[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do there exist any run and gun style rpgs where moment is a free

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1464544210133.png (748KB, 630x800px) Image search: [Google]
1464544210133.png
748KB, 630x800px
Do there exist any run and gun style rpgs where moment is a free action on your turn? So you can shoot and reload and such while in motion, like in a good 90s shooter or throwback thereof?
>>
>>53692975
Just houserule it.
>>
Savage Worlds allows precisely that, by accepting a penalty to your shooting rolls - a negligible one, for any proper gunslinger. It's also a direct descendant of the venerable Deadlands western, which may have done the same thing, I don't quite remember.
>>
>>53692975

RPG's with abstract movement mechanics might suit. Zone based systems assume that any movement within a zone is free and automatic, with it only taking an action if you're moving between zones.
>>
>>53693106
And savage world's is a home brewers wet dream, good for if OP's pic is related
>>
>>53692975
D&D 5e and Strike! let you break up your movement inany way you wish, without any penalty.

Strike has the Skirmisher Archer who can Run & Gun as an action, moving again (on top of his normal movement) and making a ranged attack at any point of the move.

Lots of more narrative games don't even care about minutia like this, such as Fate or PbtA games, but I'm guessing you ask because you want this kind of stuff.
>>
>>53693156
Indeed, I saw some home brews for what I'm after in 5e but I haven't read the system fully and was unsure of it was what I wanted to use, also it's an incomplete homebrew I was going to have to build off of if I was to use it
>>
>>53693231
Well, depends on what you want; while 5e gives you free movement because movement just doesn't matter as much in it. Strike! takes more after 4e where movement, positioning and teamwork is king.
>>
>>53693340
I'm not going to beat around, I want doom
>>
>>53693972
A lot of us want Doom, he's pretty hot.
>>
>>53695072
Funny
>>
Sounds like the work is partly done for you if it's a 5e hombrew, it should have the movement you need to have out of it, any monsters the hombrew doesn't have you can Frankenstein from the DnD bestiary
>>
>>53692975
There was a Warframe mod for VeloCITY that might be what you're after OP
>>
>>53697607
>warframe
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.