[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 355
Thread images: 57

File: savinggrasp.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
savinggrasp.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
In the Nick of Time Edition

Previous Thread: >>53674640

NEWS

>Commander 2017 Spoilers
http://mythicspoiler.com/c17/index.html

>Latest Commander Ban Announcement
http://mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18588

>Latest MTGO Banlist Update
http://wizardsmtgo.tumblr.com/post/160343614814/update-mtgo-commander

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>/tg/ EDH General Discord
https://discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

THREAD QUESTION

What's you best top deck story?
>>
>>53696591
>thread question

Some dude was going to completely destroy our board the next turn and I had a big board with beaters ready to kill someone but only 4 lands (forests). I decide to genesis wave for 1
top deck a cauldron of souls and when he wipes the board the turn after, I trigger cauldron, get all my creatures and their triggers back and it was basically gg
>>
>>53696689
woops i meant I also had dorks to tap with
>>
>>53696689
>genesis wave for 1
>cauldron of souls

your friend lost because you both can't read
>>
File: Image.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>53696591
Ok, i have an idea.

A EDH tokens deck with mycoloth. you take doubling season and parallel lives in it, and you have some cards that make tokens to annoy everyone else

and with mycoloth, DS, And parrallel lives to help flood the board with creatures. and maybe you could get some more devour creatures thrown in the mix

its a fledgling idea but it could work.
>>
>>53696789
I too would like to start with a single card out of my entire 99 card library in my hand every game.
>>
>>53696820
oh, fair point.
>>
Is ixidor competitive in well tuned playgroup? I just want to morph shit.
>>
>>53696789
is it summer already?
>>
>>53696884
Obviously not.
>>
>>53696591
>What's you best top deck story?
>playing 5c basic land is only lands deck
>playing against ultra tuned meren, prossh and oloro decks
>somehow got to midgame (this deck has absolutely no play against those decks normally)
>oloro goes to Armageddon
>welp there goes my whole game
>may as well blind flop top because I have a mountain and a plains untapped
>flop into a boros charm
>win 2 turns later by rite of repping a gay merchant of ass fondle
>>
>>53696789
Okay better yet: once you have all those tokens, use a super secret tech card known as Craterhoof Behemoth. I don't think it's ever been done before, but it might just work
>>
>>53696884
Well you're in mono-u so it depends on how much you want to blue all over the place as the morphs aren't competitive in the slightest.
>>
File: 29.jpg (75KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
29.jpg
75KB, 312x445px
>Have a favorite magic artist
>95% of cards he did the artwork for is completely unplayable garbage
>>
File: desertion.png (138KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
desertion.png
138KB, 223x311px
>>53697324
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&artist=+[%22Richard%20Kane%20Ferguson%22]

A lot of it IS crap, but there's some fun tech that bears his art.
>>
File: 1487949418812.gif (3MB, 740x416px) Image search: [Google]
1487949418812.gif
3MB, 740x416px
>>53697324
>wanted to get my foil Tomorrow signed by Christopher Rush
>he's fucking dead
>>
>>53696591
Mindslaver, against Selenia with Near-Death Experience and Wall of Blood in play
>>
>>53696884
If you want morphs, Animar makes for a particularily interesting morph general since his ability lowers morph cost
>>
>>53697576
>morph cost
And by morph cost I of course meant the 3 mana to play the morph, not the flipping one
>>
File: 1495206390468.png (340KB, 858x360px) Image search: [Google]
1495206390468.png
340KB, 858x360px
>>53697412
>>
>>53696591
Gitrog monster is on the ropes. The king is dead, I've taken enough commander damage from Skullbriar that another touch will end me, and the only thing keeping any of this in check is my Tainted Aether. I have one or two turns to live depending on how much Skullbriar values versus hates the Aether.

The topdeck: Constant Mists. With Rites of Flourishing and Azusa on the field that one card lets me stave off the barbarians at the gates almost indefinitely, and certainly long enough to pull Smokestack and start really causing a reduction in the ongoing threat. Everyone else scooped after, near the end of a long smokestack slide, Depala kicked Smokestack from 2 to 4 with proliferate and I managed to math it out so that I could keep it going for one turn that way and make everybody sac 5 more.
>>
>>53697576
>>53697604
... and he's in color to run Ixidor, the Facedown-Tribal effects from Tarkir, and Skirk Alarmist for the heck of it.

If you design this one and don't call it "Animorphs" at least on tappedout, you need to correct that mistake.
>>
>>53696789
What you're looking for as Ghave. White gives you Anointed Procession and Academy Rector, black gives you tutors, Winding Constrictor, and Corpsejack Menace.
>>
What are some fun things in G/U to spend infinite mana on?
>>
File: Image (6).jpg (22KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (6).jpg
22KB, 223x310px
>>53697324
>Have a favorite Magic artist
>he's a white supremacist nutter who wants to fuck his mother
>>
>>53698294
>that tfw when no cool whip forest
>>
>>53698284
Thrasios.
>>
>>53698322
Fits my theme well. Prime Speaker Sea Monsters.
>>
>>53698284
Marjhan fits sea monster theme with it's great art and pings the whole board with infinite mana
>>
File: 1429810599126.jpg (33KB, 336x327px) Image search: [Google]
1429810599126.jpg
33KB, 336x327px
>>53698294
My favorite fog.

>>53698320
My favorite fog's new name.
>>
So I want to do a Nin deck. I want stuffy doll in there but what else should I throw in? I know there are some fun things I can do with izzet colors
>>
>>53698646
Invoke the Firemind.
>>
>>53696591
>playing jor
>about to win with a crapload of myr tokens, opponent is on 10hp with not enough blockers to stop me
>he ends his turn with no answer
>my turn, my own omen machine triggers, top deck was chain reaction wiping my entire board
>opponent drops a game ending combo next turn and wins
>post game i look through my library, the only spell in my deck that would have made me lose was chain reaction

Why post about your best topdeck when you can post your worst
>>
File: staffofnin.png (116KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
staffofnin.png
116KB, 223x311px
>>53698646
>>
should i build ayli or maze teysa?
>>
>>53700235
Do you already have an Aetherflux Resevoir?
>>
>>53700235
Ayli seems like its playstyle would be more unique. Pick up a serra ascendant and play ayli
>>
>>53700353
nope

>>53700418
this one i do from a retired modern deck
>>
>>53700235
Alyi's nice if you want to slot in a Black Sac shell with your life gain.
>>
>>53696884
It's not a competitive deck. Everyone knows. But it does something or it just slugs around whie everybody is having fun? I want to build it, it's different from the usual Mono-Blue.
>>
>>53698646
Well-Laid Plans
>all your creatures are immune to Nin, but you still draw cards
>you screw with your opponents as an added benefit
Kefnet, the Mindful
>indestructible, free pings and easy to turn on
Threaten effects
>steal a dude, blast their dude, draw cards

Eh, nothing competitive, but might be fun.
>>
>>53696591
Like every other topdeck story:

I was about to lose, I top decked a tutor, I tutored for cyclonic rift, I won.
>>
>>53700455
K run stuff like suntitan and oreskos explorer, ayli can keep them from getting exiled and you can tempo over people while stealing all their with serra ascendant and cards like blind obedience life.
>>
>>53700552
their life*
>>
File: tumblr_nskofsvIZm1r3bmeoo1_500.jpg (196KB, 500x693px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nskofsvIZm1r3bmeoo1_500.jpg
196KB, 500x693px
>>53698152
Sidar Kondo with Kydele make amazing partners for a Morph Tribal.
>>
>>53700525
>not tutoring Scrambleverse
>>
>>53696591
The table had just been yosei locked, but this was turn 1 of the lock, and the way it was set up after this, yosei wouldn't have been in the graveyard on our turns. While everyone was scooping up I said "just wait til my turn, I might topdeck bojuka bog"
I slam down the bog and we all had a laugh. I didn't wind up winning that game, but neither did the yosei lock guy.

Other than that, there is a running joke that chaos warp is useless since at least once a night it gets someone back the exact same permanent that was warped away
>>
>want to build wort channel fireball
>already have omnath of rage
>90% if the cards are the same
Do I buy a new deck or take apart omnath?
>>
/EDH/

Say you're playing against another player who has a competitive deck (Rafiq or something) to use in Archenemy.

1.) What deck would you use?
2.) What two commanders would you want on your team? (assuming the decks were built well and competently played)

My answers
1.) I'd use my Experiment Kraj +1/+1 counter combo deck for infinite damage, turns and draws.
2.) I'd want Atraxa to proliferate my things and give Persist to my team.
3.) Krenko because I could borrow the Goblin creation ability with Kraj and clones, or I could untap Krenko a bunch and let the mono red player run his face over while keeping counters up.
>>
>>53700799
>Rafiq
>competitive
hahawhat?
>>
>>53696591
Razor Barrier or Avoid Fate are awesome save cards.
>>
>>53700918
Rafiq used to be one of the best voltron decks possible for edh.
>>
>>53701143
So one of the best possible options for the worst possible strategy.
>>
>>53700799
I'd probably grab Gitrog Monster, though I might have to retool it to be less staxy. I'd want on my team Baral Counterspell Tribal (Or GAAIV Counterspell Tribal) and Gay Kangz Group Hug
>>
>>53701163
The idea is to get in an unblockable ohko from double strike with too many ways to protect rafiq.
>>
>>53701318
Yeah. It's a dumb idea.
>>
just won my first game with my Aurelia deck. wanna hear my story?
>>
>>53701392
yes
>>
Ok, here goes:
> Up against Damia, Circu, and Scion of the Ur Dragon
> Go last and mull to 5 (over Cockatrice btw)
> spend first turns setting up board states with mana rocks and outpost siege (amazing card advantage)
> Circu player annoys everyone with mill, gets killed with an army of 5/5 dragons.
>I play Wrath of God to take care of said dragons.
> I play Aurelia, then play the second mode of Boom/Bust to blow up everyone's lands.
> Scion player Plays Cyclonic Rift in response to MLD and cleans the board.
> Scion player then drops the game, leaving Me and Damia.
> Spend a few more turns building back up, Damia player activating Top all the while.
> Eventually win with Auelia and friends smashing face into a depleted board.

MLD is neat.
>>
>>53701392
I'd want to see the decklist first, before determining if your story is worth hearing. Aurelia decks can be amazing, or they can be the most bog standard thing imaginable. Few people realize the true strength of an aurelia deck isn't the combat zone.
>>
>>53701727

>Few people realize the true strength of an aurelia deck isn't the combat zone.

Go on...
>>
>>53702346
Aurelia untaps all of your creatures. She lets you double up on tap cost activated abilities. Red and White have some of the most efficient and powerful effects of this kind.
>>
>>53701332
Early edh philosophy has that problem yeah.
>>
File: 1473200548490.jpg (28KB, 600x549px) Image search: [Google]
1473200548490.jpg
28KB, 600x549px
>guy: "I really hate netdecks. People should have some creativity"
>he then pulls out Ishai/Reyhan
>oh cool i bet it's +1/+1 counter shenanigans
>it's literally every single tutor ever printed with flash hulk and boonweaver as the win cons. also features time twister, mana drain, and ABU duals
>>
>>53702741

Nice made up story, it has a good plot
>>
Quick question since I don't remember the specifics about the change to indestructible. If I Gift of Tusks my opponents attacking Gideon, can I kill it then or does that card still have indestructible?
>>
>>53700794
nah just swap a few cards so you can just have him as an alt commander. both ramp i'd imagine and fireball is always a good finisher.
>>
>>53702741
Play containment priest and play better counters. Dont get mad at proxy kids because they arent afraid to use good cards.
>>
>>53703086
Omnath is tribal as fuck, The only fireball I run is an elemental even.
>>
>>53703064
Yes, I believe so.
>>
>>53703064
Indestructible is a static ability, just like flying is. Turning it into an elephant lets you kill it in the traditional ways.
>>
>>53702741
I never really understood why some people hate on netdecks so much. I mean, I could see it if there was one deck that just dominated everything to the point that there was no use playing against it. But that's about it.

I will say that coming up with a deck on your own that performs well is a wonderful feeling.
>>
>>53702741
What is this boonweaver combo that people complain about? Isn't Auratouched Mage just a better version of Boonweaver Giant?
>>
>>53703130
I think he is upset not because the guy ran good cards, but because his opponent made a big stink about being original, then proceeded to play a normal flash hulk list with maybe half a dozen unique cards.

I don't know how you could miss the hypocrisy.
>>
>>53703547
People say whatever they want to get aggro off their deck, his fault for falling for it.
>>
File: (you).gif (415KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
(you).gif
415KB, 480x238px
>>53703517

>Auratouched Mage

From deck

>Boonweaver

hand deck or gy
>>
File: Image.png (108KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
108KB, 223x311px
I'm making my first EDH from scraps of packs/pre-releases. Using pic related with some angels and low cost creatures with similar attributes. I've been trying to find cards that make more tokens, any recommendations?
>>
>>53703699

https://edhrec.com/commanders/odric-lunarch-marshal
>>
>>53703699
Anointed Procession from Amonkhet
>>
>>53703560
Anon, that behavior is not normal.

Also, you can have a powerful deck that isn't a cookie cutter version of a deck popular across multiple formats, so I think it has nothing to do with the power. If that guy did that to me I would definitely call him out on it Then I would beat him because all my decks have answers to flash hulk
>>
>>53703733
Thanks!
>>53703734
Already picked up. Good suggestion though.
>>
>>53703517
Boonweaver Giant searches the grave as well.
Boonweaver for Pattern of Rebirth. Sac Boonweaver, Pattern of Rebirth searches out Karmic Guide which returns Boonweaver which returns Pattern of Rebirth. Sac Boonweaver, Pattern of Rebirth searches out Saffi, sac Saffi targeting Karmic Guide, sac Karmic Guide, Karmic Guide comes back, brings back Boonweaver, brings back Pattern of Rebirth, sac Boonweaver, Pattern of Rebirth searches out Reveillark, sac Reveillark to bring back Saffi and Karmic Guide, Karmic Guide brings back Boonweaver...
You have a couple of options to kill everyone. Altar of Dementia works as a sac outlet and mills everyone out, Blood Artist+sac outlet kills everyone, and there are plenty of other similar effects. Or, if you don't think you can do any of that, just grab an Eidolon of Rhetoric and laugh at everyone else.
>>
>>53703547
this guy gets it
>>
>>53696591
Easily when I hit an All Is Dust late-game, animated all my artifacts with Karn and beat the shit out of everyone for the win
>>
hey /edhgen/, I'm wondering if there's any spicy tech for a Mina + Den landfall deck (with angry Omnath as secret commander)? Current includes are a bunch of elf mana dorks to get out my elementals as fast as possible, parallel lives, Titania, blade of selves, etc. not Doubling season because I'm not willing to pay $120 kangaroo dollars for one.
I know it would work better with Omnath as the commander but one friend already has an Omnath deck and I don't like doubling up on commanders because I'm autistic.
>>
>>53696591
>Playing Sakashima Clone Tribal against Jor Kadeen and Kalemne
>Jor Kadeen ramps super early and sets up an impressive board around turn 6
>I am stuck on 4 lands with no creatures; Kalemne player still ramping
>Jor Kadeen's turn 7 spent on attacking me and the Kalemne player, taking away half of our health
>I topdeck a land, play it as my fifth, then pass the turn
>Kalemne couldn't set up board but doesn't scoop
>Jor Kadeen swings all of his creatures onto the Kalemne player to take him out
>I topdeck Reins of Power and win out of nowhere
>>
>>53697324
His Korlash artwork takes a big fat dump all over Daarken's though so it's fine

Also that's some deluxe taste in MTG artists you got there
>>
>>53704012
The red and green Hideaway lands are great for Mina and Denn. Tutoring for these lands are pretty easy for RG, too.
>>
I want to build with a beatdown deck using the Partners. Flankman and Mustache feel like the best for this
>>
>>53704012
My secret tech is sorrows path and vigor. Sorrows path can be a dead land but ive won with the combat trick.
>>
>>53704138
Ooh that's a good one, thanks
>>
>>53704138
I don't get it
>>
>>53704328
I think it's that he can warp around blockers, and take 2, but vigor goes up by 2 for each creature you control. And they're safe to swap blockers with whoever
>>
>>53704328
Sorrows path works as a combat math shit storm simulator, it makes it so any time an opponent dares use two blockers I can spend life to force bad blocks and thus force past damage and minimize losses. The vigor removes the situational sac outlet quality and converts it to "I win combat" while also representing at least 9 damage in an omnath deck.
>>
Can anyone recommend a mono-white commander for a player who usually hates playing mono-white? What are some good commanders that don't rely on making weenies? I already have a few token decks and don't really want another. I was kind of looking at something to possibly do with angels. I know it's a pretty broad question but any recommendations are appreciated.

>>53696591
Not exactly a top deck but still dumb luck. Was playing Yidris Mill/Wheel and it was down to me and a friend playing a stompy Mayael deck. I was down to Yidris as my only creature and pretty much fucked next turn unless I could get rid of his library. He was down to like 20-some cards left. I had Altar of the Brood out from last turn and an Army of the Damned in hand. Figured I could at least hit him with Yidris and hope to cascade into something good. Hit him, cast Army of the Damned. Flip through a few lands before hitting Ghastly Conscription. Get 15 Manifest tokens, he mills 15 thanks to Altar. Army resolves, he mills another 13 and RIP library.
>>
>>53701727

// 100 Maindeck
// 19 Artifact
1 Boros Signet
1 Ichor Wellspring
1 Mycosynth Wellspring
1 Sword of Vengeance
1 Lightning Greaves
1 Rogue's Gloves
1 Argentum Armor
1 Sunforger
1 Sword of the Animist
1 Loxodon Warhammer
1 Staff of Nin
1 Sol Ring
1 Mind Stone
1 Everflowing Chalice
1 Star Compass
1 Mind's Eye
1 Coldsteel Heart
1 Wayfarer's Bauble
1 Fire Diamond

// 19 Creature
1 Aurelia, the Warleader
1 Boros Reckoner
1 Goblin Welder
1 Solemn Simulacrum
1 Firemane Avenger
1 Sram, Senior Edificer
1 Godo, Bandit Warlord
1 Brimaz, King of Oreskos
1 Mother of Runes
1 Sun Titan
1 Karmic Guide
>>
>>53704961
Play boros or selesnya
>>
File: file.png (194KB, 498x278px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
194KB, 498x278px
> got into commander a couple years ago
>always sorta cycling through one crappy deck to another before finally putting together a jund token deck
>it's a match made in heaven and i'm in love with it.
>board wipes and spot removal can eat my ass.
>altar of dementia i pulled from a conspiracy pack ages ago puts in work.
>looking for upgrades and there's so much value possabilities it's making my head spin.

i need help /tg/ i'm addicted and i think i finally found my commander that really fits me. the problem is it's more the deck that fits me than the commander I currently have the shattergang brothers as my commander, i have sek'kuar as an alternative but he works off nontokens. I hear you guys complain that prossh is degenerate but i'm not sure who would be a good alternative for a token deck. I mean, he makes tokens. any ideas or spicy tech guys?
>>
>>53704961
Akroma could work. Mono-white without weenies leaves you with angels as the next most powerful/plentiful theme (to the best of my knowledge at least).

But she would be pretty voltrony if you want her to be relevant outside of being mono-white.
>>
>>53705078
I see nothing wrong with putting Prossh in there. You could also include Kresh, but "big beat stick commander" doesn't always work the best and that's pretty much all Kresh is useful for.
>>
>>53705078
tana and vialsmasher
>>
Hokori stax

Shut everybody down, MLD + trinisphere and stuff like that, also spirit of the labyrinth and rest in peace and rule of law type stuff so nobody can really do anything broken.

I like to use planeswalkers as a wincon because they don't die to most board wipes and they allow to acrue steady advantage on the table while everybody is limited on mana by your stax

Artifact mana is always important in stax, and it goes great with sun Titan which is also recurring trinispheres and hatebears
>>
>>53705078
Prossh is only as degenerate as you want him to be. He's as vulnerable to disruption as any other sacrifice deck, and not running Food Chain limits his degeneracy.
>>
>>53705267
I have the same deck menatlity to my boros deck. You get way better card advantage and red walkers are good.
>>
>>53705078
Second >>53705155

Shattergang is cool too, but meh. There's also the new cat dragon jund legend that occasionally makes tokens, if that's your speed
>>
File: Sek'Kuar, Deathkeeper_C13.jpg (273KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
Sek'Kuar, Deathkeeper_C13.jpg
273KB, 672x936px
>>53705078
This guy exists too. And personally, I like xira arien for your deck, just because she potentially can fuel your deck
>>
>>53705523
He literally put Sek'kuar in his post.
>>
File: Wasitora-Nekoru-Queen.png (252KB, 350x403px) Image search: [Google]
Wasitora-Nekoru-Queen.png
252KB, 350x403px
>>53705561
My bad, that's what I get for skimming.

Yeah, honestly maybe consider the jund cat dragon spoiler.
>>
File: 1493788538394.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
1493788538394.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
>tfw fireheart will never be a commander
>>
>>53705078
just swap the commander out between games and causally tell everyone or let them know you're playing the same deck
that way they know you're not just running some t1 "competitive" food chain deck when you swap in prossh
>>
File: burning-hole-my-pocket-2-3994460.jpg (240KB, 960x1300px) Image search: [Google]
burning-hole-my-pocket-2-3994460.jpg
240KB, 960x1300px
>newfag to commander. Played for about 4 years but never liked the idea of 100 singleton decks.
>mfw bought the anthology because it looks like a good deal. At the very least I have something to play with friends because not everyone is in the same formats.
>mfw realizing each deck needs a proper deck box ($24), double sleeves (30 for inner sleeves, 30 for outer) for a total of 85 bucks in supplies
>mfw the more I reflect the more I've always wanted to play big flashy bombs for low cost even back in my yugioh days. Namely angels, meaning Kaalia is going to get upgraded with all the cost it comes with it.
>And Maren because I like reanimating too
I feel like I just did a head dive into a slippery slope leading to the abyss.
>>
>>53705805
>tfw you blaze while you blaze
deep
>>
>>53706090
If you're gonna go with Kaalia, make sure you have more ways to drop those bombs than just hard casting and her. Most people are aware of her shenanigans and will deal with her the minute she comes out.

I'd suggest reanimator subtheme.
>>
>>53706090
Welcome to edh, the bottom of the hole is the limit of your imagination.
>>
>>53706090
>each deck needs a proper deck box ($24), double sleeves (30 for inner sleeves, 30 for outer) for a total of 85 bucks in supplies
Wait, what? What kind of deck box costs that much? What sleeves are you buying? I paid 2,50€ for hundred inner sleeves and 6€ for hundred dragon shield sleeves. Am I missing something? Are you talking about Canadian dollars or Australian dollarydoos?
>>
>>53706411
He is talking about total costs, so 4 deck boxes, 400 inner sleeves, 400 outer sleeves.

IMHO those decks aren't worth double sleeving though.
>>
>>53704961
Avacyn is arguably the most powerful monowhite commander. Turns all of your wipes into asymmetrical ones.
>>
There was a Circu infinite to mill everyone, right? What was it?
>>
>>53706782
At least one with Cavern Harpy and Aluren, but Aluren doesn't fit in Circu deck
>>
>>53706782
Circu + Omniscience + 2 creatures that bounce something is the only thing I can think of off the top of my head unless you're thinking of an infinite that uses something more specific than omniscience.
>>
What are some cool combos with worldgorger dragon? They dont have to be instawin
>>
>>53706782
Palinchron + High Tide
>>53707291
Animate Dead + Worldgorger dragon gives you infinite flickering of your entire board, just make sure you have something else in your graveyard or else the game ends in a stalemate.
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
>>53707291
Animate Dead, Necromancy, Dance of the Dead, and Oblivion Ring all start the combo.

Ambassador Laquatus and Oona are some ways to sink the mana to win.
>>
>>53707654
How would Oblivion Ring work? I get the rest, reanimate Worldgorger, Worldgorger exiles its own reanimator, dies, brings back the reanimator, repeat. Oblivion Ring would either be on the board, get exiled, then nothing, or be in your hand, exile Worldgorger, brings back everything else, then nothing.
>>
File: akki.png (131KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
akki.png
131KB, 223x311px
Who do I partner with Akiri? I want the deck to be 3 colors.
>>
>>53707896
Ludevic
>>
>>53707896
I know you said three color but I strongly suggest Silas Renn. If you're dedicated to three, Tymna.
>>
>>53707950
Silas would undoubtedly be the best, but I'm worried that my budget mana base would lead to too many cases of total mana screw.

though, this sort of deck also lends itself to playing a lot of mana rocks, so maybe that'll solve the problem a bit...
>>
>>53707896
Stay with two colors and make Bruse Tarl the second commander. It's essentially an artifact/equipment deck and you smash people to death out of nowhere.
>>
>>53708007
good suggestion mr. bond, but i'm not a big fan of straight boros decks.
>>
>>53707986
Chromatic Lantern is your best friend, and Silas can get it back. Even gets around Blood Moon.
>>
>>53698294
>he's a white supremacist
This is not a bad thing
>Nutter
Uh that's not a good thing
>Wants to fuck his mother
Whoa there (((Freud)))
>>
>>53698294
i mean people still listen to and enjoy wagner despite him also being all of those things
>>
File: 4523487_orig.jpg (60KB, 599x735px) Image search: [Google]
4523487_orig.jpg
60KB, 599x735px
>>53708081
>>53708101
Wagner didn't draw this.
>>
>>53703428
>I never really understood why some people hate on netdecks
Because EDH is for bored judges to hash out the rules of interactions that would otherwise never see play thinly disguised as a format.
Net decking is pretty much admitting that you have no idea how to build a deck and or you are just there to win.
This results in negative play experiences and people don't like negative play experiences for some reason
>>
>>53708007
How good is Bruse Tarl in the 99? Been looking to start up an Ally deck with General Tazri as the commander.
>>
>>53708112
he said some pretty inflammatory things though.

point is, you can detach an artist from his work and enjoy the art for what it is rather than who made it.
>>
>>53707863
I think you would need two Oblivion ring type cards for it to work. Have worldgorger under a fiend Hunter, then o ring the fiend Hunter.

Seems a lot worse then the animate dead version though
>>
>>53708125
in a real dedicated ally deck, he's not really that great. he only gives his buffs to one dude per turn, unlike most allies who spread buffs around.
>>
>>53708134
>he said some pretty inflammatory things though
Like?
>>
>>53703428
I have nothing against people who do it but the philosophy of netdecking in EDH is counter the founding principles of EDH, namely building for your meta (thus facilitating social interaction) and playing for the experience rather than the win. People can play the format however they want but I feel they are robbing themselves of the true EDH experience when they ignore those principles and netdeck something they know is competitive.
>>
>>53708147
“I hold the Jewish race to be the born enemy of pure humanity and everything noble in it.”
-Richard Wagner
>>
>>53708161
Please don't chum the waters for /pol/ bottom-feeders.
>>
>>53707863
You would need to do a lot more work, like the other guy already said. Cast Out, Fiend Hunter, Oubliette, or any of the other cards like that would be needed.
>>
>>53708169
yeah, sorry. back to the subject, i really like harold mcneill's art despite not really like him as a person is the point i was trying to make.
>>
>>53708171
Not Cast Out, it only can target opponents' stuff.

>>53708161
Take the bait to /pol/
>>
>>53708218
it wasn't bait, the guy asked and i answered
>>
>>53708161
Idk that send pretty reasonable
But Also pretty off topic let's keep this about edh
>>
GAS THE KIKES SIX PLAYER FFA NOW
>>
>>53708121
>>53708148
I agree and disagree. If you just rip off something with no changes, then I'd agree that you probably don't know a single thing about building a deck. On the other hand, it gives you a good base to work into something tuned for your area. Also as far as I'm concerned, I use our EDH games as testing beds for different things and as a chance to socialize. But I'm also the sort who doesn't really give a damn about winning or losing.
>>
File: Image (7).jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (7).jpg
33KB, 223x310px
(((Gwafa)))
>>
I've got to agree with >>53708134 saying that art is not to be judged by its artist. I will gladly listen to Wagner, read Lovecraft, and appreciate Harold McNeill's M:tG work while disagreeing to a greater or lesser degree with their politics.

But that doesn't mean, as much as I enjoy his work, I'd want to meet Mr. McNeill in person. If I saw Steve Argyle, Pete Venters, Rebecca Guay, Richard Kane Ferguson, or Terese Nielsen at a con I'd probably go up to them, say hello, tell them I liked their work, and maybe get a card signed if I was lucky. If I saw Harold McNeill I'd probably keep on walking. And that's kind of sad.
>>
>>53708550
my little sister is good friends with rebecca guay's daughter. she gave me a stack of signed cards that have a plain white backing for some reason. none of them are particularly good cards, but they're neat to have.
>>
>>53708604
>plain white backing for some reason
Those are artist proofs. That's pretty damn cool, anon.
>>
>>53708538
My favorite commander.
>>
File: chan.jpg (84KB, 528x720px) Image search: [Google]
chan.jpg
84KB, 528x720px
>>53708629
>not legal in the only format i play
:(
>>
>>53708550
>not asking him to sign a copy of invoke prejudice
Coward.
>>
>>53706090
the commander anthology only has 2 good decks (mereen and kaalia) the rest is meh tier at best and should be sold off or used as trade fodder while keeping the actual commander. they should have just reprinted earlier commanders honestly
>>
>>53708534
>On the other hand, it gives you a good base to work into something tuned for your area.
Pretty sure that's not called netdecking anymore though
>>
>>53708763
>no Animar reprint
just kys me
>>
>>53708763
Eh, times change and that might just be a peculiarity to my area. But yes, if you're deck is originally a tournament winning (usually big tournaments, like regionals and the like) deck that you swapped a few pieces around to deal with your area, we call that netdecking.
>>
Give me feedback on this decklist
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh/multiplayer-commander-decklists/777873-my-first-draft-of-aurelia-the-warleader
>>
>>53708859
fuck man, you've got it easy. my playgroup gets upset if you're playing anything other than hipster commanders. i sit down at a table with slobad, blind seer, and atogatog and start shuffling my zedruu deck and everyone lets out a big groan
>>
>>53708891
give krenko a try. even if he's your only goblin he'll make a LOT of tokens thanks to aurelia's untap.
>>
>>53708891
Make a decklist on a site where you can actually see the cards, like tappedout.
>>
the syntx fucks up anytime I try to post the deck
>>
>playing some commander with my group of 2+ years
>TABLE ROLL CALL
>me: dragonlord ojutai
>guy: child of alara god tribal
>turd: vial smasher+thrasios LOLSORANDUM deck
>derp: bruse tarl+ikra lands deck

Our playgroup always follows the same pattern. Derp makes some ridiculously aggro play that makes him a target. Guy plays powerful goodstuff cards but chills out. I try to keep up with my own goodstuff without dying to derp. Turd Makes some absolutely terrible threat assessment and tries to take me out, basically handing guy the win.

Yesterday derp starts the game by tutoring up dark depths+thespian stage with doublestrike. He attacks me and I bounce it. Meanwhile guy is casting gods that are nowhere near active and turd is doing literally nothing. I'm holding up counterspells for if guy tries to cast something that matters while drawing cards.

Turds entire deck is filled with cards like dubious challenge, oath of druids, and warp world. Basically a random retard kingmaker. Naturally, because I'm playinga defensive UW deck, I benefit less from his effects than the other players. Guy is casting gods that do close to nothing, and has pitiful devotion, and derp is presenting threats that get easily bounced. The ONLY way this game turns to shit for me is if turd randomly gives another player the win.

Turd is notorious for not having a clue who he should be attacking or what he should be removing. He gets super upset that I counter his dubious challenge and warp world instead of the five-mana do-nothing enchantments from guy or the easily bounced threats from derp. He takes it personally and makes it his goal to take me out of the game.

Oh, and remember that ojutai has to hit to add cards to hand? Derp played a glacial casm and guy had propaganda. The obvious choice is to attack turd even though he is not a threat. Turd goes full allah ackbar, which lets guy play his tenth card that actually makes his gods into creatures. Guy takes the win.
>>
>>53708684
They're as good as legal because they look identical when in a sleeve. I know you meant thay Channel is unplayable anywhere though. It's legal in Vintage but not even played there because it isn't good enough.

I've got a great artist proof of Saffi Eriksdotter with a sketch of Saffi on the back. Christopher Moeller is a great magic artist and Saffi has become a pretty expensive card as she gets used in more EDH combos. I use the artist proof as a general.
>>
>>53709130
the four cards i got from rebecca were the channel, taunting elf, serra's blessing, and youthful knight. nothing really all that playable, so i just keep them in the box with all my other special cards.

also i wouldn't mind using them, they're just either banned or not really all that playable.
>>
>>53709168
Taunting Elf is fun in mono G Omnath for free swings.
>>
>>53708726
The Freyalise deck is fantastic. It's got most of the relevant elves and some other great green cards.
>>
>>53709193
and freyalise herself saw some fringe play in legacy elves for some reason and i think the foil is around $20-25
>>
>>53709193
I second this. It's not a great deck on it's own (it's sort of middle of the road as precons go, maybe upper-middle) but it's a fucking gold mine of green staples. I'd be happy if more Commander decks were like that.
>>
>>53709219
foil is around 45$ at my LGS
>>
>>53708534
I am >>53708148 and I don't have an issue with using netdecking tools to figure out the base for a given Commander. Despite what some people say, netdecking in that regard very much predates EDHREC and TappedOut.

Nonetheless, I think netdecking to give you an idea of your options is perfectly fine but I differentiate that from looking up Prossh on EDHREC and determining that Food Chain is the most efficient way to build him and going from there. I think a given person will find the most enjoyable EDH experience if deckbuilding integrates (though not necessarily starts with) the context of their given meta to maximize the communal participation. If you're netdecking to figure out the strongest direction you can take a Commander then you're foregoing dynamic. More so, you're robbing yourself of the ability to make your deck signature to you. It's a singleton format to promote diversity and netdecking actively combats that.

I think it's a balancing act. Netdecking saves so much time in the tuning process that it's stupid to forego it but I would take primers and EDHREC with a grain a salt. I think very few people got into this format to build generic, goodstuff decks so embrace the ability to obtain unique experiences.
>>
File: scam.png (184KB, 954x342px) Image search: [Google]
scam.png
184KB, 954x342px
>>53709367
that's a rip-off
>>
>>53709106
It sounds like you would win every game if it wasn't for turd. You should thank him honestly, if it wasn't for him your group would kick you out or start an arms race.

Your group is in perfect Harmony, don't fuck it up.
>>
>>53709168
Great collector items though. Rebecca Guay is awesome. Her book that she ran a kickstarter for is filled with beautiful magic art and lewd stuff that she's painted for other things. My friend has the book and I wish I knew about it in time to join the kickstarter.
>>
>>53709367
Always buy online if you can.
>preorder ftv:20 from lgs the day it's announced
>full msrp as down payment
>go to pick it up when it's released
>"oh, sorry, we canceled all preorders when jace was announced. we've got two left, i'll give you one for $500 if you want it"
>second copy left in the store reserved for prize for $50 entry fee standard tournament
>>
What are some must have value cards in a yidris cascade build?
Taking suggestions.

In the deck for combos I have Aggravated Assault+Savage Ventmaw (and Yidris)
as well as Kiki Jiki and Pestermite

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/yidris-super-duper-cascade/
>>
>>53709168
I read somewhere on reddit that Rebecca Guay is actually a really arrogant person and that she is quite rude to magic players. Is there any truth to this?
>>
>>53709378
>it's a balancing act
Pretty much what I was trying to say. As you noted, netdecking has been around much longer, even in EDH, than some of the tools like EDHREC (at least, I only knew about mtgsalvation when I first started playing). With my playgroup you can tell who netdecks with no changes and who knows how to tune a netdeck for their area. The first group are mildly annoying and the second is pretty fun to play against.
>>
File: winterorb.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
winterorb.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
*blocks your path*
>>
>>53709539
she seemed pretty chill the times i've talked to her. i think the issue is that she wants to be known more for her graphic novels than for her magic artwork.
>>
>>53709510
Your LGS is shit, Mine, bless their hearts, has never sold a sealed product for a penny more or less than MSRP (And they don't just open their FTV and commander product either). By far not the cheapest place to buy packs but I wouldn't go anywhere else for anything limited release.
>>
>>53709523
Lotus Bloom is a must have. It adds a free Black Lotus to any of your 1-mana spells.
>>
>>53709553
How when I've already got my own copy and a Static Orb on the field? Ah, well, you just made my lock a tiny bit more secure.
>>
File: Gisela.jpg (178KB, 920x715px) Image search: [Google]
Gisela.jpg
178KB, 920x715px
How we looking, boys?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/edh-gisela-the-iron-star/
>>
>>53709523
wheel of fate is actually super good, and it comes in the precon

you could also try hypergenesis because it's really funny
>>
>>53709539
I saw Rebecca Guay at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told her how cool it was to meet her in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother her and ask her for photos or anything.
She said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but she kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing her hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard her chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw her trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in her hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Ma'am you need to pay for those first.” At first she kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, she stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, she kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
>>
>>53709106
I remember a guy like that whenever he can't win he would help random people to win while being smug about it.
>>
File: sol ring.png (109KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
sol ring.png
109KB, 223x311px
>>53709591
*blocks your path*
>>
File: 1474262535140.jpg (29KB, 529x446px) Image search: [Google]
1474262535140.jpg
29KB, 529x446px
>>53709106
>Local playgroup has two players, guy X and guy Y, who love their grouphug/helper/chaos decks
>They are always playing and at least one of them is always playing one of the above decks
>Guy X plays mostly his chaos deck, dropping cards like Confusion in the Ranks, a thousand coin flip effects, Warp World, Time Sifter, the list goes on
>He also has a grouphug deck that just gives everyone loads of lands and card draw
>Gets extremely butthurt when anyone tries to deal with his "fun" cards
>Guy Y built his helper deck around giving away mana rocks, card draw and creatures, but only to a single person
>Before every match he chooses one person and spends all game just giving that person things
>If the person he was helping wins, guy Y loudly proclaims that it's his victory
>His mood also turns sour when anyone attacks him. "Why are you attacking me? I didn't do anything to you!"
>>
>>53709620
Kingmakers are the lowest of the low. They ruin the game.
>>
>>53709648
Curses.
>>
File: Markula.jpg (29KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Markula.jpg
29KB, 400x300px
>>53709664
Literally MTG's cuckolds. Most especially in EDH when you can come back from sitting on 3 lands on turn 58 because of how harshly two other players are fighting each other.
>>
>>53709664
the other day, LGS commander night, i played a consecrated sphinx and the guy right after me in turn order played like 5 cantrips including brainstorm and the rest of the table scooped

just... why would you do that? thank you, but why?
>>
>>53709599
>>53709575
Nice thanks for the suggestions.
I've added Lotus Bloom, Hypergenesis (its only 2$? crazy) and Wheel of Fate.
>>
>>53709691
>play Consecrated Sphinx
>opponent flashes in Notion Thief
Sometimes people are just dumb.
>>
>>53709664
Agree but with a caveat. I play to win, by far not to kingmake, but if I have no chance to survive I will go "From Hell's heart I stab at thee" and do what I can to spite whoever I hold most responsible for my impending defeat short of tactical concession (I'll sacrifice my whole board to goblin bombardment in the end but I won't just say "I lose" to counter their combat damage triggers. It's a bizarre, selective sort of honor.)
>>
>>53709739
ugh, god, i hate the "tactical forfeit"
i'm playing mono-white and i'm down to like 10 but i've got a pretty good board of creatures. i'm banking on the true conviction i just played to survive, but the little tapped out shit i'm swinging at forfeits like an asshole
>>
File: torrential.jpg (213KB, 1339x1010px) Image search: [Google]
torrential.jpg
213KB, 1339x1010px
I sexually Identify as a Torrential Gearhulk.
Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of flashing into the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting, low-tier decks.
People say to me that a person being an artifact creature is impossible and I’m fucking retarded but I don’t care, I'm blue, and I’m beautiful.
I’m having a plastic surgeon install flashback powers, 5/6 mm cannons and RAGE-114 Scoopfire missiles on my body.
From now on I want you guys to call me “The Control God” and respect my right to kill from above and counter any spell needlessly.
If you can’t accept me you’re a Kaladeshphobe and need to check your color wheel privilege.
Thank you for being so understanding.
>>
>>53709734
It's risky, but you can respond to the draw triggers with all the instant speed removal you are drawing. I'm guessing he fucked it up and killed himself instead, but that play done by someone marginally competent wins the game instead
>>
>>53709776
A few people in my play group do that all the time as well.
>>
>>53709776
My group has a soft ban on "In response I scoop, HA" garbage. If you know you're going to die, take the L and let the person who beat you get what they have rightfully earned. Nothing is more aggravating than people trying to do shit like quitting so that someone is denied an additional combat step or Hunter's Insight/Prowess triggers that might lead to a more insane duel between the last few players. However we will definitely permit instant-speed scooping if it's something like "I'm going to strip mine/Crucible all of your lands every single turn and make you watch me play Solitaire for 50 minutes while I find a way to kill you".
>>
>>53709821
>>53709776
>We like to cheat to accomodate for the fact we fall let ourselves fall into situations where we need an opponents help to win

Tell me more about this mindset.
>>
>>53709821
another one of my favorites is "i'm starting to lose, so i'm going to scoop and then show everyone how much i was about to win if given ten turns uninterrupted"

then there's this other jackoff who will just casually draw an extra 3-4 cards in his draw step for no reason and then scoop if you call him out on it. he's also the "this sucks, let's just stop this game here and go to the bar" guy
>>
>>53709821
New rule: "Conceding can be declared at any time but takes effect during any player's main phase when the stack is empty, at the beginning of any player's end step, or whenever any turn ends, whichever comes first, unless the concession would immediately end the game at which point there is no need to 'play out' the remaining time."

It's stupid and pedantic but it would be a nice multiplayer patch.
>>
File: 1493401430819.jpg (155KB, 960x850px) Image search: [Google]
1493401430819.jpg
155KB, 960x850px
>>53709870
>"I'm totally playing fair guise, I'm not just mad that someone else absolutely destroyed me and trying to hurt them from beyond the grave!"
People like you are instant-targets in my playgroup.
>>53709873
Those are also enormous faggots, provided it's not something like
>Sitting on 2 lands
>Need literally one more land to play a mana rock and then you're where you need to be
>Five turns later, still on 2 lands, having discarded everything relevant in your hands in the dire hope of getting some form of acceleration
>Look at the next six cards
>You're not getting a third land until turn 11
>>
>>53709870
if you can spite-scoop to fuck someone up it leads to shitty stalemates where no one attacks anyone because without the lifelink/mirrodin sword/whatever trigger your tapped-out ass is gonna get fucked

"durdle until craterhoof/cyclonic rift" is a surprisingly unfun format
>>
>>53709953
forgot to mention:
it also makes saskia a whole lot worse and can completely ruin the entire point of the deck
>>
Can you Mindslaver an opponent and then choose "them" for Tasigur's effect to choose for yourself?
>>
>>53710014
I believe so. Mindslaver is all kinds of fun.
>>
>>53709934
It's literally in the rule book you can concede at any time. You gonna tell me the rules aren't fair?

More importantly, any way I can make you think twice about causing lethal in future games is smart play and textbook politics.
>>
File: 1481241921498.png (295KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
1481241921498.png
295KB, 675x900px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/offering-to-the-flies/
I need to cut stuff for Phyrexian Plaguelord, Winding Constrictor, Hardened Scales and other good stuff. What should go?
tfw can't find my persist-cards anywhere
>>
>>53709953
If the person considering swinging is aware of the fact I won't rule out spite-scooping then it will cause them to hesitate killing me which ups my chances of staying in the game longer.
>>
>>53710076
I'm going to tell you that the rules clearly weren't designed with multiplayer in mind. and ought to have an addendum for non-game-ending concessions. That they don't right now is, in fact, a problem -- a minor one in the grand scheme of Magic's rules, but a present one none the less.
>>
File: McDonald's.jpg (1MB, 2848x2136px) Image search: [Google]
McDonald's.jpg
1MB, 2848x2136px
>>53710076
> is smart play and textbook politics.

If I catch you doing this in any game I play against you, and I know you're going to do this repeatedly, I'm going to kill you without any remorse and without any attempted value to be gained. You can get mad and spite-scoop all you want, it's going to only result in other players spiting you out of future games. Being a rude cuck once you've already lost isn't going to make me think twice. I'm going to immediately assume you'll scoop on "lethal" in some cuck's bid to "hurt" me, and never let this be a concern in the future.
>>
Here's my Aurelia deck. Tell me what you think.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/aurelia-the-warleader-v10/
>>
>>53710112
you do you, man. there's only one guy who fights dirty like that in my group and most of the time everyone gangs up on him so we don't have to deal with his stax or whatever he's playing that week.
>>
>>53709931
My group just does "Scoop is sorcery speed"
>>
>>53710139
Lacks Vandalblast
>>
>>53710158
i like how simple that is, but sometimes the storm player is taking waaaay too long to find all his pieces and you just wanna get it over with and get to the next game
>>
>>53710139
Grafted Exoskeleton since you have godo unless you don't like infect.
>>
>>53710179
If you're operating on gentelmen's agreements anyway I feel like "OK, we all agree, you win, now start shuffling" is a fair move.
>>
>>53710134
The only person that would be mad in thos hypothetical is you. You're skewing your threat assessment and tipping your political hand purely because of something you don't like that I did. You seem to be the one upset.
>>
>>53710134
>You violated my honor code

Way to push back against the manbaby stereotype associated with this game.
>>
>>53709657
There's nothing worse than player Y. I would either refuse to play with him or target him relentlessly.
>>
>>53710321
not the guy you're responding to, but the main reason my playgroup soft banned spitescooping is because it tended to make games take longer and we prefer a few shorter games to one three-hour political shitfest
>>
>>53710321
Hell fucking yes I'm upset. Why do you assume I'm pretending I'm not? You're going out of your way to hurt someone who has defeated you because it's "smart", and assuming that you're going to get away without repercussions. I don't care if the entire table knows that my first 20 turns are devoted to killing one player, it's only a political negative for me in regards to the player I'm focusing down immediately knowing that I'm going to kill them. The rest of the table are immediately aware that I'm not going to be a problem until you're gone, and they'll accordingly chill on their own terms until you're out of the game.
>>
>>53710179
Just add that scoops that don't end the game must be done at sorcery speed. Unanimous scoops should just follow normal rules.
>>
>>53710134
*unsheaths katana*
>>
>>53710371
yeah, that's what we do.
>>
>>53710123
First, many things that are strong in this format weren't designed with multiplayer in mind so the argument because it functions differently it's inherently wrong is fallacious. More importantly, no where is there ANY indication that this use of the concession rule is not within the scope of proper use or that it is likely to be amended.

If you don't like it, that's fine. If you house rule it, that's fine too. I play with a group that house rules for mulligans but the difference is I don't come on discussion boards to cry about how people who follow the normal mulligan rule are degenerates.
>>
File: Toshiro Umezawa.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Toshiro Umezawa.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>53710376
*Doom Blades ur creature*
*Doom Blades ur creature again*
>>
>>53710176
>>53710279
Do I have enough mana rocks? Do I have enough creatures? Am I running too much of something? Too little?
>>
>>53710321
I wouldn't even play with you to begin with if you're purposefully abusing loopholes in the rules to gain an advantage. EDH is still more of a social game, and if you're being a little shit, nobody will want to play with you.
>>
>>53710422
>It's a loophole if I don't like it

What a shame I'd miss out on playing with someone as mature as you.
>>
File: Nahiri checks this shit out.jpg (140KB, 621x600px) Image search: [Google]
Nahiri checks this shit out.jpg
140KB, 621x600px
>>53710084
8 ramp and 36 lands seems good, though you have a bit few creatures for RW beats
>>
File: Xira%20Arien.jpg (152KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
Xira%20Arien.jpg
152KB, 480x680px
got any other ways to build xira other than group hugbug into turbofog into land shenanigans? kinda want to run her for the novalty of a non blue wizard insect.
>>
>>53710366
>people won't take advantage of my autism fits and make political bargains with me

Charitable assumption you made in your favor there. I'm not assuming anything. Scooping to prevent certain board states opens up political avenues. Statement of fact.

The bigger question is how long are you going to sit down with me and REEEEEE every game until you get tired of it?
>>
Can an aggro commander deck even be made?
>>
>>53710364
I don't have qualms with that and if I walked into a meta with those rules I'd respect it. I just find amusement in people like >>53710366 who can't control themselves whenever someone violates their imaginary rules. I also wanted to push back on the notion that tactical scooping is entirely spiteful and serves no polical purpose.
>>
>>53709657
>give the other guys in the playgroup some singles before the game and give instructions when to use them
>during the game tell them you won't attack anyone who gives them a dollar
>grouphug players clench their assholes when they see everyone else actually pay
>the other bros ask the same on their turns, basically just exchanging the money except for grouphug, who gets attacked repeatedly
>"sorry melvin I have to be fair to those who paid"
>grouphug has no attacks, everyone laughs in their faces when they ask for money
>actually make money playing magic
>>
>>53710421
>Do I have enough mana rocks?
Yes, but you need to reconsider your pool. Remove Coldsteel Heart, Fire Diamond, and Star Compass, and put in Boros Cluestone, Boros Keyrune, and Darksteel Ingot. I get that you want to lower the necessary mana to go up, but you're going to have these things active at the same exact time.
>Do I have enough creatures?
I....think? What is this deck exactly supposed to do? I'm really confused looking at this thing here. You have a lot of valuable creatures, but not enough that I'd say this deck is creature focused. You have a lot of artifacts, but not enough that it's an equipment voltron deck. Tons of REALLY aggressive board wipes, but no Avacyn, so it's not a "Everybody gets fucked but me" deck. You need to think of a singular avenue so you can have every card lead you down it. Right now it seems like multiple decks trying to take control of each other, but neither will triumph. Figure out where you want to take it, and it'll be much easier on you.
>>
>>53710504
Yeah. Just you have to not be shit at deckbuilding, threat assessment, proper board commiting, and politics.
>>
>>53710421
remove some of your walkers and spells and add hero of blade hold,siege gang commander and
Goblin Rabblemaster
>>
Is there a worse feel than getting manascrewed in a 50 land deck?
>>
>>53710539
the only really successful aggro decks i've seen all had blue in them. simic can be pretty strong.
>>
File: ash.jpg (38KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
ash.jpg
38KB, 223x310px
>>53710569
getting mana screwed in an 80 land deck :(
>>
>>53710459
Jund Goodstuff or Insect tribal
>>
>>53710459
dredge/reanimator is pretty neat with her
>>
>>53710504
as long as you have access to MLD.
>>
File: .jpg (35KB, 720x611px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
35KB, 720x611px
>>53710477
>Scooping to prevent certain board states opens up political avenues.
It also closes others. Which is precisely what I'm saying. You can sit here and pretend you have some "enlightened" political perspective in this, and anybody who reacts negatively to your actions is a retard, but you're going to anger other players by denying them things by quitting. Even at my most calm, if every single person at the table is allowing themselves to die, and you are the sole player who is turning "I'll scoop in response to A, B, C, and D triggers so you can't target me" into a pseudo-political action, you're not going to help yourself, other players won't care, and your enemies will hate you. If you have an LGS full of people who do this, that's the perogative of your group. I've never been to a playgroup that has more than one of you, and that one is always public enemy no. 1 for precisely that reason.
>>
>>53710504
Yes, as long as you consider voltron to be aggro. Or tokens with powerul anthem effects.

>>53710532
A group I play with has a custom of splitting Fact or Fiction into a pile of 5 cards and a pile of a $1 bill. Only madmen don't taks the dollar.
>>
>>53710504
All I make is Aggro. You just need to play with your colors and know precisely what things will happen to you when you start popping off.
>>
File: Junko Enoshima.jpg (58KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Junko Enoshima.jpg
58KB, 1280x720px
>>53710639
I want your playgroup. I'm going to try this with my own as soon as I'm able.
>>
File: mimeo.jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
mimeo.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
>>53710639
easiest dollar i ever earned
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ghost-dance-1/

I've been screwing around with this reyhan/ravos list for a while and while it seems really fun, I'm worried about it not being fast enough because I play with a guy who keeps building artifact/control/combo decks and a spikey purph/yidris randumb guy

What do I need, /edh/?
>>
>>53710535
I have no idea where to take the deck. I just wanted to make sure that all of my bases were covered. I guess I spread it all out a little too thin.

What strategies would you reccomend, /edhg/?
>>
>>53710701
Aura Shards for your artifact memer, Grave Pact/Dictate of Erebos for your Ydris/Purph player. Also include Mycoloth and Lifeblood Hydra in there. I'd also suggest you just eat the economic depression and invest in a Doubling Season, as everything in your deck will benefit from this.
>>
File: Wallpaper_JOU_05_Barger_1280x960.jpg (639KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Wallpaper_JOU_05_Barger_1280x960.jpg
639KB, 1280x960px
Play group meta is starting to shift towards control one friend just finished nekusar and another is getting ready to put grand arbiter deck together
I'm just trying to dick around with an Athreos aristocrats deck, but now I am contemplating finding some commander that shitstomps pillow fort control decks. Have a Narset deck in the works that might do the trick but was wondering if there are any other commanders that might fit the bill
>>
>>53710701
the outlast stuff is a little bit weak, even for a budget list. you should give some of the modular artifact creatures a try. you also want hardened scales and the new snake dude
>>
>>53710504
Zurgo Helmsmasher.
>>
File: winding.png (138KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
winding.png
138KB, 223x311px
>>53710779
>>53710701
this one
>>
File: swellthehost.png (248KB, 329x455px) Image search: [Google]
swellthehost.png
248KB, 329x455px
>accidentally impulse bought swell the host
>tried to cancel but it didn't.
At least it was 30 MSRP with free shipping. I'll be honest, I really like Simic and I like +1/+1, but I'm not a fan of how focused it has to be around power 2 or less creatures. I'll probably just keep it sealed and hopefully sell it because it has so little value.
>>
>>53710779
The outlast dudes gives my 80/80s trample, flying, and lifelink though, that seems pretty strong imo
What modular artifact creatures are you talking about?
>>53710763
I had aura shards in the list but I cut it in for some reason. It does wonders in every deck I put it in.
>>
>>53710772
Yisan.
>>
>>53710724
Aurelia is extremely versatile. You really are gonna need to pick something and understand what you are going to focus this down.
>Aurelia Tron
She has multiple combat steps, which means that she hits twice. Putting in the element swords means that every time she hits, she's going to trigger them. In essence, Feast and Famine gives you three full-land untaps per turn with her. At this point, just play on how many times she's hitting each turn and draw value on that.
>Go_Wide.dec
Due to the fact that she is a free combat step with haste, you can just make the deck Boros Weenies or Boros multiple big dudes and multi-hit players to death. Similarly to her voltron, remember that every dude is swinging and sometimes hitting twice each turn, which puts you at a serious advantage with things like Curses or anthems like True Conviction.
>Infect/Alternate kill conditions
She has two full swings. She can get to insta-kill in a lot of ways REALLY quickly. In fact one popular choice in my LGS is firebreathing her and doing something to generate mana, meaning you lower the ceiling for different ways to kill players, or you can just destroy everybody's lands when you have a board presence and punch everybody to death because they can't come back quick enough to fight you.
>FAST
Another good one is to go maximum mana rocks/rituals and drop Aurelia and some other booster really quickly and kill control/pillowfort players before they are set up and ready to deal with you. Tiny auras like Battle Mastery don't cost too much, and they beat the absolute fuck out of everybody with commanders like Aurelia. All you need are two turns and they're dead. You can even Final Fortune one extra turn in for the last player.
>>
>>53710834
eh, it's not the focus on low-power creatures that makes it boring, you'd probably be playing mulldrifter/solemn/hornet queen anyway

no, the real problem is the over-reliance on having your commander in play at all times. if someone plays song of the dryads or imprisoned in the moon or god forbid steals ezuri and you don't have an answer you're shit out of luck
>>
>>53710834
Just use Prime Speaker Zegana instead of Ezuri. The deck has plenty of good staples that aren't focused on small creatures
>>
File: WHAT WENT WRONG.jpg (47KB, 276x768px) Image search: [Google]
WHAT WENT WRONG.jpg
47KB, 276x768px
>>53710701
>Literally your only tutor is Sidisi
What the fuck are you doing
>>
>>53710834
You could do that, but Kaladesh had a great addition to Nuzuri. Cultivator of Blades is so fucking good in that deck.
>>
>>53710884
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?text=+[modular]

there are better ways to give your team evasion. there's also craterhoof, which, if you have an 80/80, is gonna wreck the whole table.
>>
>>53710900
>playing green
>not having artifact/enchantment hate out the ass
>>
>>53710958
good point, but there will always be games where you don't draw it or the steal effect isn't something you can directly interact with with your rec sage
>>
>>53710447
meant for>>53710421
>>
>>53710926
my intentions were that I would get enough value from reanimating sidisi repeatedly to make up for the lack of other tutors
>>53710944
Entering the battlefield with counters is goodand all, but what's the point of modular when I don't have artifact creatures for them to put their counters on? Craterhoof would undoubtedly be a great addition, but it definitely doesn't lend itself to "I'm concerned about not being fast enough"
>>
>>53711101
>>53710898
cheapest route might be RW beats with value dudes. Give me some good beaters that are reatively cheap, both in mana and money.
>>
>>53711115
but if you've got at least one other artifact creature down as well as reyhan, that's a pretty significant amount of counters you're placing. if that artifact creature happens to be, oh, i dunno, hangarback walker, triskelion, or walking ballista... well, that's gonna be silly
>>
File: Rebecca Guay Serra Angel.jpg (104KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Rebecca Guay Serra Angel.jpg
104KB, 312x445px
>>53697324
I know that feel, though at least Rebecca Guay's art has graced some decent cards. In my case, though, I'm going the full autist route by getting as many foils as possible and getting them autographed.
>>
>>53711213
didn't she do bitterblossom?
>>
>>53711230
Yes, but the only multicolor legendary she drew was Asmira, Holy Avenger (GW). All other legendaries are mono (W or G). Can't use Bitterblossom in a Guay EDH deck.
>>
>>53711177
-Hero of Bladehold
-Newdric as well as Odric
-Any Eldrazi with Annihilator
-Hanweir Garrison
-Battlefield Medic
-Herald of the Host/Warchief Giant
-Scourge of the Throne

-Gleam of Battle
-Launch the Fleet
>>
>>53706764
Neat. I'll look more into her.

>>53705101
Also cool, will probably put in

>>53705034
Nah, looking for monocolored. Each person in my playgroup is trying to build decks with their least favorite color.
>>
>>53711441
sram is the strongest mono-white commander. you play a shitload of artifacts and draw half your deck by turn 4 then suit up your colossal voltron monster and smack people with him.
>>
>>53710459
I built her as equipment voltron so that she could wear a new costume every turn.
>>
>>53710763
>>53711181
Thanks for the suggestions, /edh/
I loev you
>>
Daily reminder that only plebs and autists are still playing multiplayer edh; 1vs1 is for the alpha males that gets all the pussy.
>>
what would be a good wizard tribal deck?
>>
File: aza.png (126KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
aza.png
126KB, 223x311px
>>53711612
the only one
>>
File: deckbuilding.png (175KB, 1600x600px) Image search: [Google]
deckbuilding.png
175KB, 1600x600px
A Guide to Building a Level 4 Deck

A level 4 deck can have many subtypes and reasons for its creation, but ultimately there is one similarity amongst them all: they all aim to make a number of players in the table have a miserable experience. The level 4 deck is, for all intents and purposes, the most complex and nuanced kind of deckbuilding as it has to take a large number of variables into account, and it must be very carefully crafted to reach its intended game state.

It’s important to note that a level 4 deck should NOT aim to win, nor should it aim to be fun to pilot, because then it would fall into the category of a level 1 or level 2 deck respectively. A level 4 deck can have elements of level 3 deck however, but only for certain non-problematic players on the table. As it should already be known, a level 4 deck is the direct evolution of a level 3 deck in a table of level 1-2 deck players. Only a level 4 deck can bring the table closer to level 3 deckbuilding, as it highlights the dangers of delving too deep into level 1-2 deckbuilding through irony.

The types are as following:

>Single-Target Level 4 Deck
This type of deck aims to provide Level 3 understanding to only 1 player on the table. Therefore, when piloted to its full potential, it should only be capable of griefing 1 player, after which it should collapse under its own weight. For example, a very bursty Voltron deck can fulfill this role, since it will typically only be capable of killing 1 player before getting bogged down and slowly losing over the next few turns. The reason the single-target level 4 deck is so effective is because not only does it take the problematic player out of the game quickly, it also forces them to watch for the next 20-120 minutes or so while other players are having fun with battlecruiser EDH.

cont.
>>
>>53711612
Azami, Arcanis, Talrand, Baraal, babby Jace.
>>
>>53711665

>Multi-Target Level 4 Deck
The multi-target deck is a difficult deck to create, as it must be able to hinder multiple players while leaving the innocent players untouched. In still slightly-casual metas, this can be easy since you can simply build a powerful deck and only LDing, force-discarding and counterspelling select players. However, in true level 1 metas, it might be necessary to simply build an Omni-Target deck and apologize to the innocent players afterwards.

>Omni-Target Level 4 deck
This type of deck should only be applied in the most cancerous playgroups where every single player deserves the use of level 4 strategies. This is the category where the titular Scrambleverse-type deck falls in. This type of deck aims to create a game state where no player is having fun or enjoying themselves. The Scrambleverse-type deck does this by tutoring, casting and recurring Scrambleverse over and over, causing the game to drag on and have no meaning to it. The point is to make the game last without a winner in sight, and as such you should cripple your own chances of winning in order to keep players in the game. It might be necessary to show your hand to your opponents so they can see that.

It should be noted that the Scrambleverse-type deck is typically very slow and cannot compete in the most level 1 of tables, so a different strategy must be employed in that case. As EDH is a solved format with very little leeway, it might be necessary to employ level 1 strategies to reach a game state that has level 4 ramifications. Stax without wincon, infinite shuffle combos and other such strategies might be necessary here. However, it is very important NOT to reach a game state that can result in your victory, because your opponents might scoop.

That sums up all the basic types of Level 4 deckbuilding. If there are any questions, I have a few minutes to answer them
>>
>>53711685
Does your handler know you're on the internet?
>>
>>53710514
What is spitescooping? I've never heard the term before and I can't imagine the context where it fucks someone unless they just used insurrection and are relying on your creatures or something.
>>
>>53710629
Any political decision closes avenues. Of course there's people like you who enforce your imaginary rules but after the initial shock has worn off most people know what to expect and go back to looking out for their best interest. Spergs like you are in the minority because most people are there to play games not displace their insecurities.
>>
>>53711784
that's one. another is something like needing the mana from a sword of feast and famine untap or needing the life from a big lifelink swing.
>>
File: 20170609_124521.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170609_124521.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
You fucking FAGGOTS jealous?
>>
>>53710834
If you want to take >>53710901 advice I have a +1/+1 tribal Zegana deck if you want some ideas.
>>
>>53711784
You're at 5 life, all your creatures have lifelink, and you swing everything at someone
The defending player scoops in response, all your creatures are tapped and you're at 5 life instead of 70
>>
File: memecenter_smug_pepe.jpg (110KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
memecenter_smug_pepe.jpg
110KB, 800x800px
>>53711820
>white bordered cards
>>
>>53711784
That's the kind of thing they're talking about. You can also scoop to counter someone that is comboing out during your turn.

The rules allow it but some people get autistic about it. I think it's fine as long as it isn't being used to kingmake. In a 4-player game where 1 player is about to win the game during another player's turn I think it's completely reasonable for that player to scoop in order to interrupt a combo and give the other 2 remaining players a chance to fight the person that would have won. The same can be applied if you scoop when someone with a lot of lifelink attacks you or something like that. As long as it isn't directly determining the winner I think it is reasonable. It's legal no matter what and is only a question of manners/politeness.
>>
Since there isn't anything in the proper colors, what is a decent Commander to use in a Naya Cat tribal deck?
>>
>>53711820
No, I have duals too.
>>
File: image.jpg (88KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88KB, 312x445px
>>53711891
>>
>>53696591
kind of a topdeck story but once on my turn before combat someone hit my akroma's memorial with a chaos warp and I flipped a craterhoof
>>
>>53710598

thinking bout goodstuffs with drawgo. things like yeva and lifecrafter beastiary to give abit more gas.

>>53710598
theres an idea.
>>
>>53697324
at least there's desertion and arcane denial

but yeah I would love no other artist to illustrate more stuff than RKF

except the foglios
>>
>>53711815
>>53711837
>>53711877
Why would anyone spitescoop other than to be a dick?
>haha shouldn't have beaten me haha
>>
>>53712170
If someone's playgroup is okay with it then whatever, but it just reeks of bad sportsmanship to me. It's like purposefully disconnecting while playing online vidya to prevent the other person from winning and gaining rewards from it.
>>
>>53704012
I have her built as soft symmetrical land destruction
>>
>>53711891
Samut
>>
>>53711820
at least buy the good chinaman ones
>>
>>53711820
>look at me I sold my car to buy 50g of cardboard!
>>
File: IMG_2160.jpg (46KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2160.jpg
46KB, 223x310px
>>53712094
>tfw the legendaries with RKF's artwork are mediocre at best, but you still try to make them work
>>
>>53712325
That's analogy fits pretty well. If that's the what some playgroup does then whatever, but the fact that it's rules-ok seems like it should be addressed.
>>
File: 1454411228759.gif (839KB, 450x402px) Image search: [Google]
1454411228759.gif
839KB, 450x402px
>>53712170
Not sure how that's being a dick, your fault for relying on a faulty strategy.
>>
File: ouRaEK2.jpg (201KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ouRaEK2.jpg
201KB, 1024x768px
>>53712546
Kek
>heh, nice try kid
>too bad that strategy has a glaring weakness
>SCOOOOOP
>>
>play Surrak
>laugh as control decks sputter at their inability to counter my dudes

Anyone else know this feel?
>>
>>53712546
>winning is a faulty strategy
>>
>>53712776
No because then they'll just Cyclonic Rift my shit and I'll be sad again
>>
>>53712653
>>53712788
>winning
>actually losing

Doesn't seem you are winning much, more like you are just being another player's puppet.
>>
>>53712814
I'd say the spitescooper is the puppet for playing kingmaker. If you're in a position to prevent one player from winning in favor of another by scooping, you're just being a dick to the would be winning player.
>>
>>53712931
>the would

It's like saying "oh, sure I won't block so you can kill me", that's not how it works, there's no "would winning" you either win or lose if your strat gets fucked up by scooping it's a pretty shitty strat.
>>
>>53713094
Except when you concede, you lose. You're out of the game and the outcome no longer concerns you. There is no valid reason to actually perform a spitescoop within the game.
>>
>>53712546
>tfw your strategy is surrendering
>>
>>53713094
But the strategy /would/ work if people weren't little bitch babies saying "If I can't win then you can't either."
>>
>>53713381
>waah I'm killing this person and I don't get my lifelink healing!
Welcome to multiplayer, punk.
>>
>>53713613
It sounds like you're not the one winning often anon. Maybe if you tried using some of the helpful links in the OP, you too could learn to build a winning deck and not be so spiteful towards your fellow players.
>>
>>53713613
>how can I lose with as little dignity as possible, make the game unenjoyable for others, and in general reduce the friendly atmosphere of this casual game?
>>
>>53713309
I for one dislike 'tactical' scooping, but regarding your argument, one could claim the same of any other "Facing the bullets" game action. "Before I go, I'm going to sacrifice all my creatures to Attrition. It won't stop the lethal, but it will kill your shit" is normally considered fair game.

I feel that the difference is that a) it doesn't directly result in your loss, you are still playing and b) it doesn't use a method that, while not strictly out of game, is at least metagame to influence the game. You are still using in-game pieces only.
>>
How do people play Saskia? Is Voltron a viable build or just big beaters/infect?
>>
>>53714222
i'd probably just use her as a guaranteed damage doubler for all kinds of other things. basically, just play normal timmy shit like malignus, pathbreaker ipex, atarka world render, xenagos, skithiryx, and then just throw saskia on the field when you're ready to swing for lethal

she also interacts with damage doublers in a pretty fun way, so don't forget those

>furnace of rath in play with saskia
>hit player with a 5 power creature
>player would take 5 damage, furnace of rath doubles it to 10 damage
>saskia trigger put on stack, that player takes 10 extra damage
>furnace of rath doubles saskia trigger damage and the player takes 20 damage instead
>player takes a total of 30 damage from a 5 power creature

it's somewhat impractical but retardedly destructive
>>
>>53714222
>>53714440
also saskia's damage doubler effect doesn't count as combat damage, and thus no commander damage, so voltron is not a very good idea.
>>
>>53714209
Well for anything using in-game pieces, there's still a chance for the outcome to change. What if another player was about to use a surprise fog or some other combat trick?
Conceding just removes all further interaction and can mess up all players.
>>
In response to you declaring Curtain's Call I scoop
Get Force Spiked, faggot
>>
So I'm building my Rakdos the Defiler demon tibal and really enjoy it flavor-wise, but given the average manacost of demons, the threat density is really mediocre, even though some of them might persistently mess the table. I've got all the good draw and manarocks 20$ and below, but if somebody messes with my lands I usually can't cast much more than my general until turns 10+. Most of the games I'm dropping 1-2 demons not to overcommit and if I'm using them to pressure life totals I usually have no blockers. I usually just ramp and wait most of the game.

It can go for the spite-kills you seem to really dislike here, but if somebody puts his back into fucking me up, there is little I can do. Had a game with a really cheap GW aggro deck that had decimated me, despite stalling for many turns with Fortune Thief

Would I be better off making a Sedris reanimator deck? I've always liked him, but reanimator seems a pretty easy strategy to hate out and I don't own most worthy reanimation targets yet

>>53714480
Are you entirely sure commander damage abilities and shit like Ashling's explosion are not commander damage? 'Cause commander card is the source.
>>
>>53714745
that doesn't work because you have to pay the costs before you can put the spell on the stack. if someone scoops then it doesn't matter because you've already paid for the spell's casting costs
>>
>>53714774
Only combat damage is commander damage. Lots of cards would be broken if it wasn't just combat. Hidetsugu and Niv Mizzet come to mind as generals that don't need that kind of buff.
>>
>>53714774
>If a player has been dealt 21 points of combat damage by a particular Commander during the game, that player loses a game.
>>
>>53714825
>>53714845
Well, that really makes Ashling craparinyos
>>
>>53714863
Ashling has always been a meme commander anyway
>>
>>53715171
le ebin 99 mountains
xdxddxxdxdxddxxdxdxdxdxdxd
>>
>>53705805
>tfw I'll never get to play Temur Kraj
So much wasted potential
I could be playing Ashling and Vorel in the same deck. Fuck you Atraxa not having red
>>
File: NicolBolas.jpg (37KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
NicolBolas.jpg
37KB, 223x310px
>>53696591
is bolas a good grixis commander or is there better.
>>
>>53716061
>>tfw I'll never get to play Temur Kraj
partners???
>>
>>53716062
There are better ones like Vial Smasher+Thrasios but Nicol Bolas is still decent. His ability is terrifying and he is an elder dragon in a format named after elder dragons.
>>
>>53716154
how fitting. you could put some tutors in the deck to dig for him. but he does cost 8 mana
>>
>>53716062
Grixis is an incredibly good color combo at high levels of play, but that's as a storm deck and it doesn't matter who you're using to command. If you focus on using his ability, I'd say that he's mid to low power, probably somewhere between Sedris and Lord of Tresserhorn.
>>
File: MAD.png (112KB, 831x646px) Image search: [Google]
MAD.png
112KB, 831x646px
Before this thread is over, here is your threadly reminder that the only people that have a problem with "tactical scoop" are people that don't understand the concept of MAD or Mutually Assured Destruction.
>>
>>53716551
Except that you're playing EDH, not having a cold war, you gigantic twat.
>>
>>53716568
That criticism of the post doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>53716551
Stop being a little bitch and accept your loss. Or better yet, git gud so you aren't constantly losing.
>>
>>53716812
There is nothing about "tactical scoop" that rejects the loss. The loss still happens. You would understand this concept if you understood MAD, which further proves my point.
Thread posts: 355
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.