[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm building a European fantasy setting. I got the idea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1127.jpg (36KB, 300x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1127.jpg
36KB, 300x310px
I'm building a European fantasy setting. I got the idea to take East Asian beliefs and use Western beliefs to fill the niches to create something new.

The setting has a social system based on Plato's philosophy, magic is primarily Hermetic, and the wider metaphysical outline of the setting is Christian.

What I'm pondering is what would be western analogues to the 8 immortals?
>>
sounds gay

Makes me wish sage was still a thing
>>
>>53716088
Kill yourself, my man.
>>
>>53716115
Yeah. I would reincarnate or something
>>
>>53716088
Just don't answer or tell him why you think it's bad.
Both are good but posting just to say it sucks and hope to sage it is stupid.
>>
>>53715828
Maybe they're saints?
You could do the catholic pseudo-polytheism
>>
>>53716088
Sage still works, newfag pretending to be an oldfag.
>>
>>53716208
That or just bait
>>
>>53715828
Use the nine worthies.
>>
>>53715828
Some Saints are litteraly considered lesser gods in many christian religions, especially the one like Maria.
>>
File: IMG_1164.jpg (71KB, 300x421px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1164.jpg
71KB, 300x421px
>>53716173
I'm already using Catholic-Orthodox saints to fill the role of Boddhisattavas.

The Immortals come from Taoism. I was thinking of using the idea of a magus who has achieved henosis.
>>53716272
Definitely had this in mind too.

The 8 immortals represent each part of life in imperial Chinese society. Male, female, young, old, low status, high status, etc.
>>
>>53716208
You can't still kill threads with it though.
>>
>>53715828
So Star Wars?
>>
>>53717023
You mean a carbon copy of the hero's journey by Campbell sprinkled with poorly referenced 70's mysticism? Go somewhere
>>
>>53716853
Saging was always an option to answer to a thread without bumping it, even on 2chan.
You never could kill a thread with it, even if technically you are reducing the lifespan of the thread.
>>
>>53717072
way back in the early days there was a set number of sages a thread could get before it went into autosage and fell off the board. that was back when sagebombing was a thing
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.