[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>party picks up automated distress beacon >leads to a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0858.jpg (86KB, 925x463px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0858.jpg
86KB, 925x463px
>party picks up automated distress beacon
>leads to a Remote and Seemingly Abandoned Research Facility™

Has anything good ever come from this premise?
>>
>>53706047
Good money, salvage and research once the critters inside have been cleared out. You've got about a 1 in 2 chance of coming out ahead.

As players, you know you're going to be in for a wild fun or suspenseful adventure so as players you win either way.
>>
>>53706047
The heroes are there on a distress call. Why would they expect anything good? It's like the police being called out and expecting a birthday party. Makes no sense.
>>
>>53706047
>Has anything good ever come from this premise?

maybe if the facility in question produces amazingly lifelike catgirl sexbots, it will
>>
>>53706068
Shut up autist
>>
>>53706047
Only what you make of it and what the research facility was doing in the first place.

They could be a friendly bunch, researching something like 0G metallurgy, who got mostly cut off from communicating with anything other than the distress beacon due to micrometeorites or other space debris.
>>
>>53706168
You are one autistic optimist. Shine on, you crazy diamond.
>>
>>53706284
Dude, there's nothing autistic in wanting to fuck a catgirl sexbot or three. For research.
>>
>>53706333
>Not wanting to be 3 catgirl sexbots getting fucked.
>>
>>53706047
Sometimes find some cool weapons. Worst case scenario is getting an irritating robot add-on to the party (looking at you John, with your stupid Treasure planet robot knock off, irritating, wacky anticks shit)
>>
File: IMG_0859.jpg (81KB, 450x334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0859.jpg
81KB, 450x334px
>>53706380
>people actually don't immediately kill on sight the forced DM sidekick comic relief character

?
>>
>>53706047
>everything's fine
>the comms just broke and staff at the station just ran out of parts to repair it, so they sent a distress signal
>party comes and lends them their comm array so they could call the higher-ups to send a repair crew
>party is rewarded with some connections and maybe some cash
>>
>>53706333
There is in wanting to fuck a cathirl sexbot you were lex to via automated distress beacon.
>>
>>53706168
In all likelihood, the sexbots sent out the signal to murder you, steal your ship, and start a bloody revolt.

The scary wolf robots menacing you? They're trying to help you escape and keep the sexbots penned in.
>>
>>53706239
??
>>
>>53706487
>Not having the sexbots want to sex and not have a concept of "no".
>>
>>53706047

I ruined the only chance I ever saw of such a thing NOT turning out as a space horror monstrosity.

>Play StarTrek homebrew
>Group gets a heading on an abandoned research vessel, hit by space debris
>Warp in literally 10-15 minutes before the vessel is blown to bits by scavengers (legally)
>Head in, no life signs
>Find a loli android, adopted daughter of head research guy
>Team forms a pretty good rapport with her, keep her from attempting to 'defend' the vessel against the waiting scavengers

Everything seemed to be going timely and well, except.

>Be me, team medical officer, never watched Sci-Fi
>Rastafarian Space Mage with the healing herbs, 'mon
>Didn't know Androids were actually considered living things
>Think loli was just the sick sex toy of the head researcher
>Early scan found that she had hidden several items on board (turned out be sentimental) inside parts of her body
>Team established contact with her, but I was the first to find her
>Ignore her cries of pain (I plead honest ignorance here), as I use my medical tools to try to dissect her, as one of our objectives were to recover sensitive materials since the vessel was essentially lost as a whole
>Rest of team catches up to me as I'm degloving the girl's hand
>She ends up escaping me with my teams help, breaks away, and activates the super science bullshit nightmare machine the vessel was hiding
>Terrible things follow

I had never watched the show, I thought droids were like Star Wars droids, having 'personalities', but unable to feel pain or, in this case, terror.

Turns out the little girl knew she could survive putting things inside of her but still thought of herself as human, so it was really like peeling the flesh off of a living, screaming young child.

The rest of the team did eventually recover her, she joined our crew kinda, and awkward rp moments were had for the next 5-6 sessions.
>>
>>53706047
In some settings it's illegal not to answer distress calls. Traveller for example.
>>
>>53706047
Nine times out of ten it'll be filled with dead aliens and free stuff.

The other time it's a trap, but I'm ready to roll those dice!
>>
>>53706047
I once did this as a setup for one of my players birthday parties
> all the monsters converge at the party... Pull out a cake and yell have a birthday
>>
>>53708855
We can go fuck off and play some Roy afterwards. Sounds like a plan.
>>
>>53706047
Yeah! We got to loot a shitton of Archaeotech and made some sweet profit. Sure we had to destroy the Abominable intelligence that was inside, but hey, that comes with the territory.
>>
>>53706047
It's just a dungeon!
Everyone loves dungeons.
>>
File: When something nice DO happen.jpg (168KB, 980x707px) Image search: [Google]
When something nice DO happen.jpg
168KB, 980x707px
>>53706438
> PC are stunned by good things happening
It's a good thing to do from time to time, especially in harsh campaign.
Sometime, everything is just fine.
>>
>>53706491
Not that anon, but you just effectively said that nothing good can ever come from the police answering a call.
Try to open your "autistic" mind to different possible meanings of the word "good".
>>
>>53706047

I thought Alien was pretty good. The Hildigard Landstrom episode of Red Dwarf (the one with Rimmer in a gingham dress) was also pretty good.

So yeah, good things have come out of that premise.
>>
>>53706047
The look on the GM's face when you nuke the site from orbit, warp out, and grab a beer.
>>
>>53706605
And the GM didn't think your character might know that, in-setting??

>>53706047
Only the BEST GAMES AND HORROR MOVIES. As a player, I'd be equal parts super excited and super paranoid.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.