[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much does magic, magical energies, and magical effects impact

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

How much does magic, magical energies, and magical effects impact on the development of newborns? Would casting a number of spells on a pregnant woman on an adventure have an adverse effect on her child, for instance?

Or if you were to cast Enlarge Person on two goblins and make it permanent, would any children they have also be larger than normal? Could you breed an army of quickly reproducing giants that way?
>>
>>53694516
Depends on the edition.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1496947176354.jpg (85KB, 1071x1033px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1496947176354.jpg
85KB, 1071x1033px
>>53694516
Depends on the system, depends on the setting, depends on the magic user, type of magic, intent of the magic, potential of the magic, and lore, and much much more.

This is how you can use "a wizard did it" for a plot device. Because it could literally be anything within or outside the realm of in game or out of game reality.
>>
>>53694592
>>53694779
I can't on top of my headcome up with a single system, setting, edition, or a type of magic that'ddelve deep enough in the matter to have any kind of an answer, meaning odds are pretty damb good you're just allowed to come up with your own interpretations to them.

>it could literally be anything within or outside the realm of in game or out of game reality
See, doesn't this statement, the whole "A wizard did it" statement, directly contradict everything that says "Depends on X" and render it null? Because it does in fact not depend on those things, it's just magic being weird.
>>
>>53694898
>I can't on top of my headcome up with a single system, setting, edition, or a type of magic that'ddelve deep enough in the matter to have any kind of an answer, meaning odds are pretty damb good you're just allowed to come up with your own interpretations to them.
The AD&D netbook 'The Complete Unlawful Guide to Carnal Knowledge" discusses the matter in detail, but OP didn't specify a game or system.
>>
>>53694973
I've read that book and I'm fairly certain it doesn't involve magical radiation in any way.

Also, it's an unofficial fan book so I'm not sure it'd count anyhow.
>>
>>53695007
It would count if you did use it.

>>53694898
It dose both of depends on X and completely depends on nothing yet Everything. Unless you have a specific something that reduced the variables the realm of magic in an imaginary fantasy/non-fantasy setting...dude I'm not a full wizard fuck it! Peace.
>>
>>53694516
The answer is literally whatever you want. If you have a custom setting on undefined setting then define it as you please. If our shit at design then ask for help but give us a lot more info then what you have.

>>53694592
>Depends on the edition
Kill yourself faggot. The vast quantity of RP systems are far more vast then you understand. There is a lot more then just DnD.
>>
File: cat.jpg (95KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
95KB, 700x700px
>>53694516
>Would casting a number of spells on a pregnant woman on an adventure have an adverse effect on her child, for instance?
Maybe that's how fairies are born?

>Or if you were to cast Enlarge Person on two goblins and make it permanent, would any children they have also be larger than normal? Could you breed an army of quickly reproducing giants that way?
Depends, but I'm inclined to say yes. Why stop there though, why not cast Enlarge Person on the baby of the two giants and then get a gigantic giant?
>>
>>53696006
Giants don't breed that fast. If you had a whole lot of wizards capable and willing to cast the requisite spells, you could get an army of giant goblins out pretty quickly, each generation larger than the last.
>>
>>53694516
So just how fucking much did your mom drink when pregnant with you?
>>
>>53696260
Why a pointless and baseless insult on OP for asking a fair enough question? Kill yourself.
>>
File: barbarian.jpg (410KB, 800x932px) Image search: [Google]
barbarian.jpg
410KB, 800x932px
>>53696074
Giants, as a race, don't breed that fast. People grown with the enlarged spell might breed normally though.
>>
>>53696596
Hence starting with the hyper-fast-breeding goblins, magically enlarging them until they're the size of giants or so, then just letting them keep going on their own.
>>
File: elves.jpg (911KB, 1400x1350px) Image search: [Google]
elves.jpg
911KB, 1400x1350px
>>53696653
Oh, sorry, I think I might not have been clear earlier. When I said "giants" in >>53696006 what I meant was the enlarged races (like goblins) not actual giants.

Although this does bring up a question. Are the babies born to these enlarged races under the enlargement spell, or are they just that big naturally? Because if the latter is true, then you can enlarge them a 2nd time, thus creating even bigger giants, over and over again until it becomes too impractical to even feed them.
>>
>>53696771
>Although this does bring up a question. Are the babies born to these enlarged races under the enlargement spell, or are they just that big naturally? Because if the latter is true, then you can enlarge them a 2nd time, thus creating even bigger giants, over and over again until it becomes too impractical to even feed them.
That's pretty much what I meant. The child was conceived and gestated by parents who were enlarged throughout the entire process, so it'd naturally have picked up something from that. It might not end up as big as the equivalent of an Enlarge spell having cast on it as well, but it would surely have gotten a good bunch of the residual magical energy and ended up growing significantly bigger and stronger than those of its own kind.

Keep that up to its own children.
>>
File: giant.jpg (160KB, 736x1041px) Image search: [Google]
giant.jpg
160KB, 736x1041px
>>53696883
Yeah, I could see something like that happening. You'd have to keep it real hidden though, otherwise every paladin and king who hears about it is gonna want you dead.
>>
Could make the plot of a campaign: The BBEG is making armies of giant goblins. Season after season, they're becoming bigger and stronger. Stop him and his plans before it's too late.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.