[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /tg/. DM for a group here. Gonna be running a couple of my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 4196-13008-11626.png (405KB, 761x1005px) Image search: [Google]
4196-13008-11626.png
405KB, 761x1005px
Sup /tg/. DM for a group here. Gonna be running a couple of my normie friends through a DnD game soon-ish. The issue is that one of them doesn't "get" roll20 and wants to know if there's anything simpler while also keeping the free pricetag. I heard that there was a way to crack Fantasy Grounds II or something, but I can't find any information on that. Is it still a thing or is there anything better and not too complicated for a girl who's deepest foray into complicated fantasy RPG's was Skyrim.
>>
>>53711695
>simpler than roll20
you have a fucktarded friend
there is no fixing that
>>
>>53711724
I get that. But she means well and she's showing interest in it at least. Shouldn't I at least have an obligation to see if I can make it easy on her?
>>
>>53711695
>he issue is that one of them doesn't "get" roll20 and wants to know if there's anything simpler while also keeping the free pricetag.
IRC
>>
OSR is simpler than contemporary D&D, if that helps.
>>
>>53711695
There's IRC, but that has no maps. Discord might work, but same problem

Why not walk her through using roll20? What doesn't she "get"?
>>
>>53711987
>Discord might work
discord is far simpler
use discord op
>>
File: 1447700329821.jpg (80KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1447700329821.jpg
80KB, 700x700px
>>53711793
>she
There you go
>>
>playing online
Why even bother at that point? Half the fun is hanging out IRL.
>>
>>53711695
There's only 2 things a player in roll20 has to understand. How to roll dice (takes all of 8 seconds to learn), and how to use the functions of a character sheet that has integrated features and where everything is located on it (can take a few minutes or somewhat longer depending on the character sheet).
Typing /r for rolls and /em for emotes is pretty straightforward and has zero learning curve.

Now roll20 has a bit of a learning curve and isn't perfect and has it's issues, particularly with voice but it's recommended you use mumble or discord or something else for the voice part, but most of that is only really for the GM.

If this person honestly can't handle it, then online rpgs really aren't for them. They're not for everyone. Maybe try candy crush.
>>
>>53711695
Honestly, all the anons are right here. She sounds like she completely lacks basic reading comprehension. There's nothing to not "get" about roll20 since the most complicated thing you'll see is a copy of a character sheet from the game you're playing. I can't think of anything simpler than basic /actions and a character sheet laid out for you to edit digitally.
>>
Just use mythweavers for the character sheet and be done with it.
>>
File: serious doubt.jpg (16KB, 200x303px) Image search: [Google]
serious doubt.jpg
16KB, 200x303px
>>53713875
>risking character sheets to get deleted randomly and without notice
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.