[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If they would actually come back into 40k what > would be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

If they would actually come back into 40k what
> would be the best way to do it?
> changes in their fluff to better fit the current lore?
> the reaction of the different factions?
>>
>>53695127
I want the Tyranids to fear them.
>>
File: tyranids_by_angryflashlight[1].jpg (112KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
tyranids_by_angryflashlight[1].jpg
112KB, 600x750px
>>53695127
> the reaction of the different factions?

Pic related
>>
File: 1495475332788.gif (3MB, 590x388px) Image search: [Google]
1495475332788.gif
3MB, 590x388px
>>53695127
They still are in 40k, they're part of the Imperial Guard now. Read the new index, it mentions squats by name as being recruited into Imperial Guard regiments. Most people haven't seen those pages because the guy who uploaded the index pages skipped a lot of the fluff pages entirely when doing his scan.

Essentially their numbers are too low for a proper codex and the admech/inquisition nicked all their good gear, or they keep it to defend their homeworlds since resupplying a regiment halfway across the galaxy would be too difficult. Take your pick.
>>
>>53695720
So hey, maybe in the new codex they'll get squat squads like Ogryn and Ratlings

Pray for catgirls too
>>
>>53695750
Felenids were mentioned too, along with some others like "long shanks", beastmen, and a few others that I had never heard of before.

They're under the auxilia page if I remember correctly.
>>
>>53695720
Yeah, but I meant if they would come back as race as faction of the imperium.
>>
>>53696118
yeah I wouldn't hold your breath there short stuff
>>
>>53695720
So do we know if the Squats old ' 40k-Landkreuzers/fortresses-on-wheels' are still a thing? Because the mental image of an Ork getting their hands on a Squat Cyclops and looting the zog out of it is both terrifying and hilarious to think about.

>A Cadian and a Squat are manning the wall of a hive city watching the Orks unload their vehicles from a crashed hulk
>A Cyclops painted red, covered in more guns than should be possible and a Deff Rolla bigger than an Imperial Knight rolls out onto the battlefield
>Cadian: "Since when did Orks start using giant mobile turrets?"
>Squat Auxilia: "That's no turret boy! That's a Squat Cyclops! Those greenskin bastards stole one of my people's vehicles!"
>Cadian looks at Squat Auxilia in confusion
>Cadian: "How much of a threat is it?"
>Squat shrugs: "Well the big gun on the front is the kind used in ship battles, so there's that threat. I have no idea what the thing on the front is for, since the Cyclops is slow-"
>Deafening roar from Looted Cyclops as it rolls through the hive city wall several meters away from the Guardsmen and continues driving forward at 70 kph, crushing everything underneath the Deff Rolla
>Cadian: "I THOUGHT YOU SAID IT WAS SLOW!!!"
>>
>>53695720
So we can assume they'll still be named squats?
>>
>>53695720
>canon again legitimately
Well, better get some Khardon Overlords bits i guess!
>>
>>53696359
they were canon all the way back in 6th, I remember picking up the book on release and it was one of the first things I saw in the back when I was looking for a summary.

>>53696338
It's what the index called them

>>53696327
I'd imagine the squat homeworlds keep that stuff for self defense, but I doubt we'll ever see it getting added to the guard or as a standalone codex.
>>
>>53696327
Well, for a humongous vehicle, 70 km/h would look slow from afar...
>>
File: JuggernautROTS.jpg (790KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
JuggernautROTS.jpg
790KB, 1600x1200px
>>53696327
Squats should be reinvented as wicked fast filled with crazy blood, witness me all shiny and chrome.

They can be quick and defensive, the snapping turtle of the emperor's armory.
>>
>>53695127
What were the special things about them back then, that made them stand out?
>>
>>53696877
Very unique and stylized technology.
>>
>>53695127
>if

the future is now
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.