'm not perfect, I forget things sometimes

>>53723653
That's a good idea. Thanks
>>
>>53723611
It's great but it takes a lot of work to set everything up in a scene. You can find buildings and WoW and Skyrim models so you don't have to do all the heavy lifting. I think half the reason the DM I know puts in the effort for it is because he was mad into setting up 40K miniatures back in the day.
>>
>>53723611
>Can play any board game you want
>DnD isn't that terrible on it when you start getting all the right workshop mods
Get a discord and you're all set.
>>
>>53720966
Yea, well Mystra's a cunt

t. Helm.
>>
>>53723603
5e isn't particularly great at it, but you can still get a decent vibe if you try and do a few things:

1. Have there be a constant threat almost all the time. Your party does deserve breaks but most of the time they should feel like resting is a major risk. Maybe they're being hunted. Maybe the region they're in is filled with a unknown amount of hostiles.

2. Disempower your players. This is difficult to do because a lot of DnD is about empowerment, but it's still possible. Strain your players resources. Make them consider whether or not they should use their spell slots or other limited abilities. By the end of the session you should have them drained of most of their resources before you slacken the leash.

3. Don't follow the typical rules for equipment. One of my favorite sessions was a level 1 campaign where we started with no equipment at all. It was tense and we were appreciative of every little bit of equipment we actually had.

You can also try things like sanity points, madness rules, and more hardcore rules on healing and resting, but I've never tried them before. Besides that, everything else is left up to how the DM can establish tone and atmosphere.
>>
File: magic of studying by andrr.jpg (383KB, 1300x727px) Image search: [Google]
magic of studying by andrr.jpg
383KB, 1300x727px
How to disable caster? Can i ready action "When he starts casting the spell, i will stab the fucker" co force concentration roll or even disrupt spell.
>>
>>53723550
>>53723579
Sheesh, nice info dump. Thanks.

I still don't even know which is better. Both have bad flaws and good selling points.

I'll probably give fantasy grounds a try. If you buy their stupidexpensive ultimate nonsense does it include every module and can you share it to other players who haven't payed? I think I heard you could do that but hell if I know.
>>
>>53723723
Mage Slayer
>When a creature within 5 feet of you casts a spell, you can use your reaction to make a melee weapon attack against that creature.

>When you damage a creature that is concentrating on a spell, that creature has disadvantage on the saving throw it makes to maintain its concentration.

>You have advantage on saving throws against spells cast by creatures within 5 feet of you.

or cast silence
>>
Outside of the linked trove, anyone know of good resources for free/cheap 5e stuff? I'm trying to build up my personal collection for mine and my friends use?
>>
>>53723761
Amazon lad. You can buy new and used for half price in most cases.

I think I saw the DMG or MM on a 20 dollar sale last week.
>>
File: 3ebb.jpg (147KB, 384x339px) Image search: [Google]
3ebb.jpg
147KB, 384x339px
> next adventure eases in the concept of dinosaurs
> artificer and mystic set to be AL Legal classes by next year

What could that possibly mean?
>>
>>53723742
I havent exactly reached 4th level yet.

Silence would work, if our monk would be willing to grapple that fuck. I was hoping they might be option open to all, but i guess this will work as well.

Thanks.
>>
>>53723786
I don't know, but tell me about dinosaurs in Faerun. Where did they come from? How did they get here?
>>
>>53723786
3 years for the next splat
>>
Hi, guys, need your help. Some times ago i find generator for past of PC, but then lost it. Who may know link for that stuff?
>>
>>53723776
Honestly, I'm looking for more digital stuff. We use d20Pro to run our game, so I'm always looking for art assets and just any random pdfs that are generally fun.
>>
>>53721094
The party just claimed a legendary weapon of my setting and are planning to use it to finally bash in the face of the Vampire that keeps eluding them.

She's prepared for them.
>>
>>53723802
They're in Chult, and they're in Chult.
>>
>>53718780
Was probably raised in it and found it boring.
>>
>>53723879
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/more-character-options/pfbggen/

I know it's Pathfinder but it has helped me come up with some good ideas.
>>
>>53722796
Nah, it's literally there are better rulesets to play the type of game DnD wishes to codify, but you only realize it after you waste your time with it for a while.
>>
In the campaign I'm DMing, one of my players is a moon druid with a passive perception of 20. Anything I can do aside from just making everything unnoticeable for no reason so that he's not just walking down the street and notices shit happening from the next campaign pretty much? Am I overestimating how passive perception works?
>>
>>53724138
Observant I assume? Honestly just keep the game the same as is.

Remember that Dim Light (Darkness with Darkvision) gives Disadvantage which is -5 on passive checks. Also that a creature actively hiding from him forces him to use a real Perception check.

Other then that let him have it, he invested a feat into being a trap finding, ambush detecting and secret door sniffing master. Make him feel like one.
>>
>>53724158
Thank you for the help and yeah the observant feat. I want it to be fun for him but I also don't just want him to make everything that's not directly combat trivial.
>>
>>53724183
try more magically obscured stuff
>>
>>53724158
>Also that a creature actively hiding from him forces him to use a real Perception check.
Not really. If a creature actively Hides and beats his Passive, then he has to actively search for it. If they don't beat it, then he sees the creature.

>>53724183
Not really such a big issue. Consider that not everything is picked up by passive perception. For example if there's a trapdoor beneath a thick carpet, only active searchs will find it. What his high PP means is you're encouraged to drop any hints that his environment should give. Smells, sounds, stuff that feels out of place. But you can also drop red herrings, stuff he notices and is useless, but since you're telling him he might think it's important. Just don't overdo it.
>>
File: Dredd.jpg (151KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Dredd.jpg
151KB, 1920x1080px
>>53723634
Megaanon never broke the law! He is the law!
>>
How stupid an idea is a Yuan-ti Hexblade? I just want to play something melee focused but the Yuan-ti stats make that pretty hard.
>>
>>53724526
Not a bad idea at all. Yuan-ti is fucking broken anyway, and you've got charisma covered, so just put your ASIs into str or dex and you'll be fine.
>>
Does high ground offer any sort of bonuses for combat?

Like I'm setting up a part of a cave, there's some goblins camped out on a ledge. What would you give them in terms of bonuses? I was considering advantage with melee and maybe just a +1 to hit with ranged?
>>
>>53724569
The fact Yuan-ti are allowed in AL shows that WotC isn't too concerned about balance aside from "No level 1 flight".

Which... I mean in most games people won't care about one party member having good magic resistance but it's still not good.
>>
>>53724577
I wouldn't advise using your idea, but it's your so do whatever you want. Generally the bonus for the situation you mentioned is having cover against ranged attacks.
>>
Giving melee +2 bonus to attack for flanking (like in 3E) is it a good idea in 5E?
>>
>>53724859
Flanking bonus is too easy to get.
>>
>>53724970
Yes but 5E battles are static as fuck
>>
What's some ideas for a Death God worshiped by a group of scholarly Clerics?
>>
>>53724978
What's so bad about the fights in 5e?
>>
How am I supposed to be effective if I have so few spell slots?

As it stands now 2nd and 3rd level spell slots for the wizard are capped at level 6 and I get one more 1st level spell slot at level 10, then that's it.

What the fuck? How does Wizard fall off this badly?
>>
>>53724995
Depending on how they view undeath, they could be hoarding knowledge to transition into liches or other kinds of undead
>>
>>53725097
Either you're new as shit and don't know how to Wizard, or this is bait.
>>
>>53725097
What the fuck are you looking at? For starters you have all your 4-9th level slots, scaling Cantrips and you don't get a 1st level slot at 10.

Are you actually looking at the D&D 5e PHB?
>>
>>53725111
New to the class, not new to the game, and definitely not bait.

Wizard doesn't even come off as a glass cannon either, I used fireball a couple sessions back and barely damaged the target, did 30 damage to it or something like that. Meanwhile whenever I get attacked I get taken out or killed in the first hit or two, even when I use defenses like Shield and Mage Armor.
>>
>>53725122
My mistake, you get a cantrip at 10, not a 1st level slot. Kinda makes it worse desu.

Higher level spells must be pretty damn good then if you don't get more uses out of lower level ones as you go on.
>>
>>53725097
I played a Wizard this season (Sept to June) and my best spells were Concentration spells like hold and polymorph and suggestion

Non-concentration damage spells like Fireball and Scorching Ray really don't do shit after a while

Just use your good concentration spells and focus on staying alive and doing cantrips in between
Use all your first level slots on Mage Armor & Shield, most of your 2nd level slots on Misty Step, always save a Counterspell
>>
>>53725127
Fireball's a very situational spell, Wizard's should be dropping 1-2 spells per combat and 99% of the time they won't be damage ones. Look at stuff like Hold Person, Hypnotic Pattern, Fear, Web, Haste, Enlarge/Reduce, Grease, Sleep, Wall of Force, Mass Suggestion, Tasha's Hideous Laughter and etc.

I have a feeling you're probably making the common mistake of playing a Wizard like you would see in most media, doing a big flashy effect. What you should do is cast a control spell or a buff spell and then sling cantrips or maybe the odd damage spell.

So when you Fear for example you should be at least able to take out two enemies. That's at least two people who are effectively dead because they'll waste 1-2 turns doing nothing in a game where most combats go for 3 rounds. they become worthless.

Also don't forget Wizards get Arcane Recovery. Even a level 4 Wizards really has +2 level 1 slots.
>>
>>53725165
>>53725170
Playing a debuff wizard doesn't sound very fun though.

Also who are you kidding? I should be able to take out two enemies when I fear someone? That's using my entire turn to cast the spell, then waiting until next turn to use cantrips or a damaging spell, which most likely won't kill something in one go.
>>
>>53725178
A Polymorph into giant ape gives someone 130hp and two pretty good attacks every turn

No fireball is ever going to do anything remotely as useful
>>
>>53725188
You want me to Polymorph an ally into a giant ape.
>>
>>53725127
>>53725136
Wizard is utility. You have the largest spell selection in the game, and you can change prepared spells, wizards are very flexible. When you play wizard, damage is the least of your concerns, because as you said it's minimal. Generally casters are good at multi-target damage with AoEs, while martials are the ones who do single target damage.

As a wizard, though sometimes a fireball is good, you should be using your slots on more useful stuff than damage. Buffs, debuffs, control. I.e. if you're fighting a lot of strong enemies who probably won't go down with a single fireball, Hypnotic Pattern is going to be much more useful.
>>
File: yes and.png (24KB, 201x201px) Image search: [Google]
yes and.png
24KB, 201x201px
>>53725190
>>
>>53725178
Well then you're not a Wizard player. Might I suggest a Light Cleric for a blaster who has armour and HP? They're better if you just want to play the big explosion game.

Wizard's main thing has always been de/buff. If you play them right then they're easy in the top 3 classes in the game and will shit on everyone short of a Bard. If you play them as a damage machine then you're a sack of rocks who isn't very helpful.
>>
>>53725190
Your biggest damage spell is Animate Objects

It's still light years ahead compared to a fireball

Throw 8 spikes on the ground as a free action, animate them, you get 8x thingies attacking at +8 for 1d4+4 each
And they repeat the attack every turn.
They also all get attacks of opportunity.
And if someone casts a fear effect (not you dummy, you're concentrating) or the bard's thingie that makes them move on their turn, they all get to use that attack of opportunity.
>>
>>53725197
Can I cast it on myself?

>>53725198
See now, I always thought Clerics were for healing. I guess I have some incorrect d&d stereotypes in my head.
>>
>>53725221
You can cast Polymorph on yourself but the giant ape (or t-rex at level 9) gets hit all the time so you'll have to keep rolling concentration checks

It's better to do it on somebody else, usually someone who is damaged since you give them an entirely new HP pool
>>
>>53725221
Yeah D&D stereotypes are always fucking wrong.

Clerics aren't healbots, they're generally best as a buffer and supportive damage dealer. Light Clerics are probably the best at laying down good AoE damage with their abilities.

Wizards are hideously powerful but not very flashy. Also them being completely awful at low levels is a joke, they're good at low levels but just sky-rocket when they start getting some of the best Wizard-only spells.

Sorcerers are pretty crap... If you want to play a damage Wizard it's an alright option though.

Bards are basically a Wizard who gives up some spellcasting for real abilities and the ability to steal spells from everyone else.

Druids are really powerful but their spells are situational. When the right situation comes up then Heat Metal is the single best spell in the game for a long time.

Other then that you have Warlocks who are just kinda weird.
>>
Does anyone know if any of the pathfinder adventure paths have been converted to 5e? I'm gm'ing for a bunch of kids at my lgs but I know those little bastards will metagame the shit out of it by since one of them got all the 5e books for his birthday.
>>
>>53725097
Fuck you.
Wizards have spell recovery and learn the largest ammount of spells among all the casters.
>>
>>53723550
>in-depth automation of play
>automatic application of conditions, effects, rolling against AC, dealing damage, healing, doing saving throws
Targeting everything is a bitch.
>just on your attackers token, open his sheet, ctrl-click on all his targets, double-check that your targeting is correct in the target menu, hit the attack, watch as everything happens, then go back and redo half of it because the system doesn't take character reactions or certain passive effects into account and all needs to be adjudicated anyway
>someone invariably gets mad that the computer is rolling automatically for them because obviously they get much better rolls when they input the command themselves
If I'm playing a table game or one on Roll20 and it's the orcs' initiative and they take five attacks against four enemies, we just roll five die and list targets in order and everyone knows if they've been hit or not and damage is already presented in R20 so you can just leave it to the character to adjust their own HP values. I can just click ORC SWORD ATTACK five times, and since memorization of PC AC isn't that hard, I already know who's getting hit, they already know, and they'll just do all that themselves. This was much faster for me than ctrl-clicking to set and clear targets all day.

>selling and dividing loot
Point.
>dividing XP
Anyone not using milestones is a faggot.
>>
Let's say I want to make in-combat healing worthwhile. How do?

Healed characters can spend Hit Die to heal further (possibly as a bonus action)? Only works if they're not coming up from 0?
>>
>>53725457
If I was going to do anything I'd introduce penalties the lower your HP is.

I hate 4e like a lot of people, but having some kind of penalty once you're "Bloodied" (half HP or lower) could work. Needs to be something bad enough to make healing it worth it, but not bad enough to punish people for not being healbots.
>>
>>53725457
>>53725489
What about attackers getting Advantage against you once you're below 1/4 HP?
>>
What's the easiest race to refluff into a dog person?

My younger cousin's birthday is coming up and him and all his furfag friends want someone to DM a game for them.
>>
>>53725457
>>53725489
Use Exhaustion as a base. Definitely don't use the second level because it makes retreating unfeasible, but disadvantage on attacks and ability checks (and maybe something else?) are definitely enough of a penalty to justify healing.
>>
>>53725550
Gnolls exist

You could also just refluff Tabaxi
>>
>>53725550
Gnome
>small
>darkvision, so you can find the perfect spot to lay in the middle of the hallway between the bed and the bathroom at night
>dog cunning, because good boys are too pure to be affected by int, wis, and cha saves
>natural illusionist, so you can blame everything on the cat
>speak with small beasts, because you are one
>>
>>53725583
Gnolls would be perfect, shame they don't have stats yet though. Tabaxi's already being used for his friend who's some gay desert fox thing.

>>53725584
I personally dig it and if I ever get around to making my homebrew setting I've just found a place for Gnomes to fit in.

Have a feeling he'll want to be medium though. I know he plans to be a Strength Battlemaster/Swashbuckler.

I guess I could just use Human stats for him and leave it simple. Maybe Half-Orc would fit? Or even just normal Orcs?
>>
>>53718524
Is there a magic item that works like a town portal in diablo? basically teleporting back to a predetermined teleport circle?
>>
>>53725671
Anything that casts the spell Teleport Circle.
>>
>>53725188
>>53725211
>>53725230
True cheese is polymorphing ally into a Giant Ape with Half-Dragon template. Fireball is cute compare to Young Red Dragon's 16d6 breath weapon.
>>
>>53725671
>just make an item that casts Teleport Circle
You don't need something to be in a book. But if you do, the Conch of Teleportation from Storm King's Thunder is a fucking sea shell that takes everyone to a predetermined location when you toot on it.
>>
>>53725694
>polymorphing ally into a Giant Ape with Half-Dragon template.

I don't get it, what does this mean?
And is it still a beast?
>>
>>53725250
It's not even D&D stereotype isn't it? Cleric in D&D can always melee. It's more like an MMO / JRPG stereotype.
>>
>>53725651
Wow, I thought Gnolls had racial stats somewhere.. dang, someone must have a decent homebrew somewhere. Use Kobold and pull out the Light Sensitivity. I don't know who at Wizards got hurt by kobolds to go so far nerfing them in this edition.

Grovel, Cower and Beg is a great dog person ability and so is Pack Tactics.
>>
>>53725704
https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Half-Dragon%20Template

> A beast, humanoid, giant, or monstrosity can become a half-dragon. It keeps its Statistics, except as follow.....

So yes, it's still a beast.
>>
>>53725724
My DM uses the "you have to have seen it at least once" rule for shapeshifting and polymorph", so unless you've actually seen a Dragonape you wouldn't be able to turn someone into one.
>>
>>53725739
There's that, and the Polymorph spell says nothing about applying non-standard templates.
>>
>>53725739
So he houserule some stuff, since unlike Wildshape, polymorph doesn't have that statement written on it. What else did he house rule?
>>
>>53718909
>>53719923
Vrock is the greed demon, he makes the monkey into an Imp.

Imp flees to harass them later, Vrock fights, as a CR6 creature it should be a robust encounter for level 5 party, may need some extra health or minions.
>>
>>53725754
If you fall to dying you always end up with some kind of permanent scar based on how you went down if you live through it.
>>
>>53725739
What if your character dreamed of a dragonape once?
>>
>>53725754
>Polymorph works on anything you can dream up if you can argue it fits within the CR limit
Let's not.
>>
Is a Dexterity focused Knight a dumb idea?
>>
>>53725699
>>53725688
How expensive would such a thing be? I'm kinda fucking drunk right now so I might be missing the rules for custom magic items. Iff that's the case apologies in advance.
>>
>>53725795
It's kind of a waste of heavy armor proficiency, everything will ignore you dex to AC and has str requirements to wear, also I think the str weapons are generally better since they don't share a stat with AC.
>>
>>53725780
> Trying to limit Wizard power
Enjoy a party full of lucky diviner wishing simulacrum then. They will have their "fun" one way or another.
>>
>>53725811
I'm the DM. If I don't want something to happen, it doesn't happen.
>>
File: 1365375448549.jpg (27KB, 345x395px) Image search: [Google]
1365375448549.jpg
27KB, 345x395px
Why does Rise of Tiamat have so many shit bits in it?

>Visit the Metallic Dragons...er they agree to help you nothing changes
>Visit Thay, hey Thay's cool right...erm its only two pages long go home now
>Random attacks in chapter 5 that you're meant to have been running since chapter 1, basically a page of ideas but they gain a level each time
>>
>>53719619
Same Anon, same here
>>
>>53725795
Not really. Dex is one of the most common saving throw out there.

>>53725810
Not meeting STR requirement for armor only reduce your speed by 10 feet. A mount (he is a knight after all) easily fix this problem.
>>
>>53725818
> God complex DM
Huge red flag. That's why no one play your game anons. and that's why no one let you into their game too.
>>
>>53725810
What? Do you not know how medium armour works man? I imagine he's also going for a sword and board or dual-wielder build which makes his weapon damage the same.

>tr weapons are generally better since they don't share a stat with AC.
Plus what the hell does that mean?

>>53725795
Could be cool, would probably benefit even more then Battle Master from a Swashbuckler dip. Plus a Knight/Swashbuckler conjures amazing thoughts in my head.
>>
>>53725800
A Conch of Teleportation is a Very Rare item. It casts Teleport instead of Teleport Circle, which may or may not be better depending on how much you value instant teleportation of eight willing creatures vs. a 6 second portal through which any number of people can move or be moved through.

Either way, according to the DMG, a Very Rare item is 5k-50k GP. But no one uses these rules. Make it as cheap or expensive as you want.
>>
>>53725839
Not him but, sword and board is okay (because of bonus action shove) but kinda low damage. dual-wielder build is a cuck and having the lowest dpr in the game. At least learn to use a hand crossbow if you want to play a dex-build.
>>
>>53725833
The real red flag here is getting into an internet argument with someone who's ESL. But I'm the DM, so I get to adjudicate the effect of any spells, and I will rein in any wacky antics or abuses my players try to foist onto the game with 7th level spells no one realistically gets to anyway.
>>
>>53725856
It also specifically only teleports you to one location. It's a macguffin for plot hooks, rarity is pointless.
>>
>>53725877
>permanent advantage so you never miss and +2 damage all day from Duelist is low damage
Can we stop this "only GWM/PAM can do damage" meme
>>
>>53725877
Honestly I'd say Knight is the one Fighter who ever has a decent reason to dual-wield. If you go for a pure tank build then getting to give out disadvantage with 3 attacks per round is alright. Shit damage but at that point your role isn't damage.
>>
>>53725894
but anon, i FEEL like GWM is the only way to do damage
i've never played a GWM character in an actual game with actual people in real life or over the internet so i have no idea how it actually works, but i've DREAMED about it so much and let me tell you it's literally the only thing in the game that's useful and all other martial builds are cucks
>>
>>53725878
Enjoy being a cuck DM.
>>
Right guys, it's me, the guy who wants to play a PF psi-user in 5e

I'm trying to port the Contemplative class to a system I still know jackshit about. So apparently you get powers mostly because of class not feats (which are optional?), therefore I'm gonna write it as most staple feats of being a Wilder are part of the class. Tell me, how does THAT sound?

CONTEMPLATIVE WILDER (Caster class)
Psi powers. No components needed whatsoever. Powers are manifested at will by thought alone. Require Power Points (PP). Power points recovered by long rest. Manifesting attribute is WISDOM. Psi powers work in most antimagic fields and can affect supernatural entities such as ghosts. Has psionic focus (standard action to recover if expended).

Starts with 1 talent (cantrip-power) and 1 power. +5 talents or +1 power per level, choice. Powers must be selected and -adapted- from the PF power lists here. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/power-lists/power-list-psion-wilder/

d8 HP, 4d4 x 10 Start Gold, Simple weapons, Light armours, shields.

MEDITATIVE
Contemplative gets to switch new power known every morning when waking up at his leisure.

PUSH BEYOND LIMITS
Contemplative gets to overcharge his powers at the cost of HP.
1st level: +1 Manifester level, 1d8 HP
8th level: +2 Manifester level, 3d8 HP
15th level: +3 Manifester level, 5d8 HP

Contemplative does not lose HP if Power Level is 3 or low.
Costs are calculated along the increase in manifester level.

MIND BLAST
Supernatural kinetic touch attack at cost of psionic focus. 30ft.
1st level: 1d8 DMG
4th level: 2d8 FMG
+3 levels: +1d8 DMG

HEIGHTENED STATE (4th level ability)
When overcharging powers, gain temporary HP equal to class level and +1 AC / Saves for 1 round.
When in that state, more powers overcharge give +1 round duration and cumulative +1 AC / Saves.

PSIONIC MEDITATION (5th level ability)
May recover psionic focus as move action (or whatever you 5e guys call it).
>>
File: 1334461024333.jpg (25KB, 350x354px) Image search: [Google]
1334461024333.jpg
25KB, 350x354px
>>53725914
>>53725833
lmao autism
>>
>>53725914
>guy doesn't let other people walk all over him and have their way with him
>cuck
That's now we know you're ESL.
>>
>>53725915
Dude, why? This is awful and just stop please. Play a class in the PHB and realise not every game is going to be the same shit as PF.
>>
If a PC resists the effects of a suggestion spell do they know that a spell was cast on them?
>>
>>53725894
> permanent advantage
You are not a rogue / barbarian anon. You will fail your shove at some point. And there is still size and reach restriction. And 1d8+2 is still less than 2d6 or 1d10*2.
>>
>>53725915
GREATER OVERCHARGE (9th level)
Expend psionic focus removes additional PP cost due to expanded spending limit from increased manifester level, only leaving the cost of regular power manifesting.

CONTEMPLATIVE KNOWLEDGE (13th level)
13th level: +1 Power Known
17th level: +1 Power Known

And that's it.
So? Is it shit?
>>
>>53723723
You could also argue that grappling or restraining a person would prevent them from using Somatic components, but this comes more to Ad Hoc and possibly houseruling.

Our GM pulls Concentration DC10 to cast while grappled.
>>
>>53725934
You're in a chinese cartoon site anon. Being ESL is way better than being an EoPfag anyway.
>>
>>53725941
I don't see how it's awful. It's like a wizard class, just remade and with different powers.

Of COURSE I don't really know how to adapt it, that's why I'm asking here, you know?
>>
>>53725913
No, you can't polymorph GWM either
>>
New thread when?
>>
Probably a dumb question buuut

If the average damage for a 2d6 is 7, what's the average with the great weapon fighting style and what's the equation to figure it out?
>>
>>53725941
Are you gonna stop whining and actually help him or are you one of these wrongfun badfun types?
>>
>>53725795
Nah.
It's better at dodging magic effects but in turn you have lower damage output.

DEX save are the most common save besides CON saves and WIS saves.
>>
>>53725915
>>53725949
Why not play the mystic?
>>
>>53726116
Well... You don't get to change powers in the morning for one, and you're quite restricted in your choices for two.

With that I'd get to have plenty of cantrips (which are gonna be required for the character's RP) and that BEAUTIFUL power list in any configuration I want.

I've taken a look and it hardly sounds more OP than a wizard. In fact most of what I want to know is if any of what I just wrote sounded game-breaking in any way.
>>
>>53726116
>>53726154
Fuck, True Strike as a CANTRIP? Fire bolt that does 1d10 damage?

Psionic equivalent is, True Strike's a Level 1 Power, and Energy splash does 1-2 damage. That's ridiculous, haha.
>>
>>53725856
>>53725893
I want it for a westmarches game to explain why the group always returns to town at the end of the session.
>>
How do you calc exp for a completely homebrewed encounter? Is there a chart showing off what's considered a lot/little exp for a level?
>>
>>53726434
Use the CR for the creatures.
>>
File: flip-flap.jpg (82KB, 500x567px) Image search: [Google]
flip-flap.jpg
82KB, 500x567px
guys, i got D&D in 2 hours and my bard went from 9 to 10th level and used downtime to jump to 11 for tier 3 adventure league fun. Gimme 2 spells a bard can best use from his Magical secrets ability (2 spells from any class, just have to be high enough level to cast them, so at level 10 it would have been up to 5th level spells).

Help!
>>
>>53726522
Bigby's Hand.
>>
>>53726565
Quickly before we all go down with the ship!
>>
>>53724995
Death god who hates undead as they are an ambomination to death.
Thread posts: 409
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.