[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Fantasy setting with knights and stuff. >A whole continent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

>Fantasy setting with knights and stuff.
>A whole continent is too big for me.

Could many city-states, spread across a territory of the size of france +germany, fulfill the same role? Or would that look stupid?

How could I justify that they all have a similar culture?
>>
>>53712241
It could work. Kinda reminds me of the holds and the way TES games are divvied up, if Skyrim was the whole world instead of part of Cyrodil.

As for a similar culture, it's just because of proximity, common languages, and things like that. If they're close enough together, of course they'd have a similar culture.

I'll need more to go on to make sure your setting isn't too bad, but it seems fine to me atm.
>>
>>53712451
*Tamriel, not Cyrodil, before some TES nerd gets pissed at me. I'm tired and didn't catch the mistake before I posted.
>>
>>53712241
>Could many city-states, spread across a territory of the size of france +germany, fulfill the same role? Or would that look stupid?
>How could I justify that they all have a similar culture?

why wouldn't they have a similar culture? it's not a huge area.
>>
>>53712504
I disagree. It is kinda huge, especially for city-states.
>>
>>53713715
the greeks colonised city-states all around the med and even the black sea

if you throw some water into the mix it becomes easier to imagine
>>
File: C.jpg (316KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
C.jpg
316KB, 1024x768px
>>53713883
Kinda like this?
>>
>>53715632
Have a look at greece on a map and tell us what you see

It's more about islands
>>
>>53715632
ccut some parts out and add some islands senpai, bonus points if you include the knights of st john from malta but reskinned, special bonus points if you get the pcs to lift the great siege of 1565
>>
>>53712241

Why not say these city states have a long history of trade, conflicts, and uniting against common threats and for common goals that their cultures became similar? Or at one point it was one giant unified nation until the king died and the generals dived up the land and that's how you got your city states?
>>
>>53712241
External threat and stability alliance held together by a series of tournaments and guild expositions so nobles can get better quality goods via sharing and competing, rather than war.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.