[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A small group of Space Marines get caught in a warp storm that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

A small group of Space Marines get caught in a warp storm that throws them to another galactic empire, and are confused enough about it to join up with the local Emperor for a while. They get sent to Arrakis to put down the Fremen rebellion led by some Atreides kid.

Would they perform significantly better than the Sardaukar would have?
>>
>>53689468
Bolt guns aren't energy weapons and so can fire against shields with impunity, so yes.
>>
Lol, it would be massacre. Space marines would obliterate them.
>>
>>53689468
they get eaten by sand worms because big bulky power armor vibrates a lot
fremen: 1
space faggots: 0
>>
>>53689638
1 - 1 actually, with >>53689587
>>
>>53689587
Boltguns would be completely ineffective against Holtzman shields, though, and they aren't tutored in the precision body-control techniques required to slow down/speed up a melee weapon with the exact timing required to bypass a shield and still punch through armour.

>>53689611
Why? Boltguns are literally useless in Dune, while there are plenty of weapons that can drill through power armour. Additionally, I feel like Marines would be at a distinct disadvantage against users of the Weirding Way. If aspect warriors can kill Marines with their speed and precision, so can Weirding users.
>>
They'd probably think Paul was a lost Primarch, assuming they meet him post water of life
>>
But the real question is, who would win?

Spess Mehreens or Star Wars?
Spess Mehreens or Star Trek?
Spess Mehreens or Starcraft?
Spess Mehreens or Stargate?
Spess Mehreens or Babylon 5?
Spess Mehreens or Battlestar Galactica?
Spess Mehreens or Farscape?
Spess Mehreens or Andromeda?
Spess Mehreens or Dr Who?
Spess Mehreens or Firefly?
Spess Mehreens or The Expanse?
Spess Mehreens or Dark Matter?
Spess Mehreens or Gravity?
Spess Mehreens or Halo?
Spess Mehreens or Doom?
Spess Mehreens or Tetris?

Shit, man, there's so many questions, we could dedicate dozens of threads each day to answering them. Someone needs to get to it!
>>
File: spacebook.jpg (7KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
spacebook.jpg
7KB, 267x200px
>>53689859
you're a fukken genius, let me get right on making those threads.
>>
>>53689859
>Farscape

Maldis is definitely some kind of lesser chaos god
>>
>>53689876
Better get regurgitatin' then!
>>
>>53689932
should i throw in an elf thread so i can get even MORE replies?
>>
>>53689859
"Who would win?" is just one of those questions everyone loves to speculate, pitting all manner of foes against one another - Death Battle is popular for a reason. And we all love Marines, so the two obviously go well together.

I guess we could just have one big "Marines Versus" thread? Best not spam the board unduly.
>>
>>53690022
It might as well be a general
>>
>>53690038
Let this thread be the first.

So.

>Spess Mehreens or Star Wars?
Lightsabers can't deflect bolters - just explode their lethal payload all over the place, perhaps not strong enough to immediately kill the Jedi, but at least to distract them long enough for the second shot to go through. Marines win.
>Star Trek?
Star Trek is ridiculously OP. Enterprise alone could probably take on an entire chapter. Federation wins.
>Starcraft?
The Zerg are nothing a group of Ultramarines or Lamenters haven't seen before, and Terran Marines are just glorified Guardsmen. Marines win.
>Stargate?
Plenty of Eldar webways around. No big deal. Marines win.
>Babylon 5?
>Battlestar Galactica?
>Farscape?
Don't know anything of these and therefore can't make any manner of educated response.
>Andromeda?
Andromeda was already taken over by the Tyranids. There's too many there for even the Astartes to take on. Andromeda wins.
>Dr Who?
Dr Who has deep themes of military and violence never being the answer. WH40k takes the opposite view but it's in the satirical way that's not meant to be taken seriously. Therefore, whatever the Marines do, either the Doctor or the Daleks have enough narrative weight behind them to claim victory.
>Firefly?
Firefly's ridiculously low-tech. A single Marine could take on the entire ship, a couple companies the whole setting.
>The Expanse?
Warp travel is really slow and the endless expanse of space ultimately triumphs.
>Dark Matter?
Dark matter explodes as soon as Marines so much as touch it, blowing them all up. Dark Matter wins.
>Gravity?
Space Marines always lose against stairs. Gravity wins.
>Halo?
Supersoldiers of Halo are pretty impressive but ultimately outnumbered and destroyed. Marines win.
>Doom?
Doomguy teams up with them and they go beat the shit out of Chaos together. A tie.
>Tetris?
The first group gets wiped out by going in formation. The rest will know better. Marines win.
>>
File: funnybone.jpg (59KB, 605x806px) Image search: [Google]
funnybone.jpg
59KB, 605x806px
>>53690153
>Space Marines always lose against stairs.
my sides
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.